A Kiss to Build a Dream On

by

Heruda

Disclaimer: The story is mine, the song isn’t, just borrowed for a challenge back in 2004
Sex: No, just a loving relationship between two women

 

A Kiss to Build a Dream On
Words and Music by
Bert Kalmar, Harry Ruby, and Oscar Hammerstein II

Gimme a kiss to build a dream on
And my imagination
Will thrive upon that kiss
Sweetheart, I ask no more than this
A Kiss to build a dream on
Give me a kiss before you leave me
and my imagination
will feed my hungry heart
Leave me one thing before we part
A kiss to build a dream on
When I'm alone with my fancies
I'll be with you
Weaving romances
Making believe they're true
Oh, gimme your lips for just a moment
and my imagination
will make that moment live
Give me what you alone can give
A kiss to build a dream on
Gimme a kiss to build a dream on
And my imagination
Will thrive upon that kiss
Sweetheart, I ask no more than this
A Kiss to build a dream on
Give me a kiss before you leave me
and my imagination
will feed my hungry heart
Leave me one thing before we part
A kiss to build a dream on
When I'm alone with my fancies
I'll be with you
Weaving romances
Making believe they're true
Oh, gimme your lips for just a moment
and my imagination
will make that moment live
Give me what you alone can give
A kiss to build a dream on

“Oh, Vel, this place is perfect!” my latest client, Ciqala Rodgers, enthuses. “It’s exactly what I’m looking for.”

“Well, I really couldn’t go wrong with what you asked for - a large plot of land, some trees, if possible a creek or river running close by, at least one hundred acres and not too close to the city. How could I possibly go wrong with those specifications?” I cheerfully responded.

After I had given her a tour of the land, I stopped the car under one of the dozen or so trees by the river that eventually joins the Gulf. Even though the land around us is full of shrubs and tumbleweeds, it is a beautiful and serene location. I had shown Ciqala other land options that the real estate agency I work for has for sale, saving this one for last because, for some reason, I somehow knew this was what she was looking for. The had come short, for one reason or other, to what she wanted. I was teasing her, you could say, preparing her for this moment, for this piece of land.

I’d had my eye on this patch of land for myself and hoped to have the amount I needed to buy the land and start landscaping and construction on it within the year. If a client came in asking for land, I would steer them to the other holdings the company had. But when this beautiful sandy-haired, green-eyed goddess walked into the office a week ago and told me what she was looking for, I knew I could not deny her the opportunity to see the property. And I was right. She loves it as much as I do.

With a big smile on her face, arms outstretched and head thrown back, she twirls in a complete circle and ends up facing me. Before I know it she’s in my arms and her hands bring my head down to her for the sweetest kiss I have ever been given. My arms automatically encircle her and I tighten them just a bit more as I enjoy the soft, warm lips upon mine. As our lips disengage from the kiss, we stare into each other’s eyes as small smiles grace our faces.

“Why thank you, Ms Rogers. I’m really glad you like the property,” I state, my voice husky as rampant emotions due to the kiss run through my entire being.

We stare into each other’s eyes for a bit more, then I suggest, “How about if we go back to the office, sign the papers and then go out to dinner to celebrate? That is, if you don’t have other plans…”

“That sounds great, but could we skip the signing until tomorrow? I’ve waited this long for the perfect property…one more day won’t make a difference, will it?”

Throughout this interchange of words our arms have not given up the hold they have, seeming determined not to let go. It feels so good to hold Ciqala within my arms, to feel her body against mine. Her warmth radiates off her into mine as I’m sure mine does unto hers. All I want to do at the moment is to hold her, embracing her to me as I bury my face against her neck and revel in this love, which has grown in such a short time, and which she inspires in me.

“No, one more day will not matter. Let’s go eat.”

As we part I take her hand and lead her to my car, where I chivalrously open and close the door for her once she settles in the seat. I go around to the driver’s side, start the car and drive away from the property.

I wish I was settling in with this beautiful woman.

****

Along the way I call the office and let them know that the property has been sold and the new owner will be coming in tomorrow to sign the papers.

Alfred, my boss, is delighted with the news. “Vel, that’s great news. I never thought we would sell that piece of land.”

Of course I hadn’t told him about my having an eye on the land and not showing it to customers - that would be bad form on my part. I was relatively new to the business, being in it only a couple of years and not being in the million dollar sales category, yet. I was getting up there though.

“Well, you know how specific the customers can be, Alfred,” I replied to his comment.

“Boy don’t I know it. Ok, you have any other appointments?”

“No, I’m done for the day. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Ok, until tomorrow and congratulations!” he jovially states.

“Thanks, bye.”

Hanging up I turn Ciqala’s way and see that she has an amused smile on her face.

“What?” I ask with a smile.

