Disclaimer:  See Part 1

Authors Note: Hey guys! I have been seriously lacking in my updating for this story. I've been working eight days in a row, so it's been hard! I'm also writing three other stories as well, so yeah. Anyways, this chapter is to make up for all I've put you guys through so far with this story, and for all the things still to come. The lyrics are A Thousand Years - Christina Perri, they obviously do not belong to me, I am just borrowing them for this story. I hope you continue you reading, and continue commenting, cause I love the emails I get from you guys! If you want to email me, my email is jacklavigne13@hotmail .com

In Need Of A Friend

by

Mikaeli Hooper

jacklavigne13@hotmail .com


Chapter Sixteen

 

Heart beats fast, colours and promises

How to be brave, how can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

 

Gabrielle watched as Alexandria walked away from her, her tall muscular body quickly disappearing as she slipped through the crowds of Amazon's readying the village for the battle to come. They'd spent the last candlemark in the clearing holding each other close, both of the women knowing it would be the last time. Closing her eyes, Gabrielle stored the memory of the last hour in her mind, knowing she would cherish it forever along with all her other memories of the red headed woman. She knew that today had been Alexandria's subtle way of saying goodbye to her, and her heart ached with the knowledge. Even though Xena was alive again, she had felt a strong connection to the red headed warrior and she was going to miss her companionship. She wondered if the warrior would stay for a while in the Amazon village after the battle, but she highly doubted it now that she knew of Alexandria's past with Xena.

The bard turned her head away from the direction Alexandria had disappeared and slowly started making her way towards her hut, deep in thought. A part of her was thrilled to be returning to her soulmate, eager to be back in the dark haired woman's strong embrace. But another part of her was scared, scared of the same thing that excited her. She knew that she loved Xena, more than life itself, but a part of her didn't want to. How could she love someone that was so quick to give up their life and abandon her? She knew she was being selfish, but she was so afraid that Xena would leave her again, now that she'd finally gotten her back.

And they had so many thing's to discuss. In the clearing, Alexandria had given her a basic outline of what her and Xena's relationship had been like, but Gabrielle still wanted some answers from Xena. She wanted to know what had pushed her so far as to kill her own lover so cruelly. Could Xena ever betray her like that? She wasn't so much different from Alexandria when she thought about it, they actually had quite a lot in common. Could Xena ever hurt her like she had hurt Alexandria?

No, Gabrielle thought to herself, though even the voice in her mind wavered with doubt. She's changed, she would never do that to me.

 

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

 

She was pulled from her thoughts as she found herself outside of her hut. Her heart raced, knowing Xena was inside waiting for her and after taking several deep breaths, she opened the door and stepped inside.

Her breath caught painfully in her throat as she saw her soulmate, standing by her desk, deep in thought. Pale blue eyes looked up as she entered, gazing into sparkling green and Gabrielle felt all of her fears and doubts slip from her mind as she looked at the woman she loved with her whole heart. By the Gods, she was beautiful. Her bronzed skin and dark hair contrasting with those magnificent blue eyes. In moments, she had crossed the room and was wrapped up in the warrior's embrace, pressing her face into the warm skin of her love's neck. She wondered how she had ever gone a whole year without these protective arms surrounding her. She felt like she'd finally come home.

"I'm sorry, Gabrielle. So sorry," Xena mumbled into her lover's hair, breathing in her scent as she pulled the blonde closer.

"Shh," Gabrielle whispered, pulling back slightly and covering the dark haired woman's mouth with her fingers. She smiled as she traced the full lips with her fingertips, in awe at their softness. "It's okay, love. We're okay. I love you."

"I love you too, Gabrielle."

 

Time stands still, beauty in all she is

I will be brave, I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath, every hour has come to this

One step closer

 

Gabrielle gasped as her fingers were sucked gently into her lover's warm mouth. She whimpered softly as she felt her fingertips being caressed by Xena's tongue, causing her heart to thump wildly in her chest. Her digits sparked with electricity that travelled down her arm and throughout her body. As she pulled her fingers free from the hot mouth, she gazed up into her partner's eyes that had darkened with unrestrained passion. She unconciously squeezed her thighs together, feeling hot liquid pool between her legs as her body trembled with desire.

This hadn't been what she had expected when she returned to her hut. She had thought that she would talk to her partner, discuss the past year as she laid in her lover's arms. She had wanted to take things slowly, knowing that both of them were upset and confused from today's revelations. But as she looked into Xena's eyes, finding so much passion and love there for her, she pushed the idea of taking things slow from her mind. She had waited too long for this already. She needed her.

