FINALE

The door opened as Xena stepped into the house with Gabriele close behind. Their home had gone untouched in their absence while Xena was imprisoned and Gabriele along with Aurora were out of the village. It had been a few days since Xena had woken up following the conflict with Alti and the village having been returned to normal. Xena was recovering pretty well and quickly so she was allowed to leave the infermery after being made to promise that she would take it easy and not do too much strenuous activity. Although the village healer knew that was likely not going to happen. At least not for long anyway. But as they were leaving the infermery Gabriele had reassured the woman that she would do her best to keep Xena from over doing it while she was still recovering. Which was much better of a promise that Xena wouldn't do anything she shouldn't then when Xena herself had said it. Because if there was anyone that Xena would listen to and not want to upset more than anyone, it was Gabriele. 

XENA 
Ahhh, it's good to be back home.

After getting a fire in the fireplace going to warm up the living room, Xena lounged comfortably on the couch as she put her feet up on the corner of the low table in front of her. Gabriele smiled as she held Aurora.

GABRIELLE 
Okay, you just sit there and relax while I bring her upstairs for her nap. Then I'll get us some lunch.

XENA
Sounds good to me. 

GABRIELLE
Good. Now you stay out of trouble and don't go doing anything you know you shouldn't while I'm gone. Got it?

XENA
Oh come on Gabrielle, I'm a big girl. I have been doing the whole warrior thing for quite a while now you know. I think know what my body can and can't handle by now.

GABRIELLE
Sure you say that, but we both know how you are. You get hurt or sick and just say that you're fine or it's no big deal, then before you know it you're in even worse shape then already were then you already were. So unless you wanna go right back to the infermery, you'll behave yourself.

Xena rolled her eyes in minor annoyance.

XENA
(Sarcasm) Okay mother.

GABRIELLE
Ew, god's, do not call me that. Being your wife, that just feels insanely creepy. And besides I can only imagine what being your mother was actually like. Because it does not seem like it was all that fun. I have to think that knowing how you are, you must've been a real handful when you were growing up.
(Joking) I kinda feel bad for Cyrene. 

XENA
Hey I'll have you know that I was good kid. It was when I got older that I... became a problem. 

Gabrielle smiled as walked up to Xena and gently lifted Xena's chin so she was looking her in the eyes.

GABRIELLE
All children go through it rebellious stage at some point. Yours was just more... extreme then most.

XENA 
Gabrielle becoming a brutal and murderous warlord who terrorized and killed countless people is not even close to being the same thing and we both know that.

GABRIELLE
I know. I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to make light of it. You know I would never do that. I just ment that like other children who have gone down the wrong path and lost their way, that you eventually came back. And that you're mother has since forgiven you and welcomed you back with open arms.

Xena smiled. 

XENA 
Yeah I know.

Xena sighed as she changed the subject.

XENA
(Sarcasm) Well nothing like making a dumb joke to bring down the mood.

Gabriele smiled.

GABRIELLE
(Joking) Maybe now you'll think twice before calling me "mother" again.

XENA 
Trust me I won't be making that mistake again.

GABRIELLE
(Joking) Good, because next time you'll see just how mother like I can be when I put you over my knee.

Gabriele smiled as she headed upstairs with Aurora to put her down for her nap as Xena called after her as she walked away.

XENA 
(Half joking) You know that's not exactly the deterrent to your problem that you might think it is. 

A little later after having lunch, Xena and Gabriele were snuggled comfortably on the couch as they relaxed and just enjoyed the peacefulness of the moment. Having somewhat drifted off, Gabrielle was returned to being fully awake when she and Xena heard a knock on the front door. Xena went to get up, but Gabriele rose fist and insisted that Xena stay put as she went to the door and Xena stayed seated.

GABRIELLE
Oh hey Ephiny. Come in.

Gabrielle let their friend inside as she shut the door behind her. Xena gave Ephiny a quick greeting from her seat as Ephiny followed Gabriele as she returned to her previous spot on the couch and motioned for Ephiny to get comfortable.

