The Ties That Bind

by TrueT159

SUMMARY:
(Not related to the episode of Xena warrior princess with the same name. )
What happens when Xena and Gabrielle are pinned against each other, in an evil plot to destroy Xena. Figuring if Xena loses the one person that matters most to her, it'll make her more vulnerable and ultimately destroy her.

Pt.1

The night was quiet as Xena and Gabrielle sat by the campfire. It had been a long day on the road. They ran into some bandits that were hassling some traveling merchants. They fought them off and sent the bandits running. Unfortunately during the fight, Xena sustained an injury. Luckily it wasn't serious. One of the bandits managed to land a sneak attack while Xena was distracted by the other bandits she was fighting. Gabrielle helped Xena clean and bandage her wound.

GABRIELLE 
You feeling okay?

XENA 
Yeah. I've been in far worse shape than this.

GABRIELLE 
I know.

Once Xena was all patched up, Gabrielle got up.

GABRIELLE 
How about some dinner?

XENA 
Sure.

Gabrielle preceded to get cleaned up, then she prepared their meal. Once it was done, Xena went to get up to get her food. Gabrielle saw her wince in pain as she moved.

GABRIELLE 
Why don't you just stay there. I'll bring your food over to you.

Xena settled back down as Gabrielle came over with their meals. She handed Xena hers as she sat down beside her.

XENA 
Thanks. For the food and helping to patch me up.

Gabrielle smiled at Xena.

GABRIELLE 
Of course. How did even get hurt by someone like that anyway?

XENA 
Lucky shot.

After a bit they finished up and got out their bedding. They layed down and settled in for the night. Later Gabrielle was awoke. She thought she heard something. Gabrielle sat up and looked around in the darkness. She didn't see anything. Figuring it was just some wild animal, Gabrielle shrugged it off. She was about to lay back down when she felt a presence. Gabrielle let out a slightly annoyed sigh.

GABRIELLE 
It's really late. What do you want Ares?

Ares manifested in front of her.

ARES
Oh so now you can sense me too. Yet one more thing you've learned from Xena I see. Impressive. How'd you know?

GABRIELLE 
(Sarcasm) I felt my skin crawl.

ARES
Ouch. I do have feelings you know.

GABRIELLE 
Why are you here Ares? Can't you continue your pointless pursuit of Xena during the day?

ARES 
Pointless? Now I wouldn't say that.

GABRIELLE 
Of course you wouldn't.

XENA 
Get lost Ares.

Gabrielle looked over and saw Xena sitting up.

XENA 
Don't you have anything better to do than bother us?

ARES 
I have plenty to do thank you. But if you don't want my warning? Fine. I'll just be going than.

Xena figured this was probably just some trick. But she decided to indulge Ares for the moment, just in case.

XENA 
Alright I'll bite. What exactly did you want to warn me about?

ARES
Oh not much, just an upcoming attack on Amphipolis that I happen to know about. 

XENA 
Mother...

ARES
I thought that might interest you.

Xena stood up and grabbed her sword, holding it up to Ares.

XENA 
I'm warning you Ares if this is a trick. Or if I find out you have a part in this.

ARES
Relax. I'm simply a messenger, this time. No if you'll excuse me.

XENA 
This time? What are you...

Before Xena could finish, Ares vanished. Gabrielle got up and went over to Xena.

GABRIELLE 
What do you wanna do? Do you believe what Ares said?

XENA 
I don't want to. But I think we should go just to be sure.

GABRIELLE 
I agree. But what do you think he meant when he said that he was just a messenger this time?

XENA 
No clue. But I intend to find out. First things first though. We need to pack up and get to Amphipolis. Come on.

Though it was still the middle of the night, Xena and Gabrielle gathered up their stuff and headed out. They traveled through the night. It was mid morning as they continued towards Amphipolis. As they quickly galloped down the road, Ares once again appeared.

ARES 
You look like you're in a hurry. I take it you're on your way back home Xena.

Xena and Gabrielle stopped.

XENA 
Now what do you want?

ARES 
I just happen to have another little piece of information that you might want to know.

XENA 
(Sarcasm) Well aren't you helpful today. 

ARES 
(Joking) Well what can I say. Guess being around you two so much, some of your decency has rubbed of on me.

XENA 
(Sarcasm) I'm sure. Now spit it out what was so important that you showed up again. 

ARES 
Well I happen to know about another attack elsewhere that might also be of interest.

XENA 
Right now I highly doubt that. 

Xena moved around Ares and began to keep going.

ARES 
You might not care but I know someone else who will.

Ares looked at Gabrielle.

GABRIELLE 
What are you implying?

ARES 
It would appear that now Potidaea is also about to be attacked as well.

Gabrielle's eyes went wide in fear.

GABRIELLE 
What?!

Xena stopped when she heard what Ares said. She got off her horse and stormed over to Ares, drawing her sword.

XENA 
Now don't tell me, you have nothing to do with this attack either.

ARES
Honestly no. Like I said before, I'm just a messenger.

XENA 
Oh I wasn't aware that the God of War had been reduced to an errand boy.

Xena's comment angered Ares.

ARES
Hey I was being nice and warning you about the attacks. And this is how you repay my kindness.

XENA 
That's the thing you don't do things just out of the kindness of your heart. There's always a catch. So what is it this time? And just to save us time before you ask, no I'm not going to join you or lead your army. So don't even bother.

ARES 
Well if that's how you wanna be, this will be the last time I help you out with this.

Xena knew that there was more that Ares knew about the situation but wasn't telling them.

XENA 
You're being intentionally cryptic again. What aren't you telling us?

ARES 
Wouldn't you like to know. I tried offer my help, but you turned me down.

XENA 
If it means joining you, I don't want your help.

ARES
Have it your way Xena. But just remember you could've stopped everything before it ever happened.

With that ominous warning, Ares disappeared. Leaving Xena and Gabrielle confused as to what he was talking about. But they didn't have time to dwell on that. Right now they needed to figure out what they were going to do. If what Ares said was true, both of their home villages were going to be attacked. And obviously they couldn't be in two places at once. They needed to figure out what to do and they had to do it quick. Before it was too late.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.2

Xena and Gabrielle discussed what they were going to do about both of their home villages being attacked. 

GABRIELLE 
What are we gonna do Xena?

XENA 
We're gonna have to go to both places. Even though I don't trust Ares as far as I can throw 'em. On the off chance he's actually being helpful for whatever reason, I don't want to not go and have something have really happened.

GABRIELLE 
True. But then there's the question of why Ares even warned us about this in the first place.

XENA 
Knowing him I'm sure he'll show up again after we deal with things expecting something in return. Which I'm actually looking forward to. He clearly knew something else that he wasn't saying.

GABRIELLE 
He's definitely up to something.

XENA 
Yes. But first things first, we need to get to our home villages and make sure nothings going on.

GABRIELLE 
But if they're both really being attacked, we'll never make it to both.

XENA 
You're right. That's why we're splitting up. I'm going to check things out in Amphipolis. And you head back to Potidaea and make sure everything is okay there.

GABRIELLE 
Okay.

After a bit more strategizing, they decided on a spot to meet back up once everything was taken care of.

XENA 
Alright I'm heading out. We'll meet back up here when we're done. Stay safe.

GABRIELLE 
You too. See you soon.

With that Xena and Gabrielle parted ways. Xena headed to Amphipolis and Gabrielle to Potidaea. They hoped that Ares was lying. But not wanting to take the risk of him actually telling the truth, they traveled as quickly as they could. After a while Gabrielle made it to Potidaea. As she arrived, Gabrielle saw with her own eyes that it really was in fact under attack.

GABRIELLE 
No...

Wasting no time, Gabrielle raced into action. She changed in and began taking down the attackers. She fought hard to defend the people there. As she fought, Gabrielle saw her sister, Lila. She quickly ran over to her. Lila saw Gabrielle as she came over to her.

LILA 
Gabrielle? What are you doing here?

GABRIELLE 
I'll explain later. Are you okay?

Lila nodded. She looked around expecting to see Xena too.

LILA 
Hey is Xena not with you?

GABRIELLE 
Not right now. Come on let's get you somewhere safe.

Gabrielle lead Lila around the fighting, trying to find a safe spot for her to hide. As she looked both she and Lila spotted someone in the midst of the chaos.

LILA
Hey Gabrielle doesn't that look like...

GABRIELLE 
Xena?

LILA 
I thought you said she wasn't with you.

GABRIELLE 
She wasn't. She said she was going to Amphipolis. She must've decided to come here instead 

LILA 
Why, what's in Amphipolis?

GABRIELLE 
That's where Xena's from. We were told it was going to be attacked. The same as here.

LILA 
Why's she here then?

GABRIELLE 
I don't know.

Gabrielle didn't have time to think about why Xena was there right now. She needed to get Lila somewhere safe first. She lead her sister to a small building off to the side and told her to wait inside until she came back for her. Afterwards Gabrielle headed back into the fight. As she fought she looked for Xena in the chaos. Finally Gabrielle spotted her again.

GABRIELLE 
Xena!

Xena didn't respond. Gabrielle couldn't help but notice that Xena just seemed to be walking around and not doing anything to help. Gabrielle wondered if something was wrong. She tried to go over to her but was cut off by a number of the villages attackers. She fought them off. Gabrielle looked back towards where she saw Xena just in time to see her walk behind a building. Gabrielle's focus was quickly returned to the battle as she continued to fight off the attackers. A bit later the people attacking began to pull back and retreat. When the coast was clear, Gabrielle went to get Lila.

GABRIELLE 
You okay?

LILA 
Yeah. Thank you.

Happy her sister was safe Gabrielle hugged Lila. She told her everyone was okay. They walked back out to the center of the village.

LILA 
Where'd Xena go?

GABRIELLE 
I'm not sure. I lost track of her during the fight. But I really think I should go find her.

Lila heard the concern in Gabrielle's voice.

LILA 
Why?

GABRIELLE 
When I saw her earlier she was acting strange.

LILA 
How so?

Gabrielle explained that she saw Xena just idlely walking around while the battle was going on. And that wasn't like Xena at all. Besides the fact that she wasn't supposed to be there to begin with.

GABRIELLE 
It all seems so strange.

LILA 
Maybe she came to help, but when she saw you had things handled she left it to you.

GABRIELLE 
Maybe. But it still feels weird that she would just leave. Unless she figured I'd assume that she thought I couldn't handle this on my own and be mad.

LILA 
You're probably reading to much into this.

GABRIELLE 
You're right. I guess it's not really a big deal.

LILA 
Can you stay and visit for a bit?

GABRIELLE 
Sorry I'm supposed to meet back up with Xena. But we'll come by and visit real soon I promise.

Though slightly disappointed that Gabrielle couldn't stay, Lila smiled as she hugged Gabrielle goodbye. After making sure everyone was okay, Gabrielle left Potidaea to meet back up with Xena. Gabrielle traveled for a while. Then up the road she saw Xena sitting on a tree stump sharpening her sword. She looked up seeing Gabrielle as she came closer. She put her sword away and stood up.

XENA 
(Joking) 'Bout time you showed up.

Gabrielle made her way over to Xena.

GABRIELLE 
Funny. You couldn't have been waiting that long. 

XENA 
What makes you say that?

GABRIELLE 
Nice try Xena. But I saw you back there. Even though apparently you didn't notice me.

Xena gave Gabrielle a confused look.

XENA 
Gabrielle what are you talking about? I told you I was going home to check things out there.  

Gabrielle was very confused.

GABRIELLE 
But I could've sworn I saw you back there. And not just me, Lila saw you too.

XENA 
That's not possible, I just got here a little while ago. I was going to head there soon if you didn't show up. But there's no need to now. 

GABRIELLE 
Huh I guess it wasn't you then. 

Gabrielle laughed a little.

GABRIELLE 
I suppose it wouldn't be the first time I've seen someone who looked just like you. 

XENA
That's true.

GABRIELLE 
That would explain why "you" weren't acting like yourself.

XENA 
Well there you go.

Gabrielle continued to think about what she saw. Something still felt really odd to her about the situation.

GABRIELLE 
But that doesn't explain why whoever that was, was dressed like you too. Or why they just stood there and watched everything that happened. Not to mention what they were even doing there to start with. The whole thing makes even less sense with that not being you.

XENA 
You're right. There's definitely something off about this whole thing. No, something's not right.

GABRIELLE 
You think Ares was just trying to pull something?

Xena thought for a moment.

XENA 
No. This doesn't feel like his style. But he's clearly involved in some way.

Xena stood up and began walking away. Gabrielle followed.

GABRIELLE 
I can't put my finger on it, but I have a strange feeling about this whole thing.

XENA 
Me too. And I'm gonna find out what in Tartarus is going on.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.3

Xena and Gabrielle walked for a while. They casually made their way down the road.

GABRIELLE 
Oh I can't believe I almost forgot to ask, how was everything in Amphipolis?

XENA 
It was fine. It turns out that there was no attack. I even checked the surrounding areas and didn't find anything even resembling a threat.

GABRIELLE 
Well that's a relief.

XENA 
After I made sure that everything was alright, I came to our meeting spot to wait for you. I figured that the whole thing was a lie. That's why I didn't go to Potidaea. If I had known that there actually was trouble I would've come as soon as I could.

GABRIELLE 
I probably would've thought the same thing. 

XENA 
Still I should've come just to be sure. I sorry.

