Title: Blondes Have All the Fun

Name: Mochamaker

Email: mochamaker01@gmail.com

Disclaimer: I do not own Rizzoli and Isles, no profit made here.

Fandom: Rizzoli & Isles and LAO SVU

Pairing: Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles; Olivia Benson and Alexandra Cabot

Teaser: A trip to New York opens more than just the secrets of the heart. Jane and Maura meet several invaluable colleagues and form lasting friendships.

Part 1

***********************

Part Two

 

Chapter Eight:

 

Olivia and Jane finished huge subs in record time, both getting the hot roast beef melt and both having smiling lips covered in cheese and sauce. A mutual chuckle and many napkins later, they left the shop after only thirty minutes inside and walked back towards the bookstore for a cup of strong coffee. Jane held the door open, letting Olivia precede her then both women looked towards the corner where Maura and Ric sat just forty-five minutes ago. A baby butch in cargo shorts and hooded sweatshirt occupied the table. There was no sign of the two women anywhere in the store.

“I'm sorry Jane. We missed her.” Olivia said while they walked up to the counter to place the coffee order.

“I'll catch her later. I trust Maura, even if that scuzz Hanson is sniffing after her. As much as I have enjoyed this trip so far, and it has been exceptionally fun,” Jane winked at Olivia then continued, “We came here to help the NYPD, and not pretend we're on Jerry Springer. I'm not about to barge into Maura's new friendships demanding she tell me everything she did and said. Just…No. I don't work that way.”

“Hey Jane, I only meant to warn you about Ric, she can't keep it in her pants and goes for any beautiful woman within a fifty mile radius who remotely sets off her gaydar. And you have to admit, Maura is beautiful and her gaydar bings at a thousand paces.”

“I never picked up on her gaydar,” Jane muttered then placed her order and turned to Olivia, “Benson, I was jealous of you earlier because I saw you checking out Maura. I really wanted to knock you on your ass, but that was before I got to know you a bit better. Sorry bout that by the way. I knew you wouldn't cross the line with her once the territory was claimed, ya know?” She shrugged.

“Last night Maura claimed me just as Alex grabbed you. The lines are drawn and I trust us to stay on our respective sides. I don‘t know what exactly happened with Alex, but I promise it won‘t happen again now that I know you care for her.”

“Whoa, Alex didn't ‘grab' me. It was a mutual grab. I just don't remember how often my hands grabbed last night.” Olivia chuckled then said, “I'm glad you and I didn't fight. I would have hated smashing your pretty face Rizzoli.” She threw a ten on the counter and grabbed her coffee, then handed Rizzoli's to her. Both women took long sips as they both exited the store without browsing around, intent on getting back to the precinct. After several steps down the sidewalk Olivia said, “I do care about Alex, a lot.”

“I know you do. I care about Maura probably just as much. The one thing I've learned as a cop is, you gotta trust the ones you care for or you got nothing.” Jane morosely said. She walked a few steps in silence before Olivia spoke again.

“Yeah, as a cop you learn to trust or you don't. There is no room for the what ifs. Life and death often hang within the gap. I trust Elliot with my life, and now I trust you with it too. I wouldn't have given you a service weapon if my instincts didn't say good trustworthy woman.” Olivia elbowed Jane in the ribs and gave her a toothy grin. Jane oofed at the elbow and smiled right back.

Several more steps of silence fell between the women, both absorbing the seriousness of Olivia's statement.

“Glad we got the gooey stuff out of the way, now back to being badasses.” Jane said with a small chuckle. “Hey, when Maur and I first saw you in the airport, she said you had to be a cop because of your stance, ya know the ‘badass-stance', shoulders back and feet apart.”

“What? No she didn't.” Olivia gasped out in disbelief.

“OH yeah, she so did. It was really funny to have it pointed out to me.”

“So if Maura has cop-dar, how good is her gaydar?” Olivia joked.

“She latched onto me didn't she?” Jane grabbed a handful of her bouncy hair and held it out, “I'm not exactly screaming butch lesbian.”

“OH well. I got the vibe from you at the airport, but I wasn't sure.”

“You are now.” Jane said with conviction and nodded her head.

The rest of the conversation died as the women entered the precinct doors and went up to the conference room to finish their work. In the conference room, Olivia brought over the CSU reports from the victim's apartments. Jane and Olivia sat side by side and went through each report line by line; making sure not a single word was missed. An hour passed, and then another and still the women remained with their heads bent together in concentration.

Down in the Morgue, Maura and Warner were also busy comparing the trace evidence, sitting side-by-side and reading line by line. Warner was beyond impressed with Maura's thoroughness and complimented her, causing Maura to stammer and cough with embarrassment. “I have worked with more than a few fresh faced ME's and I have to tell you Dr. Isles I am very impressed with you. When you first walked in here in your expensive clothes with Ric, I will admit, I was skeptical of your skill.”

She held up her hand to stop Maura's comments, “I know it might seem unprofessional of me to be judgmental before I got to work with you, but I assure you, I am a professional and recognize talent when I see it. I was just thrown by your appearance with Ric at your side and the two of you looked comfortable with each other.” Warner looked into Maura's eyes and continued in a soft voice, “The Leutinant is very special to me.”

“She does seem to be a special person, but I just met her. When I arrived here, I observed your flirtatious banter and felt an undercurrent of deep emotions between the two of you. She is special to you in what way if I might ask?”

“She's special to me that's all.” Warner remained silent for a few heartbeats then added, “And I would very upset if she became as special to someone else. Do you understand what I mean?”

“I do. I'm very attached to my own Homicide Detective, and would also be very upset if she became the object of someone else's affections.”

Warner chuckled, “Ah ha. I thought I detected a ping on my gaydar when I met you. Perhaps it is why I was confused about you at first.” Warner explained and looked down at the spread open files in shame over her irrational jealousy for a stranger. Maura reached out and touched Warner's arm, getting her eyes to look up.

“I'm not attracted to Ric. I met her at the bookstore and she reminded me of my Detective, so we chatted, that's all. But know this; I am happily with someone already. I will however, help you in any way I can. I recently helped another Detective find her happiness. I'm here for you if you need me.”

“Thank you Maura.”

“You're quite welcome Doctor Warner.” Maura paused then asked, “I heard Ric call you Lin. What is your first name?”

“Oh Melinda, but she knows I hate to be called Melinda. It makes me feel like the grandmother I'm named for.”

“I understand. Jane calls me Maur. She is the only one to call me by that name.”

“Yeah, only Ric calls me Lin.” Warner stared at the files with a huge, goofy smile gracing her lips.

“Enough sappy talk as Jane would say, let's get back to work so we can go eat soon.” Maura suggested. “I feel like my stomach is going to eat itself. “

“Crap. No wonder you're hungry, it's almost two-thirty. We‘ll get an early dinner soon.”

The two MEs became engrossed in the reports, silence settling over them for the next hour.

