A Different Time, A Better Time

By: Adrienne

Disclaimer: Xena and all other characters from Xena: Warrior Princess are not mine, they donÕt belong to me. They belong to USA Universal Studios and all those other great people. All of the rest of the characters in this story are mine. There are also a few songs in the story, donÕt worry this isnÕt a musical. Just special times, like dancing, when a song is being played, so the songs arenÕt mine either.

Sex Warning: Yes there is some sex between a male and female as well as implications towards sex in this story. It wouldnÕt be a story with out a little lovemaking. If youÕre not old enough to read it then donÕt and if itÕs too much for you, then my apologies, I have a very vivid imagination. <lol>

Subtext Warning: ThereÕs a little cursing but nothing to run home and tell mother about. And there is also reference to two women being together. There is no more violence than your regular Xena episode.

Chapter 11: Opening New Doors and Leaving a Crack in Old Ones

When the carriage began to move, Xena looked out of the window and began to see some of the beautiful island that Ulysses talked so much about. ÒYou were right, it is beautiful here,Ó Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he looked at Xena, watching her as she looked out at the beautiful scenery. ÒYou havenÕt seen anything yet, I canÕt wait to show you some of the most beautiful places here, my old haunts and things like that.Ó Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she turned and looked at him, Òand I canÕt wait to see them,Ó she said and they both grinned at each other before Xena turned back around and continued to look out of the window. ÒTheyÕre back,Ó Victoria said as she walked up to Camilla who was on her way to the Dinning Hall, ÒI know, thatÕs why IÕm heading to the dinning hall,Ó she said. ÒIÕm going to sit with you,Ó Victoria said and Camilla stopped and looked at her best friend. ÒNo youÕre not,Ó she said and Victoria looked at her, Òwhy not?Ó

She asked, Òbecause if the rumor you heard is true about Ulysses brining Xena back, then sheÕs going to be sitting with him at the table with me. That wonÕt be a good situation for you and you know it,Ó Camilla said and Victoria looked at her and nodded. ÒTrue but if the rumor is wrong I still want to sit with you, I have no one to talk to but my little sister when I sit with my family.Ó She said and Camilla grinned and nodded, Òyea we do have fun talking with each other when we eat,Ó Camilla said as they continued to walking to the dinning hall. It took ten minutes for the carriages to arrive at the palace and of course Julian and Marguerite were the first ones out of their carriage. Virgil got out first, followed by Gemini and then Ulysses got out and turned around and held his hand out to Xena, helping her out of the carriage and she grinned as she placed her hand in his and got out.

Once she was out, she looked around at the beautifully scenery, the beautiful assortment of flowers, bushes, the green grass and the fountain in the front of the court yard but what she really paid attention to was the huge, beautiful palace in front of her. ÒThis is where you live?Ó Xena asked Ulysses and he grinned as he nodded, Òyes, this is my home,Ó he said and she nodded as she looked at him. ÒNot bad,Ó she said and he chuckled. ÒI see right through you my love, I know that youÕre amazed,Ó he said as he leaned over and whispered to her and Xena grinned as she looked into UlyssesÕ eyes, caressing his cheek before she turned her attention back to the palace. ÒThis is beautiful,Ó she said as they walked up the stairs where VirgilÕs parents met them.

ÒDid you have a safe trip?Ó Lucius asked his son, as he shook his forearm then clapped him on the back. ÒAs safe as possible,Ó Virgil said then leaned in and placed a kiss on his motherÕs cheek and Lucius nodded then turned and looked at Julian, bowing his head in respect to his King and Queen. ÒMy lord, my lady,Ó he said, ÒLucius its good to see you my friend, Gregory has told me that everything has been well,Ó Julian said and Lucius nodded. ÒIndeed, weÕve had a few minor skirmishes and a few confrontations but nothing we couldnÕt handle. There are a few things for you to look over though,Ó Lucius said and Julian nodded, Òcan it wait until tomorrow? I want all of my attention on the dinner tonight,Ó Julian said and Lucius nodded. ÒOf course and may I ask, what is the occasion for this special dinner tonight?Ó

Lucius asked and Julian grinned as he looked at his long time friend, ÒI can tell you now because soon everyone else will know. My son has decided to take a wife,Ó Julian said and LuciusÕ face showed surprise as he looked at Julian then turned and looked at Ulysses who grinned as he walked up the stairs until he was standing in front of Lucius. ÒAllow me to introduce you to the wonderful woman who has stolen my heart,Ó Ulysses said with a grin as he held out his hand to Xena who took it and walked up to Ulysses so that she was standing next to him. ÒLucius this is Xena,Ó Ulysses introduced him to Xena, ÒXena this is Lucius, VirgilÕs father and my fatherÕs head advisor,Ó Ulysses said and Xena smiled as she held out her hand and Lucius smiled as well as he took her hand. ÒItÕs nice to meet you,Ó Xena said, Òit is nice to meet you as well,Ó he said as he raised her hand and placed a kiss on the back of it.

ÒFor a while I thought Ulysses would never settle down, so it is an honor to meet the woman who has achieved such a great feat,Ó Lucius said and Xena grinned as her hand and UlyssesÕ hand automatically came together. Lucius looked at them then at Julian, Òwell this is indeed a good cause for a special dinner,Ó he said, Òspeaking of which, we need to be on our way,Ó Marguerite said and they nodded and proceeded to walk into the palace and head to the Dinning Hall. As they walked towards the dinning hall, Xena couldnÕt help but look around at the spectacular palace that Ulysses called home. She had to admit it was definitely beautiful, the design was unique but beautiful none the less, she was sure there was not another palace like this one in existence. Ulysses grinned as he watched Xena and the fascination in her eyes, ÒIÕll show you around tomorrow,Ó he said as he leaned into her and she looked into his eyes and nodded. Their stroll slowed down when they were but a few doors down from the hall, and once they were outside the door, Virgil and his parents went in first then UlyssesÕ parents and after a couple of minutes they would follow.

Xena let out a breath, tried to rid her stomach of the butterflies she had, Ulysses turned to face Xena and he looked into her eyes where he could see that she was really nervous. He brought her hand up and kissed the back of it, Òrelax, youÕre going to be fine,Ó Ulysses said and Xena nodded as she swallowed hard. ÒNo matter what people say or you may hear, know that I love you and I wonÕt let you go without a fight,Ó he said with a grin and Xena smiled at that. ÒI love you too,Ó she said and Ulysses grinned then leaned in and kissed her softly. When the kiss ended he nodded to the guards to open the door since they were ready to go inside, ÒIf ever you feel insecure, just take my hand,Ó Ulysses whispered to Xena who nodded and let out a breath one last time before they walked into the dinning hall. Her hand was holding UlyssesÕ hand and when they walked in and she saw all the people there, she held his hand a little bit tighter and he squeezed her hand back in a sign of assurance.

Everyone there was talking before they walked in and when they walked in the hall fell silent, everyone had stopped talking to watch Xena and Ulysses walk in and the talking or more like whispers, began again as they looked at Xena, wondering who she was and more importantly, they wondered who she was to Ulysses since they were holding hands, he never showed a sign of affection to any woman he had been with, not in public, so everyone was really curious. They walked over to the head table where his parents sat, along with his sister, Virgil and his parents. His father was of course at the head of the table and Marguerite sat to his right and to his left the chair was empty because thatÕs where Ulysses sat. Once they were at the table Ulysses pulled out the chair next to his for Xena and she grinned at him as she sat down, thankful that the walk in was over, never in her life had she been so nervous. She was also thankful that she was sitting next to Virgil, Òthat wasnÕt so bad now was it?Ó Ulysses whispered to Xena and she grinned at him as she looked into his eyes, Ònot with you at my side,Ó she said and he grinned into her eyes.

Once they were seated, musicians began playing some soft music and everyone began talking again. ÒXena this is my sister Camilla, Camilla this is Xena,Ó he introduced Xena to his sister who was sitting across from Xena. ÒItÕs nice to meet you, Ulysses has told you so many wonderful things about you,Ó Xena said and Camilla grinned at her but the grin didnÕt reach her eyes. ÒYou as well and I wish I could say the same but my brother has barely spoken of you,Ó she said and Ulysses looked at his sister. ÒCamilla, donÕt be an irritating brat tonight please,Ó he said with a grin on his face and she looked at him then picked up her glass. ÒI wonÕt be a brat if you promise not to be an ass,Ó she said as she leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs as she took a sip of wine. Ulysses raised his hands in a choking manner as he looked at his sister, Òooh, I could just choke you sometimes,Ó he said and Camilla was getting ready to say something when Marguerite stopped her before she could start.

ÒPlease not tonight you two, especially when we have a guest at the table,Ó Marguerite said, nodding her head towards Xena and the siblings looked at each other. ÒFine, IÕll behave if he will,Ó Camilla said, ÒI always behave,Ó Ulysses said and Camilla rolled her eyes at him and Ulysses shook his head at his sister then looked at Xena and grinned. ÒThis is normal,Ó he said and Xena grinned as she nodded, ÒI see,Ó she said then looked at the servant that walked up next to her. ÒWine my lady?Ó She asked and Xena grinned and nodded, Òthanks,Ó she said and the servant bowed her head in respect then filled UlyssesÕ glass next. Everyone talked among themselves while they ate some of the appetizers that were brought out, until twenty minutes later when dinner was brought out. Xena had to admit that so far she was enjoying herself but that was partly because she hadnÕt met anyone else, she was just getting to know VirgilÕs parents and Camilla who she got the very distinct feeling from, that she didnÕt like her.

About an hour later when everyone had finished their dinner and they were beginning to mingle amongst themselves as well as dance on the dance floor, Julian thought it was time to announce the reason they all had been brought here. However, before he did he leaned over and whispered to Ulysses, Òare you and Xena ready?Ó He asked his son and Ulysses looked into his fatherÕs eyes, Òas ready as weÕre ever going to be,Ó he said and Julian nodded as he stood and lightly tapped his eating knife against his glass which caused a clanging noise and it got everyoneÕs attention. Once the room was quiet, Julian began to speak, Òeveryone seems to be in good spirits tonight so it must be the food,Ó Julian said and they chuckled at him and he grinned as he held his hand up to silence them. ÒIÕm sure you are all wondering why my wife and I planned such a special dinner,Ó he said. ÒWe thought it was because you needed help eating all this great food,Ó one nobleman said and they all chuckled at him, including Julian.

ÒStill havenÕt learned how to cook yet Benton?Ó Julian asked with a grin, Òno my lord, perhaps you could show me a few things,Ó Benton answered. ÒHe could if he knew how to cook himself,Ó Marguerite said as she stood next to Julian who grinned at her and the others chuckled as well. ÒHey, whose side are you on?Ó Julian asked and Marguerite grinned at him. ÒMaybe we can take a cooking class together my lord,Ó Benton said and Julian looked at him. ÒWell thatÕs a good idea Benton,Ó Marguerite said, Òthank you my lady,Ó he said and everyone chuckled as the atmosphere became even lighter. ÒWhat do you say my lord?Ó Benton asked, Òmy schedule is kind of cramped,Ó he said and everyone laughed at their KingÕs obvious attempt to get out of that situation. Julian grinned as he held his hand up once more for silence, Òas I was saying before Benton rudely interrupted me,Ó Julian said, ÒIÕm so sorry my lord,Ó Benton said in a fake humble manner and they all chuckled once more.

Julian grinned and pointed at Benton who was actually one of the noblemen he was friends with. ÒI know all of you are wondering two things,Ó Marguerite said. ÒOne, why are you here?Ó She said, Òand secondly, who is this incredibly gorgeous woman sitting next to my son,Ó Julian said and Xena grinned at Julian. ÒWell those two questions have one answer,Ó Julian said then paused for a dramatic effect. ÒRecently after the war with Paxos my wife and I had a talk with our son, we wanted to know how this change in him had occurred because as many of you know my son and I always butted heads and Marguerite has recently reminded me that my son is a lot like his father in many aspects.Ó Julian said as he looked at Ulysses, Òstrong in body and mind, stubbornÉstubborn as a mule,Ó he said and some chuckled at that. ÒIntelligent, inspiring, truthful, honorable, kind,Ó Julian said, continuing to use adjectives to describe his son that he was so proud of.