GABRIELLE 
It's okay. Besides everything turned out alright. So there's no need to worry. 

XENA 
Maybe.

Gabrielle could see that something was on Xena's mind.

GABRIELLE 
What's wrong?

XENA 
There's so much about the whole situation that just doesn't add up.

GABRIELLE 
You mean like me seeing you during the attack on Potidaea? Like you said maybe I was mistaken.

XENA 
Maybe. But that doesn't explain why Ares told us about the attacks. Plus why was your home villages actually attacked? But mine wasn't. Nothing about this makes sense. Come on, I'm getting to the bottom of this.

GABRIELLE 
Where are we going?

XENA 
To find Ares. He's the one who started this. He knows more than he told us. And I'm gonna find out what.

Suddenly as if on cue, Ares showed up behind them.

ARES 
Speak my name and I shall appear.

Xena and Gabrielle turned around to face him.

XENA 
Ares. Have you been watching us?

ARES 
(smirking) Oh I'm always watching you Xena.

GABRIELLE 
(Sarcasm) Creepy.

Xena wasn't in the mood for Ares nonsense.

XENA 
Alright enough of your games Ares. What are you planning? We checked out our home villages. Mine was fine, but Gabrielle's was attacked. Why. You know something about this don't you?

ARES 
Well yeah. How do you think I was able to tell you about it?

Xena drew her sword and pointed at Ares.

XENA 
Don't play dumb. You know what I meant. I could tell before that you knew more than you were saying. Now What's going on? What are you up to?

Ares laughed.

ARES 
Oh Xena, always so mistrusting. I promise you, "I" am not up to anything.

He pushed Xena's sword down. Xena caught the way he said that.

XENA 
Okay then who is? You're clearly working with someone. So who is it?

ARES
Sorry Xena, but that's for me to know. And you to not find out.

XENA 
We'll see about that.

ARES 
Well as fun as this has been, I should really be going. 'Til next time, Xena.

And just like that Ares vanished again. Xena put away her weapon.

GABRIELLE
Well so much for getting answers from him. Just when I think he can't get any worse.

Xena made a slight grunt agreeing with the sentiment. The two of them carried on without giving the situation much more thought. A number of nights later Xena and Gabrielle were putting out their bed rolls for the night. After everything was settled, Xena layed down and got comfortable. Gabrielle went through her pack and got her waterskin. She realized it was empty.

GABRIELLE 
Hey you got any water left?

Xena shrugged. Gabrielle checked and saw that she was out of water too.

XENA 
I think I saw a stream a little ways back.

GABRIELLE 
Alright I'll be back.

Gabrielle got up and went to get them water. Meanwhile Xena made herself comfortable. She layed there quietly listening to the sounds of the night. After a bit Xena heard a sound. She quickly grabbed her sword and sat up. Pointing her sword towards where she heard the sound.

XENA 
Oh Gabrielle.

Xena lowered her weapon.

GABRIELLE 
Something wrong Xena?

XENA 
No.

Gabrielle walked over to their blankets and sat down beside Xena.

XENA 
You already got the water?

GABRIELLE 
Yeah. I already put it away.

She gently kissed Xena's shoulder as she layed her head on her. Xena felt Gabrielle's fingertips lightly tracing up and down her thigh. She gave a sly smirk.

XENA 
(Sly tone) Well now what was in that water to suddenly bring this on?

Gabrielle laughed a little as she got up to her her knees. She moved and settled herself on Xena's lap. She didn't say a word as she passionately kissed Xena.

XENA 
Alright. I know how to take a hint.

Xena returned Gabrielle's kiss with her own. She ran her hands up Gabrielle's stomach to her chest, gently massaging her boobs. Gabrielle let out a soft moan. After a few moments, Gabrielle pulled away. She slid back off Xena's lap, laying back. She beckoned Xena towards her. Xena undressed and positioned herself above Gabrielle. She sensually kissed down Gabrielle's neck as she undid her top. Removing it and tossing it aside. Xena then continued her way down the length of Gabrielle's torso. Her lips just grazing Gabrielle's skin. She removed the rest of her clothes. Xena began tracing her fingertips up and down Gabrielle's body. Gabrielle lifted her head, looking at Xena.

GABRIELLE 
Please, Xena.

By the tone of her voice, Xena got the hint that she should get right to business. She chuckled a little as she pushed herself up against Gabrielle. She began slowly thrusting her hips. Xena moved against Gabrielle. Feeling her desire beginning to build. It take long for Xena feel herself about ready to hit her climax. She began moving faster.

XENA 
Gabrielle...

Gabrielle put her arms around Xena. Holding her close, as Xena continued to move. Moments later Xena thrust hard once more and then she felt the rush of her orgasism hit her. She grasped the blanket under them as she felt the waves of her high crash down on her. After a few moments Xena got up to her knees. As she did Gabrielle sat up too. Xena noticed that she seemed to be looking around.

XENA 
Something wrong?

After a couple seconds Gabrielle quickly answered.

GABRIELLE 
No. Everything's just fine.

She smiled as she put her hands on Xena's shoulders. She kissed Xena passionately. After a moment she pulled back.

XENA 
Oh did I not quite get the job done?

GABRIELLE 
Oh don't worry about that. You just lay back and relax. I'll take it from here.

Gabrielle positioned herself between Xena's legs. She smiled as she had Xena lean back. Xena propped herself up on her forearms as she looked at Gabrielle. Wondering what exactly she was up to.

XENA 
Well you're just full of surprises tonight, aren't you?

Gabrielle didn't say anything. She just kissed her. Then she made her way down Xena's body. She stopped at Xena's womanhood. She layed on her stomach as she began lightly tracing her finger along Xena's entrance. She did this for a little bit. Xena let out a low moan as she felt herself becoming turned on all over again. 

XENA 
Gabrielle...

Suddenly Xena felt Gabrielle's fingers push inside her. She instantly began moving against her hand. As she did, Gabrielle began moving inside her. She smiled up at Xena. It wasn't long before Xena could already feel herself on the edge of another climax. Suddenly Gabrielle began slowing down for a moment. Xena looked down at her. She noticed Gabrielle seemed to be distracted. She was about to say something, when she saw Gabrielle smile and look at her as she picked up speed again. Moments later Xena came again. After the high began to subside, Xena felt Gabrielle remove her fingers from inside her. Completely spent, she moved her arms from under her as she layed flat on her back. She saw Gabrielle lean over her.

GABRIELLE 
I take you enjoyed yourself?

Xena caught her breath as she chuckled.

XENA 
You could say that.

GABRIELLE 
Good.

Xena noticed Gabrielle looking off again.

XENA 
Hey everything okay? 

GABRIELLE 
Huh?

XENA 
You were just looking off in the distance. I noticed you were doing it earlier too.

GABRIELLE 
It's nothing. Just admiring the scenery.

Gabrielle got up and grabbed her clothes.

GABRIELLE 
I'm gonna go get dressed.

XENA 
Go?

GABRIELLE 
There's a little pond a bit over there. I'm gonna go take a quick bath.

XENA 
Want me to come with you.? It's pretty dark. Don't need you getting lost.

GABRIELLE 
Thanks but, I need you to stay right here.

XENA 
What does that mean?

GABRIELLE 
Well someone needs to watch our stuff. Don't worry I'll be okay.

She looked off then quickly turned her attention back to Xena.

GABRIELLE 
Be back in and bit.

With that Gabrielle smiled as she walked off.

XENA 
(thinking to herself) That was strange. She seemed like she was in a hurry to get away from me. Great what did I do now?

Xena got up and began getting dressed. As she got herself back together, Xena heard something coming from some nearby bushes. She cautiously walked over and peaked over them. Xena was surprised to see that it was Gabrielle. She was sitting on the ground crying. Very concerned, Xena quickly pushed through the bushes and knelt down beside her.

XENA 
Gabrielle. Gabrielle what's wrong?

Xena reached out and gently touched Gabrielle's shoulder. As she did, Gabrielle quickly pushed her hand away.

GABRIELLE 
Don't you touch me!

Xena saw Gabrielle's eyes filled with hurt and anger.

XENA 
What happened? Are you okay?

Gabrielle stood up.

GABRIELLE 
I can't believe you would do this Xena. How could you?

XENA 
What are you talking about? Gabrielle what's the matter? Did something happen when you left?

GABRIELLE 
I saw you Xena! Stop pretending. Please just stop and tell me why.

Gabrielle's eyes began to fill with tears. Though Xena didn't know what was going on, she could see that Gabrielle was clearly hurting.

XENA 
Gabrielle I don't know what to say. Talk to me.

GABRIELLE 
There's nothing more for me to say.

Gabrielle walked past her and grabbed her bedding. Moving it to the other side of the camp, away from Xena. She layed down with her back to Xena and didn't say another word the rest of the night. Even when Xena tried getting her to talk, Gabrielle remained silent. Finally Xena gave up and went to bed. She looked at Gabrielle laying on the other side of their camp. Unable to sleep, wondering what was wrong. She quietly spoke to Gabrielle. Unsure if she was awake and could hear her or not.

XENA 
I don't know what happened to upset you so much. I don't like seeing you like this. You know I never want to hurt you. Whatever ever I did, I'm sorry Gabrielle. I love you. And just know that nothing will ever change that.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.4

Before long morning came. Xena awoke to see Gabrielle looking through their packs. She sat up.

XENA 
Morning.

Gabrielle didn't say anything. She got what she was looking for and went over to the campfire. Gabrielle began cooking.

XENA 
So what's for breakfast?

Again Gabrielle remained silent. Xena was becoming very concerned about Gabrielle's behavior. Something was clearly very wrong. Xena needed to get to the bottom of this. She got up and sat across the campfire from Gabrielle.

XENA 
So you wanna tell me what's bothering you.

Gabrielle gave Xena a mean look. But she didn't say anything.

XENA 
Gabrielle you've been acting different since last night. Please talk to me. What's going on?

Finally Gabrielle spoke.

GABRIELLE 
You really insist on acting like you don't know.

Xena tried to think of anything that she could've done to make Gabrielle so upset. But she couldn't come up with anything. Certainly nothing that would warrant this strong of a reaction.

XENA 
I'm sorry I don't. Please just tell me what's going on. I'll do whatever I can to fix this.

GABRIELLE 
You make it sound so simple. 

XENA 
Maybe it won't be. But I won't know unless you tell me.

Xena could see Gabrielle was fighting back her tears as she sat there. Clearly whatever it was that was bothering her was quite serious.

XENA 
Gabrielle, please.

Gabrielle took a deep breath to calm herself before she spoke.

GABRIELLE 
I guess you didn't notice me then. Well that makes sense. I suppose you were pretty distracted. Plus I'd assume you wouldn't have done that if you had.

XENA 
Done what?

Xena noticed that her asking that seemed to anger Gabrielle. Finally Gabrielle just stood up and yelled.

GABRIELLE 
Fine if you insist on doing this I'll just come right out and say it! Last night I saw you Xena! I saw you with someone else! 

Gabrielle looked down as she lowered her voice.

GABRIELLE 
(sad tone) I just wanna know why. Please, Xena.

Xena was stunned by Gabrielle's words. What was she talking about?

XENA 
With someone else? 

Xena quickly got up and walked over to Gabrielle.

XENA 
Gabrielle if you're saying what I think you are, why would you even think that? I would never betray your trust in that way. You mean the world to me. I could never.

GABRIELLE 
Stop denying it. I saw you with my own eyes.

Xena put her hands on Gabrielle's shoulders as she looked right into her eyes.

XENA 
Gabrielle I swear to you with everything I have, that I did not do anything with anyone else. I don't know what you think you saw, but the only person I was with last night was you. And there's no one else I would ever want to share my bad with. I promise you.

Gabrielle looked at Xena with a confused look on her face.

GABRIELLE 
What are you saying Xena? We went together last night.

XENA 
Are you losing your memory.? Because as I recall you were quite enthusiastic after returning from getting your water. 

GABRIELLE 
Xena I was not with you last night. I went to get the water, then when I come back that's when I saw you with someone else.

Xena thought for a moment. 

XENA
(thinking to herself) Gabrielle seems convinced of what she saw. And she insist that we weren't together last night. But how is that possible? 

After some thought Xena spoke.

XENA 
I know this might be difficult, but I need you to tell me exactly what you saw when you came back to camp.

GABRIELLE 
You want me to discrbe what I saw you doing?! You can't be serious. Isn't it bad enough I had to see it.

XENA 
That's not what I meant. You don't have to go into detail. Just give a general idea. You say that you saw me, right?

Gabrielle nodded.

XENA 
Alright, then did you get a look at the other person you think you saw?

Gabrielle felt herself getting mad again.

GABRIELLE 
I think I saw.? Are you calling me a liar? 

XENA 
No of course not.

GABRIELLE 
Why would I make this up? I know what I saw Xena.

Xena tried to calm Gabrielle down.

XENA 
I'm not saying you didn't see anything. You clearly saw something very upsetting. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. Because what you're saying I did, it just isn't possible. Please just tell me what you saw. Because right now nothing your saying is making any sense to me.

Reluctantly Gabrielle told Xena what she saw. As she did, Xena clenched her fist. Because what Gabrielle discrbed was exactly what Xena had done with Gabrielle that night. Xena was beginning to get a small picture of what was going on. After she was done, Gabrielle sat quietly, she didn't even really look at Xena all while she spoke. 

