Knowing Me, Knowing You

Episode 4

By Jaden

 

 

I briefly considered closing Aaryn's door and making my way home, but I didn't want to just leave without saying anything to her first. She had disappeared into one of the back rooms of the apartment, and so I let myself in and stood in front of the door until she came back out.

She had changed into some gray Calvin Klein boxers and a white tank top, and she looked at me funny as she made her way into the kitchen, probably wondering why I stood so awkwardly rooted in the spot that I was in.

"Janna, do you want some coffee?" she asked.

"No thanks Aaryn, I really should be going."

"Tea, maybe? How about some hot chocolate?" she continued.

What the hell, I thought. It beat going home and watching re runs of old Spanish soap operas that I could not understand anyways.

"Hot chocolate would be great!" I yelled into the kitchen.

"Make yourself at home," she yelled back. I heard the banging of cabinets and mugs as she set about her task.

 

So I sat on her soft black leather couch, sinking into it quite comfortably, as I took in the rest of Aaryn's living room. There were books everywhere, on shelves, on the entertainment center, even on the floor. Mostly textbooks from what I could see, with a few tattoo magazines strewn about the coffee table.

Tattoos, huh? I wondered, thinking of the many spots I would like to discover one on her.

I noticed that Aaryn's living room theme seemed to be black; from the entertainment center, to the couch, to the various lamps as well as the carpet. I wondered for a minute what her bedroom might look like, and I thought that maybe before I left I would go to the bathroom or something and try to get a peek.

 

I can be nosy when I want to be, and I definitely felt like being nosy.

Aaryn finally came back with two mugs of steaming chocolate, with whipped cream on top, and I blew on mine a little before taking a drink. Even though I knew she had not made it any differently than anyone else, it was still the best tasting hot chocolate I had ever had.

"So, what do you think of the place?" she asked as she sat back next to me.

"It's really nice, Aaryn. Wish I had a pad like this when I was a college girl, the dorms sucked. My social life never progressed much more than a few dates, especially if the other girl lived in the dorms as well."

"Yeah, well it's not like my social life is swinging either," she laughed.

"Maybe it's picking up," I smiled, then offered my mug for a toast.

She clicked hers against mine, saying, "To a better social life."

"Here, Here. So," I began delicately, "your parents must be loaded."

She smiled at me, "Why yes, Janna, they are pretty well off. They have always thrown money at me in exchange for any sort of time or attention. And then when I told them I was gay, they really didn't want a whole lot to do with me. I look at their money as quiet money, it is for me to live my life and do what I want, so long as I don't bring any girlfriends home, or let any of their friends know about me. So come the holidays, I usually spend them alone. If they can't be bothered with me, I can't be bothered with them. Though this past Christmas Eve a few friends and I went to give out presents to sick kids at a few hospitals in the area."

"Wow, that sounds great." I was impressed.

"It really was Janna. It made me feel really good inside, being able to make a kid smile. I never had any kind of tradition with my own family, my parents would take off together and leave me with the nanny over the holidays, but I think that from now on I am going to make it a tradition to do that for the kids."

"That would be a really good thing, Aaryn. I'm sorry to hear all that stuff about your family though."

"Thanks," she said, grabbing my hand into hers. "But it doesn't make me feel as shitty as it used to."

"I am definitely glad to hear that," I grinned.

 

 

 

We sat there comfortably for awhile, until we finished our chocolate and I stood to leave.

"I really should go now," I said. "I'm sure you have to be up as early as I do."

"Yeah, I guess you should. So, what are you up to this weekend?" she asked as she walked me to the door.

It was then that I noticed a rectangular, dark blue box behind the couch.

"Aaryn! You have a Playstation2 and you didn't say anything?" I asked incredulously.

"Uhm, I didn't know if you were into that kind of stuff."

She looked at me and grinned,"I can see now that I was wrong. It's still in the box Janna, I haven't even tried to hook it up."

"How did you get it?" I wondered.

