A Different Time, A Better Time
By: ARS Williams

Disclaimer: Xena and all other characters from Xena: Warrior Princess are not mine, they don't belong to me. They belong to USA Universal Studios and all those other great people. All of the rest of the characters in this story are mine. There are also a few songs in the story, don't worry this isn't a musical. The songs aren't mine either.

Sex Warning: Yes there is some sex between a male and female as well as implications towards sex in this story. It wouldn't be a story with out a little lovemaking. <lol>

Subtext Warning: There's a little cursing but nothing to run home and tell mother about. And there is also reference to two women being together.

 

Chapter Ten: New Surroundings

The days went by fast and Xena began to get her things in order for when she would be leaving with Ulysses and his parents. Throughout the next two days, she went around doing everything that she could do and that she promised her mother and brothers she would do and still managed to make the time to go on her daily walks with Marguerite and Julian.

"So Xena, you really want to marry my son?" Julian asked and Xena grinned as she looked into Julian's eyes, "I really, really do. I don't know if you've seen it with the short time you've been here, but I really love Ulysses." She said as she looked at them and they looked at her. "We see that you care for each other very deeply," Marguerite said and Xena looked at her. "Is that all you see Marguerite, or is that all you want to see? Does it really upset you that your son is in love with a peasant?" Xena asked and Marguerite looked into Xena's eyes as she spoke, "Xena, there are things here which you don't understand, which Ulysses has yet to understand.

It doesn't bother me that you're a peasant, I just need to know the type of woman you are, the type of wife you will be and the type of Queen you will become." Marguerite said and Xena nodded, "I know that you love Ulysses and you only want the best for him and I promise you, I swear to you, that it is me. I love Ulysses," Xena said as she looked into their eyes and they looked into hers, "I love him and I know I'll make him happy, I'll be a great wife and I'm sure with your help I'll become a great Queen." Xena said and they looked at her then at each other and she let out a breath, "look, we can sit here for hours, days, weeks and months but it won't change the fact that I love Ulysses and he loves me. I'm not going to keep trying to convince you on how much we love each other and that my intentions towards him are honest and true.

I'm just trying to get you guys see that no matter what, we are getting married, with or without your blessing or your approval but we would prefer, I would prefer, to have them both." Xena said and they looked at her, "we just need time Xena but we do like you and I believe that the more time we spend with each other the more we'll get to know you," Julian said and Xena grinned and nodded. "That's all I can ask for," she said and they grinned at her. They sat there for ten more minutes talking before they headed back to the Inn. Between all of what was going on with her getting ready to go and everything else, Xena exhausted herself to the point where all she could do at night was fall down on the bed.

"Are you alright?" Ulysses asked as he looked at Xena since he was already in the bed lying on his side. "I'm tired," she said as she hugged her pillow to her. "How about I give you a massage," he said as he rose up on his knees. "I'd love that," she said then sat up a little so that she could pull her shift over her head, dropping it to the floor just like she fell back to the bed. Ulysses softly ran his hands over Xena's back before he began massaging her shoulders, "gods you're tense," he said as he worked on her stiff shoulders and Xena closed her eyes and moaned as she began to relax.

"I've been running around all days for the last couple of days, trying to get everything done before we leave tomorrow," Xena said and Ulysses nodded. "I know, I've barely seen you for that last three days," he said then rubbed a little harder as he worked out a knot in her back. "Mmmm…I'm sorry baby, I just want to make sure everything's okay before I leave, you know its not easy leaving my home, my family, all that I've ever known." She said and Ulysses nodded, "you're not leaving them forever Xena," he said and she let out a breath as she opened her eyes and looked at the wall. "I know but sometimes it feels like it, I just…I just want them to be okay," she said and Ulysses let out a breath as he stopped massaging Xena.

"Do you want to stay?" He asked and Xena turned onto her back with no regard for that fact that she was practically naked. "No," she said as she looked into his eyes and then she let out a breath as she toyed with his fingers, "I do want to stay home Ulysses, this is all I've ever really known but I want to go with you." She said and Ulysses looked into her eyes, "are you sure Xena? Cause we don't have to leave, if you want to stay, tell me now and we will. My home is where ever you are Xena and all I want is for you to be happy," he said and Xena looked into his eyes seeing that he meant that. She grinned a little grin as she looked at him, "come here," she said as she pulled on his arm and he laid down so that his lower half was on the bed but his upper half was hovering over Xena.

She looked into his eyes as she ran her hand over his cheek, "I love you so much Ulysses and the fact that you are willing to give up your home and live here with me, makes me love you more." Xena said then let out a breath, "I'm not really afraid of leaving my home, I'm just really worried about my mother and brothers. But that doesn't mean I don't want to come with you, I do, I really do. I want to see Ithaca, this beautiful island that you grew up on, your kingdom." She said with a grin and he grinned as well, "I want to meet your friends, your enemies, your old haunts. But more than that, I want to become your wife and one day your Queen. I want to be with you," she said and Ulysses grinned.

He looked into Xena's eyes as he leaned down and kissed her softly and Xena moaned as she ran her hand over Ulysses' cheek. When the kiss ended they looked into each other's eyes, "I love you Xena, I love you," he said and she smiled as she looked into his eyes. She pulled him down for another soft kiss that soon became a passionate tasting of lips. As they kissed Xena ran her hands over Ulysses' back as she pushed up into him and as she went back down for a second time, she ran her nails over his back. Ulysses took a sharp intake of breath through his nose as he moaned, "mmmm," he moaned, when Xena did that it always managed to turn him on.

Ten minutes passed as they lay there kissing and softly caressing each other. The kiss only ended when Xena began to undo Ulysses' pajama pants. He ended the kiss and looked into Xena's eyes as he tried to catch his breath, "I thought you were tired," he said and Xena grinned as she began to pull his pants down, raising herself up some, her lips brushing against his as she did. "I was but I'm not anymore," she said then kissed him softly and when the kiss ended Ulysses licked his lips as he looked at Xena. "But ummm…" he stumbled, especially when Xena pushed his pants off using her feet. He began to stumble even more so when she opened her legs and it was as if his body had a mind of its own as he situated himself between Xena's legs.

"Are you going to deny me?" She asked as she placed his hand on the band of her underwear and together they began pulling them down. Ulysses looked into Xena's eyes as he licked his lips and shook his head, "never," he breathlessly whispered and Xena grinned as she ran her fingers through his hair. "I didn't think so," she said then pulled him down for a kiss, that started off softly but soon progressed to much more. They began making love and neither one of them knew how they did it but they seemed to always be able to take their time, enjoying the pleasure. Half an hour later, Ulysses was thrusting in and out of Xena at a medium pace and such delicious feelings were running through them both.

"Unnnngh," Xena moaned as she and Ulysses continued to kiss and as they did so, she brought her hand up to grasp at the headboard. Ulysses' hand grasped at the sheet as he pushed deep and a little harder into Xena, "Unnngh…mmmmm," he moaned as he tasted her sweet lips and as they continued to kiss he brought his hand up to hers and their fingers intertwined as they continued to make love. Twenty minutes later they both released, their moans being swallowed up by each other's mouths. Ulysses continued to lay on Xena for a minute as he caught his breath a little bit before he placed a kiss on her cheek then pulled out and fell on the bed.

"That was great," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she pulled the sheet up to her chest and let out a breath as she closed her eyes and relaxed. "Yes it was," she said and after a minute she turned on her side facing away from Ulysses. "Mmmm…you're a great lover," she moaned as she got comfortable and Ulysses looked at her and grinned. "So are you," he said as he reached over and ran his finger down her back. "Your touch always manages to set my body aflame then soothe me," she said as she began to drift off to sleep. Ulysses scooted up behind Xena, wrapping his arm around her waist then placed a kiss on the back of her neck. "Sleep my love," he whispered to her and Xena moaned as she pulled Ulysses' arm tighter around her, making sure her hand was holding hers as she dosed off to sleep.

It didn't take long for Ulysses to fall asleep right behind Xena and though the sleep that they had was undisturbed and restful, they couldn't believe how fast morning had come. Xena had packed the majority of her things the day before, leaving a few things in her room, taking what was closest to her heart with her. So when she woke up that morning, Ulysses was gone but she lay there in the bed thinking about what this day brought and she grinned as she realized she was more than ready for it. So she got up, took a shower then dressed. She changed the linen on her bed and straightened up her room, "good morning," Ulysses said as he walked into the room and over to Xena who grinned as Ulysses leaned in and kissed her softly.

"Where were you?" She asked as she gently tugged on his shirt and Ulysses looked into Xena's eyes as he placed a lock of hair behind her ear. "I was making sure the ship had a stall prepared for Argo and then I brought her down to the docks and helped load her onto the ship. I just came to get your things and bring them to the ship as well," he said and Xena nodded. "Are we leaving now?" She asked and Ulysses shook his head, "no, we'll leave a little after breakfast. It'll give you some time to spend with your mother and brothers a while longer, its not a lot of time…" he said and Xena stopped him at the end by placing her finger against his lips.

"It's better than nothing, thank you," she said then took his hands into hers as she pulled him towards her grinning as she did and he grinned as he looked into her eyes. "You're more than welcomed," he whispered to her as he leaned down and kissed her softly. When the kiss ended they smiled as they gave each other small, soft pecks. "That's all of my things right there," Xena said as she pointed to the wall where all of her bags and a medium sized chest lay. Ulysses walked over and picked up most of her bags, "you're going to need help with the chest," Xena said and Ulysses nodded as he opened the door and Gemini can running in and over to Xena who grinned as she stooped down and rubbed the wolf.

"Oh, did you get all of those bags by Argo's stall?" Xena asked and Ulysses nodded as he began walking out of the door, "yea I got them all," he said and Xena nodded then watched as Ulysses left. She then let out a breath as she looked around her room, making sure she had everything she wanted to take with her to Ithaca. But it was more than that, she thought about all the wonderful memories this room held for her and even some of the not so wonderful memories, still none the less most of her life had happened right here in this room, in this Inn.

"Xena, Ulysses said you had a chest," Toris said as he walked into his sister's room and she looked at him. "Yea, its right there," she said as she pointed to it and Toris nodded then walked over to the chest. He tried to pick it up but it was too heavy, "damn," he said and he raised his head just in time as Lyceus walked by. "Hey Ly come here," Toris called and Lyceus walked into Xena's room, "what's up?" Lyceus asked, "I need your help with this chest," Toris said and Lyceus nodded as he walked over to the chest and they each picked it up from opposite ends. "Gods Xena, what do you have in here?" Lyceus asked as he and Toris struggled with the chest out of the room, "just a couple of things," she said as she followed her brothers out of her room, closing the door behind her.

