~ I See You ~
by Lady D

2011

Disclaimers: All of the characters in this story are fictional. Two of the characters just happen to resemble the physical features of Xena and Gabrielle.

Love/Sex: Depicts a loving relationship between two female teens.

Violence: Not really… well you'll see.

Notes: PLEASE READ - Hi guys! So, this chapter is a few pages longer than the previous ones I've written. I'm sure you're bummed about that! Just wanted to let you know I may fall behind on the chapter updates. I have family in town this week. But if I find the time in between, I will post something for you all. Enjoy Ch. 6!

Please let me know what you thought of my new characters and their story!
Feedback: leidee87@yahoo.com

Chapter Six

Morgan sat a row behind Jax and his family in the large church. The atmosphere was heavy with sadness as family members and friends filled the entire space. The redhead sat between his mother and father in the front row. His head was down the entire service and when it was his turn to speak at the pulpit, he couldn't finish because he broke down in tears. His mother had to guide him from the front of the church, back to his seat.

When everyone was gathered at Jax's house, Morgan was so unsure of what to say to her best friend. Not seeing him on the first floor, she went searching for him upstairs. He wasn't in his own room, but in Gary's. Jax was sitting on the bed edge of the bed, staring at the floor. Morgan stood in the doorway for a moment and knocked lightly on the open door.

Jax looked up, eyes swollen from crying and exhaustion. "Hey," he said in a small whisper.

"Hey," Morgan replied, slowly stepping into the room. "What are you doing?" the brunette asked softly.

Jax glanced around the room and then he looked up at his friend. "I don't know… just… trying to be close… I guess."

Morgan nodded and sat next to Jax. They sat there a few minutes not saying a word to each other.

"This doesn't feel real," Jax whispered, breaking the silence. "It seems like at any moment he's going to call me or send me a funny text."

Morgan met Jax's gaze. His eyes were on the brink of fresh tears. "But he can't… not anymore… not ever again."

The brunette felt her own tears beginning. "Oh, Jax. I'm so sorry…"

The two friends embraced and cried into each other's shoulders. A part of Jax died along with his brother that day and Morgan could feel it. What saddened her most was that she could do nothing about it.

* * *

The following day, Morgan practically barricaded herself in her room, claiming to her family she just wanted to be alone. She was lying on her bed in deep thought. This had to be the worst week of her life. First, she found out Dana was dating some loser and then to make things worse, her best friend's brother dies. Morgan felt like her head was going to explode.

Suddenly, a soft knock sounded on her door.

"I said I want to be left alone," Morgan replied, in a settle tone.

"Morgan, its Dana."

Morgan furrowed her brows, not expecting to hear Dana on the other side of the door. The brunette sat up suddenly and ran her fingers through her hair, trying to look a bit more decent.

"Come in," the brunette called gently.

The door slowly opened and the blonde stepped into the room.

"Hi," Dana said, closing the door behind her.

"Hey… what are you doing here?" Morgan asked softly.

The blonde sheepishly took a few more steps into the room. "Well, I was worried about you. I was wondering why you weren't answering my calls or texts."

Morgan lowered her eyes. She had purposely ignored the blonde's messages. Mostly to be there for Jax, but a little part of her hated that the blonde went on a date. She was jealous and angry, and wanted to avoid the blonde all together. It was a childish attitude but that was how she felt.

"Sorry, I've just been," Morgan exhaled heavily. "Things are kind of messed up right now."

The blonde gave her a look of understanding. "Keri, told me what happened… with Jax's brother."

Morgan nodded solemnly.

"I'm sorry, Morgan. How is Jax?"

The brunette shook her head. "Not good. He's just…" Morgan had no words to finish her sentence.

There was silence between them for a moment. "Can I?" the blonde asked, gesturing towards the bed.

Morgan paused for a second and then nodded. Dana climbed onto the bed and sat right next to the brunette. Morgan immediately picked up on the blonde's vanilla scented shampoo and her body shivered at the blonde's close proximity. Hoping Dana would not notice, she ran a hand through her hair.

"How are you?" Dana asked sincerely.

The brunette turned her head and looked at Dana. Those green eyes were so compassionate and caring. She could stare into those eyes for hours. Morgan swallowed the lump in her throat. "Good… bad I guess… I don't know."

