Summary: The Conqueror leaves Greece to visit Cleopatra and meets a slave/gladiator named Gabrielle but all is not what it seems.

Disclaimer: See Part 1

Authors Note: If you want to email me about this chapter, my email is jacklavigne13@hotmail .com

Thankyou!

 

To Tame A Wild Heart

by

Mikaeli Hooper

 


Chapter Eleven

 

I woke up with a smile on my face, feeling truly content. It was an hour or so after dawn and I stretched luxiouriously as images of the night before ran through my mind. The slave had ended up coming to me, as I had hoped she would when she first asked to be friends. I had wanted to conquer her completely in that moment, by having her come to me but now I felt differently. I didn't want to conquer her anymore. I didn't want to try and tame the fire in her eyes. I wanted the fire and the passion and I wanted to give my own to her in return.

But things were complicated to say at the least. She was the favoured slave of the woman I was trying to build an alliance with. Like I had said many times before, I didn't really care about the alliance but I did care about Gabrielle and unfortunetly, Gabrielle cared about Cleopatra. I could buy Gabrielle from Cleopatra but I don't think the Egyptian would agree to anything I would offer her. The slave was priceless, and we both knew it. I also didn't think Gabrielle would be a fan of me buying her either. I didn't want her to think I saw her as a possession.

I sighed as I finally got out of bed and started to ready myself for the day ahead. It would be hard to keep my hands off of the gladiator but I had to try for both of our sakes. I didn't want Gabrielle to get hurt, emotionally or physically if Cleopatra was to find out that there was something between us.

I could always take her and run, I mused to myself with a smile, remembering my coversation with Gabrielle several days ago, but that wouldn't be a smart idea either. As Gabrielle had said, wars had started over less and while I was sure that Greece combined with the power of Chin could easily take Egypt alone, I had to worry about Rome as well. The Roman's would easily side with Egypt if a battle was to start and it was too risky for me to chance it. Though, if that is what I had to do, I would do it.

Yes, I thought to myself with a grin. I would fight a war for the slave if I had to.

 

******

 

I smiled as I stepped into the corridor, watching as Alexandria closed the door behind her as she left her own room down the hall way. I met her eyes and I knew instantly that she knew. Her midnight blue orbs twinkled as she walked towards me and though my face was emotionless, I knew my eyes shone with the happiness I felt.

"So," Alexandria said as she fell into step besides me as I made my way to the courtyard to have breakfast with Cleo. "Do we have a plan?"

"A plan for what?" I asked curiously, glancing at her out of the corner of my eye.

"Well, are we just going to take the slave and make a run for the port? Or are we going to kill Cleopatra and just take over all of Egypt?" Alexandria asked with a mischeivious smile. "Though, I have to say I'm leaning towards the second option."

I laughed loudly, clapping Alexandria on the shoulder. She was a loyal second in command and a good friend. Yes, I thought to myself with a grin, I definetely considered this woman a friend.

"There is no plan," I smiled as Alexandria rose her eyebrow at me. "Not until Gabrielle tells me that she wants there to be a plan anyway. I will not force her to return to Greece with me if she doesn't want to."

"B- but," Alexandria spluttered. "She shares your bed. Obviously she wouldn't prefer to stay here as a slave!"

"I don't doubt that she doesn't want to stay here," I said slowly. "But just because she is sharing my bed, doesn't mean she wants to forever be at my side."

"Forever?" Alexandria asked with a hint of amusement, which I returned with a menacing glare that did nothing to stop her soft laughter.

We walked the rest of the way to breakfast in silence as we both got lost in our own thoughts. I was thinking about the words that had just slipped from my mouth so naturally. Forever? I knew I cared about the slave, but did I want her forever? It wasn't something that I had ever thought about, spending my life with one person. But then again, I had never felt so strongly about one person either.

Would Gabrielle even want to be with me once she was free? She had said last night that she wanted more than friendship, but she hadn't been specific. The thought of being in a relationship terrified me, but knowing it would be with Gabrielle made it feel right.

Before I even realised it, I was in the courtyard and the sight that greeted me was enough to stop my thoughts in their tracks. A rage big enough to destroy all of Egypt was building up inside of me as my eyes locked on the slave and her mistress. I could feel the beast in my chest howling with anger as my hands clenched into fists at my sides, my fingernails digging so hard into my skin that I felt warm blood trickle out from between my fingers.

"Oh fuck," I heard Alexandria's breathless whisper behind me, but I ignored it, unable to focus on anything but what was in front of me.

Gabrielle was laid half naked on the table, her white tunic bunched up around her waist with her bare legs wide open. Her head was thrown back in what seemed to be ecstasy, but her eyes were open and emotionless, staring at the ceiling as Cleopatra buried her face in the slave's cunt. As if sensing her new lover, she turned her head slightly and caught my eyes and something between an agonised groan and a whimper escaped from her lips.

Cleopatra's eyes opened as the slave's body became tense, mistaking it for climax rather than discomfort. She realised her mistake when she followed the gladiator's gaze and saw the Conqueror standing in the doorway, her face emotionless and her eyes cold. She immediately pulled away from Gabrielle, wiping the slave's passion from her chin with a napkin.

"You're here early this morning, Conqueror," Cleopatra said casually as if she hadn't been caught eating her slave out by the Empress of Greece. I fought the urge to wrap my hands around her throat as her fingers absently caressed Gabrielle's still open thighs.

"Yes, I guess I am," I replied coldly, failing to keep the sarcasm from my voice. I could feel the tension from Alexandria behind me as she readied herself to strike but I surprised her with my next words. "Sorry to interupt your breakfast. I was just coming to tell you that I'll be spending the day in the markets. I'll see you for dinner."

I abrubtly turned on my heel and made an attempt to leave the room as quickly as possibly, but Cleopatra's voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Did you want Gabrielle to join you? She knows the markets like the back of her hand."

"No, thank you," I said emotionlessly, keeping my back to the slave and her mistress. "You keep her."

And without another word, I left with Alexandria trailing behind me.

 

#

To Be Continued

 

Return to the Academy

Author's Page