Disclaimers: All characters referenced in this story are mine and mine alone. Any similarities between them and anyone else living, dead, or fictional, is purely accidental/coincidental. Basically, hands off without my permission-pretty please.

Warnings: No violence, sorry. This does involve a look at loving relationships between women. If this is not your style, you are under 18, or if this is not legal where you live: Either don’t read it, don’t get caught reading it, or forget you ever saw this stuff.

For those who think lesbianism is wrong -sorry, perhaps one day after we cure stuff like cancer and AIDS we’ll work on stupidity-until then, don’t read and don’t flame.

Sex: Of course-not in all sections but it does happen now and again.

Sue: Always for you!

Anything I missed? Fill in the blanks or email me.

All comments, questions, suggestions and nice stuff are LOVED!

Jeaninehemail-public@yahoo.com

Chapter Seven

Time flew by, the weeks passing, and summer would give way to autumn soon. Bailey had found a small one-bedroom apartment in Old City, easing her commute time considerably. She and Jay were working on things, spending time together outside of work and regaining the closeness they had in their younger days. Things were going so well, that Bailey was actually a little nervous about it. Jay teased her mercilessly; saying that waiting for the other shoe to drop was negative conditioning and a total waste of time. Maybe so, she conceded, but life just seemed so good.

Labor Day weekend was coming up and they were headed up to Bucks County for a backyard shindig at the Conways’ house. Bailey was excited to see her folks. Things had been so busy that she hadn’t gotten out of the city much at all. There had been the occasional round of golf with her folks or Jay at the club, a dinner here or there, but not a lot of time overall.

Thinking over the past weeks, she marveled at how far she and Jay had come in a relatively short time. They were dating now, taking things slowly, but enjoying the time together as they grew closer. They still hadn’t slept together and Bailey was getting ready to implode. She found herself thinking about tackling Jay and strapping her down so she could have her way with her, but recognized that Jay needed to rebuild her trust before they took that important step.

They were making strides towards that trust at least. The previous weekend had been a huge step down that path for both of them. Bailey had talked about her time in Florida with Jay, sharing information that she had worried about telling Jay. She remembered back to their weekend and how they spent it.

They had gone for a walk in Fairmount Park, talking about the time they spent apart. They had decided it would be good to fill in the gaps in their time apart before moving too far forward in their dating. They covered the rest of college and the search for first jobs.

Jay spoke of her early years in a national bank chain before her move to their current company. “It’s weird, in the larger company, I was a number, a drone, to many of the upper management. At the same time, I was free to be openly lesbian without repercussions, at least that I was aware of at the time. I’ve looked back since, and I don’t think there was a problem, but maybe I’m just naïve about it.”

“I know what you mean, to some degree at least. I spent time during college working for a national chain bank, and didn’t like the way they treated anybody. Customers, staff, vendors, we were all just pawns and numbers. That’s why I jumped when the company I interned with the summer before my senior year recruited me. They were just a Florida bank, no aspirations other than very high quality service to the entire state. Besides, they were very gay and lesbian friendly. Partnership benefits and everything were offered.”

“Cool, I don’t know if we’ll ever get to that point here but I hope so. I almost feel as if I’ve given up faith in finding humanity in the business world.”

“You can’t give up faith Jay. Faith is a huge part of life.”

“I didn’t mean all faith, Bail, just in the big corporate machines.” Jay looked over at her as they walked through the park. “When did you get all faith driven? I seem to remember us both skipping out of church attendance as soon as we were allowed.”

Bailey laughed, and shook her head. “I never said I found religion Jay, I found faith.”

“Is there a difference?” queried Jay.

“I believe there is a huge difference. Organized religion has a place in society, certainly, but no place in my life. I discovered a lot about myself in Florida, Jay, not the least of which was that I’m drawn to things in nature.”

Jay snorted, “It isn’t like that is a big surprise Bail. We were always outside when we were kids. You never wanted to go inside. I remember that huge rock we used to hang out on in the summer. Remember, down by the creek?”

“I do remember it. I went to visit it the week I came back home. Actually, that is part of what prompted this search for me. I never related to what they taught us in church. I knew it couldn’t be right if it was going to condemn my best friend to hell for loving people of the same gender. This was before I came out to myself of course.”

Jay gave a wry grin, “Of course, but I’m really glad you did.”

