Summary: The Conqueror leaves Greece to visit Cleopatra and meets a slave/gladiator named Gabrielle but all is not what it seems.

Disclaimer: See Part 1

If you wish to send them to me, my email is jacklavigne13@hotmail .com

Enjoy the show! Or so to speak.

 

To Tame A Wild Heart

by

Mikaeli Hooper

 


Chapter Two

 

I sat at the large dining table with Cleopatra sitting in my lap, feeding me food that the servants had brought us. I ignored everything around us and just focused on her. The way she looked and felt as she straddled my hips, barely brushing herself against one of my muscular thighs. I felt a presence though, someone watching us that sent alarm bells off in my head. I glanced away from the Egyptian, wondering if Alexandria had come to join us but there was no one there. I tried to ignore it as I turned back to Cleopatra, attempting to focus on her hands that had slipped underneath my silk shirt. Finally, it became too much to bear and I turned away from Cleo to glare into the shadows surrounding us.

"Who is there?" I snarled into the darkness, my eyes searching. Cleopatra sighed as she pulled her lips away from my neck and flicked her hand towards the far wall. Nothing happened for a few moments and then a girl stepped from the darkness.

My eyebrow seemed to rise on its own accord as I stared at the girl. No, a woman. She looked young, maybe ten years younger than I am which would make her around twenty summers old. She glared at me with flashing green eyes, the colour of the Aegean ocean. She was dressed in a sleeveless white tunic with a golden trim that was belted at her waist, which made her tanned skin glow golden in the sunlight streaming through the windows. Her hair was equally golden with short locks that fell around the face of an angel. A mighty pissed off looking angel. I assumed she was Roman from her attire but her pale hair and eyes reminded me of the women I had seen in the Norse country.

"Are you okay, my Queen?" The blonde asked and another one of my eyebrows raised as I stared at her. Her voice was low and slightly hoarse but what surprised me was her Greek accent. How did a Greek women end up in Egypt serving Cleopatra?

"I'm fine, Gabriella," Cleopatra practically purred as she smiled at the woman, waving her over to us. "You do not need to protect me from the Conqueror."

The blonde walked towards us cautiously and I could see her well defined muscles tense more and more with every step she took. She came to a halt besides my chair and my eyebrows almost disappeared as Cleopatra reached out and stroked the woman's cheek. Who was this girl?

"She's one of your warriors?" I asked Cleo without taking my eyes from the blonde. What was her name? Gabriella?

"My personal slave," Cleo corrected with a small smile. "A gift from Marc Antony, she was Rome's best gladiator."

A gladiator? This little thing? I could see the well-defined muscles but she didn't look like any gladiator I had ever seen. Every person that I'd seen fight in the arena had been a man. I couldn't help but be intrigued as I watched the slave kneel before us, bowing her head in submission.

"I'm sorry, Mistress," the slave spoke softly to Cleo. "I didn't mean to intrude on your meal. I was just worried for you."

"Its okay, my sweet," Cleopatra replied as she stroked the slave's golden hair. I wanted desperately to reach out and touch it myself but I found that I was unable to do anything but stare at the green eyed beauty. "Return to my chambers and I will see you later."

"Yes, Mistress," The slave nodded before standing before us once more. She stared at me through narrowed eyes, though they were filled with an emotion that I didn't recognize. With a final nod towards the two of us, she turned on her heel and left the dining hall.

"Now, where were we?" Cleopatra purred as hers hands snaked back underneath my clothes, caressing my skin. I closed my eyes and sighed as I felt her lips brush against my neck but I could still see the slave's burning green eyes on the backs of my eyelids.

 

*******

 

I wandered back to my room after my evening with Cleopatra. The woman was wild but I didn't feel satisfied. If anything, our fucking had left me feeling even hungrier. I wanted to go to Alexandria's room with hopes of being sated but I decided it wasn't a good idea. She was angry with me and I wasn't in the best mood either. I had found myself thinking of the slave throughout the whole evening and it angered me. Why was I wasting my thoughts on a slave? A woman that seemed to be disgusted at breathing the same air as me. She had looked at me as thought I had ruined her life. It was possible, I guessed. For all I know, I had destroyed the woman's village back in Greece and then sold her to the highest bidder. It wouldn't have been the worst thing I've ever done, though I found my heart aching surprisingly at the thought.

"You shouldn't be here."

I whirled around, angry at myself for not noticing the woman I had strode past, so deep in my thoughts. I glared angrily at the slave, the beast inside of me growling as she stood behind me with her arms crossed over her chest defiantly. Back in Greece, I would have killed the person who spoke such words to me. But, I wasn't in Greece and I found myself not wanting to kill this slave either.

“And why is that?" I asked, tilting my head as I stared at her. "What do I have to be afraid of?"

"You'll lose everything if you stay here," she replied coolly as she moved towards me, her eyes never leaving mine. I felt like I could drown in her gaze and die happily.

"Oh? And why should you care, Gabriella ?" I replied, trying to keep my voice steady as she stood not inches away from me. I could feel the heat from her body and I wanted to wrap myself around her. I wanted to lose myself in her and never try and escape.

"I don't," she grinned wickedly as she ran a lone finger down my throat and over my chest. "I'm just warning you. And, it's Gabrielle, not Gabriella. "

Without another word, she turned on her heel and strode away from me. I watched her emotionlessly until she rounded a corner and her footsteps faded before I dropped the mask and closed my eyes tightly. The beast inside of me was screaming, begging me to follow her, to take her and make her scream. My skin still burned where she had touched me and it took every bit of will power to turn away and continue walking.

Maybe a stop over in Alexandria's room wouldn't be such a bad idea.

forgotten.

 

#

To Be Continued

 

Return to the Academy

Author's Page