Disclaimer:
These characters are mine and all a product of my imagination. Any physical resemblances to two actresses we all know are pure coincidence. ;-)

It's just a short moment between two lovely ladies.

 

 

For the First Time

by

Alison Grey

 

 


God, she's gorgeous. Long, raven-black hair, captivating blue eyes that sparkle when she's excited, and a body to die for.

We met about seven months ago. I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was sitting in the third railcar of line 2431. Like every morning, the regional train brought me from my hometown to work in forty-three minutes. My gaze was just roaming over the other passengers when I saw her. Her hair was in a ponytail, and she wore simple silver glasses on her beautiful, straight nose.

She remained focused on the laptop in front of her, while her fingers tapped on the compact keyboard. Click, click, click. With her gray business suit and the top button of her white blouse undone, she seemed born to turn heads.

I couldn't look away, totally captivated by her presence. When she glanced in my direction, I pretended to find my shoes very interesting. How creative.

Anyway, since that day, we've been in the same railcar every morning from Monday till Friday. Well, except for two weeks in August. I guess she was on vacation. But I digress.

Although we share the same railcar every day and sit together for thirty-nine minutes, we've never talked to each other in all that time. I think she recognizes me, though. I'm sure because she always smiles when she gets on the train and when I get off. A couple of times, we were even sitting across from each other. But, totally out of character for me, I never dared to talk to her.

Today she sits down across from me again. It's incredible how a brief smile can make me so nervous and excited. Right now she puts her notebook on her lap like every morning. She opens it and … What is she doing now? She closes it again. What the ??

“ Hi, I'm Kendra.”

Oh my God, she's talking to me!

“ Uh … hi. I'm Mel, uh … I mean Melissa, but my friends call me Mel, so … usually everybody. Not that everybody's my friend, but ?” Dammit, I'm babbling. My cheeks burn. Maybe if I smile now, I can rescue the situation.

Oh, her hand. I take it and … whoosh! Lightning runs through my body. Incredible. That's never happened to me before. Never.

She lets go of my hand and gives me a puzzled smile. Probably because of my stupid introduction. Her gaze is still on me.

Maybe I should say something. “So, Kendra. You have a pretty long commute too?” What a stupid question. Of course, she has a long commute.

“ Actually, yes. Seems we have that in common.”

I smile. What else should I do?

Today she's wearing a skirt. A knee-length one. It's black and perfectly complements her burgundy blouse. As usual, her top button is undone. And how her brea ?

Oh God, I'm staring at her breasts while she's looking at me. I have to say something. Anything. Now. And her beautiful face is definitely higher than that. “What do you do for a living?” I ask. Is she grinning at me? I bet she caught me ogling her. I feel a blush creeping up my neck. Could the situation become any more embarrassing for me?

“ I'm a CD in a full-service agency.”

What the hell is a CD? Is she working in the music business? And what is a full-service agency? I hesitate to ask, afraid to appear stupid.

“ And you, Mel?”

She called me Mel. And her voice is so damn sexy. I hope my smile isn't too bright. “I'm with the police department.”

Her eyebrows shoot up. “You're a police officer?”

“ I'm a detective.”

“That must be a demanding job .”

I nod. “ Kendra?”

“ Yes?”

“ What's a CD?”

Now she's smiling. How cute that looks. “I'm a creative director. I'm responsible for commercials on TV and for complete advertising campaigns. I try to get customers to buy candy or elect politicians.”

“ So you also do public relations?”

Kendra shrugs. “Sometimes .” She leans forward. “ What exactly does a detective do?”

We talk the whole time, till I have to get off the train.

“I t was a pleasure to meet you,” I say as I get up. “ See you tomorrow?”

“ You bet.”

For a moment I can't move. Her smile enchants me. But then I remember that I really have to go. One last wave and I leave with a smile of my own. I can't wait for tomorrow.

 

The End

 

 

In case you want to let me know how and if you liked my story, please write to alison-grey@web.de

 

To see what's new, please stop by and visit me at www.alison-grey.com

 

Return to the Academy