Disclaimers: Mine.

Sex: Of course, and lots of it! I wouldn't recommend reading this one at work, guys. That being so: there will be "gasp" a bit of hetero in here. Sorry guys, just needed for the storyline.

Warning: I do not give permission for anyone to re-post this story anywhere with any changes, such as: change in title, character names, storyline, etc. I will seek legal action.

If you'd like to tell me what a wonderful writer I am or that I royally suck, feel free at: XenaNut@hotmail.com .

 

First Time

by

Kim Pritekel

 

Part 8 - conclusion

Blake sorted through the box of pictures, tossing anything with his father in it to the “trash” pile. The floor of the family room, where he sat cross-legged on the floor, was covered in papers, photo alums and separated pictures.

“What are you doing?” Randi asked, carrying a laundry basket filled with papers from the bedroom she'd shared with Shannon downstairs.

“Getting rid of him,” Blake explained, not bothering look up at his mother as another picture went sailing to the general area where the “trash” pile was.

Randi set the basket down and walked over to her son, brows drawn in concern. “Honey,” she said softly, squatting down next to him. “Don't throw your father away. What he did was wrong and he paid a heavy price for it, but he was still your dad and he loved you.”

Blake looked up at her with red-rimmed eyes. “He didn't love anyone but himself, Mom.” To prove his determination, he took the picture he held in his hands – Shannon holding a 7 year old Blake on his lap – and ripped it in two, tossing the pieces.

It broke Randi's heart. “Listen,” she said, settling in next to him, looking over the mountain of old pictures, many she hadn't seen in many years. “we need to talk about something.” She paused, trying to think of the best way to broach the subject. “I got a call from the hospital this morning and they're … finished … with your dad and are releasing him into my custody. We need to decide what we want to do. What kind of funeral do you want-“

Blake stared at her, incredulous. “Are you kidding me? You want to give that son-of-a-bitch a nice send off after what he did to you? Do you know how humiliating it is to know my dad had to be shot down like a dog by the police to stop him from killing my mother? I say bury the fucker in a paupers grave out in a field somewhere and forget about him.”

“Blake,” Randi said, warning in her voice, “Don't talk about your father that way.” In truth, she agreed with her son, but knew she didn't have the option to state her views out loud. Someday Blake would hate her if she did. “I know right now you're angry and hurting, but he was your loving dad a lot longer than he was … well, what he became.”

Blake calmed himself down. In some part of himself he knew his mother was right, but the biggest part of him hated the bastard. “I wonder if anyone would even come,” he said, tortured blue eyes meeting Randi's. “If we had a service.”

“I thought about that, too,” Randi admitted with a heavy sigh. “But, whatever decision we make, just understand that it's very final.” She met his gaze for a long moment then gave him a one-armed hug and a kiss on the cheek. She was pushing to her feet when someone rang the doorbell. Randi's smile was shy when she saw Canton standing on the other side. “Hi. Thanks for coming.”

“I'm glad you called,” Canton said, pulling open the screen door as she stepped into the house.

“Blake is here and we've already begun going through things.”

“I'm sorry, Randi,” Canton said softly, wanting to reach out and hug Randi, but truly wasn't sure what she should do. She hadn't seen Randi since she'd left early in the morning two days before. She'd left a couple voice messages for Randi, but decided to let Randi do what she needed to do, and give her space, no matter how torturous it had been for Canton .

Randi took a step towards Canton and took her in a warm embrace, a sigh escaping her lips as she was engulfed in all that was Canton . As she pulled away from the hug, she reached up and placed a soft, lingering kiss on Canton 's lips. She wanted her to know that despite the craziness of the other night, she had meant what she'd said. Canton gave her a loving, understanding smile and followed her in deeper into the house.

“Blake, look who's here,” Randi announced, leading Canton through the family room and towards the stairs.

Blake looked up from where he was shoving the discarded pictures into a black trash bag. “Hey, Canton ,” he said with a small smile and wave. “I got that fence mended yesterday.”

“I saw that. You did a great job, kiddo.”

“Thanks.” Blake got to his feet, feeling mighty proud of himself. The work of tending to Canton 's land was hard and labor-intensive, but he was finding that he loved it. “Hey guys, Wayne 's Coffee World reopened so I was gonna go get something. You want anything?” He looked from his mother to Canton and back.

Randi felt a ripple of aged fear pass down her spine at the mention of her employer, but quickly shrugged it off. “Yeah, black coffee.”

