PROVENANCE III

By Cruise

Disclaimers: Are the same as the other parts.

Special Thanks: To all of the fans who faithfully follow the stories and to all of the webmasters for their hard work and support. You are all greatly appreciated!

Rayne rushed into the house and tossed her keys on the table near the door. She removed her helmet and hurried to the kitchen table. She scattered the papers on the table frantically searching for Lark's card. "Where in the hell did I put it?" She questioned and looked around the house hoping it might jog her memory. "Aah, my jacket." She thought out loud and headed down the hallway towards her room. She opened the closet door and moved her clothes in search of the said jacket. She quickly fished through the pockets for the card, which she couldn't find but she did find Lark's scarf that she lent her the day they first met. Rayne pulled out the scarf and held it. She smiled when she remembered how Lark eagerly offered the scarf to her that day. Her heart fluttered when she thought of how tender Lark's touch was against her arm that day. "Coffee table." She replied when it hit her where she left the card, snapping her out of her revere.

Rayne hurried back down the hall to the living room and pushed the numerous remote controls around to find the card. "There you are." She chuckled, happy to finally find the card. She grabbed the phone and dialed the first number on the card with no answer. She tried the next one with the same result. "Damn! Alright, I'll try her agency. Who in the hell am I talking to?" She laughed and dialed the number into the phone, shaking her head in disbelief that she was talking out loud to an empty house.

"CU agency, how can I help you?" The pleasant voice on the other end greeted.

"Hi, aah I'm trying to contact Lark Morgan, can you tell me where I can find her?" Rayne stammered, perturbed that she couldn't reach Lark.

"I'm sorry, I can't give that information out, but I can take a message and pass it along to her agent." The woman cordially informed Rayne.

"No, I don't need you to pass along the message, I need to see Lark right away." Rayne corrected agitated by the woman not giving out the information.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm not privileged to give out that information. The only person that can is her agent." The woman attempted to explain.

"Look, this is Secret Service Agent Rayne Donovan. I need to know where to find Lark Morgan, do you understand?" She angrily asked and urged the woman to give her the appropriate information.

"I'm sorry Secret Service Agent Rayne Donovan, but I cannot give out that information as I have no proof of who you are. If you'd like to leave your number I can contact her agent and …" The woman stopped when she heard the dial tone of the phone. "Well, that was rude." She replied and slammed the phone down, perturbed by the gruff woman on the other line.

"Damn it!" Rayne shouted after clicking the phone off and tossing it on the couch. She grabbed her helmet and looked at the card, noting the address on the card. "I'll just have to prove who I am in person and make them see it my way!" She arrogantly thought and looked at the scarf. She moved to put the scarf down and pulled it back. "No, this will be a good excuse to see her. Then it won't seem like I'm so desperate." She thought and chuckled as she quickly exited the villa.

She sped her motorcycle through traffic and squealed her tires when she stopped in front of the agency. She entered and moved towards the counter. She reached into her coat pocket and pulled her badge out. She flipped it open and displayed it to the woman before her. "I'm Secret Service Agent Rayne Donovan and I need to know where I can find Lark Morgan."

The woman looked at the badge and peered up sheepishly. "I tried to contact her agent, but the cell phones are off. Is Miss. Morgan alright? Is she in trouble?" The woman worriedly asked.

"No, I just need to speak with her. Can you give me the information please?" Rayne asked with a smile hoping the woman would give her what she wanted. The ride over gave her a chance to calm down and realize that the woman was only doing her job.

"Yes, here is the address that you can reach her at. I'm really sorry about not giving you the information before, but it's just that we have to protect our clients and we get so many people who contact us…" She attempted to explain.

"There's no need to explain, I completely understand and I'm sorry for being so rude to you earlier. Thanks for the information and you're doing a great job." Rayne smiled and took the paper with the address on it before running out the door. She put her helmet on and jumped onto her motorcycle, quickly revving the engine. She sped out of the parking lot heading off to find Lark.