Dana grasped her hand and intertwined their fingers. Morgan looked at their hands and smiled sadly. The blonde's hand was so soft and warm. Morgan instantly felt comforted. She took a deep breath and exhaled.

"You should have seen him," Morgan began, trying to hold back her tears. "He was just so empty… and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't fix it." Losing the battle, fresh tears ran down Morgan's face and she helplessly shook her head from side to side. "He's hurting so much, Dana." Morgan looked into the blonde's eyes. "I just want him to be okay… I want Jax to stop hurting inside…"

"Oh, Morgan…" the blonde pulled Morgan towards her and the brunette cried into Dana's shoulder. The cheerleader held her close and gently stroked Morgan's back as the brunette let her emotions go. "Shh…it'll be okay. He just needs time."

The brunette wrapped her arms around Dana's waist and buried her face deeper into the blonde shoulder as she cried harder. Morgan had always been there to fix Jax's problems. She knew how to talk to him and calm him down in any situation. But death… that was beyond her reach.

After a few minutes, Morgan's tears slowed and she realized how intimately she was holding the blonde. Though she felt safe and indescribably warm inside, she slowly pulled out of the embrace.

"I'm sorry," Morgan whimpered, wiping at her tears. She sat up and cleared her throat.

"Don't apologize. I know Jax means a lot to you," Dana said softly. She continued to rub the brunette's back in gentle circles.

Morgan exhaled a deep breath. "Oh, this sucks…"

"Yeah, it does…"

They sat there another moment in silence and Morgan felt the urge to lift another weight off her chest. Her heart was pounding in her ears as she contemplated on saying out loud what she was thinking.

"Dana?" she said, before she could stop herself.

"Yes?" the blonde replied, removing her hand from Morgan's back.

Morgan bent her knees up to her chest and hugged them. "Um… I want to tell you something. Something about me…"

Dana placed her hand on Morgan's forearm and squeezed gently. "It's okay, Morgan. You can tell me anything."

Morgan swallowed nervously and then looked into Dana's eyes. "I… don't want this to change anything between us. I don't want you to freak out."

"Morgan, what is it?" the blonde asked, concern in her voice.

Morgan swallowed nervously and the licked her suddenly dry lips. "I'm… I'm gay."

The brunette's heart continued to hammer as she waited for Dana to respond. As they looked into each other's eyes, Morgan could see Dana processing the new information. Then to her surprise, a bright smile was on Dana's face.

"Is that all?" the blonde asked sweetly.

Morgan furrowed her brows. What kind of response is that? "Um, yeah. It doesn't bother you?"

"Not at all." The blonde grasped Morgan's hand with her own. "Geez, your palms are sweaty. You were that nervous to tell me?" Dana asked sincerely.

Morgan nodded. "Yeah. I didn't know if it would freak you out or something."

The blonde chuckled lightly. "It would take a lot more than that, Wolfie," Dana smiled, playfully bumping her shoulder against Morgan's.

The brunette exhaled a breath a relief and smiled, blushing lightly at Dana's nickname for her. At this moment she could care less if Dana had gone on a date with Patrick. The blonde was a good person and she felt lucky as hell to have her as a friend.

"Well… now that I got that out of the way… there's something else."

Dana raised her eyebrows. "You're full of surprises today."

"I have your birthday present."

The blonde smiled. "You do?"

Morgan shifted off the bed and walked over to her closet. After she had returned home from the funeral yesterday, she had finished Dana's painting. She just really needed to get her mind off of things and she buried herself in her art. Morgan was not even sure if she was going to give the present to Dana, but now she had a change of heart.

Morgan handed Dana a flat box with wrapping paper on it.

"Happy belated birthday."

Dana grinned, taking her present with both hands. "Thank you." The blonde took a closer look at the wrapping paper and laughed. It was of various cartoon cats with party hats on. "Of course you picked cats," she giggled. "You're still making fun of me."

Morgan laughed. "I thought you'd like that."

Dana began to carefully unwrap her gift and Morgan watched with nervous anticipation. Under the wrapping paper was a white box. The blonde lifted off the top and removed the paper surrounding the 12x16 canvas. When Dana's finally revealed the image, Morgan heard a small gasp.