EPHINY
Thanks but I'm not staying. I'm just here to give to deliver an important message.

GABRIELLE
Is something wrong?

EPHINY
Actually there is.

Xena made an annoyed groan.

XENA 
Of course there is. I swear I've never seen one village have so much almost non-stop drama like the way this place does. 

EPHINY
You're one to talk Xena. Being that you and Gabriele seem to attract trouble like a moth to a flame.

GABRIELLE
Can't really argue with you there. So what's going on?

EPHINY
Well being that you two were both stripped of your rank, I was blocked from taking your place and Clover never got around to sending out those letters to other tribes, as it stands for the moment the Amazons technically don't have a definitive leader.

Xena casually shrugged. 

XENA
So. Is that really a problem? I mean it's not like one woman can really govern over every village and tribe. Each village tends to follow their own set of laws for the most part anyway. Infact I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of Amazon s out there have likely never even met one of the queens of the past. 

EPHINY
Your not wrong, but you try changing a whole culture that's been long known for being sticklers over their rules and traditions.

GABRIELLE
(Half Joking) Don't tempt her Ephiny, you know Xena will do it. 

EPHINY
No kidding.

Xena stretched a little before returning to her lounging position on the couch.

XENA
Tempting but nah. Too much work. And besides I've never really been the biggest fan of having to snooze with diplomats and the like. Even in my warlord days when I would do it while making deals and whatnot I would rather have them just stab me then have to sit through that.

GABRIELLE 
(Sarcasm) What does that say about me where I'm not surprise by that one bit.

Ephiny shook her head.

EPHINY
Yes well I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that at least for the time being that we aren't going to rewrite a whole nation's governing system and move on to the actual issue here.

GABRIELLE
Okay so with no chosen successors...

Gabrielle thought for a moment as she then realized something.

GABRIELLE
Wait a minute, even though they stripped both Xena and myself of our rite of caste, they never took away Aurora's. And being our daughter, doesn't that technically make her queen right now?

Ephiny thought for a moment.

EPHINY
Huh, I guess it technically does.

XENA
(Sarcasm) Oh a toddler for a ruler, I can't possibly see anything going badly there. And I'm not just talking about the obvious lacking in leadership either.

EPHINY
Which brings me to exactly why I'm here. The Amazon people need a real queen and after everyone came to their senses they got together and decided due to your being wrongfully charged with treason to clear you both of all charges and reinstate you both as Amazons again.

Gabriele smiled at the good news.

GABRIELLE
You're serious right? Both me and Xena are really back to being Amazons again?

EPHINY
That's right. Along with being our queens. After alot of discussion, even with the knowledge of Xena's past, they see now that she could never go back to being that person. And they understood the reasoning for you choosing Xena as your successor Gabriele. So that along with the fact that they couldn't deny everything you've done for our people, it was a unanimous decision to restore you both to your previous positions as our rulers. 

Gabriele stood up as she went over and hugged Ephiny.

GABRIELLE
Thank you. I don't think you realize just how much this means so much to me. 

Ephiny returned the hug before they separated.

EPHINY
What was that for?

GABRIELLE 
Because I'm sure you did a lot to help make this happen. 

EPHINY
Not as much as you might think actually. After the spell Alti had on everyone was broken they were able to think about things more clearly and saw that what you did was the right call.

GABRIELLE
That's great news.

Gabriele turned to look at Xena who was still seated on the couch.

GABRIELLE
Xena, we're both queen again. Isn't that great? 

Xena smiled, glad to see Gabriele so happy.

XENA 
I'm glad that they made you queen again. It looks like things are finally being put back as they should be. Now the Amazons will be back to having the right leadership they deserve...

Gabriele smiled.

XENA 
Which is exactly why I'm not going back to being queen. 

Gabrielle's smile faded as she gave Xena a confused look.

GABRIELLE
What are you talking about Xena? You were an amazing leader.

XENA 
It's not a question of if I'm capable of being a ruler of the Amazons, but weither or not I should. 

GABRIELLE
What, of course you should.

Gabrielle walked back over to Xena as she sat next to her on the couch.