Lark sat silently, lost in her reflective thoughts as the make-up artist touched up her face. "Earth to Lark." Elaine laughed and looked at Lark who finally made eye contact.

"Very funny." Lark answered with a smirk and glanced over at her.

"What's going on in that mischievous mind of yours?" Elaine inquired intrigued by the look on Lark's face.

"Oh, I was just thinking about Rayne. Do you really think I should back off?" She asked still worried that she might be pushing too hard.

"Well, so far you're up front, aggressive approach hasn't worked so, try playing hard to get and see what happens." Elaine suggested with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Maybe you're right." Lark agreed and smiled when the make-up artist was finished.

"Okay, Lark we're ready for you again." The photographer shouted and waved her over.

"Be right there!" She shouted and smiled, then looked at Elaine. "You do know that if she were to walk in here right now I wouldn't play hard to get at all?" She asked with a laugh.

"Yes, I know!" Elaine chuckled and walked beside her. "One of these days you're going to have to tell me how you are able to walk upright seeing as how you are so spineless Lark." She laughed with Lark joining in. She watched as Lark approached her mark, waiting for her instructions.

Elaine walked over and sat in a chair watching the photo shoot. She looked down to check the time on her phone. 'Shit! I forgot to turn the damn thing on.' She turned the phone on noting she had messages waiting for her. She pushed the button to listen to them and placed the phone to her ear. She glanced at the door and was shocked to see Rayne standing there. She pushed the button to stop the messages and walked towards Rayne. "Hello." She greeted with a smile. "How did you get past the guards?" Elaine asked, surprised that she was there.

"Hi, well, they normally allow the Secret Service in anywhere." Rayne chuckled sheepishly. "Aah is it possible for me to speak with Lark?" Rayne asked and looked over the shorter woman to catch a glimpse of Lark.

"Uhmmm, sure but we'll have to wait until she's finished with the photo shoot okay? I'll take you to her dressing room and you can wait for her there, she's almost finished." Elaine suggested and motioned with her hand towards the hallway.

"Can I stay and watch?" Rayne asked, surprised that Elaine was trying to make her leave.

"It would be better for Lark if you waited in the dressing room. I don't want her being distracted and I know if you are in the studio that's exactly what will happen." She explained with a sly grin and winked, gently urging Rayne down the hall. "You can wait in here for her." Elaine informed her and held the door open for her.

"Okay, thanks. Can I ask you something?" Rayne inquired and turned to look at Elaine once she entered the room.

"Sure." She answered, moving in front of Rayne.

"Is there anything romantic going on between you and Lark?" She felt a pang of jealousy that something might be between them and hoped they had a professional relationship only.

Elaine snickered and covered her mouth at the hilarity of the question. She saw that Rayne didn't appreciate her laughing, "Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that the question struck me as being very funny. No, there is nothing-romantic going on between Lark and I. We are very good friends and have been since childhood and that's all we will ever be. She's like a sister to me." Elaine explained with a warm smile and saw the relief in Rayne's eyes.

"Great, thanks. I aah, just wanted to clear that up. I know that Lark said you were her agent, but she wasn't completely clear on whether you two had been together or not." Rayne attempted to explain and stopped as the awkwardness of the situation made her feel uncomfortable.

"No, there is nothing but friendship between us. She'll be in shortly." She smiled and reached to close the door. She stopped and looked back at her, "Listen, I've never seen Lark so interested in someone like she is with you. I know she'd be really upset if she knows I told you that, but I would really hate to see her get hurt. So, please keep that in mind." Elaine gently urged, staring her directly in the eye to emphasize her point.

