A Momentary Storm

by

thunderperfectmind101@yahoo.co.uk

 

GENERAL COPYRIGHT/DISCLAIMER:

You might not guess from reading it, but the lovely people from the Xenaverse did inspire this piece. So:

Xena: Warrior Princess, Gabrielle, Argo and all other characters who have appeared in the syndicated series Xena: Warrior Princess, together with the names, titles and backstory are the sole copyright property of MCA/Universal and Renaissance Pictures. No copyright infringement was intended in the writing of this fan fiction. All other characters, the story idea and the story itself are the sole property of the author. This story cannot be sold or used for profit in any way. Copies of this story may be made for private use only and must include all disclaimers and copyright notices.

NOTE: All works remain the © copyright of the original author. These may not be republished without the author's consent.

 

LOVE/SEX WARNING/DISCLAIMER:

This story depicts a love/sexual relationship between two consenting adult women (well, there’s no sex. Just an itty bitty little kiss) If you are under 18 years of age or if this type of story is illegal in the state or country in which you live, please do not read it. If depictions of this nature disturb you, you may wish to read something other than this story.

 

 

 

The dry and stiflingly hot landscape was changed in an instant. A tentative drop of moisture fell from above, and was quickly swallowed by the thirsty earth. A second followed, and another and another, until rain fell in sheets from the sky.

I laughed in sheer amazement, and turned my face to the heavens. Waves of blissfully cold, wet water rolled down my face, onto my throat and down my body. I looked over my shoulder, to see her standing with her head thrown back, and arms outstretched as if she would embrace the sky. She turned to look at me, as the rain poured down. And she smiled, a joyful, ear splitting smile that made her eyes sparkle in the fading light.

The realisation hit me with the force and suddenness of a punch. I was in love with this woman. All the air was forced out of my lungs, I couldn’t breathe. How did this happen? When did this happen? How could I not have known…? A hundred questions formed in my mind and I could answer none of them, save one. Did I love her? The answer was yes, more than I had believed was possible. It was this certainty that drove me forward, moving steadily toward her. If I had stopped for even a moment, I am sure that doubts would have assailed me. But I didn’t stop, not until I stood close enough to feel the heat radiating from her body.

She looked up at me questioningly, and my breath caught in my throat. Her eyes, always filled with light, were now shadowed. Dark jade pools, filled with uncertainty, hesitation and, perhaps… desire? I couldn’t think, couldn’t breathe, I could hardly see. I could only feel… my heart pounding in my chest, the blood roaring in my veins, my skin tingling as I stood millimetres from her. I reached out a hand, always so strong, that now trembled as I touched her. My fingertips grazed her cheekbone, and came to rest cupping her face. She didn’t speak, didn’t move; but her eyes seemed to darken a shade more. I felt her jaw clench beneath my fingers, almost imperceptible. She swallowed, as did I. And still I looked into her eyes, and she into mine.

My other hand moved, almost of its own volition, around to rest on the small of her back. I pushed lightly, and she moved in to me. Thunder rolled above us and the rain beat down… I would not have cared if the sky itself had fallen. I closed my eyes and inhaled. She smelled like wildflowers drenched with morning dew. Slowly I brushed my lips over hers, and felt her tremble in my arms. My heart hammered in response, like a caged bird I feared would burst free. I dragged my tongue over her lower lip, and gently nipped it. She sighed in response, and moved her arms to hold me. Her tongue touched mine, and curled into my mouth. I moaned, and sucked on it as if to keep her there forever. She explored my mouth with her tongue, and then allowed mine in to do the same. I shuddered with pleasure, one hand still cradling her head and the other resting just below her breast. She held me by the waist, thumbs lazily circling under my shirt and on my skin. When it seemed as though our lungs would burst, I caught her bottom lip in my teeth and gradually pulled away. I slowly opened my eyes, to once again gaze into hers.

As abruptly as it had begun, the rain suddenly stopped. The sky cleared again, clouds scattering to leave only pools of water behind. Droplets rolled down our skin and splashed on the ground as we gazed at one another, our erratic breath forming steam in the humid air. The sun shone fiercely again, and a light breeze caressed us. It was as though it had never happened…

 

End.

Return to the Academy

This is the first ever piece I’ve written, so I would love some feedback. I’m at thunderperfectmind101@yahoo.co.uk Please be gentle… J