The brunette did not know if that was a good or bad sign. She lightly bit her lower lip and shifted her weight. Dana carefully examined the painting. It was of two women. One was Dana and the other was her mother, Janice. They both had beaming smiles on their faces, each with an arm around the other's waist in a loose hug. Dana's mother looked healthy and alcohol free. These were happy women living a happy life.

Morgan stood a few feet away, hands fidgeting, trying to gauge the blonde's reaction. Dana said nothing as she sat on the bed, staring at the painting.

Finally, Morgan broke the silence. "I, um. I don't know," the brunette nervously sputtered. "I just wanted to give you a nice image to hold on to. Something that I hope comes true for you."

Dana lightly ran her fingers over the picture and looked up at Morgan. Tears were in her eyes. Alarmed by the blonde's reaction, she took a careful step forward.

"Dana, I didn't mean to make you cry, I…"

"No," the blonde said with a sad smile. "Morgan, this is beautiful. No one has ever given me something so thoughtful."

Morgan smiled back, suddenly shy. Before she could say anything, Dana was off the bed, wrapping her arms around her neck in a warm embrace.

"Thank you," the blonde whispered in Morgan's ear.

The brunette exhaled with relief. "You're welcome," Morgan whispered back, returning the hug.

She was afraid Dana would not like her gift. After a moment, Dana slowly leaned back and looked into Morgan's blue eyes. The brunette stared back at her and she thought she would pass out because they were so close.

Dana's eyes flickered down to Morgan's lips and back up again. Looking into the blonde's green depths, Morgan saw something she'd never seen before. It was a want. A question. Her green eyes were like fire. Their breaths mingled between them, neither one of them sure what to do next. Their lips were inches apart and the tips of their noses lightly touched. Just when Morgan thought they were about to kiss, the closeness was gone.

Morgan opened her eyes. Dana had stepped away.

"I um," Dana ran a shaky hand through her hair. "I should go," she said, picking up the painting from Morgan's bed. She carefully closed it back in the box.

The brunette shook her head slightly and released the breath she had been holding. "Uh, y… yeah." Morgan stuttered.

KNOCK. KNOCK. The bedroom door opened to reveal Keri standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Dana," Keri had a look of curiosity on her face. "My mom said you were up here. Why are you in Morgan's room?"

Morgan opened her mouth, but no words formed. Her body was still tingling from her moment with Dana. She side glanced at Dana, waiting for her reply.

The blonde shrugged and smiled lightly. "To check on Morgan. You know with the tragedy in Jax's family… I just wanted to stop by."

Keri nodded with understanding and smiled sadly at her sister. "That's nice of you Dana. I'm glad someone was able to talk to Morgan. It's a tough time right now."

"It is," the blonde replied.

Morgan pushed back a few bangs from her face and gestured towards the box Dana was holding. "Um, I also gave Dana a late birthday present."

The blonde slightly lifted the box and gave a small smile. "Yeah, she gave me a present," Dana replied in a small voice.

Morgan looked over at the blonde who had a blush on her face. Dana was clearly trying to avoid eye contact with her. Morgan then looked at her sister. She watched as Keri slowly looked between her and the blonde. Morgan felt the anxiety grow in the pit of her stomach. She knew the gears in Keri's brain were turning.

The cheerleader frowned. "You guys are acting weird. What's going on?"

"Nothing." "Nothing." They both answered, a little too quickly.

Keri raised an eyebrow and looked at her sister. Morgan swallowed the lump in her throat. She hated when Keri would read her like a book.

Dana chewed on her bottom lip for a moment before breaking the awkwardness. "Anyway," she smiled. "Morgan, thank you for the gift and I hope you'll feel better soon." The blonde said all this, barely looking at Morgan.

The brunette nodded. "Sure, and thanks."

Dana walked towards Keri who was still by the door. "Come on, Sherlock. You up for a burger?" The blonde asked, stepping out of the room.

Keri looked after her and then turned back to Morgan. Her face said, 'We are talking later' before she closed the door behind her.

Morgan stood, rooted to the spot. Did she and Dana almost kiss? The idea made her stomach flip flop.

