Soul Crossing

By Web Bard (Copyright 12/2000)

Part 8

Reese looked up at the flight attendant as she came to pick up the plates from dinner. Susan smiled at Reese. Beth had fallen asleep and her head was resting against Reese’s shoulder. Reese looked back at Susan and silently mouthed the words, "Thank you."

The flight attendant dimmed the cabin lights and pulled the partition closed to the flight crew area. Reese looked down at the blonde head nestled into her left shoulder and sighed. Just rest, sweetie. She kissed the top of Beth’s head, only to have it quickly jerk in response, as if her friend was falling. Reese quickly braced her hand under Beth’s chin to steady her.

"Hey, sleepy head," said Reese as two green eyes slowly opened and met hers.

"Must have dropped off," said Beth with a yawn. She opened her eyes fully and smiled at her partner. "Hi, beautiful."

Reese leaned in for a soft kiss. Beth pressed forward and continued the kiss. She caressed the side of Reese’s face with the back of her hand.

"What a nice way to be woken up," said Beth with a smile. She tried to stretch, but was restricted by the seatbelt still holding her in her seat.

"Let me take care of that," said Reese as she first unbuckled her seatbelt and then reached for her partner’s. "We can walk around and stretch a bit if you’d like."

Reese stood up from the chair first and offered her hand to Beth. Beth stood up in front of Reese and pulled her into a hug. The smaller woman wrapped her arms around Reese’s waist and rested her head on her friend’s soft chest.

"Care to dance?" Reese kept her partner close and began to make slow turns around the open area of the flight cabin.

"I can honestly say that I never thought I’d be dancing 50,000 feet in the air," chucked Beth as she matched Reese’s dance steps. "Do you think we’ll be able to find some Greek folk dances we can try when we get there?"

"I’m sure my grandparents can help us with that," said Reese.

"Honey?" Beth stopped for a minute and looked up at her lover. "Do your grandparents know about us? I mean, do they know that we’re more than just friends?"

"Yes," said Reese softly. She took Beth’s face in her hands and looked into her eyes. "And, they are perfectly fine with it. My grandmother and I share this kind of spooky ESP, psychic thing. We’ve always been kindred spirits. I feel like she can almost read my mind sometimes. She and I have talked on the phone the past couple of months and she told me how happy she was that I have found the person I want to share my life with."

"Your soul mate," said Beth as she smiled up at Reese, who was still cradling her face in her hands.

"And, that would be you," said Reese. She pulled Beth’s face closer to hers and kissed her. Beth wrapped her arms around Reese’s neck and returned the kiss. Because of their height difference, Beth could always manage to position herself under the nape of her friend’s long neck. She turned slightly and began to pepper small kisses under Reese’s chin and down her neck to her collarbone.

Reese’s breathing became uneven. She placed her hands on the top of Beth’s head as it found more sensitive places to kiss on her chest. "Um, Beth, um, baby?"

"Hmmm?"

"I think we should move this little dance into the back bedroom, don’t you?" Reese hesitantly pulled away from the smaller woman’s teasing kisses and grabbed Beth by the hand.

"I can think of something else we haven’t done at 50,000 feet," said Beth with an evil grin.

Reese opened the door and quickly pulled Beth inside the bedroom section of the flight cabin. She flicked the DO NOT DISTURB light on and pulled the door shut. She locked it behind her. Beth walked over to the dimmer switch and brought the lights down very low. She sat down on the bed and then stretched out on her side. She gazed up at Reese, who wasted no time in joining her partner on the bed.

"Is it just me?" Reese placed her hands under Beth’s shirt. "Or do you also find the prospect of making love in an airplane incredibly erotic?"

Beth took in a quick breath as Reese’s hands began a slow exploration under her shirt. She quickly rolled on top of her partner and braced herself on her elbows. She leaned down and passionately kissed the tall beauty beneath her. "Does that answer your question?"

Reese returned her friend’s kiss and then just as quickly as her partner, rolled over on top of Beth. Their lovemaking had almost always been slow and sensual. But tonight was different. She could tell by the urgent look in her lover’s eyes, just inches below her own, that this would be fast and furious. Reese straddled Beth’s waist and lifted her sweater over her head. She reached down to help Beth, only to find that her shirt was also gone. Pants and socks and shoes were quickly removed and tossed over the side of the bed.

 

The lovers began to run their hands frantically over each other’s bodies. Alternating kisses and sensitive touches soon brought the women to a height of passion they had never experienced. They collapsed in each other’s arms and could barely breathe. Reese held on to Beth until she was convinced her partner was taking in regular, full breaths.

"God, Reese, what just happened here?" Beth brushed away the sweat-drenched hair from her lover’s face.

"Magic," said Reese as she, too, tried to catch a full breath. Magic was the only word to describe it.

************************************************************************

"We’ll be landing soon," said Reese as she pointed out of the plane window. We’re flying over Greece right now."

"Have I told you how much I’m looking forward to this?" Beth placed her hand over her friend’s and squeezed it. Reese turned her palm over and interlaced her fingers with Beth’s.

"Thank you for last night," said Reese as she looked into sea green eyes. "It was…"

"I know, love," said Beth as she tightened her grip on Reese’s hand. "You’re going to think I ‘m crazy, but the closer we get to Greece, the closer I feel to you. It’s like there’s some unexplainable force that’s drawing us even closer together. Do you know what I mean?"

"I feel the same way," said Reese. "I didn’t think we could possible get any closer to each other than we already are, but I know now that we can. This is a strange, wonderful feeling, isn’t it?"

Beth answered her friend with a kiss. "I love you more than life, you know that don’t you?"

"Yes," said Reese as unexpected tears burned behind her eyes. She tried to respond, but couldn’t form any words.

Beth brushed away the tears falling down Reese’s cheeks. "You don’t have to say anything. If I know one thing in this world, it’s this. You love me without end. You love beyond reason. You love me in this life and the life after this. You’ve spent the better part of the last four months trying to reassure me that I’m the most important person in your life. As hard as it is for me to believe that I’m actually worthy of those feelings, I just wanted to you know that I finally believe you. You own my heart completely and eternally."

The smaller woman wrapped her arms around her partner and held her close. She then held her friend’s face in her hands and kissed the eyelids and wet tears still cascading down Reese’s face. "Oh, sweetie, it’s okay. These feelings are profound aren’t they?"

Reese took a deep breath. "Then you feel them, too?"

"I have since the first night I met you," said Beth. "But, Reese, something is happening now that is totally different. I hope we can find some more answers from our visit here. I have this unexplainable pull to visit the places where our ancestors came from. Do you feel the same way?"

Reese rested her head against Beth’s shoulder and regained her composure. "I have to work for a day and a half in Athens. As soon as I’m finished, we’re heading for Amphipolis and then on to Potidaea. There’s a reason for these feelings and I’m going to find out what they are."

"WE are going to find out what they are," corrected Beth. "Together."

"You’re right," said Reese with a smile. "We’ll find the answers together."

The lovers held hands as the plane skidded to a landing at the Athens airport. Blue eyes met green as the plane came to a full stop. Reese locked onto the eyes of the woman she loved. We’re home now, love. We’re home.

To be continued…


Return to Main Page