XENA 
I see. I just have one more question. Did you get a good look at this other person by chance? 

GABRIELLE 
No. But you'll understand if I didn't exactly want to stand there and just watch everything. All I know is that I saw you with someone. And besides it's not like who it was really makes a difference anyway. 

Xena thought about everything Gabrielle said and what happened the night before. Then she had an idea. An idea that made her cringe. She didn't want to believe it, but based on the other odd occurrences that had recently happened. It seemed as if that was the only conclusion she could come up with. Xena felt her anger building.

XENA 
Damn it!

She angerly slammed her fist against the tree next to her.

XENA 
How could I have not realized it before hand.

GABRIELLE 
Realized what Xena?

Xena gave Gabrielle a sad look as she got up. She sat beside Gabrielle and took her hand, holding it tight.

XENA 
I'm sorry Gabrielle. I'm a fool for not seeing it sooner.

GABRIELLE 
What? 

XENA 
That you were right. I was, with someone other than you.

Just saying those words hurt Xena. Gabrielle tried to pull her hand away, but Xena gripped it tight. 

XENA 
Please just hear me out. Though I'm certain anything I say will be of little comfort right now. But I beg you to just listen to what I have to say.

Gabrielle stopped trying to pull back. She reluctantly decided to listen to what Xena had to say. Though as much as she wanted it to, she didn't know what difference it would make.

GABRIELLE 
I'm listening.

XENA 
Thank you. I know this isn't easy for you.

Xena let go of Gabrielle's hand. She sighed as tried to find the right words to explain the situation. Which was difficult since Xena herself was 100% sure of everything. But she knew she had to try. She just hoped Gabrielle would believe her.

XENA 
I know this is going to be difficult to believe, but last night I had no idea that what I was doing something wrong.

Gabrielle scowled.

GABRIELLE 
How dumb do you think I am Xena? If you're gonna lie you could at least have the decency to try. As if what you did wasn't bad enough. But now you're gonna sit here and insult my intelligence too. You really are unbelievable, you know that?

Gabrielle finally managed to pull her hand from Xena's grasp. She stood up and began walking away.

XENA 
I thought it was you.

Gabrielle stopped and looked back at Xena.

GABRIELLE 
What?

Xena went over to her.

XENA 
Whoever that was, I thought they were you. They looked like you, talked like you. I had no idea that person wasn't actually you. If I had, I never would've done what I did. I never wanted to hurt you like this. I'm so sorry.

Gabrielle heard nothing but sincerity in Xena's words. Though she was still hurt, she wanted to believe that Xena wouldn't willingly do such a thing. But she couldn't get the image of what she had seen out of her head. As she pictured it, Xena could see Gabrielle becoming upset again. Xena pulled her in and held her close as Gabrielle began to cry again.

GABRIELLE 
I wanna believe you Xena. But..

XENA 
I know. Honestly if the roles were reversed, I can't say I'd be willing to believe my story either.

Xena lightly kissed the top of Gabrielle's head, trying to comfort her the best she could. Though given the circumstances it probably won't much help.

XENA 
I'm sorry. I don't know how, but I'll make things right. It's gonna be okay. Everything will be okay.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Before long morning came. Xena awoke to see Gabrielle looking through their packs. She sat up.

XENA 
Morning.

Gabrielle didn't say anything. She got what she was looking for and went over to the campfire. Gabrielle began cooking.

XENA 
So what's for breakfast?

Again Gabrielle remained silent. Xena was becoming very concerned about Gabrielle's behavior. Something was clearly very wrong. Xena needed to get to the bottom of this. She got up and sat across the campfire from Gabrielle.

XENA 
So you wanna tell me what's bothering you.

Gabrielle gave Xena a mean look. But she didn't say anything.

XENA 
Gabrielle you've been acting different since last night. Please talk to me. What's going on?

Finally Gabrielle spoke.

GABRIELLE 
You really insist on acting like you don't know.

Xena tried to think of anything that she could've done to make Gabrielle so upset. But she couldn't come up with anything. Certainly nothing that would warrant this strong of a reaction.

XENA 
I'm sorry I don't. Please just tell me what's going on. I'll do whatever I can to fix this.

GABRIELLE 
You make it sound so simple. 

XENA 
Maybe it won't be. But I won't know unless you tell me.

Xena could see Gabrielle was fighting back her tears as she sat there. Clearly whatever it was that was bothering her was quite serious.

XENA 
Gabrielle, please.

Gabrielle took a deep breath to calm herself before she spoke.

GABRIELLE 
I guess you didn't notice me then. Well that makes sense. I suppose you were pretty distracted. Plus I'd assume you wouldn't have done that if you had.

XENA 
Done what?

Xena noticed that her asking that seemed to anger Gabrielle. Finally Gabrielle just stood up and yelled.

GABRIELLE 
Fine if you insist on doing this I'll just come right out and say it! Last night I saw you Xena! I saw you with someone else! 

Gabrielle looked down as she lowered her voice.

GABRIELLE 
(sad tone) I just wanna know why. Please, Xena.

Xena was stunned by Gabrielle's words. What was she talking about?

XENA 
With someone else? 

Xena quickly got up and walked over to Gabrielle.

XENA 
Gabrielle if you're saying what I think you are, why would you even think that? I would never betray your trust in that way. You mean the world to me. I could never.

GABRIELLE 
Stop denying it. I saw you with my own eyes.

Xena put her hands on Gabrielle's shoulders as she looked right into her eyes.

XENA 
Gabrielle I swear to you with everything I have, that I did not do anything with anyone else. I don't know what you think you saw, but the only person I was with last night was you. And there's no one else I would ever want to share my bad with. I promise you.

Gabrielle looked at Xena with a confused look on her face.

GABRIELLE 
What are you saying Xena? We went together last night.

XENA 
Are you losing your memory.? Because as I recall you were quite enthusiastic after returning from getting your water. 

GABRIELLE 
Xena I was not with you last night. I went to get the water, then when I come back that's when I saw you with someone else.

Xena thought for a moment. 

XENA
(thinking to herself) Gabrielle seems convinced of what she saw. And she insist that we weren't together last night. But how is that possible? 

After some thought Xena spoke.

XENA 
I know this might be difficult, but I need you to tell me exactly what you saw when you came back to camp.

GABRIELLE 
You want me to discrbe what I saw you doing?! You can't be serious. Isn't it bad enough I had to see it.

XENA 
That's not what I meant. You don't have to go into detail. Just give a general idea. You say that you saw me, right?

Gabrielle nodded.

XENA 
Alright, then did you get a look at the other person you think you saw?

Gabrielle felt herself getting mad again.

GABRIELLE 
I think I saw.? Are you calling me a liar? 

XENA 
No of course not.

GABRIELLE 
Why would I make this up? I know what I saw Xena.

Xena tried to calm Gabrielle down.

XENA 
I'm not saying you didn't see anything. You clearly saw something very upsetting. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. Because what you're saying I did, it just isn't possible. Please just tell me what you saw. Because right now nothing your saying is making any sense to me.

Reluctantly Gabrielle told Xena what she saw. As she did, Xena clenched her fist. Because what Gabrielle discrbed was exactly what Xena had done with Gabrielle that night. Xena was beginning to get a small picture of what was going on. After she was done, Gabrielle sat quietly, she didn't even really look at Xena all while she spoke. 

XENA 
I see. I just have one more question. Did you get a good look at this other person by chance? 

GABRIELLE 
No. But you'll understand if I didn't exactly want to stand there and just watch everything. All I know is that I saw you with someone. And besides it's not like who it was really makes a difference anyway. 

Xena thought about everything Gabrielle said and what happened the night before. Then she had an idea. An idea that made her cringe. She didn't want to believe it, but based on the other odd occurrences that had recently happened. It seemed as if that was the only conclusion she could come up with. Xena felt her anger building.

XENA 
Damn it!

She angerly slammed her fist against the tree next to her.

XENA 
How could I have not realized it before hand.

GABRIELLE 
Realized what Xena?

Xena gave Gabrielle a sad look as she got up. She sat beside Gabrielle and took her hand, holding it tight.

XENA 
I'm sorry Gabrielle. I'm a fool for not seeing it sooner.

GABRIELLE 
What? 

XENA 
That you were right. I was, with someone other than you.

Just saying those words hurt Xena. Gabrielle tried to pull her hand away, but Xena gripped it tight. 

XENA 
Please just hear me out. Though I'm certain anything I say will be of little comfort right now. But I beg you to just listen to what I have to say.

Gabrielle stopped trying to pull back. She reluctantly decided to listen to what Xena had to say. Though as much as she wanted it to, she didn't know what difference it would make.

GABRIELLE 
I'm listening.

XENA 
Thank you. I know this isn't easy for you.

Xena let go of Gabrielle's hand. She sighed as tried to find the right words to explain the situation. Which was difficult since Xena herself was 100% sure of everything. But she knew she had to try. She just hoped Gabrielle would believe her.

XENA 
I know this is going to be difficult to believe, but last night I had no idea that what I was doing something wrong.

Gabrielle scowled.

GABRIELLE 
How dumb do you think I am Xena? If you're gonna lie you could at least have the decency to try. As if what you did wasn't bad enough. But now you're gonna sit here and insult my intelligence too. You really are unbelievable, you know that?

Gabrielle finally managed to pull her hand from Xena's grasp. She stood up and began walking away.

XENA 
I thought it was you.

Gabrielle stopped and looked back at Xena.

GABRIELLE 
What?

Xena went over to her.

XENA 
Whoever that was, I thought they were you. They looked like you, talked like you. I had no idea that person wasn't actually you. If I had, I never would've done what I did. I never wanted to hurt you like this. I'm so sorry.

Gabrielle heard nothing but sincerity in Xena's words. Though she was still hurt, she wanted to believe that Xena wouldn't willingly do such a thing. But she couldn't get the image of what she had seen out of her head. As she pictured it, Xena could see Gabrielle becoming upset again. Xena pulled her in and held her close as Gabrielle began to cry again.

GABRIELLE 
I wanna believe you Xena. But..

XENA 
I know. Honestly if the roles were reversed, I can't say I'd be willing to believe my story either.

Xena lightly kissed the top of Gabrielle's head, trying to comfort her the best she could. Though given the circumstances it probably won't much help.

XENA 
I'm sorry. I don't know how, but I'll make things right. It's gonna be okay. Everything will be okay.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.5

A number of days passed by. Xena and Gabrielle traveled as usual. But Xena noticed that Gabrielle had been far quieter then normal. And it was obvious why. Xena tried to think of a way to help get them past what happened.

XENA 
You okay?

Xena's question pulled Gabrielle out of her thoughts.

GABRIELLE 
Oh, yeah. I'm fine.

XENA 
You wanna talk about it?

GABRIELLE 
No. Honestly I don't think talking about it will do anything. 

XENA 
okay. I just hate seeing you like this.

GABRIELLE 
I know. I'm sorry. Deep down I know what happened wasn't your fault. But it still hurts and I just don't know what to do to get rid of the pain.

XENA 
It's gonna take some time, but it'll get better.

GABRIELLE 
Thank you Xena, for understanding. 

Xena smiled as she reassuringly patted Gabrielle's shoulder. Of course she could understand how Gabrielle must've been feeling. It wasn't as if Xena wasn't hurting from the situation as well. The thought that she had been tricked into what she did. The fact that she had fallen for it in the first place. And knowing how much it hurt Gabrielle. The whole thing angered Xena to no end. She had every intention of making whoever was responsible for this pay severely. After a bit they came to a city and decided to take a break. They went to the tavern to get a drink. As Xena and Gabrielle sat, a woman came over to their table.

WOMAN 
Excuse me, you're Xena right?

XENA 
Yes.

WOMAN 
Earlier today a man came in and left this for you. 

The woman put a scroll on the table in front of Xena.

XENA 
Who left this?

WOMAN 
He didn't tell me his name. He just said you'd be here today and that I should give you the scroll. 

With that the woman walked away. Xena then picked up scroll and opened it. 

GABRIELLE 
What does it say?

Xena read the scroll out loud.

SCROLL 
Come to the large tree on the hill outside of town. And if you want the answers you seek, make sure you come alone. I'll be waiting.

GABRIELLE 
Who's it from?

XENA 
It doesn't say.

GABRIELLE 
Well whoever wrote it knew you'd be here somehow. That's really odd.

XENA 
Yeah there seems to be a lot of odd things going on lately.

GABRIELLE 
You think the person who sent this is involved?

XENA 
Yes. But even if they're not directly, they obviously know something about what's been happening.

GABRIELLE 
So I take it you wanna go meet up with whoever this is.

XENA 
I think I have to. We need to get to the bottom of this mess. And this is the only thing we have to go on at the moment.

Xena got up and began to leave. Gabrielle was about to follow, when Xena stopped her.

XENA 
The note said for me to come alone remember.

GABRIELLE 
Oh, right.

XENA 
Wait here. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Gabrielle sat back down.

GABRIELLE 
Before you go, what if another fake of us shows up. How will we each know if the other is real or not?

Xena thought for a moment, then she took Gabrielle over to a part of the room where no one else could hear them. She took the scroll she received and tore off a corner. Then she handed Gabrielle the scroll.

