Pt.16

The sound of rushing water carried through the air as Xena held her chakrum ready. She kept a close eye on every move Valassca made who still held Gabrielle hostage. Valassca pressed the dagger tightly against Gabrielle's throat as she watched Xena.

XENA 
End this now Valassca.

VALASSCA 
You make one wrong move and she dies right here Xena. 

Valassca looked at Xena's hand that held her chakrum.

VALASSCA
Go ahead, throw it. But are you confident that it can reach me before I slit her throat?

Xena glared at Valassca as the stand off between the two continued.

VALASSCA
I suggest you drop your weapon now or else.

Gabrielle yelped as Valassca yanked her hair and pulled her head back further to make her point. Xena slowly began to lower her weapon to Valassca's pleasure.

VALASSCA 
Good now put that and your sword on the ground.

Xena kept her gaze locked onto Valassca as she slowly crouched down and placed her chakrum on the ground. The she reached back, pulled out her sword and layed it at her feet as well.

VALASSCA
Now stand up and back away slowly.

Xena rose and began to step back. Valassca grinned as she began to walk, taking Gabrielle with her. Xena watched her as she slowly turned to track her. The tension hung thick in the air as Valassca slowly backed away with Gabrielle.

VALASSCA 
(Angry tone) Come on you little bitch we're leaving.

XENA 
No you're not.

Before Valassca knew what was happening Xena lept towards her chakrum. Grabbing it as she rolled up to one knee and launched it. Valassca instantly ducked as it came her way. But then realized it had flown way above her head. She looked back for a moment to see what Xena had actually thrown the projectile at. Then she heard Xena's battle cry and realized that the chakrum was only a distraction. She looked forward just as Xena had reached her and Gabrielle. In an instant Xena kicked up her boot and knocked the dagger from Valassca's hand before Valassca had time to react. The dagger hit the rocks and slid out of reach. Valassca backed away from Xena as Gabrielle then elbowed Valassca's ribs causing the Amazon's to throw her to the ground in anger. 

VALASSCA 
(Angry tone) Damn you Gabrielle, you sneaky little...

Valassca's focus was quickly drawn back to Xena when she felt Xena's fist connect with the side of her face. Valassca glared back at Xena as she threw her own punch. Hitting Xena in her stomach. Then she followed up with another shot across Xena's jaw. Xena stepped back as she shook off the hit. The two stood there for a moment before Valassca drew her own sword. She swung at Xena who dodged and made a mad dash for her own blade. Xena dove and rolled, grabbing her sword and holding it up just in time to block the swing from Valassca as the sword came down at her. Xena shoved Valassca back as she got up and turned to face her.

VALASSCA 
I should've figured I wouldn't be able to avoid fighting you.

XENA 
What's wrong Valassca not happy with fighting someone whose actually ready for you?

Valassca didn't say anything as she raced in and swung at Xena who blocked and retaliated with a swing of her own blade. Valassca moved out of the way and thrust her sword forward. Xena turned her weapon and deflected the attack as Valassca's sword slid along Xena's before being pushed away. Valassca spun and swung at Xena's back. Xena reached up over her head with her sword and blocked the attack from behind. Xena then pushed Valassca off and kicked her foot back knocking Valassca's leg from under her. As Valassca dropped to one knee Xena spun around with another kick. Valassca put up her arm and blocked the hit aimed at her head. She then sent her blade forward. Xena moved and avoided being stabbed but not enough as the sword still managed to cut into her side. Xena yelled in pain and kicked Valassca back. Xena momentarily held her side, then looked at the hand to see how badly she was bleeding. Seeing that she could keep fighting Xena came back with another angry swing. Valassca dodged and immediately kicked Xena in her injured side causing Xena to drop to a knee. Before she could recover Xena felt Valassca's boot connect with her face. Xena was knocked back and felt the hand she had put down to catch herself with slip off the slick surface of the rocks causing her to fall over the side of the cliff. Gabrielle watched in horror as Xena disappeared over the ledge.

GABRIELLE 
No Xena!

Valassca stepped forward and peered over the edge of the waterfall. She smiled to herself when she saw no sign of Xena. She then turned to Gabrielle and began walking towards her. 

VALASSCA 
Oh no Gabrielle now what will you do without Xena to fight your battles for you?

GABRIELLE 
...Xena...

Gabrielle backed away from Valassca as she managed to stand.