According to the reports, the body in Boston contained a red pubic hair with root intact, a small piece of latex from a Simply Casanova brand condom and a partial fingerprint not able to be matched because of the low number of points, otherwise known as identifying marks. Two of the NYC bodies also contained a red pubic hair and residue from a spermicidal used only on Simply Casanova brand condoms. They had a hair root for DNA comparison, now all they needed was a live body to match it to.

In excitement over the proof Maura said, “We can officially link the cases. Before we made the match, Jane and Olivia only speculated. I should call Boston and see if my assistant found any other evidence besides what I uncovered.” Maura pointed at her purse, “I will just be a minute.” She grabbed her phone and placed the call, talking for a couple of minutes then ending the call.

“My assistant said no other trace remains other than what I uncovered. The pubic hair is not a match to any known criminals or suspects and the brand of condoms may be purchased at a variety of locations with no hope of tracking down the exact date and location of purchase. In other words, we have no real leads unless Elliot and Finn uncover a red headed suspect.”

“They just might. We'll cross our fingers.” Warner muttered around the tip of her pen, wedged firmly between her teeth, and she bit it nervously, a habit leftover from medical school.

Warner found something interesting in one of the NYC cases and excitedly said, “Doctor Isles, look at this. The third victim from NYC, the one with the trace pubic hair, is not a match but a close relative to your hair found on the Boston victim.” She put the DNA reports side by side and pointed out the similar Y markers but also the slight differences.

“We have two different hairs from two different males, but relatives. They have to be brothers. Your Dr, Huang was correct. I need to call Jane. If he was correct about the team being competitive relatives, than I bet he was right about the men being women haters. Jane and Olivia went to the University to interview the probable suspects. I need to warn her and inform her of our findings.”

Maura once again stepped away to make a quick call to Jane on her cell. Jane's phone went to voicemail. Maura left a message and requested Jane call her back ASAP. She hung up her phone and walked back to Warner, leaning near her and once again perusing the reports. The sound of a cell phone ringing broke the quiet of the Morgue; it was Ric calling Warner. Melinda talked with Ric for a few minutes then hung up.

“Good news. Jane and Olivia did not go to the University; instead they are upstairs working in the conference room.”

“I‘m so relieved. I was really starting to get worried about her. I wonder why she didn't answer her phone.”

“I don't know. Anyways, Elliot and Finn finished their interviews and did find two suspects, both enrolled in Linear Algebra and get this, they are brothers. Elliot told Ric they would be bringing them in for further questioning and to get ready in case something breaks and we're needed. She mentioned ADA Cabot would be notified soon.”

“We need to have a meeting with Jane and Olivia.” Maura suggested.

“Okay. I believe we are done here anyways. Let's change and head up to the squad. My assistant is available if an emergency should arise. And I have my pager and cell.” She gathered the files into piles and put them into a leather satchel lying off the side of the desk. “Have you met ADA Cabot yet Doctor Isles?”

Maura felt the blood rushing to her cheeks before she could duck her head and hide. She bit her tongue then said, “I have had the pleasure of meeting Cabot. We all had dinner together last night. She is a very formidable woman. I was indeed impressed with her skills.” She smiled a playful smile, turned away from Warner to gather her clothing, and then walked quickly into the bathroom to change before Warner had time to retort.

Warner and Maura stopped for a snack on the way up to the squad room, getting a wrap from the snack bar in the lobby. They walked through the squad and into the conference room, Elliot, Finn, Olivia, and Jane all clustered around the square table. Dr. Huang walked in from the opposite door and took a seat at the table next to Finn. Maura took the seat next to Jane while Warner took the seat next to Olivia. The two ME's unwrapped their snacks and munched while they waited for Lieutenant Hanson.

Elliot said in a low growl, “the Lt. will be here for this meeting. She insisted on being present, but I told her in as defiant but polite terms as I could, that she is not welcome to watch the interviews. I called Cabot and she will be here in about half an hour. Let me give everyone the run down on the two suspects we pulled. One is named Thomas O'Reilly and his younger but smarter brother is named William O'Reilly. Both boys majored in Engineering and both are in Linear Algebra, taught by the late Miss Schmidt, our third victim.” He read the file for a minute in silence then continued, “And it appears William transferred from Boston University last fall.”

He looked at everyone at the table with wide eyes. “Son of a bitch.”

“No Detective Stabler, it's just me the spawn of the devil.” Ric jokingly said as she quietly entered the conference room, smiled at Warner and sat next to Dr. Huang. She extended her hand to Jane in greeting, surprised by the strong grip that squeezed her hand in return. Jane‘s brown eyes glared wearily into the Indigo of Ric‘s. Ric needing to divert those pressing brown eyes, asked, “Dr. Huang, what is your opinion on the O'Reilly brothers?”

“I cannot answer with certainty until I witness the interviews and observe the brothers Detective. My opinion based on the facts you just read is in co ordinance with the assessment: they are probably your suspects.”

Maura contributed by saying, “I believe Dr. Huang is correct. Warner and I connected the Boston and two of the NYC crimes by trace evidence. The perpetrators left a red pubic hair on the Boston victim and on the visiting professor. Here is where it gets tricky. The hairs are similar in DNA but not identical. The two contributors are red headed brothers. The latex fabric may be traced back to Simply Suave brand of condoms, a popular brand among college students on a limited budget. In other words ladies and gentleman, they are extremely cheap and break often. I'm not surprised the brand left some in our victims. Warner sent the latex for another round of tests in hopes we may get a bit of ejaculate off the fabric, but I'm crossing my fingers because it is a delicate and rarely successful procedure.”

Lieutenant Hanson asked Elliot, “Do the suspects have red or reddish brown hair?”

“Now Lt., don't form a bias against the O'Reilly brothers, but yes, they both have short, spiked, dark red hair.”

“Yeah, you dipstick.” Benson huffed and mumbled out.

“They aren't bad looking boys.” Finn said and shrugged his shoulders.

“Handsome people kill too.” Jane retorted sharply to Finn.

“Jane, don't get pissy.” Olivia snapped and glared at the Lieutenant. “Is Cabot here yet? I'm ready to get the interviews underway and get these assholes booked if they're guilty.” She tapped her fingers impatiently on the table. “Why don't you all get off your butts and do your jobs.”

“Now, who is being pissy Benson?” Jane joked back to lighten the mood. Unfortunately, Olivia just stared at her then looked at Elliot, avoiding the penetrating Indigo locked onto to her sweating face. She made a get on with it motion with her hand then gulped the last of her cup of coffee, getting up and walking out to refill it without asking anyone else if they wanted any.

“Grumpy woman,” Jane mumbled under her breath, but Maura heard and smiled. Green eyes twinkled and met brown, happiness glazing both sets. The Lt. noticed the stare and laughed at the new lovers, assuming this gorgeous dark haired woman to be Maura's Detective she spoke so fondly of at the bookstore.

In an effort to make amends, Ric asked, “Jane, I hope you are enjoying working with the NYPD. I want to make sure you have a pleasant experience in our fair city.”

“Thank you Lieutenant, I have enjoyed myself so far. Maura and I will leave with more pleasant memories I'm sure.” Twin smiles met and held.

