Summary: This is the sequel to my story I Will Be. It's been two years since Xena has seen or heard from Gabrielle. Until one day she recieve's a letter from the Amazon Queen inviting her to the village for a festival. Will they be able to mend their broken relationship or has it been too long.

 

Disclaimer: See Part 1

If you wish to send them to me, my email is jacklavigne13@hotmail .com

 

Turning Tables

by

Mikaeli Hooper

 


Chapter Seven

 

Xena found herself once again sitting on the edge of her bed, head resting in her hands, her heart aching painfully in her chest. She had returned to her hut over two candlemarks ago, and it was now quite late. She had fed Eve, bathed her and put her to bed early, knowing that her daughter would need her energy for the festival tomorrow. She was now arguing with herself as to whether she should wake her daughter or not, so that maybe she could distract herself from her thoughts.

Stop being selfish, Xena thought to herself in disgust. It's not Evie's fault that you're in this mess, let the girl sleep.

She sighed softly as she gently massaged her temples, willing her throbbing headache to disappear. She felt like she'd spent the day battling her way through Tartarus, instead of spending the last few hours in the Amazon village. She was emotionally and physically exhausted. Her head ached, her muscles ached and her heart ached. Being in this village with Alexandria and Gabrielle she decided, was worse than Hell.

What am I going to do? The dark haired woman thought miserably. She desperately wished that Alexandria was there with her, to talk her through this problem like she had with all the others over the last year. Except this time, she was a part of the problem.

As if the red headed woman had been listening to her thoughts, Xena heard a soft knock on her door. "Come in."

She looked up as the door opened, expecting to find Alexandria gazing back at her lovingingly, instead, it was Gabrielle.

Fuck.

Xena sat up straight, her muscles tensed as she stared at the blonde who stood nervously in the doorway of her hut. She watched silently as Gabrielle closed the door before walking towards her.

"Hey," Gabrielle said with a smile, looking around the room. "I thought I'd come and say goodnight."

Xena raised an eyebrow at the Amazon Queen, her body tensing unconciously as the woman stopped directly in front of her. She let her eyes roam over the body she knew so well, feeling her heart beat quicken as she looked at the muscular body of her ex lover. She felt a pang of guilt as she looked up into Gabrielle's emerald green eyes, knowing that she was betraying her lover just by looking at this woman.

"Well, goodnight," She managed to choke out as she tore her eyes away from her ex lover.

"Xena," Gabrielle whispered, gently resting her hand on the dark haired woman's cheek until the pale blue eyes met hers once more. "Goodnight."

Xena's heart thudded painfully in her chest as Gabrielle leant down towards her, her eyes fluttering shut as the bard pressed a soft kiss to the corner of her mouth. She was overcome with desire as the soft lips brushed barely over her own and without a thought, she turned her head and captured Gabrielle's lips in a kiss.

Every rational thought left Xena's head as she felt Gabrielle moan softly into her mouth, causing her passion and desire to overwhelm her. She pulled the bard down and onto her lap, wrapping her arms tightly around Gabrielle's lithe body and pulling her closer. She groaned as Gabrielle wrapped her muscular legs around her waist, pushing her centre against her abdomen. She could only imagine the wetness that was drenching her leathers.

Their tongue's danced passionately as hands roamed over soft skin and hard muscles, desperately wanting more. Xena whimpered softly into the kiss as she tangled her fingers in her companion's short hair, pulling her impossibly closer. The sound of a door banging shut somewhere in the village pulled Xena out of her passion filled haze, her eyes flying open in horror.

With a gasp, Xena pulled away, looking into Gabrielle's eyes, darkened with desire. Dark green eyes, instead of the dark blue eyes of her lover. As she stared at the bard, Gabrielle seemed to come to the same realisation and hurriedly climbed off Xena's tense body.

"Oh fuck," Gabrielle repeated like a mantra, running her fingers through her short blonde hair. "Oh fuck!"

Xena stood up quickly, grabbing Gabrielle's arms to stop her pacing. "You can't tell Alex," she begged, staring into the ocean green eyes of her ex lover. "Please."

"Xena!" Gabrielle exclaimed, her eyes wide with disbelief.

"Please," Xena pleaded, her eyes welling with tears as she was overcome with guilt. But Gods, it had felt so right to be kissing Gabrielle. As she gazed into the bard's eyes, she could feel herself leaning down to kiss the woman again.

No! Her mind shouted. Don't do this, Xena. Think of Alexandria. Think of the woman that your daughter loves like a mother. Think of the woman that brought you back to life after Gabrielle left you. You swore to yourself that you'd never be unfaithful again after Gabrielle left you, but look at you now. Alexandria deserves better than this.

She pulled back abrubtly from the bard, a pained expression on her face as she turned away from Gabrielle.

"You need to leave."

"Xena," Gabrielle whispered, her heart aching. She reached out to the woman she loved, more than her own life and almost sobbed as the woman flinched under her touch.

"Please, Gabrielle," Xena begged again, the tears spilling from her eyes and rolling down her cheeks. "Please, just go."

Everything was silent until Xena heard Gabrielle's soft footsteps, followed by the door opening and closing behind her as she left. Squeezing her eyes shut, Xena hurriedly wiped away her tears, cursing herself for betraying her lover.

She deserves so much better than this.

With a heavy sigh and an even heavier heart, Xena crawled into bed, her throbbing headache returning to torture her once more. As she fell asleep, she was haunted by dreams of sad midnight blue eyes.

#

To Be Continued In Part 8

 

Author's Page

Return to the Academy