VALASSCA 
Oh don't worry Gabrielle you'll be seeing Xena again soon enough. So why don't you just make it easy for both of us and pass on your rights as queen to me and I'll send you to join Xena in the afterlife. 

GABRIELLE 
(Bitter tone) Never.

Valassca reached Gabrielle who had backed into the side of the cliff. She stared down menacingly at Gabrielle as she sensed her victory finally drawing near.

VALASSCA 
Fine with me since I'm killing you either way.

Gabrielle gasped as Valassca grabbed her by her throat and began to choke her. Gabrielle gripped Valassca's wrist as she tried to pry her hand off her neck. But Valassca's grip was too strong and Gabrielle was to injured and didn't have the strength to escape. While she felt Valassca continue to squeeze Gabrielle began to panic as tried to force air into her lungs. Gabrielle flailed as she try to get Valassca off her. 

VALASSCA 
(Sinister tone) Long live the new queen.

While in her panicked state Gabrielle happened to grab at the cliff behind her. As she did Gabrielle noticed she had grabbed something. Her eyes looked over and saw a loose piece of rock. After quickly getting a better grip and before Valassca could notice, Gabrielle took the chunk of rock and smashed it into the side of Valassca's head. Gabrielle gasped and coughed, catching her breath as Valassca let go and went down. Gabrielle stood there for a moment as she looked down at Valassca unsure if she was alive. Finally Valassca began to stir. Valassca looked up at Gabrielle who held the rock ready if Valassca went to attack her.

VALASSCA 
What are you gonna do Gabrielle, kill me?

GABRIELLE
Even after everything you've done, you're not worth it Valassca, I'm not a killer. 

Gabrielle lowered her hand.

GABRIELLE 
You'll be put on trial for your crimes and punished according to amazon law. Now I have to go find Xena. You have better pray to the god's that she's okay.

Gabrielle dropped the rock as she turned away and started hurrying towards where Xena had fallen.

GABRIELLE 
Xena, Xena can you hear me?

Gabrielle reached the ledge and was about to look over the side when she was struck from behind. Gabrielle felt a sharp pain in the back of her head as she fell. She tried to get up as Valassca walked around her holding the rock Gabrielle had dropped.

VALASSCA
I knew you were too weak to finish me off when you had the chance. So tell me Gabrielle, any last words?

XENA 
Funny I was about to ask you that very same question. 

VALASSCA 
What?!

Valassca turned around just in time to look Xena in the eye as Xena burried her sword into Valassca's stomach.

VALASSCA 
..uughg...

Xena sneered as she gave her blade a twist while it was still in Valassca before yanking it out. Valassca grabbed at her wound as she coughed up blood and staggered past Xena. Gabrielle slowly got to her hands and knees as Xena turned around. Both looked on as Valassca tried to stumble away before losing her footing near the rocks ledge and falling over the edge. Xena slowly walked over and looked down. After a moment she saw the water below beginning to turn red. She looked back at Gabrielle who had managed to stand.

GABRIELLE 
Xena?

Xena sheathed her weapons and walked over to Gabrielle.

XENA
Come on let's get down from here.

Xena carefully began helping Gabrielle climb down the cliff to the village below. As Gabrielle hoped that it was over.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.17

There was still fighting between the Gabrielle's supporters and the rebel amazons as Xena assisted Gabrielle down from the cliffs near the waterfall of the village. Once at the bottom Gabrielle managed to stand on her own as Xena looked around at the chaos still running amuk. 

GABRIELLE 
Now what? We have to stop this.

XENA
We will.

Suddenly hearing a noise from behind some trees, Xena quickly readied her chakrum as she stepped forward. But after a moment she lowered her weapon when she saw Ephiny walk into view. Ephiny looked around for any enemies before spotting Xena and Gabrielle and lowering her own sword that she had ready as she walked over to them.

EPHINY 
Gabrielle, Xena.

As Ephiny came closer she saw how beaten up Gabrielle was as well as the few cuts and bruises Xena had.

EPHINY 
Are you two okay?

GABRIELLE 
(Sarcasm) I've definitely seen better days for sure.

Ephiny took Gabrielle's other arm as she helped Xena get Gabrielle to a rock to sit down.

EPHINY 
What happened?

XENA
Valassca.

EPHINY 
Where is she?

Xena looked over at the water.

XENA 
She was wounded when she went in. And based on the color of that water I don't think she came out.