XENA 
You hold on to that. And I'll keep this piece with me. When I come back I'll show that this matches up with the ripped scroll you have. And if whoever comes back either doesn't know about this or the piece they have doesn't fit, you'll know they're not really me. Same goes for if the Gabrielle I find doesn't have the scroll to match.

GABRIELLE 
Okay.

With that Xena left the tavern and headed out of town. She made her way to where she was instructed to go in the note. Xena looked around for whoever she was supposed to meet with. When she didn't find anyone, Xena was about to head back when she heard a voice.

?
Oh good, you came.

Xena turned towards the voice. There was a person that was wearing a hood, concealing their identity.

XENA 
Who are you?

?
Who I am doesn't matter. What does matter is that you listen to what I have to say.

Xena couldn't help but think of how suspicious that was. But whoever this was, knew information about what had been happening. And right now that was the important thing.

XENA 
Okay you said you had answers for me. So let's hear 'em.

?
In order give you an answer, I need a question first. That is how things work now isn't it?

Xena scowled as she drew her sword.

XENA 
Don't toy with me. I'm in no mood.

?
Violence will get you nowhere with me Xena. I know all about you and everything you're capable of. You don't scare me. Now I suggest if you want me to talk, you put your weapon away. Otherwise I will leave and you can go back to searching for answers in the dark.

Xena reluctantly obeyed.

XENA 
Fine. You want a question. Why does there seem to be another one of me around? Who is it really?

?
Ah so you and Gabrielle have noticed.

XENA 
You know who Gabrielle is?

?
I told you, I know all about you Xena.

XENA 
Fine then why is there another one of myself and Gabrielle.

Xena clenched her fist as she mentioned the fake Gabrielle. The hooded person chuckled a little as they noticed Xena's reaction.

?
It would appear that something has already happened. And so much sooner than expected. 

Xena had to restrain herself from just going off on the mystery person after the carefree response once they realized something significant happened due to the imposters.

XENA 
Just answer the question.

?
Very well. My master created them.

XENA 
Created?

?
Well not in a literal sense. More like they were ordinary people, who have been transformed to look, sound and act like you.

Xena couldn't help but think of implications for what doing something like that could possibly intale. Whoever was behind this were obviously very powerful. 

XENA 
You mentioned your master. Who are they?

?
I'm afraid I can't tell you that.

XENA 
Can't or won't?

?
A bit of both I suppose.

XENA 
Then can you tell me what this master of yours wants?

?
Your destruction.

XENA 
I see, so it's someone wants revenge against me.

?
I'm unsure of my masters motives. But I doubt they did all this merely for vengeance. I'd assume that there would be far easier ways to accomplish that.

XENA 
You'd be surprised by the lengths people will go for vengeance against those who've wronged them.

?
I suppose that's true. But that's simply not the case here. Now my time here is running short. So I can only answer a few more questions.

Xena tried to think of any more pressing questions about what was happening. Then she remembered.

XENA 
I know Ares is some how involved in everything. What does he have to do with this? Is he your master?


No Ares is not my master. And as far as his involvement, I'm not at liberty to say his reasoning.

XENA 
So you know then?

?
Some, though I would never try to say that I understand what drives the God of war.

XENA 
I have ideas. But why are you even telling me any of this? I'm doubt your master would like it very much.

?
Quite the contrary Xena. I'm doing this on my masters orders.

XENA 
Your master wants me to know this information. Why?

?
Because you knowing all this changes nothing.

XENA 
Your master seems awfully arrogant to think that.

?
Your opinion of my master doesn't matter in the slightest.

The hooded person began to walk away. Suddenly they stopped and looked back at Xena.

?
Oh one more thing, if I were you Xena, I would start getting used to not having Gabrielle around.

Xena's eyes widened with that threat.

XENA 
What did you just say?

And just like that the hooded person vanished. Xena got a terrible feeling as she rushed back to where she had left Gabrielle. She burst into the tavern.

XENA 
Gabrielle?

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.6

 Xena entered the tavern looking for Gabrielle. She saw the table that Gabrielle had been sitting at was empty.

XENA 
Gabrielle.

She looked around for her, but didn't see her. Fearing the worst, Xena headed back out to look for Gabrielle. She was just about to leave when she heard Gabrielle's voice behind her.

GABRIELLE 
Xena your back. How'd it go?

Xena turned around to see Gabrielle standing there smiling at her. Xena was relieved to see her for a moment. Then realized that this might be a fake. She took out her torn piece of the scroll she left with Gabrielle. Gabrielle looked at the paper.

GABRIELLE 
What's that?

Xena scowled.

XENA 
Alright where's the real Gabrielle?

GABRIELLE 
What are you talking about Xena? It's me. Don't tell me you think I'm a fake.

XENA 
The real Gabrielle would know what this is.

GABRIELLE 
Oh right, I remember now.

XENA 
Well.

GABRIELLE 
Uh...

Xena grabbed her by the front of her shirt.

XENA 
I'm only gonna ask one more time. Where is Gabrielle.

The fake Gabrielle finally broke character. She gave Xena an evil smile.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
Wouldn't you like to know.

XENA 
I don't know who you think you are, but if you know what's good for you, you'll start talking now.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
I'm surprised you could tell that I wasn't Gabrielle. Because you certainly couldn't tell the last time.

She laughed at the implications of what that meant. The comment only served to anger Xena even further. She put her pinch on her.

XENA 
Since you know all about me, you know that you had better start talking fast. Now tell me where she is.

The fake Gabrielle tried to fight, but quickly realized it was pointless.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
I don't know where the other you took her.

XENA 
Don't even try to give me that.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
I'm serious. We don't tell each other where we're gonna be for this reason.

XENA 
Yet you're here.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
I was told to come here afterwards. I don't know where they are now.

Frustrated, Xena released the hold. She realized that she wasn't going to get any useful information out of the fake Gabrielle. She began walking away, when the fake Gabrielle snatched the piece of scroll that Xena had. She looked at the paper, some what impressed by the idea Xena came up with to weed her out.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
Clever trick. Too bad it didn't really work that well.

She tore up the paper making sure Xena couldn't use it to identify herself to the real Gabrielle.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
Good luck fixing all this now Xena.

Xena knew she didn't have the time to deal with her right now. She needed to find the real Gabrielle. And figure out how the fake Xena got her to believe it was really her. Xena sneered at Gabrielle's imposter as she ran out of the tavern to search for the real one. She raced out of town and scouted the surrounding area. After some time there was still no sign of her.

XENA 
Gabrielle!

Xena looked around, then she spotted her doppelganger in the clearing ahead of her. The fake noticed Xena and smirked at her as she continued making her way from the wooded area she was coming out of. Xena noticed that Gabrielle wasn't with her. Xena got a feeling that something terrible happened. She ran towards where her doppelganger had come from.

XENA 
Gabrielle! Gabrielle!

Xena looked for Gabrielle in the woods. After some time she saw her sitting up against a tree. Her head hanging down.

XENA 
(thinking to herself) No.

Fearing the worst, Xena ran over to Gabrielle.

XENA 
Gabrielle.

Xena reached out to touch her. As soon as she did, Gabrielle looked at her then quickly began backing away from her. Almost as if she was scared of her. Xena couldn't help but notice that Gabrielle's face was bloodied. And she had brushes beginning to form all over her body.

XENA 
It's okay Gabrielle, it's really me.

Xena crouched down to get a better look at Gabrielle's injuries.

XENA 
What happened?

Gabrielle refused to let her guard down.

GABRIELLE 
Prove your actually Xena. Show me what we agreed to show each other as proof that we're real.

XENA 
I can't.

Gabrielle began moving further away from Xena. Believing that she was the imposter Xena.

XENA 
Wait I can explain.

Xena told Gabrielle that she encountered the fake Gabrielle and how she tore up the paper she had that matched the scroll after she was found out.

GABRIELLE 
That's an pretty convenient excuse don't you think? How many times do you think you can fool me?

XENA 
Gabrielle it's really me, I swear. Think about it. How else would I even know about that? I ran into your fake no long ago and they didn't know what the paper I had meant.

GABRIELLE 
You knew about the scroll last time too. 

XENA 
Didn't you ask to see it then too?

GABRIELLE 
No. I trusted that you knowing about it was proff enough that you were really Xena. But you can't think I'd fall for the same thing twice. Now I really know you're fake. Xena would never think I was that dumb.

Xena wondered how her Imposter could've possibly known about the scroll. Could the fakes communicate in some way? Did whoever was behind this find out somehow and tell her doppelganger? Just when Xena thought she was beginning to learn what was going on. Another mystery about the situation revealed itself. But now wasn't the time to try and figure things out. Xena had to find a way to convince Gabrielle that she was the real Xena. But how? 

XENA 
It's really me. Please let me show you.

Xena gently began wiping away the blood from Gabrielle's face. Gabrielle recoiled as Xena touched her, not trusting that this wasn't a trick. After a few moments she relaxed, realizing that the Xena kneeling before her must've been the real thing. Gabrielle could see the kindness and concern in Xena's eyes.

GABRIELLE 
Xena?

Xena gave her a soft smile. Confirming that it really was her. Gabrielle felt bad for ever doubting her.

GABRIELLE 
I'm sorry.

Xena looked at her, wondering what Gabrielle could possibly be apologizing for.

XENA 
For what?

GABRIELLE 
For not trusting you.

Xena smiled as she finished cleaning Gabrielle up, implying that it was okay.

GABRIELLE 
Not just for this, I mean about what happened with the fake me. I know I've been distant since. Even though I know it's wasn't your fault. And that's not fair to you.

XENA 
There's no need for you to apologize. I know it's been hard. It's completely understandable that you'd be weary of me giving the circumstances. That's the smart thing to do right now. 

GABRIELLE 
But if we can't trust each other, what do we do? 

XENA 
Actually I think that might be the only thing we can do right now.

GABRIELLE 
What do you mean?

Xena told Gabrielle about her meeting with the person who sent her the note back at the tavern.

GABRIELLE 
What do you think they're trying to achieve with these copies of us?

XENA 
I'm not sure. But they definitely seem to be trying to drive a wedge between the two of us. 

GABRIELLE 
Any idea why?

XENA 
I'm not sure yet. But I promise you Gabrielle, I will not let that happen.

Xena gently held Gabrielle.

XENA 
Never.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.7

After Gabrielle was convinced that she was with the real Xena, they headed out to try and find a way to stop both the doppelgangers. Along with whoever was behind all this. 

GABRIELLE 
Any idea what we're gonna do?

XENA 
Don't know yet. But whatever happens we have to stay together. If we don't give them the opportunity for one of them to slip in place of one of us while their gone, then they can't do anything.

GABRIELLE 
Okay, sounds simple enough.

XENA 
Let's hope so.

Xena and Gabrielle continued looking for any sort of clues that could help lead them to finding their copies. 

GABRIELLE 
Wouldn't it be quicker to find whoever's behind this?

XENA 
It would be. But if we don't know where to look, we're probably never gonna find them. But we know our fakes are walking around out here. And I'm willing to bet they're not very far. They're most likely watching us, waiting for an opportunity to step in and try something.

GABRIELLE 
So how do we get them to show themselves?

XENA 
We split up.

GABRIELLE 
Wait, but you just said we should stick together. What will splitting up accomplish anyway?

XENA 
Relax, we're not actually gonna separate. We're just going to make them think we are. Then when one of them shows up,

GABRIELLE 
We can interrogate them to find out who's doing this and where to find them.

XENA 
Exactly.

GABRIELLE 
Okay so how do we do this?

XENA 
I'll stay around here out in the open. You go hide nearby and wait for my signal.

GABRIELLE 
Got it.

With that, Gabrielle left Xena seemingly alone and hid nearby. The two of them waited for the fakes to show up. Xena sat on a rock as she pretended to idlely sharpen her sword. Figuring if she looked more relaxed, the fake would be more likely to reveal themselves. Some time passed by. Xena was still sitting there, when she suddenly heard yelling.

GABRIELLE 
Xena!!

XENA 
Gabrielle?

Xena heard Gabrielle's yell coming from where she was hiding. Figuring the copies had found her, Xena raced towards where Gabrielle's voice was coming from. She looked where Gabrielle should've been, but she was gone. Then she heard Gabrielle call for her again. It sounded like she was in trouble. Xena quickly took off running towards the sound of Gabrielle's voice. As she ran, it seemed like Gabrielle was getting further away. Finally up ahead Xena saw her fake had a hold of Gabrielle. She was trying to tie her hands and feet together as Gabrielle tried to fight her off.

XENA 
Hey!

The fake Xena looked at her.

XENA
You keep your hands off her.

Xena grabbed her chakrum and threw it at her fake. The fake Xena quickly got out of the way. Allowing Gabrielle to get away from Xena's doppelganger. She ran to Xena's side.

GABRIELLE 
I don't see the fake me around. Do you?

XENA 
No. But keep an eye out. I doubt she's far. Let's deal with my imposter before yours shows up.

GABRIELLE 
Right. We need to get her to talk, that's what's important here. I just hope she doesn't match you in skill too. Or this is gonna be difficult.

Xena readied her sword.

XENA 
Let's find out.

Xena let out her battle cry as she jumped in and began fighting her doppelganger. Their swords clashed. Xena swiftly kicked her fake back. But the copy quickly hopped back up and smirked.

FAKE XENA 
Is that the best you can do?

XENA 
Not even close.

The fight between the real and fake Xena continued. Xena saw Gabrielle ready to step in, but insisted that she stay out of it.