"A Couple? It feels like you have a body in here?" Toris said and he and Lyceus both groaned as they walked up the stairs with the chest. "Be careful with it and make sure you don't drop it," Xena yelled to her brothers as they walked out of the Inn and headed to the docks. "Good morning mother," Xena said as she walked over to Cyrene, placing a kiss on her cheek. "Good Morning dear, are you ready to go?" Cyrene asked as she looked at her daughter, her grown daughter who was leaving home to go and get married. "Yea but I'm going to miss you guys, I'm going to miss this place and all the things I'm used to doing," she said and Cyrene grinned at Xena.

"I'm going to miss you too," she said then looked at Xena before she hugged her tightly, "oh my little girl is all grown up." Cyrene said then pulled back and looked at Xena as she placed her hands on the sides of her face, "you're becoming a wife, one day a mother and who ever thought, one day you'd become a Queen?" Cyrene asked and Xena grinned as she looked at her mother, "I know I didn't think I'd ever achieve that much but I'm happy momma, I'm happy, Ulysses makes me happy," she said and Cyrene grinned as she took Xena's hands in her own. "And that's all that matters, as long as you're happy, I'm happy," Cyrene said.

"I'm going to miss you but I take solace in the fact that we're going to see each other in a couple of months and I know Ulysses is going to take great care of you," Cyrene said and Xena nodded. "Yea, I'm going to need your help planning the wedding," she said with a grin and Cyrene smiled. "Who knows, I might need your help with the cooking," Xena said and Cyrene chuckled at her daughter. Xena and Cyrene continued to talk while Cyrene prepared breakfast and once breakfast was done, they all sat down and ate, Xena's entire family together one last time. "Here," Corrinna said as she handed Xena a bag after breakfast was over, Xena looked at the bag then at Corrinna. "What's in here?" She asked, "herbs and things I thought you would need in case of an emergency or something," Corrinna said and Xena grinned as she hugged the healer/ mother type, tightly.

"Thank you, for everything you've done for me," Xena said as the hugged and a minute later when the hug ended. "You are my best student Xena and the daughter I've never had," Corrinna said then hugged Xena again. "You're going to come when mother does, right?" Xena asked and Corrinna grinned and nodded as she held Xena's hand, "I wouldn't miss your wedding for the world," she said and Xena grinned. They talked for a little while longer and then Xena went outside where her brothers and Ulysses were. "Aren't you guys going to hug your sister goodbye?" Xena asked and they both grinned, "this isn't goodbye, this is see you later," Lyceus said as he walked up to Xena then hugged her and she chuckled as he slightly picked her up off of the ground.

"I'm going to miss you," Lyceus said when the hug ended, "who's going to help me gang up on Toris?" He asked and Xena chuckled as she patted her brother's cheek. "I'm confident that you can do it without me," Xena said. "Or not do it at all," Toris said as he walked up to them, pushing Lyceus out the way so that he was standing in front of Xena. "You've grown into a great woman Xena and I'm happy you've found the person you're meant to spend the rest of your life with," Toris said then grinned, "I'm proud of you little sister," he said as he softly pinched her chin. Xena smiled then hugged her brother and when the hug ended Toris looked at Ulysses.

"You're going to take good care of her," Toris said and Ulysses nodded as he walked up next to Xena taking her hand in his. "I promise, no I swear to you, that I will take great care of her, all I want is for her to be happy," Ulysses said and Toris nodded as he shook Ulysses' forearm. "I'm going to hold you to that," Toris said, "as will I," Lyceus said as he shook Ulysses' hand after Toris. They hung out for twenty minutes talking and laughing, Ulysses was sitting on a long, wooden beam and Xena was leaning against him as they spent time with each other for a while longer. They eventually went back inside where Xena and Ulysses gave her mother the money that they carried on the ship, "I'll send more but this ought to help until then," Ulysses said and Cyrene looked down at the bags of gold that had been placed in the cellar amongst the food and dried herbs for security purposes.

"Ulysses this is more than enough, thank you," Cyrene said as she turned and hugged Ulysses and he grinned as he hugged her back. "This is a great man you have here Xena," Cyrene said and Xena grinned as she held Ulysses' hand while looking at him, "don't I know it," she said and Ulysses grinned. From there they headed back up to the Inn where Xena talked to a couple of people in the Inn that always treated her with kindness and without judgment.

"Xena," Ulysses called and she turned and looked at him, "its time to go," he said and she nodded then said goodbye to the person she was talking to before she walked over to Ulysses. "Goodbye Xena," a familiar voice said and Xena turned and looked at that person who happened to be Maphias. "Give me a minute," she said to Ulysses who nodded then watched as she walked up to Maphias. "Have you come to try and put last minute doubts in my head?" Xena asked and Maphias shook his head as he looked into Xena's eyes, "no, I just want you to be happy Xena," he said and she looked into his eyes and saw he meant what he said. "I am happy Maphias, Ulysses makes me happy," Xena said and he nodded as he looked at her.

"I know," he said and she looked at him then nodded and was about to walk away when Maphias gently grabbed her arm and she turned and looked at him. "I was a fool to end the relationship we had, to want to change you," he said and she looked at him. "You're fine Xena, just the way you are, you are a fantastic woman and Ulysses is lucky to have you," he said then grinned as he looked down for a minute. "The gods know I am regretting and will continue to regret loosing you but I want you to know you have changed my life, you have changed me for the better. You'll always hold a special place in my heart Xena," he said as he looked at her and she looked at him. "You were…" he said then cleared his throat as he looked down for a minute before he looked back into Xena's eyes.

"You were my first love," he said and she grinned as she placed her hand against his cheek. "I'm sorry for the way I treated you," he said and Xena grinned as she hugged him. "It's alright," she said as she ran her hand over his hair. "I hope you find the happiness that I've found," she said and he nodded then placed a kiss on Xena's cheek. When the hug ended she looked at him a minute longer before she walked over to Ulysses, grinning as she took his hand. "You take good care of her," Maphias said to Ulysses who nodded, "I will," he said. "If you ever break her heart, know that I will be there to pick up the pieces and I won't give her up without a fight."

Maphias said and Ulysses grinned and nodded, "I understand," he said and Maphias nodded then watched as they headed into the kitchen. Xena's family walked with her to the docks and on their way there a couple more people said goodbye to Xena and Ulysses. When they got to the docks they went straight over to the ship, "wow," Lyceus said as they looked over the ship. "It was really nice meeting all of you," Marguerite said and she even hugged Cyrene who smiled as she hugged her back. "Take good care of her for me please, she's not always as strong as she seems to be," Cyrene said softly to Marguerite who looked into her eyes and nodded.

"I will," she said and Cyrene nodded. "Hopefully we'll see you guys in a couple of months for a visit to Ithaca, for a wedding," Julian said and they all smiled and nodded. With his parents having said their goodbyes, Julian and Marguerite went onto the ship and Xena hugged her mother, brothers and Corrinna one last time. "You be safe," Cyrene said and Xena nodded, "and don't always let others do for you what you can do for yourself," she said and Xena nodded. Cyrene looked at her daughter then hugged her once more, "I love you," Cyrene said. "I love you too mom," she said, "and don't you always try to do everything by yourself," Xena said and Cyrene grinned and nodded. "Take care sis," Lyceus said as he hugged Xena once more, "I'm going to miss you so much Lyceus, you're my best friend," she said and he grinned as he hugged his sister tighter.

"And you are mine," he said and when the hug ended he placed a kiss on his sister's forehead. "Promise you'll write every now and then," Lyceus said and Xena nodded. "And you'll do the same," she said and Lyceus nodded. "Don't let mother do everything, especially heavy things that she thinks she can do by herself," Xena said and Lyceus nodded. Xena then hugged Toris, "I love you Xena," he said and she grinned. "I love you too," she said and when the hug ended she placed a kiss on his cheek then hugged Corrinna, one last time, her last hug before she got onto the ship. Ulysses hugged them all as well, and Virgil said his goodbyes as well, in their own way they had all become a family.

"Are you ready?" Ulysses asked Xena as he held out his hand to her, "yea," she said with a small grin as she placed her hand in his. Ulysses grinned as he stooped down and picked up Gemini although she was a lot bigger than the last time. They walked up the plank to the ship and once they were on, two sailors from the ship pulled the plank up, while the others began to untie ropes and see to the sails. Ulysses sat Gemini down on the ship and the wolf stuck close to them especially when the ship began to drift away. Xena and Ulysses walked to the railing so that she could see her family and wave goodbye to them as they drifted away.

The wind was good, so they began to drift away fast and Xena's family got smaller and smaller, "they'll be fine my love," Ulysses said as he moved behind Xena, wrapping his arms around her, then placed a kiss on her neck. Xena let out a breath as she ran her hand over Ulysses' arms while leaning back in his arms, "I know, especially with the money you gave them," Xena said then let out a breath as she closed her eyes and let the breeze blow over her. "But they're my family, I'll always worry about them," Xena said, "I know," Ulysses whispered to Xena and held her tighter as he placed a kiss on her cheek.

They stood there for a while longer then they went below deck and Xena looked around the ship and Gemini was still underneath them, still somewhat frightened by the new experience. Xena sat down on the hammock that she and Ulysses would be sharing and she looked around to see many more hammocks and their things stacked up and tied down safely off to the side. Ulysses sat down on the other side and then he laid down, "come here," Ulysses said as he gently pulled on her hand. Xena laid down on the hammock turning on her side so that her head was laying on Ulysses' chest. He wrapped his arm around her and placed a kiss on her forehead, "I know you're going to miss them but just think, you're going to a new and exciting place where you're going to meet, I'm not going to say exciting people…" Ulysses said and Xena chuckled at him.

"But they'll be new people you can beat up if they talk down to you which, sadly they probably will," Ulysses said and Xena grinned and nodded. Xena let out a breath and thought about her family and leaving them and what that meant on her life and as she thought about it she dosed off. When he felt her breathing even out he looked down at Xena and saw that she had dosed off, he knew that she wasn't physically tired but rather mentally since she had a lot of things on her mind. As he laid there he realized that he really couldn't blame her for thinking about her family and how they would fare out, after all, they were all she had in the beginning and even though they were in love and about to be married they would still be her family and hold a special place in her heart, a place that couldn't be filled, just as his family held a special place in his.