EPHINY 
I see.

Ephiny looked at Gabrielle.

EPHINY 
Gabrielle, I'm sorry. I had no idea that Valassca was behind some big plot to kill you. If I had known how far gone she really was I would've...

Gabrielle stopped her friend.

GABRIELLE 
Ephiny it's not your fault. None of us knew that Valassca's lust for power had driven her mad. I just wish it didn't have to end the way it did.

EPHINY 
Same here. But unfortunately we don't have time to think about what could've happened.

XENA 
Ephiny's right. For now we have focus on putting a stop to the fighting.

GABRIELLE 
How?

XENA
Well without their so called queen to rule they won't have much of a reason to keep fighting. Especially since they're already outnumbered anyway. They won't really have a choice but to surrender.

EPHINY 
I'll get some people to spread word and retrieve Valassca's body. You two need help?

XENA 
Thanks but we'll be alright. We're gonna head to the healers.

EPHINY 
Okay. Be careful. 

Xena and Gabrielle parted ways with Ephiny and headed for the village infermery. Gabrielle winced as one of the healers cleaned and bandaged her wounds. While Xena just sat there as another woman stitched the gash on her side.

GABRIELLE 
You are way too used to this sort of thing.

Xena just smirked as she shrugged.

XENA
Warrior.

Gabrielle chuckled a little as the two sat there and let the healers finish their work. Not long after Ephiny came by and told them that they had pulled Valassca from the water confirming that she was indeed dead. And that she had already sent out word for her followers to surrender and turn themselves in for judgment.or be taken into custody by force.

GABRIELLE 
Judgment? 

Gabrielle hadn't even had the chance to think about what would happen if Valassca's plan had failed. She and her followers had committed treason and had attempted assassination on the Amazon' queen. And that was one of the most serious crimes anyone could commit. And now those who committed the crime would have to be punished. And by Amazon law the responsibility for handling out that punishment fell on the queen. On Gabrielle.

GABRIELLE 
I hate this part of the job.

Xena held her hand as Gabrielle sighed. She was already aware that Gabrielle was not looking forward to what she knew the coming days were going to have in store. 

EPHINY 
Why don't you two go home and get some rest for a few days. I'm sure after everything you could use it. I'll keep you posted on anything we find.

GABRIELLE 
Thanks Ephiny. You're a good friend.

EPHINY 
I'm glad you still think so.

GABRIELLE 
Why wouldn't I?

EPHINY 
Well given everything that happened with Valassca and her allies I can see how it might be difficult to trust those around you now.

Gabrielle smiled.

GABRIELLE 
It wouldn't be fair to judge everyone for the actions of a few. Plus if I lose faith in everyone around me due to a few people then maybe I shouldn't be queen.after all. 

Ephiny smiled as she was reminded of her friend and queen's kindness and general belief in people. Along with the fact that she could make something like that seem so simple. Where as most people might find it far more difficult to put their trust in other's after such a terrible betrayal. Gabrielle had a way of seeing the good in things. 

EPHINY 
And that way of thinking is exactly why you should be queen.

Ephiny walked Xena and Gabrielle outside and parted ways as she went off to handle getting things ready for the upcoming trial of the rebels. As Xena and Gabrielle made their way home. A few days later it was the night before the trial as Xena layed in bed watching Gabrielle pacing back and forth nervously as she continued to contemplate what she should do.

XENA 
(Joking) You know if you keep pacing like that you're gonna wear a hole in the floor and fall through.

Gabrielle sighed as she stopped and looked at Xena.

GABRIELLE 
I guess I do have a habit of doing that when I'm nervous don't I?

Xena patted the empty side of the bed for Gabrielle to join her, which Gabrielle did as she layed her head on Xena's chest and Xena put her arm around her.

GABRIELLE 
I just don't know what I'm supposed to do tomorrow. I mean I know that they were part of Valassca's plot to kill me and make her queen, and the laws say that the punishment for that is death. But I just don't feel right causing the deaths of anyone. Let alone more Amazon's. There has to be another way. 

Gabrielle sighed sadly as she briefly remembered having to make a similar decision after the slaver attack on the village a while back. But this felt far more complicated and difficult. For one these people weren't scummy slavers just looking to make money. They were her fellow Amazon's. People she had been living along side for a while now. Not to mention Gabrielle was certain that alot of them probably truly believed in Valassca and her right to rule. Even if she most likely feed them lies to get their support. Gabrielle sighed as she tried to get some sleep. Knowing that tomorrow was going to be another long day.

