Pt.18

The situation was tense as Xena watched Celine carefully make her way towards the exit of the area of the cave where they had been fighting. Xena kept a close eye on Aurora who Celine had in her arm, holding the child hostage as she attempted to escape. Knowing that she couldn't win against Xena, Celine had determined that it would be in her best interest to leave. And she knew that Xena wouldn't make a move as long as she had her child in her possession. Xena remained in the same spot as she turned, following Celine's movements and assessing her options to prevent the Amazon from leaving with or killing Aurora.

CELINE 
That's it Xena no sudden movements, no surprises. Or I kill the kid right here.

Celine continued her on her path in a wide circle around Xena, making her way closer to her escape. All the while Xena slowly turned with her. Kai smirked as she saw the scowl on Xena's face. Finally after completing a large half circle around Xena Celine began slowly backing up towards the exit.

CELINE 
Well Xena given that Gabrielle is as good as dead by now and you'll never see your little girl again, I think we can call it even now for you killing my mother. I’d say it's been fun but we both know that would just be a lie. I just hope I never have to see your face again.

Once Celine was just about to the corridor exit she turned around and began to pick up the pace. As soon as she saw Celine turn Xena made a mad dash for her chakrum. She slid in, scooped it up and launched it to the side towards the nearest wall. Not wasting a second Xena was already back on her feet and running before the weapon even left her hand as she yelled at the fleeing amazon.

XENA 
(Angry tone) Celine!

Hearing Xena yell, Celine turned around.

CELINE 
You can't stop me Xena, unless you want me to…

Celine was stopped mid threat as the chakrum that Xena had thrown finished ricocheting off of the cave wall and a couple rocks as it suddenly came hurtling at Celine. Never seeing it coming, the round, sharrp, bladed weapon flew across Celine's neck. Slicing the woman's throat as it went by with exspert precision. Celine stood there as a flow of crimson began spilling from the large cut. She made a sickening gurgling sound as she chocked on her own blood as it flowed from the wound as well as her mouth. She became unbalanced as everything around her became hazzy. After only a few seconds her body went limp as her arms and legs gave out. Aurora was dropped from the Amazon's arms as Celine fell to her knees and then to the side where she layed unmoving. As both Celine and Aurora fell Xena was still running full speed towards them. Celine's knees hit the ground as Xena dove forward and slid in catching Aurora safely in her arms as the rest of Celine's body met the dirt. The startled baby cried as Xena sat there holding her, making sure she was okay.

XENA 
It's alright little one I've got you. You're safe now. You're safe now.

Xena kissed her child as she held her close feeling a wave of relief wash over her that Aurora was okay as she comforted the frightened child. With the baby in her arms Xena looked at Celine who was laying on the ground completely unmoving with her eyes wide open as the blood from her neck pooled beneath her. Xena sighed knowing she was dead and that the nightmare of having her child kidnapped and life threatened by the two psychotic women was over. With Aurora out of harms way Xena's thoughts returned to Gabrielle. She quickly got up and went to where she still layed. Xena layed Aurora back in the basket that she was in when they got there as she crouched down to check on Gabrielle. Xena could see the blood soaking through the blanket that she had used to slow the bleeding. Xena's heart sank when she saw how pale Gabrielle was and knew that she was loosing too much blood. Fearing that it was too late Xena felt Gabrielle's neck for a pulse. When she didn't find on immediately she felt a horrible sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach.

XENA 
No Gabrielle come on.

Xena continued to check for a pulse as the memory of the last time she had been in this situation. Gabrielle had been killed during the great war between the Amazon's. The same feelings that Xena had that day came flooding back as she had thefeeling that there would be no miraculous, godly intervention is save Gabrielle this time. 

XENA 
No Gabrielle you can't leave me.

Xena frantically began trying to resuscitate her.

XENA 
Come on open your eyes.

Xena didn't know how much time passed as she kept up her efforts to save Gabrielle. All the while begging Gabrielle as well as anyone mortal or not who might be listening to not let Gabrielle leave her.

XENA 
We got Aurora back. Thanks to you she's alive. Don't make her grow up without one of her parents. I know you don't wanna abandon your child Gabrielle. Now wake up! Damn it Gabrielle you can't die. Not now, not after everything we've been through.

Xena began to cry as she felt all hope of saving Gabrielle slipping away. As she knelt there absorbed in the thought of facing a future without Gabrielle, Xena heard a sound behind her. On instint she grabbed her sword and swiftly turned to cut down anyone who would dare come near Gabrielle or Aurora. There was a quick frightened yelp as the point of Xena's sword ended up barely inches from a stunned Amarice ‘s face. Who stood perfectly still and spoke quickly.