"I will, I promise." Rayne smiled warmly and looked back at the woman, letting her know of her seriousness. Elaine smiled and closed the door behind her. Rayne looked around the room and checked out her surroundings. "Hmmm, she's very interested huh? Like I didn't already know that, but it's nice to hear it from someone else." She thought with a sly grin and felt her heart quicken at the thought. She picked up Lark's shirt and raised it to her face. She smelled the fabric and smiled when she caught the scent so familiar to her when she was near Lark. She quickly placed the shirt back on the chair when she heard Lark's voice outside of the door and turned just as she entered the room. Lark was stunned to find Rayne standing there, seeing as how Elaine didn't mention it, and was speechless. They looked at each other and Rayne finally broke the silence. "Hi, aah I just stopped by to give you your scarf back." Rayne's heartbeat quickened when she held the scarf out for Lark.

"Oh, aah yeah. Thanks, I had forgotten about it." Lark stammered out of her silent state and reached for the scarf, lightly grasping Rayne's hand as well.

Rayne's heart fluttered and she stared into Lark's emerald green eyes, mesmerized by the beauty and warmth she found in them. She had forgotten why she was there and what she wanted to say. She only knew that Lark's contact felt wonderful and the attraction to her was undeniable. Lark stared into a sea of sparkling blue and didn't want to lose the connection. She wanted to take the woman into her arms and passionately kiss her to let her know how she felt about her. She moved closer to Rayne, hoping that would happen. "Well, aah I've got to get going. Uhmmm, thanks for letting me use the scarf." Rayne nervously retorted and walked past Lark towards the door. Her heart pounded like a thundering herd of wild mustangs and she was too nervous to ask her out. She reached for the door and stopped when she heard Lark's angelic voice.

"Thank you for bringing it by, I really appreciate it." Lark smiled, disappointed that she was looking at Rayne's back and that she would be thwarted in her attempt of a date again.

Her voice had a calming affect on Rayne and her heart steadied to a normal beat. She inhaled and exhaled, finally regaining her composure as she turned to face Lark. "Lark, I aah…" she nervously stammered with her body temperature rising and looked down, "I want to take you up on the offer of a date," she continued and slowly looked up at Lark waiting for her answer.

'Yes, finally!' Lark excitedly thought and smiled happily. "Fantastic! How about tonight?" She eagerly asked. She didn't want to wait too long, as she feared Rayne would change her mind and back out of the date.

"Sure, what time?" She asked and moved closer to Lark.

"Oh, aah how about seven?" Lark suggested questioningly.

"That's sounds fine. I need to know where you live to pick you up." Rayne agreed and inquired.

"How about if I pick you up seeing as how I asked you out on the date?" Lark asked and smiled flirtatiously.

Rayne blushed and chuckled, "Okay sure." She laughed and was flustered, as this was new to her. She was normally the one doing the asking. "So, what should I wear? Formal or casual?" Rayne questioned.

"Wow, aah I think casual should be fine." Lark informed her with a smile caught off guard by the question. She was still flabbergasted by the fact that she had actually accepted her offer.

"Okay, well you know where I live. I'll be ready and see I'll you at seven then." Rayne confirmed with a smile and turned towards the door.

"Great, I'm looking forward to it." Lark grinned, her heart pounding in her chest excitedly.

Rayne looked over her shoulder and softly replied, "Me too," with a sly grin before disappearing behind the door.

"Yes!" Lark squealed and did a happy dance that Rayne finally accepted her offer. "Shit, I hope she didn't hear that!" Lark worried and peeked out the door to see where Rayne was at and saw Elaine approach. Lark grabbed her and pulled her into the dressing room. "I can't believe you didn't tell me she was in here!" Lark giggled and playfully punched Elaine's arm. "Oh, She finally said yes! I can't believe it!" Lark excitedly informed her.

"I thought you would like to be surprised. So, she said yes to what Lark?" Elaine grinned, knowing exactly what she agreed to. She just wanted to see Lark's excitement.

"A date! We are finally going out! I can't believe it we are going to be together!" Lark smiled and dreamily proclaimed as she sat in the chair basking in how good she felt.

