To Live Remastered

by

Am21Cards

(E-Mail: Am21Cards@yahoo.com)

Go to Part 1


Chapter #2 - Location, Location, Location.

 

Greece -

As Morrigan and Nebula were escorting a number of civilians across the boarder of Greece eastward, Ares appeared.

"What do you want Ares?" Asked Morrigan.

"The three of us are going to take a little trip." Ares stated.

"We're not going anywhere with you." Nebula replied.

"Besides, where would ya be takin' us? Back to the temple? Look, just let these people go, they've done nothing wrong." Said Morrigan.

"My concern isn't with any of them. Just the two of you. You're both going home." Ares said, as he snapped his fingers, and he, Nebula, and Morrigan disappeared. This left the stunned civilians to cross the border on their own.

Northern Place - Unknown -

Slowly coming to, the first thing Xena felt was cold. Opening her eyes carefully, Xena shut them quickly at the day's brightness. She heard Eli groan not far from her. Opening her eyes again, she quickly surveyed her surroundings.

Xena found snow, and lots of it.

Making sure Eli was all right, the pair quickly went in search of warmth, shelter, and Gabrielle.

Eire Border -

Morrigan awoke with a pounding headache. Recognizing her homeland, she realized Nebula was nowhere to be seen.

Morrigan glared at the sky, hoping Ares would see it. She figured Nebula got sent back to Egypt.

The problem was, Morrigan remembered everything; who she fought along side with (Hercules, Nebula, Jason, etc.), how she got to Erie (because of Ares), who they were trying to save (Iolaus, and all of mankind), but she couldn't remember the name of the enemy that killed Iolaus..

In the distance, she spotted someone lying on the ground.

Summaria -

Nebula had awoken much the same way Morrigan had. She eventually returned to her palace; the majority of it in ruins thanks to (what was the enemy's name again?) and his army. Still, some of it was salvageable, and while those who were still loyal to her remained and helped her, Nebula wondered if she could ever restore her kingdom.

Like Morrigan, Nebula too remembered everything, but the enemy's name. For as much as she wanted to settle down, she knew she couldn't.

She had to get back to Greece , She had to help Hercules.

Greece -

Hercules was frustrated once again. He managed to find tons of candles, and for the time being, they kept the sapphire beam in place, and therefore Dahak at bay. He knew it wasn't a permanent solution.

But for now it would have to do.

He hoped Nebula and Morrigan were doing okay getting the townspeople away from here. Hercules primarily tried to stay out of the temple itself unless he had to.

Hercules wasn't about to be another pawn in Dahak's mind games.

Eire -

Coming upon the woman who laid on the ground, Morrigan approached carefully.

"Hey, are you alright there?" Morrigan asked.

The blonde woman groaned, and slowly opened her eyes. "Who are you? Wh-where am I?" She asked groggy; as she started to get up slowly and take in her surroundings.

"My name is Morrigan. Welcome to the shores of Eire. What happened to you?" She said, as she and Gabrielle grasped forearms in greeting.

"I'm Gabrielle.My friends and I, our ship got destroyed in the storm.Have you seen my friends?"

Morrigan shook her head. "No, I haven't, I'm sorry." Gabrielle frowned. "I have to look for them, I hope they're okay. We were on our way to Greece."

"I was just there, but suddenly ended up back here - I'm not sure why. But I have to get back." Morrigan said, trying to restrain the concern in her voice.

Gabrielle noticed her restraint. "What's wrong?"

"I've got to get back; helping some friends fight this.for lack of a better term, monster. I understand if ya don't believe me.monsters an' all."

"Don't worry. I know all too well that monsters definitely exist."
Gabrielle willed away the slight shudder that quickly, almost phantom-like coursed through her body. She hoped Morrigan wouldn't notice her own brief change in demeanor. "I'll help you." Morrigan did notice, but something told her to let it go.

"Thank you." Morrigan replied as they started their journey to Greece.

"So what kind of monster are we up against?"

Greece -

Hercules stared out at the water, continuously contemplating what to do next.

"Hey little brother. Walk with me, talk with me." Said Ares as he strode up next to his half brother.

"Not now Ares. I'm busy. What are you doing here anyway? I'd think you would want to be as far away from here as possible." Replied Hercules.

"Well for once, you're right. I don't want to be here, but.then again.my life depends on it too, so yeah. I want to help."