AMARICE 
Sorry I didn't mean to sneak up on you. I assumed you heard me coming.

Xena lowered her weapon as she returned her focus to Gabrielle. Amarice looked around the area as she saw the two dead Amazon's as well as Gabrielle.

AMARICE 
No Gabrielle, Celine. What happened?

XENA 
Spare your concern for Celine. She doesn't deserve it.

Amarice was confused by the statement but decided that now wasn't the best time to be asking a bunch of questions. 

XENA 
What are you doing here.? I told you to be look out while we were in here.

AMARICE 
You were taking so long I got worried that something might've happened. 

Amarice looked at Gabrielle.

AMARICE 
(Sad tone) Though I see now that it clearly did.

Xena didn't respond to the comment as she sheathed her blade and chakrum to their usual places and bent to pick Gabrielle up.

XENA 
Amarice I need you to carry Aurora.

Amarice did as Xena asked and picked up the baby. Xena gathered Gabrielle into her arms as she stood holding her. As she did Xena felt a very faint tickle against her chest where Gabrielle's head rested. She ignored it at first. But when she felt it again and again in a very slow rhythm Xena looked down at her in shock as she realized whatit might've been. Xena moved her hand to Gabrielle's nose and felt Gabrielle's breath. Gabrielle was alive. Just barely but alive nonetheless. Her pulse must've been so faint that Xena had missed it. Which Xena knew that Gabrielle wasn't going to be able to hold on much longer. If she had any hope of saving Gabrielle, Xena needed to act fast.

XENA 
Amarice we're leaving now.

Xena hurried to the cave exit with Amarice following close behind. Outside hastily Xena mounted Argo as she got Gabrielle situated in front of her in the saddle and held her securely. Amarice got up on her horse and held Aurora safely. Xena turned Argo in the direction she wanted to go as she quickly spoke to Amarice.

XENA 
I'm going ahead with Gabrielle. There should be a city not too far from here. Just keep heading east on the road and I'll meet you there.

Xena gave Amarice an extremely intense look as she prepared to leave.

XENA 
And Amarice don't make me regret trusting you. There's been far too much betrayal going around and lies coming from the people around us already.
(Cold tone) And I will not allow it to happen again.

Amarice felt a chill run down her spine from the way Xena looked at her. She never had any thoughts of doing anything to harm Xena, Gabrielle or Aurora. But if she had the look Xena gave her would've certainly caused her to have a drastic change in plans. Knowing just how cold and ruthless Xena could be if she wanted to.

AMARICE 
(Nervous tone) I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

XENA 
Good.

Without another word Xena got Argo going. Amarice sat on her horse with Aurora as she watched Xena speed off with Gabrielle towards the nearest settlement she could find. Leaving Amarice to follow at a slower and safer pace with the baby. All the while just hoping she would actually be able to save Gabrielle. But was it already too late? And Xena was just too stubborn and emotional to admit the truth?

TO BE CONTINUED…

Pt.19

Accross dirt, gravel and grass the hooves of a horse pounded the ground as Xena urged Argo onward.. She held tight to Gabrielle who sat in front of her unconscious and on the brink of death. Though the mare ran at her top speed while carrying two people, it still didn't feel fast enough for Xena as more dirt was killed up when Xena had Argo make a quick turn onto a dirt road. A couple people hastily scurried out of the way as Xena, Gabrielle and Argo barreled past them. One of the people yelled after Xena telling her to watch where she was going calling her a choice uncomplimentary name which didn't even register with Xena as they disappeared down the road. After finally ending things with Kai and Celine, Xena had left Aurora with Amarice to follow at a safe pace while Xena had taken Gabrielle and had been traveling at top speed since leaving the cave to try to get Gabrielle help. Xena's heart felt as though it was going to pound right out of her chest as all she could think about was getting Gabrielle somewhere she could actually help her. That was to say if she or anyoneelse even still could. Though Xena wanted to believe that Gabrielle could still be saved, there was a part of her which told Xena that she wasn't thinking logically. And that if the person seated in front of her were anyone else, Xena would've realized that there wasn't any hope for survival. But this wasn't any other person. This was Gabrielle, the one person other than now their daughter that Xena would literally walk through fire for. And she refused to give in to the thought of losing her. Not until she had done everything possible would Xena stop in her fight to save and protect Gabrielle. A young man jumped back as a horse practically came skidding to a stop in front of him. He looked up seeing Xena holding Gabrielle in her arms as she swiftly came down from the saddle.