“You're so boring,” Blake muttered then turned his questioning gaze to Canton .

“Caramel macchiato, extra caramel and low-fat milk,” she ordered.

Blake raised a dark brow. “Um, isn't that kind of redundant? Extra sugar and less milk fat?” Canton just grinned. Blake shook his head and tugged his father's keys out of his pocket. Shannon 's Ford Explorer had been towed to the house that morning and Randi had bestowed the keys and title to her son.

Randi led Canton into the master bedroom, which was a disaster area as she went through every nook and cranny. Canton felt a little strange and uncomfortable being in the room Randi had shared with Shannon : they had slept in the same bed and had sex in that very bed. She knew it would childish to feel jealousy poke at her, so tried her best to push it down.

“How's Blake doing?” she asked, giving herself something else to concentrate on. “And, where do you want me?”

“If you wouldn't mind sorting through that mess of papers on the bed. They're all our tax information from the past ten years. I honestly don't know why I've kept it for so long. Anyway,” Randi continued, beginning to sort through clothing in Shannon 's closet, “If you can put the pages together for corresponding years and put them into stacks. As for Blake, he's struggling. He's got a lot of anger inside him right now. I guess that's pretty much to be expected, though.” Randi grew silent for a moment as she sorted through Shannon 's clothing, tossing out what she knew was old and worn and in all honesty, should have been thrown out years before. “I'm sorry about the other night, Canton ,” she finally managed to say, feeling foolish.

“There's nothing to be sorry for, Randi,” Canton said from her place on the bed.

Randi sighed, turning to face Canton , her back leaning against the frame of the closet door. “I know, but I do. I was all over the place that night and it wasn't right. I'm sure you probably thought I had lost my mind.” She crossed her arms protectively over her chest.

Canton stood and walked over to her, stopping a foot away. “Not at all. I thought you were a woman who had just gone through hell and were trying to find an emotional balance.”

Randi snorted ruefully. “I'm still not sure that I have.”

“And you probably won't for quite awhile.” She brought up a hand to give one of Randi's shoulders a squeeze, which caught her attention on Randi's arm. “How's this doing?” she asked, gently tapping the outer edge of the tape.

“I think it's healing pretty well.” Randi gave her a twinkling-eyed grin. “Wanna check it out, Doctor?”

Canton smirked. “Sure. Shall I send the bill here or to the apartment?” She carefully pulled the tape away from Randi's skin then removed the gauze covering. The wound beneath was still an angry red gash, but she could tell it was beginning to heal nicely. “Good thing you didn't need stitches.”

“Why?”

“Well, where this is at, you would have had a bitch of a time not tearing them open.” She re-bandaged the wound. “You should be able to remove this covering within a couple days.”

“Good. It's hot and itches,” Randi whined like a child.

Canton grinned. “Yeah, but the itching is just gonna get worse so be a good girl and keep your hands off of it.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Randi looked up at Canton with shy eyes. “I've missed you the past couple days. I got your messages, I just knew I wasn't in any frame of mind to be around or speak to. I've been trying to work through some things in my head while going through things here. I haven't even been home since it all happened.”

“I've missed you, too,” Canton said softly, bringing up a hand to pick out a lint ball from Randi's hair. “And, I thought as much and figured it would be best to give you your space.”

Randi grabbed Canton 's hand, holding it in both of hers for a long moment, looking at the long beautiful fingers, a fingertip tracing the veins and tendons that ran along the back of her hand. “You have such beautiful hands,” she commented softly. “They just look so capable and strong, yet I know how gentle they can be.”

Canton could feel her heart rate picking up just from the mere closeness of Randi, let alone the touch of her hands. “Thank you.”

Randi looked up into Canton 's face, stepping into her personal space as she leaned up, placing a soft kiss on Canton 's full lips. She had intended to give her a simple token of her love and appreciation, but once she felt those lips under hers, she knew that small, simple kiss wouldn't be enough. She reached her hands up and tangled them in Canton 's hair, pulling her down further to deepen the kiss.

Canton was caught up in a few different emotions: the first was bliss, as she'd been dying to kiss Randi properly since she'd arrived at the house thirty minutes before. Second, it was strange kissing Randi in the bedroom she'd shared with Shannon ; it made her feel bad in a good sort of way. She wrapped her arms around Randi, pulling her in closer until their bodies were pressed together, her tongue granted entry into Randi's mouth.