As Xena slept, Ulysses laid there and thought, he thought about Xena and their new life together, how things would be and as he thought about all of that, he looked down at Xena as she slept and he knew he was lucky to have her in his life and he would do anything to see her happy and in his heart he knew that everything would be alright. An hour and a half later, Xena woke up and when she realized where she was she rose up and looked at Ulysses who looked at her since he was still awake. "I didn't…did I fall asleep on you?" She asked and he grinned and nodded, "yes you did," he said. "Sorry about that," she said and Ulysses grinned as he caressed Xena's arm, "it's alright, I know you had a lot on your mind and it makes me feel good that you feel so safe and secure in my arms that you could fall asleep as easily as you did."

He said and Xena grinned as she intertwined her fingers with his, then brought his hand up to her lips and placed a kiss on it. She grinned as she sat there and looked at him, "you know sitting here with you has made me realize that I don't have anything to be sad about. Yes I'm leaving my family, my town and all that I've ever known but I'm starting a new and amazing life with you, the man of my dreams. There is absolutely no reason to be sad," she said then leaned down so that they were face to face, "no reason at all," she said as she caressed his cheek before they leaned in and kissed. The kiss started off as a soft, tasting of lips and it gradually became more.

"Ummm," Ulysses moaned as they continued to kiss, the kiss was becoming heated and they were both moaning while Ulysses ran his fingers through Xena's long, silky hair. They would have continued but they stopped when there was someone clearing their throat. They stopped kissing and looked over to the person, "excuse the interruption my lord," one of the sailors said as he walked over to his hammock to get something. Xena grinned as she leaned into Ulysses' chest, "I forgot that we don't have this whole area to ourselves," Xena said and Ulysses grinned. "I thought ships like these had cabins," Xena said and Ulysses nodded as he placed one of his arms behind his head. "This is one of our smaller ships but our larger ships usually do have more than one cabin.

This ship only has one cabin and my parents have it, as King and Queen it's their right, plus they're my parents," Ulysses said and Xena nodded then looked down at Ulysses. Xena looked into his eyes, seeing so much in them but what outshined everything was his love for her. Xena looked down as she grinned to herself, "what?" Ulysses asked and Xena continued to grin as she shook her head. "Let's go up top," Xena said as she stood and grabbed Ulysses' hand as she tried to pull him up. "What for?" He asked as he sat up, "because I've never been on a ship before or seen the open sea," she said and Ulysses grinned as he stood and they went up deck with Gemini following them.

Before they went up Xena checked on Argo, "how you doing girl?" Xena asked as she rubbed Argo's neck and Argo neighed at her, "I know this is a weird experience girl, but you'll be going to a place where it's so beautiful and you can run around all day instead of being cooped up in a stable." Xena said and Argo bobbed her head up and down, Xena grinned as she leaned into Argo neck while rubbing her nose, "that's my girl," she said then placed a kiss on Argo's neck. "I'll check on you later," Xena said and the whole while Ulysses stood by the door grinning as he watched Xena with Argo and he knew buying Argo for Xena was one of the best things he could have ever done for her.

"Hey are you going to stand there and kiss the horse all day or come and kiss your future husband?" Ulysses asked and Xena grinned as she patted Argo's side before she walked up to Ulysses, where she placed her arms on his shoulders and kissed him softly but passionately. "How's that?" Xena asked when the kiss ended, "mmmm…it was good but we can do better," he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him and Xena chuckled as she met Ulysses half way for the kiss. They both moaned as they continued to kiss and Xena ran her fingers through Ulysses' hair pulling him closer as their tongues tangoed with each other. After a couple of minutes the kiss was brought down to a passionate tasting of lips.

"Wow," Ulysses said when the kiss ended and Xena grinned as she wiped below Ulysses' bottom lip. "Wow indeed," Xena said then leaned in and gave him a peck on the lips before she took his hand and they went up top. Xena walked over to the railing and just stood there and as she stood there she looked out at the open sea. "This is absolutely beautiful," Xena said as she looked out at the blue water that she could see for miles and miles, the sky which was so clear and beautiful, especially with the sun shining. "This is amazing," Xena said and Ulysses grinned a she leaned on the railing as he looked out at the water. "Yes it is," he said.

Xena stood there for a couple of minutes before she closed her eyes and leaned forward as the wind blew against her. "Gods I feel so free," she said and Ulysses watched her as she smiled and he couldn't help but smile as he watched her. He watched as she tilted her head back and laughed, he then moved so that he was behind her. He took her hands and stretched her arms out and Xena laughed as she leaned back into Ulysses' arms. "Now I've…had the time of my life…though I've never felt this way before…yes I swear…it's so true…and I owe it all to you," Ulysses sung to Xena who smiled as she continued to feel like she was flying.

There were a couple of on lookers who watched them but the main one was Julian, he stood there to the entrance to the deck and watched his son with the woman he loved. He watched as Xena brought her arms back in and then they went up so that her fingers could run through Ulysses' hair as she continued to lean into him. She tilted her head back so that it was resting on his shoulders and Ulysses grinned as he leaned down and took the invitation to kiss her. Julian grinned as he watched his son before he headed back down to the cabin where Marguerite was sitting in a chair, knitting. "What are you grinning at?" Marguerite asked her husband as he walked over to the table where he sat down and picked up a scroll.

"Our son, he reminds me a lot of myself," Julian said, "how so? You mean his stubbornness reminds you of yours," Marguerite said and Julian grinned, "not just that," he said, "then what?" Marguerite asked and Julian looked at his wife and she raised her head and looked into Julian's eyes. "When he loves, he loves hard and with all of his heart," Julian said and Marguerite smiled as she looked at Julian. "When you fell in love with me you fell hard, as I did for you," she said and Julian grinned and nodded then turned in his chair and began to unroll the scroll. "It leads you to think, that their love is indeed true, that we can no longer deny what they have," Marguerite said and Julian nodded then looked at Marguerite.

"No we can't, but I'd like to see more for myself, how they are together and how they'll handle things once we get back to Ithaca. Then and only then will we be able to truly decide if this wedding, this union can be." Julian said, "whether it can be or not, our son has clearly said that he will choose Xena over us," Marguerite said and Julian shook his head. "I don't believe that," he said and Marguerite let out a breath as she went back to her knitting. "You said it yourself, Ulysses is a lot like you, his stubbornness and determination comes from you. Remember you have taught him to be the man that he is today and to hold true to what he believes and feels. He is in love with Xena and that love is strong enough to make him leave his family for her, just like so many years ago when we were to be married, your love was strong enough to give your parents the same ultimatum as we have given Ulysses."

Marguerite said and Julian looked at her, "the situation isn't the same Marguerite," Julian said and she looked at her husband. "Isn't it? I came from a lesser kingdom, a lesser family and there were those, including your parents, who thought I wasn't good enough for you to be with, let alone marry." She said, "okay its somewhat similar but…" Julian said and Marguerite stopped him. "No buts Julian, you went with your heart and against your parents and married me. Look at all we have today, if you had not done that then we would not have all we have today, we would not have our children and we would not be this happy."

She said and during all of that she stood and walked over to Julian, where she sat on the edge of the table and looked into Julian's eyes as she caressed his cheek. "Ulysses is following his heart, that is something that we really didn't have to teach him to do. Let him continue to follow his heart, if he and Xena are meant to be then they are meant to be, if not then they'll see it and I believe they'll make the right choice. But no matter what, we have to let them do this, we have to let Ulysses follow his heart and we must stand behind him in his decision," Marguerite said and Julian looked at her and nodded. "I agree with you my love but things will not be easy for them, he is about to do what hasn't been done since the beginning of Ithaca." Julian said then let out a breath as he turned and looked at the scroll, "but he is my son whom I love with all my heart and I shall stand behind him, whatever the outcome."

He said and Marguerite grinned as she leaned down and placed a kiss on Julian's forehead, "you're still that wonderful man I fell in love with so long ago. I'm so proud of you and I love you," Marguerite said and Julian grinned as he turned and looked at his wife. "I love you too," he said and they both leaned in for a brief kiss. When the kiss was over, Marguerite looked into Julian's eyes and caressed his cheek before she stood and walked back over to her chair and picked up on her knitting where she left off. Back up top, Xena and Ulysses continued to stand there looking out at the open sea as they talked and then Xena decided she wanted to learn how to do the things that the sailors did on the ships. So the sailors became very fond of her and they began teaching her bit by bit everything they knew.

Ulysses and Virgil helped around as well before they began clowning around. When it came time for lunch they went down to the mess area where they all sat at one table together and began to eat and talk. When they were finished they sat there for a couple of minutes and relaxed. Fifteen minutes later they all went up top, where Xena went back to helping out around the ship while Ulysses and Virgil sparred and Julian and Marguerite watched them for a while before they headed below. Ulysses and Virgil had been going at it for an hour and by then they had taken off their shirts since they were sweating and when they did that, Xena stopped working and stood off to the side and watched them spar but she mainly was paying attention to Ulysses and how good he looked and how well he could fight, she was pretty sure that he could give her a challenge and she could do the same.

Half an hour later when they were finally finished with Ulysses beating Virgil, they were both tired and sweaty. Xena grinned as she walked over to Ulysses until she was standing next to him, "you were great," she said as she wiped away some of the sweat on his forehead. "Thanks," he told her before he took a couple of gulps from the water skin that was near by. As he drinked, Xena ran her eyes over Ulysses' muscular arms and chest which we were covered in a light sheen of sweat. When Virgil cleared his throat Xena looked at him, "you were great too Virgil," Xena said and he grinned at her. "Thanks, Ulysses are you finished hogging the water?" Virgil asked and Ulysses nodded as he handed the skin to Virgil who took it and headed over to a barrel which held water, he splashed some water onto his face and chest then dried off with a towel before he headed below.

"Are you looking at something in particular?" Ulysses asked Xena who looked at him, "maybe, what's it to you?" She asked with a grin and Ulysses chuckled. "Don't start something we can't finish my love," he said as he began walking over to that same barrel Virgil had used. Xena let out a breath as she leaned against a barrel while Ulysses splashed some water onto his face and chest. Xena handed him a towel and once he had dried his face he looked at Xena who had on her pouting face and he couldn't help but chuckle. "How long is the trip to Ithaca?" She asked and Ulysses grinned at her, "depending on the wind, about a week," Ulysses said and Xena nodded. "I guess until then I'll have to restrain myself," she said and Ulysses grinned as he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close to him.