XENA 
A healer, where can I find one?

The young man pointed to a building that stood a number of buildings away. He saw Gabrielle's condition and was about to ask what happened when Xena headed streight for the building without saying another thing to him. Xena entered the building holding Gabrielle in her arms and caught the attention of one of the healers. The man approached Xena as she made her way towards the nearest open bed and carefully layed Gabrielle down.

HEALER 
What happened to her?

Xena stated that she didn't have the time to explain and gave a brief list of medical supplies for the young man to fetch her. The healer looked at Xena a bit surprised and confused by an obvious warrior woman knowing so much about medical practices.

XENA 
Don't just stand there staring at me, go.

The young man snapped out of his awe and quickly gathered everything Xena had asked for. He then assisted Xena in her efforts to save Gabrielle. He looked at Xena with a sad expression as he assessed the extent of Gabrielle's injuries. A part from the deep stab wound, Gabrielle also had multiple cuts, bruises and lacerations all over her body. A number of broken bones. Her nose, arm, several ribs, And that wasn't even accounting for the damage to her internal organs that was discovered during Xena and the healers work. As Xena put all of her medical know how to use, the healer sighed and stopped what he was doing.

HEALER 
I'm sure you don't wanna hear this, but I think we're wasting our time.

Xena paused as she gave the healer a fierce look.

XENA 
(Stern tone) She's still alive isn't she?

HEALER 
Technically yes. But for how long? No one can survive with this many severe injuries. And even if by some miracle she does, she'll never have a normal life. 

Xena didn't look at him while she spoke and continued to work.

XENA 
Trust me her life is already far from normal.

The healer sighed knowing that Xena fully understood what he actually meant. Though just meeting, it was obvious based off her medical skills that she was clearly a highly intelligent woman.

HEALER
The point being that at best she'll likely be bed ridden. And who knows what other kinds of disabilities or ailments she could suffer as a result of this kind of extensive damage.

XENA 
Then I'll cross that bridge “IF” I come to it. But for now you can either stay and help or get out of my way.

Xena returned to working on Gabrielle as the healer stod there watching her for a few moments. Finally honor bound by his oath to help save people, the young man resumed assisting Xena as the two continued to work.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) Come on Gabrielle just stay with me.

 Some time later Amarice halted her horse. Figuring that since this was the closest settlement, Xena had likely brought Gabrielle there. She carefully got down with Aurora as she spotted Argo a little ways off munching on some grass, confirming that she was in the right place. After asking around a few places if a dark haired woman brought an injured blonde woman into town, Amarice was pointed to the healers building.

AMARICE 
Xena?

Xena looked up from watching Gabrielle as she sat next to the bed where she layed, managing a small smile when she saw Amarice standing in the doorway with Aurora.

XENA 
I must've been going even faster than I thought if you're just now getting here.

AMARICE 
Well I didn't wanna go too fast since I was carrying precious cargo.

Amarice entered the room and handed Xena the baby before looking at Gabrielle who remained unconscious.

AMARICE 
How is she?

Xena cradled Aurora in her arms as she looked at Gabrielle.

XENA 
Honestly I don't know. She's still alive and I did everything I could, but she just took so much and…

Xena couldn't bring herself to finish as she felt a few silent tears running down her face. Amarice didn't say anything as she placed a reassuring hand on Xena's shoulder. After a moment Xena wiped away the tears as she attempted to convince herself that everything was going to be okay.

XENA 
But Gabrielle's strong, so i’m sure she'll be back to her old self in before we know it.

AMARICE 
You're probably right.

Both Xena and Amarice went quiet, each knowing that as much as they would have liked to, neither of them truly believed what they just said. After a bit Amarice broke the silence.

AMARICE 
So what do we do now?

XENA 
I guess you can go back to the village if you want. I’m gonna stay here with Aurora while I wait and see what happens.

AMARICE 
Are you sure you'll be okay?

XENA 
Yeah.

AMARICE 
Okay. I guess someone should go back and let everyone know what happened anyway.

XENA 
 It's been a long day and it’s getting late. So it'll be better if you wait until morning to head out.

Amarice agreed and left Xena alone with Gabrielle and Aurora. The next morning Amarice left for the village, leaving Aurora with Xena who stayed by Gabrielle's side. Hearing Xena continue to speak to her as she remained in her unconscious state.