“How long will you be staying?” Ric turned to include Maura in the questioning, winking at Warner as she did. “Lin will take care of you Maura. Ask her and she will connect you to get what you need, whatever it may be.” Warner smiled in response and gazed dreamily at Ric's twinkling deep Indigo eyes.

“Until the case is finished, but not longer than two weeks. We are only paid for two weeks then we will be on our dime so to say,” Jane answered.

Olivia returned to the conference room with Alex in tow, both women gulping from large cups of fresh coffee. Maura's mouth started to water at the scent. She stood up and went to grab two cups.

Alex sat down next to Warner and asked Elliot, “Are we ready to begin the interviews. You have let those boys sit for almost an hour now and I don't want those screaming police brutality. Did you Miranda them when you picked them up?”

“We didn't arrest em Cabot.” Finn exclaimed. “We just asked them polite like to accompany us to the station is all.”

“Damnit Detectives, you know the rules. You plan to ask them questions, you better Miranda the jerks.” She huffed and then stood up, pounding her palm onto the conference table in frustration. “I'll be in the office, waiting for you two to get this going. I have other plans I would like to keep.”

The room occupants remained silent as Ice Queen Cabot marched out of the room, taking a left and walking quickly to the room set up to observe the set of interview rooms simultaneously.

“I feel frostbit. My breath is fogging up from the sudden cold.” Elliot remarked and watched shut door with fear and anger coloring his tone to a deeper pitch.

“Fuck you Elliot. She has a point.” Olivia said in a husky voice, standing up and exiting the room to speak with Cabot in private.

“Is she always so touchy over this ADA Cabot?” Ric whispered to Warner.

“Yes, practically from the moment they met. This last week she has been extra protective of Alex.” Warner noticed the sudden smile gracing Maura's lips and a clue hit her in the forehead. She leaned forward and asked Maura in a whisper, “Remember down in my office and your comments regarding a certain success story?” Maura nodded, “Was it uh,” She pointed to the shut door. “Them?”

“They are two polar opposite. I just flipped around the magnets.” Maura beamed a huge smile of confirmation at Warner.

“Mhm. Interesting and not surprising.” Warner looked at Ric and winked. “I understand the unstoppable pull.” Ric noticed the double meaning of the sentence and smiled in return.

“Want to get a drink later?” Ric asked Maura and Warner, and then looked at Jane to let her know she was included in the invitation also.

“I'd love too.” Warner said.

“Sounds great.” Jane agreed, and looked at Maura, getting a nod in reply. “Yep, count us in. I will ask Benson when I see her and let her know Alex is included also.”

“We don't all need to watch the interviews do we Jane?” Maura asked.

“Nope. Olivia and Alex will be watching and I trust them to fill us in.”

Lieutenant Hanson stood up from the table, looked at Dr. Huang, and asked, “Doc, would you like to accompany me to the interview rooms? I would like to speak with Olivia and watch Detective's Stabler and Finn at work.”

“I would love too. I need to make a few notes during the interviews if you don't mind my not speaking with you during the process.”

“Oh Pshhh, I have witnessed you shrinks at work and know how you operate. I won't bother you.”

They left the conference room leaving Maura, Jane, Elliot and Finn still seated at the table.

“Well, let's go get this party started Finn.” Elliot stood up, then Finn and they exited the room, leaving Jane and Maura alone.

“Hi babe. I feel like I haven't seen you all day. Oh, I did see you briefly at the bookstore. You were sitting with Lieutenant Hanson.” Jane leaned forward and continued in a whisper, “I want you to know I trust you. You should also know Benson and Hanson slept together while back and Hanson broke Benson's heart. Don't be surprised if Benson turns down the invite tonight.”

“OH, Jane. I had no idea. I met her and she seemed nice so we chatted while I waited to meet with Warner. Ric escorted me to the Morgue and flirted with Melinda.”

“Flirted you say? Benson told me she jumps anything beautiful enough to catch her eye. She warned me about her trying to steal you.”

“Yes, she flirted obnoxiously with Melinda, calling her Lin and Melinda allowed it. Even admitted to me she loved it because nobody else called her Lin, only Ric. I think Melinda might be smitten with the Lieutenant.”

“Well whatever you do, don't mention anything about trying to match-make Warner and Hanson to Benson. She's likely to bite your head off then sell it to a street vendor for half-price.” Jane gazed into Maura's eyes and continued, “Maur you should have seen Benson. She freaked out at the sight of you allowing Hanson to sit with you. She HATES her. No exceptions. I am surprised they were professional to each other just now.”

Maura stood up and waited for Jane to do the same, both women gathering the files and exiting the conference room with a slamming of the old wooden door.

“Jane I don't want drama. Use the handcuffs and keep them separated if Olivia accepts the invitation, okay?”

“Okay, but I will not take a punch to the nose for the sake of lesbian drama.”

Maura reached out to hold Jane's hand briefly as they walked to the office to join the others. “If you do get punched I will patch you up. I am a Doctor you know.”

“A dead body Doctor. Maur, you practically faint at the sight of gushing blood.”

“Do not.”

“Do too.”

“Not, not not.”

“Yes, you do.” Jane glanced around and seeing the vacant squad room, bent down to capture Maura's lips in a kiss to prevent another protest.

“Mhm Jane. I need to visit the facilities. Would you accompany me? A prostitute or drug dealer could accost me. I NEED protection.”

“You do. Yes,… you need me. Let's go.” Jane gasped out and followed the fast walking Maura, tugging her hand and both women ducked into the bathroom. Maura discreetly peeked under the stalls and seeing no feet, went directly to the biggest stall, opening the door and yanking Jane inside.

“What? I am not holding your hand while you pee.” Jane tugged her clasped hand to break free but not tugging again when she realized her hand was not going to be released.

“Maura?” She squeaked out, her breathing increasing as she glanced into darkened green eyes.

Maura put her fingers against Jane's lips to quiet any further protest, leaned up and whispered in her ear, “Jane, I needed your touch in the shower but was denied due to a certain pushy cop. I want you to touch me now. I can't wait until we collapse into bed and fall asleep from exhaustion, leaving me still pining for your fingers on me, your mouth kissing me.”

“Do you know how long I've waited for you to say you needed my touch? At least a year.” With no further discussion needed, Jane sank into Maura's soft body, guiding her to lean against the far wall. She half listened for the door to open, announcing another's presence and listened to Maura's whimpers uttered against her nibbling lips.

Maura grew impatient with Jane's slow seduction of kisses and strokes, and took the lead, grabbing Jane's right hand and guiding it down her stomach, under her skirt, through her soft hair and down into her pooled warmth, nestled between her soft thighs.

“Oh Jane. Darling you feel so good,” Maura whispered against Jane's mouth as Jane began to stroke her in earnest, pushing and circling where Maura needed her touch the most. Jane kept up her touch until Maura grasped Jane's strong wrist and pushed down, sliding her hand down, cupping Jane's hand and showing her what she wanted instead of speaking. She pushed until Jane's strong fingers entered her and began thrusting gently. Maura rocked her hips, whimpering her pleasure into Jane's kiss, wrapping her arms up and around Jane's slender neck then gripped her shirt tight.