Bailey leaned into her for a moment, “Me too! But, as I was saying, I was searching for something to believe in other than just numbers. I realized that the magic for me was in the plants, the trees, the stones, and the air around me. I started meditating and feeling more connected than ever to the planet we call home. I did some reading and trained with some people I met that felt as I felt. I now follow a Celtic based Wiccan path.” She looked over at Jay to see how that information was received

“A what? I don’t really know what you just said Bail. What does that mean?”

“The easy way to explain it is that I follow the Old Ways, I believe in the many faces and facets of the God and Goddess who unite to form the Universe. The path I walk is Celtic, meaning that I relate best to the pantheon of Gods and Goddess worshiped in Ancient Ireland. I, of course, honor and respect all the variations of God and Goddess, but if I call to a specific name, it is likely to be of Celtic background.”

Jay stopped walking and pulled them off the path, heading towards a bench. “So you practice Wicca? I’ve heard of it of course, it actually makes more sense to me than a lot of other stuff out there. Tell me more about how you found out about it.”

As they sat down, Bailey thought about her spiritual awakening. “I guess it was when I was about twenty three. I was lonely, confused, and scared about my life. I wanted to come home but I was too afraid to see you. I started reading my way through the library’s religion section. I guess I thought that if I could get closer to God that I would be saved, and no longer have those feeling for you. Instead, I started learning about a lot of different faiths. I read about Zen, Taoism, Islam, Judaism, different sects of Christianity, and Paganism. I felt most at home in the Pagan books. The love of nature, and the belief system of “Do no Harm,” and karma made sense to me. It was like finding my home in a way.”

“How did you get from books to practicing?”

“Are you sure you want to hear all of this, Jay? I feel like I’m monopolizing the conversation.”

“I’m really interested. I’ve often wondered if there was something out there to believe in. The western ideas of heaven and hell make no sense to me. I believe in reincarnation for one thing, so it doesn’t fit well for me. I can’t believe in a God that is so vengeful as to condemn His children to eternal fire. Please, tell me more, I really want to know.”

“Well, I discovered that there was a local group, a group of Pagans of all sorts, who met for social and spiritual gatherings periodically. They had a website up with a calendar announcing their events. I screwed up my courage and went to a picnic they had, with some classes scheduled on Herbalism that I wanted to check out. While I was there, I met some really cool people who welcomed me without pushing me to sign up for things. I went to a few more potlucks and started keeping in contact with some of the folks I met there. That led me to my teachers, a High Priestess and High Priest that I studied with for two years. They were wonderful, very normal folks. They held down conservative jobs by day, raised two kids together, and believed as I did, in both male and female aspects of deity.”

“They taught you about Wicca?”

“They guided my studies with books and the practice of meditations, guided visualizations, ritual work, energy control, and the various uses of herbs and stones. I stopped after two years when they had to move away. He got transferred to California and they decided to take the promotion and leave. We still keep in touch through email, but I practice as a solitary now. Does that wig you out?”

“No, not really. It is a little different but a lot of it makes sense. People survived for centuries before modern medicine. Who is to say that the study of herbs and nature isn’t the reason they were able to treat illness? I think this sounds kind of cool. Can I read some of your books?”

“Seriously, Jay? I mean, of course you can read them, I just never thought you would even care about it.”

Jay shrugged, “Hey, if it means something to you, I’m at least interested enough to check it out. Besides, after all this time, you are back in my life and I have a chance with you. How can I not believe in a higher power?”

Bailey started to laugh, then sobered quickly when she realized Jay was serious. “I’m so sorry it took me so long to come home, Jay. I’m just grateful that I finally did.”

Jay stood up, tugging on Bailey’s hand to pull her up also. “Me too! Now, let’s finish our walk.”

With a sigh, Bailey tossed her files aside, knowing that she wasn’t going to get any more work done today. She thought about stopping in Jay’s office before she left, but she tried to maintain distance from her at work. She gathered her things and headed towards the elevator, almost bumping into Sharon as she too headed out for the weekend.

“Bailey, how are you settling in here? I’ve heard great things about you from your teammates.” Sharon smiled, happy that her choice for the opening on Jay’s team had fit in so well, especially after Jay’s initial reservations.

“Oh, hi Sharon, things are great, everyone is keeping me busy. I sent you and Jay an e-mail recommending one of my branch lenders for an award. He’s brought in more business this quarter than any two branches and he’s a new graduate of our lending training.”