ÒAnd I think all here would agree with me when I say he has a big heart,Ó he said and most smiled and nodded because they all knew the kind man Ulysses was. ÒUlysses is most like me in the way that when he loves, he loves hard and with all of his heart,Ó Julian said as he looked at Marguerite and she grinned at him and they looked at their son. ÒSo after the war was over and he had recovered from his wound, we went to him one night and we asked him what had caused this change in him.Ó He said then looked at Xena, ÒthatÕs when he first spoke of you,Ó he said. ÒXena is the woman who sits next to my son,Ó he said for everyone to hear. ÒHe said her name is Xena and sheÕs from Amphipolis,Ó Julian said as he remembered their conversation as if it had happened yesterday. ÒHe spoke nothing of you but great things,Ó Julian said as he looked at Xena and she grinned at him. ÒHe said dad, her name is Xena, sheÕs from Amphipolis where her mother owns the Inn there and her brothers work the fields.Ó

He said, Òso I saidÉÓ Julian started but Ulysses finished for him, Òso sheÕs a peasant?Ó Ulysses said with a grin on his face and Julian grinned and nodded. ÒYesÉyes I did say that,Ó Julian said, Òand you told me she was more than that. You told me she was kind, very intelligent, strong in mind and body, amazing and a whole bunch of other things,Ó he said. ÒWell from that point on when he spoke of Xena, Marguerite and I could see that our son was smitten with Xena, but knowing our son we just thought it was another one of his interesting relationships with women that he has,Ó Julian said and they all grinned at the way he described UlyssesÕ past relationships or rather excursions. ÒI didnÕt want to admit it at first but something Ulysses said registered in my mind and I knew, I knew that his relationship with Xena was more than we thought.Ó Julian said and he paused for a minute, Òwhat did he say?Ó Someone asked and Julian grinned as he looked out at everyone then at Ulysses.

ÒWhat did you say?Ó He asked his son with a grin on his face and Ulysses smiled as he shook his head, Òwhat did you say?Ó Xena asked him and he looked at her, he looked into her eyes as he spoke the words he spoke on that night. ÒI said, she is the Queen of my heart and with all that I am, I love her,Ó he said then continued to look deep into XenaÕs eyes, ÒI love her,Ó he said once more and Julian grinned as he looked at them both. ÒWell when we heard that, Marguerite and I knew we had to go and meet this woman, this great woman, person, who had changed our son for the better,Ó he said then Ulysses stood and spoke to the crowd. ÒYou know after I said that they still didnÕt believe me?Ó Ulysses asked and they grinned at him, Òwe went to Amphipolis and my parents met XenaÕs mom and brothers and they hit it off while we waited for Xena.

When Xena got there they hit it off with her as well, my parents were happy, XenaÕs family was happy, Xena was happy and I was happy; it was a great day,Ó Ulysses said as he looked down at Xena who grinned up at him. ÒYes it was,Ó Julian said, Òuntil,Ó Ulysses said to his father, Òuntil I did this,Ó Ulysses said to the crowd of people watching and listening to him. They watched as he got down on one knee and looked into XenaÕs eyes as he took her hand in his, ÒXena of Amphipolis, I love you with all that I am and my life wouldnÕt be complete if you werenÕt in it. Will you marry me?Ó Ulysses asked and there were murmurs throughout the room and even some gasps. Xena grinned as she looked into UlyssesÕ eyes, ÒYesÉyes I will marry you,Ó she said and there were more gasps and murmurs.

Ulysses leaned in and kissed her softly before he stood with her hand in his as Xena couldnÕt to sit, Òmy parentÕs faces were a lot like some faces I see now. They were outraged that their son, who was a prince and would one day be King, had asked a peasant to marry him.Ó Ulysses said as he looked at his parents and Julian nodded, Òwe were indeed. Out of all the women Ulysses could have had, he had his pick of princesses and noblemenÕs daughters but he chose a simple village woman, or so we thought. We judged Xena without getting to know her and that was our mistake. We raised Ulysses to be a strong man, strong minded and strong willed and there are some times when we are regretting that,Ó Julian said with a grin and Ulysses grinned back at him. ÒI knew the depth of UlyssesÕ love for Xena when he told me if I made him choose between Ithaca and Xena, he would choose Xena,Ó he said and there were more murmurs.

ÒWhat could I say to that?Ó Julian asked with a grin as he looked at his son then out at everyone else. ÒWe were left with the choice to get to know Xena before we made decisions about her. Since then, we have spent many days talking with Xena and getting to know her and now we see what it is that Ulysses sees. She may be a commoner but she is far from being common. SheÕs a great woman with many talents, sheÕs great in the kitchen, a great healer, she has a kind heart, sheÕs very intelligent, brave, very bold,Ó he said and Xena grinned at him. ÒAnd if you all havenÕt seen it, sheÕs gorgeous,Ó Ulysses said and Xena smiled at him as she shook his hand and Julian chuckled at them as did a few others. ÒYes, sheÕs extremely beautiful but that isnÕt what makes her the great woman that she is. First and foremost we have accepted her for who she is and finally, for what she is. My son is happy, he is happier than he has ever been and if I knew nothing else about Xena, if I knew nothing else about this woman, it is enough to know that she makes my son as happy as she does.Ó

Julian said and by then Ulysses had sat down and Xena grinned at Julian when she said that and all she could do was continue to smile as she ran her fingers through UlyssesÕ hair. ÒLoving your son and making him happy comes as natural to me as breathing air,Ó she said loud enough for everyone to hear and Ulysses grinned as he leaned his face against XenaÕs. ÒMoments such as these,Ó Julian said as he held out his hand towards Ulysses and Xena, Òwash away any doubt in my mind that they shouldnÕt be together. So Marguerite and I have given our blessing and agreed that Ulysses and Xena will be married.Ó Julian said, and though a lot were stunned they clapped their hands in congratulations none the less and Xena and Ulysses just leaned in and shared a soft but passionate kiss.

ÒSo thatÕs why youÕre all here,Ó Marguerite said, ÒyouÕre here to celebrate our sonÕs engagement and to meet the next Princess and one day your future Queen and a great Queen I know sheÕll make,Ó Marguerite continued with a smile and everyone clapped once more. After that was done everyone went back to talking amongst themselves again and now the subject of talk was Ulysses marrying a commoner. As time passed by people came up to congratulate Xena and Ulysses and to get a pick at Xena, to see what she was all about. Xena actually found a group of women she was comfortable around, they seemed more down to earth than like the stuck up royalty she imagined most of them to be. ÒI see a couple of guys I wanna talk to, you okay here by yourself?Ó Ulysses asked Xena and she grinned at him and nodded, Òyea IÕm okay,Ó she said and he looked at her.

ÒYou sure?Ó He asked and she grinned at him, ÒI feel comfortable here and it helps that your mother is here too,Ó she said and Ulysses nodded. ÒIÕll be right over there if you need me,Ó he said and Xena nodded then shooed him away. Ulysses was heading over to where Virgil was with a couple of guys they knew when Camilla walked up to her brother. ÒSo I suppose congratulations are in order,Ó she said and he looked at her. ÒIt would be nice if my sister congratulated her brother on his upcoming marriage,Ó Ulysses said and Camilla looked into his eyes then shook her head. ÒYouÕre happy now and thatÕs great but what about the women whose hearts youÕve broken? What about Victoria? Have you even for a second thought about how this great announcement, you, mother and father made, made her feel?Ó Camilla asked and Ulysses let out a breath as he looked at his sister, ÒWhat do you want from me Camilla? HmmmÉWhat do you want? I canÕt simply put my life on hold because Victoria refuses to let go of me.

No matter how I try to explain it to her, no matter what I do or say, she wonÕt let go and IÕm at a loss as to what IÕm supposed to do.Ó Ulysses said and Camilla looked at him, Òwell bringing her here definitely hasnÕt helped matters any,Ó she said, talking about Xena with disgust in her voice and contempt in her eyes and Ulysses let out a breath as he looked at his equally strong minded sister. ÒIÕm not going to do this with you,Ó Ulysses said, Òdo what?Ó Camilla asked, Òjustify falling in love and deciding to marry Xena. I love her Camilla, I love her,Ó he said as he pointed towards Xena while looking dead into his sisterÕs eyes so that she could see how serious he was. ÒWith every fiber of my being I LOVE HER! And whatÕs more, I plan on marrying her no matter what, NOÉMATTERÉWHAT!Ó He said, enunciating every word as he looked at her, ÒNow IÕm sorry that Victoria is hurting the way she is, I know itÕs my fault and I have tried everything in my power to fix it but unless she wants her heart to be fixed, I can do nothing more, say anything more than I already have.Ó

He said and Camilla was about to say something when Ulysses cut her off, Òand instead of always harassing me about Victoria and the pain sheÕs in, you should try and help her put her life back together because Camilla I canÕt do it anymore, I wonÕt.Ó He said with conviction in his voice and in his eyes, ÒI feel the regret of the pain I have caused Victoria and in some ways I have let it dictate my life, well no more. I canÕt be concerned with how Victoria is doing, what sheÕs thinking and how sheÕs feeling. IÕve done that for some months now but now it has to stop because in a couple of months I will have a wife who will depend on me and count on me to be there for her in every way imaginable and I wonÕt be able to do that if IÕm worried about a former lover; donÕt dare ask that of me. Now Victoria will always hold a special place in my heart and I thank herÉI thank her for all that sheÕs help me through but I canÕt be what she needs and she needs to understand that none of this is done to hurt her more but that IÕm moving on with my life and she needs to do the same because I canÕt be what she needs, what she wants.Ó

Ulysses finished and Camilla looked into her brotherÕs eyes and after a minute she nodded, ÒyouÕre right, youÕre right about everything but you have to understand itÕs hard for me to see my best friend in so much pain, especially when my brother is the cause of that pain.Ó Camilla said then looked down for a minute as she shook her head, ÒyouÕre so gods damn stubborn and you always have to have what you want,Ó she said as she looked into her brotherÕs eyes. ÒIf you would have just listened to me, none of us would be in the positions we are in now,Ó she said then let out a breath. ÒBut the past is just that, we can only look towards the future and try and fix this mess,Ó Camilla said and Ulysses let out a breath when he saw that his sister understood what he was saying earlier. Camilla walked up to her brother and gave him a hug, Òcongratulations,Ó she whispered in his ear before she placed a kiss on his cheek.

ÒThank you,Ó he said as the hug ended, ÒitÕs good to see you happy,Ó she said and he grinned at her. ÒWhy donÕt you get to know Xena,Ó he suggested. ÒIn time but right now I have to go and see about Victoria, try to get her to see the upside of things,Ó she said and Ulysses nodded and watched as his sister walked away. He let out a breath and made his way over to Virgil talking to a couple of people he knew in the process. ÒIs everything alright with Camilla?Ó Virgil asked his friend and Ulysses let out a breath and nodded, Òfinally,Ó he said and Virgil smiled as he slapped Ulysses on the back. ÒWell perk up, youÕre about to be married in a couple of months to a great woman and weÕre celebrating that this night,Ó Virgil said as he handed Ulysses a glass of wine and Ulysses grinned at his friend as he took the glass and took a deep gulp.

Ulysses and Virgil hung out with some of their old friends for a while, Ulysses drinking two full glasses of IthacaÕs red, sweet, potent wine. From those two glasses he got a buzz but through all his laughing and clowning around, he always kept an eye on Xena and she did the same. As it got later, the wine flowed more freely as did the music and many couples began to dance. After a while Ulysses made his way over to Xena, Òexcuse me ladies,Ó he said as he wrapped his arms around Xena and she grinned as she leaned back into him. ÒExcuse me while I steal my future wife for a dance,Ó he said and Xena grinned as she took UlyssesÕ hand and they went to the dance floor. The music was a fast beat playing and they began to dance to it both of them smiling as they enjoyed themselves. They danced dance after dance until finally a slow dance came on and they held each other close, until the point not even air could go through their bodies.

Xena had her arms wrapped around UlyssesÕ shoulder while her fingers ran through his hair, their heads leaning against each other while Ulysses had his arms wrapped tightly around Xena. Their eyes were closed as they swayed to the beat and without much effort everything slipped away until it was only them on the dance floor. ÒThis night has been so great,Ó Xena said, Òummm,Ó Ulysses hummed in agreement. After a couple of minutes Ulysses pulled back some so that his forehead was resting against XenaÕs and they looked into each otherÕs eyes. ÒYou know what?Ó He asked, Òwhat?Ó Xena asked, Òthis has got to be one of the happiest moments in my life,Ó he said and Xena couldnÕt stop the full fledged smile that broke out on her face. Xena looked into UlyssesÕ brown eyes as she placed her hands on his face, ÒI love you,Ó she said and Ulysses grinned as he leaned in and stole a passionate kiss from Xena. Xena inhaled sharply as she returned the kiss with as much enthusiasm and passion if not more.

When the kiss ended they continued to look into each otherÕs eyes as they continued to dance. ÒIÕve never seen him so happy,Ó Lucius said to Julian as they watched Xena and Ulysses dance. ÒNeither have I and seeing him this happy lets me know IÕve made the right choice,Ó he said and Lucius nodded. ÒIt must have been hard though, to allow your only son to marry a commoner,Ó Lucius said and Julian looked out at them. ÒAt first it was but as I got to know Xena, Marguerite and I slowly began to see the strong connection she has with Ulysses. A bond as strong as theirs shouldnÕt be broken because of something as little as nobility.Ó Julian said and Lucius thought about that as they continued to watch them as did a couple of others, Òso when is the wedding?Ó He asked, Òthey havenÕt set a date yet,Ó Julian said, Òwell you know there are processes and rituals they have to go through before the ceremony can take place,Ó Lucius said and Julian looked at his head advisor, raising his eyebrow in the process.