GABRIELLE
I can't think of anyone more qualified. That was why I named you my successor to begin with.

Xena softly smiled as she took Gabrielle's hand in hers. 

XENA
Gabriele the faith you have in me never ceases to amaze me. And you know that I would go to the ends of the earth if I thought it would make you happy. That was why I trusted your judgement and accepted becoming queen in the first place. And while I know you're heart is in the right place, think about it Gabriele I don't belong being these peoples queen. After everything I've done to the Amazons it isn't right to turn around ask them to just look past it all and accept me as their leader. 

GABRIELLE
But that Xena is gone. I know you don't agree but you don't have to keep punishing yourself for the things that happened so long ago.

XENA 
Not being ruler of a group of which I'm responsible for the deaths and suffering of so many of it's people isn't punishment. It's doing whats right. 

Gabriele sighed as she looked away and took a moment to think about what Xena was saying before speaking again.

GABRIELLE
I guess I can see how a lot of people would be upset with that. I mean just look at what happened here.

Gabriele turned towards Ephiny.

GABRIELLE
What do you think?

EPHINY
While I agree that Xena does make it good queen from a skilled standpoint, and I know that now she would do everything she could to be a great leader, I think she's right about not being made queen again. Her past would continue to be an issue. Even though that's not who she is anymore people have long memories. And as you already know a lot of them also like to hold grudges. I didn't think about it before because of everything else going on when she was made queen, but having such a polarizing leader can cause a number of serious issues across the Amazon nation. I doubt I have to remind you of the great war that happened after the events that took place when you were summoned to the Amazonian council.

Gabriele shuttered slightly at the memory of the Amazons fighting and killing one another. As half of them blamed her for the destructon of the sacred tree. With the other half siding with her. And while the war was it was later stopped and the sacred tree restored by Artimis, the blood that was shed in the time between was something that Gabriele never wanted to see happen to the Amazon people ever again.

GABRIELLE
You really think people could be upset enough about Xena being queen that they would go to war over it?

EPHINY
It's possible. While a lot of us see Xena as our ally now, there are still many who either don't know about her as changing her ways or if they have heard, they don't believe or trust that it's true. 

Gabrielle became thoughtful for a moment as she let everything that Xena and Ephiny had said.

GABRIELLE
I guess I hadn't considered that. 

Gabriele looked at Xena again.

GABRIELLE
Okay. If you really think it'll be better for everyone for you not to go back to being queen then I'm okay with that. 

Xena smiled. 

XENA
I knew you'd understand.

After a bit more chatting and it was decided that Xena would not be not becoming queen again, but that she wasn't going to be returning to being an Amazon at all. And while Gabriele was somewhat disappointed that Xena was no longer a part of the Amazons, Ephiny had mentioned that while technically not a part of them, Xena was wildly reguarded by those who liked her as an honerary member of the Amazons already. Which was actually a pretty big deal in the Amazon community as that was something that very rarely happened. So in an odd way that almost seemed better than Xena actually becoming an Amazon again. Once that was out of the way, Ephiny decided to go. Gabriele walked her out one more question about the whole situation came to mind as she quickly stopped Ephiny from leaving.

GABRIELLE
Oh Ephiny before you go there is something else I was wondering if I could ask you.

EPHINY
What?

GABRIELLE
Me and Xena, our wedding. We had to go through a lot of specical stuff just to get married because we were both queen and... So with Xena not even an Amazon, what does that mean now? You know, for us?

Ephiny smiled.

EPHINY
Don't worry Gabriele you and Xena are still married. The only ones who could do anything to change that is the two of you. Not that I can see that happening.

Gabrielle looked over at Xena as they gave one another loving smiles.

XENA 
Never. 

With the last of Gabrielle's concerns layed to rest, Ephiny left as Gabriele shut the door behind her and returned to her spot next to Xena who slipped her arms around her and held her as they sat cuddled together watching the flickering flames in the fireplace. 

GABRIELLE
I'm so glad that everything's finally worked out and things can go back to normal.

XENA 
Yeah me too.