“Mmm…nothing, really, just watching your interaction with your boss. There seemed a point where you blushed and I was wondering what he might have said to have inspired such a reaction.” Then she gasps and begins to quietly laugh. “Yes, that’s the reaction!”

I laugh and thank God in my mind when I see the steak house I am taking us to celebrate, a short distance away. As I park I glance at Ciqala and immediately know from the smirk on her face she is not going to drop the subject. Sighing, I open my door and get out, going to her side and opening her door and assist her out of the car.

As we walk to the entrance, she grasps my bicep with both her hands and, leaning gently into me, she whispers, “You’re not getting out of answering, you know. Just a small reprieve ‘til we’re seated at the table.”

Looking into her eyes I smirk, “I know.”

****

There is not much of a waiting line and we are seated a few minutes after we arrive. Having been handed the menus, the waitress asks for our drink order, then leaves us to go fill it. I already know what I want, since I come to this steak house whenever I can. The Tampiqueña plate is my favorite. Nice big slice of lean steak topped with slices of long green chile, an enchilada, guacamole, rice, beans and your choice of corn or flour tortillas. The waitress returns with our drinks, asking if we’re ready to order. I give her mine and Ciqala orders hers, the T-bone plate, which comes with ranchero beans, rice and salad. The waitress leaves and we’re alone once again.

Taking a sip of her drink, she then coyly looks at me. “So…are you going to tell me what had you reddening the way you did?”

I start laughing. Raising my eyebrow as I look into her eyes, I reply, “No.”

“Oh…you…” She laughs.

“Maybe some day I will tell you, but for the moment…it can wait,” I state with a soft smile upon my lips. I can’t tell her that she’s just bought the land that I dreamed of for myself, now, can I. Especially when those plans went up a notch and decided to include her in the bargain.

We indulge ourselves the rest of the evening at the restaurant, eating and gathering information about each other. I now know that she is an only child whose mother was two-thirds Native American, hence her name Ciqala. She’s a paralegal, having left her job after her parents died just recently and left her independently wealthy due to a small inheritance. With the land she just purchased she would like to establish a camp-like establishment where kids, of all ages, with disabilities can come and play and interact with the different animals she wants to have on the property. When she was young she’d had the opportunity to work in just such a place and had loved the responses from the attendees, as well as from the people who worked there. There aren’t enough places like that available so she wants to set one up.

I watch as she explains her plans to me and I can see the passion within her about this place that she hopes comes to fruition in the very near future. I feel myself getting excited as much as she is about the place.

“If you need any help, of any kind, let me know, I’d like to help.”

Reaching her hand and placing it over mine on the table she says, “Thank you, I appreciate the offer and you bet I’ll be calling you for help.”

Once again our gazes lock. I turn my hand, which is under hers, and give hers a squeeze. “Good, I’ll be looking forward to it.” Then reluctantly I add, “Guess it’s time for me to take you home.”

“Yeah, I guess it is,” she replies with a sigh. Then looks at her watch. “Goodness, look at the time, we’ve been here for over two hours!”

“Really, well, it doesn’t feel like it, feels more like we just got here.”

She laughs at my statement with that wonderful laugh that I am so, very much wanting to hear for the rest of my life. Now, all I have to do is to get her to agree with me and I’ll forever be happy.

I settle the check, though I did get a bit of an argument from Ciqala, and we leave the restaurant

****

We arrive at her apartment sometime later. Having assisted her out of the car I walk her to the front door. She opens the door, turning on the light to what I assume is her living room, then she turns back to me.

“Would you like to come in for some coffee?”

Oh yeah, I sure would. And from the erratic beating of my heart, I know it agrees with my mind. However, I reply, “As much as I would love to, I can’t. I have an early appointment.” Is that disappointment I see in her eyes? “But I’ll see you tomorrow, right…to sign the papers?”

“Yes, that’s right. What time? We haven’t set a time yet,” she says with a smile.

I stay quite while my mind goes over my itinerary for the next day. “I’m booked all morning and my last appointment is at two o’clock in the afternoon. Any time after three I’m free. You can choose whatever time is convenient to you and I’m all yours.”

“Hmm…we’ll see,” she quietly says with a smirk, though I am able to hear it. “How about I meet you at three-thirty, then you can take me out to dinner again?”

I start to laugh. “Sounds great. I’ll be looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Goodnight, Ciqala, until tomorrow.”

But before I have a chance to turn and leave, Ciqala places her hand upon my cheek and draws me to her. And for the second time that day, she graces me with the sweetest of kisses upon my lips. I feel her tongue glide over my upper lip requesting entrance and, since I am no fool, I immediately grant it entrance. My arms once again have found their way around her and pull her further into my body. Her tongue playing with mine and the feel of her body all along mine are creating the most wonderful feelings within me. Oh yeah, I definitely do not want to let go. Our kiss reluctantly comes to an end and, with resolution, I turn and leave.