In the distance the front door could be heard opening and feet pounding up the stairs. Canton began to pull away from Randi, but not soon enough before Blake appeared in the bedroom doorway, smile frozen on his face and drinks held in his hands. Accusing eyes moved from his mother to Canton and then back, his jaw setting as he handed both coffee cups to her.

“I get it,” he muttered, turning and storming back the way he'd come.

“Blake!” Randi called out, shoving the cups into Canton 's hands before sprinting after him. “Blake, stop!” she yelled out, hurrying faster as she heard the front door slam. Out of breath and her heart pounding in her chest, she was able to catch him before he climbed into the SUV. “Wait, stop.”

He turned on her, face red with fury. “And to think I thought she was a friend!” he boomed. “I bet she was counting the days until those divorce papers were signed. I bet you both were!”

“Blake, it wasn't like that-“

“I bet Canton is glad dad is dead! Now she can move in-“

The slap happened so quickly it startled them both into stunned silence. Randi got her bearings back first, a trembling hand raising to her mouth, wide eyes focused on the red mark she'd made on her son's cheek.

Blake took a deep breath, his anger turning to hurt, even though he knew he had deserved that. He looked at her, unsure what to do or say next.

“I think we need to talk,” Randi said softly, turning to head back to the house, hoping he'd follow. She sat on the porch swing and waited for him to join her, which he did. She clasped her hands in her lap and tried to think of where to begin. “I do owe you the truth, Blake, but it's not what you think it is. I had intended to tell you but hadn't seen a reason to yet because nothing has been carved in stone.”

“Are you sleeping with her?” he asked, looking out over the carefully-manicured yard that had been his father's pride and joy.

How on earth do I answer this? Randi knew she had to be completely honest, but she also knew she had to be careful in that honesty and tell him what he needed to know to understand. Finally she shook her head. “No.”

“You said the two of you knew each other before, right?”

“Yes. When I was seventeen years old, I was at a party with Anne. Canton tried to pick me up at the party but I turned her down.” A small smile grazed Randi's lips at the memory. “She kept trying until finally I gave in.” She looked at her son. “ Canton and I had a relationship during our senior year and I loved her very much.”

Blake's head was spinning. Never in a million years would he have marked his mother as a dyke. “What happened then?”

“Grandpa Ben saw Canton and I kissing once he didn't like it.” Though Blake wasn't close to her dad, she didn't want him to think badly of him, either. “Things got ugly, and I wasn't allowed to see Canton again. I went off to college and met your dad.”

“Did you ever love him?” Blake asked, voice cold.

Randi thought about that and how to answer that for a long moment. “Yes. At one time I did. Your dad and I had a good relationship for a time, but unfortunately, that didn't last. Canton had nothing to do with my leaving your dad, Blake. Whether she had come back into town or not, I would have left.”

Blake took some time to digest what he'd just been told and seen. Finally, he sighed and looked at her. “Are you a lesbian, Mom?”

“I so hate labels,” Randi sighed, then turned to her son. “I'm a woman who loves another woman. If that makes me a lesbian, then I guess that's what I am.”

“So, you still love Canton, then,” he said, a statement.

“I never stopped. She was the proverbial ‘one that got away', Blake. Love is a crazy, fickle thing that you can't control. No more than you could control how you feel about Kerry.”

Blake nodded, understanding on a small level, but getting where his mother was going with the comparison. “Is it okay with you if I take off for a bit? I need to think.”

“Of course, son.” Randi leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek, brushing a few dark strands of hair off his forehead.

Blake stood and began to walk away but stopped, turning back to look at her. “You named me after her in the only way you could, didn't you?” he asked softly.

“Yes. That's why your middle name is Canton.” He nodded then walked away, leaving Randi to gently glide back and forth on the porch swing, looking out into the beautiful day.

“So, does he hate me?” Canton asked softly, stepping out onto the porch as she watched Blake drive away.

Randi sighed then shook her head. “No. I don't think he knows what to think about a lot of things right now, but hating you isn't one of them.”

Canton sat down next to Randi, handing her cup of coffee to her and sipping her own, the swing jiggling a bit with the action. “This situation has turned everything inside out, hasn't it?”

“Yes.” She looked at Canton, a sad smile on her face. “If you would have asked me six months ago what my life would be like today, never in a million years could I have come up with any of this.”

Canton returned the smile. “Me, too. I come here to restore my grandparents' old ranch house and look what happens.” They shared a fond smile as Canton stretched her arm out along the back of the swing, Randi resting her head against Canton's shoulder.