"Hold on there Lark. Don't you think you are jumping the gun a bit? It's only one date, not a marriage." Elaine reminded her, worried that her friend was looking into the date too much and kneeled before Lark who sat in the chair.

Lark leaned forward and looked at Elaine. "No, I don't think I'm jumping the gun Elaine. I truly believe she's the woman that I'm meant to be with for the rest of my life Elaine. I'm in love with this woman and I feel like we've been together in another lifetime. I've felt that strong connection since the moment I first met her. I truly believe we are soul mates."

"Oh, come on Lark. I think you've been reading to many romance novels. It's probably lust for the woman that you are feeling." Elaine discarded her comments as being foolish.

"Well, sure I'm very attracted to her that's no secret but no, it's not lust." Lark protested and sighed frustrated with Elaine's disbelief in her. "Elaine, don't you believe in love at first sight?" Lark enthusiastically asked and held her friends hands.

"Lark, I would love to believe that it does happen, but I've never seen it so I have a hard time believing it happens. Look, honey. I've never seen you this way before and it scares me that you are so into her. I don't want to see you get hurt." Elaine worriedly informed her and patted Lark's hand comfortingly.

"I know and that's why you are so dear to me, but I truly believe in my heart that she's the person I'm meant to be with Elaine. I don't know how to explain it, but that's just the way I feel or I wouldn't have pursued her so arduously." Lark wholeheartedly explained and smiled.

Elaine searched the greens before her and found truthfulness and sincerity there. "Okay, but promise me you'll take it slowly with her. I have this feeling that she has some demons that she's been fighting and she may not feel the same about you. Just take it slow so your aggressiveness doesn't spook her. I don't want to see you get your hopes up and then have them destroyed by her."

"I know you don't and I thank you for being so caring. I promise to take it slow and see what happens during the date. Who knows? I could be completely wrong about the way I feel for her. She might be a horrible person and not the one I think she is, but my heart will know the truth and the only way to find out is to spend more time with her." Lark explained and smiled hopeful.

"Okay, that's all I can ask for Lark. Now, let's get you home to get ready for your date." Elaine smiled and suggested as she helped Lark up from the chair.

Lark engulfed Elaine in a hug, "Thank you. I really appreciate your concern and your friendship. You are dear to me." Lark smiled, breaking off the hug.

"I know, now stop all that mushy stuff and get dressed. We have a closet full of clothes for you to go through ten times before you find an outfit suitable to wear tonight." Elaine sarcastically grinned and motioned for Lark to get dressed. Lark laughed and grabbed her clothes. Elaine turned away and inhaled deeply. 'If she hurts Lark, I'll rip her apart with my bare hands. I don't care if she is a Secret Service agent or not.' She angrily guaranteed and worried that Rayne was toying with her best friend.

Rayne beeped the horn and smiled when she saw her nephew Brandon excitedly jump up and down when he caught sight of her. She parked the motorcycle and removed her helmet as the enthusiastic boy rushed towards her. "Auntie Rayne! Take me for a ride!" He eagerly shouted and practically climbed up her leg trying to mount the motorcycle.

She lifted him onto the motorcycle and placed him on the seat before her. "Another time little dude. I have to be somewhere shortly so I don't have the time buddy." She chuckled and kissed his head, watching him hold onto the handlebars, pretending he was driving.

"Oh, man! Please?" He asked with a grin looking over his shoulder to his aunt.

"Nah, I've got to talk to your old man." She smiled and climbed off the motorcycle taking him with her. She lifted him onto her shoulders and carried him towards the garage where her brother was working. "Duck little man!" She alerted as they entered the garage and she chuckled when her nephew dipped his head giggling just in time to move away from the garage door.

"Well, look at what my handsome son drug in!" Her brother sarcastically greeted with a sly grin looking at the pair.

"Yeah, well it could have been worse." Rayne quipped and lowered her nephew to the ground.

"How about letting me be the judge of that." He laughed and winked at his sister.