She whispered her need, “Jane, harder… Yes, Jane. Jane. MM so nice,” and continued rocking hard onto Jane's fingers, shuddering as Jane's thumb pushed hard in exactly the right spot, spiraling her clenching muscles into a tidal wave of pleasure. Jane felt the orgasm before it hit and possessed Maura's mouth, swallowing her loud whimpers and low scream. She held on tight to Maura until the wave passed and afterglow took hold.

“Mhm, so good Jane. You feel so good when I'm sober,” Maura mumbled into Jane's sweaty neck, kissing and licking the salty drops.

A throaty chuckle bubbled out of Jane‘s dry throat, echoing in the empty restroom. “Maur, I'm falling in love with you.” Jane rested her forehead against Maura's.

“Jane, I'm already in love with you. I told you last night, but you might not remember. Some Detective you are.”

A click of the door opening startled both women, causing them to suck in deep breaths and hold it, listening intently for approaching footsteps. Not hearing any, Jane and Maura released with loud sighs and slumped into each other.

A gently knock on the stall door caused both women to once again jump away from each other, startled.

A breathy voice said, “You two missed the interviews.”

“It's Alex.” Jane whispered and smiled at being interrupted, twice in one day.

“We'll be right there Alex, just…Huh, give us a minute to get composed.” Jane shouted breathily.

“Sure. The O‘Reilly‘s confessed.” Soft footsteps walked towards the door and stopped, “sounded good Jane. You two are great together, I'm glad you finally realized it.” The click of her heels echoed as she stepped through the door and out into the hallway without another word uttered.

“Fuck.” Jane shouted then set her forehead against the cool tile wall of the bathroom stall, and wrapped her arms once again around Maura, holding onto her tight.

“Already did.” Maura retorted and laughed a deep laugh, pleased to be in Jane's arms again.

“At least it wasn't Benson. I'd die of embarrassment.”

“Good thing your fucking a coroner. “ Maura paused then continued, “Alex will tell her I'm sure. Pillow talk.” Maura whispered.

“Not cool. So not, cool. Let's skip drinks and slide away into the night. Come on.” Jane tugged Maura's hand and helped her situate her skirt back into place. Both women exited the stall, washed their hands, kissed again then exited the hot bathroom for the cool hallway.

Benson and Cabot greeted both women with toothy grins and lewd whistles, arms wrapped around waists. Warner and Hanson leaned against the wall laughing so hard they had tear tracks coating soft cheeks, hands tightly clasped together, hipbones pressed together.

“Fuck.” Jane exclaimed again.

“Yep. Kick the bullet Jane. You pay to play. Now let's get a drink.”

Jane ignored the whistling women and bent at the waist, laughing so hard she started crying, “Maur, don't ever change.”

“Not going to happen. Come on Detective, drinks await. Only two though tonight. I don't want Alex in our bed again.”

“Benson would slug me and handcuff you. Okay, only minimal alcohol.” Jane pleaded.

The six women left the precinct for a round of drinks at O'Malley's. Olivia promised not to shoot anyone or break any noses. Alex made her take an oath as a promise. Maura and Jane laughed and said at the same time, “yes, Queen.”

 

 

Chapter Nine:

The six women entered O'Malley's and spread out. Olivia, Jane, Maura went to capture a large round table at the back of the bar. Ric went to use the restroom, Melinda discreetly following behind. Alex went to the bar to set up the tab for the group, ensuring that the drinks would be on her AmEx card. She arrived at the table and smiled at the other three as she sat down beside Olivia.

A waitress popped up to the table and took each ladies beverage order. Olivia order beer for Ric and Alex ordered a Vodka Tonic for Melinda.

“Well ladies…” Alex addressed the group. “What a business trip for you two, hmm?”

“Oh, indeed. Circumstances aside Cabot, I have enjoyed getting to know you better and your paramour over here.” She gave a nod and tilt of her head towards Benson, sprawling out over her section of the table. 'Hey Liv, wake up. This is a celebration remember. You're finally getting rid of me and the lovely Queen over here.” A well place elbow in her side from Maura and Benson remained silent, her eyes hooded with exhaustion.

Olivia sighed and said, “Hey Rizzz…remember, I slept on the fucking couch last night, while you snuggled up with the melted Ice Queen over there.” She pointed over to Alex, winked and continued, “I wasn‘t lucky enough to get a soft bed and two gorgeous women to ease my tired and used body into.”

“Ahh. Do you really think we're gorgeous Olivia?” Maura leaned forward and asked in a loud but gentle voice.

“What? Seriously… you two belong together. You should be like the poster girls for lesbianism. I could only hope to be as gorgeous as the pair of you.” Olivia ducked her head shyly, a faint blush rising to her olive tinted cheeks.

Alex reached out and grabbed Olivia's hand, holding loose warm fingers between her two slim hands. “Olivia Benson, you are beautiful. I don't want you to let anyone tell you otherwise. And get out of your cape of self pity. You were magnificent in that interview room. I had to sit on my hands to keep myself from embarrassing us both.” A soft growl escaped from Alex as she leaned closer to Olivia.

“Oh, so meeting up in the precinct bathroom is off limits now is it?” Olivia smirked and winked as she caught Jane's eyes. “Damn, because I had such plans for us tomorrow.”

Jane leaned over to reach Maura's ear and in a low murmur, “we are NEVER going to live this down.”

“I'm not apologizing for wanting you. I'd take you right now if we didn't have an audience and I wasn't utterly exhausted.” Maura sighed then reached over to kiss Jane on the cheek before pulling away.

The waitress returned to the table and set down the drinks, winked at Olivia then turned and exited. Alex watched the whole interaction and growled out, “she is so not getting a tip.”

“Well, Alex…um we have a bit of…well.” Olivia stuttered out.

Alex lifted her hand in a stop motion. “Say no more. It better be over and done with now.”

“Definitely. No question about that.” Olivia leaned over and kissed Alex blatantly on the lips, deepening the kiss, and allowing all to see their new relationship on display. Lewd whistles drifted over from the bar causing Jane and Maura to laugh until they gasped for breath and still Olivia and Alex kissed, oblivious to all others.

“Speaking of taking, where the hell is Ric?” Jane asked and glanced back to the restrooms where Melinda and Ric disappeared about twenty minutes ago. Alex and Olivia whipped around to glance then Olivia said in a shout, “I bet they are reenacting your grand performance.”

With a devilish smirk Olivia said, “I vote Cabot goes to check up on them. Who's with me?”

“Me.” Jane and Maura said at the exact same time, then leaned over and laughed. “Wow.”

“Livvvvv, I am not going to listen to them making out in the restroom. It was different when I checked up on Maura and Jane because of our bonding the night before. Besides, Ric is your EX, not mine.”

A frown and utter silence met her speech.

A loud sigh drifted out of mauve lips. “Okay fine. I'll go, but I'm going to arrest them for indecent exposure if I so much as hear a whimper out of their lips.”