ÒI am married, so I do recall all that they must do,Ó Julian said and Lucius nodded, ÒI was just making sure,Ó he said and Julian let out a breath. ÒBesides, Xena has to go through most of it any way, itÕs nothing really serious so they shouldnÕt have a problem,Ó Julian said at least thatÕs what he hoped. Before either one of them could say anything else, their wives took their hands and pulled them onto the dance floor where they danced. With everyone on the dance floor, Julian wanted to dance with Xena so he and Ulysses switched and as they danced they talked. Soon Lucius wanted a go as well, then Virgil until finally Xena was back in UlyssesÕ arms, Òlong time no see,Ó Xena said with a smile on her face and Ulysses smiled back. ÒBelieve me that wasnÕt my idea,Ó he said with a smile and she smiled back. ÒIt was fine, I enjoyed myself,Ó she said, Òwell thatÕs all that matters,Ó Ulysses said with a smile and Xena smiled back as they continued to dance.

An hour later as the celebration began to die down, Xena and Ulysses bid everyone a good night then left the hall. The moment they walked out of the door, Ares jumped all over them, Òwere you out here the whole time girl?Ó Xena asked the wolf who made it clear that she was, Òshe wanted to go in but we couldnÕt let her,Ó one of the guards said and Xena and Ulysses looked at him. ÒThat was quite alright,Ó Ulysses said. ÒShe wasnÕt trouble was she?Ó Xena asked and the guard shook his head, Òno my lady, she was well behaved, she wouldnÕt let anyone touch her but me. SheÕs a beautiful dog,Ó the guard said and Xena grinned at him, ÒwhatÕs your name?Ó She asked him, ÒMilo, my lady,Ó he said. ÒWell Milo, Gemini here is not a dog, sheÕs a wolf,Ó Xena said and Milo looked at her. ÒWell that would explain why she wouldnÕt let anyone touch her,Ó he said and Xena nodded. ÒShe let you touch her so she must trust you, donÕt betray that trust,Ó Ulysses said.

ÒBetray the trust of a wolf? Never,Ó Milo said as he looked at Gemini and Xena grinned.Ó It was nice meeting you Milo,Ó Xena said, Òit was nice meeting you as well my lady,Ó he said as he bowed his head in respect and Xena continued to grin as she took UlyssesÕ hand and he led the way to his room. They werenÕt in a rush to get to UlyssesÕ room, so they just strolled, talking about the night as they did. ÒWell this is it,Ó Ulysses said as they arrived to his room, he unlocked the door and walked into the room, Xena following him. Lanterns and candles had been lit so they could see and Xena looked around the room while Ulysses closed and locked the door. ÒHow about I give you a quick tour?Ó Ulysses suggested and Xena looked at him, Òyour room is that big that you need to give me a tour?Ó She asked with a grin and Ulysses smiled at her, Òwell these are my chambers, now your chambers, and there is more than one room,Ó he said and Xena nodded.

ÒLead the way,Ó she said and Ulysses nodded, Òwell this is the sitting area, just sit in her and relax, entertain guests,Ó he said and Xena nodded as she looked around the large room that held furniture, a fireplace as well as a table to eat. ÒAnd this is the bedroom,Ó he said as he walked into the bedroom with Xena behind him and she looked around the room which was a large if not larger than the sitting room. She looked at the huge bed in the middle of the room, against the wall, night stands on both sides and furs around the bed. She looked at the large fireplace, where two comfortable chairs sat across from each other in a sort of slant and there were furs in front of the fireplace as well. There was also a sofa there along with a small, long table in front of it, there was a chest of drawers which held some of UlyssesÕ clothes, the closet holding the rest and over to the other side of the room was a medium size table were two people could eat. ÒThose are the doors to the balcony,Ó Ulysses pointed to the double doors and Xena walked over to them and moved the curtain back to peek out side and while Xena looked around, Gemini sniffed around, getting the feel of things but making sure to keep up with her mistress.

XenaÕs things had been placed against the wall in a neat manner, ÒIÕll have a dresser put in here for you and IÕll clean out the other side of the closet for you,Ó he said and Xena nodded as she continued to look around. ÒCome on,Ó Ulysses said as he walked over to another door that was closed. ÒThereÕs more?Ó Xena asked and Ulysses grinned as he opened the door, Òthis is the last room,Ó he said and they walked into a small hall which was lit by lanterns. ÒLastly, this is the bathing chamber,Ó he said as they turned right and ran straight into the bath chamber. ÒThatÕs a big tub,Ó Xena said as she looked at the huge, round tub, that was in the ground in the middle of the room. Ulysses just grinned at her, Òa fireplace heats the water and you can add cold water to the temperature you want. ItÕs just like the showers in Amphipolis,Ó he said. ÒSpeaking of which,Ó he said as he lead her over to where the shower stall was and it was large as well, twice the size of the ones in Amphipolis.

There were shelves built into the walls that held towels, oils, soaps and sponges as well as other minor accessories. There were benches were you could sit down, a full length mirror as well as a place where you could just rinse of your face. ÒWow,Ó Xena said as they walked back into the bedroom and Ulysses grinned at her. ÒLiving in the Inn must have been a torture,Ó she said and Ulysses shook his head as he sat down on the sofa and began taking off his boots. ÒNah, it was a nice change, having all of this gets tiring sometimes,Ó he said. ÒI can imagine,Ó Xena said in a sarcastic tone and Ulysses chuckled at her. ÒIÕm beat,Ó Xena said as she walked over to her bags and began pulling out her sleeping shift. ÒI guess this isnÕt quite appropriate for the life of a future princess,Ó Xena said referring to her shift and Ulysses looked up at her and it.

ÒWho cares? No one but me should see it anyway,Ó he said as he stood and took off his shirt before he walked over to Xena, taking her hand and pulling her towards him. ÒNo one but me should see you take it off, help you take it off, or rip it off if the feeling hits me,Ó he told her as he placed his hand against her cheek and Xena grinned at him then closed her eyes and luxuriated in the soft, passionate kiss they shared. ÒI whole heartedly agree,Ó Xena said and Ulysses chuckled then leaned back in and they kissed once more. When the kiss ended, Xena looked into UlyssesÕ eyes, then looked down for a minute, Òwhat?Ó He asked, sensing that she wanted to tell him something. ÒWould you be upset if I said I didnÕt want to make love tonight? IÕm just really exhausted,Ó she said and Ulysses grinned at her as he continued to caress her cheek.

ÒXena, we donÕt have to make love every night,Ó he said, ÒI mean its great that we sometimes do make love every night, more than once a night but itÕs not required,Ó Ulysses said and Xena grinned and nodded. ÒI know but I can tell that you wanna,Ó she said and he smiled at her as he lowered his hands and took her hands in his. ÒXena my love,Ó he said as he brought her hands up and kissed them, ÒI love you, youÕre a gorgeous, sexy woman, I always want to make love to you. YouÕre veryÉÓ he said then looked over her body as he tried to find a word and Xena smiled at him, Òshit I canÕt even find a word for what you are. All I know is that with every waking breath, I want you but that doesnÕt mean I have to have you or if you tell me you donÕt feel like it or feel up to it, IÕm going to through a fit,Ó he said and Xena smiled as she moved closer while she ran her hands over UlyssesÕ chest.

ÒI would, especially when I have such a sexy man in front of me and I know what he has and what he can do,Ó she said as she looked over his body and Ulysses smiled as he shook his head. ÒDangerous is the word for you, youÕre dangerous and youÕre a tease,Ó he said as he placed his hands on her face while leaning down. ÒIs that so?Ó She asked and Ulysses nodded, Òthat is so,Ó he said before he kissed her softly and when the kiss ended, Ulysses softly ran his thumb over XenaÕs cheek. ÒSee, I want you now but you said youÕre tired, so I can wait until youÕre up to it,Ó he said and Xena grinned at him. ÒThank you,Ó she said as she looked into his eyes, Òno problem,Ó he said then watched as Xena walked away and began getting ready for bed, he let out a breath to calm himself before he too got ready for bed.

Xena didnÕt lie to Ulysses though, she was tired, she was emotionally drained rather than physically and sometimes that could be just as exhausting as overexerting your body. The whole thing with meeting everyone and announcing to them that they were getting married, was a lot more stress on Xena than she thought it would be. She really cared about the impression she made on UlyssesÕ people so she tried harder than normal to make sure that she was accepted or at the most, liked. ÒYou want something to drink,Ó Ulysses asked, Òno, I just want to lay down,Ó she said as she walked over to the bed, pulling the covers back then got into the bed, moaning at how soft it was. Ulysses gulped down a cup of water and looked at Xena who was lying on her stomach, hugging the equally soft pillows. With his pajama pants on he turned down all of the lanterns except for one, which was far away. He got into the bed from the other side and Gemini jumped onto the bed, settling at the foot.

Ulysses let out a breath as he laid down on his back, placing his left arm behind his head as he looked up at the canopy of the bed. ÒIt wasnÕt as bad as you thought it would be, was it?Ó Ulysses asked Xena and she shook her head no, Òno it wasnÕt. I actually like a couple of them, and most of the others I could see right through,Ó Xena mumbled and Ulysses grinned as he looked at her. ÒYou were great,Ó he said and she opened her eyes and looked at him. ÒThanks but if I was great, it was only because I knew you were by my side no matter what,Ó she said, Òalways,Ó he said as he looked into her eyes. Xena was tired but she used the last of her energy to move into UlyssesÕ arms so that her head was on his chest, her leg between his and her arm across his midsection. Ulysses wrapped his free arm around Xena then placed a kiss on her forehead, ÒI donÕt think your sister likes me,Ó Xena said after a couple of quiet minutes.

ÒWhat makes you say that?Ó Ulysses asked, Òthe way she acted towards me, the way she looked at me and her not so happy expression when she found out we were getting married,Ó she said. ÒCamilla isÉ.Camilla,Ó Ulysses said as he thought about it for a minute. ÒRight now, sheÕs more concerned with how Victoria is doing with all of this and its hard for her to be happy for me when IÕm the cause of her best friendÕs pain and she believes bringing you here will only make things worse for Victoria.Ó Ulysses said and everything was quiet for a couple of minutes as Xena thought about that, Òare you concerned with how Victoria is doing with all of this?Ó Xena asked in a soft voice and Ulysses let out a breath, Òyes and no. I donÕt want to see her in pain but at the same time I canÕt and wonÕt put my life on hold until sheÕs happy with everything. As I told Camilla, IÕve tried everything in my power to help Victoria, to make her see that we just werenÕt meant to be butÉÓ He said then let out a breath, Òonly time will heal her heart. Nothing you or anyone says or does is going to miraculously fix her heart, only time can heal a wound like that; time and willingness to move on.Ó

Xena said, Òpart of the problem is she wonÕt let me go and I canÕt keep being there for her, I wonÕt. IÕll be there as a friend but nothing more,Ó he said and Xena let out a breath as she pushed closer into Ulysses. ÒIÕm about to be a husband and I will be there for you Xena, in ever way imaginable, I canÕt afford Victoria to deter me from that or to stop me. You are what matters most to me in this world, youÕre my main priority,Ó he said and Xena just laid there and listened to him as she softly caressed his chest. ÒIts good to hear that,Ó she said and from that point on nothing else was said and they both eventually dosed off, Xena before Ulysses as he laid there and continued to think about a couple more things before he let Morpheus take him.

When morning came Ulysses woke an hour after sunrise and he looked over at Xena who was peacefully asleep on her side. He eased out of bed as to not wake her and he went to relieve himself and get freshened up. When he walked back into the bedroom and eased the curtains back from the window allowing the sun to shine into the room and onto the bed. He looked at Xena who moaned as she pushed into the soft bed and her pillow, she gripped the sheets where Ulysses was but she continued to sleep. Ulysses smiled and quietly went around the room putting on a pair of pants and a shirt then his boots. He left his room and was headed to the dinning hall when he ran into Lucius, ÒGood Morning Lucius,Ó Ulysses said. ÒGood Morning Ulysses, your mother wanted me to let you know that theyÕll be having breakfast in their chambers, they needed some time to recover from your trip,Ó he said and Ulysses nodded. ÒI was going to say the same except weÕre more exhausted from the dinner last night than anything,Ó Ulysses said and Lucius nodded.