"Don't feel bad, I'll have to restrain myself as well," Ulysses said and before Xena could reply to that, he leaned in and kissed her passionately. "Mmmm…I hate you," Xena said when the kiss ended and her eyes still closed as she tried to calm the raging fire in her body that Ulysses just caused by that wonderful kiss and Ulysses couldn't help himself as he chuckled at her. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself," Ulysses said, "I'm going down below to relax a little bit," he said and Xena nodded. "I'll be down in a little while," she said and Ulysses nodded and placed a kiss on Xena's cheek before he walked away. Xena let out a breath as she walked over to the railing and leaned against it, she looked out at the beautiful view and closed her eyes as she let the wind blow against her face.

Once she had the fire in her body doused and the beautiful view had calmed her, she headed below deck to the sleeping area where a couple of the men were relaxing. Virgil was in his hammock sleeping and when she walked over to their hammock she found Ulysses asleep in theirs as well. He was laying on his side facing away from her, Xena sat down as softly as she could on the hammock as not to wake Ulysses. She took off her shoes and laid down, the hammock that they shared was extra large, made to hold two people. So even though Ulysses was laying on his side, Xena still had room to lay on her back which she did. She lay there for a couple of minutes and then looked at Ulysses who groaned just before he turned onto his other side and sensing Xena's presence, he moved closer to Xena until his head was pillowed on her breast and his arm was wrapped protectively and possessively around her, holding her tight.

Xena grinned as she ran her fingers through his hair and her other hand softly caressed his arm. She laid there for a while thinking about a couple of things before she began to dose off. They didn't wake until an hour before dinner and still they laid there and continued to relax. When dinner time came they got up and went to the mess area where they ate and by the time they were finished dinner, they bid Ulysses' parents a good night then headed up top. The sun was just setting so it was a beautiful sight and Xena walked over to the railing like she usually did and she just stood there and watched the sun set. Ulysses stood at the entrance to the door and looked at Xena 'gods she is so beautiful' he thought to himself.

After a while of watching her, he walked up to her and took his usual position behind her, wrapping his arms around her. "Beautiful isn't it?" Ulysses asked and Xena nodded as she leaned back into his arms, "I've never seen a sun set like this one before. I've always heard bards talk about beautiful sun sets and sun rises that stir emotions deep within you but I never really believed them until now." Xena said and they continued to stand there until the sun had completely set and when it was pitch black outside, the only light was the half moon and lanterns among the ship, Xena and Ulysses laid down on the ship in a corner out of everyone's way and they laid there and looked up at the millions of stars that were shinning so brightly in the night sky.

After a while they began to play a game of connecting the stars to see different things, "those group of stars, look like a little dipper," Xena said as she pointed to them. "I don't see it," Ulysses said and Xena grinned, "see how those stars there, connect to that line of stars there?" Xena asked and Ulysses nodded as he tilted his head all kinds of ways, "y-e-a," he said drawing the word out as he began to see some of what she saw. "But to me it looks like a pot, one of the small pots you boil water in for tea," he said and Xena chuckled. "Okay, moving on," she said and they continued to look at the stars. "Okay the group of stars over there looks like a bear," Ulysses said. "A bear? Ulysses…what?" Xena asked as she tried to see what he saw but she was having a little difficulty.

Ulysses chuckled as he scooted closer to Xena and began to point out the stars that made him see a bear. "OH!" Xena said when she saw the bear, "you see it now?" Ulysses asked and Xena grinned and nodded as she continued to look up at the stars. "Okay that group of stars looks like a big dipper," Xena said and Ulysses chuckled at her, "what's with you and the dippers?" He asked and Xena hunched her shoulders, "that's what I see," she said and Ulysses nodded but his attention wasn't on the stars any longer, they were on Xena and he looked into her eyes as she continued to look up at the stars and it amazed him how the stars reflected in her eyes as if they were almost in her eyes.

"I don't know, maybe I have a thing for dippers," Xena said, "are you listening to me?" Xena asked when she heard silence, she turned and looked at Ulysses, her blue eyes meeting his brown eyes. "Yes I was listening to you, you can't help what you see, it's understandable. Just as I can't help but see stars when I look into your eyes," he said and Xena grinned at Ulysses as she caressed his cheek. "Sweetheart that's just the stars reflection," Xena said and Ulysses shook his head as he rose up on his elbow and looked down into Xena's eyes. "Even now, with me blocking your view, I still see those stars shinning just as brightly in your eyes," he said as he looked into Xena's eyes. "I can't help what I see," he said and by then he had brought his hand up to Xena's cheek as he leaned down preparing to kiss her and Xena brought her hand to his arm.

"I see the entire universe in your eyes," Ulysses whispered to Xena and she moaned, not just from the kiss but from what he had just told her. 'I see the entire Universe in your eyes, no one has ever told me anything so beautiful, no one, no man has even come close to it. Gods I'm so in love with this man,' Xena thought to herself and the kiss ended even though she didn't want it to. "You are my world," he whispered to her and Xena moaned as she pulled him down for another kiss, at that moment she wanted to make love to him so bad but she had to remember where they were and therefore had to restrain herself. A couple of minutes later when the kiss ended, they were both breathless, "I love you, in the name of Athena and all the other gods, I love you," Xena said to Ulysses as they looked into each other's eyes.

After she said that, she rose up some and kissed him softly but passionately. They laid there in each other's arms for a while longer before they headed below deck to the sleeping quarters. Most of the men were below, either relaxing and talking amongst themselves or asleep from the hard days work. Xena and Ulysses got in their hammock, Xena laid in Ulysses' arms as usual and he threw a small blanket over her to keep her warm because he knew that being at sea could sometimes be cold. It wasn't long before they were asleep and Xena found it surprising that she slept so comfortably and peacefully in the hammock and on the ship.

When morning came they were both well rested and Xena got up and did a little exercising and then she and Ulysses did some sparring. There were onlookers who watched as Xena fought and fought well and again the main onlooker was Julian and he was surprised to see this woman, that his son was so in love with, was giving him a run for his money, and Julian was proud to admit that his son was one of the best fighters he had ever seen, so for Xena to be this good, that she was actually giving Ulysses a challenge, he was amazed. Almost two hours later, Xena kicked Ulysses hard in his chest and he flew a few feet and landed hard flat on his back. He grinned as he looked up at Xena who stood over him as she held out her hand to him, "are you alright?" Xena asked as Ulysses took her hand and she helped him stand.

"Yea I'm alright," Ulysses said then let out a breath as he stretched, "I didn't mean to kick you so hard," she said and Ulysses grinned as he shook his head. "Its fine, I'm fine," he said then pulled Xena to him by her hand. "You're amazing," Ulysses said while smiling and Xena grinned at him, "why thank you," Xena said then moaned as Ulysses surprised her when he kissed her. Xena took in a breath of air through her nose and when the kiss ended she looked at Ulysses as she caressed his cheek, that action being as natural to her as breathing. "What was that for?" Xena asked and Ulysses shook his head, "can't I just kiss you if I want?" Ulysses asked, "of course but I sense there was a reason behind it," Xena said and Ulysses grinned.

"I'm amazed by you, that's all. Amazed by your beauty, your strength, everything about you amazes me," Ulysses said and Xena grinned then looked down as she blushed a little. "Oh," she said and Ulysses chuckled, "you're so cute when you're innocent." Ulysses said and Xena looked at him, "I'm not as innocent as you may think," Xena said and Ulysses grinned. "Oh I know that all too well," he said and Xena grinned as she pushed Ulysses on his chest. "I'm gonna get cleaned up and then get some breakfast, you want to join me?" Xena asked and Ulysses grinned at her as he began walking with her, "for what part?" He asked and Xena turned and shook her finger at him as she grinned, "you said it yourself, don't start something we can't finish," she said then laughed at his crest fallen expression before she turned and headed below deck.

Ulysses let out a breath as he shook his head, "she's really good," Julian said and Ulysses looked up at his father. "She's not good, she's great," Ulysses said and Julian nodded. "She would have to be to beat you and I know how good you are," he said and Ulysses chuckled. "Yea but then I didn't nor do I now, have a goddess whose trained in warfare training me," Ulysses said as he walked over to the water barrel and splashed some water onto his face then dried it. "Have you see the goddess?" Julian asked and Ulysses shook his head, "no but I've seen Aphrodite, she gave us these," Ulysses said as his hand went to the necklace with his half of stone on it.

"You've seen Aphrodite?" Julian asked and Ulysses nodded, "is she…" he was about to ask and Ulysses nodded. "Yes, she's as beautiful as they say," Ulysses said and Julian nodded. "So what did Aphrodite talk to you guys about? Were you having a little trouble in the bedroom department? You know if you are I can give you a couple of pointers, things that drive your mother wild," Julian said and Ulysses frowned at his father. "First of all, eeewww…dad I don't want to here about you and mom in that way," Ulysses said and Julian hunched his shoulders. "Secondly, no we weren't, nor are we having problems in the bedroom department, I know how to please the woman I love and she definitely knows how to please me," Ulysses said and Julian nodded.

"That's good, I hate to think that I have a son who doesn't know how to please his woman, I should hope you take after me in that area," Julian said and Ulysses looked at his father as he shook his head. "Anyway…" Ulysses said as he let out a breath, "so what did she come to see you about?" Julian asked since he was really curious, "she came to confirm what Xena and I knew already in our hearts," Ulysses said. "And that was?" Julian asked, "that Xena and I were meant to be together, we're two halves of a whole, that's what these symbolize," Ulysses said referring to his necklace and Julian looked at his son and Ulysses grinned and nodded. "Yea, we were somewhat stunned as well but at least you know now that there was a reason why I gave you the ultimatum that I did and why I meant what I said. I won't live without her, I can't," Ulysses said as he looked into his father's eyes and when Julian looked into his son's eyes and saw that he really meant that, he nodded then watched as Ulysses walked away.

Julian now knew that no matter what happened in Ithaca, his son would stick with Xena because she was his other half. Julian knew it was rare to have found something that great and he wouldn't be the cause of breaking it up and now he would definitely make sure he stood behind his son in whatever decision he would make. Xena took her wash off, then put on a dress before she headed to the mess cabin where Ulysses was waiting for her for breakfast. As usual they talked while they ate and when they were done they relaxed for a while down below. Ulysses sat in a chair and Xena laid in their hammock as they talked but Ulysses didn't stay in the chair for long.