The two sat quietly for a moment before Xena spoke again.

XENA 
You know you didn't really need to worry about the whole still being married thing.

GABRIELLE
I know it might sound silly because weither we're married or not, it don't change anything between us.

Gabriele idlely fiddled with a leather strip of Xena's skirt as she spoke.

GABRIELLE
It's just that along with Aurora being born, our wedding day was one of the happiest days of my life. I know it sounds cliche to say that sort of thing but it's true. I was just worried that something that meant so much to me had suddenly just been talking away and made meaningless.

XENA
I would never let that happen. Trust me. 

Gabriele looked up at Xena.

GABRIELLE
Xena you just got back into these peoples good graces, I really don't think roughing them up over us no longer being married by Amazon law would be a good idea.

Xena chuckled as she kissed the top of Gabrielle's head.

XENA
Don't worry I would never do anything like that to anyone here.
(Half joking) Unless they really deserve it.
But what I simply meant to say that if we were no longer recognized as married by the Amazons then we would just have another non Amazonian wedding somewhere else. Which if I'm being honest I would not be opposed to at all. Because that would mean that I would get to marry you all over again. 

Gabrielle giggled.

GABRIELLE
How is that dispite me being the bard here, you're the one who always seem to say some of the most beautiful and romantic things.

XENA 
 Just lucky I guess.

Xena smirked.

XENA 
(Joking) Although I do have...

Knowing exactly what Xena was going to say and not wanting to hear it for the ungodly numbered time, Gabriele reached up and held her finger over Xena's lips.

GABRIELLE
Please don't ruin the moment with that worn out saying of yours.

Xena smiled as she took Gabrielle's hand and gently kissed it.

XENA 
Actually I was gonna say that I have really good inspiration in you. 

Gabriele chuckled.

GABRIELLE
Oh you were not. Nice try but you forget just how well I know you Xena.

Xena laughed. 

XENA
Okay you got me. 

Xena's expression turned more serious.

XENA  
Though I wasn't lying either when I said that you were my inspiration. I really mean that. The reason I'm able to accomplish alot of what I do is because your the thing that drives me. When I heard your voice after you came back to the village I refound the strength to not give up and simply surrender to my past as I fought to get back to you. And the same thing happened after Atli pierced me with those broken pieces of that building. 

Xena gripped Gabrielle's hand a little tighter.

XENA 
After everything had gone dark. Even though I wasn't awake I still felt so tired. I could almost feel my soul trying to leave my body. 

GABRIELLE
Xena... 

XENA
But then in that darkness I heard you're voice calling out and talking to me. It was you that kept me holding on. I knew that after everything we've been through together that I couldn't just leave you. Not like that. So I knew that I had to do what I know how to do best and that's fight. To not only live but to get back to the place that I know without doubt that I belong. And that's right here with you.

Knowing just how close Xena came to dying and then hearing what had kept her from leaving was to much as Gabrielle felt the tears building in her eyes, she leaned against Xena as she let those tears fall and felt Xena let go of her hand and wrap her arms around her after brushing away a couple of the tears that had begun to fall down her cheek. 

XENA 
I love you Gabrielle and no matter what happens, even when the day does come that I'm no longer physically able to be here, always remember that not even in death will I ever leave you. 

Xena then lifted Gabrielle's head and softly kissed her lips. Afterwards the two just settled back into one another's embrace as Xena lovingly ran her fingertips along Gabrielle's arm. And while the gesture had started out with gentle and soothing intentions, the soft touches began slowly drifting to other places as Xena's extraordinary senses picked up on the slight changes in Gabrielle's reaction to her caresses. She let her fingertips move down Gabrielle's arm and then to her stomach as she slowly guided her hand under her top and traced her way up to her chest. Gabrielle let out a soft moan as she felt Xena's hand gently begin to glide up and down her breast before closing her hand over it as her other hand also found it's way under Gabrielle's shirt and began gently massaging both of her boobs. Gabrielle sighed happily as she felt Xena's touches on her upper body having a direct impact on another area that resided a bit lower. Xena began to kiss her way up and down her neck as Gabrielle began feeling the need for Xena's month and hands in other much more sensitive places. But just as Gabrielle place her hands on top of Xena's beneath her top she realized that them making love while Xena wasn't fully healed from her injuries and was supposed to be taking it easy probably wasn't a very good idea.