 

***

Canton pulled open the fridge door in her kitchen, peeking inside. “Okay, let's see what I've got to feed us. I've got sandwich stuff. I've got leftover mashed potatoes and gravy. Ummm,” she closed the fridge and opened the freezer. “Oh! I've got a Red Barron frozen pizza I can throw into the oven.” She glanced over at Randi, who sat at the breakfast bar. “What's your pleasure? I can also order something in.” She glanced at the clock on the stove. “It's not quite nine yet, so I'm sure we can get something-“

“Do you still like Fruit Loops?” Randi asked, chin braced on her palm. “I remember you used to be obsessed with Fruit Loops when we were in school.”

With a shit-eating grin, Canton pulled open a cabinet door to expose a veritable grocery store shelf of the sugary cereal. “You want Fruit Loops for dinner?”

“Sure,” Randi said, sliding off the stool she'd been perched on and walked into the kitchen proper, opening cabinets until she found the bowls, grabbing two. “Why not?”

“Promise her champagne and she wants Fat Tire beer,” Canton muttered good-naturedly.

“Hey, be glad I'm a cheap date,” Randi scolded, shoving the two bowls in front of Canton so she could poor the colorful cereal.

Moments later, they sat across from each other on the living room floor in front of the flame-dancing fireplace, eating their cereal. “Thanks for letting me stay the night,” Randi said around a mouthful of dinner. “I didn't want to be alone.”

“Don't thank me,” Canton said, letting the milk drain back into the bowl from the spoonful she'd just mined from the Fruit Loop depths. “I would have whined and thrown a fit until you agreed to come back home with me if you hadn't of asked.”

Randi grinned, crunching happily on her cereal. “So, is your office completely set up, yet?”

Canton chuckled. “No, so I guess you didn't get out of it, even with your incredibly creative and elaborate plan to stand me up.” She winked at Randi.

“Aren't you funny. Good. I'll come help you this week, if you want. I start back up at the coffee shop Saturday morning.”

“How do you feel about that?” Canton asked, draining the sugary milk from the bowl of her finished cereal.

Randi finished the last mouthful of dinner then set the bowl aside. “Mixed emotions. I don't want to have to step foot back into that place after what happened, but at the same time, it'll be nice to have a good distraction.”

“What are you going to do about your apartment?”

Randi's brows drew. “What do you mean?”

“Well, I'm assuming you'll be moving back into the house. I also assume your lease isn't up quite yet.”

Randi grinned, playfully toeing Canton's leg with her socked foot. “You know what they say about assuming. Honestly Canton, I have no desire to move back into that house. There are far too many bad memories for me there. Besides, it's a big house for just me; Blake's moved on and is starting his own life. Once everything's been gone through, I intend to put it on the market.”

For some reason that made Canton very happy, maybe feeling that Randi was truly cutting ties to an old life that hadn't included her in it. It sounded selfish in her own soul, but she knew Randi was her future, and lamented the fact that she had only otherwise been her distant past.

“What's swirling around that beautiful head of yours?” Randi asked, leaning back on her hands as she cocked her head slightly to the side, contemplating Canton's contemplative expression.

Canton was brought back to the present, a soft smile curving her lips as she shook her head. “Nothing special.”

“Well, Miss ‘Nothing special', let's get this cleaned up and go to bed.”

The two headed into the kitchen where Canton rinsed their bowls and spoons then loaded them into the dishwasher, Randi waiting nearby, watching her every move. Suddenly her earlier tiredness wasn't so important anymore. Likely it was the energy boost from the foot, but more likely it was the site of Canton, looking more beautiful than ever and standing not ten feet away.

Canton was surprised when she felt two hands come to rest on her hips and a warm body behind her own as she pushed the dishwasher door closed. She placed her hands on Randi's and brought them around her middle, pulling Randi in close behind her. She could feel the temperature rise in the room and she hadn't even looked into Randi's eyes yet.

“Let's go to bed,” Randi whispered, placing a kiss on Canton's cotton-clad shoulder. Not waiting for a response, she pulled away from the hug, grabbing one of Canton's hands and leading her through the house, making sure the doors were locked and all lights were turned off, as well as the gas fireplace.

She led Canton by the hand up the stairs and into the master suite, not stopping until the stood face to face next to Canton's four-poster bed. She looked up into Canton's eyes, seeing the love and desire that she was sure mirrored her own. Without a word, she let go of Canton's hand then reached for the hem of her t-shirt, tugging it over her head and letting it fall. Next, she reached behind herself and unsnapped her bra, the garment sliding down her arms and to the floor.

