Remember

by Remember


Disclaimers: Xena, Gabrielle and any other characters featured in the actual TV series are copyrighted to MCA/Universal and Renaissance Pictures; just borrowing for this story.

SPOILERS AND RANT WARNING: No spoilers here. But this takes place after FIN2. So don't freak out about the ending...It could happen...over someone's dead body...oh wait...that's already happened. Hence, my reason for this story...Stupid TPTB...

SUMMARY: A certain God of War finds comfort in the arms of another woman.

HURT/COMFORT WARNING/DISCLAIMER I guess this falls into the comfort end of things.


She calls out to me. She cries out because she knows I understand. And I come because I know she recognizes the truth. The love inside our hearts can't be denied. And no one will understand but us two. So I come to her. Because of need. My arrogance claims it is because of her need. But I know the truth....it is because of my need...

I need to remember....

And I go to her, every time she calls. As soon as I stand before her, the tempest begins. She doesn't want me to be gentle. I can't be gentle. We both know what this is about....

Remembering....

And so every time we come together, it is a storm. Like lightning striking the green earth, like the rains pounding into the dirt...We unite until the floods comes...Until our hearts pound...

Because we remember...

She keeps her eyes close, pulling me down by my long ebony hair. I too keep my eyes close, as the shadows of the past dance before my closed lids. And as I feel her squirm beneath me, she bites down on my shoulder and claws her nails down my back. I know she is feeling the same thing I do...

And we remember together....

I don't look at her, fearing the trance will break; fearing she will see all the emotions I try to hide. My arrogance tries to take over, wanting to see into her green eyes, needing to believe that in some way she wants me....

But then I remember....

We don't want, but need each other. In my arms, she remembers the strength. In her arms, I remember the vulnerability.

We remember our love....

It doesn't matter if history remembers her as my Chosen One. It doesn't matter if the scrolls list me as her 'god'. We both know the truth. We don't belong to each other, we belong to her. Both the Bard of Poteidaea and the God of War belong to the Warrior Princess....

Because we can never forget.

Written and Copyrighted By: Paully Adams


Back To Main Page