ÒSeems as if everyone needs a day off, VirgilÕs still asleep as well,Ó Lucius said and Ulysses grinned. ÒWell IÕll be showing Xena around today when she wakes up, so IÕll be around if you need me,Ó Ulysses said and Lucius nodded then patted Ulysses on the shoulder before he went his way and Ulysses went to the dinning hall where he requested that breakfast be sent to his chambers. He checked on a couple of things then went back to the room, where Xena was still peacefully sleeping, Ulysses hoped the smell of breakfast would wake her but until then, he got dressed in some comfortable lounging clothes and just sat there and watched Xena sleep as he thought about her before there was a knock on the door.

Ulysses answered the door and it was the servants delivering breakfast and he told them to quietly set things up in the bedroom at the table. They moved swiftly and quietly and when they were done they bowed before Ulysses and left. Ulysses walked over to the table and picked up a grape. A few minutes later Xena stretched in the bed and at the same time she reached out for Ulysses, when she felt that he wasnÕt there she opened her eyes and raised her head some. ÒGood morning sleepy head,Ó Ulysses said from his position by the table. ÒGood morning,Ó Xena said as she sat up in the bed, Òbreakfast?Ó Ulysses asked and Xena grinned as she got out of bed, Òjust let me freshen up first,Ó she said and Ulysses nodded and watched as she headed into the bath chamber. He sat down at the table and began eating some of the fruit and a couple of minutes later Xena walked back into the room and over to the table where she sat down in the chair that was next to Ulysses but at the other side of the table.

ÒThis looks great,Ó she said then picked up a grape smiling when she found that it was sweet as was all the fruit she began to eat. There was an assortment of food there to eat and as they ate they talked. ÒSo how did you sleep?Ó Ulysses asked and Xena grinned at him as she ate a strawberry, Òwonderful, your bed is so soft,Ó she said and Ulysses chuckled as he took a small gulp of orange juice, Òand here I thought you slept so well because you were in my arms,Ó he said with mischief in his eyes as he picked up another grape and Xena grinned as she picked up a piece of cheese. ÒWell that helped too,Ó she said, the same mischief shinning back in her eyes and Ulysses just smiled as he continued to eat his breakfast.

ÒAfter weÕve finished breakfast I figured IÕd show you around if youÕd like,Ó he said and Xena nodded. ÒThat sounds great, I would love to see more of the place that youÕve talked so much about,Ó she said and Ulysses grinned then picked up a piece of sausage with his fork. ÒItÕll take more than one day for me to show you everything,Ó he said and Xena looked at him, Òand still I look forward to it,Ó Xena said and Ulysses bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement. When they were finished eating, Ulysses sent for servants to come and remove the dishes then they got ready to go. Ulysses had walked into the sitting room for a minute and when he returned to the bedroom, he found Xena preparing to make up the bed. ÒWhat are you doing?Ó He asked as he looked at her with amusement in his eyes, ÒIÕm getting ready to make the bed,Ó she said as she looked at him.

ÒNo youÕre not,Ó he said and she stopped and looked at him, ÒIÕm not?Ó She asked and Ulysses shook his head as he walked over to her, taking her hand and leading her away from the bed. ÒNo youÕre not, Sarah will make up the bed and straighten up the room,Ó Ulysses said and Xena stopped walking causing Ulysses to stop walking and he turned and looked at her. ÒWho is Sarah?Ó She asked, ÒSarah is the head maid in the palace, sheÕs been here since before I was born. She tends to my parents chambers, my chambers and CamillaÕs chambers,Ó Ulysses said and Xena let out a breath. ÒUlysses I donÕt like others doing for me, what I can do for myself,Ó she said and Ulysses let out a breath as he took XenaÕs other hand in his and looked into her eyes. ÒI hate to break it to you but youÕre gonna kind have to get use to it,Ó he said.

ÒXena IÕm a prince,Ó Ulysses said and Xena looked at him, ÒI know that,Ó she said and Ulysses nodded. ÒYouÕre marrying a Prince and one day you and I will be King and Queen, others will do for you what you can do for yourself, thatÕs just how this life is.Ó He said and Xena let out a breath, ÒI canÕt get use to that,Ó Xena said after a moment and Ulysses looked at her. ÒNo, you wonÕt get use to it because youÕre so stubborn,Ó he said as he looked into her eyes and Xena looked at him as she folded her arms across her chest. ÒSo, as I recall last night, your father said you were stubborn as well,Ó Xena shot back and Ulysses shook his head as he grinned at Xena. ÒMust you disagree and contradict everything I say?Ó He asked and Xena raised her eyebrow at him, ÒI wouldnÕt have to if you would just agree with me on some things,Ó she said and Ulysses smiled at his future wife.

ÒStop smiling at me,Ó she said and Ulysses continued to smile and Xena couldnÕt help herself as she started grinning. ÒYou make me sick sometimes,Ó she said as she pushed him gently and Ulysses continued to smile as he took XenaÕs hands in his once again. ÒHow about we meet half way?Ó Ulysses suggested and Xena looked at him, ÒIÕm listening,Ó she said. ÒSometimes weÕll let Sarah take care of the room and other times you can do it,Ó Ulysses said and Xena thought about that and nodded. ÒSounds okay,Ó she said and Ulysses nodded. ÒHappy?Ó He asked and she grinned at him as she moved into his arms, Òextremely,Ó she said and Ulysses grinned at her. ÒWell then thatÕs all that matters,Ó he said then leaned down and kissed Xena softly but passionately.

When the kiss ended Ulysses looked at Xena who still had her eyes closed, Òshall we get going?Ó Ulysses asked and Xena opened her eyes and grinned at him, ÒI guess so,Ó she said and Ulysses chuckled as they began to leave the room. The moment they walked out side of the door, stepping into the hall, Gemini was there to great them. ÒHi girl, have you been exploring?Ó Xena asked Gemini, ÒI want to check on Argo,Ó Xena said to Ulysses as he locked the door, Òokay,Ó he said then placed the key in his pocket. ÒYouÕve already seen the dinning hall so weÕll start from there,Ó Ulysses said to Xena as he took her hand and they walked down the hall and when they turned the corner they walked a bit more before they went down a flight of stairs. Ulysses showed Xena the kitchen or kitchens since the large room was divided since there was more than one stove.

ÒMy lord,Ó the cook said, ÒIÕd bow but IÕm cooking,Ó she said and Ulysses grinned at the elderly woman who often enough times acted like a mother figure or rather a grandmother figure. ÒXena this is Marina, the head cook, Marina this is Xena,Ó Ulysses introduced them. ÒYes, I heard you were the reason why I was cooking up a storm yesterday,Ó she said and Xena smiled at the woman. ÒItÕs nice to meet you,Ó Xena said and Marina sat the spoon down when she was finished stirring. ÒCome and let me have a look at you,Ó Marina said and Xena grinned as she looked at Ulysses who grinned back and watched as Xena walked over to Marina. ÒCome on, turnÉturn,Ó she said as she motioned with her fingers and Xena continued to grin as she turned around in a circle so that Marina could get a look at her.

ÒNot bad, not bad at all,Ó Marina said then looked into XenaÕs eyes, Òmuch better than those skinny, brainless things he use to run around with,Ó she told Xena who chuckled at the woman who reminded her a bit of her own mother. Ulysses cleared his throat and they turned and looked at him, ÒMarina youÕll be happy to know that Xena does well in the kitchen,Ó he said and Marina looked at Xena. ÒIs that so?Ó She asked and Xena grinned, Òmy mother owns an Inn and she insisted that I learned how to cook, so I did,Ó Xena said and Marina nodded as she placed her hand on her hip. ÒWell, youÕll just have to come and show me what you know and IÕll determine if you know how to cook,Ó she said and Xena grinned as she nodded, ÒI look forward to it.Ó Xena said, Òso can I take it IÕll be fixing the wedding cake,Ó Marina said and Xena grinned as she nodded and by then she was back by Ulysses.

ÒAnd when is this wedding?Ó Marina asked and Xena and Ulysses looked at each other, Òwe were thinking more of along the lines of a spring wedding,Ó Xena said and Marina nodded. ÒWell Marina we have to go,Ó Ulysses said as he opened the door, Òalways running Ulysses, you never slow down,Ó she said and Xena chuckled at that then looked at Ulysses who sort of had a pout. ÒOh, I like that you never slow down,Ó Xena said as she caressed his cheek. ÒYou guys stop by to see me again,Ó Marina said as she went back to tending her pot, Òwe will,Ó Ulysses said as they left then continued on their tour. Next he showed her the servant quarters, then the message room, he showed her all around the palace to where some of the noblemen stayed, where Camilla stayed and where his parents and Virgil stayed. ÒAnd this is my fatherÕs office,Ó Ulysses said as he stopped and pointed to the door and they kept on going, Òand where is your office?Ó

Xena asked, ÒI donÕt have an office,Ó he said and Xena raised an eyebrow at that but stayed quiet as they continued to walk, she figured if he wanted to tell her why he didnÕt have an office, he would and he did. ÒI never really wanted one, I guess in my mind it would make the work my father had me doing more real, more permanent and I just wasnÕt ready for that yet,Ó Ulysses said and Xena nodded. ÒSo where do you work?Ó She asked, Òsometimes in my fatherÕs office when he isnÕt there or for that matter, when he is, VirgilÕs chambers, my chambers, the counsel room,Ó he said then paused as they came to a corner, Òwhich is there,Ó he said as he pointed to his left down the hall. ÒFourth door on your right,Ó Ulysses said and Xena nodded. ÒIÕll show you some other things in the palace tomorrow, why donÕt we move outside of the palace,Ó he suggested and thatÕs what they did. Ulysses took Xena to the stables first, so that she could check on Argo and when she made sure the mare was more than fine, that she had been brushed, fed and given water then allowed to run around in a huge grass field with other horses.

ÒYou like it here girl?Ó Xena asked Argo as she fed her a piece of apple and Argo neighed as she bobbed her head up and down. ÒIt is beautiful here isnÕt it and you have company,Ó Xena said as she stroked ArgoÕs neck. ÒI told you sheÕd be well taken care of,Ó Ulysses said as he walked up behind Xena, wrapping his arms around her. ÒI know,Ó Xena said then grinned when Ulysses placed a kiss on her neck and she relaxed into his arm and let out a breath. ÒI hope itÕs like this forever,Ó Ulysses said after he let out a breath of content and Xena grinned and was about to say something when they were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. They both opened their eyes and turned their heads to see Camilla and a woman Xena didnÕt know but Ulysses knew all too well.

ÒCamilla, Victoria,Ó Ulysses said Ôoh so this is VictoriaÕ Xena thought to herself as she looked her over and Victoria did the same. ÒWhat are you guys doing out here?Ó Ulysses asked, Òwe were getting ready to go for a ride,Ó Camilla said, then looked at Xena. ÒIs she yours?Ó She asked Xena about Argo and Xena grinned at her, Òyea, she is,Ó Xena said as she rubbed ArgoÕs neck, who neighed as she pushed into Xena who smiled. ÒSheÕs a beautiful horse,Ó Victoria said and Xena looked at her and nodded, Òyes she is, she was a gift,Ó Xena said as she looked at Ulysses who grinned at her. ÒIÕm forgetting my manners,Ó he said, ÒXena this is Victoria, Victoria this is Xena,Ó Ulysses introduced them to one another and for a minute all they did was size each other up even more so. ÒItÕs nice to meet you,Ó Xena said as she looked at Victoria, who she had to admit was a beautiful woman.

ÒUmmphÉCamilla are you ready to go?Ó Victoria asked, acknowledging XenaÕs statement in her own way, or not acknowledging it the way she looked at her then turned her head and Xena understood it all too well as she grinned and she looked down. ÒYea,Ó Camilla answered as she spared a glance at Victoria before she looked back at her brother and Xena. ÒIÕll see you guys later,Ó Camilla said and Ulysses nodded then watched his sister and Victoria walk away. ÒI donÕt think she likes me,Ó Xena said to Ulysses who grinned at her. ÒReally? What gave you that clue?Ó He asked with sarcasm in his voice and Xena pushed him as she smiled. ÒTell me something Ulysses,Ó Xena said, Òhmmm?Ó He answered waiting for her to ask her question, ÒI know youÕve slept with hundreds of women but tell me, will I be running into any more of your past disgruntled lovers?Ó Xena asked with a grin on her face and mischief in her eyes.

Ulysses stood there with a very shocked look on his face, Òcat got your tongue?Ó Xena asked, her grin had now turned into a smile. ÒI canÕt believe you just said that,Ó he said with a smile on his face. ÒI did not sleep with hundreds of women,Ó he said and Xena raised her eyebrow at that, ÒI didnÕt,Ó he said and Xena just looked at him. ÒHow many then?Ó She asked and her hand was on her hip as she looked at Ulysses and he looked around and hunched his shoulders. ÒI donÕt know, not hundreds though,Ó he said and Xena chuckled at him. ÒUlysses my love, I know youÕve had your share of women, you donÕt have to hide the number from me,Ó she said as she ran her hand over his cheek and he just looked down into her eyes.