Canton watched, her heart racing and blood beginning to flow to regions south. Her gaze trailed over what was being revealed to her: the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. As Randi worked on the button and zipper of her shorts, Canton began to remove her own clothing, stepping out of her shoes then pulling off socks, panties and bra. She followed Randi – both naked – onto the high bed, where Randi had begun to tug down the covers, making room for them both.

Randi perched on her side, reaching for Canton and pulling her down until the brunette lay on her back. Randi moved on top of her, both sighing at the feel of naked skin. She found Canton's mouth, the kiss gentle yet quickly deepening, Canton's hands getting lost in thick blonde hair, holding Randi in place.

One of Randi's hands began to roam as the kiss continued, fingertips marveling at the softness of the hills and valleys that was Canton's female form. “Have patience with me,” she murmured into the kiss. “It's been such a long time for me.”

“It's like riding a bicycle,” Canton grinned, “and take all the time you need, baby. I'm not going anywhere.”

Randi left Canton's mouth, itching to explore long-desired territory. As she kissed Canton's neck, she truly wondered how she'd ever gotten through eighteen years of marriage to a man. At the same time, it helped her to understand how she'd become so numb and removed from herself.

Canton gasped as one of her breasts was palmed, her nipple instantly becoming hard at the touch, sensation passing through her body like a tidal wave, and they'd just begun. Lord, help me! “Yes, Randi,” she whispered, her hand finding the blonde head as it neared her breast. She gasped as her nipple was engulfed in warm wetness.

Randi was in heaven as she suckled Canton's breast. She'd forgotten how pleasurable it was to make love to her; her time spent with Shannon – since day one – had been about his pleasure, and how quickly it could be done with. Now, with her body pressed between Canton's spread legs, her mouth on her breast, she knew she could remain there forever. She'd found it difficult to enjoy Shannon's masculine body, no matter how good of shape it was in. The abundance of hair had been a complete turn off, and even the hard muscle and lack of softness had bothered her. Now, as her hand ran down Canton's side to her thigh, the soft skin under her fingertips brought her home, where she knew she would always be, no matter what.

Canton, for her part realized in that moment that no matter of how many women she'd been with in her lifetime – which numbered to levels she was ashamed of – none of them could be what she wanted or needed, and she had to wonder if that was why she'd tried to conquer so many: was she trying to find her Randi again? By taking hundreds of women to her bed, was she trying to fill a spot within her that became open and cold after she'd left Randi's dorm room. Had she been trying to fill something that she hadn't even known existed before she'd met Randi? Likely so.

Randi felt her heart quicken with slight panic as she kissed and licked her way down Canton's body, hoping that it would come back to her, what to do with her mouth, where to touch Canton to make her feel good and what to do to make her come. She shouldn't have worried as she made her way down between Canton's long legs, her smell bringing it all back for Randi: suddenly, she couldn't wait to dig in, as though a map to Canton's pleasure had been spread out across her heart.

Canton gasped, her hands clutching Randi's hair as her hardened clit was suckled inside wet warmth, a firm tongue batting the nub around then pressing on it before it was released, Randi's tongue working further down her seam, catching the abundant wetness it found along the way.

“Oh fuck, Randi,” Canton whimpered as Randi's tongue found a sensitive spot, then entered her. She let out a loud groan, her head falling back into the pillow, thighs opening wider in reaction.

Randi hummed into her work, bringing a hand up and inserting two fingers inside Canton's heated core. She and Canton moaned in unison: she'd forgotten the bliss of being inside her body. Her tongue worked on her clit as her fingers pumped, bringing Canton to higher and higher levels of pleasure, her release just around the corner. Suddenly, her thighs clamped around Randi's head and hand, her body exploding in a loud cry, her chest heaving as she gasped for air.

Extremely proud of herself, Randi kissed her way back up Canton's body, nipping here and there along the way until she reached Canton's mouth, where they shared Canton's tangy flavor. “Mmm,” she hummed, breaking away from the kiss. “I'd forgotten how much I love doing that.”

Canton grinned, her hands running down Randi's back until they finally cupped her behind. “You can do that any time you want to.”

“Oh, I'm sure I can,” Randi chuckled, moving in for another kiss.

Canton moaned into the kiss, slowly rolling them over until she was on top. “I want to devour you,” she whispered against Randi's mouth, giving her a searing kiss before moving on to explore her gorgeous body. She ran a hand down, slipping it between Randi's spreading thighs, groaning at the incredible saturation she found there. “You're so wet, baby,” she muttered against Randi's breast before taking the hard nipple into her mouth.