Xena smiled at him as he got into the hammock and before they knew it they were kissing. When sailors walked in they stopped kissing and caressing but as soon as they left they went right back to it. "I thought they would never leave," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she pulled him to her and they began kissing once again. "We should uh…we should slow down," Xena said as she felt Ulysses caress her stomach. "Mmm…I don't want to," he moaned as he sucked on her neck beginning to kiss his way down. "I don't want you to either," Xena said then bit down on her lower lip as she moaned. She then pulled him up by his hair and kissed him deeply and passionately.

"The Gods know I want you," Xena said in a breathless voice when the kiss ended as she looked into Ulysses' eyes while caressing his cheek. "Then let me have you," Ulysses said then leaned down and was about to kiss Xena but she pulled back and he looked at her. "Not here, we have no privacy," Xena said and Ulysses looked into her eyes then let out a breath. "You're right, I wasn't thinking for a minute," he said as he fell back on the hammock and Xena let out a breath as she nodded. "Its understandable," she said and after a minute they both laughed, "what do you say we go up top and get some air," Ulysses said and Xena grinned. "I'd like that," Xena said and Ulysses nodded as he stood then helped Xena up.

She straightened up her dress before they headed up top where they just leaned on the railing of the ship while they talked and clowned around. "You're beautiful you know that," Ulysses said as he placed a lock of hair behind her ear and Xena grinned at him as she played with the fingers of his free hand. "I had a small clue but I love it when you tell me," she said and Ulysses grinned as he looked at her and then he began to fall into her beautiful blue eyes. "Come here," he told as he gently pulled on her dress and Xena grinned as she moved closer to Ulysses until she was in his arms. "You are so beautiful and I love you so much," Ulysses whispered to Xena now that he had his hand on her cheek and was looking deeply into her eyes.

Xena grinned as she looked into Ulysses' eyes while she took his arm and wrapped it around her waist. "Tell me again," Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he looked at her, "what, you're beautiful?" He asked and Xena shook her head, "no the last part," she said and Ulysses smiled. "I love you," he said and Xena smiled as she nodded while she leaned in, "I love it when you tell me that," she whispered to him just before they softly kissed. "Just in case you didn't know, I love you too," Xena said and Ulysses grinned at her, "mmmm…I had a clue," he said and Xena smiled as she pushed him and he laughed at her. "What would you do for me?" Xena asked, "anything," Ulysses replied without hesitation and Xena liked that. "Would you steal for me?" She asked, "in a heartbeat," Ulysses replied.

"Would you lie for me?" She asked while she continued to look into his eyes, "without thought," he replied and Xena looked down for a moment before she moved closer to him and ran her finger over his chest not covered by his shirt. "Would you kill for me?" She asked while looking into his eyes and he looked into hers as he answered her, "I would kill for you, I would die for you," he whispered to her as he leaned in and Xena grinned as she kissed him softly. "If you so desired, I would give you the world, the moon and the stars," Ulysses whispered to Xena who smiled before they kissed passionately. Julian and Marguerite had been relaxing far back on the ship and Julian watched his son with Xena and grinned to himself because he remembered that's how he used to be with Marguerite.

"Mmmm," Xena moaned as she pushed into Ulysses, her hand holding his shirt as they continued to kiss. When the kiss ended they looked into each other's eyes and Xena grinned as she leaned in and kissed Ulysses again and he moaned as he pulled her closer to him. "Mmmm…I have an idea," Ulysses said when the kiss ended, "about what?" Xena asked as she brushed her lips against Ulysses', "I don't know about you…" Ulysses said and he swallowed hard while running his fingers through Xena's hair. "But there's this fire burning inside of me and you're the only one who can put it out," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she bit down on her lower lip. "So what do you suggest? I want to make love in the privacy of a room where I can moan and cry your name and you can do the same," Xena said and Ulysses swallowed hard as he nodded.

'Gods give me strength,' he thought to himself as he looked at the gorgeous woman that he loved so much in front of him. "My parents are over there, which means their cabin is empty and I suggest we steal it while we can," Ulysses said and Xena smiled at him. "I love it when you're bad," she said and Ulysses shook his head before he leaned in and kissed Xena passionately. When the kiss ended they looked into each other's eyes, "you go first and I'll be along in a couple of minutes," Ulysses said and Xena nodded. "Don't keep me waiting," she said and Ulysses shook his head at Xena as she began to walk away, "never," he said and she smiled before she turned and casually walked away. Ulysses turned around and looked out at the water as he let out a breath, trying to calm his nerves and dampen the fire a little bit before he burned up.

A couple of minutes later he began to head downstairs, "hey, Xena and I are going to get something to eat, you guys want to join us?" Ulysses asked knowing his parents would turn him down. "Nah, we're alright son," Julian said and Ulysses nodded and continued his way down stairs. As soon as he was down stairs he headed straight to his parents cabin and he walked in closing the door and locking it behind him. Xena was in the cabin and she had been looking around when Ulysses walked in, she spun around and looked at Ulysses as he locked the door. She grinned as he turned around and looked at her, "what shall we do now that we've stolen your parent's cabin?" Xena asked as she began to walk up to Ulysses who was walking towards her.

"Whatever comes to mind," Ulysses said and by then he was standing in front of Xena. "What shall we do," Xena said as she ran her hands over Ulysses' chest while looking into his eyes. "I want to make love to you," he said in a slightly breathless voice and before Xena could reply he leaned in and kissed her passionately. "Mmmm," Xena moaned as she stepped closer to Ulysses, wrapping her arms around his shoulder as their kiss deepened. They eventually had to break free for air but it was just for a couple of seconds before they went back to kissing. As they kissed Xena began to unbutton Ulysses' shirt and she wasted no time doing that, nor did she waste time pushing the shirt off of his shoulders and he let it fall to the floor. "Mmmm," Ulysses moaned as he ended the kiss and began kissing and sucking on Xena's neck.

"Ummm…ssss," Xena moaned as Ulysses hit one of her most sensitive spots, it's probably why he went there because he knew how sensitive she was to that. Xena had her eyes closed and she was moaning but her hands were also busy undoing his belt and Ulysses moaned when he heard his belt fall to the floor and she began working on his pants. Ulysses sucked on Xena's neck for a while longer before he kissed her passionately once more and as they kissed he picked her up and Xena moaned as she wrapped her arm around his shoulder while he carried her over to the bed. He placed her softly on the bed getting in behind her, his body over hers, his leg between hers and they looked into each other's eyes before Ulysses leaned down and kissed Xena passionately. They laid there and kissed each other, passionately tasting one another's lips as they caressed each other and in the midst of everything they got Xena's dress off and when they really got down to the hot and heavy stuff, her underwear was gone as was Ulysses' pants.

Ulysses spent his time, kissing, sucking and nipping Xena's entire body, leaving no spot untouched and exploring every spot to the fullest. When he came to her breasts, since he loved the beautiful globes so much, he sucked on her nipples to his heart's content. "Ummm," Xena moaned as he chewed softly on her nipple before he sucked hard on it again. He kissed and sucked on the flesh of her breasts and when he was finally finished, he began kissing, sucking and nipping his way down her body until his head was firmly nestled between her thighs and he was tasting her deliciousness. "Unnngh…unnnn," Xena moaned as she bit down on her lower lip, while running her fingers through Ulysses' hair. "Ummm," he moaned as he tasted every last inch of her, he ran his tongue all over, invoking such wonderful sensations in Xena.

"Ssss…unnnghhh," Xena moaned as her body jerked in pleasure while her heels dug into the bed and her head began going from side to side. Ulysses took his time and sucked all over before he licked every inch of her, tasting every last drop of her essence. He opened her legs wider and sucked on her labia and then her lips. "Unnngh…ssss…Unnnnghhhh," Xena began to cry out as her hands gripped the sheets on the bed and her body began to jerk in pleasure and then the feeling got so good she started backing away from him. Ulysses licked his lips as he grabbed her thighs and pulled her back down to his hungry mouth and continued to devour her. "Ulysses…unnnggghhh," Xena moaned as she placed her hands on his shoulders and he moaned as he continued to pleasure her. "Unnnghhh…gods stop," Xena cried out as she slammed her head back into the pillow. "Stop…unnn…st…unnnngh," she moaned loudly as she gripped at his shoulders and her legs began shaking as he sucked on her clit.

When Ulysses was finally finished he kissed and sucked on her thighs and legs before kissing his way back up and settling himself between Xena's legs as he kissed her passionately. "It felt so good," Xena said to Ulysses when the kiss ended and he grinned as he caressed her hair, "I know, that's why I didn't stop when you asked me to," he said before he kissed her once again and as they kissed she caressed his back and arms pulling him down closer onto her, loving his body weight when they made love. "Take me baby and don't stop, don't every stop," Xena whispered to Ulysses between kisses and he moaned as he deepened the kiss and Xena gave him a run for his money like she often did.

Ten minutes later, they continued to passionately kiss and caress each other before Ulysses made the last critical move. He didn't need the use of his hand to put himself where he wanted to be. He knew where he wanted to be, his heart, mind, body and soul knew where he wanted to be and that was inside of Xena, creating everlasting pleasure and to feel that special connection that they felt when they made passionate love. So as they continued to kiss he eased himself into Xena and they both moaned as he began to stretch her and he moaned at the feeling of being inside of her, moaning at how hot, wet and silky she was. Neither of them wasted time with getting a rhythm started. "You feel so good," Ulysses moaned when the kiss momentarily broke, "Unnnngh," he moaned as he slightly tilted his head back and Xena moaned as she leaned forward and kissed and sucked on his neck moving down to his chest before they started kissing again.

Back up top it had been forty-five minutes since Ulysses and Xena had headed downstairs and Julian and Marguerite continued lounging around up deck. "You know what, I am kind of hungry," Marguerite said and Julian nodded. "Yea, me too, let's see if they're still there and we can join them," Julian said as he stood and reached his hand down to Marguerite, helping her up. "I've just got to get something from the room," she said as they headed downstairs and Julian nodded. "I'll meet you in the mess area," he said and Marguerite nodded as she walked to the cabin. She tried to open the door but it was locked so she figured Julian had locked the door, so she went to the mess area and walked over to where Julian had sat down. "Did you get whatever it is you needed?" He asked and she shook her head, "no, you locked the door," she said. "No I didn't," he said as he chewed on a grape, "well the door is locked," she said and Julian thought about that as he stood and walked to the cabin with Marguerite following him.