* * *

It had been a few days since Morgan had given Dana her present… and the almost kiss. It had also been a few days since they had spoken. She hated to admit it, but it was obvious the blonde was now avoiding her. Her texts went unanswered, Dana rarely spoke to her during school, and hell… they didn't even make eye contact anymore. Not having Jax at her side was bad enough, but now it seemed her new friend wanted nothing to do with her.

Morgan was too conflicted to approach Dana about it. The thing she hated most in this world was rejection. All she wanted to do was talk to the blonde, but she felt like if she tried, Dana would feel uncomfortable. Morgan did not want to be a burden to anyone, especially Dana. So, if the blonde was putting in that much effort to avoid her, maybe their friendship was not meant to be. That did not mean it didn't hurt.

To occupy herself, Morgan put extra hours in at the garage. One reason was to get her mind off of Dana, but the other was to avoid Keri. Her sister has yet to corner her about the awkwardness she walked in on the other day.

The brunette was contemplating all of this as she stood in the steaming hot shower. Realizing she used all the hot water, she turned off the spray and reached for her towel just outside the shower. She frowned in confusion, not feeling where she had left it on the rack. "What the hell?"

She opened the shower curtain and saw her towel was missing. Suddenly, she heard someone clear their throat. Morgan's eyes whipped over towards the sound. Keri was standing by the door, holding her towel, with a smug smile on her face.

Morgan quickly closed the curtain more to shield her nakedness. "Damn it, Keri. What the hell are you doing? Give me my towel!"

"Not until you tell me what's going on with you and Dana."

Morgan rolled her eyes and closed the curtain, creating a barrier between her and her sister. "There's nothing to tell! Would you give me the towel please?"

"Nope. Tell me."

Morgan braced her hands against the tiles of the shower and sighed. "I don't know what you want me to say."

"Well, you're obviously hiding something. Otherwise, you wouldn't be ducking and dodging me. You and Dana have been acting weird ever since that day."

"I need my towel, Keri. I'm getting cold," the brunette whined.

"Tell me something worth giving it to you," Keri teased.

"Urrgh, okay," Morgan growled. "Maybe… something happened between me and Dana that day. Something that freaked her out enough… to not want to talk to me."

There was silence on the other side of the curtain. A few seconds later, the towel Morgan had been begging for was flung over the shower railing. The brunette pulled it down and hastily wrapped it around her shivering body. She pulled back the curtain and stepped out of the shower, meeting her sister's curious gaze.

"What happened?" She asked seriously.

Morgan sighed heavily and she felt her heartbeat throbbing in her chest. Should she tell Keri what she felt for Dana? The brunette was petrified of how her sister would react. She knew Keri was cool with her being gay, but what if she knew she was into one of her best friends?

The brunette swallowed audibly. "Well, first off… you know that I've been spending time with someone lately."

Keri nodded. "Yeah…"

"And I have a crush on them also."

"Yes… the mystery girl," Keri replied, her eyes swimming with realization.

Morgan took a shallow breath, afraid of what was going to happen next. "Well, what if I said… the mystery girl was… Dana."

The lighter haired brunette raised her eyebrows and gave Morgan a skeptical expression. "What?" Keri replied flatly. It was more of a statement than a question.

Morgan shrugged sheepishly.

"Morgan, no. Dana?"

The brunette looked down at the floor.

"Really?" Keri grimaced, raising an eyebrow. She wasn't disgusted just, shocked.

"Yeah…" Morgan admitted quietly.

"She's the one you went to the carni with? And the one you've been sneaking off at night with?"

Morgan looked into her sister's surprised eyes and nodded carefully. Keri lowered her gaze to the floor and furrowed her brows as if she were in deep thought.

"I've gotta get dressed," the brunette muttered. She brushed passed her sister and went out the bathroom door.

"So, did you make a pass at her or something?" Keri asked, following sister into her bedroom. She closed the door behind her.

Morgan stood near her bed and shrugged. "Well…no…"

"Then what?"

"It was the opposite actually. Or at least I think it was…"

"Really…" Keri replied, intrigue in her voice. She leaned back against the door behind her and crossed her arms.

"Yeah… uh. After I gave her the present, we hugged... and then when we pulled back she still held onto me… and then it seemed like she was leaning in to kiss me."

"What?!" the lighter brunette practically shrieked. "But she's straight!"

