Disclaimers: See Part I

Acknowledgement: The poems quoted herein are used with permission of the author and are contained in 'Poetry from the Featherbed' by pinfeather, Copyright 2003 by pinfeather. Published by Dare 2 Dream Publishing, a Division of Limitless Corporation, Lexington, South Carolina 29073 (http://www.limitlessd2d.net).

Feedback: Suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome; spam and vitriol are

not. Encouraging words and a pat on the back are more than welcome. That having been said read on and let me know what you think. sageamante@yahoo.com

 

LOVE’S JOURNEY FOUND

Copyright © Saggio Amante 2004

All rights reserved.

Waking now, I reach to hold you, but I’m in my bed alone

And I cannot touch your sweet voice, calling on the telephone

Reaching out across the distance, two hearts trying to be one

But for now we are apart, love, and I hate the morning sun.

Raindrops ("Poetry from the Featherbed" by pinfeather)

 

Part 3 - WEDNESDAYS ARE FOR WISHES

Marina awoke slowly to the kneading of a small hand on her breast. She knew that the sleeping blonde wasn’t aware of what she was doing and that made the sensation even more erotic. It had been a long time since anyone had aroused her as much as the woman in her arms. Marina lay motionless, feeling her nipples harden and her center contract, until she could stand it no longer and gently pushed Lizette’s hand off her breast.

Lizette moaned softly but didn’t awaken. Subconsciously she was aware that her hand had moved and in her mind’s eye, in her dream, she saw her hand caress a pert breast, then move slowly down over ribs and abdomen to cup silken hair covering a prominent mound. She watched as her fingers tangled in the dark hair she found there, and then slipped between soft, wet folds.

Marina felt Lizette’s hand rub against the denim covering her, wishing that the hand were on the inside of those denims and not the outside. She throbbed with an aching need to feel Lizette’s skin against her skin, and she sucked in a breath knowing that if she let Lizette continue, there would be no turning back.

"I promised you that we’d go slowly," Marina whispered into curly blonde hair as she reached down to slip her fingers between Lizette’s and stop the movement of the small blonde’s hand against her. She felt a momentary regret but knew in her heart that she would hate herself even more if Lizette were to awaken and respond with horror at what was happening.

Marina tightened her arms around Lizette. "Wake up sleepyhead," she said. "The sun is coming up. You don’t want to miss this."

Lizette stretched against her. "I’m awake," she mumbled sleepily as she rolled off Marina’s shoulder. She sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes. She seemed totally unaware of what had transpired as she slept.

Marina sat up beside her, and then slipped back to lean against the large rock behind them. She sat with her legs splayed. "Slide back here," she said. "You’ll be more comfortable."

Lizette didn’t hesitate but slid back and leaned against Marina. She felt the taller woman’s arms curl around her and hold her loosely. She tilted her head to the right and let it lay against Marina’s shoulder. She could feel the beat of Marina’s heart against her back, echoing the beat of her own heart, which threatened to leap from her chest.

Marina’s breath tickled her ear, evoking an odd mixture of desire and contentment. She felt warm and protected and wondered when she had ever felt so completely safe.

A tangerine sun rose on the horizon. The ocean was calm, and the reflection of the sun on its glassy surface was magical.

"That has to be one of the most beautiful sights in the world," Lizette sighed. "Thank you for sharing this with me. I wish I could stay in this moment forever," Lizette whispered.

"So do I," Marina crooned in her ear.

They sat together waiting for the final edge of the sun to lift off the horizon and, when it did, they rose and headed hand in hand back to the house.

*~*~*~*

"Would you like to take a shower?" Marina asked as they walked up the steps.

"I need to change and pick up a few things at the hotel. I can shower there."

"I can give you a change of clothes. They’ll be a little large, but I think they’ll do until you can get your own. Why don‘t I rustle up some coffee while you shower and change? Then I‘ll drive you back to the hotel," Marina offered hopefully.

"I’d rather shower at the hotel if you don‘t mind," Lizette said. "Why don’t you drive me back, and we’ll have coffee there?"

"All right," Marina conceded. "But I’d like to shower first. Why don’t you freshen up while I shower and change? There are some new toothbrushes in the drawer in the guest bathroom."