“No, you promised. Let them know we're waiting for them if they aren't 'engaged' and then come back lover…Immediately, no detours to the bar.” Alex glared.

Olivia stood up, bent and kissed Alex briefly on the lips then bowed deep. “Yes, my Queen. I do as you command.” She turned, took a step then said, “But later, your ass is mine, servant wench…” With no further words, she marched to the restrooms.

“Well Alex, I suppose you will be busy later.” Jane guffawed but kept smiling.

“Sounds like it. I do enjoy her type of busy.” Alex agreed and took a sip of Olivia's beer, taking advantage of her absent lover to taste her beverage without ridicule. “Oh, God. I now see why you two are so beer obsessed. OHMMM.” Alex closed her eyes as she swished another drink of beer around her mouth.

Jane and Maura locked eyes at the sound of Alex moaning with such pleasure. “I remember that noise.” Maura whispered. “Yeah, so do I.” Jane whispered back then said, “It's doing funny things to me.”

Maura nodded and closed her eyes briefly, then opened them to gaze into dark brown as they drifted down to stare at her parted lips. “Jane… I‘m not thirsty anymore.”

“I never was. But I sure am…hungry.” Jane said her voice a husky rumble. “We can't leave until Ric returns.”

Oblivious to the staring contest between the ME and Detective, Ric and Melinda returned to the table with Olivia red faced and following a slight distance behind.

Ric pulled out a chair for Melinda and then sat down beside her, a smirk on her face and a twinkle in her eye. Alex noticed the twinkle and the blushing face of her lover and put two and two together, then ducked her head laughing. “Oh, my God. You two were,” she gestured between the smiling Melinda and Ric then turned to ask Olivia, “You did walk in on them engaged didn't you?”

A simultaneous nod from all three answered her question. Jane looked to the trio, breaking eye contact with Maura and laughed at the irony of another couple interrupted in the bathroom. “Maybe you shouldn't have tried to strip search her Ric?” She winked and slapped the table with her hand. Maura ignored the sophomoric humor of the others to dig in her purse, looking for buried treasure in her designer leather bag.

A quick moving elbow knocked Jane in the ribs. “What are you doing babe?” She turned her head to look skeptically at Maura and her digging expedition. “The leaning tower of Lesbos isn't in there you know?” Jane laughed.

“Rizzoli leave her alone.” Olivia scolded then turned her now cooled off face into the neck of her lover for a nuzzle of her soft skin. She glanced at her glass and noticed it was now almost empty. “Um, who drank my beer?”

“Nobody,” Jane said.

“Don't know,” Maura murmured still digging in her purse.

“What beer?” Alex mumbled innocently and batted her eyelashes at the scowling Olivia Benson. “I saw that waitress over here not very long ago. She circled your empty chair like a shark circles its lunch. You are not on her menu, got it?”

“Got it, no waitresses for quickies, I mean hickies…or, err tips. Yeah info.” Olivia stuttered as she gazed into pools of blue, completely forgetting about her disappearing beer briefly. Another bat of long blonde eyelashes and she pushed her glass away to reach for Alex to get a taste of her mouth. “Oh yum. Much better than a cold brew,” she mumbled as she plunged her tongue into the depths of a warm mouth. The patrons of the bar whistled again and this time Ric and Melinda clapped enthusiastically while Jane turned her head to capture Maura's lips in favor of her lukewarm beer, momentarily halting her digging expedition.

“Hotel now?” Jane asked in a whispered voice against nibbling lips.

“Hm yes.” Maura commented. She pulled a wad of cash out of her purse along with her business cards, the objects she was hunting for, along with a couple of cellophane wrapped packages.

This is for the drinks and give the waitress a tip Alex,” Maura handed the money to Alex and glared at her widened blue eyes. She gave the cards to Ric and Melinda for contacts. She tossed the packages, which were dental dams she picked up free of charge from the hotel gift shop onto the table with a wink. Alex and Ric stared at the pile open mouthed then with a click of teeth grabbed them up before their lovers saw them do it.

“Be safe ladies,” laughed Maura as she turned back around to gaze adoringly at Jane.

“Goodbye Benson, Alex. It was nice to meet you Lt, and Doc Warner. Come to Boston soon for a visit. You are all welcome.” Jane shouted as Maura tugged her by the hand out of the bar, never hearing the reciprocating goodbyes or the laughter at Maura's enthusiasm to get Jane in to her bed as quickly as possible.

Maura and Jane walked out onto the sidewalk and into a flagged down taxi, diving inside and shouting the address to the driver. Maura then turned to Jane and once again kissed her deeply, her roaming hands grabbing all available flesh in a grasp of lust.

“I want you, now…baby, I…need,” Maura murmured huskily, as she bit and tugged on Jane's bottom lip. Using the cover of darkness and her flapping coat, Maura slid her hand up a muscled thigh to cup the warm juncture of Jane's slacks and clasped gently.

“Oh, oh my. Not…here. God.” The hand cupping Jane pressed in harder and moved in a circle, causing the seam of her trousers to rub her swollen tissues. “Ffffuck,” Jane hissed out into Maura's kissing mouth.

Maura pulled away and glanced at the driver, seeing his eyes firmly on the road, she trailed her lips down to suck and bite a soft and bent neck, her hand resuming its circling rhythm. Jane spread her legs a bit more, allowing Maura to cup and press harder, driving her arousal and soaking her underwear with liquid warmth.

The screech of the brakes halted Maura's advances. The driver shouted the total and Maura slipped him more than enough tip, opened the door and all but ran into the hotel with Jane dragging along.

“Fuck babe, slow down. I'm going to trip and crash us both to the ground.”

“Elevator or stairs?”

“Elevator. My legs are so wobbly I'd pull us both down since you won't release your death grip on my fingers. I can't feel my fingers Maur.”

“I'm only interested in your mouth Jane. I'll CPR your fingers later, okay?” Maura sighed.

The women boarded the elevator to ride up to the room. Jane smiled, turning her head to gaze into dark green eyes and murmured, “This will be our first time in a bed.”

“I know. I'm really tired but I want you so much.”

Jane wrapped her arms around Maura, hugging her tightly and whispered into her flushed ear as the elevator jerked to a halt at their floor, “I will be gentle and slow tonight.” They walked down the hall to the room side-by-side, arms still wrapped tightly together.

“I want you Jane; however you will give yourself to me. But I want to come with you, while lying on you, skin to skin.”

“That will most definitely be arranged.” Jane keyed the lock and thrusts open the door as she guided Maura into the dark hotel suite.

Maura turned to Jane and kissed her. She gently nibbled, delicately licked and in a haze of lust and love, moved her tongue to dance with Jane's. Jane backed them up until they reached the bedroom, never stopping her kisses and began to undress with Maura's help. Jane eased off Maura's clothes in between nibbling lips and then she pulled Maura on top of her as she sprawled backwards on the bed.

“God Maura. You feel incredible. I can't imagine my drunk brain forgot the feel of you lying on me.”