 

I have died everyday, waiting for you

Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years

I will love you for a thousand more

 

Gabrielle tangled her finger's in her lover's dark hair, gripping the silky strands tightly as she pulled Xena's head down to crush their lips together. The kiss was passionate and urgent as the bard thrust her tongue into Xena's mouth, tasting her. She moaned into the kiss, pushing her body tightly against Xena's, her skin burning wherever it touched her lover's. Her hands roamed impatiently over soft skin and hard muscle, refamiliarising herself with her soulmate's body.

She felt Xena's hands run down her back to cup her ass before lifting her off the floor. She wrapped her legs around her partner's waist as she was carried to the bed, never breaking their heated kiss. She unconciously grinded herself into her lover's abdomen, spreading her wetness over Xena's leathers and groaned at the delicious friction. She had almost forgotten how it felt to make love to her soulmate. Only Xena could arouse her this much, only she could ignite this fire in her body and make her come alive.

With her many skills, Xena removed both of their clothes and laid Gabrielle down on the bed. She bit her lip as she looked down at the blonde, wondering how she could be so lucky to have another chance at life with this beautiful woman. With a slowness that almost drove Gabrielle insane, Xena laid her warm body ontop of the bard's. They both moaned as skin touched skin, sliding together deliciously before Gabrielle continued to conquer Xena's lips with her own. She was impatient, her need to feel her soulmate inside of her, completing her, was almost too strong to bear. She wrapped her legs around Xena's hips, pulling her partner's centre down to grind against her own and she whimpered in pleasure. It was like her body was catching alight, starting from the tips of her toes and rising up as Xena grinded sensually against her.

"Please, Xena," Gabrielle gasped, her eyes burning with passion and lust as she gazed up at her lover. "Please, I need you..."

"I know what you need, love," Xena replied with a seductive smile. She trailed hungry kisses down the bard's neck, nipping and sucking the soft skin as her free hand came up to knead Gabrielle's breast, running her thumb teasingly over the nipple until it hardened. Gabrielle arched her back, wanting more as Xena replaced her hand with her lips and enveloped the bard's nipple in her hot mouth, flicking her tongue over the rock hard flesh as she dragged her hand over Gabrielle's taut abdomen. She caressed the smooth skin above her lover's centre before running her finger's through the soft blonde hair between the bard's thighs. Her fingertips lingered over the throbbing nub that screamed for attention, stroking it with her thumb and causing Gabrielle to cry out before pushing her finger's into her lover's heat, giving the bard what she desired the most.

 

And all along, I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

 

"By the Gods, Xena," Gabrielle breathed, turning her head to capture her lover's lips in a passionate kiss. She grinded her hips against her lover's hand, impaling herself harder on the finger's inside of her with every thrust. She felt so full with Xena inside of her, completing her as she plunged in and out of her body. The friction was delicious and she could feel herself moving closer to the edge. She lifted her thigh, pushing it into her partner's centre as she gripped Xena's ass, smearing her warm wetness over her skin.

Xena groaned into her mouth before crushing their lips together desperatly as she thrust herself against her lover's silky skin. Her hips rocked in a frantic rhythm, in sync with her fingers inside of her lover, thrusting harder as she felt Gabrielle tighten around her digits. They were both so close, lost in the sensation of each other's bodies. Underneath her, she felt Gabrielle's body start to spasm before she tensed with an earth shattering climax.

Gabrielle cried out as every nerve in her body exploded, brilliant lights flashing before her eyes as heat flooded through her body. She dug her fingernails into her lover's back as her own back arched off the bed. She screamed Xena's name until her voice became hoarse and her body trembled. The sight of her soulmate climaxing pushed Xena over the edge as well, her body going rigid as her mouth opened in a silent scream. Her body shuddered as she continued to pump herself against her lover's thigh, dragging out her orgasm for as long as she could before she collapsed heavily on top of her companion, her hand still wedged between their sweat soaked bodies.

"I have never stopped loving you," Gabrielle breathed, her heart racing as she buried her face in Xena's hair, breathing in her intoxicating scent. "Not for one second."

Xena grinned crookedly, pressing her lips lightly to the bard's shoulder before resting her head there and closing her eyes. "And I, you, Gabrielle. I love you so much."

 

I have died everyday, waiting for you

Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more...

#

To Be Continued

 

Author's Page

Return to the Academy