The two women moved in opposite directions, each feeling an unsettling sense of loss as the distance between them increased.

*~*~*~*

Marina returned to the living room, toweling her wet hair, and found Lizette sipping espresso while she laughed uproariously at the antics of the heavy woman sitting next to her on the couch. Nonna was talking a mile a minute, waving her hands in the air to punctuate her words.

"Nonna, if you didn‘t have hands you‘d be speechless," Marina laughed. "What lies are you telling Lizette?" Marina leaned over to place an affectionate kiss on her grandmother’s cheek as Nonna beamed at her.

"I’ma tella her, watch out for my Marina, she’s a Perelli and Perellis will steala you heart beforea you know it." Nonna laughed loudly as she reached toward Lizette.

Knowing that a cheek pinch was on its way, Lizette pulled back and smiled broadly at the older woman. "Oh no you don’t, Nonna. I’m wise to you now," she said affectionately as she winked at Marina.

"So, you gonna staya here for a while?" Nonna asked.

Nonna saw a sad look wash fleetingly over the young woman’s face, mirrored by a similar look on her granddaughter’s face.

"I wish I could, Nonna," Lizette said, "but I have to go to Columbia on business today. I have a trip to Atlanta tomorrow, and then I’m scheduled to fly back home on Friday. I’m staying at the Embassy Suites."

"So, you gota no more business after tomorrow?"

"No, I should be through tomorrow."

"Well, then. My Marina she bringa you things here. You no stay at a hotel when she got sucha gooda place and so mucha room. Whata you say?" The old woman grinned widely at Marina.

"Nonna, don’t embarrass Lizette!" Marina felt the burning heat rushing into her face as she looked at the smaller woman. "I’m sorry. I … I hope she didn’t … I … uh …"

Lizette was amused at Marina’s discomfort. "She didn’t embarrass me," she said, turning to the older woman.

"Nonna, I appreciate the invitation, but I think you’ve made Marina uncomfortable. If you’re here the next time I’m in town, perhaps I could take you up on your kind invitation if that’s all right with Marina." Lizette sat her coffee cup on the table, then bent to kiss the beaming grandmother on her cheek.

"Bella. Bella," Nonna mumbled, looking at Marina. "Dona let thisa one get away," she groused as she stood and ambled back toward her room.

Marina smiled apologetically at Lizette. "I’m sorry. Nonna gets carried away sometimes, but she means well."

"She’s wonderful," Lizette replied. "There’s no need to apologize."

"Listen, we’d better get going if I’m going to get you to the airport in time," Marina said.

*~*~*~*

Marina pulled the Corvette up to the hotel entrance and handed her keys to the valet as he opened the driver’s side door. She followed Lizette up to the room and waited as the small blonde searched her purse for the door card, then followed her into the room, shutting the door behind them.

"Do you still want some coffee? I can order it while you shower," Marina said.

"I’ve had enough coffee; Nonna’s espresso is lethal, but some orange juice sounds good. How about you?"

"Orange juice sounds good to me."

Lizette grabbed a change of clothes and went into the bathroom while Marina called room service.

Marina sat at the small table on the opposite side of the room as she placed the call. She ordered orange juice and an assortment of scones and crullers. She heard the shower start and smiled as Lizette began humming in that same sweet, off-key voice that Marina had found so endearing in the car on the way to the beach.

Marina hung up the phone and looked up, her eye catching a movement in the dresser mirror. ‘Oh my god,’ she thought as her breath caught in her throat. The door to the bathroom was cracked open and a foggy image of Lizette was reflected in the dresser mirror. Marina averted her eyes, then turned back, unable to take her eyes off the shape of the nude blonde behind the shower door.

Lizette felt the hot water beating against her skin and reached for the shampoo in the tray. She poured some into her hands and rubbed it through her hair, enjoying the lather it created. She eased her soapy hands over her face and down her neck, then let them slip across her breasts, cupping them softly.

Closing her eyes, Lizette let her mind focus on the tall woman in the next room, imagining that it was those hands that she felt rubbing against her nipples and traveling to reach that throbbing place between her thighs. She touched herself gently, letting just one finger slip between the folds to rest against her swollen clitoris. Then, as if washing herself, she moved slowly back and forth until she felt her knees weaken as a small, sweet orgasm washed over her.