“I don't think I did Jane.” Maura whispered then continued with a giggle, “I seem to recall your smooth wet lips pressed to my mouth for most of our lovemaking.”

“Ughh. Oh….that would explain the teeth marks on my thigh. I wondered about that in the shower.”

“Hmm.” Maura stroked up and down Jane's body, touching every bit of skin. Jane murmured and moaned as warm hands glided over tight muscles, bony hips, and smooth thighs. Maura reached down to kiss Jane, then pulled back to ease up off Jane's body. She scooted forward until her hips rested only inches away from a wanton and parted mouth. Jane's dark eyes gazed into Maura's pools of emerald, the depths of color twinkling with mischief and desire.

In a throaty voice, Maura asked, “Want me?”

“More than you'll ever comprehend.” Jane eased her hands up and tugged Maura the rest of the way to straddle her chin. Without any further comments, Jane lifted her mouth to kiss hot lips, kissing her lover's most intimate place, moaning and humming her pleasure at her first taste of Maura.

“Oh Jane…” Maura gasped as Jane kissed her skillfully. She tilted her hips down, feeling her heat coiling as Jane nibbled her hard erection, rolling her tongue to illicit the deepest moans from her lover.

Maura screamed at the feel of Jane sucking her off, licking her with a hunger never before experienced. The need she felt coiling in her belly all day finally sprung loose in an explosion of warm tingles and shaking muscles. Jane guided her through the dance of release until she collapsed from exhaustion. She flipped around, kissed Jane's sticky lips and promptly fell asleep on a deep exhale of warm breath.

Jane still aroused, looked to the darkened hotel ceiling and sighed. “Well fuck.” She kissed Maura's cheek and closed her eyes, willing her exhausted body to ignore the heat between her legs and follow her lover into the sea of sleep.

A softly murmured “I love you Jane,” reached her flushed ear and with a smile on her lips, Jane plunged into the darkness. The coiled warmth gathered in her loins traveled up and settled in an unexpected place; her heart.

 

 

Chapter Ten:

Reluctantly Jane and Maura boarded the plane for Boston, not wanting to leave their hotel bed after Maura woke Jane up with a teasing touch that lead to more teasing touches and almost caused the new couple to miss the taxi taking them to the airport.

Jane allowed the bellhop to carry down Maura's now heavier bag to be loaded into the taxi. Her muscles still straining from the early morning activities with her very athletic lover.

“Hey Maur, we should talk on the plane before we get into Boston.”

“What about?”

Jane picked up Maura's hand as they rode to the airport. “This. Us. What will happen back at work? Who are we going to tell?”

“It's up to you Jane. I know that I can't hide how much I want you. I'm afraid it will be apparent to all who glance at us together that I love you as more than I used to.” Maura smiled and squeezed the cold fingers wrapped around her hand, clutching tightly. “Know that I love you Detective Rizzoli and I'm able to get another job if it becomes to uncomfortable for us to work together anymore. I won't leave you if that's what you are worrying about.”

With a nod of her head and another squeeze of warm fingers, Jane watched the city of New York fly by out the dirty taxi window. Maura watched her lover out of the corner of her eye for the remaining ride. They arrived at the airport in record time, unloaded the bags after Jane grunted at the weight of Maura's, then boarded the plane for the quick trip back to the commonwealth of Boston and the reality of attention demanding jobs.

Jane settled down in the first class seat with a sigh and promptly fell asleep. She slept the whole plane ride. Maura watched her lover snooze for a bit then turned her head and gazed at the passing clouds lost in her thoughts of Jane and her newfound happiness. The wheels of the plane hit the tarmac far too soon and the couple left the plane in silence, both lost in thoughts.

Jane flicked the locks of her mustang and said, “Maura, will you stay with me tonight?” She fidgeted from foot-to-foot as she loaded the luggage into the small trunk then shut it with a bang. She leaned forward on the warm metal and awaited Maura's response.

“Of course. I would love to. I need to check the house and unload my dirty laundry but otherwise, yes.” Maura smiled as she climbed into the mustang and eased the door shut. She turned in the seat to watch Jane climb in and situate herself on the leather seat; a smile, one Maura noticed as reserved only for her, gracing plump lips.

“You know Jane. Now that we're lovers, I might as well confess, I'm in love with your car. The leather seats, the feel of the gearshift, the scent of you that lingers within.” Maura stroked her fingers along the dashboard, turning to Jane and suggested with a wink, “I would enjoy christening it.”

A quick shake of her head, and Jane shouted, laughing, “Ah Hah. I knew you only slept with me for my car.” Jane leaned over for a quick kiss that turned not so quick as Maura melted into Jane, moaning her happiness into warm lips.

“I need you Maura and I will not spot my leather seats. So, we'll stay at your place for a bit.” Jane commented and winked at Maura as she started the car and backed out of her space.

“I want you too.” Maura whispered then continued, “I feel like I've wanted you since those dazzling brown eyes of yours first landed on my flowered dress and you sighed then laughed. Remember?”

“Yep, sure do. Couldn't forget about you for days afterwards. It didn't help that you practically stalked me. Don't think I didn't know what you were up to Doctor Isles.” Jane shifted and drove down the highway, heading to Maura's secluded neighborhood and her plush king size bed. “The minute we locked eyes you grabbed my heart Maur.”

Maura reached out to clasp Jane's hand, holding firm until the sight of her house appeared before them. She released a sigh, looking at Jane and then smiled. “We're here.”

“That we are. Let's get the cement blocks, err I mean luggage out of the car and get inside.” Jane said as she opened her door and prepared to exit the sleek car. Maura grabbed her shirt, tugging her back inside with a plop as she hit the leather seat. “Not so fast lover,” Maura said in a husky lust laced voice as she stroked her hands up strong arms, over muscled shoulders and up to clasp a slim, warm neck. She leaned in a kissed Jane, not releasing her shocked lips until she had her fill of the taste of Jane, which was several minutes later. Jane shivered in response to the fire blasted from her lover's hooded eyes.

“Uh, inside.” Jane stuttered with a tilt of her head in the direction of the house. “Fuck the luggage for now.”

“It will be fine for now, I'm sure.” Maura exited the car on shaky legs, and said, “I need your touch Jane.”

Jane slid over the hood of her car in a practiced move, landing right in front of her lover and wrapped her up in strong arms, whispering in a breathless voice into a warm neck, “I want you too, so much.” She kissed the warm skin beside her lips then pulled back and tugged Maura inside, both women tripping over their feet in the haste to get inside.

Maura's fingers fumbled with her keys until Jane finally yanked them away and unlocked the door with much steadier fingers. Once inside, Maura guided Jane over to her designer leather sofa and proceeded to strip off her tight clothes and bring pleasure to them both.

Sometime between dusk and dawn, Jane's cell phone rang, a loud echo of reality amidst the lovers paradise she and Maura created.

Jane rolled off Maura's body, landing on her wobbly knees beside the couch where they crashed the minute they stepped inside the door hours before. “I have to get that.”

“No…” Maura whimpered as the cold air hit her bare skin.