XENA 
Come back to me Gabrielle. Please just come back to me.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Pt.20

The days came and went as Xena primarily stayed with Gabrielle who remained unconscious. The local healer allowed Xena and Aurora to stay in a small unused room within the same building where he worked and where Gabrielle layed. Xena would've gotten a room at the local in, but the healer figured she wouldn't want to be too far from Gabrielle at any given time. Xena was greatfull for the man’s kindness and accepted the offer. She offered to pay but the healer insisted that there was no need. So in exchange for allowing her to stay Xena decided to give the healer a hand with the other patients who came in. The young man accepted her help. While Xena's medical know how proved to be very useful, the healer primarily let Xena help out because it gave her something else to do and focus on other than sitting bedside as she worried over Gabrielle and took care of Aurora. He also made sure that Xena took care of herself. Which turned out to be more difficult than he exspected when after taking care of the baby and working on patents during the day, he would see her staying up most nights watching over Gabrielle and talking to her until completely worn out, as much as she tried Xena just couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. The healer was moved by Xena's devotion and truly sympathized with her and Gabrielle when Xena had told him how Gabrielle had ended up in her current condition. Though the odds seemed to be stacked against Gabrielle recovering, the healer hoped for a positive outcome for the young woman he had come to learn quite a bit about from Xena. Not only for her own sake but for Xena's and the baby as well. It was early morning as Xena sat in what had become her usual spot in a chair by the window next to Gabrielle's bed. Aurora slept soundly in her basket by Xena's feet. Xena had her arms folded across her chest with a blanket covering her as she sat with her head hung low as she had fallen asleep hours ago watching Gabrielle. As a lot of other mornings when the healer began his day he had found Xena in the familar position and covered her up when he came in to check on things before carrying on with the rest on his daily routine. Xena shifted slightly as she began to stir. Her still tired eyes slowly opened to the morning sunlight that poured in through the window. As she woke further and stretched out to relieve the stiffness and slight ache from sleeping in the unnatural position Xena heard a small noise and looked over at Aurora, figuring that the baby had woken up as well. Xena stood as she went over to check on the little one and saw her still fast asleep. Xena smiled as she fixed the blanket covering the baby seeing that she was just fine. That was when Xena heard the same small sound again. Her heart lept as she realized it wasn't the baby that had made that noise and quickly turned around to see Gabrielle moving slightly as she heard her make another small groan.

XENA 
Gabrielle?

Xena quickly moved to Gabrielle's side.

XENA 
Gabrielle can you hear me?

GABRIELLE 
(Soft whisper) Xena.

XENA 
I’m right here.

Xena reached up and gently brushed Gabrielle's bangs out of her face and saw two green eyes slowly open.

GABRIELLE 
(Weak whisper) Xena.

Xena smiled as she felt tears of joy fill her eyes. She took Gabrielle's hand in hers. Holding it tight as she kissed it and lovingly brushed her other hand against Gabrielle's cheek.

XENA 
I thought I've lost you.

Gabrielle looked at Xena then at her surroundings, realizing that she was in an unfamiliar place. With her mind still felt felt fuzzy she remembered her last moments before losing consciousness that immediately brought her to a weakened panic.

GABRIELLE 
(Weak/ panicked tone) Aurora, where is she? Oh god's Xena.

Xena quickly stopped Gabrielle from trying unsuccessfully to get up as she cried out in fear and pain from her still unhealed injuries.

XENA 
It's okay Gabrielle, she's safe. Everything's okay. She's sleeping right there. See?

Xena motioned to where Aurora slept. Gabrielle looked over and saw that their child was indeed safe just as Xena said. She calmed down as Xena gently layed her back down.

XENA 
Everything's gonna be okay now.

Gabrielle winced in pain as she became aware of some of her various injuries. She noticed her arm was bandaged with a splint. Her midsection was also wrapped up. She reached up and felt a number of healing cuts on her face.

HEALER 
It's amazing that you're even still alive.

Gabrielle and Xena looked to see the healer who had heard the commotion of Gabrielle panicking and hurried to investigate the situation.

HEALER 
Honestly I didn't have much faith that you would survive past a few days. But Xena refused to give up hope. And after she told me all about you, i’m so glad that she didn't listen to reason and that you pulled through. Not to say that you don't still have a long road ahead of you.

GABRIELLE 
That bad huh?

HEALER 
Based on the injuries you sustained, the fact that you're alive right now is nothing short of miraculous.

Xena smiled at Gabrielle as she held her hand.