“I did see that and made a note, it sounds like he’s a solid choice for the Lender of the Quarter award. You’ll get details, but we hold an awards brunch once a quarter, per region. As his immediate supervisor in the lending department, you will also attend the brunch and give him the award if he is chosen. You’ve done a good job, Bailey. Keep up the good work. Enjoy the long weekend!” They parted ways in the parking garage and Bailey headed home to wait for Jay’s call letting her know she was done for the weekend.

#

Jay sighed, rubbed her eyes, and leaned back in her chair. After a quick glance at the clock, she realized that she needed to get out of her office. She was having trouble focusing, and reading through these credit reports wasn’t helping matters. All she could think about was her long weekend, the chance to spend time with Bailey, and hopefully, she could get a decent night’s sleep. Lately, it seemed like she was having more and more trouble sleeping through the night. She didn’t know why, but she was still tired when she woke up most mornings lately. She knew that she had pushed herself hard all spring and most of the summer, but by now she should be recovering from that extra work.

Jay pushed those thoughts out of her head, thinking instead about the special evening she had planned for her and Bailey the following night. Jay knew Bailey was frustrated with their lack of physical intimacy, and Jay planned to remedy that situation this weekend. She appreciated Bailey’s patience and understanding, and she finally felt ready. Her trust in Bailey, and in their relationship, had grown with the time they had spent getting reacquainted, and she was going to take things to the next level.

#

Bailey awoke to a persistent ringing. She slapped at her alarm clock, frustrated that she would have set it out of habit. That didn’t stop it, and she realized it was her telephone. Snatching it up she mumbled, “’Lo?” She heard the warm chuckle that could only be Jay on the other end. “Stop laughing at me, it’s the crack of dawn.”

Jay laughed outright at that, “Bail, it’s almost nine thirty, we’re supposed to get together in about an hour to go to the Italian Market. Did you forget?”

“Oh crap! I’ll be ready, I promise!” Jay smiled, knowing that she would end up waiting a little while when she got there, but that was fine. They had no real schedule today.

“Its fine, Bail, I’ll get to your place around ten thirty as planned, just come out when you’re ready, it’s so gorgeous out that I won’t mind waiting. I’ll just bring a book and read outside.” Bailey swore as she stumbled around her bed trying to get oriented.

“You can come in you know. I’ll get ready as quickly as possible. Shorts are okay for today, right?”

“Yeah, you’ll be fine in shorts. It isn’t cool enough for jeans today. Take your time and don’t hurt yourself getting ready. And I would rather wait outside in case I don’t get decent parking. I’ll see you soon.” Jay hung up and looked around her condo to make sure things were ready for later.

The CD player was loaded up with Loreena McKinnet, the candles were set up on the mantle, and the dining room table. The table was already set for tonight’s dinner and the wine was waiting in the fridge. The bed had fresh sheets, there were candles on her dresser, and the bathroom was even clean, with extra towels and a new toothbrush still in the wrapping.  Thinking of tomorrow’s plans with her parents, Jay set the alarm clock next to the bed, just in case there was a reason to oversleep. Feeling a familiar tingle run through her at the thoughts she was having, Jay smiled. She never would have believed this was possible, but she was getting ready to have a romantic night with the woman of her dreams, after she was sure she had lost her.

Having delayed all she could, Jay grabbed a book and headed for the CR-V in the condo association’s garage. Bailey’s place was close enough to walk to but they would head to South Philly’s famous Italian Market, an outdoor market full of great vendors for fresh fruits and veggies, along with any kind of meat, poultry, fish, and cheese you could think of wanting. There were also a couple of great bakeries where she planned on getting a loaf of good semolina bread for tonight. She also needed to pick up a dessert for tomorrow’s get together at her folks, since she’d been too busy to bake anything.

She waited in her vehicle, reading, for about twenty minutes before Bailey appeared. Jumping out Jay walked around to open the door for her and got a quick hug and kiss on the cheek for her efforts. Jay grinned as she shut the passenger door and got back in, looking over at Bailey with eyes shining brightly.

“Ready for our culinary adventure?”

“You bet! Lead on, oh great chef.” Bailey had to admit, one of the things that she loved about Jay was her willingness to be adventurous in food. They both loved to cook and found that they could collaborate nicely in the kitchen.

They found parking on a small street just off Washington, the main thoroughfare near the market area. Grabbing Jay’s hand Bailey was off and ready to shop for tonight’s dinner adventure. Jay stopped walking and Bailey looked up at her.

“Is everything okay? Something I should know about?”