Unexpectedly, a sense of guilt overwhelmed her as the last of her orgasm subsided, and Lizette quickly turned the hot water off, letting the sudden sting of the cold water bring her back to reality.

’Jesus, I haven’t done that since I was a teenager,’ she thought as she turned the water off and reached out of the shower to grab a towel.

Marina sat frozen in the chair watching the display in the dresser mirror. She couldn’t see Lizette, not really. The shower door was too cloudy, but she could see the outline of the small blonde’s naked body. She watched transfixed as Lizette began to soap and caress herself.

Involuntarily, Marina’s hands began to mimic Lizette’s. They moved over her own face and down to her breasts. She felt her nipples harden and wondered if Lizette’s were hardening too. She ran her hands over her stomach and down to her pubic mound, then cupped her swollen clit, feeling it rub against the crotch of her denims as she moved her hand slowly back and forth, She watched as Lizette arched her back, and Marina arched up into her own hand at the same time, almost crying out as she felt her own orgasm overtake her.

Marina quickly pulled her hand away from herself. She grabbed the arms of the chair she was sitting in and squeezed it until her knuckles turned white and her fingers began to ache. She needed the pain to stave off her desire. More than anything, she wanted to go to the woman in the shower, to make love to her quickly and passionately. She didn’t want to go slow. She desperately wanted to satisfy the intense need she had for the small blonde.

Marina held her breath as she heard the shower door open. Her eyes remained transfixed on the dresser mirror until they were captured and held by Lizette’s.

Marina watched as Lizette stepped from the shower, a large white bath towel wrapped around her. The two women maintained eye contact until Lizette slowly closed the bathroom door.

Both women knew exactly what had happened, and each knew that they would not speak of it … not yet.

*~*~*~*

Marina sat there waiting for Lizette to emerge, not quite knowing what to expect. She was fairly certain that they had reached a silent understanding, but she still felt a gnawing fear that her voyeurism might have upset the smaller woman. ‘I’ll know soon enough,’ she thought.

Marina was pulled from her thoughts when she heard a soft tap on the door and a voice announce, "room service." She opened the door and allowed the server to enter pushing a small cart with the orange juice and pastries on it. She thanked the server with a too large tip and sent him off grinning.

Just as Marina closed the door behind the server, Lizette emerged fully dressed from the bathroom. She smiled when she saw the cart. "Orange juice would have been enough," she said softly, no hint in her voice of what had transpired earlier.

‘I just thought you might need something a little more substantial before getting on the plane," Marina responded, hoping her voice sounded normal to Lizette.

The women sat sipping their orange juice and nibbling on the pastries. They were careful not to touch each other and avoided each other’s eyes meticulously. Nothing they did or didn’t do was enough to cool the primal heat that radiated between them. They both knew without a doubt that they would share a bed and each other. The only questions were when and where.

Marina looked at her watch. "We’d better get going if I’m going to get you to the airport on time."

Lizette stood and picked up her briefcase. "Let’s go then. The sooner I get there, the sooner I’ll be back." Her words hung in the air between them; her desire to return obvious in her inflection.

*~*~*~*

Marina drove Lizette to the Charleston International Airport and accompanied her to the security gate. She felt as if the small blonde was flying out of her life forever, yet she knew that wasn’t so. It would only be a few hours, but the thought of those few hours of separation made them seem like an eternity.

"Here," Marina said, slipping a piece of paper into Lizette’s hand. "Will you call me when you get there?" She asked.

Lizette opened the paper and saw it contained Marina’s cell number as well as her home number. "I’ll try," she said. "But if I can’t, I’ll be arriving back on the 8 o’clock shuttle. Maybe you could pick me up."

"I’ll be here," Marina smiled.

The two women heard the last boarding call for the flight to Columbia. They stood looking at each other, neither moving, until Lizette stepped in to hug Marina tightly. "I’ll miss you." She said, a little surprised, but knowing it was true.

