Storm Surge

by KatLyn


Disclaimers:

Rating: NC-17

Status: WIP

Disclaimers: There mine. Do not use them, steal them, or abuse them.

Feedback: KatLynFic@yahoo.com


Part 7

Chapter Twenty-One

Olivia walked back into the house, sweat sliding off her brow and out of breath and Alex took one look and knew Olivia had not been lucky. Disappointed, she turned her attentions back to Conner's arm.

The gash wasn't very large, but it was deep. Alex cleaned the puncture wound with peroxide, applied two steristrips to close the opening, and then covered it with a 4 x 4 bandage. Donald, Jack, and Olivia had moved back into the living room, and were discussing the intruder when Alex and Conner reentered a few minutes later.

"ŠDon't know...I didn't get a good look at him. He was too far ahead of me by the time I hit the beach. He ran off into the dunes before I could catch up." Olivia was in the middle of recanting the foot chase down the beach.

"Male Caucasian, mid thirties, dark brown hair, medium build, but muscular, scar on the right side of his neck, and smelled like cigarettes," Conner walked the rest of the way into the room and gave her description of the intruder she had tackled outside.

"Very good, Officer Harris," Olivia didn't turn around as she spoke to Conner, "and you saw all of this, in the dark?"

"Ahh, No," Conner gave Alex a sideways glance in response to Olivia's question, "I flipped the light switch as I went out the door, so I got a pretty good look."

Alex sat down on the fireplace hearth, "Which direction did he go, Olivia?"

"He went north, up the beach, probably back in the city by now."

Donald and Jack sat quietly, as the three women discussed the evening's intruder. Both men felt the tension building between Conner and Olivia, but decided to remain quiet for the time being. Donald decided he would discuss the situation with Alex privately and hope she would come to the same conclusion that he had. The two women definitely need to be separated the next night. They didn't need a power struggle interfering with the mission.

Jack looked at his watch and saw that it was past midnight, "I say we call it a night people. It's late and we all need to get some rest before tomorrow."

Everyone agreed. As Donald pulled his jacket on, he reminded everyone that her would be calling around nine to give them the meeting details. He had Olivia write her number down and then looked at Conner expecting the same.

Conner, why don't you stay here tonight? I have a spare room, and it's a long drive for you," Alex was looking at Conner as she spoke and missed Olivia's smirk, and the smile that formed on the faces of the two men.

"OK, thanks," Conner nervously rubbed her chin, trying to hide her amusement, as she glared over Alex's shoulder at the three smiling faces. When she saw the look on Conner's face, Alex turned around bewildered and looked into the sober faces of her guests. "OK, I guess that's settled then. You guys drive carefully going home. OK?"

The three left, and as the two women walked back into the house, Alex noticed the smile on Conner's face, " And just what is so amusing to you?"

Conner let out a snort, "Umm, wellŠit's just that everyone thought your subtle invitation to meŠwas, wellŠcute."

"Huh?" Alex was totally lost in the conversation.

"Yeah, cute. Olivia obviously knows, after catching us in the chopper today," Conner walked forward and captured Alex in her arms, "and Donald mentioned it to me this afternoon at José's." Conner saw the shock register in Alex's eyes, "andŠwell that's what the Captain and I were discussing when you walked into the kitchen tonight."

Alex groaned and dropped her head to Conner's chest, "so IŠummmŠjust made a royal fool of myself here, didn't I?"

Conner tightened her embrace, "No, you didn't. I told you, they thought it was cute."

Alex lifted her head and gave Conner a serious look, "So, what did Donald and Jack say to you?"

Donald is OK with it. He told me to get you out of there today, and bring you home. He was concerned about you, and a little embarrassed because of his lack of observation skills." Alex raised an eyebrow in question to Conner's reply. "It seems his wife had to clue him in on ourŠummmŠsituation."

Alex shook her head, "Yeah, Catherine would have to do that. I can't say that Donald is the most observant person when it comes to interpersonal relationships." Alex's expression changed from amused to concern, "What about Jack? It looked like a very serious moment in there."

Conner pulled Alex over to the sofa, and sat down beside her, "Yeah, it did get intense. Jack is concerned that I wouldn't be able to stay focused tomorrow night, especially where you're concerned," Conner looked up at Alex, "He thinks our involvement may lead us to make mistakes."

Alex took Conner's hand and pulled it into her lap, "What do you think Conner? That's the important question."

Conner leaned her head back and looked at the ceiling, searching for the answer. Alex remained quiet and gave Conner a minute to gather her thoughts. When Conner finally spoke, her voice was confident yet subdued, "I know we both have a job to do out there tomorrow night. I also know we'll do whatever it takes to bring these guys in, Alex," Conner lifted her head and her eyes, met Alex's, "Don't think for an instant though, I'm not going to keep an eye on your back out there. It's taken me too damn long to find you, and I have no intention of loosing you."

Alex smiled and kissed Conner on the forehead, assured that her lover would carry out her duties the next night, without hesitation. Lowering her lips to Conner's for a tender kiss, she sighed, "Let's go to bed. I need to make love to you."

Conner rose and returned Alex's kiss, "Umm, I think I need a quick shower first. Why don't I meet you there, OK?"

"OK, I'll lock up." Alex ran a finger down Conner's chest, and made small circles around her already hard nipple. Conner gasped and Alex raised an eyebrow as she looked up into her eyes, "Don't take to long. I'd hate to have to start without you," and then smiled and bit Conner's bottom lip.

Conner released a long moan, "Start without me, and you'll regret it, I promise," then turned and jogged down the hall to the shower.

**************************************

Out in the dark shadows of the dunes, the woman set the receiver down in the sand. Planting the small listening devises throughout the house had been easier than she had anticipated. In Alex's haste to check on her lover, she had left the Olivia alone to do her search. The small bugs she planted, were the size of small thumbtacks and Olivia was sure Alex would not be searching for the little dots after the meticulous sweep she had just completed.

She had placed one of the tiny devices in the Master bedroom, office, and kitchen, the three locations she felt sure most of their conversations would take place. She raised the antenna of the receiver, wrapped the headset over her long hair, and then leaned back into the cool sand.

Olivia smiled to herself as she waited for sound to come from the bedroom. After seeing Conner's flushed face when she answered the door earlier this evening, she had known that she had interrupted the two lovers in the heat of passion. She was almost certain that she would soon be privy to a continuation of this hot action.

She listened as footsteps traveled back and forth across the floor, and then stopped. She heard a several identical sounds she couldn't quite make out, sort of like a scratching noise. A few seconds later, she heard the sound of covers being pulled back on the bed, and wondered if the person she heard was Alex or Conner.

A few moments later, she heard another set of footsteps abruptly stop, followed by a deep growling moan, and then resume. The footsteps got louder as they approached the bed, then stopped again. She heard the sound of covers being pulled away, followed by a moment of silence. Olivia felt shivers run up her spine as she heard Conner's voice through her headset, 'God, you are so beautiful', the voice said. Olivia felt a warm wetness spread between her legs as she interlocked her fingers behind her head, closed her eyes, and listened.

**************************************

Conner jumped under the tepid spray and quickly showered off the grit of the day. She stepped out of the shower, hastily toweled off, and then walked completely nude into the bedroom. She stopped in her tracks, as her eyes took in the sight before her. Alex had placed candles around the room, each one creating subtle shadows that danced across the walls and ceiling. Conner's eyes fell next to the bed and she inhaled a long ragged breath, followed by a deep moan, seeing Alex lying there on her side, waiting for her.

Their eyes met and held, as Conner walked towards the bed. Alex slowly pulled the cover back, bared her naked body, and reached out her arms in an alluring invitation. Conner placed one knee on the bed, and leaned over her lover, as she gently brought her fingertips up to stroke Alex's face, "God, you are so beautiful," her voice a whisper, almost reverent.

Conner let her eyes wander down Alex's body, delighting in the smoothness of her skin, fingertips following her eyes, and smiled when she saw Alex shiver under the gentle touch. She leaned down and placed a soft kiss in the middle of Alex's stomach, and watched as the muscles beneath, rippled from the sensation. The tender kisses continued, as she moved up Alex's body, pausing only for a moment to place one single kiss on the swell of each breast, before continuing on her journey.

Using her strong legs and muscular arms to hold herself up, Conner moved until her body was suspended only inches above Alex's, close enough that she could feel the heat radiating from her lover's body. Conner bent her head and softly took Alex's parted lips in her own, then heard the tortured moan Alex released as their lips parted. Alex reached up and placed her hands on Conner's hips, as she parted her legs in anticipation, "Please baby," she pressed her hands harder against the firm muscular hips, "Please Conner, I need to feel you next to me."

Conner arms were shaking, not from the injury she sustained earlier, nor from any muscular fatigue, but from the powerful surge of energy she felt pulse through her body. She lowered herself slowly, breast meeting breast, torso meeting torso, until finally their bodies melted together in an explosion of sensual passion.

"GodŠyou feelŠsoŠgoodŠnext to me," Alex could barely speak the words as the overwhelming sensation caused the air to burst from her lungs." She wrapped her arms around Conner, pulling her even closer, as their mouths met with a consuming need. Tongues met, probed deeper, dueled for control, and sought release, until Alex broke the kiss with a gasp for air.