XENA 
You ready?

Gabrielle picked her ceremonial headdress up off the bed and put it on as she looked in the mirror.

GABRIELLE 
I guess so.

Xena stood by their bedroom door as Gabrielle turned around and walked over to her.

XENA 
So have you made your decision?

Gabrielle sighed as Xena held her.

GABRIELLE
Yeah. It wasn't easy but I know what has to be done.

XENA 
You know I'll be right beside you today Gabrielle, like always. 

Gabrielle smiled a little as she gave Xena a gentle kiss.

GABRIELLE
I know.

Gabrielle finished getting ready. Then she and Xena left their house and went to the village hall. Once inside Gabrielle sat on the throne as everyone else took their places. Gabrielle took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment as Xena placed her hand on her shoulder to reassure her. When Xena took her hand away Gabrielle opened her eyes as she entered her "queen mode". 

GABRIELLE 
Okay now that we're all set, bring in the accused and get the trial started.

TO BE CONTINUED...

FINALE

Gabrielle sat on her throne with Xena standing to one side and Ephiny on the other. The doors to the village hall were opened as the surviving members of the rebel amazons, including Kai were lead inside by guards. All the rebels were in chains as they walked in and up towards the platform where Gabrielle sat. They stopped several feet from Gabrielle and the guards stepped to the sides but remained on alert if any of the rebels attempted to escape or attack anyone. Xena scowled at the number of people the now desist Valassca had managed to recruit to her cause.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) Counting the ones that were killed, there were more than we thought. I hope we got 'em all.

Amung the crowd Skyla, Clover, Fauna and Iris sat together as they spoke amongst themselves.

FAUNA 
Kai... I can't believe she would do something like this. 

CLOVER 
You think you know someone.

IRIS 
I know what she did was inexcusable, but she's still our friend. Whats gonna happen to her and the others? 

SKYLA 
Don't worry I'm sure Gabrielle will come up with something.

Once the crowd settled down a little Gabrielle raised her hand to silence everyone else. Once everyone was quiet Gabrielle began.

GABRIELLE 
Today we're here to discuss what will happen to these women, these amazons who were involved in a plot to overthrow and assassinate their own queen, that being myself. Though they may have had various motives, the end goal between them all was the same. To kill me and allow the now desist Valassca to take over as queen of the Amazons. 

Members of the crowd grumbled among themselves all expressing various forms of disgust for such traitorous actions. After waiting a few moments Gabrielle raised her hand to silence the crowd so she could continue.

GABRIELLE 
Now as you can see since I sit here alive and well before you, their plot clearly failed. But this doesn't mean that there wasn't still damage done. Aside from their attempts on my life and the numerous injuries I sustained, the subsequent attacks also at times placed others around me in danger as well. And while I don't like having to had avoided death multiple times by the very people I thought were my allies and friends and with their leader gone I might have been able to find a way to move past this. 

Gabrielle looked at Xena for a moment as she remembered their house being set on fire with both herself and Xena inside. She pushed back the reminder of possibly losing Xena that night as she came back to the present and continued speaking.

GABRIELLE 
But their actions at times not only placed my life in danger but those around me as well. And that is simply something I can not forgive. For example most, if not all of you know Xena and are aware of our relationship. She was placed in immediate danger when she ran into our burning home to save me. And that fire was no accident. No it was intentional with the intent of killing me. They knew that Xena lived there also and still showed no regard for her well being. So besides myself, Xena could have very well have died that night.

More murmurs came from the crowd as Xena saw the lingering emotions from that night in Gabrielle's eyes. After taking a moment to compose herself Gabrielle continued as she asked which of the rebels had set the fire. No one in the group took responsibility but for a second Xena saw a small smirk on Kai's face. She clenched her fist but didn't didn't say anything. She didn't want Gabrielle to end up doing something in the moment that she would end up regretting later. Instead she let Gabrielle continue once no one came forward as the culprit.

GABRIELLE 
No one wants to take responsibility? 

Gabrielle sighed as she gathered her thoughts.

GABRIELLE
Fine, I have a feeling that the fire along with the other attacks were all carried out by order of Valassca anyway.

A number of the rebels nodded. 

GABRIELLE 
I see.