GABRIELLE
Xena... Xena wait I don't...

Gabrielle sighed as she fought against her conflicting feelings as Xena's touch did what it always did to her, making her body want to continue but her head and heart repeated the concern for Xena's well being. But the internal struggle didn't need to decide on a winner as Xena took her hands away as soon as she had heard Gabrielle say "I don't".

XENA 
Everything okay? I'm sorry I must've read the situation wrong. 

Gabrielle turned to look at Xena and saw the worry in her eyes that she had done something that Gabrielle didn't want. And after a moment when Gabrielle realized what Xena was thinking, she quickly clarified that Xena hadn't done anything wrong.

GABRIELLE
Oh no Xena you weren't doing anything that I wasn't fully enjoying. Believe me. It's just that you're still healing and the healer said that you needed to take it easy. So as much I want to, I don't really think we should be making love until you're better. 

Xena gave a relieved smile.

XENA 
Oh is that all? Gabrielle you don't need to worry so much about me. I'm very well aware of the limits of my body. Regardless of what people might think, I'm not gonna do anything stupid or unnecessary to delay my recovery. So trust me even if I'm a little banged up at the moment I'm still perfectly capable of doing plenty. Including performing certain more... stimulating activities. I just can't do everything that I normally can right now.

Gabrielle thought for a moment and knew that while Xena might push herself in battle when lives were on the line, she never really did so when it wasn't absolutely necessary. So again feeling her need for Xena building once more Gabrielle weighed their options for what they could do that wouldn't be all that strenuous on Xena's body. And thought that as long as they were careful not to get carried away, then it would probably be okay for them to fulfill their desire for one another. And besides it wasn't as though they couldn't stop if they realized that them making love irritated Xena's injuries too much. 

GABRIELLE
Well if you're absolutely sure that you can handle it then I guess I'm okay with it. But you have to promise that you'll tell me if its to much and let me do most the work okay?

XENA
I can work with that.

Xena smirked.

XENA
(Seductive tone) Besides I rather like the view I get when when I'm looking up at you on top of me.

Gabrielle felt her face become hot and the area between her legs became increasingly wet as it typically did whenever Xena would talk dirty. It was then that any reservations about not continuing that Gabrielle might have remaining were quickly discarded about as fast as both her and Xena's clothing only a few short minutes later when the two had moved up to their bedroom. Xena layed comfortably on her back in bed as Gabrielle knelt over her straddling one of her legs. Xena reached up ran her hands up Gabrielle's stomach and resumed her previous molding and groping of her chest. Gabrielle moaned Xena's name as her hands covered Xena's and she began moving her femininity against Xena's thigh as she presses hers up against Xena. Slowly Gabrielle rocked back and forth as Xena could already feel a wetness from Gabrielle's center beginning to coat the top of her thigh. Gabrielle thrust her hips in a steady rhythm as each movement moved her thigh against Xena's womanhood. The two moaned as Gabrielle continued. After a few moments Gabrielle moved her hands from a top of Xena's as she placed them on the bed on either side of Xena's head as she felt the sensations within her core beginning to highten. She began to thrust a bit faster and moaned when she felt Xena lightly pinch her nipples before continuing to roll her hands over her boobs. Gabrielle kept up her prolonged rocking against Xena's thigh for a little longer as she felt the prelude to her climax beginning to build. She increased her speed as she gripped the sheet and continued to moan while edging ever closer to finding her release. Noting Gabrielle's increased tempo, Xena slid her hands from Gabrielle's chest to her waist and backside. She grabbed hold of her there and pressed Gabrielle tighter against her thigh and followed the rhythm and speed that Gabrielle had set. With the additional pressure applied Gabrielle knew that she was only moments away from hitting her pinnacle. She let her head fall back as she thrust harder and in a few more strong thrusts of her hips, Gabrielle felt the surge of her orgasm slam into her. She let out an euphoric moan as her womanhood pulsed with the waves of her climax. The shockwaves causeing her to buck her hips in response to the spasms within her core. After a few moments as the climatic shutters began to subside, Gabrielle leaned down and rested her forehead in the middle of Xena's chest as she caught her breath. Xena smiled as she slid her hands up from Gabrielle's waist and lightly traced her figertips along her back. After her breathing returned to normal, Gabrielle lifted her head and looked at Xena and leaned up to kiss her. After a long moment Gabrielle pulled away and lifted herself back to her knees. She smiled as she looked down at Xena and took in the sight of her body. But when her eyes drifted to Xena's midsection and saw the bandages that were wrapped around her, Gabrielle became concerned that she might've gotten a little carried away with Xena in the current condition, Gabrielle gently placed her hand over the bandages and Xena's stomach. 