Planting one heel on the bed, Alex used her hips to flip Conner over, and let the momentum pull her on top of the other woman. Conner reached for Alex, but her hands were quickly snared and pinned above her head. Looking down into dark green eyes, Alex felt her heart skip a beat as she took in the intense beauty of her lover, and then bent to once again capture Conner's swollen, ready lips between her own. Alex let her body relax onto Conner's as the embrace took their passion to a higher level. She tore her lips from Conner's only to move lower and taste the sweet flavor of her neck.

"You taste good," Alex moved lower, "and feel good," she slid lower still, "and smell good." Alex had lowered herself until she was now tracing circles around Conner's navel with her tongue. Alex looked up and saw that Conner was following the path of her tongue with dark needy eyes, and smiled as she bent to nip the soft flesh of her muscular stomach. As Alex was sliding lower on Conner's body, she felt a hand touch her shoulder, "Come here. I want to feel you next to me again."

Alex grinned and took one last nip of the soft flesh between her teeth, then raised herself onto her hands and knees, crawling like a stalking panther up Conner's body. When she came face to face with the dark green eyes, Alex relaxed, and leaned down to capture Conner's warm lips. Before she realized what was happening, she felt her body being catapulted across the bed. The surprise attack shocked her, giving Conner the advantage once again, and she felt Conner slid on top of her. Conner used Alex's own tactics and pinned her hands above her head before she had a chance to react.

"I intend to finish what I've already startedŠtwice tonight." Using her legs, Conner opened Alex's, and then moved down to capture a hard nipple in her mouth. She sucked it gently, and then flicked the tip with her tongue, as she brought her other hand down to seize the other.

"Oh, Conner, yes." Alex thrust her hips trying to bring her sensitive clitoris in contact with Conner's taut stomach. Conner reached down and pulled one of Alex's legs up as she moved lower, nipping and licking the dark, taut skin on her way down. As Conner reached the apex of Alex's legs, she leaned in to rub her cheeks against the soft thighs. Pulling Alex's other leg up, Conner placed her lover's feet on her shoulders. She pushed gently on each of Alex's thighs, opening her lover and exposing the hard nub nestled between the swollen folds. Conner slid her hands under Alex's hips and massaged the small firm muscles.

Alex pushed against Conner's shoulders with her feet, bringing her hard, aching clitoris closer to her lover's lips, "Taste me Conner, please"

Conner let a ragged breath escape her lungs, and the warm rush of air across Alex's clitoris caused her hips to spasm in Conner's hands. Conner continued to rub her cheeks against the sensitive skin of Alex's thighs, and in long slow strokes, licked the swollen lips that held the hard nub Alex begged her to touch.

Conner felt Alex's hand on the back of her head pulling her closer, urging her closer to the heat. In response, Conner took the wet swollen folds between her teeth and gently bit down causing Alex to again thrust her hips up, pleading to be touched. She raised her eyes, and saw the raw need in Alex's dark eyes, "Behave yourself. Do you want me to stop?" Conner teased Alex by flicking her tongue, just barely touching the hard clitoris.

"ConnerŠyou'reŠkilling meŠplease," Alex pulled on Conner head, pleading.

"Do you want me to taste you Alex?

"Yeeees, damn it, Conner, yesŠplease."

Conner could feel the involuntary spasms in Alex's hips, as she lifted the hot, wet center closer to her lips, "Then tell me Alex,"

A soft nip to the thigh, "Talk to me,"

A warm breathe against the hard shaft, "Tell me what you want me to do to you."

A long slow stroke of her tongue against the hard, wet shaft, "Is this what you want?"

"AhhhhhŠgodŠConnerŠ yes, lick me."

The endless teasing was as much torture to Conner as it was for Alex. When she heard her lover scream her name, she could no longer take the sensual pain and bent her head to envelop the hard nub between her lips.

Alex's hips bucked against Conner's face, and she threw her head back in sheer ecstasy as she felt Conner's tongue slid up and down the hard shaft. She gripped the sheets in her hands as Conner took her higher and higher. Alex was floating on a plateau of bliss, when she felt Conner gently slide three fingers inside her.

"Ohh, yes, that's it baby. Deeper, pleaseŠcome on, baby, deeper."

Alex felt Conner 's objection as she pulled back and bit her thigh, "Oh, I'm going to take you there Alex, but I'm going to take you slow," and then she bent and resumed the slow rhythm of her fingers in and out of the hot core. Using her free hand, Conner separated the swollen folds of Alex's outer lips, forcing the tip of her hard clitoris out of its protective sheath. She bent, blew softly, and felt the blood engorged muscles contract around her fingers.

"Conner, yes, that's it babyŠtake it Conner, please."

As if in slow motion, Conner lowered her head, gently captured the aching nub between her lips, and lightly sucked as she slide her tongue softly across the sensitive nerves. Alex arched her back, pushing herself closer to Conner's mouth, "ohmygod, Conner. WhatŠareŠyouŠdoingŠtoŠme?"

Alex seized Conner's head with her hands, and she interweaved her fingers in the soft silky blonde hair. "That's what I want baby, just like that. Ohhh god yes, deeper.

Conner's own senses were reeling as she focused on the feel and flavor of her lover beneath her tongue. She had always languished in the sweet taste of Alex, but on this night, at this moment, the juices of her lover flowed sweeter, and freer than she had yet to experience. Conner felt herself loosing control as Alex bucked beneath her. She felt Alex's hands guiding her, pushing her, pleading with her, to grant the release she so desperately needed.

Conner relinquished control of her body to the energy consuming her, as she pushed deeper, harder, and faster in to her lover.

"Ahhhhhh yes, that's it ŠyesŠyesŠtake it babyŠtake it."

Conner could feel the wetness between her legs, and pressed her hips against the mattress struggling to find some relief of her own. She growled with a primal need as Alex grasped her own legs under the knees, and pulled them higher and wider, opening herself up completely. Conner's response was hot and swift, as she felt herself suspended on the precipice of her own orgasm.

She felt the first spasms of Alex's orgasm as the slick muscles began to squeeze her fingers. Pulling back slowly, almost completely out of the warm, wet cocoon, she hesitated for only a moment before burying her fingers deep inside her lover, again, and again.

"YesŠyesŠoh ConnerŠI'm comŠAhhhhhhhh."

Alex felt the orgasm overtake her body. Every nerve ending screamed, as Conner continued to take her higher and higher. She seemed to stay on the apex forever, until Conner pulled back and with one long stroke of her tongue sent Alex over the edge, falling in to the abyss.

Conner lost all sense of time as she let Alex's orgasm consume her. She could feel the muscles seize her fingers, as she drove deeper, and deeper, and felt the sensitive nub beneath her tongue pulse as she continued the long gentle strokes. Conner was so focused on satisfying Alex that she screamed out as her own unexpected orgasm surged through her body.

"God, Alex, yes."

Alex felt another surge course through her body as she heard Conner cry out her name, knowing Conner had experienced her own orgasm from merely touching and tasting her. As Alex floated back into reality, she looked down at her lover, licking the remaining juices of her orgasm, from her. Her eyes looked further down she saw Conner's hips still thrusting into the mattress, and knew her lover still ached for relief.

Alex reached out and grasped Conner's arm urging her up, "Come to me."

Conner lifted herself onto her hands and slid up Alex's glistening body, and captured her lips in an all-consuming kiss. Alex could feel Conner's body trembling above her, and gently slid from beneath her. Conner relaxed and let her body fall to the warm sheets below her stomach. She moaned as Alex rose to her knees, straddled Conners hips, and leaned down to lightly nip the back of her neck. With a feather-light touch, Alex ran her fingers down Conner's spine, and she gasped when Conner's hips thrust up and made contact with her still sensitive clitoris.

"Don't tease me, please," Conner groaned, "I need you, now."

Alex bent and slowly licked Conner ear lobe, then took it between her lips and gently sucked, "I'll bet that's what you want me to do to you, isn't it?

"Baby...please?" Conner pleaded, and reached behind her to clutch Alex's leg.

"Now, now," Alex whispered, "Play nice, or I'll just make you wait longer."

"Noooo, nowŠplease."

Alex slid further down Conner's body, nipping, licking, and teasing until she reached the firm taut muscles of her hips. Spreading Conner's legs with her own, Alex sat back on her knees, and reached down to softly massage Conners thighs. She smiled as her lover lifted her hips in a wordless invitation. Gripping her hips, she pulled Conner up until she was settled on her lap, and heard Conner's moan as she pulled her lover back to rest against her breasts.

Alex wrapped her arms around Conner's waist, bent her head to kiss a sensitive spot on her neck. She reached around the muscular body, captured Conner's hard nipple between her fingers, and lowered her other hand until her fingers mingled with the trimmed blonde hair between her legs.

"You feel so good, Alex," Every nerve in Conner's body was shouting for relief, as she felt Alex's hard nipples press into the sensitive skin of her back, "Please touch me."

Alex reached down further, and softly ran her fingers across the swollen folds between Conner's legs, her middle finger teasing the hard nub pushing out through the wet slit. "Do you want me inside you?"

Conner thrust her hips out, "YesŠ.ohgod, yes."