ÒI didnÕt keep track Xena but IÕd say over fifty but under a hundred,Ó Ulysses said and Xena looked deep into his eyes. ÒAnd how many have you really cared for?Ó Xena asked and Ulysses looked deeply into her eyes as he answered her, Òless than a handful but IÕve only truly loved one,Ó he said as he placed his hand on her cheek and Xena grinned as she looked into his eyes. ÒAnd who would this one be?Ó She asked and Ulysses grinned as he pulled her closer then surprised her as he picked her up in his arms and Xena laughed at him as she wrapped her arm around his neck. ÒYou and only you,Ó he said before he spun around in a circle and when he stopped they just stared into each otherÕs eyes before they leaned in for a kiss and this kiss was like all of the others, soft yet passionate.

Down at the next stable, Camilla and Victoria were preparing to get on their horses when they heard XenaÕs laughter and they turned their heads to see Ulysses holding Xena in his arms before he spun her around. They then watched as they leaned in for a kiss and after that, all Victoria could do was get onto the horse a ride far enough away, that she couldnÕt see or hear them and Camilla let out a breath and looked at her brother before she got onto her horse and rode off next to Victoria and they were silent for awhile as they rode. ÒWell the guy who painted the picture of her obviously painted what he saw,Ó Victoria said and Camilla nodded then looked over at her friend. ÒVictoria I say this because youÕre my best friend and I think you need to hear this,Ó Camilla said then let out a breath before she said what she had to say.

ÒMy brother has moved on, he is about to get married and the best thing for you to do is to let this go, let him go and move on with your life, find some who will love you the way you deserve to be loved.Ó Camilla said and Victoria let out a breath, Òdo you think we should ride over that way?Ó Victoria asked as if Camilla hadnÕt said what she just did, Òdid you hear me Victoria?Ó Camilla asked, Òyes I heard you,Ó Victoria said as their horses continued moving. ÒIÕve heard you, IÕve heard Ulysses, my mother and my father, IÕve heard everyone,Ó she shouted then let out a breath as she shook her head and looked out at all the open land before them. In VictoriaÕs mind it seemed as if no one really cared about her happiness, just about UlyssesÕ happiness, her parents were telling her to move on long before he came back to Ithaca with Xena.

She heard what everyone was telling her but she was listening to what her heart was telling her and what it was telling her was not to let go, not just yet. Through it all, she never felt alone because she had Camilla at her side comforting her but now she wasnÕt so sure, after all, her brotherÕs happiness was more important than her friendÕs happiness. ÒCamilla I understand your position,Ó Victoria said, Òwhat position?Ó Camilla asked, confused as to what she was talking about. ÒUlysses is your brother and naturally you want to see him happy, his happiness versus mineÉwell thatÕs not really a hard choice to make. Is it?Ó Victoria said and Camilla just looked at her for a minute. ÒYouÕre right, thatÕs not a hard choice to make but youÕre more than a friend to me Victoria, youÕre like the sister I never had and I care about your happiness just as much as I care about UlyssesÕ happiness.Ó

Camilla said and Victoria looked at her, Òwhy do you think IÕm telling you to let go? Because I can see that this isnÕt making you happy, if anything itÕs causing you a whole lot of pain and IÕm tired of seeing you in pain and you should be tired of being in pain.Ó Camilla said and Victoria nodded and let out a breath. ÒI am, I really am, no one said that being in love could hurt this much,Ó she said then looked at Camilla. ÒPlease try and understand Milla, IÕm trying to let go, I see how happy Ulysses is and that there is no place for me in his life but for the moment my heart is still telling me to hold on. I donÕt know why, it just is and IÕll continue to hold on until my heart can let go,Ó Victoria said and Camilla let out a breath. ÒVictoria, sometimes listening to your heart can get you into a lot more trouble than you know what to do with. Sometimes you have to determine which to listen to, either your head or your heart and in this case you should use your head.

Thinking rationally, you have to see that you holding on to Ulysses wonÕt do you any good, no matter what your heart says. Your head has to be telling you that this is not a good situation for you,Ó Camilla said and Victoria just sat there on the horse and by then they had stopped moving. ÒI know that this may not be making any sense to you but I just need you to be by my side and help me,Ó Victoria said and Camilla looked into her friendÕs eyes and wanted to say so much more but she knew Victoria wouldnÕt hear any of it. The only thing she was listening to was her heart and until she decided to listen to what her head was telling her, nothing could be done, all Camilla could do was be there by her friendÕs side and help her. ÒAlright Victoria, as I said, you are my best friend, my sister, so IÕll be here to help you,Ó Camilla said and Victoria grinned at her friend.

ÒWhy donÕt we go and take that ride,Ó Victoria said with a smile and Camilla grinned and they went for their ride. Xena and Ulysses left from the stables and for the rest of the day Ulysses continued to show Xena around and introduced her to people that he considered friends. They had lunch along the way, relaxing and enjoying each otherÕs company before they continued on their tour until dinner time came and they had dinner with UlyssesÕ parents, his sister, Virgil and his parents. ÒSo Xena, have you and Ulysses decided on a date for the wedding?Ó VirgilÕs mother, Clarisse asked and Xena grinned as she picked up her glass of wine. ÒWe have, weÕve decided on a spring wedding, a month after winter,Ó Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he chewed on some meat. ÒA great time for a wedding and an even greater time for a honeymoon,Ó he said and she pushed his arm as she grinned at him, Òwhat?Ó He asked as he hunched his shoulders and went back to eating.

ÒA lot like you,Ó Marguerite whispered to Julian who grinned then cleared his throat. ÒWell that gives us just enough time,Ó Julian said as he continued eating as well. ÒEnough time for what?Ó Ulysses asked with suspicion in his eyes and voice, ÒUlysses there areÉprocedures that you and Xena, mostly Xena, have to go through before you and she can be married.Ó Julian said, Òwhat kind of procedures?Ó Ulysses asked again, ÒUlysses must you be so suspicious about things?Ó Julian asked his son, Òwell if I am I get it from you,Ó he said. ÒYou donÕt get everything from me, maybe you got that from your mother,Ó Julian said and Marguerite looked at her husband then shook her head. ÒUlysses its nothing to worry about, your father and I had to go through the same things, itÕs just for records sake, none of its going to cause any pain or distress.Ó

Marguerite assured her son and Ulysses and Xena both nodded, Òwell thatÕs a relief,Ó Xena said as she went back to eating. ÒAnd for the record, that suspicious thing you have going on, you get from your father. I donÕt know what you get from me, youÕre just like a younger version of him,Ó Marguerite said and Xena grinned while Ulysses chuckled and Julian looked at his wife. ÒOhÉso now IÕm old,Ó Julian said and Marguerite grinned at her husband, Òof course dear but I see youÕre not denying the suspicion thing,Ó she said and Julian shook his hand at his wife. ÒLetÕs get back to me being old,Ó Julian said and everyone at the table just laughed. ÒJulian, my love, you are older than you used to be, as am I,Ó Marguerite said and Julian nodded as he picked up his glass.

ÒI obviously was old this morning when you and I were rolling aroundÉÓ Julian began but Marguerite quickly placed her hand over his mouth while Ulysses and Camilla turned their faces up at that. ÒEewwwÉdad,Ó Camilla said, Òthat was entirely too much information,Ó Ulysses said and Xena just grinned as she nodded. ÒJust proving a point,Ó Julian said, Òpoint proven,Ó Marguerite, Ulysses and Camilla said at the same time and they laughed at each other. ÒI donÕt know why you guys are grossed out about your mother and I having sex, it is how you got here after all,Ó Julian said. ÒYea, but we donÕt need to here about it,Ó Camilla said and Ulysses nodded. ÒIÕm beginning to loose my appetite, can we please change the subject?Ó Ulysses asked and Julian just shrugged his shoulders, not caring either way if the subject was changed or not.

When dinner was over, Xena and Ulysses headed back to UlyssesÕ chambers, Xena holding onto UlyssesÕ arm as they walked. ÒDid your mom ever talk like that around you?Ó Ulysses asked Xena who grinned as she shook her head, Òno, she and my father didnÕt really get along too well and then when she and Corrinna got together, they kept their relationship a secret because it would most likely be unwelcome in Amphipolis.Ó Xena said and Ulysses nodded, Òwell be grateful,Ó he said, Òcome on Ulysses, its not that bad,Ó she said then laughed at his expression. ÒNot that bad? My father was sitting at the dinner table talking about the sex he and my mother had this morning. How bad would you like it to get? Its just gross thinking about it, let alone hearing the things, the sexual things, my parents doÉitsÉuuhhhh,Ó he said as he shook his head and Xena couldnÕt stop herself from bursting with laughter at UlyssesÕ expressions, his words and his whole demeanor when he talked about the situation.

Ulysses smiled as he listened to XenaÕs laughter and he thought if that was all he heard for the rest of his life than he would be alright, and he knew with laughter like that than she would be alright too. ÒYou knowÉÓ Ulysses began as they continued walking towards his room, ÒweÕre about to be married and I still donÕt know much about your father,Ó Ulysses said as he looked at Xena and her smile turned into a small grin. ÒI donÕt like talking about him or what happened,Ó Xena said and Ulysses nodded. ÒI understand that, I just want you to know that IÕm here when you want to talk about it,Ó Ulysses said and Xena nodded and they were quiet on their way back to the room and when they were there Gemini greeted them. Once in the room they both got ready for bed and Xena sat on the bed and looked at Ulysses as he stood at his desk.

After a minute Xena stood and walked over to Ulysses, she stood behind him and softly ran her hands over his muscled back. She did that for a minute before she stepped closer to him, then leaned in and placed a kiss on his back then wrapped her arm around his shoulder as she placed her chin on his shoulder. ÒIÕm sorry,Ó she whispered, Òfor what?Ó Ulysses asked as he stood there and looked over a small map, Òfor not telling you about my fatherÉitÕs just a really touchy subject for me,Ó Xena said and Ulysses nodded. ÒI understand,Ó he said and they were silent for a minute more, ÒUlysses look at me,Ó Xena said and Ulysses turned around in XenaÕs arms with the small map still in his hands and he was looking down at it.

ÒWhat are you looking at?Ó She asked, ÒI was thinking we could sail somewhere around here for our honeymoon,Ó he said and Xena looked at him then chuckled as she took the map from him, placing it on the desk. ÒHey I was looking at that,Ó he said and Xena just looked into his eyes as she placed her arms on his shoulders while she softly ran her fingers through his hair. ÒWhat am I going to do with you?Ó She asked and he grinned as he looked into her eyes, Òanything you want,Ó he said and Xena grinned as they leaned in for a kiss. The kiss started off soft and then it progressed to a very passionate kiss. ÒMmmm,Ó Xena moaned as she pulled herself closer while the kiss deepened if that was possible.

ÒUmmm,Ó Ulysses moaned as the kiss was brought down to a passionate tasting of lips and as they tasted each otherÕs lips he began to pull the straps to her shift down and Xena pulled her arms out of the shift, letting it fall to the floor. ÒMmmm,Ó they both moaned as Ulysses ran his hands over XenaÕs soft, silky skin. When the kiss ended they looked into each otherÕs eyes as Ulysses continued to caress XenaÕs skin and she caressed his cheek. As they looked into each otherÕs eyes, their eyes said what they didnÕt have say with their mouths and Xena turned her head slightly and looked at the bed then back at Ulysses who looked at her. ÒGods you are so beautiful,Ó he said as he shook his head while reaching his hand out to caress her cheek. ÒI want you tonight,Ó Xena said and Ulysses just looked into her eyes as he answered her without hesitation, Òthen you shall have me,Ó he said.

ÒI know we discussed this earlier but of those women you had, how many did you have here in your room, in your bed?Ó Xena asked and Ulysses looked into her eyes, not really having to speak a number and she grinned at him as she caressed his chest. ÒItÕs alright, I kind of figuredÉÓ she said then stopped as she let out a breath and looked down. ÒYour past is your past but I donÕt want to start out future off with your past,Ó Xena said as she looked into his eyes, Òyou donÕt want to make love in my bed,Ó he said and Xena grinned at him. ÒI just donÕt want to start off our life, our marriage with your past lovers sort of keeping us company,Ó Xena said with a grin and Ulysses grinned at her and nodded. ÒUnderstood,Ó he said and before Xena could say anything else Ulysses leaned in and kissed her passionately as he wrapped his arm around her.