“It might be the precinct.”

“It's not. I don't recognize that ringer. It's a stranger calling you, pulling you away from me.”

Jane ran to her jacket, tossed near the front door, and picked it up to dig for her phone. She pulled it out and looked at the caller ID. “It's a New York number.”

“Hello,” she said cautiously.

Hey lovers. Sounds like you made your plane okay. We had a bet going .”

“Hey Benson. A bet huh? Fucking figures.”

Yeah I lost. Alex pulled it. She knew your lady would keep you on track.” Olivia laughed softly, the sound echoing through the receiver.

“Well actually,” Jane laughed. “She almost made us late. She insisted on breakfast first.”

“Hahahaha. Great. Well anyways, this number is my apartment phone number. Keep it and we will see you two soon.”

“Got it. Tell the crew goodbye for us…Bye Olivia.”

Take care of her, she's a good one for you. Goodbye Jane .”

Jane flipped her phone shut, a puzzled expression gracing her features as she turned her head to gaze at Maura. “That was Benson, they are such jerks sometimes.” Then she broke into laughter, bending at the waist with the force of her gasps.

“What?”

Jane tossed her jacket away and walked over to ease her sore body down beside her lover, grabbing the throw off the back of the couch and snuggling them together. She kissed Maura's frowning mouth and murmured, “they bet on us.” Kiss, “missing the plane,” kiss, “and staying there another day in bed.”

“Hm, yeah jerks,” Maura agreed as she wrapped her arms around Jane, meshing soft skin together.

Jane pulled away, “It was Alex that won,” she gazed down to look at hooded green, “somehow, she knew your OCD would keep us on track.”

“No Jane. It was the thought of having you on top of me in my bed. You loving me amongst my silk sheets motivated me to get us back here on time. I really didn't want to make you come in the airport bathroom as we got delayed.”

“Hm.” Jane kissed Maura again, silencing any further dialogue from her rambling lover.

As the sun rose, shining its warming rays on the new couple as they lay sprawled on the sofa, Maura opened her eyes to gaze at Jane as she slept curled up, legs and arms wrapped around her.

“I love you Jane Rizzoli.” Maura mumbled, kissing a soft cheek then closing her eyes to once again sleep satiated and protected.

“You too Maur,” a husky murmur reached Maura's ears and a soft, warm kiss in response placed against her naked shoulder.

“The luggage Jane. We forgot it.”

“Ah well. I'm a cop, we can track it down if someone took it. Besides, this ritzy area, I'm sure no thieves would be stupid enough to break into a ME's suitcase.”

“I don't know. Might find my collection of fingernails.,” Maura said in a serious tone of voice.

“What?” Jane jerked her head up in shock. “I had no idea.” She saw the smile break out on Maura's face. “A joke. You just told a joke?” She shook her head and noticed Maura still smiling at her. “I should have bedded you long ago, if only I'd known it would make you funny.”

“I do try sometimes.”

“I hope you keep trying for a long time. I love your sense of humor.”

The ringing of Maura's house phone disturbed the quiet lassitude the lover's fell into. Jane reached over and handed Maura her cordless then laid back down to snuggle. Maura spoke in serious but brief sentences. She hung up the phone and looked down at Jane as she laid beside her.

“Work?” Jane asked.

“Work,” Maura answered with a sigh.

The women jumped of the couch and headed for the bathroom to clean up and go take care of work. Jane borrowed Maura's slumming clothes because their suitcases still remained in the car trunk. A record twenty-five minutes later, Jane pulled her mustang into the precinct parking lot, helping Maura out of the car then setting the alarm.

They held hands not really paying attention to the affectionate gesture until they walked into the lobby and Jane noticed Billy, the desk cop, glancing at them with widened eyes and an open mouth.

Maura remained oblivious until Jane jerked her back and whispered in her ear, “well Doc, looks like we're about to the gossip of the day.”

“Good then I won't have to pretend I'm not absolutely in love with you.” Maura reached over and planted a soft kiss on Jane's lips while Billy still watched them with wide eyes. Then she tugged her lover into the now open elevator doors, smiling and winking at Billy as the doors slammed shut with a resounding bang. Jane slumped against the wall in shock, her head swimming and her thighs shaking.

“Wow,”

“Wow indeed.”

“Lunch together?”

Maura practically purred, “Yes. Dinner too. I have quite the appetite these days.”

Jane nodded and gulped. It was going to be a long day.

 

.

Chapter Eleven:

Eight Months after the Return to Boston:

NYC:

A knock on the apartment door one dreary Friday morning brought Olivia Benson from her comfortable spot on the light leather sofa and to the door. She glanced through the peephole as any woman in the great city of New York should, and seeing the door attendant Willy reached down and opened the door quickly.

“Hello Miss Benson,” he said and handed her a pile of papers, a small box and plastic wrap, “here you go. Your mail.”

With a sigh, she said, “it's Liv to you. I've lived here for three months already. But we'll work on that okay. Thank you so much. Ahh, looks like the jacket Alex ordered arrived.”

“Yes, well. Good day…Liv,' he said and winked.

Willy gave a nod and backed away, walking down the hallway for parts unknown. Olivia glanced at the pile in her hand briefly then shook her head in wonder, not quite use to the door mail delivery. Ohh, wealth she thought.

“Hey babe,” Olivia shouted at her lover Alex as she closed the penthouse apartment door with a bang. She clutched the pile of fashion magazines and letters with a strong grip. “Your box arrived.”

Soft footsteps echoed down the hall, heralding the arrival of Alex fresh from the shower, wet hair wrapped in a towel and her light pink robe on and open at the front. She walked up to her lover and glanced to the full hands. “Oh, my jacket. And magazines. This is great.”

Olivia rolled her eyes. ”Yep, perfect. We can curl on the sofa under the blanket and look through our mail.”

Alex leaned in and kissed the smiling lips of her detective then pulled away. “Why yes, Miss,” she winked then continued, “we'll curl up and watch our favorite movie. Why don't you nuke us some corn and swirl us up some Irish coffees while I put on some comfy clothes and dry my hair.” She turned on her heel and walked away, leaving Olivia staring after her fluttering pink robe as it trailed down to the shiny wood floor of the hallway.

“Damn, she knows where to push me,” she commented to the box in her arms as she walked over and set her burdens down and went about making the requested items. Five minutes later, popcorn and mugs in hand, she sat down on the sofa and picked up the remote, flicking on Imagine Me and You.. Alex appeared in her lovers' boxers and a tank top. “Hey will you grab the mail, my hands were full,” Olivia asked.

“Sure baby.” Alex detoured and swept up the mail in her arms then sat down on the sofa with a plop. Olivia reached out and pressed play. Alex watched the movie start and said softly, “I love this movie.”

“That's why its our favorite. I love it too.” Olivia smiled and leaned back, drinking her hot coffee and watching her lover sort out the mail into the standard three piles of Alex, Liv, and both. Two envelopes made the both pile this week, which was standard for them since they decided to live together three months prior. Olivia ignored her small pile of her own mail, enjoyed Alex tearing through her magazines, and finally opened the box.