"A friend of mine works at a toy store, and she let all of us know when they got the shipments in. I bought it thinking that it would keep me from being bored once school was out. I like to keep myself occupied," she said.

I stood there in awe, of the blue box that is. It made me forget that she was even still in the room. Figures, I am finally in the company of a beautiful woman and all I can think about is getting my hands on her game system. No wonder I have been single for so long.

"Janna?" she said, breaking my gaze on the box.

"Yes?"

"So, what are you doing this weekend?"

I cleared my head, "Nothing?"

"Wrong. We're going out, and then maybe, if you are a good girl, I'll let you hook up the system, and you can play with it all night. Deal?" she asked, a glint in her verdant eyes.

"A woman after my own heart," I laughed.

We shared a quick kiss, and I walked away, smiling until I got to the car.

Did she say all night?!

 

When I got home, there were 4 messages, all in half hour intervals from Karen. After I had settled into bed I decided to get it over with and called her back.

 

"Where in the hell have you been girl?" she asked.

"Well, mom, I was out with Aaryn, remember?" I chuckled.

"Don't be a smartass. I didn't think you'd stay out so late," she sounded surprised.

"It is not that late," I said, glancing at my alarm clock next to the bed and seeing that it wasn't far past midnight. "We went out and I thought she was tired, but as soon as I got her home she perked up a bit."

"So tell me all about it? Where did you go? What did you do? Did you get in her pants?" Karen fired off her questions in rapid speed.

"Where should I start?" I teased.

"How about from when you got in her pants?"

There was silence from my end of the line, as I counted down Karen's explosion.

1, 2, 3.....

"You didn't get into her pants?" she screamed.

"Lord, Karen! Must you shout so loud? No, I did not get into her pants, you fool. I wasn't going to exchange that many fluids our first night together."

"So, you did exchange some kind of fluids then?" she asked hopefully.

"We kissed, a few times," I said vaguely.

"Did you slip her the tongue?"

"Karen," I groaned

"Yea?"

"How old are you?"

"27," she answered confidently.

"Must you refer to it as slipping her the tongue? I just had a sixth grade flashback and it was not pretty," I shuddered.

"Who in the hell were you tonguing in the sixth grade?" she managed to ask, despite her laughter.

"Never mind all that."

"All right, since I see you don't want to give me all the juicy details, I guess I will let you tell me all the other stuff you guys did," she said, pretending to yawn.

"Very funny. We went to dinner, then I took her to the beach and we went for a walk. We had our first kiss under the pier," I announced proudly.

"Awww," Karen offered, "I'm so proud of you. Let me guess, she made the first move?"

"Well, I was about to make it, when she made things a little easier on me."

"Thank God for the little things. So then what?"

"Then we got back in the car and she fell asleep as I was driving."

"She fell asleep?" Karen asked incredulously.

"Yes, but she's a college girl, you know? She's got a lot of studying and early classes, and I didn't want to keep her out all night anyways. But when we got to her apartment, she seemed a little shocked that I wasn't upset about having to call it an early night."

"What was that all about?"

"I don't know, but I walked her to the door and she left me standing there, asking if I was going to follow her in or not." I smiled at the memory.

"Did you?"

"Of course I did. So she made us some hot chocolate.."

"With whipped cream?" Karen interrupted.

"Yes, there was whipped cream. Why?" I asked, sorry as soon as the question left my mouth.

"She keeps whipped cream in the house, huh?" Karen asked, and I could picture her eyebrows wiggling through the phone line.

"Anyways," I said loudly, getting her off the subject for now, "We sat and talked for awhile and then I left."

"So, are you going out again?"

"She asked me if I wanted to do something over the weekend, and I said yes."

"Well, I'm proud of you partner. A date with a pretty girl, a kiss, and even some hot chocolate. There is only one question left that needs to be asked," Karen said seriously.

"No, Karen," I sighed, "I did not get to see her bedroom."

"Well, don't get discouraged girl," she laughed. "There is always next time."

 

*TBC*


Return to Main Page