GABRIELLE
Oh god's, Xena I can't believe forgot. I'm so sorry, I didn't hurt you did I?

Xena gently smiled as she reached up and cupped Gabrielle s cheek with her hand.

XENA 
No I'm just fine. I promise I'm not in any kind of pain right now at all. 

GABRIELLE 
So you're sure that wasn't too much for you? 

Xena chuckled. 

XENA
(Half joking) Gabrielle what you do could never be too much for me. 

Gabrielle laughed slightly as she didn't see anything signs of Xena being in any kind of pain or discomfort and smiled.

GABRIELLE
So I'm guessing based on what you just said that you're gonna be wanting me to take care of you now.

Xena smirked.

XENA 
(Joking) Well if you're offering.

Gabrielle smiled as the two kissed a couple times before she moved to lay down next to Xena and began running her hand up and down her stomach and chest, being careful to keep her touch light and gentle around where Xena was still injured. As her hand roamed around Xenas torso, Gabrielle began lightly kissing across her shoulder and chest. Xena sighed as the soft touches of Gabrielle's hand and lips were causing the already pressing need she had already been feeling between her legs to increase significantly. Xena moans as Gabrielle's mouth found it's was to her nipple as she circled around it with the tip of her tongue. Xena shuttered with desire as she felt the combination of Gabrielles tongue and hand as Gabrielle put lips around Xena's now hardening nipple and began to suck. Xena arched slightly as the sensation only fueled her need further. She moaned as the suction continued and Gabrielle's hand moved to her other breast and began to massage it. Xena felt her need for Gabrielles attention elsewhere becoming almost painful as she moaned Gabrielle's name in a way that made it obvious to Gabrielle what she wanted. She smiled as she took her mouth and hand from Xena's bust and looked at her as she lightly traced her hand down Xena's stomach and settled it between Xena's legs, of which Xena had moved further apart to give Gabrielle easy access to the feminine treasure that layed there, aching for Gabrielle's touch. Gently Gabrielle ran her fingers up and down Xena's womanhood and could feel how wet she was with just the light touches she was given. As Gabrielle continued to lightly touch her, Xena could now longer stand the teasing as she reached down and put her hand over Gabriellles and began guiding her hand to where she really wanted it. 

XENA 
(Wanting tone) Gabrielle, please. 