"Well, tell me then," Alex dipped her finger between the folds, and slowly circled the hard nub. "Tell me what you want, and it's all yours." Conner grabbed Alex's hand and pressed her deeper, until both their fingers were buried in the hot, wet opening of Conner's core.

"AhhhŠAlex, please. I want you inside meŠ.godplease, Alex."

Alex turned Conner, and gently pushed her down onto her back. She sat there for a moment relishing in the beauty of the woman lying in her bed. Sliding her body on top of Conner's, she gently kissed her ready lips, "Conner, you've made me feel so many things this last week. I can only hope I've made you feel the same."

Conner reached up and placed her hand against Alex's cheek, "Ummm, You haveŠYou do."

Alex's hand trailed down Conner's body, and she could feel the rippling muscles under her fingers. She followed her path, placing soft kisses along the way until she had settled snuggly between Conner's legs. Alex lowered her head and ran her chin through the soft triangle of trimmed blonde hair, and heard Conner's soft moans as her lips began kissing the wet folds guarding the hard waiting clitoris beneath. Alex spread Conners legs wider, parted the swollen folds, and with the gentlest touch, ran her tongue the length of the bulging shaft.

"Ohgod, AlexŠyes."

Alex continued to lick and tease the small nub until it was swollen and hard, pulsing with every touch. She slowly pushed two fingers into the wet opening, and felt the muscles instantly tighten around her fingers. Alex knew Conner was close, but wanted to prolong the sweet torture as long as possible. She continued her slow ministrations, keeping Conner teetering on the edge.

"Alex, come hereŠKiss me." Conner's arms were open, and as Alex moved up, Conner wrapped her arms tightly around her neck, "I want to feel you next to me." Conner held on tighter as Alex continued to probe deeper and harder into her core, and captured her lips in a passionate kiss.

Their tongues met and danced, as Alex took Conner higher and higher. Conner broke the kiss gasping for air, and threw her head back as she felt the first spasms of the orgasm overtake her body. She rode the wave, as Alex plunged harder and deeper.

Conner opened her eyes to see dark blue staring down at her as she felt herself falling. "AleeeeeexxŠIŠohgodŠIŠI loŠahhhhh,"

Alex kissed her softly, "I know babyŠI love you too, Conner."

Conner felt the spasms rip through her body at Alex's declaration. She opened her eyes to see Alex smile down at her, then bent to place a light kiss on her lips. Alex whispered softly to Conner as she fell into the orgasm, "Let it go babyŠthat's itŠI've got you." She pulled out of Conner and slowly and tenderly stroked the pulsing shaft beneath her fingers until Conner collapsed, exhausted from the powerful release.

Alex continued to plant light kisses on Conners forehead, cheeks, chin, and lips, allowing her lover to savor the aftershocks of their lovemaking. After a few minutes, Conner opened her eyes once again to see Alex smiling down at her, "God, Alex, I love you." Conner reached up, pulled Alex down, kissed her deeply, passionately, and completely, as they shared their first few moments as committed lovers, then drifted off to sleep in each other's arms.

**************************************

Out in the darkness, Olivia sat in the sand, listening to the erotic scene being played out in the house down the beach. Her pulse had quickened, as she heard the passionate cries for release. The needing ache between her legs became almost unbearable, and she fought the urge to touch herself, as she heard Alex cry out as the orgasm raged through her body. Her nipples were straining against the binding sports bra she wore, and when she reached up to pinch one of the hard peaks between her fingers, she heard herself moan.

The aching between her legs only increased when she heard Conner cry out, begging Alex for release. She closed her eyes and imagined Alex's dark blue eyes, looking down at her, and let her hand slip between her legs. She gently massaged the hard nub through her pants, and could feel the wetness seeping through the fabric. Much too soon for Olivia, the headset went silent, and she groaned aloud as the burning need between her legs was left unfulfilled. She removed her hand, and leaned back heavily in the sand.

If you only new how much I've wanted you Alex. Soon, my dear AlexŠ soon.

When she had first laid eyes on Conner Harris earlier in the afternoon, her primal instinctshad taken over, and she vowed to see what the beautiful woman looked and felt like beneath those clothes. She had only been slightly disappointed when she saw Conner slide her hand between Alex's legs during their flight. Well, she thought, the night I had with Feryle in San Diego didn't seem to mess anything up between her and Alex. Of course, Feryle had no idea I even knew Alex much less that I was once her lover's partner. However, this time, I'll have to get creative, but with Monica's help I'm sure I can manage something to get little detective out of my way.

Olivia reflected on the memory. It had been a couple of years after Alex had moved to Jacksonville, Olivia had decided to look her up, thinking maybe since she and Alex were no longer working together, something could finally happen between them. She had flown to Jacksonville, and quietly searched for her ex-partner. When Olivia finally found her, she was disappointed to discover that Alex was living with another woman A little research told Olivia that the woman's name was Feryle Hughes, an architect and partner in one of the most prestigious firms in Jacksonville. A little more delving into Feryle's life divulged the fact that she was on the Board of Directors of a national architectural organization, and had a forthcoming meeting in San Diego.

Olivia had decided to follow Feryle to San Diego to see what she was up against, conveniently bumping into her in the bar of the Hilton Hotel. The two women, alone in the strange city, made small talk, as Olivia continued to buy Feryle drinks. It was obvious to Olivia that Feryle wasn't a big drinker, and before long, the woman was very drunk. Olivia helped Feryle to her room on the 39th floor. She had sat Feryle down on the bed, and was about to remove her shoes, when the woman pulled her down close. 'Make love to me baby' was all she had said. Olivia did, and had even enjoyed it until Feryle cried out Alex's name the moment the orgasm consumed her body. Feryle had immediately passed out, and Olivia had quietly dressed and let herself out of the hotel room, locking the door behind her and trying to push the touch of guilt she felt, out of her mind.

She had returned to Jacksonville after that weekend and silently waited, hoping Feryle's guilt over their little interlude would cause her to confess to Alex. Olivia had known Alex for years, and knew she wouldn't tolerate unfaithfulness from a lover. Perhaps, Feryle's infidelities would lead Alex straight into Olivia's arms. To Olivia's dismay, the relationship had not fallen apart, but had seemed to grow stronger.

She had decided to stay around for a while regardless of her lack of success with Alex. Before she knew it, she owned her own helicopter flying school and charter service.

She remembered the day Alex and Feryle had walked into her office. Feryle's eyes revealed pure fear when Alex had introduced them. Apparently, Feryle had been interested in chartering a chopper to take a group of prospective clients up to view a parcel of land she was attempting to sell. The three women talked for a while, Alex filling Feryle in on their former life as partners. The women had left soon after, and she had not seen or heard from Alex again, until yesterday. However, there was seldom a day that passed that Olivia didn't think of Alex. She never did find out if Feryle had confessed her sins to her lover, a question that had always hung in her mind, even now.

Knowing she would not rest until her burning desire was satisfied, Olivia pulled the small cell phone from her pocket and punched in a familiar number.

"Hey gorgeous. You wearing anything right now?"

A deep throaty laugh escaped from Olivia, and permeated the quiet night, "In that case, I'll be over in a little while, I have a quick errand to run first." She quickly gathered her equipment, and headed down the beach towards her car.

**************************************

She arrived at the dock a few minutes before 1:00 AM, and was leaning on a tie post when she heard footsteps behind her. She didn't bother to turn around, she recognized the limping gait, and smiled in the darkness, "Right on time."

Hernandez sighed heavily, "You didn't leave me much of a choice, did you Liv?"

"Umm, guess not."

Lighting a small cigar, Hernandez turned to face the woman, "So what is it that's so important that you have to get me out here in the middle of the night?"

"Well, I thought you might like to know I had visitors this afternoon. A feebee, and her sidekick wanting a chopper ride out here to see your little warehouse."

Hernandez sighed, "That's old news Liv, I heard about that 10 minutes after you landed in the adjacent field. Tell me something I don't know."

The woman smirked, "OK. They are going to hit the Container building. Seems the sidekick saw some of your men on the roof. That was a mistake Malcolm, my friend. I tried to tell you. One slip up by those goons you call guards, and that was all it took. I suggest you try to contact Sarantos, and move it back to the warehouse, or even better, somewhere else entirely.

Hernandez's voice carried over the water as he laughed, "You have to be kidding me. It took months to set this meeting up, and now you want me to just move it down the street. I don't think so. Anyway, I've waited almost a year to put an end to 'The Shadow' for what she did to my leg, not to mention what she's done to my business. I'm not going to miss this opportunity. The meeting stays where it is, and it's your job to make sure it's safe."

Olivia walked to the end of the dock, and hopped down into the small boat. "It's your ass Malcolm. Don't say I didn't warn you."

He followed her to the end of the dock, leaned down, and whispered, "No, my friend. If anything goes wrong it's your pretty little ass, so I suggest you make absolutely sure our security isn't breached."

She pressed the ignition button and the small engine sputtered to life, without a word she disappeared into the darkness.

Olivia arrived back at the car, and dropped down into the seat. She reached into her shirt and pulled off the tiny microphone she had taped between her breasts. She leaned over and retrieved the recorder from the floor of the car, and pressed the rewind button. When the machine stopped, she pressed play, and listened as her meeting with Malcolm Hernandez was replayed in the darkness.