He tried the door to find that it was locked also, "Darren," Julian said to a sailor passing by. "Yes my lord?" He answered as he stopped and looked at Julian, "did you happen to see if someone locked this door?" He asked, "no my lord, there is only one key to the cabin and you have it," the sailor said. "The key is in the cabin because I didn't lock the door, someone else did," Julian said. "If what you're saying is true about there only being one key then that means the door was locked from the inside," Julian said and Darren looked at him, "well that would explain why I saw the prince go in there earlier, maybe he's still in there and that's why the door is locked," Darren said and Julian nodded. "Thank you," he said and the sailor bowed his head in respect before he turned and left.

"Ulysses wasn't in the mess area?" Marguerite asked and Julian shook his head, "no and neither was Xena," he said. "Do you think they could be in our cabin?" Marguerite asked and Julian hunched his shoulders, "I'm never sure with Ulysses, the boy is just strange sometimes," Julian said about his son and Marguerite grinned. "Well he gets it from you," she said and he grinned at his wife, "come on and lets see if they're in there," Julian said as they walked back towards the door to the cabin. "Ulysses are you in there?" Julian shouted to the door after he knocked but he got no answer so he knocked again. "Maybe they're not in there," Marguerite suggested and Julian shook his head before he put his ear to the door and listened for any sounds. "Can you hear anything?" Marguerite asked but Julian shushed her so that he could listen more closely and as he listened he did hear some sounds and when he recognized what they were, he pulled back and grinned.

"What?" Marguerite asked, "they're in there," he said and she looked at him. "What did you hear?" She asked him and Julian continued to grin, "the sounds of my son enjoying being a man," he said and his wife looked at him. "You mean they're…?" She asked and Julian grinned as he nodded, "in our bed?" She asked and he nodded again, "in our cabin?" She asked once more and Julian continued to grin as he nodded. "Well I don't think it's our cabin anymore," he said and Marguerite shook her head. "Something else he got from you," she said as she began heading to the mess area. "What?" He asked, "taking things that don't belong to you," she said and Julian grinned as he grabbed her arm and spun her around, "I only take what is rightfully mine," he said and Marguerite grinned as she leaned in and kissed him softly. "And am I yours?" She asked and Julian grinned as he looked into his wife's eyes, "always and forever," he said and Marguerite nodded as they held hands and continued their way to the mess area where they grabbed a snack.

Back in the cabin, Xena and Ulysses continued to make hot passionate love. "Unnngh…don't stop," Xena moaned between kisses as she ran her fingers through Ulysses' hair. Ulysses grinned as he leaned in and kissed Xena passionately, moaning as her fingers dug into his back, while her legs wrapped around his, little did he know that she was preparing him for a change of positions. When she was ready she flipped him onto his back and Ulysses smiled as Xena hovered over him and then he moaned as she kissed him passionately. "Ummmm," Ulysses moaned as he ran his hands over Xena's body and he didn't know what to do when she began to ride him. All he could do was kiss her passionately and pull her closer to him, when the kiss ended he began kissing, sucking and nipping on whatever part of her body he could reach.

"Aahhh…unnnnghhh…yes," Xena moaned as Ulysses sucked on her nipple while she rode him. Her hands gripped the sheets as she tilted her head back and rode him hard and fast. She threw her hair back from her face as she brought her hand up and ran her fingers through his hair, pulling him closer, telling him to suck more and harder. "Unnnghh…unnn," Ulysses moaned as he ran his hands over Xena's back while switching from nipple to nipple, doing as she asked. He ran his hand all the way up to the back of her neck where he massaged the muscles there before he pulled her down for a very passionate and heated kiss. "Ummm," Ulysses moaned as his head was pushed back into the pillow from the force of Xena's passionate kiss and he inhaled sharply through his nose as her tongue invaded his mouth, exploring it to the fullest, while she continued to move her hips and he continued to move his against hers, never wanting the pleasure to end.

Making love to a woman or just having plain old sex, never felt as good to Ulysses as it did when he and Xena made love and it was one of the many things that convinced him that he and she were meant to be together forever. He knew Xena was the woman he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with, he had no doubts what so ever, that was why he asked her to marry him. As they continued to kiss, Ulysses ran his fingers through Xena's long, silky hair before he turned the tables on her and flipped her back onto her back. She smiled at him as she brought her hands down and he smiled at her as he leaned down and kissed her. "Mmmm…unnnngh," Xena moaned as Ulysses sped up a little, while going deeper and it made Xena feel like she was reaching places he had never touch. Whatever he was doing she didn't want him to stop and she made that clear as she deepened the kiss while running her hands then nails over his back.

She rubbed her legs against his and Ulysses moaned as he ran his hand from her foot, up her calf, where he massaged her muscles there before he moved up to her thigh. Their kisses only broke long enough for them to pull in air before they went back to kissing, both of them moaning as Ulysses thrusting kept up. As their releases began to build up, their kissing ended momentarily, and they looked into each other's eyes as Xena ran her fingers through Ulysses' hair, grabbing it as she pulled him down for another kiss. As they got closer and closer to their releases, they stayed at their current pace and continued to kiss and caress each other. Their moans and cries filled the room and when they were right on the edge, they stopped kissing and just looked into each other's eyes and Ulysses fell into Xena's deep, blue sea eyes while he caressed her hair.

Xena fell over first and after a couple of seconds Ulysses was right behind her, "Un…unnnnghhh….Aahhhhh…un," he moaned as he released his seed into her and he continued to thrust into her, until the last of their tremors had left them. "Ummm," Xena moaned as she caressed Ulysses' back, "uhhh," he moaned as one last surprising tremor went through his body. Xena grinned as she caressed his cheek as she leaned up and kissed him softly. When the kiss ended, they grinned at each other, "you alright?" Xena asked as she ran her fingers through Ulysses' hair, "yea," he said then leaned down and kissed Xena softly but passionately and when the kiss ended, he placed a kiss on her cheek before he pulled out of her and pulled the sheet before he fell back on the bed letting out a breath. Xena sat up some before she ran her hand over Ulysses' sweaty chest then leaned down and kissed his chest until she was right under his neck.

She placed her hand on his cheek as she raised her head and looked into his eyes, "so did I put that fire out?" She asked with a grin and Ulysses smiled at her, "no, but you've dampened it considerably," he said and they both smiled as they met each other half way for a very passionate kiss. When the kiss ended they were slightly breathless as they looked into each other's eyes and Xena ran her finger over Ulysses' chin, "I really wanted to put that fire out," she said and Ulysses smiled as he licked his lips. "As long as I have your love this fire will never go out, nor do it want it to," he said as he caressed Xena's back and she grinned with happiness at those words and all she could do was pull the sheet up to her chest as she laid down on her side and ran her fingers over Ulysses' chest.

"I do believe your parents were knocking on the door earlier," Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he looked at her. "Really? I didn't hear a thing, I was too engrossed in other wonderful activities," he said as he reached over and ran his fingers down Xena's chest and she grinned. "Don't start something you can't finish," Xena said as she took Ulysses' fingers and kissed them and he looked at her as she did so. "Who says I can't finish what I want to start?" He asked and Xena chuckled as she looked into his eyes while running her fingers through his hair, "you are so unlike any other man I've known," she said. "I'll take that as a compliment," he said and Xena grinned as she looked into his eyes, "you should, especially since I meant it as one," she said and Ulysses nodded as he placed his arm behind his head and let out a breath.

Xena let out a breath as she turned onto her stomach, making sure her body was covered to a certain degree. "You know, since we're in the beginning of winter, I was thinking we could have the wedding in the spring. If Ithaca is as beautiful as you say it is, I'll want to have an outside wedding," Xena said and Ulysses turned his head and looked at her. "That sounds pretty good to me," he said then turned on his side moving up close to Xena. "A beautiful wedding in the spring as well as a beautiful honeymoon," he said as she ran his hand over Xena's uncovered back and she grinned at him. "What would we do for our honeymoon?" She asked, "anything you want," he said before he leaned down and kissed her back. "I personally want to go somewhere beautiful, maybe sail a week at sea where we can make love day and night," he said and Xena chuckled as she leaned her head forward so that Ulysses could kiss the back of her neck.

"Is that all you think about?" Xena asked, then let out a breath when Ulysses positioned his body over hers while sucking on what Xena liked to think of as her hot spot. "It's hard not to, especially when I have such a beautiful, sexy wife to be in my arms," he said and Xena chuckled as she turned her head to the side so that they could share a passionate kiss. When the kiss ended Ulysses held his body up on his forearms while he used his other hand and ran it over Xena's back, "you have such soft skin," he said, then leaned down and began kissing her back all over. He began making his way down and stopped when he got to her butt and he only stopped because the sheet was in his way. Once he got that obstacle out of the way, he kissed and sucked on her butt, making his way down the back of her thighs then legs.

When he got to her feet he massaged them and Xena moaned at the wonderful feeling. "Mmmm….your hands are so amazing," Xena moaned and Ulysses grinned as he moved up and massaged her back and shoulders for a little bit before he just caressed her. After a couple of minutes Xena turned over and looked up at Ulysses and he grinned as he leaned down and kissed her softly. "Can I make love to you again my love?" He asked, "always," Xena replied as she looked into his eyes while caressing his cheek. Ulysses moaned softly as he leaned down and kissed her and they slowly began to explore each other's bodies and from there they made love once more. An hour after their second round of love making they had exhausted themselves so they were both asleep on their sides, Ulysses spooning Xena and he of course was holding her tightly.

They had been asleep for an hour when there was a knock at the door. Xena moaned and moved a little but she didn't wake up. A minute later there was another knock and Ulysses let out a breath as he eased himself out of bed and looked around the room for his pants. As he put on his pants he looked at Xena who moaned as she rolled onto her other side reaching out for Ulysses but not finding him, only the warm sheets from where he was. Ulysses grinned to himself as he fastened his pants then walked over to the door, unlocking it and opening it slightly. "Mother, I…uh," he said as he looked at his mother, "your father and I have decided to let you guys keep the cabin, it's only a couple more days to home, I believe we can make it in the hammocks until then. So do you mind if I come into my cabin and get some of our things?"

