Turn blue!

Copyright © 2016 by J.S. Stephens. This is set several years after Jo and Blair marry in my story, "The Impossible Dream". I'm just borrowing the characters from the show "The Facts of Life". Comments or questions to me.


Jo clenched and unclenched her fists in an attempt to contain her temper and she and Blair carried on their argument into the house. "I get it, Princess," she spat out, "but my mind is made up. "So quit sticking your nose where it don't belong!"

Blair stomped in after her, slamming her purse down on the kitchen counter, brown eyes blazing with anger. "Jo, you need to listen to reason!"

"I am, Blair, I'm listening to MY reason!" Jo yelled back, running fingers through her salt and pepper hair. "Why can't you get that? It's my business, after all!"

Blair glared at her wife while tossing her blonde locks into place. "I've had it with your inconsideration, you grease monkey!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"You're the one who backed me originally!"

"TURN BLUE!"

Jo stopped dead in her tracks, rerunning the last two words. She turned to look at her furious wife, and started laughing. She really couldn't help it, turn blue had been Blair's final I'v-had-all-I-can-stand catchphrase when they were in school together. She flashed back to multiple times that the phrase had been hurled at her, usually from the stairway as Blair had stomped up from the dining room to their room upstairs at Eastland school. "Turn blue? Really? You want me to be a Smurf or something?" Jo managed to gasp.

Blair tried to hang on to her anger, but was rapidly losing that battle. A vision of her beloved wife with blue skin and white hair appeared as she struggled not to smile. "That's what I said," she huffed, crossing her arms tightly across her chest.

"Oh, Grease Monkey, turn blue!" Jo mocked in a singsong voice as she cautiously walked closer. "My God, Blair, did we go back to high school?" she asked, extending fingers to stroke Blair's arm.

Blair lost the battle and started laughing. "I guess so," she gasped out, reaching for Jo's hand, "I hadn't thought of that phrase in years."

Jo moved closer, clasping Blair's offered hand, bringing it up to her lips. "And what, my dearest princess, did you ever mean by 'turn blue'?" she queried as she kissed each knuckle.

Blair's breath caught as Jo's lips brushed her knuckles, leaving a wake of delicious tingling in their wake. "I don't know," she confessed, anger completely drained. "It just felt like an ultimate insult."

"An insult, or an invitation?" Jo transferred her lips from Blair's hand to her mouth. "Turn blue from lack of oxygen?" she asked in between light kisses.

Blair was completely captivated by Jo's feathery kisses, unconsciously arching her neck to give her wife better access. "Maybe that's what I really wanted," she whispered in a husky voice. "Make me turn blue," she ordred.

"Aye, aye, captain," Jo said, almost trembling with rising desire. "Turn blue, indeed," she said, leading her lady upstairs to their bedroom.

"Were we arguing about anything important?" Blair asked as Jo started undressing her.

Memorized by her task, Jo shook her head. "I don't think so," she mumbled.

"Then make me turn red with passion," Blair whispered.

"Your wish is my command," Jo growled roughly.

Happiness and harmony was soon restored.

The End.

 

Author's Page

Return to the Academy