She took a shuttering breath as she listened to the tape replay one of Hernandez's main purposes of the meeting the next night, 'Anyway, I've waited almost a year to put an end to 'The Shadow' for what she did to my leg, not to mention what she did to my business. I'm not going to miss this opportunity.' Olivia punched the stop button, pulled the tape from the machine, and tossed it in her briefcase.

As she sat there, she thought of Alex and all they had been through together, all the pain they had shared. She felt a gripping band of guilt constrict in her stomach for the things she had been forced to do the last year, as she thought of the woman she had admiredŠloved for years, possibly dying the next night. I couldn't stop it, couldn't even warn her. Gonzolas is dead; I'm no longer your little pawn Malcolm, and you're a dead man.'

Olivia leaned her head back and let the cool night air clear her senses. She thought back over the events of the day, and found her mind wandering back to the sensual sounds she had heard coming from Alex's bedroom as she and Conner made love. She felt the heat creep down her body and settle between her legs, as she started the engine, and drove the two short miles to Monica's

Oh well, if I can't have what I want right now, I'll take what I can get. Her speed quickened as images of Alex flashed through her mind, and she was soon pulling into the apartment complex, and bounding up the short flight of stairs to her temporary distraction.

**************************************

Chapter Twenty-Two

Friday Morning:

Olivia woke with a warm body pressed against her back. She had arrived at the apartment a little after 2 AM, to a very naked and ready Monica. The woman had pulled her through the door, immediately backed her against the wall, ravishing Olivia's mouth with hot, wet kisses. Eager hands tore at the buttons on Olivia's shirt, after the shoulder holster dropped to the floor with a thud by the door. The rest of Olivia's clothes were now scattered haphazardly down the length of the hallway having been quickly discarded as Monica pulled them from her body in her haste to get to the bedroom.

Olivia turned over and felt her spine crack as she stretched her aching muscles. Monica was always good for a nice round of sexual distraction, and usually had the power and stamina to quell her surging libido.

However, this morning, Olivia still felt a hot need between her legs. She rolled over and looked at the digital clock on the nightstand and saw that it was only five o'clock. Smiling, she rolled Monica onto her back, immediately capturing a dark brown nipple in her mouth, sucking it hard and deep while flicking her tongue over the sensitive tip. Monica opened her eyes as Olivia threw back the covers, pulled her legs apart roughly and plunged two fingers deep into the waking woman.

"Slow down Liv, what's your hurry?" Monica growled as Olivia's hands and mouth assaulted her body. She raised her hand to touch Olivia's shoulder but quickly found her hands pinned above her head. "What's the matter with you baby? Slow down."

Olivia could hear Monica's pleas to ease up, but ignored them. Nothing, not even Monica herself, could keep her from having what she wanted, the way she wanted. She tore her mouth away from the hard nipple only long enough to breath out , "Stop talking! I have to go soon and I want you again, now." Olivia recaptured the hard nipple between her lips, and closed her eyes trying to conjure up the images that had been so easy to see in the darkness last night.

In her mind, she saw Images of Alex screaming HER name instead of Conner's, and heard Alex begging HER to go deeper and harder. She reached down between Monica's legs and resumed the relentless pumping, hearing the woman cry out in pain. Olivia knew Monica liked her sex rough and smiled, interpreting the cries as encouragement as she began to pump faster and harder.

In the fogginess of waking, Monica didn't really comprehend all that was happening to her body until Olivia began the unrelenting, painful pounding. She had always known Olivia was good for some fast hard sex, but she had never experienced anything like this with her before. Olivia seemed possessed, using her mouth and hands to drive the demons from her soul. She knew trying to slow Olivia down was useless, and would only prolong the painful experience. Closing her eyes in defeat, trying to shut out the pain, Monica arched her back, moaning loudly as she feigned an orgasm, hoping Olivia would soon relent.

Monica fell back into the pillows, breathing hard, as she focused on blocking out the burning pain between her legs. After she had what Olivia thought was an orgasm, the woman rolled over on her back, pulling Monica on top of her. Grabbing Monica's hand, she thrust it between her legs, pressing her fingers into the slick wetness, and moaned as she thrust her hips higher.

It had been a long time since Monica had felt Olivia this wet, and silently wondered what had driven her to this frantic need. Monica knew when the woman beneath her needed hard, raw sex, and this was one of those times. She knelt between Olivia's legs, pushing them wide apart, and added another finger as she plunged deep into the hot wetness. Olivia's hips thrust up violently as she tried to take Monica deeper.

"I want all of you in me, NOW." Olivia stared at Monica with glazed eyes, as she reached down to grasp the woman's hand, pushing her deeper.

"Hold on baby, you're not ready. I'll hurt you." Monica had never seen Olivia so fiercely aroused.

"PushŠharderŠI need you in meŠall the way." Olivia's head was pressed back into the pillow, hips thrust upwards, open to the fierce assault she so desperately needed.

Monica continued to pump her fingers into Olivia, as she tucked her thumb into her palm. She reached up and pinched one of Olivia's hard nipples between her fingers, and clamped down hard. When she heard Olivia's cries, she slowly eased her hand into the woman, and slowed her pumping to the barest movement, knowing from experience that just the filling presence would send the woman over the edge.

Olivia was lost in her fantasy. Images of Alex flew through her mind, and she lost all sense of control as she felt the small hand completely fill her core.

"AhhhhŠyes babyŠthat's itŠfuck me, AlexŠfuck me."

Monica raised an eyebrow as she heard Olivia call out for someone named Alex, and wondered if this mysterious woman had been responsible for Olivia's insatiable need. Oh well, who cares who got her here. She came to me, and that's all that matters right now, She thought to herself, as she waited for Olivia's thrashing to slow.

The orgasm was longer and stronger than any Olivia had ever experienced. She could feel the muscular walls of her core squeeze Monica's hand tightly and the blood pulse through her veins, as the woman slowly pumped her hand inside. After what seems like eternity, Olivia felt her body relax, and slumped back against the mattress. Her chest was heaving as her lungs attempted to replenish the oxygen supply her body so desperately needed, and the arteries in her neck pulsed as they rushed oxygen rich blood to her brain.

Monica felt the aftershock spasms as she moved to pull her hand slowly out of Olivia. She knew the woman loved hard rough sex, but this morning had her somewhat frightened. She was watching Olivia as the woman opened her eyes, Olivia looked up at her with a blank stare, then rolled over and crawled out of bed, already in search of her clothes.

"Do you have to go already?" Monica leaned back on the headboard, and pulled the covers up around her hips. Olivia had never stayed around long after sex, but for some reason, this morning's tryst had made her feel cheapŠusedŠand Olivia's swift retreat was only magnifying the feelings.

Olivia retrieved her sports bra from in front of the dresser, pulled it over her head and walked to the door in search of the remainder of her clothes, "Yeah, I gotta go. I have a meeting this morning."

"Wouldn't be with someone named Alex, now would it?" Monica asked in her usual sarcastic tone.

Olivia stopped dead in her tracks, and turned dark, dangerous eyes back to face Monica. "And what if it is? That's never stopped you from fucking me before," she growled.

"No, it hasn't. But then again, you've never been quite like you were with me this morning, either."

"Give it a rest Monica, and don't pretend you didn't like it. I have to go. I'll see you in the office later." Olivia continued down the hallway, pulling on her clothes as she went, "Oh, and don't think that just because I kept you up a little late last night, you can be late for work. I have a charter group coming in at eleven. Tell Bobby he'll have to handle it. I'm going to be busy this morning.

"Yes boss," Monica yelled down the hallway, as she headed for the bathroom to shower. A few minutes later she heard the door slam, and knew she was once again alone in the apartment. She stepped into the shower, letting the warm water wash away all evidence of the strange sexual encounter. She reached for the soap and saw the bruises that were beginning to form on her arms, and hips. Jesus, Olivia, what the hell, has gotten into you? Monica stepped out of the shower, finished dressing and headed for work. As she was driving, thinking back over the morning, she wondered if she would get the opportunity to meet the mysterious Alex.

********************************

A little after six, Olivia was driving across town and pulled her sports car into a beac access road, about 100 yards south of Alex's house. She turned her car, parking to face the road, so she could easily see anyone driving in. Scanning the area to make sure she was alone, Olivia reached over, pulled the antenna up on the receiver, placed the headset over her ears and listened for any sounds indicating the women were awake, leaning her head back against the seat.

Her eyes flew open when she heard rustling sounds through the headset, and glancing at her watch realized she must have fallen asleep. Olivia smiled, pleased with her decision to place the bug behind one of the slats of the headboard. The reception was so clear she could hear the faintest noise through the receiver. What she was hearing now told her that someone was waking up, and moving around in the bed. She leaned her head back and through half closed eyes, listened as the sun began to rise over the horizon behind her.

********************************

Alex woke a little after six thirty as the morning light was just breaking over the horizon. She propped her head in her hand as she watched Conner sleeping soundly beside her. She gently caressed her lovers face and soon felt a warm stirring between her legs. Her hand reached out to touch a soft dark nipple and smiled, as it soon grew hard between her fingertips. Conner stirred beneath the gentle touch but didn't wake.

