CHARACTER DISCLAIMER:

 The characters herein are mine. Any resemblance to real or fictional people is strictly part of your imagination. Some places in the story are real and some are fictional.

LOVE/SEX WARNING/DISCLAIMER:

 This story depicts an explicit love/sexual relationship between two consenting adult women. If you are under 18 years of age or if this type of story is illegal in the state or country in which you live, please do not read it. If depictions of this nature disturb you, you may wish to read something other than this story.

Author's note: I want to thank my Beta reader Kate. She is truly amazing and has lots of patience. <g> And thank you to all the characters in this story, you know who you are.

Designs of the Heart

By Heartbrkn Bard

Chapter 25

Aug. 1989

While on her way home from work, Jack couldn't help but think about how her life was totally falling apart. How could I let this happen? How could I be so inconsiderate of someone else's feelings, when that someone else was the one thing that mattered the most? How could I have been such an idiot and not seen that I was pushing Desi away. By not giving her the attention she deserved, I literally pushed her into another woman's arms. Ok, ok I know they are not together, but heck, Desi's mind is straying. Do I need to face reality? Is it over? By the gods, I hope not…

Slowly pulling up to her apartment, Jack noticed some of her clothes hanging out of the bedroom window. She ran up the stairs shouting, "Desi, are you here? Desi, I think we've been robbed."

There, sitting on the bed in front of a big hole in the wall, was Desi, red as a beet. Her clothes were everywhere. As a matter of fact, Desi's clothes were everywhere as well. "Umm, are you ok? Were we robbed?" asked the stunned woman.

Trying to be calm and not put a hole in Jack as she did the wall, Desi calmly answered, "No Jack, we have not been robbed."

"Well, if we were not robbed then what in God's name happened here?"

"You are what happened here," said the now not so calm green-eyed girl.

"Excuse me? What the fuck are you talking about?"

At this point Desi was just so over it. She stood up and started pacing the floor. "Don't play fucking stupid with me! One of your friends called, and of course, being the overly nice person that I am, I started talking to her. Then she told me she gave me credit for still being here with you. Being naive I asked her what she meant by that. Then I was subjected to hearing what a fool you have been making of me. How you have been fucking Joe all this time behind my back, and pretending you weren't."

"But…I…that is not true…. I swear," pleaded Jack.

"I don't believe you! This is the last straw! It was your so called friend, Jack, that told me this."

"Who in God's name told you this? Don't you see, whoever it is obviously isn't a true friend. She is just trying to break us up. Jealousy, I tell you!!" screamed Jack.

"What reason would she have to break us up? You have been cheating on me all this time. How could you?"

"But Desi, baby, it's not true…"

"Jack, I will tell you again, I don't believe you. I just can't take this any longer. I was going to throw all your stuff out the window, but instead I called my parents. I am going to move back home."

"What? Move back home? Over something that's not true? You haven't even given me a chance to prove to you that I am innocent. You can't do this!!" pleaded Jack.

"Watch me, Jack, watch me."

Chapter 26

The next few days were filled with hostility between the two women. Jack looked feverishly for a new apartment. Desi spoke to the landlord, and explained that she was moving back home. The landlord said there were no hard feelings and promised to give the security payment back, once all was said and done.

Jack was determined to find out who sabotaged her relationship, and vowed never to trust anyone again. Well, almost anyone, she still had Tk. Remembering that Tk was the only person she had left she decided to give her buddy a call.

"I am not home right now, please leave a message at the tone, and if you're lucky, I'll call you back." Tk always had a smart-ass message on her answering machine.

"Tk, buddy, its Jack. I need you, please call me as soon as you get this message."

Lifting the phone quickly Tk answered, " Jack, buddy, I am here. Was in the bathroom, what's up?"

"Someone called Desi up and told her that I have been cheating on her all this time. Cheating on her with Joe of all people!!!"

"That's asinine. Who the hell did this? What fucking asshole would deliberately call up your girlfriend and tell her this? Obviously it is someone that just wants to get down her pants…." said Tk.

"Buddy, I have no clue who did this. Desi won't tell me. All she says is that it was one of my friends."

"Oh man, this is so fucked! Now what?" asked Tk.

"Now what? Well, Desi called her parents and she is moving back home. We are through, over, done!!"

"Just like that? Even the guilty don't get convicted without a trial. Damn girl, who the hell did you piss off?"

"That's the thing, Tk, I have no idea who the hell would call my house and do this to me. Anyway, the main reason I am calling you is to see if you will help me move.

"Help you move? Of course, but are you going to give up just like that?" asked Tk.

"Believe me buddy, there is no reasoning with Desi right now. She has her mind set. You know how femmes

are when they set their minds to things."

"Jack, I am so sorry. I know how much she means to you. When would you like me over to help you move? Better yet, where will you move?"

"I will know more later. I am going to look at this place tonight, but it has 3 bedrooms and I might need a roomie," said Jack.