XENA 
Oh no, she's mine. You just be ready to help when I take this poor excuse for a copy down.

Xena continued to face off against her Imposter. The fake was clearly no match for the actual warrior princess. She kicked the fake hard and sent her flying back. The imposter Xena landed hard on the ground. Xena walked up to her.

XENA 
I feel like I should be insulted if this is the best they could come up with for me.

Xena grabbed her fake and pulled her back to her feet. Xena held on to her making sure she couldn't escape.

XENA 
Alright start talking, who put you up to this.

FAKE XENA 
Now why would I tell you that?

XENA 
You know if you're gonna try impersonating someone, you should really study up on them better.

Xena put her pinch on her fake. 

XENA 
Now start talking.

The Xena imposter struggled. But wouldn't say anything.

XENA 
Come on times gonna run out soon.

Xena saw fear set in for her fake.

FAKE XENA 
I...

GABRIELLE 
Xena, enough. She's clearly not gonna talk.

Xena ignored her as she continued waiting.

FAKE XENA 
I'm...

GABRIELLE 
Xena!

FAKE XENA 
I...

Xena felt Gabrielle grab her arm.

GABRIELLE 
This isn't working. You're gonna kill her. And that's not gonna get us any closer to figuring this out.

Annoyed, Xena finally released the hold. She stood up as her fake gasped.

GABRIELLE 
What should we now? We're clearly not getting anything out of her. 

XENA 
Maybe we can find your fake and see if we have better luck. It worked once already.

GABRIELLE 
Might be worth a shot. Now we just have to find her. 

XENA 
Sience they're working together I doubt she's far.

Gabrielle agreed.

XENA 
Alright let's get going.

GABRIELLE 
What should we do with her?

She motioned to the fake Xena. Who was still trying to recover from Xena's pinch. Xena thought. Then Gabrielle came up with a suggestion.

GABRIELLE 
We could just tie her up until we get the fake me and figure it out then.

XENA 
Works for me.

Gabrielle went over tied the imposter Xena to a tree. 

GABRIELLE 
Okay that should do it.

XENA 
Good let's get going.

Xena and Gabrielle continued on to try to find answers so they could put a stop to whoever was pulling the strings behind everything.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.8

FAKE XENA 
Come on. Almost got it.

The imposter Xena finally felt the rope give.

FAKE XENA 
Ah, there we go.

She got the rope off her and held up a dagger.

FAKE XENA 
(smirking) Such a good partner to leave this for me. 

The imposter Xena got up and walked away. As she looked around the area, she heard a sound. The fake looked over some bushes.

FAKE XENA 
There you are. Are you okay?

The imposter Xena looked down at a tied up and gagged Gabrielle.

GABRIELLE 
Mmmm?

FAKE XENA 
Don't worry It's alright. Here let's get you untied.

The fake Xena untied Gabrielle. Once she was free Gabrielle stood up.

GABRIELLE 
Thanks. My fake got the jump on me.

FAKE XENA 
Now how'd you let a that cheep knock off get the better of you?

GABRIELLE 
Funny. Now how do I know that you're actually Xena?

FAKE XENA 
Why would I have untied you if I wasn't?

GABRIELLE 
I guess you have a point. So what's next? We still don't have any leads on where to find the mastermind of all this.

FAKE XENA 
You're right. This nonsense needs to stop. Come on, we'll find a way to put an end to this. Let's find our fakes.

Gabrielle went with the imposter Xena. Meanwhile Xena was unknowingly traveling with Gabrielle's fake. 

XENA 
Still no signs of them any where.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
Them? But didn't we leave your fake tied up?

XENA 
True, but I'm sure she's either gotten herself out by now. Or your doppelganger has found and freed her.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
Good point. So now what?

XENA 
We keep looking for any clues that can help us figure out who's behind this. But the problem is we don't have any leads. We're gonna have to find your imposter. Maybe we can have better luck with getting her to talk.

Gabrielle's fake shuddered as she thought of what happened last time.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
Yeah.

XENA 
Now to find her.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
I'm sure she'll show up soon or later.

XENA 
You're right. They're probably looking for us too. It's been a while, so stay on guard Gabrielle. There's no telling where there gonna come from. Hopefully this time when we find 'em we can actually get some information out of them.

The two pairs wondered around as they tried to locate one another.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
Xena look, over there.

Xena looked in the direction that the imposter Gabrielle pointed. Off in the distance she saw her fake along with who she thought was the imposter Gabrielle.

XENA 
Good work Gabrielle. Now let's go put an end to this.

Xena walked of towards them. The imposter Gabrielle gave an evil smile as she walked behind her.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
(talking to herself) Yes this will indeed be the end, Xena.

The real Gabrielle was following Xena's fake when she looked over and spotted what she thought was Xena's copy coming towards them. Along with her fake. She pointed them out to the imposter Xena.

GABRIELLE 
There they are. But why are they just coming at us head on?

FAKE XENA 
They must've realized what they were doing wasn't going to work anymore. So they changed their strategy. They want a straight up fight. 

GABRIELLE 
What could that accomplish? Did they give up and just decide to kill us instead?

FAKE XENA 
Not likely. I'm willing to bet they hope we lose track of one another during the fight. That way we won't know who's real and who's not. Then we won't know who's our enemy.

GABRIELLE 
I hate to say it, but it sounds like a good strategy.

FAKE XENA 
It is. But it's not good enough.

The imposter Xena grabbed Gabrielle's pack and began going through it.

GABRIELLE 
What are you doing?! They're getting closer.

FAKE XENA 
Hold on. Just keep watch for a minute.

Gabrielle watched as the other two got closer. She saw who she thought was Xena's copy draw her sword and ready her chakrum.

GABRIELLE 
Xena.

FAKE XENA 
Got it. 

Gabrielle saw the imposter Xena pull out a bottle of ink.

GABRIELLE 
What's that for?

FAKE XENA 
This is how we're gonna identify ourselves to one another. 

The fake Xena opened the bottle and dipped her finger in. Then she drew a good sized X on Gabrielle's arm. She then did the same to herself.

FAKE XENA 
There. Now we'll know who's who.

GABRIELLE 
Oh I see. Whoever doesn't have the X is a fake.

FAKE XENA 
Exactly. Now let's go get these bastards.

With that the fake Xena lead Gabrielle towards the real Xena and Gabrielle's imposter. The show down between the two sides was about to begin. With both Xena and Gabrielle believing that the other was an imposter and the enemy. What would happen when they came face to face on the battlefield?

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.9

The two sides stood across from each other. Xena drew her sword and pointed it towards the other side.

XENA 
I've had enough of this nonsense. It's time to put a stop to this.

Gabrielle readied herself to fight as well.

GABRIELLE 
I actually agree with you about that.

The fake Xena stood behind Gabrielle and quietly spoke so the real Xena couldn't hear.

FAKE XENA 
Remember look for the X. If you don't see it, that's not the real me. So don't hold back. Don't hesitate. Because they won't.

GABRIELLE 
Don't worry I got it.

The fake Xena gave an evil smile that Gabrielle didn't see.

FAKE XENA 
Good.

On the other side of the battlefield, Gabrielle's imposter was reinforcing that both of Xena's opponents were fakes.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
We need to get rid of these imposters already.

Xena stared down her opponents. Still angered by being tricked before.

XENA 
We will.

The fake Gabrielle noticed that Xena's anger was simmering just below the surface.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
(thinking to herself) This is almost too easy. They're really falling for this ruse hook, line and sinker.

Xena glared at her opponents. She clenched her fist.

XENA 
This ends here and now.

She looked at who she thought was Gabrielle, making sure she was ready to go.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
Let's finish this.

Xena looked back ahead and stood ready to fight.

XENA 
Attack!

Xena lead the charge towards her Imposter and who she thought was the fake Gabrielle. Gabrielle's imposter followed close behind. 

FAKE XENA 
Come on, time to end this.

GABRIELLE 
I'm with you Xena.

Xena's fake ran in. With the real Gabrielle by her side, they raced towards the other two. Both sides charged towards each one another. Finally they met face to face. Both Xena's swung and clashed swords. As the real and fake Gabrielle's locked up as well. And so the battle between the actual Xena and Gabrielle and their imposters had begun. But with them unaware that they were both fighting alongside their enemy. And against one another. The sounds of steel hitting steel, yells and battle cries rang through the air as the two sides fought. As the battle waged on Xena's imposter looked at the fake Gabrielle and gave a slight nod. A few moments later the fake Xena backed off. She quickly hurled her chakrum towards the two Gabrielle's. 

XENA 
Gabrielle!

The fake Gabrielle intentionally let her arm get hit. She let out a painful yell as she backed away. The actual Gabrielle saw the opening and went in to finish her. She was poised to strike when Xena jumped in front of her blocking her swing with her sword. Gabrielle looked at Xena's arm and didn't see an X. So as far as she knew that was the fake Xena. Xena gave her an ice cold stare.

XENA 
(cold tone) You.

GABRIELLE 
Is this the best you can do?

XENA 
Oh I can do plenty. You just wait and see.

With that Xena pushed Gabrielle back. With that exchange both the real Xena and Gabrielle unknowingly began facing off. Xena swung her sword. Gabrielle quickly dodged, then unleashed a counter attack. Xena blocked.

GABRIELLE 
(thinking to herself) Damn she's good. She fights just like Xena. They really did their research. But as much as she might look and fight like her, she's no Xena. I know I can take her.

The fight continued on.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) I've been waiting to get my hands on you. I'm gonna make you pay for what you did.

As the two were distracted with fighting each other, they didn't notice the imposter Xena walk over and put out her hand, helping the fake Gabrielle up.

FAKE XENA 
Nice work.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
I thought so. Now we just watch and wait.

FAKE XENA 
Is the master watching?

FAKE GABRIELLE 
You don't think master would miss this do you? Especially when Xena kills Gabrielle and then realizes what she's done. The master wouldn't miss that for the world. She's definitely watching.

FAKE XENA 
Well I hope She's enjoying the show.

The two fakes laughed. Then they continued watching as Xena and Gabrielle fought.

FAKE XENA 
I wonder how long it'll take.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
For what?

FAKE XENA 
For Xena to kill Gabrielle.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.10

The imposter Xena and Gabrielle stood aside watching as both of the real ones fought against each other. With both the actual Xena and Gabrielle believing that the other was a fake, they fought holding nothing back. As the fakes looked on, Ares materialized beside them.

ARES
Nice work. Honestly I'm impressed with how well you both have done.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
It was almost too easy.

FAKE XENA 
I assume you're here to check things for the master.

ARES 
Well your master. But yes I am here to see how things are going on your end.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
Yes. Well as you can see, everything is well in hand.

Ares laughed a little as he looked on at the fight between Xena and Gabrielle.

 ARES
What will you do Xena? When you finally realize that you've been fighting the real Gabrielle? Too bad it'll be too late by then. 

Xena's imposter looked at Ares.

FAKE XENA 
Remember the deal Ares. You help the master destroy Xena and we help stoke war and build your army.

ARES
You say that like I would be trying to stop this.

FAKE XENA 
Because you might.

ARES 
Now why would I want to do that?

FAKE XENA 
Oh please Ares. We're very aware of your affection towards Xena. She seems to have some hold over you.

Ares looked angerly at Xena's fake.

ARES
(Angery tone) You watch your tongue and remember who you're talking to. I am the God Of War. No one holds anything over me.

The fake Xena looked back towards the fight.

FAKE XENA 
Yes of course Ares.

ARES 
Now if you'll excuse me your master is expecting me. Remember we'll both be watching.

Ares vanished.

FAKE GABRIELLE 
You think we can trust him not to interfere?

FAKE XENA 
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The fake Xena and Gabrielle continued to watch the real Gabrielle and Xena fight. Xena swung her sword. Gabrielle blocked as she quickly got back out of Xena's reach. She tried getting behind her, but Xena quickly swung. Forcing Gabrielle to quickly duck out of the way. Thinking fast she grabbed tightly to Xena's sword arm, trying to keep her from attacking.

GABRIELLE 
Now what do you plan on doing?

XENA 
This.

Before Gabrielle could do anything, she felt Xena's chakrum blade against her throat. The battle paused as the two stood silently for a moment. Gabrielle didn't move she tried to think of a way out of her predicament. Xena steadied her hand, not wanting to kill who she thought was the fake Gabrielle just yet. At least not until she got some answers on where to find who was pulling the strings behind everything. Realizing she lost, Gabrielle released Xena's arm.

XENA 
Good, now if you value your life drop your weapons.

Gabrielle obeyed and let her sais fall to the ground. As the adrenaline from the fight began to fade, Xena noticed that the other Xena and who she thought was the real Gabrielle had disappeared. While keeping her sword in place, Xena scanned the battlefield for either of them. She called for Gabrielle.

XENA 
Gabrielle?

Gabrielle scoffed as she heard her.

GABRIELLE 
You could at least not insult me by calling her that while I'm right here. It's not like you're fooling anyone.

Xena looked back at her and pushed the blade closer as she scowled.

XENA 
Quiet.You lost. Why don't you just drop the act.

GABRIELLE 
My thoughts exactly.

Gabrielle tried looking for who she thought was actually Xena, but didn't see any sign of her. 

GABRIELLE 
Xena!

XENA 
Well now who's being insulting.