"Very funny. Listen, you got a minute to chat?" She asked, changing to a serious demeanor.

"If it gets me away from this stupid 'honey do' list I've got all the time in the world." He answered with a snicker and grabbed a rag. "Here, go clean off that dirty motorcycle your aunt rides around on." He suggested to his son and handed him the rag.

"Cool!" He enthusiastically shouted and ran towards the motorcycle.

"Hey, stay away from anything that's hot!" Rayne shouted worriedly.

"Yes, ma'am." He sarcastically answered with a wry grin.

"You should keep him away from Jayce, he's really becoming a smart ass." Rayne suggested with a laugh.

"I think it's from being around his auntie." Shayan added with a sly grin. "So, what's on your mind little sis?" He asked, cleaning his hands with a rag.

"Well, I finally accepted a date with the woman I told you about before." Rayne admitted and looked around nervously.

"The actress, Lark Morgan?" He asked with a smirk.

"Yes, do you know her?" Rayne asked surprised, turning her gaze upon him.

"Not really, I've heard nothing else from Brandon since he saw her over at your place." He chuckled and glanced at his son then back to his sister who laughed.

"I didn't realize he was that huge of a fan."

"Well, I think it's great that you are going out with her Rayne. Why are you worried about it?" He asked suspiciously. It wasn't like his sister to be so affected by a date with another woman.

"What makes you think I'm worried Shay?" Rayne asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"Because you've never come over to tell me you are going out on a date with another woman that's why." He explained with a smirk.

Rayne paused and chuckled. "Very true, yes I'm nervous." She sheepishly admitted and walked out of the garage. She stood with her back to her brother and watched Brandon polish her motorcycle.

"Well, come on the suspense is killing me. Why are you so nervous? I don't think I've ever seen you this way Rayne. You are normally calm, cool and collected. Why are you all of a sudden so nervous about a date? Is it because she elicits feelings that you've never had before and it scares you?" He inquired and stood next to her, looking at her.

"You got it big bro." She admitted and stuffed her hands in her pockets. She averted her eyes away from her brother who stared at her. "I have these really strong feelings for her and no matter how many times you tell me not to, I still feel guilty for having them.

"Listen, Rayne this is good that you are having these feelings for another person. It's time you get over Karen and move on to something real. These one-night stands are getting you nowhere and I would bet my bottom dollar that you're not happy even though you tell everyone otherwise. I told you before that Karen wouldn't want you sulking around like you have been. Go on your date and have a great time. Besides, it's only a date. Who knows, you may be having these feelings and they turn out to be false then you'll feel silly for being so nervous. It's not like you'll be committed forever after one date." He reasoned and smiled, patting his sister on the shoulder.

"That's what you think. You haven't heard how lesbian relationships work bro. Usually the U-Haul pulls up on the second date." She chuckled, lightening the mood.

"Well, how about getting through the first date and worry about the second date and the U-Haul later." He suggested with a laugh. "Come on sis, have fun and enjoy yourself on the date. Relax and enjoy the company of an attractive, intriguing woman." He coaxed with a grin.

"Yeah, you're right." She agreed with a smile. "I'm just being stupid and worrying for nothing." She admitted and looked around embarrassed for being so insecure, then looked back at her brother.

"They are normal feelings Rayne and just remember, you don't have to commit to anything it's just a first date." He added with a warm smile. "Let's see how good of a job you did on the bike." He commented and moved closer to Brandon to examine the motorcycle. "Very good job son. I think you're aunt will be very pleased." He smiled and tussled Brandon's hair proudly.

"Well, Auntie Rayne what do you think?" He asked, looking up at the tall woman who had moved closer to them.

"It's beautiful. I couldn't have done a better job myself Brandon. Thank you very much." She encouraged and kneeled next to him. She kissed his cheek and hugged him. "Here, go out and get something at the toy store." She suggested and handed him money.