Marina held her close, breathing in the fresh smell of shampoo that emanated from Lizette’s hair. "I’ll miss you, too." She stepped back, then leaned to brush her lips lightly against Lizette’s. "Come back safely," she whispered as she felt Lizette move from her arms and watched her walk down the ramp to the plane.

Marina stood at the large glass window and watched as the plane took off, waving even though she knew Lizette could not see her. Then she turned and headed to the parking lot as emotions that she thought were long buried danced together in her mind and heart.

*~*~*~*

When she returned to her house, Marina was surprised to find Nonna sitting in the living room all dressed up, her suitcase by the chair.

"Nonna, what are you doing?" she asked.

"I’ma go home." Nonna’s voice was resolute.

"Nonna, you’re supposed to stay for the rest of the month at least."

"I’ma go home." Nonna insisted, pushing a hat atop her head and standing. "I’ma gonna takea the 3 o’clock bus. We go now."

Marina knew better than to argue. Once Nonna made up her mind, it was a fait accompli. She picked up the older woman’s suitcase and walked her out to the car.

"Why dona you get a real car?" Nonna scolded as she settled herself uncomfortably in the passenger seat of the Corvette.

Marina laughed. "This is a real car, Nonna."

"Maybe for that skinny little blondea thing you bringa home," Nonna said with a twinkle in her eye. "You watcha youself, Marina, she gonna geta you good!" Nonna giggled at her own joke.

"Nonna, you’re incorrigible," Marina said teasingly.

"Dona use those biga words on me, Miss Smarty Pants," Nonna said, feigning a pout.

Marina reached over and patted her grandmother on the arm. "I love you, Nonna," she said.

"I’ma know, cara. I’ma lovea you too."

"I know, Nonna. I know."

*~*~*~*

Marina sat on the bus bench with her grandmother waiting for the 3 o’clock to Greenville-Spartanburg to arrive.

Just as the bus pulled in, Nonna reached over and took Marina’s thin hands between her two pudgy ones. "Marina, I’ma know you thinka I’m a foolish olda woman. But I’ma tella you this. You puta Corey to rest and go on witha you life. That littlea girl you bringa home is a gooda one. Dona you losea her."

"It’s not that easy, Nonna. But I’ll try. Nonna … I love you."

"I’ma lovea you too, my Marina. I’ma wisha you finda happiness, Marina. I’ma pray for you." Nonna stood and pulled the taller woman in her arms, holding her tightly against her. "I’ma better go," she said tearfully, then turned and struggled up the steps of the bus while Marina checked to see that her bag made it on the bus.

Marina stood there until the bus pulled away from the station and felt a small tear trickle down her cheek as she watched her grandmother leave. ‘I love you, too, old woman,’ she thought.

*~*~*~*

Marina got back in her car just as her cell phone stopped ringing. She grabbed the phone and dialed her voice mail. ‘Shit!’ She thought as she heard Lizette’s voice.

"Marina. Listen, I’m going to have to stay over tonight. I’ll grab a flight to Atlanta from here tomorrow and catch the 6 o’clock flight back from Atlanta to Charleston. I hope it won’t inconvenience you to pick me up tomorrow night. I mean, if you don’t have other plans. I’ll call later this evening. I … uh … I … uh … wish you were there. Bye."

There was a long pause and then Marina heard a whispered , "Damn it. I hate these things," as the phone at the other end was hung up.

‘Shit! Shit! Shit!’ Marina thought as she sat in her car and banged her hand against the steering wheel. She had been looking forward to spending the evening with Lizette. There was already so little time left before Lizette would be leaving, maybe even leaving her life for good. She started her car and threw it in gear, easing out of the tight parking spot and heading for home. The only thing she could think of was Lizette and how long it would be before she heard her voice again, before she saw her again.

*~*~*~*

Marina sat in her living room nursing a glass of wine. She had stripped down to boxers and a bra and sat in the darkened room staring out at the ocean, her phone in her lap, willing it to ring. Even though she was expecting the call, she jumped when the harsh ring of the phone cut the evening air.

"Hello."

"Marina?" Lizette’s throaty voice sent chills down Marina’s spine.

"Hey, there. I’ve been waiting for you to call."

"I’m sorry it took so long. I’ve had a busy day."

"Is everything all right?"