The trial went on for some time as witnesses to the various events spoke about what they saw. With every testimony the evidence against the rebels continued to pile up, as their guilt became more and more apparent. Once the witnesses had spoken Gabrielle looked at the rebel amazons.

GABRIELLE 
Before I make my final judgment I would like to offer any of you the opportunity to speak on your own behalf. You may not think so, but I promise you I will take what you have to say into consideration.

After a couple moments a number of the members took turns speaking. They all pretty much said the same thing. Offering their apologies for their actions, with a number stating that Valassca had told them numerous lies about Gabrielle that they now saw weren't true. After the rebels who wanted to speak finished, Gabrielle  
Knew it was time to make her decision on what to do with them. She called for an end to the days trial and said that she would take the night to decide the rebels punishment. After the rebels were taken back to their holding cells and everyone else left the hall, Xena crouched down next to Gabrielle who still sat on the throne.

XENA 
You okay?

Gabrielle smiled a little when Xena took her hand in hers.

GABRIELLE
Yeah, just a little tired is all.

Xena stood up as Gabrielle stood with her.

XENA 
Lets go home and get some rest. Tomorrow's gonna be hard.

GABRIELLE 
I Know. I'm still not sure what I wanna do.

XENA 
What ever you decide I'm here.

Gabrielle gave a tired smile as she and Xena left the village hall and went home. Morning came too soon for Gabrielle who managed to get a little sleep after staying up most the night going over various ideas for how she should handle the rebels punishment, before finally coming with something and going back and forth with Xena over the details until the early morning hours. Now she sat back in the village hall along with everyone else who was there the day before. She looked at Kai and the other rebels for a moment. Then to her friends. After taking a moment Gabrielle stood up as she addressed the room.

GABRIELLE 
Yesterday we all heard the accounts of the actions taken by those accused here today. We also heard the reasoning for their actions by the culprits themselves. I took the night to think everything over and come to a decision on what should be done with them now. A decision that I will now hand down along with the punishment for their crime.

Gabrielle looked at the rebel amazons as she continued and asked them all to stand and step forward. Once all the culprits were in front of her, Gabrielle continued.

GABRIELLE 
Before I continue please know that I didn't take making this decision lightly. And I did my best to be as fair as I could and remain in accordance to amazon law. That being said all of you have put yourselves here with your own choices and actions. So just know that once I state the verdict, my decision is final.

A number of the rebels made various noises in either approval or disagreement as Gabrielle carried on.

GABRIELLE 
Very well. On the multiple charges of conspiracy to over throw your queen by attempted murder to euserp the role for one of your own I find you all guilty.

A number of the members of the audience in attendance cheared and applauded. Gabrielle raised her hand and the audience fell silent.

GABRIELLE 
As such I found a punishment that I feel is appropriate for the crimes that have been committed.

Gabrielle paused for a moment as she prepared herself for the most difficult part of all of this. After a deep breath she looked directly at Kai and the rest of the rebels and handed down her decision.

GABRIELLE 
So for the guilty verdict of conspiracy and attempted assassination of your queen I order all of you to be stripped of your right of caste and sentence you to exile from all Amazon tribes. Never to be able allowed to rejoin.

Most of the rebels lowered their heads in sadness and shame.

GABRIELLE 
And further more, should any of you return to this village or any other village at any time, you will be executed.

The crowd spoke amongst themselves about the verdict handed down. Pretty much all agreeing that the punishment Gabrielle had given out was far to lenient for the crimes committed. Gabrielle already exspected the response she got from the crowd. It was pretty much the same thing Xena had done the night before when Gabrielle told her what she was going to do. Even though Xena had told her repeatedly that the rebels had made their own choices and had to deal with the consequences. To which Gabrielle responded by saying that she had made her choice and that Xena and anyone else who didn't like it would have to live with that.Eventually Xena had given up on trying to change Gabrielle's mind knowing that she didn't want to feel responsible for more deaths. So Xena quietly stood beside Gabrielle as Gabrielle announced her verdict and the crowd displayed their disapproval for Gabrielle lenience. After getting the crowd settled down Gabrielle finished up giving the rest of the details before calling the trial to a close. The next day Gabrielle, Xena and most of the othervillage residents stood in the village square as Kai and the other rebels had their wrist tied together and connected to each other to form a line and prevent them from running. They were also all blindfolded so they were unable to see where they were being taken to make it more difficult for any of them to try and return if they decided to go against the warning given. Before having Kai's blindfold put on Gabrielle allowed her to say her final goodbyes to Skyla, Clover, Fauna and Iris. Being friends with them as well Gabrielle knew that this wasn't going to be easy on the four who had grown up along side Kai to see Kai exiled. But they had all told Gabrielle that they understood and thanked her for allowing Kai to live. So with a sad heart Kai's blindfold was put on and the group of rebels were lead out of the village by a number of guards never to be allowed to return to any amazon land, tribe or village. The following days in the village were far more somber than usual which was perfectly understandable given the scenario that everyone had gone through. But slowly things began to return to normal and everyone remaining in the village carried on with life. Including Xena and Gabrielle. For a bit Gabrielle was worried that Skyla, Clover, Fauna and Iris might be upset with her for sentencing their close friend to a life of exile. Which she could've understood on some level, but after seeing that they didn't treat her any differently she was relieved that she apparently wouldn't be losing any more friends any time soon. 