"Oh, yes! Now that's what I call money dad!" He exclaimed excitedly and held the ten-dollar bill up.

"Well, I see your aunt is very generous. Make sure you thank her." He reminded his young son.

"Yes, thank you auntie." He smiled and hugged her.

"No, thank you my bike looks great. I'll see you tomorrow okay?" She asked and smiled proudly looking at her godson.

"You got it. I'm going to show this to mama. Bye, I love you." He added and kissed her before running towards the house.

Rayne laughed and shook her head at his precariousness. She stood up and grabbed her helmet then sat on the motorcycle. "Thanks for the chat Shay I really appreciate it." She smiled and put her helmet on.

"Anytime, that's what brothers are for. Have a great time tonight." He encouraged and smiled watching Rayne ready her motorcycle.

"I intend to." She grinned and flipped the facemask down. She navigated the motorcycle down the driveway as Holly approached her husband.

"Is everything okay? She didn't stay too long." Holly asked as the pair watched her disappear down the street.

"Yeah, she just wanted to hear what she already knew and felt in her heart." He explained.

"And what's that?" She asked confused by his comment.

"That it's time to put her feelings for Karen in the past and open them up for someone else." He answered and headed back into the garage. Holly stood staring down the road and inwardly hoped that Rayne could do just that and move on.

"Look, Lark! You really need to choose a dress and fast. You are getting very close to the time for your date and you definitely don't want to be late." Elaine reminded the flustered woman.

"Elaine! I don't know what to wear! I want to look fantastic tonight!" Lark anxiously stated and animatedly threw her hands up frustrated with her wardrobe.

"Lark, you are one hot number in anything you wear now pick out a damn dress so I can bring the bulldozer in to pick up this pile of clothing you have on the bed. That is the bed right? I can't tell anymore there are so many clothes on there." Elaine sarcastically commented and looked at the mountainous pile of clothing.

"Very funny. Shit, it is so late! Which one should I wear?" She frantically asked.

"This hot, black little number. The first one you pulled out." Elaine suggested and handed it to her.

"Yes, that one does look good on me huh?" Lark agreed and held it up to her in front of the mirror checking out the look.

"Yes, it will look great. Now, get in the shower and I'll have Hazel iron it for you. Go on, get going." She ordered and took the dress from Lark. She shooed her towards the bathroom as Lark laughed and giggled all the way into the room.

"Well, how do I look?" Lark tentatively asked turning around to show off the look to Elaine and Hazel.

"Wow, fantastic Lark. Very hot and irresistible!" Elaine enthusiastically agreed.

"Are you sure?" Lark nervously asked, hoping she looked perfect.

"You look very beautiful and elegant Lark." Hazel her housekeeper, jack-of-all-trades added with a warm smile.

"I agree." Elaine smiled.

"Whew, I was so worried." Lark sighed, relieved that they approved of her dress. "When will the limo be here?" Lark asked and checked the clock.

"It should be here in a few minutes." Elaine informed her.

"Oh, no I didn't even think about it. Maybe the limo will be too overwhelming for the first date? I should drive my car." Lark nervously wondered and moved closer to Elaine.

"It will be fine Lark, don't worry. Besides, you don't want to scare the poor woman off with the reckless way you drive!" She added with a laugh to ease Lark's anxiety.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I just don't know what her background is and I would hate to make her feel uncomfortable." Lark fretted and paced back and forth before the other two women. "Hey! I'm not that bad of a driver!" She protested when it finally registered in her mind the sarcastic comment said to her.

Elaine smirked and reasoned, "Lark, she drives a BMW motorcycle I don't think a limo is going to scare her off. Besides, didn't you tell me she lives down by the beach? She must have some kind of money to live there." Elaine reasoned and smiled, watching her friend pace nervously.

"Yeah, you're right! Oh, I'm just so nervous! I want to make a good impression Elaine." Lark whined worriedly.