"Well I might just be able to help you out with that, too. You remember my friend Sam?"

"Yes, of course I do. He is that tall, skinny, childhood friend of yours. Why?"

"Yes, that would be him. Well my dear, he is looking for an apartment desperately. Living with his parents at the age of 25 is finally taking a toll on his personal life. They totally accept his life style, but refuse to let him have any male lovers over. How is the man ever going to get laid??" laughed Tk.

"Tell Sam I said look no further. If I take this apartment tonight he is as good as in."

"You got it, my friend. Call me tonight after you see the place. Then we can take it from there for what we'll do as far as packing you up and getting you moved in."

"Thank you, Tk. I will. Talk to you later."

"Ok, dude, bye."

As the close friends hung up the phone, Jack got a strange feeling inside. What would I do if I didn't have Tk?

Chapter 27

In the few days that followed, Jack had no luck finding out who sabotaged her relationship. In fact she hardly even saw Desi. Anytime she was at work or running around, Desi made it a point to move some more of her stuff back to her parents' house. The green-eyed beauty was definitely avoiding her.

A few weeks later, Jack ended up taking the three-bedroom apartment, and Sam moved in without hesitation. Tk did her best to move her good pal as smoothly and as painlessly as possible. She knew her best friend was in another world, and there was nothing she could do about it.

The dark haired woman was lost, missing the most important piece of her, a piece that no longer gave two shits about her. A piece that didn't even bother looking for or asking about Jack, like where she might have moved to. This disturbed Jack immensely. How can someone, who claimed to be so in love, just forget a person so quickly?

Living with Sam wasn't half bad. It was comforting knowing someone else was in the house. Jack wanted to go to the Lavender Chair. She had not been out in ages, and needed a "big girl" drink in the worst way. Jack wondered if Sam was up for a night out. She walked over to his room to see if he was home.

"Knock, knock. Anybody up in there?"

"Yeah," yawned Sam.

"I guess you're not up to a night at the Lavender Chair?"

"Oh sweetie, any other night I would. I am so beat from work; I am lucky I made it to the bedroom. I promise another time, ok?" said Sam.

"Sure, no problem. Enjoy your sleep," answered Jack.

Jack was going to go out even if it meant she'd go alone. She needed to socialize so she wouldn't sit home dwelling over Desi. It had been a rough few weeks. No contact from Desi, what so ever, was taking its toll.

Ok, I will jump in the shower and put my hottest outfit on. I swear I will be dressed to kill tonight. I will pick me up a babe that is too hot to trot, and Desi will just be a mere memory. Yeah right, who the hell am I kidding? I am so lost without her.

Jack got dressed and jumped in her car. Ok, ok, stay calm, you're just going to the Lavender Chair. You have been there a million times. Yeah sure, but you haven't been there in over a year without your beautiful girlfriend. It's all going to be all right.

It never occurred to Jack what could really happen at the club that night. She parked her car, paid her fee and strolled right into…. Desi. Totally at a loss for words, Jack was trembling like a leaf.

"Oh my God. Desi, I never…."

"Never what? Expected to see me here? Do you want to know why I am at a club that I totally despise?" asked Desi.

"Umm…yeah?" said the totally baffled dark haired woman.

"I have been looking for you! You left with no forwarding address or phone number. You know how to contact me, and you don't. Is it that easy for you to just forget about me? Did you ever really love me?"

Jack needed to straighten this out now. She pulled Desi over to the side where the music wasn't pumping as loudly.

"You have to believe me when I tell you I honestly thought you never wanted to hear from me again. I did wonder why you didn't get in contact with me as well, if you loved me as much as you said you did. I never once realized that you had no way of contacting me. I thought that Tk, or someone, would have given you my info for sure."

Getting down on one knee, in front of anyone that was there to witness it, Jack pledged her love to Desi.

"Desi, my love, I swear to you that I never cheated on you. And if I knew for one instant that you were looking for me, I would have run to you. Will you give me another chance?"

"Umm… yes, but under certain conditions," stipulated Desi.

"Anything!!!" Jack answered excitedly.

"Before I tell you, I have to admit that I have been here several times in the last few weeks looking for you."

"You have?" asked Jack.

"Yes, and in the interim I did meet someone. But, and this is a big but, I do love you and feel in my heart that I have to give us one more shot. If you screw up, even once, we are through. Do I make myself clear?" asked Desi.

Standing back up, Jack was beside herself with grief. "You met someone else? In a month?"

"Jack, my dear, that is irrelevant right now. I am offering you a chance, take it or leave it."

"Fine, I'll take it," grumbled the heartbroken woman.

The green-eyed woman eyed her sexy lover up and down. Boy, she does look hot tonight.

She grabbed Jack by her shirt and pulled her closer. "Good and don't fuck it up."

"By the way, happy anniversary. I love you," confessed Jack as a tear rolled down her face.

"Yes, I know, but sometimes love just isn't enough," answered Desi.

 

To be continued....


 Return to Main Page