Morgan shrugged and gave Keri a baffled expression. "From the look she was giving me in that moment… it didn't seem like it."

"Wow. So, little Dana might be batting for the other team," Keri commented with a small smile. "Did you kiss?"

"No. She panicked I guess and then backed away from me. That's when you came in."

Keri took a moment to take in the information. "Geez, no wonder you guys were acting so weird."

"Yeah," Morgan wrapped the towel more securely around her body. "Anyway, can you scram? I need to get dressed."

"So, you haven't spoken to her since?" Keri asked, ignoring her sister's request.

"No, I haven't... she's been avoiding me so… if she wants nothing to do with me, I'm not going to try and force myself into her life."

Keri looked thoughtful. "Hmm… that's very noble of you. And stupid."

Morgan frowned. "What?"

"You need to talk to her. Find out why she almost kissed you. Maybe there's something there. Personally, I would be okay if you guys hooked up. It would take me awhile to get used to it but… I know you're like… totally in love with her. I can tell. Every time you talk about her you get--"

"Keri, would you get out!" Morgan demanded, interrupting her sister's rambling.

"Talk to her."

The brunette huffed and shook her head. "I can't."

"Well, then I'll talk to her."

"No!"

Keri opened the bedroom door and headed out. "I think I will," the cheerleader sang.

Morgan quickly scurried over to her sister, grabbing her arm and holding her towel around her body with the other. "Keri. Please don't okay? Don't say anything…I'm begging you. Just… stay out it. Please."

Keri thought for a moment and then decided to take pity. "Fine, I won't say anything."

The brunette blew out a breath of relief. "Thank you."

Morgan expected her sister to back away and leave the room but when Keri stood there smiling at her she furrowed her brows in confusion. "What?"

"I was just thinking… you and Dana would make a cute couple."

"Would you get out!" She pushed her giggling sister into the hallway and closed the door.

Morgan leaned against the door and sighed. That went well. Keri now knew about her secret crush on Dana. The brunette was expecting more of a reaction but Keri said she would be okay with it if she and Dana dated. The brunette shook her head and began to get dressed. Her dating Dana? That would never happen. The blonde wouldn't even talk to her now. Morgan pushed herself off the door and began to get dressed.

***************

A couple more days passed after Morgan had revealed her feelings about Dana to her sister. Keri made good on her promise to not talk to the blonde about it because nothing came of their conversation. Dana was still making herself scarce whenever Morgan was around and it was heartbreaking. Talk about girl loses girl.

It was just past noon on a Saturday when Morgan was working in the garage. She was looking over some paperwork in the office when her father walked in.

"Hey, Morg. Did you start on that oil change for the Robbins'car? They're picking it up in an hour."

Morgan nodded and closed the folder of papers in front of her. "I was just about to start on it."

Fifteen minutes later, Morgan was hard at work under the Robbins' vehicle. She did not hear the footsteps approaching her. Suddenly, she felt someone lightly tap one of her legs. The touch startled her, causing her to lurch forward, hitting her head on hard metal under the car.

"Ow!" she growled. Hurt and now really pissed off, she quickly rolled from under the car to see who had interrupted her work. "Jesus! What the he--" Her words of anger faltered when she saw unsure green eyes looking down at her.

"Hi."

The brunette lowered her eyes and looked back up again. "Hey," Morgan quietly replied.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Are you okay?" Dana asked carefully.

The brunette shook her head slightly, feeling a throbbing pain above her left eyebrow. "Yeah, I'm fine," she replied tiredly.

Dana's expression went from concerned to alarm. "No, you're not. You're bleeding."

Morgan went to touch her injury but Dana stopped her. "No, no don't touch it. Your hands are dirty. You have to clean that so it won't get infected."

Before Morgan could reply, Dana was pulling her up by her forearm, helping her off of the creeper.

"Do you have a first-aid kit anywhere?" The blonde asked, taking charge of the situation.

"Yeah, in the office back here." Morgan led the way and pointed out where the first aid kit was. As soon as Dana got what she needed she told the brunette to sit down in one of the office chairs.

Morgan watched the blonde's movements as Dana got the kit supplies ready for use. Was the blonde really here right now? Or was this a dream. Though Morgan was thankful of Dana's help, she was still really troubled by the blonde's recent behavior. Why was Dana now acknowledging her after weeks of silence?