XENA
It wasn't a miracle that saved Gabrielle, it was Gabrielle herself. She's so much stronger than people give her credit for. Including myself at times.

Gabrielle smiled back as the healer then did a quick examination, gave Gabrielle something to ease her pain and left the little family to their privacy as he continued with his work. After a few more days Gabrielle was itching to go back home to the Amazon village. Though nether Xena or the healer thought it was a good idea for Gabrielle to travel in her current state. She might've woken up but her injuries were still very severe. However that didn't stop Gabrielle from insisting on going home with Xena and Aurora. Finally after days of going back and forth Xena caved. Knowing that Gabrielle wouldn't let it go until she got what she wanted.

HEALER 
(Joking) That woman has you wrapped around her little finger doesn't she?

Xena smiled as she finished packing up the last of their things.

XENA 
I guess she dose.

HEALER 
Are you sure you're gonna be okay traveling with Gabrielle and the baby on your own?

XENA 
Yeah we'll be fine. I'll just be sure to go slow and we'll make a number of stops so she can rest.

After saying goodbye to Gabrielle the healer shook Xena's hand and thanked her for all the help she gave him while they were there.

HEALER 
You know you should really consider a change in occupation and become a healer Xena. You're far better at it than any others I've seen.

XENA 
Thanks but I don't think that's for me. I’m always gonna be a warrior at heart, and that's just fine with me.

HEALER 
Fair enough. But if you ever decide to change your mind you're more than welcome to come work with me anytime.

Xena smiled.

XENA 
I'll be sure to keep that in mind. And thanks again for everything.

HEALER 
No need, it's part of the job. You two just stay safe out there and feel free to come back anytime.

XENA 
Will do.

Not long after Xena finished easing Gabrielle into Argo's saddle in front of her as she had Aurora securely fastened to her back. After making sure that both of her girls were settled and safe, Xena gave Argo the command to go. As she, Gabrielle and Aurora began their journey home.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Finale

The road home for Xena, Gabrielle and Aurora was long and slow. With Gabrielle nowhere near fully healed Xena made sure to make plenty of stops along the way. Which made the trip back take much longer than when they had originally left. Not to mention traveling such a long distance with a fussy baby on top of it wasn't exactly an easy feat. But Xena had faced far more difficult challenges so this was nothing. Her man concern was to just to get Aurora and Gabrielle back to the village safely. She knew that Gabrielle would be much better off once she was home resting. Though Xena still didn't particularly like traveling such a long way with Gabrielle in such a state. Though she tried to hide it, Xena could tell that she was in alot of pain. So Xena did her best to use the various remedies she knew to help at least ease Gabrielle's suffering.

WILLOW 
Look there they are.

 It was just past midday as the little family at last made their way into the village square. Xena brought Argo to a slow hault as a number of women gathered around them.

FAUNA 
Gabrielle…

The group looked on solemnly as Xena dismounted the horse with Aurora on her back and gently eased Gabrielle from the saddle into her arms. Gabrielle gave her best reassuring smile to the group.

GABRIELLE 
Don't worry it's not as bad as it looks.

CLOVER 
When she got back to the village Amarice told us what happened.

SKYLA 
Gabrielle, Xena i’m so sorry I still can't believe Kai actually did this. All the years we've lived together in this village and I never would have thought that she'd be capable of such a thing.

GABRIELLE 
It's not your fault sometimes people can be really good at hiding who they truly are. Apparently I've been learning that alot lately.

Everyone stood there with saddened exspessions not really knowing what to say.

EPHINY 
Well we're all just glad to see you back and that Aurora is safe.

Gabrielle gave a tired smile.

GABRIELLE 
Thank's Ephiny. That's what's really important here.

XENA 
As much as I'd hate to break up the welcome party I think i’m gonna bring these two to the house. It's been a long trip and as you can see Gabrielle is nowhere near recovered from what happened with Celine and Kai.

Gabrielle gave everyone a quick wave as Xena carried her and Aurora to the house. It was late the next morning when Xena answered the front door to see Ephiny, Cora and Willow standing just outside.

WILLOW 
Hey Xena. Mind if we come in?

CORA 
There's something that we wanted to talk to you about.

Xena let the trio in and they all took a seat in the living room.

EPHINY 
How's Gabrielle doing?

XENA 
Pretty much the same. She's actually upstairs sleeping right now. Same with the baby.

EPHINY 
Good getting a lot of rest will help.

XENA 
 Yes but she has a long way to go before she'll be back to normal.
(Sad tone) If she ever even reaches that point at all. 

