"Tonya's Heart"

Dedicated to Tonya Muir

1/25/2001

By Murphy

 

Disclaimer: We just lost this noble person. I have no words to make this better! My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. I did not get a chance to meet her, but we did write a few times! I am sitting here crying and trying to find a way to deal with this! I was in awe of all the strength she showed! She is still an inspiration! Hope I can put in into words that honor her. First poem is by Author unknown. Second poem by Inspired Lor :) This is number twenty-seven of the series. Thank you to my beta team! Becky Lovall, Trish Shields, Sue Rice, Cindy (ForevaXena), and Raven.

 

 

Life is but a stopping place,

A pause in what's to be,

A resting place along the road,

to sweet eternity.

We all have different journeys,

Different paths along the way,

We all were meant to learn some things,

but never meant to stay...

Our destination is a place,

Far greater than we know.

For some the journey's quicker,

For some the journey's slow.

And when the journey finally ends,

We'll claim a great reward,

And find an everlasting peace,

Together with the lord.

 

Journal Entry:

 

Hello. My heart is heavy and my hand is not steady this evening. This entry will be short. I received news that a dear friend of mine passed. Tonya was a girl who had a great gift. She could sing a scroll with the best, such a natural. I met her on one of my visits to the Academy and she had such an impact on my life. We managed to keep in touch through the years, despite my unusual lifestyle.

 

Tonya never ceased to send me word one way or another of the goings on in her life: her wedding, writing, and family. I’ll never forget the night I got her letter telling me about her illness which had no known cure. Xena had to hold me that night and we set out the next day to visit her. I had no idea what to expect from my friend. Thinking 'illness' you sort of get ideas of frail or sickly. I was very wrong.

 

When we arrived at Tonya's home, just outside of Athens, her mother greeted us herself. After speaking with her mother, I could see where Tonya’s bravery came from. She gave Xena and I an update on what Tonya and her husband had been up to. They’ve both been searching for a cure, always fighting, and never giving up hope. I was not surprised because my friend always had always been strong and viewed life as a precious gift.

 

Our visit was inspiring and I left with the belief that if anyone could overcome anything that battle the Fates and win, it would be Tonya. Xena even had a strong respect for her.

 

Then I received word of her passing and how even at the end she still radiated a strong will to live. I’m so glad that those who loved her most were with her before she made her final journey.

 

In my grief I’m experiencing conflicting feelings. I am grateful that her pain is over, yet I’m left with a wound on my heart because such a wondrous soul was taken from us. I’m also angry that such a soul who fought so hard was snatched away from us. She never once thought of herself. She always had a smile, encouraging word, or a hug ready for anyone who needed it. The dead can hear our thoughts, so I now sing the song of Tonya.

 

Tonya, did you ever know what a beautiful person you were? You encouraged others with illnesses to carry on and to never give up the fight for life. Tonya, you gave hope to those who desperately needed it. Even when there were times you just want to give up, you fought on. You were such an inspiration to us all and touched every person you talked with. Your poetic words sung out the best story. The mightiest of warriors were brought to their knees when you wove your epic tales.

 

Your zest for life was so refreshing, even leaving the mighty Warrior Princess in awe. You reminded us that we must always seize the day for life is too short. I try even through at times it’s hard, to be thankful for what I’ve been blessed with, and to make sure that the people I care for know that I love them. I also believe that death is far from an ending. A new beginning always occurs in the cycle of life.

 

Challenges thrown your way

Delving deep inside your soul

Searching for your inner strength

Looking towards your family and friends

Some who were near and far

Others you may not have ever known

Always searching for that light

You followed it for so long

Trying to find the end to that tunnel

Bards and poets are one

We are family, feel our love

You will always be with us.

You have touched so many lives

Allow your spirit to be free

for you are in peace everlasting

 

I can see you in the Fields with those sparking eyes dreaming up new scrolls to be sung. Know that you will never be forgotten. You are alive in all the hearts you touched with the beauty. Thank you for being in my life for I am truly better for it. Love you Tonya.

 

Until tomorrow,

 

Gabrielle

 

TBC

 

All Tonya's works can be found on Mary D's http://www.ausxip.com/bards2.html or http://members.xoom.com/tmuir/storiespage.htm All are very worth reading!

Sword and Staff will administer this collection. If you wish to donate in Tonya's name please send your donation to.

 

Sword and Staff

P.O. Box 224

Floral Park, NY 11002

USA

 

The following is from Mist at Sword and Staff:

As many of you have heard, Tonya Muir lost her long battle with cancer this past week. Tonya was truly a sweet soul, and anyone who knew her or met her knows that we have all suffered a great loss with her passing. Tonya was very supportive of our efforts with Sword and Staff, and I felt it proper that we do something to celebrate her life. In her memory, I will be collecting donations to the Rainforest Preservation Foundation. The acreage of Amazon Rainforest we preserve in her name will be a perpetual memorial to a young woman who touched so many lives. If you'd like to participate, please send a check payable to the Rainforest Preservation Foundation to:

 

Sword and Staff

P.O. Box 224

Floral Park, NY 11002

 

Or give to the American Cancer Society or Denver Dumb Friend's League at 2080 S. Quebec Denver Co. 80231-3298. It was announced recently that all money from the sale of Tonya's book "Breaking Away" will be donated for research into investigating unknown primary source cancer. Sword and Staff will administer this collection. There is a cure for cancer...it's just a matter of finding it. (From Mary D's site)


Return to Main Page