Jay responded, “Everything is fine, but I have a specific menu in mind for tonight; is that alright with you? I know we usually pick everything out together, but I kind of planned it out this time.”

Bailey tilted her head to the side, trying to read the hidden message in Jay’s eyes, and then she shrugged and grinned. “That’s fine. I don’t care, as long as I’m spending the day with you. I trust you to feed me well.”

They wandered among the open-air vendors and ventured into the small family owned shops along the market, tasting, and sampling, picking up things here and there as they went until they were both loaded down with bags. Jay finally decided she had everything she needed and suggested they head back to her place so they could get started on dinner as it would take a bit of time to prepare. Bailey looked a little baffled, having still not guessed the menu for the evening. Jay smiled to herself as they made their way back to her CR-V. She had bought some stuff to use during the week, knowing the weird mixture of purchases would keep Bailey guessing.

They got back to Jay’s and carried in the groceries, putting things away together. Jay was swept away by the feeling of domesticity of the scene.  She asked Bailey to switch on the music so they could have some cooking tunes for inspiration. Bailey raised an eyebrow when she heard the sounds of Loreena Mckinnet fill the room, but she didn’t comment. She just washed her hands and asked for her first sous-chef assignment.

“Why don’t you pound the chicken breasts out? I need them as thin as you can get them without breaking through.”

“I’m on it,” replied Bailey as they settled into their dinner prep. Jay was gathering things from the fridge and pantry, and had pulled out her food processor, raising Bailey’s curiosity by at least a factor of five.

Jay started by taking fresh spinach, after washing and drying it, she added it to the food processor, then some ricotta, fresh mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, an egg, various fresh herbs, and some breadcrumbs. With a few quick whirs, her concoction was done and she covered it carefully before putting it in the fridge to chill. Next, she pulled out the broccoli rabe, trimming and washing it carefully. She peeled and chopped fresh garlic, onions, and portabella mushrooms, storing everything in small prep bowls in the refrigerator for later use.

Bailey reported, “All set with the chicken, what’s next?”

Jay thought for a moment before asking, “Are you in the mood to slice tomatoes?” 

Bailey laughed, tomatoes were one of her favorite foods, “That depends, did you get me an extra one to eat while I slice?” With a flourish, Jay presented her with two perfectly ripe New Jersey tomatoes for her munching pleasure, as well as a couple to slice for the tomato and mozzarella salad she had planned.

“Aw, Jay, you spoil me, thank you!” Standing up, Bailey reached up to Jay to give her a quick kiss. To her surprise, Jay put her arms around her and deepened the kiss, their tongues doing battle with one another until they had to break apart for air.

“Wow! I’ll play sous-chef for you anytime if that’s my payment,” Bailey joked, while she tried not to let Jay see how much their kiss had stirred her up.

Jay struggled to keep from acting on her feelings right then. She wanted Bailey, wanted her right then and there, but she wanted to do this right. This was, for all intents and purposes, going to be their first time together, and she wanted Bailey to have a romantic, slow seduction. Since Bailey had taken the initiative to come back and rekindle things, the least Jay could do was show her how worth the wait it was for her. Trying to refocus on the food preparation instead of the ache in her groin, she remembered the tomatoes.

“Um, okay, you slice those, and I’ll slice the mozzarella and prep the fresh basil.” Bailey looked up at Jay with such a sweet smile that Jay just had to lean down and kiss her one more time.

They got the tomato salad together and let it marinate in a little extra virgin olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Jay took the chicken breasts that were pounded paper-thin and scooped some of her cheese and spinach mixture into each one, spreading it out and rolling each one into a cylinder shape. Each roll got dipped in an egg wash and rolled in breadcrumbs, before being put on a parchment-lined pan.

“We’re all set,” said Jay with a last wipe of the counter. “I’ll set those to bake for a while, and then I just have to sauté the broccoli rabe while they rest, and we’ll have a nice little Italian dinner.” They looked at each other and laughed and Bailey said what they were both thinking.

“Yeah, the two Irish chicks made a nice Italian dinner.”

By the time they got the food together and the kitchen cleaned up, it was a little before five in the evening. Jay brought out the tomato salad and poured them each a glass of wine. They carried everything into the living room and settled in together on the floor in front of the couch.

“This is great. In fact, this whole day has been wonderful, Jay, thank you,” Bailey spoke softly as she leaned into Jay a little. Jay wrapped her arm around Bailey’s shoulder and gave her a light squeeze.