"More than all right, actually. I just signed a contract for a book."

"Oh?"

"Yes. Between the advance and my savings, I won’t have to do as much traveling."

Marina felt her heart flutter with joy. "Staying in one place for a while. That will be good. What is it you do for a living, anyway?" Marina asked with a laugh.

"I write travel guides."

"Ah. That figures."

"Well, it’s been a living until now. And an interesting life."

"I suppose. I’m more of a nester than that. I don’t think I’d like living out of a hotel room."

"I never said I liked it. But I did get to see the world and get paid for it. And there was plenty of downtime for writing."

"So what do you write for pleasure?"

"Action-adventure stories with strong female heroines."

"Why doesn’t that surprise me?" Marina asked, her grin evident in the tone of her voice.

"Are you making fun of me?"

"Never."

"So what do you do, Ms. Thing?" Lizette asked.

"I’m a b..er."

"What? I couldn’t hear you."

"I’m a banker," Marina mumbled. She could hear a muffled giggle and knew that the woman at the other end of the wire was stifling a laugh. "What’s so damn funny?" Marina asked defensively.

"A banker? Oh my god, a banker? You’re just not boring enough to be a banker." Lizette laughed delightedly. "A banker!"

"Bankers aren’t boring," Marina insisted. "In fact, bankers can be quite interesting. Get yourself back here, and I’ll show you just how interesting."

There was a quiet pause and then Lizette spoke softly.

"You are definitely not boring." She hesitated. "I saw you this morning, you know."

The end to small talk and the abrupt change in topic startled Marina. She sat speechless, not quite sure how to react. Then she whispered throatily, "You saw what?"

Marina was sure Lizette was going to say that she saw her pleasure herself and she waited wondering what she could possibly say in response.

"I saw you watching me."

Marina exhaled with relief. "You’re beautiful to watch." She replied. "I’m not sorry," she continued with more bravado than she felt.

"I wanted you to watch me. I didn’t know it at first but the minute I realized the bathroom door was ajar, I just knew that you were watching me."

"I was."

"I like the thought of your eyes on me."

"Even when you don’t know it?"

"Especially if I don’t know it. Then I can imagine your eyes on me. Marina?"

"Hmmm?"

"What are you wearing?"

"Boxers and a bra."

"Is Nonna there?"

"No. She decided to go home for a while."

"I’m sorry. I know you’ll miss her."

"She wants me to invite you to stay with me for a while. She’s quite taken with you, you know."

"I’m taken with her, too. … Marina?"

"Yes."

"I don’t want to talk about Nonna."

"What do you want to talk about?" Marina held her breath.

"Us. What’s happening here."

"What is happening here?"

"I don’t know."

"I don’t know either, but I want to find out."

"Me, too."

"Lizette?"

"Yes."

"What are you wearing?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" Marina felt her stomach clench as she thought of Lizette standing naked on the other end of the line.

"Nothing. I wasn’t supposed to spend the night remember? I don’t have anything to wear."

"What are you doing?"

"Just standing here, naked, in the middle of a damned hotel room thinking about you," Lizette whispered huskily.

"Lizette?"

"Yes."

"Lie down on the bed." Marina let her mind envision Lizette, lying naked on the bed waiting for her. She held her breath until she heard movement at the other end of the line and then a rustle of covers. The sound of Lizette’s breathing danced over the phone lines to her ears.

"Are you lying down?"

"I’m lying down," Lizette breathed into the phone. "Marina?"

"Yes."

"Take off your clothes. I want to know you are as naked as I am while I picture you in my mind."

Marina moaned and laid the phone down as she stripped off her boxers and bra. "All right. They’re off," she said softly as she picked up the phone.

"Where are you?"

"Standing in the living room, looking out at the ocean."

"I hope you have the lights off." Lizette with a tinge of amusement in her voice.

"They’re off."

"Lie down on the floor, Marina."

"Just a minute." Marina grabbed a pillow from the couch and threw it down on the carpet. "All right. I’m lying down."

"Where?"

"I’m on the floor in the living room, looking out at the ocean."

"Ah, yes, now I see you."

"Lizette?"

"Yes."

"Will you do something for me?"

Lizette hesitated. "What?" She breathed into the phone.