GABRIELLE 
Nice try. I know you're not Xena 

She held up her arm with the X on it that the fake Xena had drawn Gabrielle and herself. 

GABRIELLE 
I know who the real Xena is. And you could never be her. So just stop trying.

Xena looked at the mark on Gabrielle's arm. Then she thought of something.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) All this time our imposters seemed to be able to tell who everyone apart. Why would they need to start using indicators now?

Xena looked down at Gabrielle, looking into her eyes. She lowered her sword and let go of Gabrielle.

XENA 
Gabrielle? Is it really you?

Gabrielle turned to face Xena. Hearing the sincerity in her voice.

GABRIELLE 
Xena?

Xena softly smiled. In that moment both Gabrielle and Xena realized that they had fallen right into the trap that had been set for them.

GABRIELLE 
Xena I don't know what to say.

Xena put her hands on Gabrielle's shoulders.

XENA 
I know. We both fell for this. 

GABRIELLE 
How could we not know each other enough by now to see through a couple of disguises? I'm sorry Xena. I should've known.

XENA 
Clearly that was the whole plan was to get us so mistrusting of each other, that we wouldn't be able to notice that instead of standing side by side, we were fighting against each other.

GABRIELLE 
But why. Who's behind all this? I get that we have plenty of enemies, but this seems like alot of work. Even for any one of them.

ARES
Now who said it was just one?

Xena and Gabrielle looked over to see Ares and both of their look a likes.

XENA 
Ares. I was wondering when you would show back up.

ARES 
So you finally figured out who's real and who's not. I have to admit, you never cease to amaze me Xena. You truly are incredible.

XENA 
Spare me your compliments. Your clearly here for a reason.

ARES 
Oh I was just enjoying the show the two of you were putting on.

GABRIELLE 
Who are you working with?

ARES 
Oh don't worry, you'll see. They should be here any minute now. So if I were you, I wouldn't let my guard down just yet.

XENA 
And why's that? If they're so invested in seeing my downfall, why haven't they shown their face?

Xena yelled into the air.

XENA 
Come on you coward, show yourself!

?
Now there's no need to yell Xena. I'm right here.

Xena turned towards the voice.

XENA 
(Cold tone) You... So you're the mastermind behind everything.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.11

Xena and Gabrielle stood side by side before Ares and the one who had set everything into motion.

XENA
Callisto. Shouldn't you be dead.

Callisto gave an evil smile. 

CALLISTO
Oh Xena I missed tormenting you so much, I just couldn't stay away.

XENA
I wasn't aware that Hell was just letting people come and go as they please.

CALLISTO
Yes well you just seem to have enemies all over Xena, including there. So...

XENA
I take it you're the one who's been behind all these tricks.

CALLISTO
You like? Of course as much as I'd like to say this was all me, I did have help. I mean I can't just make people look however I want. But the plan as a whole, now that was my idea.

XENA
Let me guess you figure that the best way to hurt me is through Gabrielle.

CALLISTO
Always so smart Xena. I figured that you would get that part.

GABRIELLE
Well you're plan failed. 

CALLISTO
Did it? 

GABRIELLE
Both of us know who the other is. You might've succeeded in confusing us for a while, but that won't work anymore.

CALLISTO
You think so? Because you seem to be missing some rather important information.

XENA
And just what would that be?

CALLISTO
Oh nothing, just some new powers that were given to me by the ruler of Hell to accomplish this little mission of mine.

XENA
Is that so. Then I guess I'll just have to send you back to Hell with a message.

CALLISTO
(Sarcasm) Oh, do tell Xena.

Xena pointed her sword at callisto.

XENA
Anyone who tries to come between me and Gabrielle will pay. 

GABRIELLE
We have a bond that can't be broken. So if I were you, I'd just give up now.

Callisto let out an evil laugh.

CALLISTO
Ah yes that special little bond the two of you share. You seem quite confident that nothing will ever sever that. We'll see about that. By the time I'm done here I will have cut those ties that bind you together. And you Xena will be left with nothing but pain and misery.

XENA
I've heard enough of this, time to send you back to where you came from.

Xena quickly hurled her chakrum at Callisto. Callisto just stood there as it flew towards her. Just as Xena's chakrum was about to hit, it suddenly stopped. It just hung there in midair, barely inches from Callisto's face. 

XENA
What?

Callisto smiled as she put up one finger and lightly tapped the chakrum. Quickly it launched back at Xena, who quickly ducked out of the way. Both Xena and Gabrielle looked at Callisto.

CALLISTO
You like? That was just a little sample of my new power. I think before I get to the main event, I'll give you a little show of what I can do. I mean what would be the point of having all this power if I don't torture you with it?

Xena glared at Callisto.

GABRIELLE
Why can't we ever seem to completely get rid of her?

XENA
I'm tired of this too. Let's hurry up and get this over with.

GABRIELLE
Right, I'm with you Xena.

Callisto idlely stood across from Xena and Gabrielle. She looked over at the imposters.

CALLISTO
Well it looks like you two are useless now.

She raised her open hand towards the fake Xena and Gabrielle.

FAKE XENA
Wait a minute! We did everything you said, you can't do this!

CALLISTO
Oh can't I?

Callisto closed her hand. As soon as she did the imposter Xena cried out in pain as she grabbed at her chest. She slowly sank to her knees.

FAKE XENA
P-please master.

CALLISTO
I'm not gonna lie, seeing that face call me master was interesting. But at the same time the amount of times I had to stop myself from killing you, I never thought I had so much self control.

The fake Gabrielle crouched down next to Xena's fake who was still in a great deal of pain.

FAKE GABRIELLE
Enough already! You have to do this. 

CALLISTO
You're right I don't have to do this... I want to.

Callisto turned her wrist. When she did the fake Xena let out a scream. Then she fell forward and layed on the ground motionless. The imposter Gabrielle quickly checked for a pulse. But soon realized that she was dead. Callisto had killed her.

FAKE GABRIELLE
No, why? We helped you and this is how you repay us.</p>

CALLISTO
Aww did you two actually care about each other? Well I guess all that time you spent learning to mimic the real thing would probably do that wouldn't it? Oh well.

FAKE GABRIELLE
You're a monster.

XENA
You clearly had no idea who you were working for.

GABRIELLE
Callisto's heartless. She doesn't care who she hurts as long as she gets what she wants.

CALLISTO
Oh you two know me so well. I'd say it's like we're old friends, but then I would have to cut out my own tongue for saying something that disgusting.

Gabrielle leaned closer to Xena.

GABRIELLE
Is it just me, or does Callisto seem even crazier then before.

XENA
Apparently being in hell didn't do anything for her mental stability and hatred towards me.

GABRIELLE
Any ideas for how we're gonna deal with her?

XENA
I'm working on it.

CALLISTO
Unfortunately for you there's nothing you can do. 

Xena and Gabrielle were startled by Callisto suddenly appearing right behind them. Xena swung her sword at her. But Callisto stopped it with her bare hand. Xena yanked her sword away as she and Gabrielle backed away a little.

CALLISTO
Before we continue here, I should probably get rid of that other one.

The fake Gabrielle heard her and quickly got up and tried to run away.

FAKE GABRIELLE
This psycho's gonna kill me too if I don't get out of he... Ugh...

CALLISTO
Too late.

The imposter Gabrielle looked down, seeing Callisto's sword sticking out of her stomach. Callisto pulled out the sword and let Gabrielle's imposter drop to the ground.

CALLISTO
That takes care of that.

After killing both of the fakes, Callisto turned her attention to the real Xena and Gabrielle.

GABRIELLE
With her new power, taking Callisto down isn't gonna be easy.

XENA
You're right, we're gonna have a real fight on our hands.

Callisto smiled

CALLISTO
You have no idea just how right you are Xena.

Suddenly Callisto's eyes began to glow red. Then Gabrielle felt a splitting pain in her head.

GABRIELLE
GAH!

Gabrielle grabbed her head.

XENA
Gabrielle! What are you doing to her?!

CALLISTO
If you're worried I'm doing what I did to my little helpers, don't worry. I'm not gonna kill her.

Xena suddenly felt an excruciating pain in her head as well. She dropped to her knees as she yelled out in agony. The pain was so severe that Xena felt herself on the verge of passing out. Her eyes closed. Then moments later the pain stopped. She couldn't hear Gabrielle yelling anymore. Xena thought the pain must've stopped for her too. Xena opened her eyes. She was looking down at the ground, on her hands and knees. Everything was eerily quiet. Xena looked up, but didn't see anyone. Callisto, Gabrielle, Ares, they were all gone.

XENA
(thinking to herself) What is this?

Xena stood up.

XENA
Gabrielle!

Xena's voice echoed around her. But that was the only sound she heard. She appeared to be in the same place that she had just been in. But no one else seemed to be there. Even the bodies of Xena and Gabrielle's imposters were gone. Xena angerly clenched her sword tight.

XENA
Callisto!!!

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.12

Xena stood alone, unsure of where everyone had gone. 

XENA 
Gabrielle?!

Xena didn't hear anything back. She didn't see anyone around her.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) What did Callisto do? I need to find Gabrielle and find out what's going on now.

Xena walked around looking for Gabrielle. She called out for her again. Again she heard nothing. As she searched the Gabrielle, suddenly Xena heard someone whisper.

?
(Whisper) Xena...

XENA 
Gabrielle?

Xena looked around for the source of the voice. Then Xena heard Callisto laugh. She readied her sword.

XENA 
Alright Callisto show yourself.

CALLISTO 
What's the matter Xena can't find me? Hmm I wonder where Gabrielle could be too?

XENA 
What did you do? Where am I? Where's Gabrielle?

Xena only heard Callisto laugh in response. 

XENA 
I'm well passed being sick of these tricks. Callisto, when I find you...

CALLISTO 
What are you gonna do Xena, kill me? I'm already dead. You've already done everything you could to me. 

XENA 
I wouldn't count on that. 

CALLISTO 
(Sarcasm) Ooo I'm so scared. 

Callisto took a more serious tone for a moment. 

CALLISTO 
You made my life miserable Xena. You made me suffer. Then when I found a slight bit of joy after seeing Gabrielle fall into that pit with Hope those years ago, like the cold hearted monster you are, you killed me. But now it's my turn to make you suffer Xena. Well more than I already have.

XENA 
Aren't you tired of all this?

CALLISTO 
Hmmm let me think. No.

Callisto laughed again.

XENA 
I don't have time for this. I need to find Gabrielle. Gabrielle!

GABRIELLE 
Xena!

Xena heard Gabrielle's voice in the distance. She ran towards her voice. As Xena ran she saw Callisto ahead of her. She ran faster towards her and let out an angery yell as she readied her sword to attack. 

XENA 
Aaa!

Meanwhile during this time Gabrielle had been trying to find Xena.

GABRIELLE 
(Talking to herself) Where am I? I don't see any sign of Xena, Callisto or Ares anywhere. That damn Callisto. Are we ever gonna be rid of her for good?

ARES
Yeah she can be, a bit much.

A little startled, Gabrielle turned to see Ares standing there behind her.

GABRIELLE 
And yet you working with her.

Ares shrugged.

GABRIELLE 
Okay Ares where are we? What did Callisto do with Xena?

ARES 
Oh I'm sure she's around here somewhere.

GABRIELLE 
You're doing it again.

ARES 
Doing what?

GABRIELLE 
You're being intentionally vague. What's Callisto up to?

ARES 
Sorry can't say.

GABRIELLE 
Why are the two of you even working together? That doesn't really fit you Ares.

ARES 
Oh I have my reasons.

Ares began walking away.

GABRIELLE 
If you think by getting rid of me, that Xena will just run to you. You're somehow even crazier then Callisto.

Ares just looked back at Gabrielle and smirked. Then he vanished.

GABRIELLE 
(Talking to herself) What is it with both of their obsessions with Xena? 

Gabrielle sighed.

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) I should really find her. 

She looked around, seeing not seeing anyone. Though everything looked normal, Gabrielle had a feeling that she wasn't in the regular world. Things just felt off. Callisto must've sent her somewhere or did something using her new powers.

GABRIELLE 
 (Talking to herself) We need to figure out how to get out of here. Wherever here is exactly. But first things first, I have to find Xena.

As Gabrielle was trying to think of how to find Xena she heard a yell. Recognizing the voice Gabrielle grabbed her sais, preparing for a fight. She quickly turned to see Callisto running at her.

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) Why's Callisto coming after me? Her focus is usually all on Xena.

As she saw Callisto swinging her sword, Gabrielle quickly blocked. She pushed Callisto away as she backed up.

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) Then again if she kills me, I guess she figures that will hurt Xena. She must want to make Xena suffer before she kills her. She still thinks I'm some easy target she can just use to get to Xena. Okay Callisto, I'll show you exactly what this "easy target" can do.

Gabrielle charged in at Callisto. As both of them swung, their steel clashed. They locked up. Leaving the two in a power struggle.

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) Damn, she's physically stronger than I remember. I guess besides her new powers,, Callisto must've gotten a pure strength boost too. This is gonna be even harder than I thought.

 Meanwhile Xena was also seemingly somehow caught in a battle against Callisto. She fought with a relentless aggression. Just wanting to be rid of Callisto once and for all. With their swords crossed, Xena attempted to overpower her.

CALLISTO 
This ends here.

XENA 
You're right, it does.