“My pleasure. It’s so easy being with you like this, spending the day running errands and cooking. It feels so right, like this is how life is supposed to be.” 

“Mmmmm, I know how right this part feels,” said Bailey as she snuggled into the warmth of Jay’s embrace. “I know what you mean though, just doing ordinary things seems so much better when you’re with me. I can’t thank you enough for taking another chance on me.”

“Shhh, enough of that,” soothed Jay, “we’re long past the need to apologize for the past. This is about our present and our future.” With that, Jay leaned down and claimed her mouth in a soulful kiss that seemed to penetrate right to Bailey’s heart. Bailey turned into her and ran her fingers through Jay’s hair, smoothing her hands down her back.

Jay moved her mouth to the hollow of Bailey’s neck where the pulse beat insistently. Bailey groaned and arched into Jay, encouraging her to continue. Jay let one hand wander down Bailey’s side, pausing at her hip, reveling in the soft curve she found there. Bailey started nipping at Jay’s ear before placing little kisses down the side of Jay’s neck, heading for the opening of her polo shirt. Jay felt the pulse beat between her thighs, she knew she could continue and neither would complain about the outcome. She raised her head to suggest they move to a more comfortable location when the oven timer rang.

“Damn, I forgot about that,” said Jay sheepishly. Bailey was looking at her with desire in her eyes. It took all of Jay’s willpower to move away and resettle her clothing, as she headed for the kitchen to save the chicken. Bailey came up behind her just as she put the covered pan on the stovetop to rest. She wrapped her arms around Jay from behind and gave her a good squeeze. She slid her hands down, appreciating the slight roundness to her ass before running her hands back up to Jay’s arms.

“I’m fine, you know, I told you we will take things as slow as you need,” Bailey spoke softly to Jay. “I’m not going anywhere, there’s no rush. I enjoy whatever time I get with you, however we spend it. No worries, Jay.”

Jay turned around so she was facing Bailey, “I know, you’ve been great, I just needed a minute to settle myself down I guess.” Jay looked into those emerald eyes that captivated her so long ago and she saw the desire mixed with concern. “Really, Bail, I’m fine, nothing happened that I didn’t want. In fact, I wanted more,” she said with a huskiness to her voice. “Maybe later we can pick up later where we left off?”

Bailey gave her another hug, “Sweetie, we can pick up anywhere you want, whenever you want.” Jay paused, that was the first time either of them had used a term of endearment and she decided she liked it, a lot. With silly grins on both of their faces, they went about the kitchen finishing the dinner preparations.

Jay grabbed the veggies from the fridge and sautéed the broccoli rabe with the onions and garlic, adding in the mushrooms last. It all got a healthy dose of lemon juice and kosher salt, and a final few flips in the skillet before Jay declared dinner ready. Jay ran into the dining room to light the candles and lower the lighting. She then ushered Bailey out of the living room into the dining room and helped her into her chair. Bailey smiled in surprise, having not seen the table before now. Jay carried in the salad, semolina bread, and broccoli, and went back for the chicken. She quickly sliced the chicken into rounds that showed off the pinwheel effect of the stuffing, and arranged it all on the platter bringing that in with the wine.

Bailey looked at her with sparkling eyes, “You did all this for me?”

“For us,” answered Jay. “This is for us, to the start of our new relationship. I know I’m a bit corny and old fashioned, but it only seems right that I show you how I feel.” Bailey was certain that she would fall in love with Jay at that minute if she weren’t already head over heels for the woman. Jay finished pouring the wine and serving them, sitting at the corner adjacent to her rather than across the table.

Jay served the delicious dinner they had created and they talked quietly as they ate. Jay discovered she wasn’t all that hungry, she was more nervous about the rest of the evening. When they finished eating Jay moved back into the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of sparkling wine. She popped the cork and poured, as a surprised Bailey looked on.

She handed Bailey her glass and raised her own. She offered a toast.

            My Wild Irish Rose

            The sweetest flower that grows

            You may search everywhere

            But none can compare to my Wild Irish Rose

            My Wild Irish Rose

            The sweetest flower that grows

            Someday for my sake she may let me take

            A bloom from my Wild Irish Rose

After Jay finished the traditional Celtic toast, she touched her glass to Bailey’s and took a sip of her sparkling wine. Bailey, flushed and amazed, took a sip of her own and looked at Jay, speechless. Jay looked a little uncomfortable when Bailey said nothing. Finally she asked, “Was it too much? Is it too soon? Bail, please tell me what you’re thinking!”