"Let me make love to you now."

"You have no idea how much I wish that were possible."

"Lizette, listen to me." Marina’s alto voice reached out over the phone line to the small woman lying in the hotel room. "I want you to wet your lips with your tongue."

Lizette ran her tongue slowly back and forth across her lips, wetting them. She parted her lips slightly and imagined Marina leaning in to kiss her. She shivered as she heard Marina’s voice.

"Can you feel it? I’m kissing you now, Lizette. My mouth is covering your mouth; my tongue is rimming your wet lips. Can you feel me?"

Marina could tell by the staccato breaths coming through the line that Lizette was with her.

"I’m moving my lips across your jaw and down your neck. You taste so sweet. Talk to me, Lizette. Can you feel me?"

"Oh god, yes! You are so hot."

"Yes, baby, I’m hot. I’m hot for you. Touch your breasts, Lizette. Feel your hard nipples. I’m sucking them now. Feel my mouth and tongue. God, your nipples are so hard. My tongue can feel the pebbles around them. Feel me bite your beautiful nipples? Tell me what you feel, Lizette."

"I feel your sweet mouth. God your lips are so soft. I feel you sucking. I feel you biting. It’s such a sweet pleasure that it’s almost painful. I feel you in my core. Sweet Jesus, you are making me so hot for you. …..Marina, I want you to touch yourself … are you touching yourself?"

"Yes, baby. I’m touching myself … and I’m pretending that it’s you." Marina ran her free hand over her own breasts, teasing and pinching the nipples. "Christ, I’m so excited. Do you know what you‘re doing to me?"

"Will you make love to yourself while you make love to me?" Lizette’s voice was silky, covering Marina and sending waves of electricity to her center.

"Yes," Marina choked.

"Tell me what you’re doing, Marina."

"I’m cupping my breasts and squeezing my nipples. They’re so hard for you."

"I’m doing the same thing, Marina. Now I’m running my hand down my stomach. God, I’m so swollen and wet for you."

"I know, baby, I’m wet and swollen for you, too."

Marina heard Lizette gasp and then there was silence. She knew Lizette was holding her breath.

"Lizette?"

"Yeesss."

"Stay with me. I’m reaching down now. I’m running my hands through your hair, over your mound, and in between your soft folds. Do you feel me touching you?"

"Oh lord yes, I can feel you touching me. Your long fingers are stroking me. I feel myself throbbing … on the edge. Take me over Marina, please, take me over the edge."

"Lizette … I’m touching you. You are so hot , so wet. I can feel your throbbing. …I’m cupping you with my palm. … Now I’m sliding my fingers inside of you, slowly, . . So slowly, in and out of your slick wetness. Can you feel me in you? I’m filling you, stroking you, deep inside. Feel me? Feel the sweetness overcoming you?"

"Christ, yes. Oh, Marina!"

"Come for me, Lizette. Come for me, baby." Marina felt her center contract wildly around her own fingers and heard Lizette whimper at the other end of the line.

"Oh … my … god … Marina! I’m coming; oh Christ, I’m coming….. Ohhhh!"

"That’s it, baby, that’s it. Come, Lizette; come for me. Oh, god, you feel so gooood. Oh, Jesus … Liz - ette! Oh, god!" Marina breathed into her own orgasm, welcoming it like a long lost friend, and savoring the sounds of Lizette’s pleasure singing across the telephone line.

The two women lay with their phones to their ears listening to the erotic sounds of each other’s gasping breaths.

"God, that was intense. I … I wish I were there with you or you were here with me," Lizette finally said, softly giving voice to what they both were thinking.

"I do, too," Marina echoed. "Oh god, I do, too!"

"Lizette?

"Yes."

"I think that Slowly just lost this horse race."

"Oh, I don’t know, Marina. I’m hoping Slowly just took the first leg of the triple crown," Lizette purred.

They lay there, hundreds of miles from each other yet totally connected. Neither woman said anything more. They just lay there listening to each other breathe until, at last,

Lizette said, "Good night, Marina. …Until tomorrow."

"Good night, Lizette," Marina whispered as she turned off the phone. "Until tomorrow."

*~*~*~*

Continued in Part 4