Randi raised her hips, meeting Canton's exploring fingers. She gasped as Canton eased two fingers inside her, beginning a slow rhythm even as her mouth continued to tease her breast, sucking her nipple in then attacking it with tongue and gentle teeth. Randi buried her fingers into Canton's hair, pressing her head deeper into her breast even as her hips worked the slow rhythm with Canton's fingers.

Canton pulled her fingers from Randi's core, causing the blonde to whimper at the loss. She painted Randi's other nipple with the wetness that coated her fingers, bringing her mouth to it as she re-entered her.

“Oh god,” Randi moaned, her sex clinching at that move and following sensation on her breast and between her legs. “Canton,” she begged, her voice breathy, her hips moving faster even as Canton's fingers stayed their steady, slow pace. “Please…”

“What do you want, baby?” Canton asked, kissing her way back to Randi's mouth. “What do you need?”

“Faster… Please…”

Canton took Randi in an earth shattering kiss as she increased her thrusts, pulling high-pitched cries from Randi, Canton's thumb rubbing against her incredibly hard clit with each thrust in, increasing the pleasure and pressure.

“I love you, Randi,” Canton murmured, her own words becoming breathy as her own excitement increased at the sight of Randi's body writhing under her touch. “I love you so much.”

“Love you, too,” Randi panted, her eyes squeezing shut as her hips rose into the air, her head thrusting back and mouth opening for a loud cry as her climax ripped through her, her entire body trembling hard enough to shake the bed. Canton held on for dear life, increasing the pressure on Randi's clit, making Randi cry out once, twice, and finally a third time, out of breath as she begged Canton to stop.

Canton held her to her, caressing her body with gentle hands to help her calm: hand moving from between breasts down to hip and back again, loving kisses rained down on Randi's face. Finally, Randi rejoined the world of the living, her eyes opening and focusing on Canton. “Welcome back,” Canton smiled, placing a soft kiss on Randi's lips.

Randi had never felt so sated, feeling as though she could purr, if only she was created to do such. “Thank you.” She pushed Canton to her back and snuggled into her, placing weak kisses on her shoulder and neck before settling her head under Canton's chin. “That was amazing.”

“Yes it was,” Canton agreed, hugging Randi close.

As Randi snuggled in even closer, she knew without a doubt where she belonged, and where she would be for the rest of her life. For the first time, she was whole and understood true happiness. Randi's brows drew as something occurred to her. She lifted her head, looking down at Canton's relaxed face. “So, where is your wonderful little friend?” she asked, her hand roaming down Canton's body until she cupped Canton's sex. “Do you still have it?”

Canton laughed, playfully batting Randi's hand away. “I have an ancestor of it,” she laughed, “back home in New York.”

“No!” Randi whined.

“We'll get another one! We'll get another!”

Within moments the most intense tickle fight on the American continent began.

 

********************

 

Six Years Later:

Randi felt so strange, sitting on a strange bed - though she'd seen it a thousand times before. The lace comforter, so delicate and tasteful. The bedroom furniture was white, painted by a skillful and creative hand, mainly that of her daughter-in-law, Kerry. She looked around the room, trying to decide what she should do. In truth, she should be getting ready for bed by now, as tomorrow would be a big day: an emotional day. Even so, sleep just wasn't about to come anytime soon, so she sat staring. Her son's guest bedroom had no TV, so it wasn't like Randi could flip on Letterman and chill.

Sighing heavily, Randi stood from the bed, pacing over to the one window, which looked out over the small courtyard outside the building her son and Kerry's apartment was located in. Something, however did catch her eye. She was stunned as she saw a dark figure lurk up to the first-floor window, ducking in and out of shadows until finally they reached Randi's window, a face suddenly pressed up against the glass.

Trying to stifle her laughter, Randi quickly unlatched the window and slid it open. “What are you doing here?” she hissed. “Don't you know it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding?”

Canton grinned, working on the screen: she pulled it out of the frame and set it aside. “Yeah, well I'm a bride, too so I figure our double bad luck will cancel the other out.”

Randi laughed, then put her hand over her mouth, glancing at the door to make sure she hadn't been heard. Turning back to the woman she'd be exchanging vows with in sixteen hours, she raised a brow in question. “What are you doing here?”

“I've come to steal you away for one last adventure before we have to become all proper-like.”