"So, you're talking to me again…" Morgan said, as Dana cleaned her wound.

The blonde smiled sadly and looked into Morgan's eyes. "I am." Dana inhaled a nervous breath through her nose and exhaled. "I… actually wanted to see if you wanted to talk somewhere private. Like our spot in the park maybe?"

Morgan furrowed her brows. "Dana… you haven't spoken to me all this time… and now you want to talk?" the brunette said a bit harsher than she intended.

The blonde flinched a bit and her expression dropped as she placed the butterfly band-aid on Morgan's cut.

"I'm sorry," Morgan muttered, regretting her slight outburst.

Dana took a step back and wrapped her arms around herself and ducked her eyes. "No, I'm sorry. I've been such a bitch to you."

Their eyes met and what little bit of animosity Morgan was feeling towards the blonde instantly disappeared. Those green eyes held sadness and regret.

"That's why I wanted to explain things to you. If you'll let me," Dana spoke softly.

Minutes later, Morgan was leading Dana through the maze of the town's junkyard. She stepped over to an abandoned vehicle and placed her hand on the handle to the backseat.

"Chrysler."

"What?" the brunette asked, turning to the blonde behind her.

"This is a 1983 Chrysler 5th Avenue," Dana said, indicating the car.

Morgan couldn't help but smile softly at the blonde because she was correct. Dana blushed shyly and ducked her eyes trying to hide her smile. The brunette chuckled lightly, thinking the blonde was cute whenever she blushed.

She turned back towards the car and opened the backseat door. "This is where me and Jax come to talk about stuff." She gestured towards the inside of the car. "After you."

Dana climbed into the backseat of the broken down vehicle. She scooted over behind the driver's side so Morgan could sit beside her. The brunette closed the door and exhaled a breath. She was nervous about what the blonde had to say to her. All was silent except their settle breathes. The blonde had her fingers laced together in her lap and was looking down.

"This is kind of cozy," Dana said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, it's one of the only cars that Jax and I found that still has seats in it."

There was another spell of silence between them. Morgan looked over at Dana, who seemed to be in deep thought. "So," the brunette began. "You wanted to talk…"

Dana's hands began to fidget a bit. "Yeah, um…" The blonde finally looked up and their eyes met. "Look, Morgan… I know lately it seems like I've been avoiding you…"

Morgan lowered her eyes sadly, no longer able to look into the blonde's eyes.

"Well… I have been avoiding you… and I'm sorry."

"What did I do wrong?" the brunette asked suddenly.

"Nothing. You did nothing wrong. It's just…" Dana sighed and met the brunette's gaze. "I really like spending time with you, Morgan. You're such a good friend."

The brunette nodded slowly and gave a ghost of a smile. She waited for Dana to continue.

The blonde shyly cast her eyes down to her lap and began to fidget with her hands. "I feel really comfortable with you… and safe. I've never felt that with anyone in my life…" the blonde spoke softly.

Morgan exhaled a breath she did not realize she was holding. The blonde was saying exactly what she was feeling. "Dana…" the brunette began.

"…but what happened the other day… when we almost…"

Morgan nodded and exhaled a breath. "Yeah…"

"I'm just so confused," the blonde grumbled in a defeat.

The brunette regarded Dana for a moment. "About what?"

The blonde shrugged. "You. Our friendship. I mean… I don't know what I mean. This is so hard to explain."

"Try," Morgan said softly. She was becoming confused herself.

Dana looked down at her hands and was silent for a moment. Morgan continued to wait patiently. "I'm having these feelings… feelings that… I usually have for guys. I mean… at least I thought I had them." The blonde looked at Morgan. "I've always liked guys."

Morgan's heart constricted hearing the blonde's declaration and she looked down unable to stare into those green eyes she adored. "Guys like Patrick," the brunette muttered quietly.

"What?" the blonde asked, not quite hearing Morgan's words.

"You and Patrick… I know you had a date with him… so you like him right?" Morgan tried to keep the bitterness out of her voice.

"I did go on one date with him, yes… but I don't like him. In fact, that was the worst date I've ever been on. We had nothing in common and it was just, awkward. He didn't even make me laugh once. And when the date was over all I wanted to do was… talk to you."