Alex continued with the caresses, letting her fingers flow across the lean muscles of Conners stomach and heard a soft moan as she traveled lower. Alex stopped, waiting to hear the rhythmic breathing resume indicating Conner was once again asleep, then continued until her fingers intertwined with in the soft triangle below. Even while asleep, Conner's legs parted and her hips tilted up seeking Alex's touch. Slowly she slid her hand between her lover's legs and slowly pressed a single finger between the already wet lips. Conner moaned again, this time louder, and Alex stopped her hand until Conner had once again settled.

Alex leaned in and placed a warm kiss on Conner's cheek as she began massaging the sensitive clitoris beneath her finger. She smiled as she felt the clitoris harden and heard Conner's breathing quicken. Conner moaned and arched her back as Alex continued to bring her slowly into the waking world.

"Ummm, baby," Conner mumbled in her sleep.

Alex chuckled as she remembered what a sound sleeper Conner was and pressed harder. Her slow deliberate nurturing was soon rewarded as Conner moaned louder, opened her eyes and realized what her body was responding to this early in the morning.

"ohmygod, AlexŠohŠyes," Conner's eyes were wide with amazement as she realized Alex had brought her to this close while she slept.

Alex kissed Conner lightly on the lips, "Good morning," then slowly slipped two fingers deep into her lover. Alex continued to place soft, warm kisses on her lips, as she watched and felt the orgasm consume Conner.

Conner's head fell back into the pillow as she arched her back, the orgasm surging through body. Alex slid her arm under Conner's shoulders and pulled her close as she felt the throbbing muscles seize her fingers in a tight grip.

"AleeeeeeeexŠyes,"

"That's it baby, give it to meŠUmmm yes, let it go," Alex whispered when she felt the muscles squeeze her fingers. She held Conner as the blood coursed through her body throughout the shuttering orgasm. When she fell limply back onto the pillow, Alex pulled her over until she rested in the crook of her arm.

Conner draped her arm across Alex's stomach, "I love you Alex."

Alex smiled and turned to kiss Conner lightly on the lips, "And I love you too, Conner HarrisŠI love you too." Alex pulled Conner closer and they once again fell into a peaceful slumber.

********************************

Olivia sat in the small sports car, and let her breathing and heart rate return to normal. Hearing nothing more from the house down the street, Olivia pulled the headset from over her ears, threw it on the seat beside her, and flipped the power switch to off. She started the engine and pulled out onto the highway. Glancing at her watch she calculated that she would have just enough time to get home and shower before Alex called to tell her the location to the mornings meeting.

********************************

When Conner woke for the second time that morning, all she felt was cool sheets beneath her fingers. She sat up, looking around the bedroom, and noticed Alex's robe was not on the end of the bed, at the same time catching an enticing whiff of coffee. She pulled herself out of bed and after brushing her teeth and combing her short blonde hair, she padded into the kitchen. Alex was sitting at the small kitchen table with her back to the door, reading the morning newspaper and sipping a cup of the delicious smelling coffee.

Conner crept up behind Alex and just before she was about to nip her on the back of the neck, Alex let out a deep throaty laugh, "Don't you know you can't sneak up on a shadow'?"

"Damn!" Conner bent down and gave Alex a slow good-morning kiss, "I can never sneak up on you. Your no fun."

"Humph, You weren't complaining about that earlier this morning." Discarding the paper, Alex reached out and pulled the sulking woman down to straddle her lap.

"Well, if I remember correctly, you were the one who snuck up on me."

Alex slid her hand in the front of Conner's robe and grasped a nipple between her fingers, "And I enjoyed every minute of it too."

Conner pulled Alex closer and captured the soft warm lips between her own, easily slipping her tongue between the eager, waiting lips. Conner could feel Alex's hips rise up to press against her as she slowly searched and probed. Their breaths quickened and Alex pushed the robe off Conner's shoulders, letting it fall to the floor.

Conner pulled back and gave Alex a deep sultry look, "I think it's my turn, don't you? Let's go take a shower"

"Hmmm," Alex leaned down, sucked an alert nipple between her lips, sliding her tongue back and forth across the hard orb, and then brought her head back up and stole a quick kiss, "I would love to but Donald is going to be calling soon. If we start anything, I might not be in any condition to answer the phone."

"You're a hard woman, Alex Montgomery." Conner slid off Alex's lap, re-tied her robe and headed to the coffee maker. Pouring a cup off the caffeine-laced liquid she sat down across from Alex, "How do you feel about tonight?"

Alex sighed heavily, "I feel a lot better now that we have some reinforcements coming in to help us. Donald really came through on that aspect of the plan, and Olivia, with her experience, will be a big help as well."

"Olivia has it bad for you, you know," Conner eyed Alex over the rim of her cup.

Alex rolled her eyes, "Olivia isn't my type, dear. She's always liked to play too muchŠnever stays with one person very long," She bit her bottom lip and slid off her chair to kneel down between Conner's legs,

"Anyway, I've found the woman I want to spend my days and nights with. So even if she does," Alex softly nipped Conner's neck, "she's out of luck, I'm taken." Alex seized Conner's lips and pulled her into a tight hug.

Conner opened her lips to accept Alex's probing tongue and soon their breathing quickened once more, that morning. Conner dropped her hand from Alex's waist and moved lower until her fingers mingled with soft curls. Conner heard a low moan come from deep in Alex's throat as she pushed her hips forward into the touch.

Conner, aware of the warmth spreading through her own body, slowly slid her fingers into Alex's hot wetness, and felt slick muscles embrace her fingers as she slowly probed deeper, "Do you know how much I love you, Alex?"

"Mmmm, yes, you're showing me right now," Alex tore the sash open on Conner's robe, and pressed their bodies closer, "You make me feel so good."

Conner continued to slide her fingers in and out of the hot wetness and with each stroke felt Alex climb closer to the apex. Conner's breathe caught in her throat when she felt Alex reach down and plunge into her deeply, curling her fingers up and pressing the sensitive spot she had come to know so well, "ohmygod, Alex."

"Hmmm," Alex moaned when she felt how wet Conner had become. Their tongues and hands probed and searched as they took each other to the edge. Alex, feeling herself on the verge of climax, tore her mouth away from Conner's and whispered, "Slow down, I don't want to come yet. I want us to go together."

Conner slowed her stroking as Alex increased hers, "You feel so good, Conner. I love being inside of you, feeling you squeeze my fingers."

Conner pulled Alex up, "Come here, sit on my lap. I need you closer."

Alex rose and straddled Conner's legs. Hands and arms brushed against each other as they began to probe deeper, and harder. Conner reached up with her free hand to rub her thumb over Alex's hard nipple. She smiled when she heard a deep moan escape Alex's throat, and felt her hips thrust forward pulling Conner in deeper. Their senses focused, blocking out everything except each other, as they moved together in complete harmony with one another. Conner could feel the first small contractions within Alex and knew she couldn't hold back much longer.

"Noooooo," Alex cried out as the phone on the wall behind Conner's head began to ring. Conner grasped Alex's hips, pulling her forward, as she increased the depths of her strokes, "NO! Let it ring, he'll call back. Please don't stop AlexŠplease."

Alex had begun to reach for the phone, but dropped her free hand back to Conner's face when she heard her lover's pleas. Lifting her chin with her fingers, Alex seized Conners lips and plunged her tongue deep. Conner's hips bucked hard against Alex's fingers as she let out a ragged breath, throwing her head back and crying out, "Now babyŠcome with me AlexŠyesŠohgod Aleeex."

Alex completely lost control as she heard Conner's cries, and matched them with her own. Bending down she put her head in the crook of Conner's neck, and bit down on the soft sweet skin, "Yes babyŠI'm thereŠgod you're so tightŠohŠohŠYeeees."

They continued to move in sync with one another as the orgasms swept through them, drowning out everything but the sensations simultaneously surging through their bodies.

When the inundating spasms slowed to gentle pulses, Conner pulled Alex's lips to hers and gently kissed the soft trembling woman. She felt a tear fall from Alex's face onto hers, "What's wrong baby? Did I hurt you?"

Alex smiled and shifted her hips forward wanting Conner to stay deep within her still pulsing core, "No, god no."

"Then why are you crying," Conner kissed away a salty tear as it slipped down Alex's cheek.

Alex placed her forehead against Conner's and softly kissed her lover, "Because you make me so happy." She brought her hand up to cup Conner's cheek, "I never thought I would feel this way again."

Conner captured Alex's lips with hers and they savored the sweet taste of each other, until once again, the phone started ringing on the wall behind Conner's head, interrupting their kiss.

Nipping the swell of Alex's breast as she reached for the phone, Conner laughed, "Tell Donald his timing sucks." Alex swatted Conner on the shoulder as she pulled the phone out of its cradle.

Conner, still buried deep inside Alex, rubbed her thumb against the ultra sensitive clitoris. Conner could feel the slick muscles squeeze her fingers as Alex gasped, trying to speak into the phone. "AhhjesusŠ Hello," Alex glared at Conner through a tight smile.

"No Donald, I'mŠahhh...fine. Just got out of the shower and I almost slipped, that's all." Alex grabbed Conner's hand as she continued to tease, silently mouthing 'stop it' to her grinning lover, but found herself pressing the insistent fingers deeper instead of stopping them.