GABRIELLE 
You do realize I know you're there.

Gabrielle smiled as she felt Xena lean over her as she sat at the table writing.

XENA 
I'm aware. Trust me if I wanted to sneak up on you, you'd never hear me coming.

Gabrielle looked up at Xena.

GABRIELLE 
(Joking) I don't know I think I've gotten pretty good at knowing when someone's lurking around behind me. 

Gabrielle lost her smile as she looked out the window at the village.

GABRIELLE 
Especially after everything with Valassca.

Xena sighed knowing that Gabrielle was still getting over the betrayal of those who she thought were her friends and amazon sisters. She thought for a moment then got an idea.

XENA 
Come on.

GABRIELLE 
What? Where are we going?

XENA 
I think you could use a change of scenery from this place.

GABRIELLE
I know things have been rough but do we have to really leave?

Xena smiled.

XENA 
Don't worry I have every intention of having us back here before the sun rises tomorrow. That is if you still wanna stay.

Gabrielle's smile reappeared as Xena held out her hand and Gabrielle took it. Before long the two were on Argo as they rode offer a large grassy hill. The sun had begun to set when they set up camp and were laying comfortably on their blankets in front of a fire. Gabrielle rested her head on Xena's chest as Xena held her.

GABRIELLE 
It feels like forever since we've slept under the stars like this. It's actually kinda nice.

XENA 
I thought you'd like the idea.

Gabrielle let out a content sigh as she looked up at the darkening sky.

GABRIELLE 
We are still going back to the village tomorrow right?

XENA 
Of course. We can go wherever you'd like Gabrielle.

Gabrielle raised her head and kissed Xena.

XENA 
(Joking) I'm guessing that means you're happy.

GABRIELLE 
Very.

XENA 
Good to hear.

Gabrielle layed her head back down and began idly running her fingertips along Xena's armor that she usually kept on they slept outside in case they were attacked in the middle of the night.

XENA 
(Joking) You do realize I can't feel that through the armor.

GABRIELLE 
Huh?

Gabrielle looked down to see that her hand had inadvertently made its way to Xena's chest. She laughed a little as she took her hand away.

GABRIELLE 
Oops guess my hand just wondered there on its own.

XENA 
(Joking) Mmhm sure. I've heard that one before.

Gabrielle propped her head up in her hand as she looked at Xena who had a smirk on her face.

GABRIELLE 
Hey if I'll have you know that if I put my hands on your breast on purpose you'd know.

Xena arched her eyebrow.

XENA 
(Seductive tone) Oh would I?

GABRIELLE 
Yeah.

XENA 
(Seductive tone) And would I know if your hands went other places on purpose too?

GABRIELLE 
(Seductive tone) I would certainly hope so. 

XENA 
(Seductive tone) Maybe we should find out.

GABRIELLE 
(Seductive tone) Maybe we should.