ÒMmmm,Ó Xena moaned as she ran her fingerÕs through his hair and she moaned again as he swooped her up into his arms and carried her over to the bed. He softly placed Xena in the bed, rid himself of his clothes then got into the bed, laying slightly on top of Xena and on the side. They laid there for a while just kissing and caressing each other and that eventually led to other things but they took their time as they explored each otherÕs bodies. An hour later, Ulysses was between XenaÕs legs thrusting deeply into her as they shared a passionate kiss. Their bodies were covered in sweat, the sheet clinging to their bodies. ÒHaÉunnnghh,Ó Xena moaned as she ran her hand over his neck then down to his chest and UlyssesÕ moans were smothered by XenaÕs flesh as he kissed, sucked and nibbled on her neck slowly moving his way down.

As he kissed her neck he caressed her thigh pulling her legs tighter around him. Xena ran her hand over UlyssesÕ arm and then his chest before she pulled him down for another kiss. ÒUnnnghÉunÉunnnÉunnnngh,Ó Ulysses moaned when the kiss ended. Ulysses continued to thrust deeper and harder into Xena as they looked into each otherÕs eyes, while his hands gripped the sheets. XenaÕs moans were now whimpers as she caressed his sweaty back, pulling him closer to him. ÒMmmmÉunnnnn,Ó Xena whimpered as she looked into UlyssesÕ eyes, Òdoes that feel good?Ó Ulysses moaned out then leaned down and kissed on XenaÕs neck, Òyea,Ó Xena moaned and her eyes and mouth opened wide and she felt so much pleasure run through her body.

ÒUlyssesÉohhÉunnnghhh Ulysses,Ó Xena moaned as her nails ran over his back leaving four faint scratches while her other hand pulled at the sheet. Twenty minutes later Ulysses thrust deep and hard one last time into Xena as the last of their tremors from their releases ran through their bodies, Òuuhhhh,Ó Ulysses moaned with his head tilted back. They were both breathing hard, Xena moaned from some of the after shocks ran through her body. Ulysses was still breathing hard as he looked down at Xena. He leaned down and inhaled her scent, still able to smell it through the smell of sex and sweat. ÒGods I love you,Ó Ulysses moaned before he placed a kiss on XenaÕs check and Xena just closed her eyes and hugged Ulysses, ÒI love you too,Ó she said. After a couple of minutes Ulysses rose up and let out a breath, Òthat was amazing,Ó he said and Xena grinned as she ran her hands over his chest.

ÒYes it was,Ó she said then rose up and placed a couple of kisses on his chest. Ulysses luxuriated in the feeling of her kisses as if they were touching his soul, he then leaned down and kissed Xena softly but passionately as they tasted each otherÕs lips, he softly gripped her hair, gently pulling him to her. When the kiss ended they brushed their lips against each other, ÒIÕll get us something to drink,Ó he said and Xena grinned and nodded, then leaned in and softly tasted UlyssesÕ lips once more before he got off of the bed and she grabbed the sheet, holding it up to her chest. ÒIÕm hungry too,Ó he said as he put his robe on and Xena grinned at him. ÒIÕll send for some fruit,Ó he said and Xena just watched as he moved around the room and to her, his every move was a precious step. Like he said he would do, he sent for some food, then poured he and Xena a glass of wine.

It didnÕt take long for the food to be brought to the room and Ulysses brought the tray to the bed where they ate. ÒI definitely worked up an appetite,Ó Ulysses said and Xena chuckled as she ate a strawberry. The night passed on fairly quickly but they made love once more that night before they went to bed. The sun wasnÕt even up when there was a knock at the door, a knock that turned into a constant knocking. Ulysses groaned as he raised his head and looked at the window where there was no sun shining through the curtains. He searched on his nightstand for something, knocking things down in the process, then let out a breath as he raised his head before he sat up and Xena moaned as she moved away some. The persistent knocking continued as Ulysses got out of bed, looking around the dark room for his pants or his robe and he found neither.

He grabbed one of the sheets from the bed that he and Xena hadnÕt been using then headed into the sitting room, Òshit,Ó he cursed as he ran into a small table on his way to the door. ÒAlright, alright already,Ó Ulysses said as he unlocked the door and opened it to find his mother, VirgilÕs mother and Sarah on the other side. ÒWhat in the name of Zeus are you doing knocking on the door so much and at this early hour?Ó Ulysses asked as he stuck his head out of the door, Òits two hours before sunrise, you should be up,Ó Marguerite said as she pushed her way into the room and Ulysses let out a breath as he closed the door behind them. ÒIÕm not up because its two hours before sunrise,Ó he said then let out a breath as he tightened the sheet around his waist. ÒDonÕt you have a robe?Ó Clarisse asked Ulysses who looked at her, ÒIÕm in my room, what does it matter if I have a robe or not?Ó He asked then let out a frustrated breath, Òwhat do you guys want?Ó

He asked in a sort of whinny voice and his mother looked at him, Òwe need to see Xena, is she up?Ó Marguerite asked and Ulysses looked at her, ÒhavenÕt you been listening? ItÕs too early for anyone to be up,Ó Ulysses said. ÒSheÕs in the bedroom I take it?Ó Clarisse asked and Ulysses just rolled his eyes and headed into the bedroom, turning up lanterns on his way there so he and the others could see. When they got to the room, Xena was in the bed semi asleep, with the sheet covering all her important part. ÒXena,Ó Ulysses called, Òhmmm?Ó Xena answered, Òmy mother wants to see you,Ó he said as he laid down in the bed on his stomach and Xena moaned as she pulled the sheet tighter to her body. ÒItÕs too early, itÕs not even light out,Ó Xena mumbled. ÒThatÕs what I said,Ó Ulysses said as he got comfortable, Òyou both ought to be use to it,Ó Marguerite said startling Xena into an upright position and she held the sheet to her chest.

ÒWhat in theÉÓ Xena began as she looked at the women in the room. ÒWe need to borrow you,Ó Clarisse said and Xena looked at her. ÒFor what?Ó She asked, ÒitÕs a woman thing that involves preparing for your marriage,Ó Sarah said and Xena looked at them then down at Ulysses who was dosing back off. ÒUlysses,Ó Xena called and he opened his eyes and looked at her. ÒThereÕs nothing I can do, sheÕs my mother,Ó he said and Xena let out a breath as she fell back on the bed. ÒCome on, get up and get dressed, we have a lot to do today,Ó Marguerite said and Xena let out a breath then pushed Ulysses. ÒYou get up too,Ó Xena said and Ulysses groaned, ÒXeÉIÕm tired,Ó he moaned, Òand IÕm not?Ó She asked and he let out a breath as he sat up in the bed then stood with the sheet still wrapped around his waist.

ÒCan you guys leave so I can put on my pants?Ó Ulysses asked, since he spotted his pants near by. ÒWe donÕt trust you guys not to fall back to sleep,Ó Clarisse said and Ulysses looked at them then let out a breath. ÒFine,Ó he said then let the sheet fall and grabbed his pants and put them on. Clarisse and Sarah averted their eyes, while Marguerite shook her head at her son and Xena grinned at Ulysses. ÒDoes decency mean anything to you?Ó His mother asked and Ulysses looked at her, Òdoes privacy mean anything to you?Ó He shot back and she looked at him with stern eyes and Xena took that moment to grab her robe and put it on before she headed to the bath chamber to relieve herself then get cleaned up before she headed back to the room and got dressed. ÒCan I at least have breakfast?Ó Xena asked Marguerite who looked over her body or more precisely, what she was wearing, which was a pair of leather pants and shirt.

ÒIs that all you have to wear?Ó Marguerite asked and Xena hunched her shoulders in a nonchalant way, ÒitÕs either this or a tunic and I feel comfortable in this,Ó she said and Marguerite nodded. ÒPut on the list Sarah that we need to have Denise come and see Xena,Ó Marguerite said and Sarah nodded as she pulled out a parchment and went over to the desk and used ink and quill to right down what Marguerite just said. ÒWhoÕs Denise?Ó Xena asked, ÒsheÕs a seamstress,Ó Ulysses said as he walked into the room and over to Xena, looking at what she was wearing. ÒWhat?Ó Xena asked him, noticing his intent stare, Òturn around,Ó he said and Xena looked at him for a moment then turned around and he looked down at her butt.

ÒThough I donÕt see anything wrong with what youÕre wearing,Ó he said and Xena grinned because she could hear the change in his voice that said he liked what he saw and he wanted what he saw. Xena turned around and looked at Ulysses who was too busy running his eyes over XenaÕs body and he didnÕt stop until he felt her eyes on him. They looked into each otherÕs eyes, both grinning and UlyssesÕ grin turned into a smile because Xena knew him so well. ÒExcuse me for a moment ladies,Ó Xena said and before they could say anything she closed the gap between she and Ulysses and ran her hands over his chest as she looked into his eyes before she leaned in and kissed him. ÒMmmmm,Ó Ulysses moaned as he placed his hands on XenaÕs back and pulled her closer as they passionately tasted each otherÕs lips. Marguerite and the otherÕs watched the scene before them, Marguerite watched as Xena placed her hand on UlyssesÕ cheek and she pushed more into him and tasted more of his lips.

Ulysses couldnÕt help his hands as they traveled down to her butt and he moaned as he squeezed the flesh and pulled her closer. ÒOh my,Ó Clarisse said as she saw Ulysses squeeze XenaÕs butt again and then the kiss was brought down until it was a soft tasting of lips. When the kiss ended they were both a little breathless, Ulysses more than Xena and she grinned at him as she looked into his eyes while caressing his cheek. ÒYouÕre an evil woman,Ó he said and Xena grinned at him then turned and looked at his mother. ÒBreakfast?Ó Xena asked, ÒthereÕll be breakfast where weÕre going,Ó Marguerite said. ÒAnd where exactly are you going?Ó Ulysses asked as he sat down on the bed, Òno where that concerns you,Ó Clarisse said and Ulysses looked at them. ÒFine, go do your woman thing but if I have to come and look for you guys, thereÕs going to be tartarus to pay,Ó he said and his mother look at him with a tolerant grin.

ÒUlysses you know youÕre not too old for me to put across me knee,Ó she said and Xena sniggered at that. ÒWhat I do?Ó He asked, Òyour father doesnÕt come looking for me at times like these, so youÕll do well to follow his example,Ó she said and Ulysses was about to say something when she held up her hand. ÒNot another word,Ó she said, ÒletÕs go,Ó she said to Xena then looked back at Ulysses who opened his mouth to say something. ÒI said, not another word,Ó his mother said before she turned and left the room with the others and Xena looked at Ulysses who was pouting and she grinned at him. ÒMy poor baby,Ó Xena said as she caressed his cheek. ÒI didnÕt do anything,Ó he said as he continued to pout and Xena smiled at him. ÒI know,Ó she said then leaned down and kissed him softly. ÒTry not to worry, IÕll be fine,Ó she said then leaned down and gave him another kiss.

ÒIÕll see you later,Ó Xena said and Ulysses nodded and rose up for another kiss and Xena smiled as she leaned in and kissed him softly one last time before she left the room and went with his mother. ÒWhere are we going?Ó Xena asked her soon to be mother-in-law, Òwell Xena, from this time until the time you are married, weÕre going to show you what this life is all about, the ups and the downs.Ó Marguerite said, Òthe good and bad places as well as things to do and not do,Ó Sarah said and Xena listened to them. ÒThe good men, bad men and men who are just dogs as well as the good women and bitches,Ó Clarisse said and Xena grinned at that. ÒSo basically youÕre going to show me the ins and outs of things,Ó Xena said and Marguerite nodded. ÒThink of it as more of an initiation process, to welcome you into the family and to the world of nobility, ruling a kingdom and helping to rule a kingdom,Ó she said and Xena nodded.

ÒWell, IÕm ready for whatever you guys are going to throw at me,Ó Xena said and Marguerite grinned as she looked at Clarisse who grinned at that. They didnÕt leave the palace but headed to part of the palace Ulysses hadnÕt shown Xena yet, Òthis is the nobleÕs wing, the nobles who have decided they donÕt want to live out side of the palace, live within it. Julian has a good heart, not many Kings would allow those below him to live with him,Ó Marguerite said and Xena nodded. ÒThey have certain rules and regulations they have to follow, weÕll get to that since there are a lot of rules you have to learn before you get married,Ó she said and Xena nodded as she listened to them. They walked a while down a long hall until they came to a door at the end, where of course guards stood there. ÒNow Xena I want to warn you before we go in here, its just women in here and quite a bit of them can be cut throat, nosey,Ó Marguerite said, Òand just plain old bitches,Ó Clarisse said and Xena grinned as she looked at her.

ÒYou like that word huh?Ó Xena asked, ÒIÕm just calling it for what it is, these women can be ruthless and theyÕll try to make you feel like you donÕt belong here,Ó Clarisse said. ÒOh will they try,Ó Marguerite kicked in, ÒtheyÕre going to try and put you in your place, donÕt let them belittle you. YouÕre just as good as them if not better, you would have to be for Ulysses to want to marry you,Ó Clarisse said and Xena grinned at her. ÒThanks and I can handle them,Ó she said, nodding towards the door and they looked at her for a minute before they nodded to the guard to open the door and they walked in. As they walked further into the room it looked like a huge harem, with pillows, furs and blankets lining the floor with a couple of small tables off to the side with chairs, candles were lit around the room as well as a fire place and there were women sitting everywhere.