Alex's hips moved on their on volition as Conner gently stroked in and out of the tight wetness. Alex knew she was quickly losing control and tried unsuccessfully to pull away, but Conner wrapped her arm around Alex's waist and pulled her closer.

"YesŠUmmŠOKŠWe'll be there at eleven. OK, Donald, see youŠ ummmŠsoon. Bye." Alex replaced the phone in the cradle and looked down at Conner who was smiling sheepishly back at her, "You-will-pay-dearly-for-that."

Conner looked back at Alex innocently and shrugged, "I couldn't help it. I got a cramp in my hand." Conner continued to slowly probe the slick folds and soon Alex was once again racing towards another powerful release. Conner leaned forward and lifted Alex, sitting her on the edge of the table, then kneeled on the floor. Alex could feel Conner's breath on her thighs as she drew closer and reached out to guide her lovers face into the warm wetness that longed to feel her tongue.

Conner hesitated for only a moment, before placing a soft kiss on Alex's thigh, before reaching up to part the swollen folds exposing the hard aching clitoris nestled below. Locking eyes with Alex, Conner drew her tongue slowly along the length of the pulsating shaft, stopping to suck gently on the tip.

"Conner, mygodŠyes," Alex pressed her hand against the back of Conner's head, pulling her lover closer.

Conner pulled Alex's legs over her shoulder, and rose up forcing Alex to lean back on her hands. Using her foot, Conner slid the chair behind her and sat, then gave Alex a teasing smile before once again dipping her tongue in to the warm juices of her lover.

Alex felt her body tremble as Conner's tongue slid inside, probing deeper with every thrust. She thrust her hips to match Conner's rhythm and soon found herself on the verge of another powerful orgasm.

"ConnerŠyes babyŠgo inside meŠplease," Alex's arms were trembling behind her and she struggled to remain in the half sitting position as she watched Conner make love to her, "Baby pleaseŠI need you inside me."

Conner's eyes remained locked with Alex's as she prolonged the sweet torture, "Soon babyŠsoon." Conner could feel Alex's legs begin to tremble as the first teasing pulses traveled up her body. She brought her hand up and gently caressed Alex's hip, sending her lover even higher. She waited until she heard Alex gasp, and then slowly slid three fingers inside the slick warmth of her lover.

"ooooohgod ConnerŠtake itŠyes." Alex's hips surged forward taking Conner's fingers deep. Conner resisted the urge to plunge hard and fast knowing that the slow strokes would prolong the impending explosion. She didn't have to wait long before Alex reached out and pulled her up until they were facing, to capture her lips in a long passionate kiss, "I love you, ConnerŠgod I love you so much."

Conner smiled and returned the gentle kiss, as she rubbed her thumb quickly against Alex's hard aching clit. She felt the muscles surrounding her fingers spasm, squeezing, as Alex cried out, "ConnnnnerrŠyesŠoh godŠit'sŠso slow." Bending down Conner sucked a hard nipple into her mouth and continued the slow gentle strokes in and out, as Alex rode the long wave through the orgasm.

Suddenly, with one forceful thrust of her hips, Alex's body went rigid, as the orgasm surged through her body. Throwing her arms around Conner's neck, she held on as the waves continued, and felt herself tighten around Conner's fingers, as she pressed deeper into her core. Conner continued the slow deep strokes until Alex's body fell exhausted against her.

Conner held Alex tightly as her breathing slowed. Only after Conner could no longer feel the aftershocks of their lovemaking, did she pull her hand away, and smiled as Alex groaned, "Ummm, I already miss you."

"Well, tonight when we can finally relax, I'll make sure you don't miss me," Conner said as she kissed Alex once again.

Alex's face turned serious as she looked down at Conner, "Promise me. Promise me that tonight you will come home with me, and make love to me until the morning."

Conner knew what Alex was asking, knew that even through there were no assurances either one would ever come back home, the promise needed to be made. A promise, that if for no other reason, but only to give them faith that the mission was going to be a success, that they would not lose each other, that they would experience more mornings like this one. "I promise you Alex, I love you with my heart and soul. I'm coming home with you by my side, I promise."

Their lips lingered on each other's as they consummated their promise. Taking a deep breath, Conner glanced at the clock, "I guess we had better be getting ready. It's almost 9:30." Conner reached behind Alex and pulling her robe back onto her shoulders, retied the sash, "You go ahead and take your shower. I need another cup of coffee."

Alex raised a brow, "WhatŠI didn't wake you good enough?"

Conner stole a quick kiss as she turned toward the coffee maker, "Oh yes, you woke me just fine. You can satisfy my every craving, except my body's addiction to caffeine."

Alex laughed, as she headed through the door, "Smart answer Harris."

********************************

They made good time getting dressed and into the car. Conner, deciding to leave her car at the house, climbed into the Jeep next to Alex, who gave her a sidelong glance, "I'm surprised you're not afraid to ride with me what with everyone trying to blow me up lately."

"Stop it!" Conner's words came out in an angry rush, "I don't want to hear you talk like that again, is that clear?" Dragging her hand through blonde locks, she drew in a deep breath and looked at Alex, "Anyway, if they get you then they get me. I don't want to be here without you."

Alex reached over and traced the sharp angle of Conner's jaw, "After the last few days my will to live is stronger than it's been in a long time. I intend to keep us both here, alive and kicking for a long time." Alex leaned over and gave Conner a gentle kiss before sitting back and fastening her seatbelt. "Let's get this show on the road, shall we?"

Alex took the expressway toward the city. The rush hour traffic had thinned out and Alex and Conner enjoyed the relaxed drive to the large suite Donald had reserved earlier that morning on Baymeadows Road. Donald had purposely delayed revealing the meeting place to further secure there was no breach in the security. Alex parked in the garage and felt a chill run up her spine as the memory of yesterday's explosion flashed through her mind. She shook off the foreboding feeling and pushed open the door, not wanting Conner to sense her uneasiness.

Alex knocked when they reached the designated room on the eighth floor. Donald answered and waved them inside, closing the door behind them. Olivia was leaning against the headboard of one of the large beds and raised one brow as Alex and Conner walked in the room. They made their way across the room and Alex dropped on the bed beside Olivia. Conner chose to lean against the nightstand between the beds and crossed her legs in front of her as she quietly studied her surroundings.

Donald was busy in the far corner talking to three men Conner had never seen before. Must be part of the Special Ops crew, she thought.

Olivia elbowed Alex in the side and grinned menacingly, "Glad you could join us Montgomery," she said in a whisper. "Have a late night?"

Alex looked over at Conner and winked, "As a matter of fact we had a late night, and an early morning Olivia," she whispered.

Conner had to bite her lip to keep from grinning at the surprised look on Olivia's face. Obviously, she wasn't accustomed to Alex being so forthcoming. Humph, Now maybe you'll get the hint that Alex isn't available, Conner thought to herself.

Olivia glanced at Conner and smiled, "I'm impressed Harris. Although from what I saw yesterday, it doesn't surprise me."

Conner could feel her face begin to turn a deep red, the heat slowly creeping into her ears. She was saved from the embarrassing moment by a loud rap on the door. Donald again answered the door and waved several more unfamiliar faces into the room. After another ten minutes of quiet discussion in the far corner, Donald called the meeting to order.

"Listen up everyone. I'd like to start by introducing the Special Ops Team. As you know I contacted Ben Owens at Quantico and asked for 20 of the best people he has for this operation. He could only send us 10, but they are the best in their field, and we are lucky to have them." Donald continued by introducing everyone. Gabe Watson, Jeff Goldberg, and Richard Blake were all well known throughout the Agency for their marksmanship abilities. Dennis Andrews, Victor Garrett, Tony DeTomasso, and Eric Quincey were all Recon specialists, and all held black belts in martial arts. Chuck Bannister, Ben Willis, and David Seay were all members of an elite Special Ops team focused on hostage rescue.

When Donald was finished, he could see a thin smile cross Alex's lips. He returned her gaze, and saw her dip her head slightly in a sign of acceptance and gratitude. Finally, I've done something right. Donald thought to himself.

Alex had worked with Blake and DeTomasso on past cases and knew them to be the best in their field. She was impressed with the team Ben Owens had formed. He obviously was as ready for this circus to be over as she was.

In minutes, maps were pinned to the walls, and folders passed among the members. Alex summarized the investigation from her first day on the case and continuing through the explosion, José's death, Olivia's involvement, and ending with the information they had gathered at José's house.

Conner's summarizations came next and before anyone realized, it was after 1:00. Donald ordered room service, and they continued to discuss the raid, and their plans. Bennie had motored Conner's boat up the river, and had her anchored out about a quarter mile east of the dock. Donald and Jack decided they would make the boat the communications headquarters, thereby giving them quick access to the warehouse by way of the river should anything go wrong and the mission be aborted.

Olivia had been quiet throughout the meeting, listening as the time line was discussed and prepared, and was startled when Donald asked her to explain the body mics she had brought for them. She demonstrated how to place and secure the mics, although most of the team had, at one time or another, worn such a devices and didn't need much instruction or preparation. She further explained that she had programmed the layout of the warehouse into one of the computers, and Jack and Donald would monitor each member's location, as well as everything that was said, back on the boat.