Xena let out a defeated sigh. Ephiny reassuringly patted Xena's forearm.

EPHINY 
Just hang in there Xena. You of all people know how stubborn and determined Gabrielle can be. It might take time but she'll get through this. You both will.

Xena managed a small, tired smile as she changed the subject.

XENA 
So what did you wanna come and talk about?

CORA 
It's about Celine. We had no idea about the history that you and Gabrielle had with her mother. Honestly aside from when they first came to our village, we only met Valassca a few more times when she would come to visit Celine. And since we got here after everything with Valassca happened we weren't even aware that she was ever here at all. All we knew was that Celine an her hunting party had found Kai injured, brought her back to our village and that she and Kai had become friends.

WILLOW 
Even when Kai was brought to our village no one was aware of the apparent secret conventions and plans that went on between them. We knew that she and kai had become close and was upset after learning about her mother's death but we never suspected that the two would end up plotting something so heinous. And I just wish we could've discovered what they were up to before any of this happened.

XENA
It's not your fault. Apparently there was alot going on that none of us were aware of or could've predicted.

CORA 
Still. You think you know someone and then it turns out you really don't at all.

XENA 
Something that seems to be all too common these days.

EPHINY 
Agreed.

Xena looked at Ephiny.

XENA 
That reminds me. Ephiny did you know that Valassca even had a daughter?

EPHINY 
I was just about to bring that up. And to answer your question, no I had did not. I guess Valassca was more of a private person but that doesn't really explain why would she keep her own child hidden.

XENA 
I can think of a number of reasons. It could've been to protect her or because she thought she'd have more opportunities without being tied to her. Or Valassca was just so obsessed with her lust for power that she thought that Celine would only be in her way.

EPHINY 
I understand that you don't exactly have a very high opinion of Valassca and for very valid reasons, but you don't actually think she was so driven by her desire to become queen that she kept her own child a secret because she thought it would hurt her chances?

Xena sighed.

XENA 
I don't know and honestly I don't really care. They're both dead and gone now. So they can't hurt Gabrielle or Aurora ever again. That's all I care about.

EPHINY 
Let's just hope Valassca didn't have any other secret children that are running around out there.

XENA 
(Sarcasm) Thanks that makes me feel better.

Ephiny shrugged.

EPHINY 
Hey I’m just saying. But i seriously doubt you could be that unlucky.

Xena smirked.

XENA 
(Joking) You should know by now that when it comes to Gabrielle and myself we usually are.

EPHINY 
Yeah but it always somehow works out in the end.

Xena lost her smile.

XENA 
Yeah. I just hope it will this time too.

EPHINY 
She'll be okay.

There was a moment of silence between everyone in the room. That was until they all heard Aurora begin to cry from upstairs. Everyone stood up.

WILLOW 
I think we've taken enough of your time for today Xena. Plus it sounds like someone else is now demanding your attention. So we'll leave you to it.

CORA 
You don't need any help do ya?

XENA 
Thanks but I got everything handled.

Xena walked Ephiny, Cora and Willow to the front door and opened it as they made their way out.

EPHINY 
Remember to let anyone know if you need anything Xena. I know it might be hard to believe given everything, but everyone here realky does care about you, Gabrielle and Aurora. We're all here for you.

Xena gave a small smile.

XENA 
Thanks.

Xena shut the door after the three left and hurried upstairs to tend to the baby. Not long after Xena layed in bed nest to Gabrielle. Who had woken up and was now resting her head on Xena's shoulder as they watched Aurora looking around the room as she layed between them.

GABRIELLE 
I was so scared we were gonna lose her Xena.

XENA 
I know. For a bit there I thought I might lose the both of you.

GABRIELLE 
I’m just glad we're all home now.

XENA 
Me too Gabrielle. Me too.

Xena kissed Gabrielle on her head as they layed there contently together with their daughter. Just happy to all be together. Even though Gabrielle still had a ways to go to fully recover there was no doubt just how fa Xena and Gabrielle would go for one another or their daughter. Because as they had learned, for better or worse there was hardly anything in the world that could drive a person more than the devotion and connection they can feel for their own. Which was proven to be no different for the princess and the queen and the intensity that was shown by everyone involved when it came to those within their bloodlines.

"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL V: BLOODLINES 
END ❤️

* ~~~ >>--❤--> ~~~ *

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE 6th STORY OF THE SERIES...

"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL VI: AN ABOMINABLE ASCENSION

Bard's Page

Back to the Academy