ÒMarguerite, we werenÕt sure if you and Clarisse would be joining us this morning,Ó a blond woman said and they walked over to the table this woman was sitting at. ÒWere you missing us Marissa?Ó Marguerite asked as she sat down and Xena sat down next to her. ÒOf course,Ó Marissa said with a grin then looked at Xena. ÒSo, this is UlyssesÕ betrothed,Ó she said and by then many of the woman were listening in on their conversation. ÒXena correct?Ó Marissa asked and Xena nodded, ÒIÕm Marissa, my husband is Nathan,Ó she said and Xena nodded. ÒItÕs nice to meet you,Ó Xena said, Òlikewise,Ó Marissa said. From then on they sat there and some fruit and cheese were brought out to them and Xena listened to multiple conversations that was going on around the room, that special gift has been a part of her training, Athena always wanted Xena to be aware of all that was going on around her, especially what was being said and most importantly, what was being done.

When their breakfast was finished, thatÕs when things really started to kick off. ÒSo Xena, weÕre all dying to know, whatÕs Ulysses like in bed?Ó One of the younger women asked, Òif you donÕt mind me asking,Ó she said and Xena grinned at her. ÒStephanie, isnÕt it?Ó Xena asked and the woman nodded. ÒThatÕs interesting, I know Ulysses has been with his share of women but the fact that he hasnÕt been with many of you or any of you for that matter, poses some questions,Ó Xena said and they looked at her, not expecting that statement. ÒNo I donÕt mind at all, to answer your question, Ulysses is great in bed, he makes me feel things you wouldnÕt have thought possible for a man to make a woman feel,Ó she said and there were whispers around the room after that. Many didnÕt ask Xena more questions after that but she quietly sat there and watched and listened to them all, trying to see and come to a decision about what kind of person, people they were.

ÒMarguerite, a group of us are going out to the market, to browse a couple of stands and stores, would you, Xena and Clarisse like to tag along?Ó Marissa asked and Marguerite looked at Xena who hunched her shoulders, saying she didnÕt care either way, so Marguerite nodded. Forty-five minutes later they were leaving the room and then the palace. When they were outside, carriages waited for them as well as guards to escort them to the market. They got in and were on their way, once they were at the market, the guards set up a perimeter so that they could keep an eye on the women without really hounding their every step. Xena looked around and she was fascinated by the many and different things she saw. A couple of the woman dragged Xena way from Marguerite and Clarisse and they took her over to a stand that held jewelry.

Xena looked over to where they was an outside Inn, where people drinked and ate a little outside. Xena saw a group of women who looked like they were working girls and when she heard UlyssesÕ name cross their lips, she gently eased over to them until she was at a stall that was close enough so she could listen. ÒYouÕve heard Ulysses is getting married,Ó one woman said, Òyea and to a commoner,Ó another said. ÒJust think, if we would have played our cards right, that could have been one of us,Ó another said. ÒOh get off it Sam, that man doesnÕt want any of us and why should he, weÕre whores,Ó another said, she was hard, Xena could tell by looking into her eyes and it was obvious that she held no illusions as to what she was. ÒCourtesans, weÕre courtesans Angel,Ó a woman said and Angel rolled her eyes at that.

ÒCourtesans, whores, working girls, it all means the same, we sleep with men and women for money,Ó she said then picked up her cup and took a sip of its contents. ÒStill, it probably wonÕt work out between them, no one is willing to do some of the things we did with Ulysses,Ó Sam said and from that moment on Xena had to know what they were talking about, so she went over to their table. ÒExcuse me,Ó she said and they looked at her, Òyou looking for a good time sweetheart?Ó One of the women asked and Xena shook her head, Òfar from it,Ó she said then looked at all of them. ÒMy name is Xena,Ó she said and that was enough to say because it seemed that in the couple of days she was here, her name has spread like wild fire through the kingdom of Ithaca. ÒWell, well, this is UlyssesÕ little woman,Ó Angel said and Xena raised an eyebrow at that, Òlittle, I think not,Ó Xena said and Angel looked at her.

ÒHave a seat,Ó she said and Xena sat down at the table, ÒI over heard you speaking, when I was over there,Ó Xena said and Angel hunched her shoulders as she took a sip of her drink. ÒSo,Ó she said, Òso, I want to know those things you think no other woman would do with Ulysses,Ó Xena said and Angel grinned at her as she sat forward. ÒHe hasnÕt let you in to that part of himself yet,Ó Angel said with a grin, ÒdonÕt take offense to it, men often show sides to us that theyÕre afraid to show to their wives.Ó Angel said and Xena looked around for a minute before she looked at Angel with determination in her eyes and Angel chuckled at her. ÒYou donÕt have the guts to do some of the things we did,Ó Angel said, Òlet me determine that,Ó Xena said and Angel looked at her. ÒYouÕve got guts, IÕll tell you that,Ó she said then let out a breath.

ÒYouÕre UlyssesÕ woman so when youÕve been with him, heÕs been gentle with you, making love to you and never really taking you beyond the bedroom, or places where you knew you had privacy.Ó Angel said and Xena listened to her, Òso what?Ó Xena asked, Òso, men like Ulysses like adventure in that department,Ó Demi said. ÒCan you go up to Ulysses and have the nerve to start something with him in a place you know you could get caught?Ó Angel asked, Òcan you bare yourself to him and let him see into your soul, let him claim it and do what he will?Ó Angel asked and Xena looked around and Angel grabbed her chin so that they were looking eye to eye. ÒCan you let him fuck you? ThereÕs a difference you know, between making love and fucking,Ó Angel said then released XenaÕs chin as she continued to look into her eyes.

ÒWould you let him share you with another? Both there taking you and claiming you, until you actually feel like as slut,Ó Angel said. ÒUlysses would neverÉÓ Xena began and Angel grinned as she leaned back in the chair. ÒLike Sam said, most women arenÕt willing to do the things weÕve done with Ulysses,Ó Angel said and Xena looked at her then at all of them before she stood and left. Angel watched her walk away and looked over her body as she moved, ÒsheÕs beautiful,Ó Angel said then hunched her shoulders and they went back to their previous conversation before the one about Ulysses. Xena made her way back over to Marguerite and she grinned at them so that they wouldnÕt see that she had something on her mind, something that was bothering her. An hour later when they left the market and made it back to the palace, Xena excused herself then set out to find Ulysses.

Meanwhile, back at the palace, Ulysses took a shower then dressed in his normal clothes and headed to find his father, not surprised when he found him in his office. ÒDad,Ó Ulysses said as he sat down in the chair in front of his fatherÕs desk, ÒyouÕre whining Ulysses, whatÕs wrong?Ó Julian asked his son, not looking at him as he continued to look down at a scroll and Ulysses was use to talking to his father while he was working. ÒMom, Clarisse and Sarah kidnapped Xena,Ó Ulysses said and Julian looked up at his son then shook his head. ÒYou can be so dramatic some times and I know you didnÕt get that from me, maybe you got it from your grandmother,Ó Julian said as he looked back down at the scroll. ÒDad,Ó Ulysses whined once more and Julian let out a breath, ÒUlysses relax huh, IÕm sure your mother is going to bring Xena back safe and unharmed but more enlightened as to what sheÕs getting into.Ó

Julian said, Òwhat do you mean by that?Ó Ulysses asked and Julian let out a breath, Òanytime someone around this palace gets married, Marguerite and Clarisse disappear with a bunch of other women, doing only gods know what. But I think theyÕre preparing them for the life ahead of them, a life of attention, ruling, responsibility, nobility, respect and honor,Ó Julian said and Ulysses sat there and thought about that as his father went back to work and Ulysses continued to sit there thinking about things. ÔThose women gossip like crazyÕ Ulysses thought to himself, Ôwhat if Xena hears something about me, about me being with another woman?Õ Ulysses questioned to himself then let out a breath as he ran his hands over his face. ÒDad what were you like when you were my age?Ó Ulysses asked, ÒUlysses canÕt you see IÕm working here, ask me that later,Ó Julian said.

ÒDad, IÕm serious. WeÕre you anything like I am now? Were you wild and did you like to chase women?Ó Ulysses asked and Julian looked at his son, Òwhat man doesnÕt like to chase women?Ó Julian asked then let out a breath as he leaned back in his chair and looked at his son. ÒNo Ulysses, I wasnÕt like you are now or were,Ó Julian said. ÒYou seem to have this lust for life and an even greater lust for women,Ó Julian said and Ulysses hunched his shoulders. ÒYou said it yourself, what man doesnÕt lust and chase after women,Ó Ulysses said and Julian shook his head. ÒIts different when it comes to you, IÕve seen you night after night, you had a different woman or sometimes you didnÕt come home and I knew what you were doing.Ó Julian said and Ulysses looked down at his hands and his fingers twiddled amongst themselves.

ÒIÕm King Ulysses, I pride myself in knowing what goes on in my kingdom and in others. Do you honestly think I didnÕt know what went on with my own son?Ó Julian asked his son and Ulysses shook his head as he thought about a couple of things. ÒYou and Virgil were always a team,Ó Julian said and Ulysses looked up at that, surprised at those words. ÒYou shared everything, even women,Ó Julian said and Ulysses let out a breath as he stood. ÒTell me, have you sharedÉÓ Julian started to ask but Ulysses cut him off. ÒNo, Xena means too much to me and she is mine, no one else has had her and no one else will have her,Ó Ulysses said and Julian looked at his son, watching as Ulysses paced for a minute as he rubbed his temple. ÒThatÕs only making what you feel, what youÕre craving for, stronger,Ó Julian said and Ulysses let out a breath as he stopped moving.

ÒUlysses listen to me,Ó Julian said and Ulysses turned and looked at his father. ÒThereÕs a part of yourself that youÕve hidden from Xena, a part you donÕt want her to know yet but you canÕt go into a marriage like that.Ó Julian said and Ulysses let out a breath as he thought about that, ÒweÕre going to have to, IÕm not ready for her to know it yet,Ó Ulysses said then turned and headed for the door. ÒWhether youÕre ready or not, youÕve chosen her to be your partner for life, she has a right to know,Ó Julian said and Ulysses didnÕt turn around as his father spoke to him but when he was finished he didnÕt say anything and just left the office.

She was walking the halls when she ran into Virgil and she stopped him, ÒVirgil are you busy?Ó Xena asked, Ònot really,Ó he said as he looked at her. ÒWhy?Ó He asked and Xena let out a breath as she pulled Virgil into a nearby corner and he looked at her, wondering what the strange behavior was all about. ÒYouÕre my friend right?Ó She asked, Òyea,Ó he said as he looked at her, Òand youÕll tell me the truth when I ask you a question, no matter what the question or the answer?Ó Xena asked and Virgil looked at her, ÒXena what is going on?Ó He asked and she let out a breath, ÒI went to the market with your mother, UlyssesÕ mother and a bunch of other women,Ó Xena said. ÒAnd I ran into some women who had known Ulysses intimately and they said that there would be no one who would be able to do the things Ulysses did with them,Ó she said and Virgil cleared his throat as he looked around.

ÒI think this is something you should be talking to Ulysses about,Ó Virgil said and he was about to leave when Xena grabbed his arm and she looked into his eyes. ÒYou know what IÕm about to ask you,Ó she said and Virgil looked at her then looked down for a minute. ÒXena, Ulysses was a different man then,Ó Virgil said and Xena shook her head. ÒThat part of him is still there, I know because IÕve caught a glance of it but I donÕt understand why he hides it from me. I want to know him, all of him,Ó Xena said and Virgil shook his head, Òno you donÕt,Ó he said. ÒI do,Ó Xena said in returned and Virgil looked at her, ÒUlysses isÉÓ Virgil said as he searched for a word, ÒheÕs a complicated guy,Ó Virgil said after a minute. ÒBut you know him inside and out,Ó Xena said to Virgil, Òwhat do you want to hear Xena? That Ulysses and I shared women, because we did. We took them and took them until they were begging for more,Ó Virgil said and Xena looked into his eyes knowing that he was telling the truth.