The brunette looked up and met Dana's eyes. "You did?"

"Yes… because you're the person who I can talk to about anything and who makes me laugh…"

Morgan smiled softly. She was touched by the blonde's words. "So, what are you trying to say?" the brunette asked gently.

"That I like you… and these feelings I have are way stronger than the ones I've ever had for a guy. I've never really felt this way before. Not with anyone… just you."

The brunette's heart skipped a beat and she met Dana's gaze. The blonde looked so vulnerable.

"I don't know why I almost kissed you that day." The blonde's voice sounded almost pleading. "I thought maybe it was because I was so touched by that sweet gift you gave me… or because you had just told me that you were gay and I thought… I don't know that maybe… you wanted me to."

Morgan shook her head. "Dana. Just because I told you I was gay doesn't mean I expect anything from you--"

"No, I know. I know that," Dana quickly replied. The blonde inhaled a shaky breath and slowly exhaled.

The brunette nodded.

"But I can't stop thinking…" Dana's words faltered.

"What?" the brunette whispered. Morgan studied the blonde, watching different emotions and thoughts run through Dana's mind. The blonde lightly bit her bottom lip and slowly released it.

Dana looked into her eyes once more. "That… I really want to kiss you right now."

Morgan's breath hitched in her chest and she stared into the green eyes before her. There was that look again. Her heart beat increased as Dana scooted closer to her on the seat, their eyes never breaking contact. The brunette's heart fluttered when she felt Dana lean in and brush her lips against her cheek. The close proximity of the blonde was making her internally shiver and her senses where on overload. Dana's vanilla scent, the heat radiating off her, the feel of Dana's breath on her cheek. It was overwhelming.

She closed her eyes for a moment and then she slowly opened them. Soft green eyes were looking back at her. Morgan felt an overwhelming draw to the blonde and she leaned forward. Dana met her halfway. Their lips shyly met for the first time and they shared a gentle kiss. Morgan felt her world turn upside down. Dana's lips were so soft and it felt so right. Her entire body tingled and her heart was beating fast. They slowly backed away and opened their eyes.

No words were spoken. They just stared into each other's eyes, both feeling the intensity of the moment.

Dana smiled softly and she snuggled her forehead again Morgan's. The brunette closed her eyes enjoying the intimate closeness. She was speechless. This was better than any of her dreams and fantasies. Nothing could compare to the real thing. The blonde backed away slightly and her eyes landed on the Morgan's bandaged cut. "I'm so sorry I made you do that," the blonde pouted sympathetically.

Morgan turned up the corners of her mouth slightly and shook her head. "Rule number one when you're in a mechanic's shop. Don't scare the mechanic."

Dana laughed lightly. "I'll keep that in mind."

Dana reached up and gently tracing the injury with her fingertips, careful not to apply pressure. Morgan closed her eyes once more as the blonde placed a soft kiss on the band-aid. She then leaned in a placed a sweet peck on the brunette's lips.

Morgan's heart skipped a beat seeing the blonde act so enduring. They stared into each other's eyes. "Dana…" she whispered.

Their breathes mingled once more and they both flickered their eyes down to each other's lips. Slowly, their lips met again in a tender kiss. Morgan felt lightheaded as the kiss became more serious. Their lips move more aggressively against each other and Dana cupped the brunette's face drawing her closer. Morgan tentatively placed her hand on the blonde's thigh and continued to kiss the blonde with slow intensity. Dana's hands moved down from Morgan's face to hook around the brunette's neck.

Morgan moaned lightly when she felt Dana's tongue gently asked for entrance. The brunette complied and they both whimpered as their tongues slowly began to dance together. After a full minute, they both felt the need to be closer. Dana wrapped her arms more securely around Morgan's neck and the brunette placed both arms around the blonde's waist. They pulled each other closer so the front of their bodies touched.

Finally, needing to take breath, they ended the kiss. They leaned their foreheads together and were breathing heavily.

Dana let out a breathy chuckle. "Um… that wasn't supposed to happen…" the blonde smiled. "I just wanted to talk to you..."

The brunette laughed lightly. "I'm not complaining."