Gabrielle leaned closer as Xena raised her head as their lips met for a passionate kiss. As they kissed Gabrielle let her hand travel across Xena's torso and down under her skirt. Xena sighed happily as she felt Gabrielle's hand rubbing against her for a few moments before sitting up, grabbing hold of Xena's underwear and beginning to pull them off. Once the piece of clothing was out of the way Xena pulled Gabrielle in for a kiss as Gabrielle worked on getting out of her own under clothing. Afterwards Gabrielle moved to lay on top off Xena as Xena took off her armor and put it to the side. Gabrielle kissed Xena as she began moving her sex against Xena's thigh and running her hands over Xena's chest. Xena placed her hands around Gabrielle's waist as she felt the wetness from Gabrielle's netherlands beginning to coat her thigh. Gabrielle lowered the straps of Xena's top and pulled down the front exposing Xena's boobs. Xena groaned as Gabrielle leaned down and took one of her nipples on her mouth and began to suck. While still moving on Xena's leg one of Gabrielle's hands move to her womanhood. Xena moaned as she felt a couple fingers push inside her. Gabrielle began to weave her fingers in and out of Xena's feminine treasure as she slowly rocked back and forth on Xena's thigh. Xena lifted her leg slightly to push it against Gabrielle. Gabrielle moaned as she felt the increased pressure between her legs. She gripped at the blanket under them as she continued moving on Xena. Xena threw her head back and she arched further into Gabrielle's mouth as she felt Gabrielle add another finger to the ones already thrusting into her entrance. Xena moaned Gabrielle's name as she moved against her hand. Gabrielle switched her mouth to Xena's other nipple while continuing to move her womanhood against Xena's leg. She gripped the blanket tighter as she began to move faster. Xena felt Gabrielle also speeding up her movements inside her. She layed there as she felt her orgasism begining to build within her. Gabrielle continued to push deep into Xena as she rocked herself harder against her. Feeling her climax also on the horizon, Gabrielle took her mouth from Xena's chest as she moaned and moved harder on Xena's thigh. The night air was soon filled with both Xena and Gabrielle's euphoric cries as they each felt their orgasisms hit them around the same time. Gabrielle pushed hard against Xena's thigh as her climax struck and the waves of pleasure over took her. While simultaneously hearing Xena yell and feeling her tighten around her fingers as Xena came. After laying there for a few minutes as they calmed down and got fully dressed again, they kissed as Gabrielle moved to lay beside Xena. Xena grabbed another blanket and threw it over them. After a little idle conversation Gabrielle looked at Xena as thought about what had transpired over the past few weeks since the attacks against her started.

GABRIELLE 
Xena do you think I can truly get over everything with Valassca, Kai and the other rebels.

Xena held Gabrielle closer as she brushed a bit of hair from her face.

XENA 
Knowing you yes. You might not realize it but you seem to have the ability to see the good in people. Even when it doesn't seem like there's any good there to find. I mean look what you did for me when we met.

GABRIELLE 
I guess but you were good when I met you. I mean you did save me after all.

XENA 
But you didn't know that. And even after learning about my horrible past you still continue to stay with me.

GABRIELLE 
Because I know that's not who you are anymore.

XENA 
My point exactly. You don't see the person I was but the person I've become. 

GABRIELLE 
Okay but what does that have to do with Valassca and the others?

XENA 
Simple I don't think you're capable of holding any serious grudges or ill will towards anyone no matter how horrible they might be.

GABRIELLE 
But you're different. It's not like you tried to kill me or other people I love.

XENA 
Okay what about Ares. Or Calisto. Or anyone else we've come across that have hurt someone you cared about.

Gabrielle sighed as she thought about what Xena said. She might not have liked them and at times didn't think that she could get past the hurt they had caused her. And while it took time she eventually did. And even though this hurt a little differently because of the fact that Gabrielle had considered Valassca a friend, she thought for a moment and realized that she still couldn't bring herself to hate her.

GABRIELLE 
I guess you're right. 

XENA 
See, just give it a little time. You'll see that soon enough all the stuff that happened with Valassca will be a distant memory.

Gabrielle smiled as she and Xena got into their usual comfortable sleeping positions as they said their goodnights and began drifting off to sleep. Both happy to have a little escape from the hustle and bustle of the secret village. Even for just one night, before returning home in the morning. Soon as Gabrielle closed her eyes she was now hopeful that everyone could now find a better way to deal with their grievances. Not only against her and Xena, but also whatever any of the villagers might have against each other over the most recent events that took place. And that she, Xena, along with everyone else in the village could all truly move past the treachery of mutiny in the monarchy.

"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL III : MUTINY IN THE MONARCHY

END ❤️

* ~~~ >>--❤--> ~~~ *

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE 4TH STORY OF THE SERIES...
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series 
SCROLL IV: A FRUITFUL STATE OF SKEPTICISM

EMAIL:
Tgirl159tgirl159@gmail.com

Bard's Page

Back to the Academy