Bailey shook her head slightly as if coming out of a dream and looked at Jay almost as if she was seeing her for the first time. “I don’t think anyone has ever done anything so sweet and romantic for me, Jay.  That was the toast my father made to my mother at their wedding.”

“I know,” Jay replied, “I heard all those stories growing up too you know. I thought it was the perfect way to tell you how I feel about you.”

Bailey stood, holding her hand out to Jay. Jay reached out and clasped it tightly.

Bailey said, “Jay, if you don’t take me to bed right now, I might explode.”

“Can’t have you making a mess in my clean house,” joked Jay as she scooped her up and carried her into the bedroom, placing her gently on the bed.

She quickly lit the candles there as well, and stood looking at Bailey, licking her lips nervously.

“Jay, we can still take this slowly, just tell me if anything I do makes you uncomfortable.”

“Bailey, I want you so much it hurts, please, just make love with me,” pleaded Jay.

“Oh yes,” Bailey reached for Jay and pulled her down next to her on the bed. She leaned in and started kissing Jay, deepening the kiss and slowly guiding them further up on the bed until they were lying down next to each other. Jay’s mouth started traveling towards the open neck of Bailey’s shirt, finding the swell of her breasts too tantalizing to resist further. Bailey started exploring Jay’s strong back, edging her hands underneath Jay’s shirt. She worked her way towards Jay’s bra strap and then paused.

“Is this okay, honey?” she asked Jay.

“Oh God, yes, please,” cried Jay, her body screaming in need at this point. Jay then urged Bailey’s shirt up and over her head, tossing it across the room and eased her bra off. Jay gazed down at her, “You are more beautiful than I remember and I need to taste you, may I?” Jay asked with a mixture of pleading and admiration. When Bailey moaned and nodded, Jay lowered her head and started by placing light kisses down the line of her clavicle, then circling her breasts while gently cupping them. Slowly she started kissing the valley between her breasts, reveling in the texture and the scent that meant Bailey to her. With almost agonizing slowness, she worked her way up to a hard nipple and enveloped it in her warm mouth.

Jay groaned and sucked more of her breast into her mouth as Bailey’s hands urged her closer. Jay switched to the other breast, her hand still fondling the one she had just left. Then, her hand started making a journey south, followed closely by her mouth. She kissed and licked her way to the top of Bailey’s jeans, looking up for permission. Bailey, her hips already rocking, fumbled to help her get the offending garment off as quickly as possible. Jay stood and stripped away the last of Bailey’s clothing before quickly removing her own.

Both women sighed with relief as their naked bodies came together for the first time in over thirteen years. Jay quickly started where she had left off, kissing her way down Bailey’s abdomen and down each leg, stopping at the knee and moving back up in teasing manner.

“Oh God Jay, you’re killing me, please … ” Bailey begged for Jay’s touch. Jay moved up and kissed her with such tenderness and caring that it brought tears to Bailey’s eyes.

Jay looked down at her, “Are you sure Bail? Please be sure.” A small part of Jay was terrified that she would lose her again to fear. Bailey recognized it and took the time to ease her fears.

“I’m totally sure and here, Jay, this is you and me as adults. I want you to make love to me. I want to make love to you, until we can’t move anymore.”

Jay nodded slowly and moved her hand down into the softness at the juncture of Bailey’s legs. They both moaned as Jay’s fingers searched through her heat and wetness, finding the hooded prominence of her clit. Jay slowly moved her hand so that she could enter Bailey as well as give her clit some stimulation. Slowly, she eased in two fingers, feeling the heat and the smooth muscles as they gripped her. She was home and she knew it. She kissed Bailey repeatedly as she rocked into her, feeling the tension build in them both. Suddenly, Bailey’s hand was reaching for her, stroking her softly as they rocked together. Jay moaned at the additional contact, already close to coming.

“Oh God! Bailey, what are you doing to me?” 

Bailey kissed her again and whispered in her ear, “I’m making sure you know you are mine,” as her fingers slipped into Jay.

Suddenly, they both stiffened. Jay let out a moan as Bailey shouted Jay’s name. Jay could feel the ripples as Bailey’s body orgasmed and it seemed like a long time before they started to calm down. She gave a final shudder before slowly easing down next to Bailey and reclaiming her hand.