"Lark, everything's going to be fine. You are a beautiful, personable and a very likeable person, don't worry. Have a wonderful time and I'll see you tomorrow." Hazel comfortingly replied with a smile and patted Lark on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Hazel that's so sweet. Have a good evening." Lark smiled warmly and watched the older woman leave the house. "What? What are you laughing at?" Lark asked, looking at Elaine who was laughing and shaking her head.

"I'm laughing at the fact that I've never seen you so insecure and worried about a date before Lark." Elaine explained looking at her friend.

"Well, this is different. I want something more than just a first date. I want more than that from Rayne." Lark whined, hoping that this would not be the first and last time she had a date with the tall, dark woman who had stolen her heart the moment she first saw her.

"I know honey, but you can't force the issue. Relax and be yourself. Have a wonderful time and if this is meant to be then there will be more than one date. You promised me you would take this slowly now get with the program and don't break that promise."

"I know, you're right, but I can't help the way I feel about her Elaine." Lark agreed and sighed, trying to calm the butterflies in her stomach.

"Remember, take it slow and get through this date, then take it from there okay?" Elaine asked and comfortingly rubbed her arm.

Lark looked at her and smiled. "You are so good to me. Thanks."

"Yeah, well remember that in my bonus check." Elaine chuckled and caused Lark to laugh. "Now, make sure you show that a lot and you won't have a thing to worry about. You have a beautiful smile and it will melt her heart I promise. If you weren't like a sister to me I'd date ya!" Elaine teasingly commented and laughed trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh, what should I do if we aah get hot and heavy later? Should I do the deed on the first date?" Lark nervously asked and looked at Elaine wide-eyed.

"Just go with the moment. If it feels right then do it if not back off. Besides, you shouldn't really be going on the advice of a nymphomaniac like myself Lark. I always put out on the first date because I'm not sure when my next time will come!" Elaine laughed joined by Lark.

"Oh, you are so bad." Lark chuckled and heard the doorbell ring. "Ooh, that's the limo driver." She excitedly announced and headed towards the door, followed by Elaine. "Does my make-up look okay? How is my lipstick? Do you like this color red?" Lark anxiously asked, stopping to let Elaine look her over.

"Lark, stop it! You look great! Your dress, hair and make-up all look very beautiful." Elaine chuckled at her friend's nervousness. "The color of your lipstick is exquisite too." Elaine grinned wickedly and winked as she opened the door. "Now get going! Have a great time and calm down!" Elaine laughed and pushed Lark out the door towards the limo.

"Thanks, I'll call you. Oh, don't forget to set the alarm for me okay?" Lark giggled and looked back remembering the alarm.

"I will, don't worry. I'll be leaving as soon as I look over the contracts. I'll leave them for you on the counter for you to check out when you have time. Have fun!" She shouted out and closed the door as Lark approached the limo.

Rayne paced nervously and checked her look too many times, worrying that she didn't look quite right. 'I should have worn the other jacket.' She thought frustrated with her outfit and checked her watch. 'Damn, if I change the jacket then I have to do the shirt too and I don't have time, she'll be here any minute. Now, should I invite her in for a drink or should I meet her at the door or just meet her outside in the driveway?' She anxiously wondered and pushed her hair off her forehead. 'Okay. Just calm down, you've been out on many dates before.' She admonished and heard a car pull into her driveway. She blew out the breath that she subconsciously held and wiped the sweat from her brow. 'Okay, this is it. Now, don't blow it by saying something really stupid.' She nervously told herself and approached the door when she heard the bell ring. She reached for the door and pulled back when she noticed her hand shaking. 'Get a hold of yourself woman!' She shook her hand and reached for the door, finally opening it.

To Be Continued…

Feed the bard at Cruise1313@aol.com . Please include the name of the story in the subject line to avoid spam mail. Thanks for your support!

URL's: www.geocities.com/cruise1313

www.clububer2000.com

December 2001

PROVENANCE IV


Return to Main Page