Virgil all of a sudden placed his hands on XenaÕs cheeks as he looked into her eyes, ÒyouÕre a gentle woman Xena and you may have to face that fact that you canÕt handle that part of him, few can.Ó Virgil said and Xena just looked into his eyes, ÒyouÕre wrong, I am his other half, I can handle anything,Ó she said and Virgil nodded as he removed his hands and placed them on the wall in front of him, pushing Xena against the wall, until their bodies were pressed against each other. She cleared her throat and looked away from him, Òlook at me,Ó Virgil said and Xena looked him dead in his eyes. ÒIf Ulysses came to you tonight and said he wanted me to join him and take you, he wanted me to have you, take you and taste you. What would you say?Ó Virgil asked and Xena looked into his eyes and swallowed hard as she thought about it, Òif it was something he really wanted,Ó Xena said and Virgil nodded as he looked at Xena, still waiting for an answer.

ÒI could do it,Ó Xena said with determination in her eyes and Virgil looked into her eyes then surprised her as he leaned forward and claimed her lips in a passionate tasting of lips. Xena froze for a moment, this felt so wrong but then she thought it through, Virgil was probably testing her to see if she really meant what she said. So meaning what she said she returned the kiss and they shared a passionate tasting of lips, Xena running her fingers through VirgilÕs hair while he ran his hand up her side. ÒMmmm,Ó he moaned when the kiss ended then looked at Xena who was breathless, ÒweÕll see,Ó he said then walked away leaving Xena standing there in stunned silence. ÒUlysses is in the private room of the archives, the archives room is down the hall, make a left and the double doors in the middle,Ó Virgil said as he turned and looked at Xena and she looked at him and nodded. She stood there for a couple of minutes trying to gather herself and her thoughts before she headed to the archives.

She found her way there just fine but finding the private room in the archives was another thing. She looked around what looked like endless rows of scroll cases and shelves of the room. ÒMay I help you my lady?Ó A voice called and Xena turned around to see a medium height man with blond curly hair standing before her. ÒYes, whatÕs your name?Ó She asked, ÒTannis, my lady,Ó he said with a grin and Xena grinned back. ÒWell Tannis, IÕm Xena, itÕs nice to meet you,Ó she said as she held out her hand and his grin turned into a smile as he shook her head. ÒItÕs nice to meet you as well my lady,Ó he said. ÒPlease call me Xena,Ó she said and Tannis nodded, ÒIÕm looking for Ulysses,Ó Xena said, Òthe Prince is in the private archives,Ó he said then moved to the side. ÒJust down this aisle and to your right,Ó he said and Xena grinned at him.

ÒThank you,Ó she said and he nodded and watched Xena walk away before he went back to what he was doing. When Xena reached the room she tried to open the door but it was locked, so she knocked on it. A minute later Ulysses opened the door and he looked at her surprised to see her, Òhey,Ó he said and Xena grinned at him. ÒHey, yourself, I heard you where in here,Ó she said and he nodded as he let into the room and closed the door. ÒWhy did you lock the door?Ó Xena asked as she looked around, ÒI didnÕt, this is the private archives, only a few are allowed in here and you have to have a key because when the door closes it locks itself,Ó Ulysses said and Xena nodded then looked at Ulysses who looked at her. Xena walked over to Ulysses and he didnÕt even have time to think about anything as she leaned in and kissed him passionately, pushing him against the door. ÒMmmm,Ó he moaned as he ran his fingers through XenaÕs hair and returned the kiss.

A couple of minutes later when the kiss ended they were both breathless and Xena looked into UlyssesÕ eyes as she quickly began to undo his belt. ÒWhatÉwhat are you doing?Ó He asked as he looked at Xena, Òwhat does it look like IÕm doing?Ó She asked as she dropped his belt to the floor and unbuttoned his pants. ÒUmÉI know what youÕre doingÉbutÉbut we shouldnÕt be doing it here,Ó Ulysses stammered as Xena pulled his pants down and before he could say anything else she was on her knees and his member was in her mouth. ÒShit,Ó Ulysses said then hissed and looked down at Xena as she sucked him deep into her mouth and it took him less than a second to become fully erect. He looked around the room trying to reign in his passion, his lust and craving that was wriggling its way free. ÒXeÉawww,Ó Ulysses moaned then closed his eyes for a minute. ÒXenaÉweÉwe need to stop,Ó he stammered and Xena only sucked him deeper and harder. Ulysses bent over a little in pleasure, ÒssssÉshitÉUnnnn,Ó he moaned as he looked down at Xena who looked so beautiful as she sucked on his big, hard cock.

With that thought, every last bit of restraint he had was gone and he let Xena pleasure him. She could feel the change in him and she looked up at him as he moaned while he ran his fingers through her hair. Whatever fear Xena had was gone when she saw that he did want this even though he was trying to fight it. She stood and quickly rid herself of all her clothes and Ulysses stroked his cock while he watched her and that was after he had gotten totally naked himself. Xena had gotten back on her knees and took UlyssesÕ cock in her hand and began to suck on it again, ÒUhhhhÉyea,Ó Ulysses moaned as he moved some of XenaÕs hair to the side, watching her as she pleasured him. Ten minutes later Ulysses was still leaning against the door and he continued to moan as Xena sucked him deep and hard, while running her tongue over his huge muscle.

After a minute Ulysses held XenaÕs head still and he fucked her mouth hard and fast, Xena moaned as she held onto UlyssesÕ butt and tightened her mouth. ÒUnnnÉunnÉyour mouth feels so good,Ó Ulysses moaned as he looked down at Xena and she looked up at him, she looked into his eyes and could see the lust, passion, pleasure and excitement in his eyes at what she was doing to him. After a couple of minutes he pulled himself out of XenaÕs mouth and ran his head across her lips, some of his pre cum sliding out. Xena licked his head and moaned as she tasted his pre cum and she sucked on his head, seeing if she could get more while she stroked him. ÒYou like that huh?Ó He asked as he grinned and moaned while watching Xena who was trying to get more of what she wanted. She sucked him deep into her mouth, until she was gagging and Ulysses moaned loudly, ÒmmmmÉssssÉeasyÉeasy,Ó he said as he pulled her head back while stroking himself. Xena looked at his huge cock with hungry eyes and that ignited a huge fire within Ulysses.

ÒStand up,Ó he said and Xena stood and move close to him and they shared a passionate kiss, since they were both naked there was no barrier between her body and his. As they kissed Ulysses turned Xena around so that she was the one against the door. He ended the kiss and ran his hand over her body as he looked into her eyes. His hand went straight down to her center where he ran his fingers between her lips, ÒUnnnn,Ó Xena moaned as she looked at him. ÒSsssÉyouÕre so silky andÉummmÉ.youÕre so wet,Ó he moaned in her ear as he continued to stroke her while going down to her opening. He looked into her eyes and without warning pushed a finger into her and rubbed her walls, ÒUnnnghÉunnngh,Ó Xena moaned as she rubbed UlyssesÕ chest then they leaned in for another kiss.

When the kiss ended Ulysses pulled his finger out and brought it up to his mouth and sucked once on it before he brought it up to XenaÕs lips and looked into her eyes and he didnÕt have to say what he wanted because she could see it in his eyes. So Xena took his finger into her mouth and sucked on it, tasting her tangy yet sweet essence. Ulysses grinned as he watched Xena before he removed his finger then leaned in and kissed her, Ògood isnÕt it?Ó He asked when the kiss ended and Xena nodded as she ran her fingers through UlyssesÕ hair. When the kiss ended Xena placed her hands on UlyssesÕ shoulders, pushing him down and he grinned at he lowered kissed his way down until he was on his knees, his head leveled with XenaÕs stomach. He dipped his head down further between her legs and stuck his tongue out where he tasted the outside of her lips. ÒI just want to warn you that these walls are kind of thin in here, so I wouldnÕt be too loud if I were you,Ó he whispered to her and Xena nodded and pushed his head back down and Ulysses grinned as he went back to his delightful task.

ÒUmmmÉUnnngh,Ó Xena moaned as she licked her lips and ran her fingers through UlyssesÕ hair. Ulysses used two fingers to hold Xena open then dove in like she was a buffet. ÒMmmm,Ó He moaned as her juices ran down his chin while he sucked on XenaÕs clit and she was trying hard to be quiet but it was next to impossible with Ulysses doing the things he was doing with his tongue. He sucked all over and his moans of enjoyment sent vibrations through XenaÕs body, Òyou taste so good,Ó he said as he pulled back and ran his finger through her vulva before he leaned in and sucked on it. XenaÕs mouth opened wide as she grabbed UlyssesÕ head tightly, while her legs began to shake and he rubbed them as he continued to eat her out. By the time he was finished Xena was so wet, her essence was running down her thighs.

He stood between her legs and kissed her passionately as he squeezed one of her breasts. As they continued to kiss Ulysses grabbed both of XenaÕs thighs and the kiss ended as he without warning, drove his huge, erect member into her. Ulysses quickly placed his hand over XenaÕs mouth as she screamed into it while he pumped into her. He leaned in and kissed her cheek and chin and he fucked her hard, fast and good. Ulysses removed his hand and leaned in and kissed and sucked on XenaÕs neck. Her feet rested against his thighs and she held onto his butt that was flexing every time he thrust into her. ÒUnnnnÉunnnn,Ó Xena moaned, Ulysses had never really taken her this way and he was so big, he was stretching her more than he usually did and her cunt was already so sensitive from when he gave her the tongue lashing of her life.

Sweat began to cover UlyssesÕ body as he thrust deep and hard into her, ÒyouÕre getting loud,Ó he whispered to her as he looked into her eyes before he leaned in and kissed her passionately. ÒIÉI canÕt help it,Ó she moaned as she looked into his eyes and Ulysses grinned as he leaned in and kissed Xena again, if she thought she was feeling great pleasure he hadnÕt shown her anything yet. Ulysses placed his hands against the wall and stooped down some before he came back up hard and fast, pushing further into Xena. Her face turned up as though she were in pain but he knew better, Òyou want me stop?Ó He asked her and Xena shook her head then let out a very loud moan she had been holding in. Ulysses placed his hand back over XenaÕs mouth to smother her moans and cries of pleasure and he just moaned into her ear, ÒuunnnnghÉunnnÉoh yeah,Ó he moaned then moaned again when he felt XenaÕs renewed wetness.

In the back of his mind Ulysses realized what was going on, he realized that he had lost control of what he was trying to keep hidden from Xena until he felt that she was ready for it. She had surprised him when she came in and did what she did and he tried to keep a control on his passions but at that moment it just wasnÕt possible but now that he realized what was going on, he knew they couldnÕt go any further, any deeper into this part of his life until they were both ready. So he continued to kiss Xena passionately and thrust into her until ten minutes later when he came hard into her and she grasped at his back as she fell behind him. They stayed in their positions as they tried to catch their breaths and when Ulysses had caught his breath some he pulled back and looked at Xena who looked at him for a moment before she looked down, not sure what to make of what just happened.

Ulysses let out a breath and pulled out of Xena and stepped back and looked at her for a moment before he looked around the room for his clothes and began putting them on and Xena did the same. When they were dressed Ulysses opened the door to let some fresh air in then turned and looked at Xena who was silent as she looked out into space. ÒXena,Ó he called and she snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Ulysses who looked back at her with worry in his eyes. ÒAre you okay?Ó He asked and Xena grinned and nodded, ÒyeaÉyea IÕm okay,Ó she said and Ulysses looked at her and nodded. ÒI should be meeting back up with your mother,Ó she said as she walked towards the door. ÒWait,Ó Ulysses called and Xena turned and looked at him, Òdid you want something or was that all you came to see me for? Not that IÕm complaining,Ó Ulysses said with a grin, trying to bring some humor into the situation and Xena grinned back.

ÒI came to ask you something but IÕve already gotten my answer,Ó she said. ÒIÕll see you later, I think IÕm having dinner with your mother and Clarisse,Ó she said then turned and the room and Ulysses stood there for a minute then ran after Xena. ÒXena,Ó he called and she stopped and looked at him just as she was about to walk out of the door. ÒWhat was the question? What did you want to know?Ó Ulysses asked and Xena looked into his eyes, hesitant about whether or not she should say anything. ÒTell me,Ó he said as he walked up to her and they looked into each otherÕs eyes. ÒI wanted to know if I knew all of you,Ó she said then reached her hand out and caressed his cheek and grinned a sad grin. ÒAnd I donÕt,Ó she said, Òyou do,Ó he said as he grabbed her hand on his cheek, keeping it there. ÒNo, I donÕt and what we just did, proved it,Ó Xena said then lowered her hand and turned around to walk away but Ulysses grabbed her arms and walked up behind her.

ÒIÕm sorry,Ó he whispered to her and Xena turned around and looked at him. ÒWeÕll talk about it after dinner, right now I just need some time to think,Ó Xena said and they looked at each other for a moment longer before she left and he stood there, not sure what he should do because he knew this was a problem he had created and now he had to find a way to fix it.

Continued In

Chapter Twelve: The Road Less Traveled

but that doesnÕt mean it shouldnÕt be taken

Let me know what you think.

Negative and positive feedback is welcomed, it is encouraged.

asimpson86@yahoo.com

Return to the Academy