AT THE MADONNA INN
(another stupid skit)
by Bat Morda
1997 Apr 28
batmorda@ix.netcom.com




Author's Comments:
Aug 07 2000

Well another skit inspired by a visit to the Madonna Inn, during the writing of "The Search For Amphipolis."


EXTERIOR: MADONNA INN REGISTRATION BUILDING

BAT <to Ms. Bat>: I've got the key to our room. The guy looked at me kinda funny...

MS. BAT: Well we are in the minority here, being under fifty and all.

BAT: Maybe because we look instinctively uncomfortable surrounded by pink bordello decor.

THEY WALK TO OVER TO THE ROOM AND LOCATE 138 *THE DAISY MAE* THEY PAUSE AT THE DOOR HEARING VOICES FROM INSIDE THE ROOM

VOICE #1 <very melodramatically>: "What...what are you doing?"

VOICE #2 <narrating with a southern accent>: I blurted as she looped the rope through the ring on my ankle cuff then attached it securely with a knot.

VOICE #3: <overly gruff- almost croaking> "I'm giving you what you want, Gabrielle,"

VOICE #2: she replied without even looking at me.

VOICE #3 "And what I want. After all, it was your suggestion."

VOICE #4 <irritated>: Very funny you three. Gods I swear I don't know where she gets this stuff. As if this would ever happen...

VOICE #1: At least you're not the one ravaged and left with rope burns.

THE SOUND OF FLIPPING PAGES IS HEARD VOICE #4: She gave you rope burns!

FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR Ms. Bat looks at Bat rather sternly. MS. BAT: You promised that they wouldn't be here.

BAT: I didn't think they would be. I swear I didn't tell any of them where we were going. <puts key in lock and opens door>

INTERIOR DAISY MAE ROOM Four women sit on a large king sized bed three wrapped in white towels with wet hair. The third is dressed in kakhi archeology type clothes. They're clustered around a stack of printed pages from which they take turns reading.

XENA: What's this about giving Gabrielle rope burns!

BAT: I didn't- it doesn't say a thing about rope burns. If she got 'em it wasn't my fault.

XENA: Oh. Well then hello Batnip.

GABRIELLE: Bat-a-rang

JANICE: Bat-B-Q

MEL: Batnanna

All in unison : Hi Mrs. Bat.

MS. BAT: Hi guys <to Bat> : I'll go get the bags *dear*. She leaves.

BAT: What are you guys doing here! Are you trying to get me killed!

GABRIELLE: Well chapter three is finished and I don't see any skit taking us to Disneyland.

BAT: I started it and it sucked. It wasn't very funny.

JANICE: You mean like this one?

BAT: Pretty much.

MEL: Well you've got to try the waterfall shower. That'll get your creative juices going. We've all been in it at least twice.

XENA: You know, the caves Gabrielle and I always end up in don't look a thing like this.

GABRIELLE: The shower is a nice touch.

JANICE: <pointing to the pages on the bed> So this is the reason you've not been working on TSFA?!

BAT: <stammers> Um...er...

XENA: Yeah, and what's up with you having dreams about Mel and Janice and not *Us* We came first ya' know.

BAT: <sweaks> Well...

MEL: And what's the deal with making Janice afraid of caves! Especially when we're in a room like this?! She's been jumpy all afternoon and wouldn't even shower with me.

JANICE: Mel!

MEL: Well it's the truth.

BAT: That I can fix. <she reaches for a Madonna Inn note pad and pen and scribbles for a few moments. A smile eases across Janice's face as Bat folds the note and hands it to Mel.>

JANICE <to Mel>: I'm ready for that shower now. <both leap off the bed and dash to the bathroom>

GABRIELLE: What did you write?

BAT: *That even though the heroic Janice Covington was terrified of caves she found waterfalls completely irresistible and intensely erotic.* That should take care of things, but don't expect them out any time soon.

XENA: Fine by me. <She eyes the printed pages briefly> I think I have some research to do.

BAT: Okay, but will you guys at least be out of here by the time we're done with dinner. This is supposed to be Mrs. Bat's weekend.

XENA: Will do. Have a nice dinner and you'll never know we were here. <starts to advance on Gabrielle> Have a nice weekend, and get cracking on chapter 4.

BAT: <withdraws from room putting *do not disturb sign* on door.> Will do, Xena, will do.

The End






Return to Bat Morda