Xena pushed her back. Then not giving her the chance to recover her footing and counter attack, Xena quickly ran in and thrust her sword forward. Driving it right through Callisto.

CALLISTO 
Ugh....

They both stood quietly for a moment as Xena felt Callisto's head slump onto her shoulder. Xena stared straight ahead not looking at her.

XENA 
It's over Callisto. It's finally over.

Xena breath a small sigh of relief. However that relief was very short lived, when Xena heard Callisto's voice and maniacal laughter echoing through the air.

CALLISTO 
Oh Xena, did you really think you'd get rid of me so easily? I feel like I should be insulted. I thought you knew me better than that. I told you I wanted you to suffer. And you played right into my plan perfectly. Or rather should I say the both of you did.

Callisto laughed again as Xena saw everything around her returning to normal. Then she watched as Callisto slowly walked into view and give her an evil smile. Before she had time to question what was happening, Xena's eyes went wide when she heard a weak voice whisper in her ear.

GABRIELLE 
Xe-na...

Xena felt like time had stopped as she pulled back slightly seeing Gabrielle in her arms with Xena's own sword buried in her.

XENA 
No, Gabrielle.

Callisto's laughter echo through the air as Xena held Gabrielle, trying to stop the bleeding.

CALLISTO 
It took more work then I thought it would, but in the end I guess it still worked. I love it when a plan comes together. So tell me Xena, where's that bond between the two of you now?

Xena ignored Callisto's gloating as she looked around trying to find something that could help.

XENA 
Gabrielle hold on.

Gabrielle tried to speak but couldn't. Xena leaned her forehead against Gabrielle's.

XENA 
Shhh. It's gonna be alright. Just try to relax.

Xena gently layed Gabrielle down. Callisto strolled closer to Xena, but still keeping some distance. She wanted to see Xena's pain up close.

CALLISTO 
Hmm I wonder what you'll do as you watch the person you love so much die right in front of you. 

XENA 
(Cold tone) Callisto, if she dies.

CALLISTO 
Again what are you gonna do? You can't do anything to me Xena remember. I'm already dead.

Xena glared at Callisto.

XENA 
(Cold tone) I swear I'll show you that there actually are some fates far worse than death.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.13

Xena held Gabrielle as she tried to stop the bleeding from Gabrielle's wound. Callisto stood over them watching as Xena tried to save Gabrielle. She smiled.

CALLISTO 
Ah, the look on your face right now. I honestly never thought I could feel this level of happiness. I almost forgot what it felt like.

Xena remained silent as she focused her attention on Gabrielle.

CALLISTO 
Aww, what's wrong Xena? Nothing to say?

Xena glared at her for a moment, then returned her attention to the task at hand. She looked around for something that could help. Xena took Gabrielle's hand and put it over her wound.

XENA 
Gabrielle, keep pressure on that until I find something that I can use it bandage you up.

Gabrielle nodded as Xena gently brushed her cheek.

XENA 
You're gonna be okay.

Gabrielle nodded slowly. Xena stood up and looked around.

XENA 
I need to do something to stop the bleeding. But it's not like Callisto is just going to let us walk out of here.

CALLISTO 
Your right, I'm not.

Xena turned to see Callisto right next to her. Xena angerly swung her sword at callisto, who caught it with her bare hand. She looked at it and smirked.

CALLISTO 
Now what do you plan on doing with this? You know it won't work.

Xena tried to pull her sword away, but couldn't. Then Callisto ripped the sword from Xena's hand and casually tossed it over her shoulder.

CALLISTO 
Well that's gone. Now what Xena?

Xena tried to come up with a plan. As she was thinking, she heard Gabrielle began to gasp for breath and cough up blood. Xena quickly looked at her.

XENA 
Gabrielle?!

It didn't take long for Xena to figure out what was wrong.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) I must've hit her lung. Damn it.

Xena knew she had to act quick or Gabrielle would pretty much drown from her own blood.

CALLISTO 
(Sarcasm) Wow things just keep going from bad to worse for you don't they?

Callisto sat down near Xena and Gabrielle and watched the scene before her. Xena knew she had to act fast to save Gabrielle. She needed something sharp to try and drain the blood from Gabrielle's lung. She looked over seeing her sword and chakrum a little ways off. She glanced back at Callisto.

CALLISTO 
Oh don't worry, I'm not gonna do anything to her. There's no need. You've already done all the work for me. I'm just here to watch things play out. So go on, try to save your little Gabrielle. Watching you struggle in vein should be fun.

Xena quickly got up and retrieved her weapons. As she did Ares, who had been watching everything from a distance approached her.

ARES 
You know all this could have been avoided if you had just listened to me and accepted my help.

XENA 
Screw you Ares. You've been a part of this from the very beginning. You're help always comes at a price. And that price is something I'm not willing to pay.

ARES
Really? Not even for Gabrielle?

XENA 
No, it's because of Gabrielle that I would never do that.

Xena turned around, went back to Gabrielle and got to work.

ARES 
You know I'll never understand the hold she has over you Xena. She ruined you. Before she came along you were amazing. More than you are now. You were ruthless. You never let anyone or anything stand in your way. The old Xena would've just gotten rid of the dead weight a long time ago. Now look at you. Instead of fighting back, you're trying to save someone who's held you back so many times from being the true warrior and fighter that you are. So why don't you j....

XENA 
(Cold tone) Why don't you just shut up Ares. As far as I'm concerned you're just as bad as Callisto.

ARES 
Hey I resent that. I'm...

XENA 
I said shut up!

Xena stared down Ares for a moment.

XENA 
And you're wrong. Gabrielle saved me. The person I was before.., I did so many awful things. Things I regret every day. At one point it all became too much to bare. I just wanted to give up on everything. But then I found Gabrielle. She changed my life in so many ways. She has a belief in me that I could never understand. She sees the good in me. And brings out that part of me. She saw all of that before even I did. And believed that I could do better. That belief is what kept me going and put me on the right path in life..And that is why no matter what you or anyone tries to say or do, nothing will ever come between us. I won't let it.

Xena looked over, glaring at Callisto.

XENA 
No one can break our ties to one another. 
(Cold tone) And anyone who dares to try, will pay.

Xena continued working on Gabrielle's wound. After a bit she got Gabrielle stabilized for the moment.  

XENA 
This is the best I can do for now. Just hang in there while I deal with this, then we'll get you out of here.

Gabrielle nodded slightly. She grabbed Xena's hand and gave it a little squeeze. Encouraging Xena that she'd be okay. Xena gave a small smile as she kissed Gabrielle's hand. 

XENA 
Everything's gonna be fine.

CALLISTO 
Oh enough of this mushy garbage. 

Xena looked at Callisto, with a burning anger and hatred in her eyes.

CALLISTO 
Don't worry Xena, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think she'll be in pain too much longer. If you catch my drift.

Gabrielle forced herself to speak.

GABRIELLE 
Don't...worry about me...Xena.

Xena looked down at Gabrielle.

XENA 
Gabrielle, shhh. Talking right now isn't going to help your injury.

GABRIELLE 
I'll....be okay. Just go and.... stop....Callisto.

XENA 
I will.

GABRIELLE 
What....ever happens, don't.... let Callisto break you. 

XENA 
Of course. I'll be fine.

GABRIELLE 
I... love you.... Xena.

Xena gave Gabrielle a little smile.

CALLISTO 
Well I can't take that much more of this.

Using her powers Callisto picked up Xena's chakrum, making it float in midair. Xena looked at weapon as it began to spin in place.       

CALLISTO 
Huh I guess Ares was right. It's a little sad how pathetic you've gotten. But oh well I guess it doesn't really matter now. You'll be completely broken soon enough anyway.

GABRIELLE 
You'll never...get Xena...to break. It doesn't matter what you do.

Callisto looked at Gabrielle and scowled.

 CALLISTO      
Oh would you just hurry up and die already.

In that moment Callisto launched Xena's chakrum straight at Gabrielle. With her sword out of reach and nothing else around that could deflect the incoming attack. She didn't have time to get Gabrielle out of the way. There was only one thing that Xena could think to do. Gabrielle instinctively closed her eyes as the chakrum was about to hit. A few seconds later Gabrielle realized that she hadn't gotten hit. 

GABRIELLE 
(thinking to herself) Did Xena some how deflect or stop the chakrum? Or did it actually hit and I'm already dead? No that's not it I'm definitely still alive. So that means Xena did it.

Gabrielle began to opened her eyes.

GABRIELLE 
Xena... how... did you....

Gabrielle stopped talking when she saw Xena standing right in front of her.

XENA 
Looks like I managed to stop it just in time.

GABRIELLE 
But...how....

Before Gabrielle could finish Xena dropped to her hands and knees. When she did, Gabrielle saw the chakrum sticking out of Xena's back.

GABRIELLE 
No... Xena.

Callisto looked on.

CALLISTO 
Well I suppose just killing you works too. Though it's not quite as satisfying as making you emotionally suffer. Oh well. I guess you can watch as finish off Gabrielle before you die.

Callisto picked up her sword and walked over to Gabrielle. Xena struggled to move, clawing at the ground as she tried dragging herself towards Gabrielle. Callisto raised her sword ready to kill Gabrielle. She looked at Xena, giving her an evil smile.

CALLISTO 
And now it's time to say goodbye.

XENA 
Gabrielle. No.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.14

Callisto stood above Gabrielle, ready to force Xena to watch as she killed Gabrielle right in front of her. Due to her injury Gabrielle couldn't defend herself or even really move. Callisto seemed to be savoring the,moment. She smiled at Xena, who dispite having her chakrum embedded in her back from stopping it from hitting Gabrielle. She was franticly trying to drag herself over to Gabrielle. Callisto watched as Xena covered Gabrielle, trying to shield her with her own body.

GABRIELLE 
Xe-na.

XENA 
Shhh, I'm here.

Xena winsed in pain. Neither Gabrielle or Xena knew how they were going to get out of this. Callisto was far too powerful and they were both too injured to stop her. Xena smiled at Gabrielle.

XENA 
It looks like this might be it for us huh. Even after everything we've been through, I'm glad you were by my side for all of it.

GABRIELLE 
I... never want... to be anywhere... else.

CALLISTO 
Oh enough. I swear the two of you make me sick. Especially you!

Callisto ripped the Chakrum from Xena's back. Xena yelled in pain as she felt the weapon being torn from her flesh. Then she kicked Xena in the ribs, sending her a liitle ways off. Then Callisto looked at Gabrielle and Xena's chakrum in her hand. Xena began to crawl back over. Thoughts of her and Gabrielle in her mind.

XENA 
(thinking to herself) I can't let it end like this.

CALLISTO 
I couldn't get Xena to kill you herself, so I guess killing you with her own weapon while she watches instead could work too. I think doing it with my own two hands will be more fun.

Callisto went move in for the kill, when she felt something. She looked down at her feet, seeing Xena grabbing her ankle as she tried to get up.

CALLISTO 
You really don't know when to quit do you?

XENA 
No. 

Using her free foot, Callisto stomped on Xena. But Xena didn't let go.

CALLISTO 
Get off me.

She stomped on Xena again. And again Xena held tight. Xena looked up at her with a firey determination in her eyes.

XENA 
Make me.

Callisto scowled. Irritated by Xena's continued defiance dispite being out matched.

CALLISTO 
You know I'm surprised, I really didn't think I could hate you any more than I already did. 

XENA 
(Sarcasm) Guess I'm just full of surprises.

Xena swiftly yanked Callisto's foot from under her. Callisto fell to the ground. As soon as she did, Xena fought to get her chakrum from Callisto's grasp. Callisto tried, but couldn't seem to get Xena off. She looked over at Ares, who seemed to be enjoying himself watching the scuffle.

CALLISTO 
Feel free to step in anytime.

ARES
Even with all that power you've been given, you really can't fight off an injured Xena?

CALLISTO 
I don't get it either. 

After struggling for a bit, Callisto finally managed to get Xena off of her and got up.

XENA 
You'd be surprised by what people people can do when it comes to protecting what matters most to them.

 Xena slowly rose up to her feet.

XENA 
I'm going to show you that when it comes to Gabrielle, i'm far stronger because of her. And you made a big mistake thinking otherwise.

ARES 
Now this I gotta see.

Xena momentarily glanced over at Ares.

XENA 
I'll deal with you later. But first...

Xena's focus returned to Callisto.

XENA 
This madness needs to end.

Callisto laughed.

CALLISTO 
(Sarcasm) Oh is this the part where against all odds the great hero Xena, rises back up and takes down her adversary? What is this one of Gabrielle's little stories? Give me a break.

Xena smirked a little.

XENA 
Well she dose write non-fiction. So I suppose it could be.

Callisto watched as Xena slowly walked over and picked up her sword. Figuring it didn't make any difference if Xena was armed or not. With her powers and Xena's current condition, she'd be able to finish Xena at any time she wished. So why not have a little more fun before then. Besides Gabrielle was still alive. And Callisto still intended on making Xena watch as she killed her.

CALLISTO 
Fine then. I'll just have to make sure you can't move before I give you a front row seat for Gabrielle's death. Shouldn't be too hard.

Xena glared at her as she readied her sword.

XENA 
Then come and try.

Callisto gave an evil smile.

CALLISTO 
Oh I'm gonna do far more than try, Xena.

Xena felt the earth below her begin to shake. Callisto's eyes began to glow again as a red aura manifested around her. She hovered slightly off the ground. She radiated nothing but pure evil. So much so that it even sent a chill down Ares' spine.