Dana grinned and shook her head. "I guess… you should head back to work, huh?"

Morgan's eyes moved back down to Dana's inviting lips and she unconsciously nodded in agreement. "Yeah…"

Within seconds, Dana's lips were crashing against her own. They just couldn't help themselves. Morgan had now found an undeniable addiction. Dana's kiss.

After several more minutes of exploring each other's mouths, they finally sat back. Morgan's chest was heaving, trying to catch her breath. She looked over at Dana. The blonde raked a hand through her hair and her face was flushed. Morgan thought she looked very hot in that moment.

"Okay… we should really head back now…" the brunette breathed, already wanting a third round of making out.

The blonde nodded inaudibly and reached a shaky hand to the car's door handle. "Yeah…"

Finding the willpower, they both exited the back of the vehicle and stood on wobbly legs. As they approached Morgan's barracuda, the blonde stopped in her tracks. Morgan turned to Dana confused.

"What's up?"

"We're going to one car to another," the blonde pointed out.

"Um… yeah, that's only way we can get back."

The blonde grinned. "I know. But are you going to be able to keep your hands off of me long enough to drive?"

Morgan chuckled lightly and shook her head. "I think I can resist. Can you?"

The blonde sauntered over to Morgan and stood in front of her. "I definitely can," Dana whispered inches from the brunette's lips before heading to the car.

The brunette shivered at Dana's flirtatious tone. "W…well fine!" Morgan sputtered, whipping around to follow the blonde. "But you're the one who started it in the Chrysler!"

"What? That was so you!" the blonde exclaimed, in a playful voice.

"Now I know you're kidding yourself," the brunette smiled, looking at Dana across the top of the car.

Dana pointed an authoritative figure at the brunette. "Shut it, Wolfie."

Morgan laughed and hopped into the car.

During the ride back to the garage, Morgan had to resist the urge to hold Dana's hand. Hell, she had to resist touching Dana period. One touch from the blonde would probably make her stop the car and attempt to kiss Dana more. No… she had to stay cool. She glanced at the blonde's hands resting in her lap and they looked very inviting and "hold"able.

Suddenly, the blonde reached over and grasped her right hand and held it. Morgan looked over at Dana who shyly smiled at her and Morgan's chest expanded with pride. They intertwined their fingers and stayed that way the rest of the ride.

When they finally made it back, Morgan pulled up next to Dana's car in the parking lot and cut the engine. They were still holding hands, both reluctant to lose contact. Morgan rubbed her thumb gently over the blonde's hand.

"So…" the brunette smiled, not really knowing what to say.

"So…" Dana repeated, with a teasing tone in her voice.

"I'm glad you came to talk to me."

The blonde laughed, which was quickly followed by Morgan. "Me too."

"Although I would like to stay here all day and hold hands with you, I believe your lunch break is over."

"But I don't want you to leave," the brunette pouted, pulling their intertwined hands on top of her thigh.

Dana smiled softly before leaning in and placing a tender his on Morgan's lips. "Call me later."

"Okay."

The blonde slowly slid her hand from Morgan's. Before she could open the door the brunette placed her hand Dana's forearm.

"Dana…" the brunette took a nervous breath and exhaled. "Do you um… do you like… want to go out on a date? With me…"

Not hearing a reply, Morgan looked up meeting the blonde's eyes. Dana's face broke into a sweet grin and the brunette blushed.

"I would love to go out on a date with you."

"Really?" Morgan replied happily.

"Really…" The blonde smiled and cupped Morgan's cheek. She then gave the brunette a lingering kiss that made Morgan moan lightly. Dana broke the kiss and they smiled at each other.

"Call me," the blonde said, before exiting the car.

Morgan sat there and watched Dana get in her car and drive away. She was so floored by this unbelievable turn of events she couldn't move. Dana really liked her. Dana wanted to date her. She just spent her entire lunch break making out with… Dana. Morgan closed her eyes and smiled, leaning back in her seat. She could still feel the blonde's lips on hers.

Suddenly, loud knocking on her window jolted her out of her thoughts. Morgan opened her eyes and looked out the window. Her father stood there with a not so happy look on his face. She was supposed to be back there over 15 minutes ago. Uh oh. She cringed internally before opening the door.

To be continued.

Return to the Academy