She asked, "uh…" he said as he looked at her then turned and looked at Xena who was still sleeping soundly. "Sure, as long as you keep it down, Xena is sleeping," he said and Marguerite nodded as she walked into the room. When she walked into the room she looked at Xena who was asleep on the bed, the sheet she was wrapped in covering her most important parts and the bed was in a disarray. Marguerite went about the room and gathered a couple of her things as well as some of Julian's then placed them in one of their bags. "Well, that's all we'll need for right now," Marguerite said and Ulysses nodded, "thank you for letting us keep the cabin until we get home," he said and Marguerite grinned at her son as she opened the door. "Your father and I remember how it was when we first fell in love, so we understand the need to physically be with one another," she said and Ulysses grinned as he placed a kiss on his mother's cheek before she left the cabin and he closed the door behind her, locking it once more.

He headed back to the bed, taking his pants off on the way there and then he got back into bed. Since Xena was in his spot, he raised her up some so that he could get into the bed and he laid her down on his chest. "Mmmm…I'm happy that your parents let us keep the cabin, now we don't have to sneak off and steal it," Xena said and Ulysses grinned because he knew she hadn't been sleep since he got out of bed. "Yea but sneaking around was half the fun," he said and Xena chuckled at Ulysses as she moved closer to him and let out a breath as she began to dose back off. Ulysses lay awake for a couple of minutes before he fell back to sleep as well. The days passed by quickly and before anyone knew it, they were a day away from Ithaca and it seemed the day of their previous love making had sated them enough until they were a day away from Ithaca and that's when they spent half of the day locked up in the cabin making hot, passionate love.

Their previous days consisted of nothing but relaxing; Ulysses clowned around with Virgil while Xena helped out around the ship, winning the sailors over with her charming personality and her beauty. She and Ulysses sometimes sparred on the deck and other times they talked with Ulysses' parents, everyone getting to know each other better and better. It was night on their last day at sea and in the cabin, Ulysses and Xena had just gotten finished making love and now they lay in each other's arms basking in the after glow of their love making. Ulysses lay on his back propped up by some pillows and Xena lay with her back against his chest and as they lay there she ran her fingers over his arm. "I'm not sure I'm ready for tomorrow," Xena said, "why?" Ulysses asked as he ran his fingers through her hair. "I don't know," she said and they laid there in silence for a minute before Xena spoke again.

"I guess I just don't want to let you down, I want to be accepted by your people and I know that it's probably highly unlikely," she said and Ulysses let out a breath. "Xena, that's not something you have to worry about. I don't care if the others don't accept you, I don't think they accept me, they respect me because I'm prince but I don't think I'm really accepted by some. The only people that matter to me, whether or not they accept you would be my parents, my sister and Virgil. The most important people in my life and you've already won three of them over so you have nothing to worry about," Ulysses said as he placed a kiss on Xena's temple. "Do you think your sister will accept and like me?" Xena asked as she played with Ulysses' fingers, "I'm not all together sure, Camilla is best friends with Victoria and the fact that I'm choosing you over Victoria and hurting Victoria in the process, she might be a little hesitant at first but I think eventually you'll win her over."

He said and Xena nodded, "but I think you'll like her, she's feisty like you," he said with a grin and Xena grinned as well. "Everything will be fine my love and I need you to understand and believe that there is nothing that will happen or anything that someone can say that'll make my love for you die and we separate. I love you Xena and that will never change, no matter what happens I will always choose you, have no doubt about that my love." Ulysses said and Xena turned on her stomach and looked into Ulysses' eyes, "I will choose you, I will protect you from words and actions because I mean for us to be married, to be together forever and no one will stop that from happening, I'll be damned." He said and Xena chuckled as she leaned down and kissed him softly, "thank you, that really helped," she said and Ulysses nodded as he caressed her cheek as she leaned into his touch, rubbing her face against his hand. "I'm not usually this way, I've grown to not give a damn about what people think about me but this is different.

You mean a lot to me and I know your people mean a lot to you, so I want them to accept me so that everything will be alright," Xena said and Ulysses nodded. "I know but life isn't that perfect, take it from me, don't give a damn about what people think of you or what they might say. Just think of yourself as being back in Amphipolis and the people are the same because they are, the only difference is money and power. However in this case you're marrying a prince so I have more money than them and I definitely have more power than them. Their opinion means nothing to me, what they may say or do can't and won't stop us from getting married. Their words can't do anything to you unless you let them, so treat them like any other person who gets on your nerves or thinks that you're below them. I'm telling you Xena, do that because it's the only way these people will learn to respect you and perhaps one day some of them will accept you for who you are.

But I'm telling you, I wouldn't worry too much about it," Ulysses said and Xena nodded as she laid her head down on his chest. "You're right," she said as she laid there and thought about what Ulysses was saying and she realized he was right. She didn't change herself for Amphipolis, so she wouldn't change herself for Ithaca. Ulysses loved her the way she was and that was all that mattered, she didn't and wouldn't give a damn about what the others thought. Now that she had that settled she could go to sleep, since there was nothing major on her mind. When morning came, Xena woke to a lot of hustle and bustle going on around the ship, since they were getting closer and closer to Ithaca. They all ate breakfast together and the captain told them that they would reach Ithaca by dinner time, so a message was sent to Ithaca by carrier pigeon to prepare for a special dinner.

Ulysses and Xena had no idea about the dinner but they were going to find out at lunch. Lunch was a calm, yet exciting affair as Marguerite talked to Xena about the many things and goings on in Ithaca. "You'll meet a lot of the noblemen at the dinner but don't let them intimidate you, most of them are all full of themselves," Marguerite said. "Wait, what dinner?" Xena asked, "your mother and I thought it was appropriate to send a message ahead to Ithaca to tell them to prepare for a special dinner. We thought it would be a good time for everyone to meet Xena," Julian said and Ulysses looked at his father and just hunched his shoulders. "Whatever," he said, "no," Xena said and Ulysses looked at her. "No, not whatever?" He asked and Xena let out a breath, "how can you say whatever to a dinner that we knew nothing about?

I mean this is a total surprise to me, I'm not prepared for a formal dinner." Xena said and Ulysses was about to say something when his mother spoke before he did. "Xena it won't be that formal and you'll do just fine," Marguerite said and Xena let out a breath as she shook her head then ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. "How long before we reach Ithaca?" Xena asked, "about five to six hours. Why?" Ulysses asked and Xena just stood, "because I need to get ready and find something to wear so that I don't look like a complete idiot when we get there," Xena said as she stood then left the mess area, heading to the cabin. "Mother," Ulysses said as he looked at his mother, "what?" She asked, "I know this was your idea," Ulysses said and Marguerite let out a breath. "Ulysses, your father and I thought it would be nice if we had this dinner as sort of a celebration of your engagement."

She said and Ulysses nodded, "I know, I just wish you guys would have talked to me about it first. Xena is really nervous about meeting everyone in Ithaca and being accepted. Its important to her because they are my people and you just springing this on her like this hasn't really helped matters much." Ulysses said then let out a breath as he stood, "I know you guys were only trying to help but Xena is unprepared for something like this." He said then walked away, heading to the cabin and when he walked in he walked in on Xena throwing things around left and right. "What are you doing?" Ulysses asked as he closed the door behind him, "I'm trying to find something suitable to wear," Xena said as she went through her trunk, letting out frustrating breaths when she couldn't find anything to wear. She stood and kicked the chest as she ran her fingers through her hair in frustration, "I can't believe your parents did this to me," she said then went to another one of her bags and searched through it.

"Xena, this wasn't done to hurt you," Ulysses said and Xena shook her head. "No, it was done to humiliate me. I'm not ready for a dinner like this, I don't have a nice dress to wear, my hair isn't done and the only nice piece of jewelry that I have is the necklace you bought me and my engagement ring." Xena said and Ulysses walked over to her, grabbing her hand and turning her around so that he was looking into her eyes. "Xena, we talked about this already, it doesn't matter how they see you." Ulysses said, "but it matters how you see me. It matters that I at least feel like I can fit it and I can't feel that way when I'm dressed as a peasant while you, your family, Virgil and everyone else is dressed like royalty and…" Xena said then let out a breath as she flopped down on the bed. "I'm beginning to wonder if I should have taken you up on the offer to stay in Amphipolis," Xena said and Ulysses let out a breath as he walked over to Xena and stooped down in front of her, taking her hands in his and kissing the backs of them.

"Xena, my love, you're stressing out over things that don't need to be stressed out over. I agree that my parents didn't fully think this out but in their defense, I think that they set up this dinner because they have confidence in you, confidence that you can hold your own against the people of Ithaca and I have that same confidence in you." Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes and couldn't help but grin, "If I knew nothing else about you, Ulysses of Ithaca, it would be enough to know that you are a caring man and that's why I love you so. That's why I said yes, when you asked me to marry you and it's why I'll say I do on our wedding day." Xena said as she ran her hand over Ulysses' cheek while looking into his eyes and he grinned at her. "Feel better now?" He asked and she grinned at him, "not really, huh?" He asked and her grin turned into a smile as she shook her head, "not really but thanks for trying though," Xena said and Ulysses let out a breath.

"Maybe I can help?" A voice said and they both looked up as Aphrodite appeared before them, with her hands on her hips as she giggled at them in that flirtatious way that she did. "Xena, I do believe you need some help in getting ready for the big dinner in Ithaca," she said and Xena grinned. "That's an understatement," she said and Aphrodite grinned at her, "not really, I've seen worse cases and trust me when I say you top the list," Aphrodite said then looked at Ulysses who was still stooping down in front of Xena. "Excuse us for a while handsome while I help make your hot babe even hotter," Aphrodite said and Ulysses looked at her then at Xena who nodded her head. "Well, I'll leave you to it," he said as he stood and as he stood he placed a kiss on her forehead, "you're gorgeous to me without Aphrodite's help, remember that," Ulysses said before he kissed her softly then left the cabin.

"Well, now that the wonderful distraction is gone, let's get to work," Aphrodite said as she walked over to Xena who by then had stood up. "He's right though," Aphrodite said, "about what?" Xena asked, "you're gorgeous without my help or anyone else's," Aphrodite said as she ran her finger over Xena's cheek and Xena grinned at her. "That means a lot coming from you, the goddess of love and sex," Xena said and Aphrodite chuckled at her. "Hey, I'm not a total airhead," she said and Xena grinned as she looked at the goddess, "I never thought you were one," Xena said and Aphrodite nodded. "Athena was right, you do have an amazing gift of reading people, that's definitely going to come in handy tonight at the dinner," she said and Xena nodded as she let out a breath and flopped back down on the bed. "Yea, I'm going to a royal dinner with nothing beautiful to wear, I look a mess and uhhh…I can't believe Ulysses' parents would do this," Xena said as she stood and Aphrodite looked at her.

