By: Dreams

Disclaimers: Nope, sorry, can't say there are any. All of the characters are mine. I take full responsibility for all of their actions. Hmm ... On second thought ... I've never seen them before in my life. They just followed me home one day ... really ...

Violence/Sex: No violence, I don't think. I guess that would depend on what you mean by "violence" ... I don't think there is any. You can decide for yourself. And sex? Umm ... I'll go on the safe side and say there will be. But don't go suing me for false advertisement if you can't find any. It really depends on what you mean by sex. As there are people in some cultures that show their affection by licking each other's eyeballs, it is possible that my definition of sex may be different than yours. Mine may involve cows in ballet slippers for instance ... wait, that doesn't sound right ...

Warning: This story involves an in-the closet actress, online relationships, Puerto Ricans, the Spanish language, Starbucks coffee, angels, boyfriends, sexual relationships between women .. and a ton of other random things that poured forth from my artistic loins. If none of the above things interest you, then you may not want to partake in this little tour of my demented psyche.

Dedication: to you and you and you you and you .. to people living with living with ... ::notices there are people watching:: Ahem. Sorry. Too much "RENT" for me. Strike that. There can never be too much RENT. Unless it's the kind you have to pay. But my point.. and I do have one .. is that this story is dedicated to you. Thank you for taking the time to delve into my madness. What a brave soul you are .. muahahaha <coughcough>

Special Thanks: To Amber, Cindy, Camilla, Christy, Amy, and Robin. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don't know what I'd do without you guys.

Write me: Cause I'd love to know what you think. I may be reached at amazonkiwi@aol.com


4

"Hey, aren't you that chick from that TV show?"

Julianne narrowed her eyes, which were currently hidden from view by the dark sunglasses she sported. "Don't even think about it, Adrian," she warned. "I will kill you."

Adrian grinned. "My mistake," he apologized, leaning back on his arms. "I thought you were somebody else for a moment." He looked around at the crowds of people walking by. Washington Square Park was bursting with energy as entertainers claimed their rightful spots and began their routines. There were acrobats and painters and singers and dancers. It seemed all of New York was out enjoying the beautiful weather.

Julianne's identity was well concealed behind larger-than-life sunglasses and a short blonde wig. She was dressed casually in jeans and a New York Mets tee shirt. "It's nice out here," she said, from her spot around the fountain. It felt good to be out basking in the anonymity of large crowds in a large city. So far no one had given her a second glance. "Maybe I'll move to New York after the show's over."

Adrian's attention was elsewhere.

"And have a threesome with some elephants from outer space," Julianne continued casually.

"Huh?" Adrian glanced back. "Sorry. I was just .. um É"

"Checking out the local white meat?" Julianne guessed.

"It's what's for dinner," Adrian replied with a grin.

Julianne rolled her eyes though he couldn't see them. "That's gross."

"There's nothing gross about the union of a man and a woman," Adrian replied. "Or even a man and two women. Or threeÉ"

Julianne laughed. "You can barely handle yourself, what are you gonna do with three women?"

Adrian appeared offended. "My dear, innocent girl. There are a great many things you don't know about me. I am a stud after all."

Julianne simply smiled, unable to argue. Adrian was gorgeous and he knew it. She was certain that Hollywood would snatch him up in no-time if he'd only consider acting as an option. But he was set on being a director and a screenwriter and Julianne admired his persistence. But most of all, she admired his determination of succeeding on his own. There weren't that many Hollywood hopefuls out there who, being best friends with someone with their foot already in the door, would've turned down a little help.

"I feel like buying something," she stated absently, her eyes darting around the different artists. She considered buying a necklace or something simple, but then a picture caught her eye. It was a charcoal sketch of a solitary figure standing amidst a crowd, her gaze fixed on a distant object. "Adrian, go buy me that." She motioned with her head at the image she'd been looking at.

"Go buy it yourself," Adrian replied. "I'm not your slave."

Julianne glanced at him. "Please."

"Fine," Adrian relented. He looked in the general direction she'd motioned at. "The one with the thing?"

Julianne laughed. "Yeah, exactly. The one with the thing."

"Okay." Adrian headed off, mumbling something about being pussy-whipped.

Julianne watched to make sure he'd selected the correct picture. Then she arched a brow as the conversation between Adrian and the girl behind the table dragged on a few moments longer than necessary.

When he returned to his spot, he wore a bright smile on his face. "Here's your picture, your highness," he said, handing it over.

"Hitting on the artist were you?" Julianne asked, glancing down at the picture in genuine admiration. It's as if it had been drawn with her in mind.

Adrian shook his head and sat down. "That's not the artist," he explained. "That's the artist's friend. The artist's very cute friend who just gave me her number." He held up a business card for emphasis. Proudly, he turned the card over to show where the girl had scribbled her digits.

"Very swift operation," Julianne told him. "I'm impressed."

"You too could one day be this smooth," Adrian assured her. "Just stick with me."

"Hey," Julianne complained, slightly offended. "I could land a date in two seconds flat."

Adrian arched a dark brow as he regarded his best friend with a dubious look. "And when, may I ask, was the last time you got laid?"

"That," Julianne responded, rising to her feet, "is none of your business."

Adrian stood too, enjoying the fact that he was winning this argument. "That long, huh?"

Julianne began to walk away, not wanting to partake in this conversation any longer. She could find somebody to sleep with. There were plenty of people who would sleep with her. Millions of them, actually. "There are some things more important than sex," she informed Adrian once he'd caught up to her.

"Hey, Julianne, you know I'm just teasing, right?" he asked, suddenly serious. "I know it's tough for you."

"I know." But it still bothered her. It wasn't about sex É she didn't really care about that. It was everything else. It was finding someone who would love her for her. Not for the media attention or the money or the glamour or who she pretended to be.

Adrian sighed. "You're not going to find anyone to love if you don't let anyone get close to you."

Julianne didn't glance at him. "I let you get close to me."

He smiled. "Yes, but much to my dismay, I don't seem to be your type."

"And therein lies the rub," she replied.

five


Return to the Academy