Hercules did nothing to hide his reaction, as he scoffed. "Sure you do Ares. You really want to help don't you? You've always thought about yourself and no one else. No one else matters to you, except you. You want to help Ares? You really want to help? Then leave. Dahak wants you dead. If he kills you, we will all be destroyed."

Hercules began to walk away, but stopped. "That includes you Ares. You can choose to believe me now; or later.But either way, you too will be destroyed."

' In more ways than one .' Ares thinks to himself.

"Well Hercules, what about this: What if , I go and get Xena to-"

" NO !" Hercules reacted furiously. "I will NOT drag Xena or Gabrielle under any circumstances into this! Are we clear?"

"But I just thought-"

"You thought wrong , Ares. They aren't involved in this and I will be damned if lose them too. I will not have Dahak touch their lives any more than he already has by the fact that he took Iolaus away from all of us."

"If they're such good friends of yours and Iolaus', then don't they have a right to know he's dead? Don't you see Hercules? Dahak's already apart of their lives because Iolaus is dead.

Hercules was about to reply quickly, but Ares words made him stop and think. He sent a hard glare Ares' way. "He will not be apart of their lives until after the fact, got it? Yes, they do have a right to know about Iolaus. But I will be the one to tell them when the time comes. First, I have to rid the world of Dahak, and then I will break the news to them."

"But-"
"Ares, he took Iolaus away from me, I will not let him take away Xena or Gabrielle!"

"But-" Starts Ares again.

"ARES I SAID NO!" Hercules shouted, and quickly stormed off toward the temple.

Ares watched Hercules' retreating form. ' Oh little brother.you have no idea just how involved Gabrielle really is in all of this.Perfect .'

"Well that went well" Ares said aloud with a sly grin.

Northern Place - Unknown

Finding no signs of Gabrielle, Xena and Eli hoped she was all right. They made their way South, and found that they happened upon the lands of the Norseland. However, the Norse Gods, such as Thor, died by an evil whose name no one knew.

Xena had a feeling; and it wasn't good. She knew never to doubt her instincts, but.it couldn't be possible. She was dead, there was no way she could be back. Shaking it out her mind; knowing it could have been her mind playing tricks, Xena and Eli continued onward toward another seaport.

This time they both hoped they would get to where they wanted to go, and find their missing friend along the way.

East of Eire -

As Gabrielle and Morrigan headed East, Morrigan was very vague about the monster she and her friends were fighting. She didn't mention Hercules or Iolaus either, but could not pinpoint why. Morrigan told Gabrielle only of their general direction; for some reason also feeling the need to withhold exactly where they were.

Morrigan couldn't figure out why she felt this way; about everything, but figured there was a reason to it. She chalked it up to having to do with justice; Morrigan wasn't sure she liked whatever this form of "justice" turned out to be though.

The pair was having a nice conversation. Gabrielle told Morrigan about some of her travels with Xena, and their new friend Eli; and Morrigan told stories about her daughter Bridgette.

As the two women were ascending a hill, Gabrielle fell back a few paces as she stopped to adjust some of the supplies she had gathered for their travels, and to retie her boots.

Morrigan said she'd wait for her at the top of the hill so they could share the weight on the descent. Gabrielle had insisted she be the one to initially carry everything.

Morrigan had only heard stories of this view, never hearing how it came about. It was indeed beautiful. But that was a story for another day. She heard a small gasp and a quiet "No." come from behind her.

As Morrigan turned around, any and all color had drained completely from Gabrielle's face. She willed her eyes not to fill with tears, her voice to not catch in her throat, and her body not to shake.

"Gabrielle, what's wrong? You look like you've just seen a ghost." Morrigan said in deep concern.

"We can't be here.' Gabrielle said. Morrigan looked slightly confused. "Well, we're here. What's gotten into you?" Gabrielle only started to shake her head, her eyes still wide with fear.

Morrigan looked back behind her, then back to Gabrielle. "Are you scared of the structure? That's just Stonehenge. It's a real mystery how it got here, but it's nothing to worry about."

Gabrielle began to shake. "We-we can't be here." She started to back up, her eyes never leaving Stonehenge.

"What's gotten you so scared?" Morrigan asks again.

She gently grabbed her by the shoulders to prevent her from falling backwards down the hill.

Morrigan barely heard her reply.

"It's Britannia.This is where it started."

To Be Continued.

Back to the Academy