“What color did you order this month?”

Alex reached out, swatted Olivia's strong thigh, and shook out the cream-colored leather jacket. She turned her head while holding the jacket out in front and said, “For your info lover, I ordered this for you. I'm tired of seeing you in black and dark brown. You know you look hot in eggshell white. That cable nit sweater you wear makes me wet for you.” She smirked and tossed the new jacket on Olivia's lap.

“Babe…I appreciate the gift, but honestly, you can't keep placating my affections with gifts.” She flicked the soft jacket open and glanced at the label. “Even such beautiful ones as this. Armani, damn. Oh, it smells great,” she buried her nose in it and inhaled deeply.

Alex dropped the magazine she had picked up and reached out to twirl her fingers in Liv's soft neck hairs seductively. “I love you Olivia and I want to gaze at you in this jacket. Now shut up.” She reached out for the ‘both' pile and set them in her lap. “I'm going to open this one,” she placed one in her lovers lap, “and you open that one.”

Setting the jacket to the side, she picked up the light blue envelope and glanced at the return address, noting the Boston address. “I wonder…” she pulled out the card, flicked it open, glanced at the swirling feminine writing and promptly dropped it in shock. “Fuck.” she exclaimed with wide eyes. Alex looked at her and snatched up the card, opened it and read the same script then dropped it also, her eyes widening with each deep breath she took. “Well Fuck.”

“I know, huh?”

Alex shook her head and picked up the card reading a loud the shocking message within the twirled dark blue paper, “We cordially invite Alexandra Cabot and Olivia Benson to the joining of Doctor Maura Isles and Jane Rizzoli, First day of April, Two Thousand and Twelve.”

“She's nuts,” Olivia shouted. Alex lifted her mouth into a loving smile and said, “They love each other very much and deserve our attendance. We're going. End of argument, and I'm renting you a tuxedo my dashing Prince.” She leaned over and kissed a soft cheek, nuzzling fragrant, sweet skin.

“Uh. I'm going to kill Jane.”

“Well I'm going to kiss Maura congratulations on bagging the handsome Italian.” Alex whispered and continued kissing her lover.

After several deep moans from Olivia's dry throat, she said, “I'll wear a tux, but only for you. Oh, that feels good.“ After several gasping breaths as an after thought she mumbled, “ I‘m dragging you to the bachelors party.”

“And I'm dragging you to Maura's bachelorette's party. I‘ve already seen the goods, so the stripping won‘t be a distraction for me… or you either.”

“Okay. Now let's cuddle.” Olivia said, ending any further conversation for a while.

Across the Bridge in a Loft in Brooklyn, New York City: Same Night

Ric Hanson opened her front door to find the pile of today's mail placed just inside. She kicked it out of the way and stepped inside quickly. Her lover Melinda Warner followed closely behind, arms wrapped firmly around the muscled waist.

“Oh babe.” Ric muttered as Melinda kissed the back of her bare neck, teasing and arousing her. She shut the door, turned around within the strong arms, and attacked her lover's luscious lips, kissing deeply, and tongues twirling together in a practiced dance of lust.

“I need you so much Ric,” Melinda gasped as she pulled away from the kiss to breathe.

“And I you, Lover,” Ric softly whispered. “I've never felt this way with anyone else but you.”

“It's been eight months and I still want you every time I look into your beautiful eyes,” Ric said then bent her mouth to kiss and nibble Melinda's warm neck.

“I wanted you before, I just didn't understand it.”

“Well I'm glad you do now.” Ric kissed her again then pulled away and said, “I want you right now, but I'm going to refrain and suggest we spend some vertical time together for once.” She smiled and stepped back another step, forcing the strong arms wrapped around her waist to let go. Melinda looked at her in disbelief with hooded eyes.

“A movie. Fine, but I want to watch Imagine Me and You.” Melinda's deep husky voice requested.

“I love that movie, no hard feeling from me. I'm going to go through the mail while you set it up.” She bent down, scooped up her pile of letters in one hand, and walked over to her dark blue sofa, plopping down with a loud groan. “God, I love this couch.” She stretched out her legs and leaned back, flicking open the letters with only half interest. Melinda set up the movie, joined her lover on the couch, and groaned.

“I love your couch too. And it helps that your sitting on it with me,” Melinda looked at Ric with a smile.

“True.” Halfway through the stack of letters, she reached a light blue envelope with a Boston return address. “Hm, must be from Maura. She mentioned last week to look for a letter from her.”

“Oh Maura. I talk with Maura everyday now. I like her spunk, and her quirkiness.”

“MMh. Oh shit,” she exclaimed after flipping open the dark blue card to read the flowing script within.

“What?”

Ric read a loud, “We cordially invite Richelle Hanson and Melinda Warner to the joining of Doctor Maura Isles and Jane Rizzoli, First day of April, Two Thousand and Twelve.”

“I guess I better dig out the tux then.” Ric muttered as she leaned forward to set the invitation on the wooden coffee table with a sigh.

“I am happy for them. It's obvious how much Maura loves Jane. What I can't figure out is why they didn't say anything before now. We talk all the time.” Melinda said with a huff.

Ric shrugged, shook her head and said, “I don't know. I just don't know.”

“Hmm. First time for everything I suppose. I mean, Jane accepting to get married, you and me spending time upright for once, and Maura keeping a secret for a while obviously. Just wow.”

The movie continued to play in the background as the stunned women stared at the screen without really seeing it, both contemplating the changes of the past year in silence.

Same Day Boston:

 

Jane and Maura lay naked and intertwined, resting their bodies while their minds floated as all lovers do after having made love for the past few hours.

Jane kissed the hot skin of her lovers shoulder and mumbled, “So do you think they opened them yet?”

“The phone has been silent for the past few hours Jane,” Maura whispered bluntly. “They would call otherwise.”

“MMHm, probably right.”

A soft chirp sounded by Jane's ear, and she turned her head to see her cell phone on the night stand light up as it rang with Benson's assigned ringer. “Well there you go. Benson's opened hers.”

A different sound started off farther away from the bed. Maura's phone on the cherry wood dresser started to ring with the death march, her assigned ringer for Melinda Warner. She lifted her head, glanced at it then let her head fall back down on the pillow, and leaned in to whisper, “Ric and Melinda opened theirs.”

“I guess our demanding friends want to yell at us for keeping the secret.”

“The might yell but I'm going to ignore the calls for now. The only yelling acceptable now, Jane Rizzoli, is your screaming of my name in pleasure as I kiss your most intimate places.” With a quick scoot, Maura was under the sheet and keeping her promises.

“Oh yes. I'm going to love being married to you.” Jane gasped out as a warm tongue stroked her in the most provocative way.

“You better.” Maura scolded and continued completing her task. Maura Isles never leaves a task incomplete after all.

“Fuck, I love you,” were the last words out of Jane Rizzoli's mouth as her body trembled from Maura's loving ministrations.

The cell phones continued to ring late into the night, and they remained unanswered.

 

The End

Return to the Annex