"Well, what's done is done and it can't be undone. We can however use it to our advantage," Aphrodite said. "Meaning?" Xena asked as she looked at the goddess, "let's just say, when I'm done with you, the prince won't care about the dinner because he won't be able to keep his eyes and hands off of you." Aphrodite said with a smile and from then on they began to fix Xena up. First she took a nice, long, hot bubble bath, Aphrodite of course making the tub appear in the room. When she had taken her bath and washed her hair she got out and Aphrodite had some of her priestesses there to help her with preparing Xena. They oiled her body down, massaged her, gave her a manicure and pedicure, did her hair, the works. They had a little time to kill so Xena and Aphrodite just lounged around in the cabin, actually talking to each other and having a nice conversation; Xena was in her robe with her hair done up in rollers while they snacked on some fruit.

"Hey Xena, are you guys bout done in there, you know I have to get dressed too?" Ulysses said as he stood knocking on the door to the cabin since it was locked. They were about an hour away from Ithaca and now the ship was even busier than before. "Xena, baby come on I need my clothes," Ulysses wined outside the door and then the door opened to reveal Aphrodite but she only opened the door enough so that he could see her and nothing else. "Here you go stud," she said as she handed Ulysses his bags and he took them as he tried to see into the room. "Aren't you guys done yet?" He asked, "almost, now go away, we're very busy," Aphrodite said and before Ulysses could reply she closed the door. Just as he was about to walk away the door opened again and Gemini came out, "Xena wants you to check on Argo, make sure she's ready to go or whatever and make sure the wolf looks her best."

Aphrodite said as she poked her head out once again and when she was finished she closed the door and locked it once again. "Thanks," he said as the door closed in his face and then he let out a breath as he went to go and get ready, almost getting bout as anxious as Xena when he realized what was about to go down when they reached Ithaca and the palace. Ulysses went to check on Argo before he got cleaned up and dressed and when he was dressed he looked over Gemini and brushed her some so that she looked tidy. When he was ready, he went up top with Gemini following him and he walked over to the railing where his father and Virgil were standing there looking at the island in the far distance. "It feels good to see home," Ulysses said and they both nodded. "It'll feel even better to step foot in our kingdom and in our home," Julian said and this time Ulysses and Virgil nodded.

"Where's mom?' Ulysses asked, "she's getting dressed. If you haven't learned it yet son, women take forever when getting dressed," Julian said and Ulysses nodded. "I'm beginning to see that," he said as he thought about Xena still getting ready with Aphrodite. Half an hour before they reached the docks, Marguerite walked up top since she was finally ready. "You look beautiful," Julian said to his wife as he wrapped his arm around her waist and she grinned as she leaned into him. "Thank you," she said then placed a kiss on Julian's cheek. "Where's Xena?" Marguerite asked Ulysses who was sitting down playing cards on a barrel with Virgil, "I imagine she's still getting ready, though, after all this time I can't imagine what's left to do," Ulysses said and Marguerite grinned at her son. "You'd be surprise," she said and he nodded as he placed a card on the barrel and he and Virgil continued playing until they were ten minutes away and by then they could definitely see the island.

Meanwhile on Ithaca, when the message that Julian and Marguerite sent was received, they began to plan for the dinner. No one knew what the dinner was about, they just knew that it was a special dinner, so things were prepared and the cooks were going all out. "Camilla," Victoria called as she walked out into the garden where Camilla sat underneath a tree reading a scroll and she looked up when Victoria called her. "Have you heard?" Victoria asked, "about?" Camilla asked as Victoria came and sat down next to her. "The dinner?" Victoria asked and Camilla nodded, "yea, mother and father sent a message to have everything prepared for a special dinner but they didn't say what the dinner was for." Camilla said and Victoria looked at Camilla for a moment before she looked down and began fiddling with the grass.

"I heard through the wind that he's brought her back with him. Do you think this dinner has something to do with them?" Victoria asked and Camilla hunched her shoulder, "I don't know. I doubt it, whatever Ulysses has with this Xena person can't last long, she's a commoner and if I know one thing about my parents, they won't let him get too involved with her," Camilla said and Victoria nodded as she let out a breath and all was quiet for a few minutes until Victoria spoke again. "Do you think it's wrong to want to know more about her?" She asked and Camilla looked at her friend, "I don't think its wrong but at the same time I don't think it'll help you any to know more about her, it'll just cause you more pain." Camilla said and Victoria nodded, "but I think Ulysses has a picture of her in his room, I just want to see what she looks like," Victoria said. "Victoria," Camilla said in a warning tone that said 'leave it alone', "please Milla. I just need to see what made him choose her over me, I just want to look at the picture and see if there is anything there that makes her better than me," Victoria said and Camilla looked into her friend's eyes where she saw she really needed this, so Camilla let out a breath just before she nodded her head.

"Come on," Camilla said as she stood and Victoria stood with her. They left the garden and went into the palace up to Camilla's room. "I have to get the key to his room," she said as she walked into her room and Victoria nodded and waited for Camilla outside of the room. A minute later, Camilla walked out and they headed to Ulysses' room. She used the key to open his door and when they walked in they closed the door behind them. "Whatever he has, it's gotta be in his nightstand or his desk," Camilla said. "I'll check the desk, you check the nightstand," Victoria said and that's what they did. "I'm not finding anything over here, how about you?" Victoria said minutes later and just when Camilla was about to say she couldn't find anything either, she noticed a piece of folded parchment on the side of the drawer and she picked it up and opened it to see the picture of Xena.

"I found something," Camilla said and Victoria closed the drawer and rushed over to Camilla who was standing in front of the nightstand. Victoria took the picture from Camilla and she looked at it, "um…" Victoria said because that's all she could say as she looked at the picture. "Okay, so she's beautiful, that doesn't mean anything," Camilla said and Victoria shook her head as she looked at the picture. "This picture shows more than that, it shows desire, passion, elegance," Victoria said and Camilla shook her head as she took the parchment from Victoria. "This doesn't show or mean anything, the only thing this shows is that a very good artist did this and embellished what she really looks like. That's all this shows, you'll know what type of person she really is when she gets here, if he's really brought her here," Camilla said and by then she had placed the parchment back in its correct spot and then she and Victoria left the room.

Meanwhile, those ten minutes passed by like ten seconds and before Ulysses and his parents knew it, they were at the docks and the plank was being lowered. Julian was the first off of the ship, "my lord, welcome home," Gregory said as he bowed his head to Julian. "It's good to be home Gregory, has everything been well?" Julian asked as he held out his hand to help Marguerite down. "Everything has been fine my lord," he said and Julian nodded. "Where is Xena?" Virgil asked Ulysses as he placed one of his bags on his shoulders, "still in the cabin I guess," Ulysses said and then he and Virgil took their bags and brought them off of the ship and placed them in them in the wagon that would be bringing their things to the palace. Gemini followed Ulysses back and forth on and off the ship helping the sailors with their things, even though he didn't need to and he also made sure that Argo was taken care of by one of the best hands in the stables.

He was about to go and get Xena when he turned his head just in time to see her walking up the stairs, making her way up top. Ulysses was stopped cold in his tracks as he looked at the goddess before him and Aphrodite was no where around. Xena wore a red, sleeveless dress that fell down to the middle of her legs. It showed off some cleavage but not a lot, just enough to keep Ulysses enticed but that wouldn't be hard, given that the dress she wore clung to all of her curves, each and every one that Ulysses' loved. She wore sandals with a medium height heel and she had loose curls in her hair as well as sapphire earrings that brought out the color in her eyes, though she needed no help with that. She smiled at Ulysses as she walked over to him until she was standing in front of him, "so what do you think?" She asked then turned around so that Ulysses could see the back of the dress which had a criss-cross pattern in the middle of her back but most of her back was exposed but she was covered decently.

When she turned back around and looked at Ulysses he was still running his eyes over her entire body. "Wow," he said after he let out a surprised breath. Xena grinned as Ulysses took her hand and held her arm up so as he continued to look over her, "baby, you look amazing," he said and Xena's grin turned into a smile as she walked up closer to Ulysses until they were a breath apart and he could smell her. "You smell divine," he whispered to her and Xena couldn't stop smiling as she leaned in and they shared a soft, passionate kiss. When the kiss ended Xena handed Ulysses the necklace he bought her then turned around, "do you mind?" She asked, "not at all," he said then placed the necklace around her neck and fastened it in the back. He then ran his hands over Xena's shoulders and couldn't believe how soft her skin was.

"You have such soft skin," he said before he leaned down and placed a kiss on her shoulder. Xena grinned as she turned around and looked into Ulysses' eyes. "Now I'm ready," she said and Ulysses grinned and nodded as he took her hand and they walked off of the ship. "Gregory, you remember Xena," Ulysses said and Gregory nodded. "I do, it's nice to see you again my lady," he said and Xena grinned at him, "It's nice to see you again as well," she said. "You look beautiful Xena," Marguerite said and Xena grinned, "doesn't she?" Ulysses said as he wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her closer to him. "Now that we're all ready, I believe we can head to the palace," Julian said and they all nodded. Julian and Marguerite walked to their carriage and Xena, Ulysses and Virgil walked to the carriage they would be sharing.

"Wait, Argo," Xena said, "she's being taken care of," Ulysses said. "But…" Xena began to say, "but nothing Xena, I have one of the best caretakers in Ithaca taking care of her. She will be fine my love, she'll have one of the best stalls, she'll be fed and brushed and in the morning she'll be allowed to run free in a huge yard," Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes and let out a breath and nodded. He helped her into the carriage then got in behind her and Gemini was behind him, Virgil being last to get in. "What about my things?" Xena asked, "your things will be taken to my room," he said then picked Xena's hand up and kissed the back of it. "Relax, everything is going to be fine," Ulysses said and Xena let out a claming breath as she leaned back and relaxed; to Xena they were heading to a new challenge.

Continued in
Chapter 11: Opening New doors and leaving a Crack in Old Ones

Positive and Negative Feedback is welcomed
And would be much appreciated
So please let me know how I am doing and if you like or dislike the story J
sadrienne@bellsouth.net

Return to the Academy