****

The next day my body is in full anticipation mode since the moment I wake up. And although my body’s eagerness is at its peak, I meet and give each of my appointments the consideration and attention they deserve. As I walk into the office a few minutes after three, bringing my last appointment back from the house I had shown them, I know a stupid grin comes upon my face when I see her sitting in a chair in the waiting area.

“Why don’t you two go to my desk and have a seat, I’ll be with you in just a moment,” I say to my clients, who nod and do as I suggest.

I then walk to where she she seated. “Hi, you’re early…not that I’m complaining one bit.”

“I hope my being here early won’t cause you any problems. I…I just couldn’t find anything else to keep me busy,” you reply shyly. “I couldn’t wait to see you.”

“I’m glad you’re here early. I’ve been anticipating this moment all day myself. We’re running a bit long. I’ll just be a few more minutes, then you can sign the papers and we can go to dinner.”

“I’ll be here.”

Half an hour later, I open the office door and Ciqala and I walk out and head to dinner.

****

The days have turned into weeks and, as the days progress, Ciqala and I are becoming inseparable. When I’m not at work we spend our time together either going out to dinner or having dinner at each other’s homes or dancing, go to the movies or just take a walk around the property and see the progress to the estate. At the rate the construction is being made, it should be another three months before everything is done. We have, as yet, to become intimate, but our make-out sessions are seriously heading in that direction, as it is very hard for me to leave her after one.

Our latest session has me groping her ass, kneading it as my hands pull her tighter to my thigh, allowing her to grind against it.

“Take me to bed, Velvet,” she coos in my ear as she takes my lobe into her mouth.

“No,” I growl.

She pushes me away, a hurt look on her face. “But…”

I place a finger over her lips, stopping anything else she might have to say. “No, I will not take you to bed…unless you’re my wife.”

Ciqala just stands there dumbfounded, her mouth open and eyes unblinking. I take advantage of her silence and kneel before her, taking her left hand in mine. “Ciqala, will you do me the very great honor of becoming my wife? Will you marry me?”

Her eyes are upon me and she is still not talking, though tears are starting to roll down her face as she nods, giving me her answer. I pull a small box from my jeans, open it and lift it so she can see the contents. The hand not within my grasp goes to her mouth as the tears start to fall in earnest. My arms are suddenly full of a weeping Ciqala, bowling me over to the ground where she takes hold of my face between her hands and kisses every inch, finally ending at my mouth, where she whispers, “Yes, I will become your wife. I will marry you.”

The kiss is not passionate but tender and loving. The kiss ends and I retake her left hand, placing the ring on her finger.

****

It has been fifteen years since Ciqala and I got married in front of friends and family under the stars at the Rodgers-Carson ranch, the name of the ranch her wedding gift to me. We have two wonderful children, and Ciqala’s dream program for challenged children is a great success. My wedding gift to Ciqala was a beautiful palomino mare and is the one she always rides, whether for work or leisure.

My favorite time to go riding is when we ride double, where I ride behind her, wrap my arms around her waist, allowing no air between our bodies, and touch her everywhere my arms can reach. I can then run my hands up and down her thighs, unbuttoning her jeans and unzipping the fly. I slither my hands between the opening and lift her shirt so I can run my hands up her torso to her breasts, knowing that on these occasions she wears no bra. I enfold her breasts within my hands, then tweak her nipples between my fingers until they are hardened peaks. She presses her ass into me and I move further into her, the movement causing the seam of my jeans to rub against my clit. I attach my lips to her neck, kissing from the base to her earlobe and feel one of her hands wrap around my head as she leans her body into mine while the other has gone between our bodies and grabs as much of my apex as my jeans allow.

Her hand at my head lifts my face, only to attack my lips with hers with voracious appetite. I run one of my hands down and into her panties, grasping as much of her love chamber as can fit in my hand, lifting her up a little and inserting two fingers into her. She starts to ride my hand, all the time her lips never leaving mine and sucking my tongue as if a favorite piece of candy. The hand between my legs has moved to the button and has no problem undoing it, along with the zipper, and immediately goes into the opening, fastening itself to my pussy and bundle of nerves. We ride each other’s hands, the horse’s movements assisting ours. Then the horse comes to a stop where I know the river is and our orgasms power through us.

Once the shudders come to a halt, we disengage, though I keep my arms wrapped around her until our heartbeats slow and our breathing becomes stable. I then slide off the horse, assisting Ciqala down and wrapping my arms around her once again and kissing her with all the passion she instills in me.

As the kiss ends, our eyes meet, then I look up only to realize that we are by the river, yet the landscape is still undeveloped. I look at Ciqala, her expression is one of puzzlement, as I’m sure mine is as well. Then we smile at each other.

“Dinner, Ms Rodgers?”

“Most definitely, Ms Carson, most definitely…”

The End

 

 

Bard's Page

Back to the Academy