Getting the picture, Gabriellle sunk a couple fingers into Xena's entrance and heard Xena let out a moan as she felt Gabriellle enter her. Once inside, Gabriellle began to weave her fingers in and out of Xena's warmth. She moved her hand back and forth as she repeatedly drove into Xena. Xena leaned her head back feeling Gabrielle's fingers reaching deep within her. She took her hand away from Gabrielle's and grabbed at the blanket beneath her as she tensed when she felt Gabriellle hit just the right spot inside of her. Noticing Xena's reaction, Gabriellle paused mid stroke and looked at her as she worried that she had done something to agervate Xena's injury. Feeling the hault in Gabrielle's movement, Xena pleaded with her not to stop. Hearing the tone of Xena's voices, Gabriellle realized that she was okey and resumed pumping her fingers into her depths. Once the movement continued after a few moments Xena felt the intense sensation of Gabriellle hitting the same place she had before. Tensing again, Xena urged Gabrielle to keep going. Knowing that she had just found the right spot inside of Xena again, Gabriellle kept her hand moving as she made sure to maintain the same motion so she could keep hitting the same area that was sending Xena stampeding towards her climatic finish. As Xena felt Gabriellle continued probing of her depths and touching just the right spot inside it was only moments later when Xena threw her head back and cried out in sheer extacy as she came hard. She pushed against Gabrielle's hand as her hips moved on their own as each jolt of her orgasm hit. After a couple moments Xena's climax began to subside and she relaxed as Gabriellle removed her fingers from her sensitive core. Gabrielle smiled as she pulled a blanket over them and the two kissed as she settled back down with her head on Xena's shoulder and her hand gently resting on Xena's midsection. 

GABRIELLE
So you're okey after that right.

Xena smiled as she idly traced her figertips along Gabrielle's shoulder and upper arm.

XENA 
(Joking) Oh believe me I'm quite a bit better than okey. 

Gabrielle raised her head and gave Xena a serious look.

GABRIELLE
Don't avoid the question Xena. You know what I meant. 

Xena sighed as she then looked at Gabrielle with complete sincerity.

XENA 
Gabrielle, I'm alright. Really, I promise. for the first time in a while and after everything that's happened with Alti coming back. And with Clover and everyone else here learning about who I used to be, I can honestly say even though I'm a little banged up at the moment, knowing that you, Aurora and everyone else here is finally safe, that yes I'm okay.

Xena put her arms around Gabriellle.

XENA 
My injuries will heal. So I'm not worried about getting over that. But what I could've never gotten over would've been losing you and Aurora, which I thought was gonna happen when you were forced out of the village the way you were. Not that I don't think you're capable of caring for yourself and our child, I just...

GABRIELLE
It's okay, I know.

Gabrielle layed her head back down as she rested her arm across Xena, holding her.

GABRIELLE
I was scared that I was gonna lose you, Aurora when were were stuck in that storm, and then everyone else here. I don't think I've ever been to afraid of everything that's important to me being taken away.

Xena felt Gabriellle tense up slightly as she thought about just how close she really came to losing what mattered most to her. In response she held Gabrielle a little tighter.

XENA 
But you didn't. And like I've said before, nothing could ever truly take me away from you.

Gabrielle relaxed as she let Xena's words sink in. Everything was okey now. Everyone was safe. The village was once again the welcoming place that she, Xena and Aurora could all call home. And even though for the moment Xena was hurt, she was already well on the road to recovery. She had always been incredibly resilient and was able to recover much quicker than most. So inspite of Gabrielle's worry, she ultimately knew that Xena would be just fine and back to a hundred percent in no time. 

GABRIELLE
I know. Just like nothing could ever take me from you.

Gabrielle smiled as she felt her eyelids becoming heavy. 

GABRIELLE
I love you Xena. No matter what happened before we met or even after everything that's happened since, nothing will ever change that. 

Xena smiled as for a numbered time she had long since lost track of, she found herself wondering just how it was that she of all people had been given the incredible gift of having anyone, let alone someone like Gabriellle love her as she did inspite of all the wrong that Xena had done. And as Xena watched Gabrielle close her eyes and dift into a peaceful sleep she thought of how truly grateful she was for that love and as she had done many times before and would continue to do, Xena vowed that she would do everything she could to ensure that she never betrayed that love. So as Xena fell asleep with Gabrielle in her arms she smiled as for the time being all seemed right once again in their own little world as yet another chapter had come to a close for the princess and the queen as they had been successful in once again conquering a bygone era. 

"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series                                         
SCROLL VIII: CONQUERING A BYGONE ERA 

END ❤️

* ~~~ >>--❤--> ~~~ *

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE 9th STORY OF THE SERIES...

"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL IX: THE COUP DE GRACE OF THE CROWNED (The Final Scroll)  

Bard's Page

Back to the Academy