ARES
Well this has been fun, but I think I should really be going now. 

XENA 
What's wrong Ares, don't wanna stay for the show down? I thought you liked to watch me fight.

ARES 
I'm sure I'll get the details later, if you survive. Now if you'll excuse me.

Ares disappeared. Leaving Xena and Gabrielle alone with a full powered Callisto.

XENA 
(talking to herself) Ha, some God of War. Coward.

Xena looked at Callisto. Callisto laughed as she relished in finally revealing all of the power that had been given to her. This was the first time she had unleashed it. And it felt amazing. Both Xena and Gabrielle looked on as Callisto refocused on them once again. 

GABRIELLE 
Gods..., what is... she?

XENA 
A monster.

They heard Callisto's voice become distorted and demonic. 

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
Yes, that's exactly what you made me. And now you will be destroyed by the very thing that you created. Time to say goodbye Xena.

Callisto laughed as she aimed her hand at Xena. Xena could barely stand, she knew that whatever Callisto was about to throw at her, she wouldn't be able to dodge. She glanced back at Gabrielle. Knowing that even if she did Callisto's attack would hit Gabrielle. So Xena had no choice but to make her stand right there. Whatever Xena choose to do in the next few moments, would seal both her's and Gabrielle's fates.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Pt.15

Xena stood in front of Gabrielle before the now full powered demonic Callisto. Xena could barely able to stand at this point. Gabrielle layed on the ground behind her. She tried but couldn't think of anything to stop Callisto. Not this time.

GABRIELLE 
Xena... you... have to... move.

XENA 
No. If I'm dying here anyway. I'm gonna do it with you.

GABRIELLE 
But, Xena...

XENA 
Gabrielle, you should know by now that you are my life. Without you I wouldn't be here anyway. So if our lives are to end today, at least it's in one another's arms.

Xena held Gabrielle close as Callisto readied her attack. Callisto began to form a ball of fire. Little by little it began to grow. Xena turned away and looked at Gabrielle. Wanting the last thing she saw to be the what mattered most to her. Gabrielle looked at Xena, Wanting the same.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
So long, Xena.

Xena smiled at Gabrielle as she held her tight.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
Now DIE!!

Xena and Gabrielle closed their eyes, as they braced themselves. They heard Callisto scream like she did when she attacked. Xena and Gabrielle sat waiting for the impact of Callisto's attack. But they didn't feel anything. Then they heard Callisto scream again. But it this time it sounded more like a scream of pain. Xena and Gabrielle opened their eyes and looked over at Callisto. She was holding herself with a painful expression on her face.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
Gah!

Gabrielle looked at Xena.

GABRIELLE 
What's... happening... to her?

XENA 
I don't know.

They continued to watch Callisto. Not knowing what was happening.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
Aaaa!

She took a moment and refocused on killing Xena and Gabrielle.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
I'm so close now. Xena's finally done.

Callisto began to ready her attack again. Then she stopped again as she yelled out in pain once more. She dropped back to the ground that she had been hovering above. Xena and Gabrielle saw the red aura that enveloped Callisto begin to grow as Callisto screamed. Xena realized what must've been happening.

XENA 
That must be it.

Gabrielle looked at Xena.

GABRIELLE 
what?

XENA 
In Callisto's rage and desire to kill me, she must've pushed herself too far. And now she can't control all her power. Her body simply can't handle it.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
Shut up. You don't know anything. AAAAA!!

Callisto tried to attack Xena, but couldn't. Her powers had become too unstable. Her whole body became wracked with pain. She looked at her hands seeing cracks beginning to form in her skin. Bright red light peered through the cracks.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
No, this wasn't supposed to happen. I won. I finally have Xena where I want her.

ARES
Looks like someone doesn't listen to instructions very well.

Callisto looked at Ares who had shown back up.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
What are you talking about?

ARES 
If I recall you were told not to push your power to its limits. This is why.

XENA 
I was right.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
Don't just stand there, do something. Help me!

ARES
No.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
What?! We had a deal.

ARES
Sorry but anyone who's weak enough to think they need my help, doesn't deserve it.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
What, that's so stupid. You're a God. People pray to you for help all the time.

ARES
I only help those who can help themselves. And you, clearly can't.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
Ares we had a deal!

ARES 
You're right we "had" a deal and now we don't.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
Damn it! I trusted you.

Xena slowly stood up. 

XENA 
You actually trusted Ares? Well that was a huge mistake.

ARES
Ouch.

Xena looked at Ares.
XENA 
What are you doing back here anyway?

Ares shrugged.
ARES
I wanted to see how this was gonna end.

XENA 
(Sarcasm) Right I'm sure.

Xena picked up her chakrum and sword.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
Gah. Shut up! 

XENA 
Or what? You're at your limit Callisto. It's over, you've lost. You'll be right back in hell soon enough.

Callisto knew Xena was right. It was over for her. The fear on her face turned to a smile. She looked at Xena.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
You think you know everything don't you Xena? You just assume that because my times almost up, that you won.

The demonic Callisto began to laugh.

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
Oh you see Xena I refuse to let you win this time. I mean sure I might not technically win either. But that's good enough.

Xena saw more red light radiate from Callisto's body.

XENA 
What are you doing?

DEMONIC CALLISTO 
If I'm going back to Hell, I'm taking you with me Xena. And this time there's no stopping it. Get ready to die Xena.

Xena quickly got back to Gabrielle. She reached Gabrielle, pulling her close just as it happened. The demonic Callisto let out a shrill scream as she detonated. Engulfing the whole area in a huge firey explosion. Destroying everything. Afterwards the only thing left around was smoldering ash and chared rubble. There was nothing and no one left alive.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Finale

The earth was still burning from the massive explosion set off by the self destructing Callisto. After losing control of her powers and realizing that she had failed in her attempt to destroy Xena, she had blown herself up. Deciding that if she was doomed anyway, taking Xena out with her was the next best thing. Now the whole landscape was nothing but burning ash. No signs of life could be seen in the area. A little ways off up on a cliff, Ares stood looking down at the wreckage.

ARES 
Well that could've ended badly. Good thing I'm immortal. But boy that is one crazy chick.

XENA 
(Sarcasm) I'm glad you can be so casual about death.

ARES
Now is that anyway to talk to someone who just saved your life?

Xena looked down at Gabrielle, who she was still holding in her arms. They both smiled at one another, then Xena looked back at Ares.

XENA 
Thank you.

ARES 
Now that's more like it.

They all stayed quiet for a few moments as they looked out at the destruction left by Callisto. 

GABRIELLE 
You think.... she's gone.... for good this time?

XENA 
I really hope so.

Xena looked down at Gabrielle.

XENA 
Come on we have to get you some medical attention.

Xena slowly stood up. She tried to pick Gabrielle up, but Xena was too injured and could barely stand herself, let alone carry Gabrielle. Ares sighed. Then he put his hands on Xena and Gabrielle and teleported them to just outside a nearby city.

ARES 
There. Now get going.

Once Xena realized what Ares had done, she looked at him. Thanking him again. Xena got Gabrielle and started slowly making their way into town. Then she thought of something and turned back towards Ares.

XENA 
You know what you did doesn't change anything. If you only saved us because you wanted me in your debt to force me to join and fight for you, I won't do it.

ARES
Yeah I figured that.

XENA 
Then why did you save us?

Ares shrugged.

ARES 
Hey can't blame a guy for trying. Until next time, Xena.

And with those final words, Ares disappeared. Xena and Gabrielle sat there for a few moments as they proceeded what had just happened.

GABRIELLE 
Was Ares... just.. the hero here?

XENA 
Huh.

Xena got up and while helping Gabrielle, began slowly making their way into town.

GABRIELLE 
You know I... don't get.... him at all.

XENA 
Yeah me neither. God's, go figure.

A couple of weeks past by. Xena and Gabrielle were fully recovered from their injuries and back to their usual routine. It was an average day as they took a break from traveling for a bit. Gabrielle sat down next to Xena and looked out at the calm scenery.

GABRIELLE 
It's nice isn't it?

XENA 
What is?

GABRIELLE 
The scenery. The calm.

XENA 
I guess.

Gabrielle was quite for a bit. Xena looked at her, seeing that she seemed to have something on her mind.

XENA 
Something wrong Gabrielle?

GABRIELLE 
Oh it's nothing, I was just thinking about something.

XENA 
What is it?

GABRIELLE 
I don't know, after everything that's happened it seems silly to think about that now.

XENA 
Gabrielle.

Gabrielle sighed a little, as she somewhat reluctantly agreed to tell Xena what had been on her mind.

GABRIELLE 
It's just everything that Callisto and Ares did to try and drive us apart. All the doubt and mistrust that was there. We got through it this time, but what if something like that happens again? And it actually succeeds at coming between us. I don't want to lose you Xena.

Xena moved closer to Gabrielle and held her.

XENA 
You won't, I promise. Nothing, no matter what it is will ever drive us apart. I told you, you're the best thing in my life Gabrielle. And I will never let you go. I love you more than anything. You just have to trust that.

Gabrielle leaned on Xena.

GABRIELLE 
I do. I trust you. It's just giving everything, I'm just sorry for ever doubting you. 

XENA 
Is that what this is about?

Xena lifted Gabrielle's head so that she was looking right at her. She smiled as she softly kissed her.

XENA 
I thought we already went over this. You have nothing to apologize for. Everything that happened was meant to deceive and drive us apart. Whats important is that we saw the truth. And as long as we know what the truth is, nothing like that could ever work.

GABRIELLE 
The truth?

XENA 
That what we share is more than just physical or emotional. It's like you said, it can't be explained how or why. But we are meant for one another. It's just the way it is and no amount of lies, trickery and apparently even the God's themselves can do anything to change that. So they can throw whatever they want at us and we'll just face it down together.

Gabrielle smiled.

GABRIELLE 
That was beautiful Xena. You know you really should write stuff like that down.

XENA 
Nah that's your department not mine. Besides you know me, I'm more of a woman of action.

GABRIELLE 
You certainly are.

Gabrielle kissed Xena.

GABRIELLE 
So why don't you show me some of that action.

Xena raised an eyebrow.

XENA 
(Joking) Well that depends, who exactly am I showing it to? You are the real Gabrielle right?

GABRIELLE 
Oh I'm real. And if you don't believe me, you're welcome to check for yourself.
Xena smirked. 

XENA 
I think I might just do that.

They passionately kissed. Then Xena got up and lead them from the clearing over to a spot with a bunch of trees that was a little more private. Xena leaned back against a tree as she took Gabrielle in her arms. Xena kissed down her neck and chest. She slid her hands up Gabrielle's stomach, going under her shirt and began to gently squeeze and massage her boobs. Gabrielle softly moaned. After a few moments Gabrielle turned around in Xena's arms and learned back against her. Xena continued lightly kissing Gabrielle's neck as she began tracing one of her hands back down Gabrielle's body. She slipped her hand into Gabrielle's skirt and began to lightly rub her finger along her womanhood. Xena could feel Gabrielle's excitement and desire becoming more apparent. She began to move against Xena's hand. Xena put her other arm around Gabrielle and held her as she pushed into Gabrielle's entrance. Gabrielle moaned as Xena entered her. She turned her head to meet Xena for a passionate kiss as Xena began moving inside her. Gabrielle held onto Xena's arm as she felt Xena's fingers repeatedly drive into her. She began moving her hips to meet Xena's movements, making Xena go further into her. Xena took her free hand and grasped Gabrielle's chest. She held Gabrielle as she continued to weave in and out of her feminine treasure. Gabrielle could feel himself getting close to her climax. She softly moaned for Xena not to stop. After hearing that Xena began pushing into her faster. Feeling herself on the verge of orgasism, Gabrielle reached up behind her and held on tighter to Xena. Her cries of pleasure began getting louder as Xena took her closer and closer to extacy. Xena continued moving inside her, until she heard Gabrielle let out a loud blissful cry. She felt Gabrielle tense up in her arms as her orgasism corsed through her. After letting Gabrielle calm down for a few moments, Xena removed herself from inside her. While still holding Gabrielle, Xena lowered them both to the ground. She sat up against the tree as Gabrielle rested against her. She looked down as Gabrielle Gabrielle smiled up at her.

GABRIELLE 
(Joking) So did I convince you that I'm the real thing.

XENA 
(Joking) I don't know, I might need to check again soon just to make sure.

GABRIELLE 
(Joking) Of course you do.

XENA 
(Joking) What? I just wanna be thorough.

GABRIELLE 
(Joking) Well what ever it takes I guess.

They both laughed a little as Xena lightly kissed the top of Gabrielle's head.

XENA 
I love you Gabrielle, no matter what. Never forget that.

Gabrielle smiled.

GABRIELLE 
I know. I love you too Xena. Always.

Both Xena and Gabrielle sat under the tree and just enjoyed being together. Knowing that dispite their enemies best efforts to come between them, all their recent experiences had only made them stronger and brought them closer. They were connected to one another. Truly nothing could ever sever the ties that bound them together. Xena and Gabrielle were meant to be. And no matter what they faced and whatever changes life threw their way, that was one thing that would remain the same, was that they had each other. And it would always stay that way, forever.

THE END ❤

Contact Email:
Tgirl159tgirl159@gmail.com

Author's Page

Back to the Academy