Randi accepted the hand that was offered, silently closing the window behind her and then Randi set the screen in the tracks, then grabbed Randi's hand, both stealing off into the darkness. Canton's black Hummer started up and screeched off into the night, Randi holding on for dear life.

“What has gotten into you, woman?!” she exclaimed, glaring over at the driver, who wore a devilish grin. “Our son is going to kill us if he finds me gone, you know that, right?”

“Yep. Though in all honesty, I'm more worried about an eight-and-a-half-month pregnant Kerry,” Canton admitted.

“Nah,” Canton waved her off. “I can handle her.” She grinned at Randi. “I'll dock her wages.”

Randi threw her head back, a bark of laughter escaping. She felt wonderful and so completely bad. It didn't take long for her to figure out where Canton was taking them. She snickered as Canton parked amongst the trees and the darkness of the woods around them. Canton locked the doors then turned to Randi.

“Let's get in the backseat and make out like a couple of teenagers.”

Randi giggled, feeling like the teenager she was when Canton had last spoken those words. “We're sure acting like a couple of teenagers.”

“All the more reason to do it, then.”

Without further ado, they scrambled to the spacious backseat of the large SUV, Canton dead center, tugging Randi to straddle her lap. They shared a passionate kiss, Randi's fingers burying themselves in Canton's hair, cut shorter now than it ever had been. At first Randi wasn't so sure she liked it, but soon realized it gave her partner a sexy, sophisticated look.

She pulled back from the kiss, nearly becoming a contortionists as she removed the flannel pants she was wearing, following by her panties, tossing them into the front passenger seat. Canton watched with ravenous eyes, her fingers working the button and zipper of her jeans, lifting her hips to tug them down just enough to give the phallus she wore plenty of breathing room.

“So, what if I get pregnant, baby?” Randi teased, climbing back onto Canton's lap, reaching between them to grab the cyberskin dildo, teasing them both with it.

“Guess we gotta have a shut gun wedding, then,” Canton grinned, her hands running up under Randi's t-shirt to cup her breasts, “Blake holding the shot gun.”

Randi grinned, slowly moving her hips along the length of the dildo, both moaning at her movements. “I'm a good catch, ya know,” she murmured, her words becoming breathy as her excitement grew. “I just passed the Bar exam.”

Silence filled the large cab as Randi lifted herself and positioned the tip of the phallus at her entrance. With exaggerated slowness, she lowered herself onto it, her gaze never leaving the adoring one of Canton.

“So I hear,” Canton murmured into the tender flesh of Randi's throat. “You can keep me in the extravagant lifestyle I'm accustomed to and I can retire.”

Randi chuckled, slowly moving her hips. “You will not. You love what you do too much.”

Canton nodded, finding Randi's mouth again. “Yes I do. I love you, too.”

“Oh, Canton,” Randi moaned, wrapping her arms around Canton's neck and deepened the kiss.

Canton's hand slid out from under Randi's t-shirt, moving down to cup Randi's behind, using her hips to thrust up quickly into Randi, their joined rhythm indicative of the raised level of excitement. Canton hadn't seen Randi for two days, and the loss had weighed on her heavily. She had no idea she could miss her so much, and truly wondered how she'd lived nearly twenty years without her.

Randi, for her part was lost in the pleasure and love she felt for the woman beneath her. She kissed Canton, trying to convey what words – no matter how beautiful and meaningful – just couldn't truly convey. It didn't take long before pleasure overcame them both, their breathing too heavy to continue kissing even as their mouths remained together. Finally, Randi threw her head back, her release rushing through her. A moment later, Canton joined her, right as her cell phone chirped to life.

They chuckled as Randi reached into the console between the two front seats, handing it to her partner, who brought the iPhone to her ear.

“Dr. Landis…” she gave Randi a sheepish grin. “Yes, Blake, she's with me… I know, we're bad, but-“ Canton's eyes bugged. “How far is she dilated?”

Randi quickly got the message, removing herself from Canton's lap and quickly dressing as Canton climbed back into the driver's seat, unbuckling the dildo from her harness as she listened, Blake's voice so impassioned Randi could hear it from the passenger seat.

“Alright, Blake. We're on our way. Okay, bye.” She ended the call and glanced at Randi, getting the engine started. “Honeymoon's over, sweetie. Kerry's about to have a baby.”

Randi and Canton ran through the sliding glass doors of the hospital, Canton asking at the front desk where Kerry Lehey could be found. Directions given, they continued on, Randi's heart about to pound out of her chest. My god! I'm going to be a grandmother!

