Disclaimer: Characters belong to MCA Universal picrures/Renaissance. Scenes between the Scenes is my creation, this one is from "The Greater Good."

Gabrielle runs in and finds out the Xena has died when she approaches her covered body these might be some of her thoughts that is going through her mind. It's just short one I think it's from a unique perspective.....I think......For feed back or comments please feel free to email me at 4hobbitsroo@gmail.com

'remember be nice'

*************************************************************

 

The Greater Good in A different light

by

Jennifer Cantley aka Gabster

4hobbitsroo@gmail.com


Gabrielle: She runs in from coming back to the warlords incampment Gabrielle runs in yelling for Xena. "Xena we've got big trouble."

Salmonious steps in to stop Gabrielle, "get outta my way." with the look he gives her she could tell something was terribly wrong, "what is it? what's wrong?" He just looks at her and lightly shakes his head and steps aside along with the gathered crowd and after they move outta the way Gabrielle sees the warriors covered body.

"What is this Xena? You said you'd be here when I got back. Why is that blanket over your body? Oh by the gods what are you making me go through now, is this another test? That's it isn't another test. Okay I will pull the blanket off and your gonna sit up and jump in my face and give me a april fools joke right? To scare the shit out of me right?

Okay now I see your beautiful face you can scare me any time now, come on Xena, oh I see your waiting for me to kneel by your side,,,okay here I am. Maybe if I stroke your hair like I would do when you would be sleeping maybe you'll wake up like you did with me this morning remember? Remember Xena!!!

We were just getting started with our lives together now I have to bring your dead body home. I hope your mother wont be made at me for bringing her dead daughter home. Oh gods Xena I'm gonna lean over and kiss your cheek now then you can give me a really big scare okay?..hmmm...

I'm looking at you come on..Shit!.. Come on Argo gotta go whack something...ah a tree..c'mre staff. Okay Xena I'm gonna whack this tree stop me will'ya, come on Xe your usually stopping me by now, well,,,Okay here it goes,..No!!!!!!! NO!!!NO!!! I'm sitting down now your suppose to be coming after me, what's taking you so long???

What do I do now? I can't breath Xena, my insides are shaking so bad I can't stand it! What did Xena say? She told me to......oh ya, focus the last word she spoke to me, focus....Gotta breath, my world has stoped, how can I do the greater good or anything with out you Xena? It's impossible. How do you expect me to go on? Please come back.

"Your back!!!"

Xena! I should have known you'd come back, "nice to have you back but don't ever do this again!"

"Gabrielle were in a middle of a fight! Duck!" As Gabrielle ducked out of the warrior fists way Xena punches a thug right in the face.

It didn't take long to finish off the rest of Talmadous and his rag tag army. Xena and Gabrielle left during the villages celebration. With Gabrielle towing Argo in a new respect and admiration and knowing that Argo didn't totally dislike the bard Xena was happy to see the two at least trying to get along.

"You risked your life for me to get me home." Which totally impressed Xena she didn't think she would go ahead and do that for her.

"It was your last wish. For all the you given me and all the times you've saved my life I'd go to tartus and back just to carry it out." For me you are worth that risk Gabrielle thought to herself.

"Knowing some day that I will make it home I wanted to thank you." Xena felt comfort in that thought at least she would know home would be at the end.

I'm gonna get all soft on you, your gonna wish that you where still dead I promise, I promise to make it worth your while. *wink*

~The End~

Author's Page

Return to the Academy