Olivia also added that she had returned to the warehouse and shot darts around the building so they could monitor any movement or conversations around the perimeter.

Conner spoke up, "Exactly what are darts? I heard you mention that yesterday, but I forgot to ask."

Olivia looked at Alex, and shrugged her shoulders, giving Alex the floor. "Actually the darts Olivia shot in are the results of a little experiment we did several years ago during a surveillance operation. Alex looked at Olivia and rolled her eyes, "Olivia here, was getting impatient with the lack of conversation we were able to pick up through the bugs placed in a house we were watching. Most of the conversations took place in the driveway, on the back porch, usually anywhere but inside the house."

"During the many hours we sat in the hot attic of the house across the street, she worked on her 'darts'. They are modified darts, just like the ones used to tranquilize animals shot from an air rifle, only much smaller. Olivia placed a spring on the end of the dart to reduce the impact the bug would sustain as it imbedded itself into a wall, a tree, or whatever."

Alex looked at the other members of the team and saw she had their attention, "Anyway to make a long story short, Olivia shot a few darts around the perimeter of the building, and we got the suspects on tape planning out a bank heist. A few days later, we were in the bank when the suspects came in, and foiled their robbery. Since then, we have used them when other means of surveillance didn't work, like now. We can't get into the warehouse to plant any bugs, so Olivia shot some around the perimeter in hopes of picking up some conversation."

A knock on the door announced the arrival of their lunch, and all talk and planning ceased as they satisfied their hunger and got to know each other a little better. After lunch, they sat down to finalize the evening's timeline. The schedule was set for Alex, Conner and Olivia to meet the Special Ops team at 8:00 in an empty garage across the river and about half a mile west of the Container building. Donald and Jack would dinghy to the boat at 7:00, and set up the communications equipment. A comm. check would be held at 8:15, and then they would wait.

Everyone had their orders, and began heading out the door. Olivia waited behind asking to speak with Donald alone. Alex considered her ex-partner's request odd, since she and Donald had only met last night. However, she shook off the uneasy feeling, and asked Olivia to call her later in the afternoon. Alex and Conner headed back to the precinct to get the latest results from the lab concerning Donald's assault, then home to spend a few hours in the peace and quiet, before they had to report for duty at the garage.

********************************

Chapter Twenty-Three

After going by the precinct to check on the lab results of Donald's attack, Alex and Conner arrived back at the house at about 4:00. So far, the evidence pointed towards José, but with him dead, little else could be done.

Alex walked into the quiet house, kicked off her shoes, and grabbing a beer from the refrigerator, headed towards the deck. Conner came out a few minutes later and sat down in the lounger next to her.

"I wonder why Olivia wanted to talk to Donald alone." Alex took a long drink from the beer.

Conner crossed her ankle and shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, I was wondering the same thing." Conner looked at Alex and saw the frown that had creased her face, "Probably, just wanted to clarify something with the communications equipment."

Alex sighed, "Maybe, but somehow I don't think so. I believe she is planning something, but I can't put my finger on what it is."

They sat quietly, for a few minutes, each lost in their own thoughts. Conner felt Alex gently grasp her hand, "Let's take a walk on the beach."

Conner let herself be pulled up by Alex's strong arms. Wrapping her arms around the taller woman, Conner lifted her head and captured Alex's lips within her own. The kiss was gentle and lingering, relaying the warmth and love the women had come to know with each other. "I love you, Alex," Conner's eyes were sincere and tender.

"I love you. Don't ever leave me." Alex's hold tightened around Conner's waist as they shared one of their last quiet moments before the mission.

Conner smiled up into Alex's somber face, "Never."

It was only one word, but the promise behind it caused Alex's heart to soar. "Come on, let's take that walk before I change my mind and ravish you right here."

Conner furrowed her brows and smiled at Alex, "Don't I get a choice?"

Alex pulled Conner out onto the sand, "No." Alex laughed and pulled Conner into her arms, "Well, not until we get home tonight, anyway."

They walked about a mile down the beach, talking quietly about their plans to sail the 'Shady Lady' up the coast to Blackbeard Island for a long weekend. Conner smiled as she thought about their first sailing trip. The 'Shady Lady' would always hold a special meaning to her because it was the first place she had made love to Alex. She had sometimes debated selling her, but that notion was completely out of the question now. The 'Shady Lady' was a part of their history together and would remain in their lives for a long time.

They returned to the house shortly after 5:00. As they climbed the steps to the back deck, Conner sensed a transformation in Alex. She looked into her eyes and saw the deep, dark eyes of 'The Shadow". Taking a deep breath, Conner slid the back door open and walked into the kitchen, "I'mŠuhhŠgoing to take a shower and get ready."

Alex only nodded her head as Conner left the room. She walked into her office, sat down at her desk and began searching for the folder Donald had given them the night before. Something wasn't right in Alex's mind about Olivia, she had sensed it earlier that morning but forced it out of her head, not wanting to question the trust they had built over the years. However, as she sat reading through the list of names in the Hernandez organization, a thought crossed her mind. Searching the list of names, Alex's eyes suddenly stopped, and she felt her blood turn cold as she read the name 'Angel Martin'.

Alex stared at the name, and closed her eyes in disbelief. Angel Martin, the alias Olivia had always used when she was working undercover. How could I have missed it? Alex questioned in her mind. There has to be an explanation for this. I have to figure out if she is really working undercover, or if she has turned rogue. Alex leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes, processing the information she had discovered. Her senses came on full alert as she felt Conner enter the room.

She closed the file and returned it to the filing cabinet. "I'll be back in a few minutes. I need a quick shower." Conner watched Alex leave the room and wondered why she was so distracted. Deciding that it must be part of Alex's 'Shadow' persona, Conner went into the kitchen to recheck her gear before they had to leave.

********************************

Alex stood in the shower and let the warm water cascade off her body. She concentrated on relaxing her muscles, mentally preparing herself for the night's mission. The few hours that led up to a mission were always the hardest for Alex. Waiting wasn't something she did well. She quickly showered, stepped out into the cool air of the room and grabbed a towel to dry her body.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Alex regarded her reflection. Her body, defying time and her job, still looked firm and muscular. Although there were scars, scattered along her back and legs from last years raid, most were fading and would soon disappear. The one she wanted to remain was a bullet wound that had penetrated her chest four inches above her left nipple. That scar she wanted to remember, and tonight she would get her revenge on the man who had put it there. Alex heard a soft knock and turned to see Conner step through the door.

"Hey! What ya doing?" Conner smiled and knew she would never tire of looking at Alex's body.

"Hmmm, just looking at all the scars this old lady has on her body," Alex moved to pull the towel around her, but was stopped as Conner reached for the towel and pulled it away.

"I love your body, Alex," Conner leaned to kiss the scar on Alex's chest, "Each one is a reminder of how lucky I am to have you in my life." Conner turned Alex around to face the mirror, "However, I don't intend on your getting anymore. I love your body just the way it is." Conner lifted Alex's arms, wrapping the towel around her, and kissing her lightly on the neck. Conner wrapped her arms around Alex's waist as they looked at their reflections in the mirror.

Alex swallowed hard, feeling the now familiar heat rise through her body. She smiled and reached back to caress Conner's face, "You are so bad. Even at a time like this, you make me want to block everything out, take you to bed, and make love to you all night."

Conner grinned, "Yeah? Well we'll have plenty of time for that after tonight," Conner nipped Alex's ear lobe, "Right now you need to hurry up and get dressed. We have a few bad guys to get."

Alex smiled as Conner released her, swatted her on the ass, and headed for the door. She turned just as Conner was closing the door, "Conner?"

The door swung open and Conner stuck her head back in the bathroom, "Yes?"

Dark Eyes met blue, "I Love you."

Conner took a deep breath and smiled, "I love you too, Alex Montgomery," She lifted an eyebrow, "Now, get dressed before I loose my resolve."

The women quickly gathered their things and headed out the door. Alex was driving North on I-95 when her cell phone rang. Flipping the cover, she saw that it was Sam, on the caller ID. Talk about bad timing, she thought to herself as she pushed the send button.

"Hello Sam!"

"Hey Alex. What's up? Kelly and I were just discussing the weekend and decided to call and remind you that you are coming over on Saturday for the barbecue. You do remember, don't you?"

"Uhhh, yeah. Is it okay if I bring an old friend? She doesn't know too many people in town and I thought maybeŠwell, if it's okay with you and Kel?

"Sure Alex, bring whomever you like. Who is this old friend?" Sam stressed the word old, making Alex roll her eyes.

"No one scandalous, I can tell you that. Just my old partner from Chicago." Alex thought she heard Sam choking, "Sam are you alright?"

Sam tried to calm the sudden coughing. Sucking in her breath at Alex's comment, Sam had almost strangled herself on her beer, "Yeah, I'mŠuhhhŠfine."

"Hey, if you'd rather I not bring her, that's fine."

"I just don't care for Olivia Morgan, Alex, that's all." Sam's voice was cynical and short.

"When have you met Olivia, Sam?" Alex was confused. She had never mentioned Olivia to Sam, at least not that she remembered, and couldn't figure how Sam would know her.

"I haven't met her Alex. I justŠwellŠlook, I need to run. We can talk about this later, okay, bye."