By time they got to Kerry's room, the door was closed, sounds of a woman in pain muffled from the other side. Canton grabbed Randi, holding her close as they waited. “I can't believe it's finally here,” she whispered, resting her cheek upon the top of Randi's head.

“I know. We're going to be grandparents, Canton.”

Canton smiled, nodding. “I know.”

Tears burst from Randi's eyes at the shrill sound of a baby crying from within Kerry's room. Moments later the door was opened and a nurse hurried out, carrying a tiny swathed bundle in her arms. Randi couldn't take her eyes off the nurse, even as she disappeared down the hall.

“Allison Landis Lehey is finally here,” Blake said, walking over to the women, dressed in scrubs, a mask hanging around his neck.

Randi pulled away from Canton and rushed into his awaiting arms. “Congratulations!” she exclaimed, an emotional wreck.

Blake squeezed her tightly then hugged Canton just as tightly. “Eight pounds three ounces, Doc,” he grinned, looking every bit the proud father.

“I'm so happy for you and Kerry, Blake,” Canton said, swiping at a few tears of her own.

“Can't keep you two separated for a minute!” was called out from the room.

Canton and Randi exchanged a guilty look then followed Blake into the room, smells of a recent birth twitching their noses. “Hey, you can only wish you'll be so lucky when you're old like us,” Canton laughed, giving Kerry a careful hug from where Kerry still lay in the bed.

Randi hugged her tight, placing a kiss on her cheek. “Congratulations, honey.”

“Thank you,” Kerry beamed, even as exhausted as she looked.

“Here's baby Allison for you,” the nurse announced, all the post-birth duties taken care of. She handed the baby to Kerry, Blake perching on the side of her bed and leaning over his wife and daughter.

Canton saw Blake's camera laying on the bedside table, so grabbed it, pulling out the tucked away view screen and began to tape the new family. “Allison Landis Lehey's first night on earth,” she explained for later reference.

“Come here, Mom,” Blake said, motioning Randi over. “Hold your granddaughter.”

Kerry carefully handed the baby over, Randi taking her into her arms, eyes filled with wonder as she looked down into the tiny face of her son's child. With tears in her eyes, she looked at Blake. “Your dad should have been here,” she whispered.

Blake nodded, sadness in his eyes. “I'm sure he is.”

Randi placed a kiss on Allison's wrinkled forehead. “Welcome to earth, baby girl.” She turned to Canton, who was pointing the camera at them. “Want to hold your granddaughter, Canton?” she asked the lens of the tiny camera.

Canton nodded, handing the camera Blake then taking the tiny bundle in her arms, her heart feeling as though it would pound right out of her chest. “Hi, sweetheart,” she whispered, not sure what else to say. The wonder of the moment stole her breath away, let alone her words.

“Well, I guess we'll have to decline the invitation to your upcoming nuptials,” Kerry joked.

Blake felt his heart sink, knowing that was the case. He had an idea and bolted out of the room, only to return a few moments later, the hospital chaplain in tow. “It's not fancy, but it'll have to do,” he explained, turning to the man in Roman collar.

Randi and Canton exchanged a glance, the silent communication of the truly bonded passing between them. Without a word, Canton handed Allison to her mother's arms then turned to Randi, grabbing her hands in both of hers.

The chaplain opened the bible he had carried in with him. “We are gathered here today to witness the joining of-“ he stopped, heavy brows drawn as he looked questioningly at Blake.

“Randi and Canton,” he guided.

“Randi and Canton,” the chaplain continued. “Canton, do you take Randi to be your wedded wife, constant friend and faithful partner from this day forward?”

“I do,” Canton whispered.

“And do you, Randi take Canton to be your wedded wife, constant friend and faithful partner from this day forward?”

“With all my heart,” she nodded, her gaze never wavering from Canton's.

“They by the power invested in me and in front of these witnesses, I do pronounce you joined.”

Kerry and Blake clapped softly, not wanting to scare Allison, who was cuddled in her mother's arms.

“You may now kiss your bride!”

They laughed as Randi and Canton struggled for a moment to decide who would lead. Finally, Canton grabbed Randi and gave her the most loving kiss she could. “I love you,” she whispered against Randi's lips.

“I love you, too.” She couldn't look away, even as Blake escorted the chaplain from the room with a hearty handshake and his gratitude.

 

The End

 

Return to the Academy

Author's Page