“Jay, honey, are you okay? Talk to me please.” Bailey was worried that the past would come back to Jay now and she wanted to reassure her that she wasn’t going anywhere.

Jay nodded and smiled. “I’m not afraid, Bail, I believe in us. I love you, Bailey.” Jay held her tightly as she said this, hoping it wasn’t too soon but she had to say what she felt.

“Oh Jay, I love you too, I’ve loved you for so long, but I didn’t want to scare you.”

Bailey sniffed as tears started rolling down her cheeks. Jay reached to her bedside table for a tissue and handed it to her.

“Sweetie? Why are you crying? Did I do something wrong?” Jay was starting to worry now.

“Jay you are the absolute sweetest woman I know. I’m not crying because you did anything wrong, but because you did something so very right.” Bailey hugged her tightly, then reached up and kissed her lightly on the lips. “I’m going to spend the rest of tonight showing you just how right you are,” purred Bailey as she moved over her lover.

#

“How much time do we have before we have to leave?” asked Bailey as she came back into the bedroom after her shower. It was her second one, the first turned into a shower for two, which led to them running a bit behind schedule, Jay remembered with a flush.

“Um, well we’re stopping by your place so you can change right? So I guess we should head out soon. I cleaned up the kitchen while you finished in the shower.” They had been in such a hurry last night that the remaining food sat out all night. All the work was worth it, thought Jay.

“Just let me run a brush through my hair and I’ll be ready to go,” replied Bailey as she glanced over at her lover. For a moment, her breath caught as she recalled their passion of the previous night, and several times throughout the night too. Quickly, she realized that she was staring and got her things together. She pulled on her clothes, which Jay had recovered from around the room and lain out on the bed for her. “You know, it’s too bad you’re so damn tall or I could just borrow some of your clothes,” laughed Bailey.

“Hey, I’m not the vertically challenge one here,” teased Jay. “Now, get that cute butt in gear so we aren’t too late. I’m not going to be the one to tell your parents why we were delayed this morning.” Laughing, Bailey finished up and headed out the door following Jay.

They made the short drive to Bailey’s place and then they headed up 95 North to Bucks County, and their parents. The Labor Day picnic was something of a tradition, and truth be told, Jay usually enjoyed it. Today, she was a little apprehensive since it was really their first family event as a couple. Just then, as if sensing Jay’s case of nerves, Bailey reached over and took her hand. She raised it to her lips and gently kissed the knuckles before holding it with her smaller hand. Jay smiled over at her and counted her blessings.

“So, who’s coming today? I mean other than our families,” asked Bailey.

Jay thought about it and answered, “I’m not really sure, since the guest list is usually somewhat eclectic. My parents still invite anyone with no place to hang out or people they haven’t gotten to spend much time with over the summer. I did mention that Riley is coming, right?”

Bailey smirked, “Yeah, you did. I already apologized for thinking you two were an item. She is darn cute after all, and you’re a total catch!” Bailey chuckled at Jay’s sudden blush and let her off the hook. “Honey, it’s fine, she’s your close friend so we have to learn to socialize at some point, might as well do it now, right?” Jay smiled at Bailey’s willingness to befriend her friend. Riley had been so busy with wrapping up the regular season stuff at the club that they didn’t think she would be able to make it today, until her boss suddenly gave her the day off. Jay suspected her father had a hand in that, but she kept her mouth shut and accepted the good fortune.

Jay found a parking space and followed the noise around back, carrying the strawberry pie she had purchased during their Italian Market trip. It was her mother’s favorite, so she knew it would be well received. Bailey carried in two bottles of wine for the party, and stopped to greet her parents, before going over to Jay and her parents.

“Thanks ladies, good timing,” said Steve. “The main work is done and I’m getting ready to throw the chicken on the grill,” he teased Jay.

Laura nudged him and said, “Don’t listen to him, you just get a drink and mingle. Go spend some time with Riley. She just got here a few minutes ago.”

“Thanks Mom,” replied Jay, giving her a quick hug and kiss on the cheek.

They poured themselves glasses of wine and made their way across the yard to where Riley was engaged in conversation with a few people form the club.

After a quick hug from Jay, Riley extended her hand to Bailey and said, “It’s great to see you again.” Bailey gave an exasperated sigh before pulling Riley into a hug too.

“If you are a friend of Jay’s, then I like you enough to hug you too,” she explained with a twinkle in her eye. Riley chuckled and returned the hug before asking how Jay was feeling. She had been run down the past couple of weeks and Riley was a little concerned.