Alex heard the click as Sam hung up the phone. She flipped her cell phone shut and placed it back on the console. The conversation had confused her, but shaking her head she tried to push it out of her mind. I can't think about that now. I have to focus on this mission.

Conner saw the odd look on Alex's face, "Are you okay?"

'UmmŠyeah. Sam was just acting strange, that's all."

********************************

Sam hung up the phone and sat back in the recliner, thinking about Alex's former partner. When the hell did she surface again? Sam remembered a cold December evening when Alex and Kelly both were away on business. She and Feryle had decided to go to Antonio's for dinner to pass away the lonely hours. Feryle had been distracted all throughout the evening and Sam had finally asked what was bothering her. She sat shocked as Feryle recanted her trip to San Diego, and the subsequent meeting with Olivia again, a few months later at the airport.

Feryle told her how she had awakened the next morning, nude in her hotel room, remembering the mysterious woman, and what they had done. After considering everything, she decided not to tell Alex about the terrible mistake, thinking it unlikely that she would cross paths with the nameless woman ever again. Now she was wondering what she should do, knowing that Alex and Olivia not only knew each other, they were once very close. Feryle didn't know if she could live with herself, knowing that she had slept with Alex's ex-partner, even if she had been drunk and manipulated.

She and Feryle had talked well into the night, with Sam finally convincing her that the meeting probably wasn't accidental after all and that telling Alex was probably what Olivia wanted in the first place. Feryle had finally agreed and decided to put the incident behind her.

Sam took a long pull from her beer, got up, and walked to the window, What the hell are you after, Olivia Morgan? Whatever it is, you had better not hurt Alex. Sam shook off the bad feeling that had washed over her, and headed to the kitchen to start dinner. Kelly was coming home early tonightŠshe would talk to her about it and figure out what they should say, if anything, to Alex.

********************************

Alex and Conner pulled up at the empty garage at 7:15. They were almost an hour early, but neither woman could sit at the house any longer and decided to use the extra time to prepare for the rest of the team's arrival. Alex checked her Sig and Glock, satisfied that her weapons were ready, while Conner walked over to the window. Using binoculars, she searched the area surrounding the warehouse for signs of movement. Seeing none, she moved back to the center of the room beside Alex, "How ya doing?"

Alex glanced at Conner, nodded, and then looked back at the various pieces of equipment lying on the table. Donald had dropped off the equipment earlier in the afternoon, not wanting to arouse suspicion from anyone watching the building.

Alex selected two stun guns, handing one to Conner, "These work well when you can get close enough. They can put a bear down with little or no noise."

"Yeah, I took and in-service class last year, and these things were demonstrated, I like'm."

They continued to select ammunition, quick cuffs, tear gas grenades, and a few other items, before walking back towards the window. Alex picked up the binoculars and looked towards the warehouse, "We have movement."

Conner brought her binoculars up to her eyes and watched as a small sports car drove towards the warehouse. A lone figure stepped out of the car and walked the short distance to the door. "What the hell is she doing?" Alex didn't realize she had spoken aloud.

Conner looked at Alex, "Who? Do you know that person?"

Alex caught herself before she spoke out again, "UmmŠno, I just meant the person looked like a female. I wonder what they're up to?" Alex didn't like the idea of not telling Conner the truth, but she didn't want Conner rushing in gunning for Olivia. She decided to let things play out and see what happens. If necessary, she would tell Conner of her suspicions later, and they could decide what to do then.

Conner held Alex's gaze knowing her partner wasn't telling her everything. Before she had an opportunity to delve any further into the subject, the rest of the team started arriving.

Alex quickly made use of the interruption and headed over to greet the other members. She pointed out the equipment Donald had left for them, and started pinning the maps and floor plans on the wall. By 7:30, everyone had safely arrived at the dark garage, except Olivia. Alex heard Donald's voice over the earpiece tucked into her ear, telling everyone that he was ready for the comm. check.

Once they had completed the task, Alex asked Donald to call her cell phone. A few moments later, the phone vibrated against her leg, "Montgomery."

"Yeah, hold on a sec," Alex walked to the far side of the garage and turned her back to the group. "I just saw Morgan go inside the warehouse. Donald, what the hell is going on?"

"Shit." Donald hesitated, "Listen Alex, I couldn't tell you before, but Olivia has been working this case since you were hurt last year. She's been inside now for over six months, andŠ"

Donald's explanation was cut off by Alex's seething voice, "And what Donald, you couldn't trust me, is that it?"

"Alex please, let's not go into this now. Just know that she is one of the good guys and allow her some space to work. This can't be communicated to the rest of the group. It will only give them a false sense of securityŠwe can't risk that. I need everyone alert and on their toes." Donald let out a long harsh breath, knowing he had just lost what little ground he had made up with Alex.

"Oh I'll give her plenty of room, Donald, since you don't seem to think I can handle the situation." Alex was furious and had to concentrate on keeping her voice down.

"This isn't about you Alex, it's-"

Again, Alex cut him short, "Yeah, I know Donald, it's all about you and always has been. Well, I only have one thing to sayŠFuck You, Donald!" Alex slammed the phone shut and looked back to see the rest of the group watching her.

Alex met their stares, then walked slowly back to the window and picked up the binoculars, searching the area of the warehouse. David Seay stepped over beside Alex and looked out the window. "Was that phone call something we need to know about Alex?" He asked in a low voice.

"No, just a personal disagreement between Donald and myself," Alex glanced at Seay and read the uncertainty in his eyes.

"Then you need to put it out of your mind and focus on the mission," Seay knew he had no right to speak to Alex this way and hoped she wouldn't take offense at his concern. Alex's reputation was well known throughout the Agency, and he didn't want any flack from 'The Shadow'.

"It's over, okay?" Alex's eyes bore into Seay's and she could see that her point had been made. She turned to the rest of the group, "We need to get into place, and it's almost 9:00. Does everyone remember their assignments?" Alex made eye contact with each member, then walked slowly to the map, "Okay, Watson, Garrett, and Willis, take off and let us know when you're in place."

The three men hurriedly gathered their equipment and quietly left the building, as Alex returned to the window to watch. I'm coming for you Malcolm. I hope you're ready to die. Alex thought to herself as she looked for any signs of movement around the warehouse and container building.

Conner stood off to the side watching Alex, as she tried to figure out what had happened during the phone call to upset her so much. Conner could see Alex's jaw flex as she peered through the binoculars. Before she had a chance to walk over and speak to her, she heard Watson's voice whisper through her earpiece.

"Crab pots set. Let's move on up the river." Watson's coded message was meant to be meaningless to anyone inside the Hernandez organization that happened to be listening, and he had used an unsecured frequency to further throw them off. They had decided earlier in the day to make their conversations appear to be that of fishermen setting crab pots in the river. After each group went in, Donald and Jack would ease 'The Shady Lady' a little further up the river towards the warehouse.

Alex turned and watched as 'The Shady Lady' slowly crept forward, stopping closer to the far shoreline. Donald had turned on the running lights, not attempting to hide their presence, as one of the men on-board leaned over the side of the boat to look as though he was setting a crab pot. Alex turned back towards the rest of the group, "Goldberg, Quincey, BannisterŠhead out."

As the men headed out the door, Conner took up the spot next to Alex by the window, and raised her binoculars to help watch the buildings. Glancing back over her shoulders, she saw the others were on the far side of the room, "So, are you going to tell me what's going on between you and Donald?" Conner could see the muscles in Alex's hands tighten around the binoculars, and then she heard an exasperated sigh.

"Olivia's already inside," Alex whispered

Conner could hear the anger spill into her voice, "What do you mean, she's inside?" Her question was louder than she intended, and she quickly lowered it, along with the binoculars, "What the hell is she doing?"

"I'm not sure. Donald seems to think she's on our side, but I'm not so sure anymore. Stay alert in there, I have no idea what she is up to, or what will happen." Alex raised the binoculars back to her eyes just as she heard Goldberg's transmission.

"Okay boss, this one's set. Move on up."

Alex was impressed with the team so far. She knew they were out there, and still couldn't see any movement. She watched as 'The Shady Lady' eased closer and stopped once again about 100 yards from the end of the dock. "Andrews and Seay, head out."

Alex and Conner continued to watch the surrounding area. Soon, Andrews voiced the go ahead, and once again Alex saw 'The Shady Lady' pull closer. She could clearly see Jack leaning over the side of the boat, positioning another crab pot.

Things were going well. Everyone was in successfully, except for the four remaining members. Alex set the binoculars down on the table and turned towards Blake and DeTomasso, "Alright guys, I'm going to tell you something, even though I have been ordered not to. Morgan is already inside. Donald seems to think she is one of usŠI'm not so sure. Don't go in there gunning for her, but don't let your guard down either."

Blake looked at Alex and growled, "If she is one of us, then why didn't she say anything this morning at the hotel?"

Alex smirked and shook her head, "My thoughts exactly. Just be on your toes, and let's keep it clean." Alex watched as Blake, DeTomasso, and Conner looked uneasily at each other. "We are the only four that know about this. Keep it that way, I don't want any confusion once we get in there, got it?"

Everyone nodded their agreement as Alex retrieved the binoculars from the table and headed for the door, "Let's move."

********************************

Continued in Part 8.


Back To Main Page