“I’m fine. I just need to get caught up on sleep I think. Now that my latest team member is outshining everyone else, I should get a break.” Jay glanced at Bailey and saw her smile at the compliment.

They chatted for a while about the books they were reading and the deplorable state of gay rights at various companies. Bailey introduced Riley officially to her parents. They knew her from the club, but hadn’t realized that she was a friend of Jay’s as well. Everyone was having a good time, and Jay relaxed. She was far away from work and her weekday stress. Without any apparent thought, Jay reached out and took Bailey’s hand, holding it gently in her own. Bailey knew that was a big step for Jay; she wasn’t a PDA kind of person. Smiling, she gave Jay’s hand a quick squeeze while continuing her conversation with her parents.

As the party wound down, just after sunset, Jay and Bailey helped clean up the yard and kitchen. Laura and Steve kept protesting, but the women had decided they would take help with clean up since they were too late to help prepare for the party. While they finished up, both sets of parents sat out on the screened in patio, enjoying the cool evening. Jay and Bailey joined them when they were finished cleaning up to sit for a few minutes and talk about the day.

Helen asked, “Honey, are you staying with us tonight?”

Bailey almost choked on her tea.

Before she could answer, her dad Marc said, “Of course, Jay is welcome as well.” At that, no one looked comfortable and both daughters were blushing furiously.

Jay coughed and said, “Thanks, but we rode together and I have plans in the morning, so I thought we’d head back shortly.”

Laura laughed at Helen saying, “I think our young women would rather be alone.”

“MOM!” bellowed Jay. Jay suddenly realized they were all just teasing them, apparently having worked it out while she and Bailey were still cleaning.

“On that note, since we’re done being the butt of your jokes, I think we’ll head back to the city,” Jay said with a shake of her head.

“Aw, come on Jay, we were just teasing our two favorite people,” said her father.

“No Dad, really, it has been a long day and a longer week. I’ve been really tired lately too. I really do need to go if I’m going to make the drive back.”

“Give an old man a hug, kiddo, and get out of here. I’m just happy that you look so happy,” he said quietly. From the looks of things, Bailey was having a similar talk with her mother. They finally got themselves together and out the door.

On the way back to Philadelphia, Bailey started laughing suddenly. Jay turned to look at her as if she had lost her mind.

“I’m sorry, but the look on your face when my dad suggested we both stay there. It was pure panic and embarrassment.”

Jay chuckled, admitting, “Well, I couldn’t possibly do to you what I want to do with your parent’s just down the hall. It just wouldn’t be right.”

“Oh yeah? What do you have in mind?” queried Bailey.

“You’ll just have to wait and see I guess,” said Jay. “Did you bring an over night bag with you?”

“Yup, it’s in the back seat. No need to go back to my place until tomorrow evening.”

At that, Jay’s heart lurched a little. She knew it was somewhat stereotypical, but she didn’t want Bailey going anywhere. At least it took longer than their second date, she thought with a rueful smile.

Pushing those thoughts from her head, Jay realized that it made sense for them to not spend every night together. Besides, they couldn’t really start showing up at work together, could they? Jay thought about it, they could carpool, at least some days, if they were both in the office. She mentioned it to Bailey, who looked thoughtful.

“I don’t see why not. With us working in the same department and living so close, it does make sense.” They decided to wait a week or two and make sure they weren’t obvious around the office before starting the carpooling idea.

When they got back to Jay’s, they practically raced each other to the bedroom, pulling clothes off as they went. Jay stopped Bailey from leaping on the bed by suggesting a shower together first. They took a long shower, spending plenty of time soaping, rinsing, and testing with their tongues to make sure all the soap was gone. Finally, they toweled each other off and made it into bed.

Jay hugged Bailey to her and admitted, “I’m so glad you’re here. That empty part of me isn’t empty anymore.”

Bailey hugged her back and whispered, “You never have to be without me again, sweetie. I’m here for you always.”

Jay pulled back a bit to get a better look at Bailey. “I wish we could live together. I just don’t see how we could though do you? I mean, it wouldn’t look good at work since I am still your supervisor.”

“Jay, we will work it all out, I promise. Don’t let this stress you out. If I have to leave the company, I’ll gladly do it so we can be together. Let’s cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, let’s just revel in finding each other again.” Jay resolved to do just that as she closed her eyes and fell into sleep.

Continued in Part 8

Return to the Academy