Disclaimers:  I don’t own them.  MCA Universal and whoever else does. 
This story is alternative meaning woman with woman action with an R rating for implied sex; violence and language. 
My thanks to my partner Lou Ann who is my inspiration; my friend Kim who encouraged me to do this and to the cast and crew of Xena Warrior Princess especially Lucy and Renee. 
Happy Mother’s Day.

Thank you for reading any comments or questions can be sent to Xena-17@Juno.Com flames will be ignored.

A warm fire and several strategically placed candles lighted the bathing chamber.  A lone dark headed figure reclined in the tub; head back and her eyes closed.  It had been along day of working with the guard unit and working on some plans for her upcoming ceremony. 

Xena stomped down the long corridor that led to her daughter’s chambers; her armor was splattered with mud and she was not in a good mood.  No not at all but hopefully the bundle in her hand would make someone happy.

Varia heard the door opening and thought it was her lover.  She felt no sense of danger so she tilted her head back further and spread her arms over the rim of the large tub and waited.
Xena paused in the doorway smirking.  Ooh paybacks were going to a bitch.  Her mood picked up quickly.

Varia (feeling gentle fingers massaging her scalp): Oh yeah, that feels so good.  I have something else you can massage baby.  (The fingers moved across her tight shoulders) dam how did you know.  Why don’t you get in here and help me ease some of this tension love?

Xena smiled an evil smile and proceeded to torment her victim just a bit more.  Picking up the sponge, she dunked it in the water, thankful that Varia’s eyes were still closed and began dripping some of the water down her concealed torso.  Moans and groans filled the room then Xena sprang like a cat.  Grabbing Varia gently by the back of her neck she leaned in close to Varia’s ear her voice a low growl.

Xena (tracing Varia’s jaw with the tip of her thumb): You waiting for someone featherhead?  And just what are you doing in here when my daughter; the woman your about to join with out there is (the result was better than she hoped for as Varia nearly vaulted out of the pool.)
Varia (gasping; turning red from the blush creeping up her face): Dammit Xena that was just plain mean (seeing the dark eyebrow arch.)  I was waiting for Eve to come back and we were just going to spend the rest of the afternoon well you know…

Xena (pursing her lips): But you were telling her what you wanted to do (teasing, although Varia didn’t know it.)
Varia (gulping): Well you know how it is.  Sometimes you have to take the bull by the horns so to say.  Come on Xena lighten up (seeing Xena shaking with silent laughter.)  I swear Gabrielle better get back here and quick or you’re going to make your daughter a widow before the ceremony.

Xena (laughing): Relax.  I was just having fun with you.  Besides, I know how you feel about Eve.  Here I had these made just as if you asked (handing the bundle to Varia.)
Varia (hesitantly taking the bundle from her tormentor; opening it, her face beamed with a bright smile): Xena these are perfect, just what I envisioned.  Did you get yours and Brie’s?  (Xena nodded) awesome.  So where do we hide these till the ceremony?

Xena (standing): I’ve got the perfect spot.  That is if you want.  And I told you anyway I could help you with this it’s my pleasure.
Varia (making a gesture for Xena to turn around so she could get out of the tub): Xena having you and Gabrielle also at the ceremony getting joined is an honor.  Eve is so excited.

Xena (hearing Varia’s feet on the tile floor): You’re sure I’m not imposing?
Varia (wrapping a towel around herself): Hell no.  Eve and I love the idea.  It’s hard for her, though, not to tell Brie.  Well you know…

Xena (nodding): Yeah I do.  And I appreciate the fact you two are keeping things so quiet (facing Varia) and the fact your making our daughter happy well that’s an added bonus.  The training didn’t go so well did it (motioning to the bruises on Varia’s forearms.)
Varia (shaking her head): They’re raw.  And they don’t listen.  Kelia and Patros really got fed up there for a while.  I was biting my tongue every time one them made a move. 
Xena (wrapping the rings back up in the bundle): I’m going to take care of this.  Meet me in the library.  Hopefully Brie and Eve will be back shortly and we can have some dinner and I can figure out what excuse I’m going to give her for wanting to be apart from her for a week (sighing) and I don’t want to.

Varia (understanding; but deciding to tease):  Oh how the mighty have fallen.  Look at you, Warrior Princess, yeow (yelping as Xena snapped a towel at her bum.)  Hey now watch it. If you mark me, Eve will get on you about it.

Eve watched her mom work slowly methodically sensing the emotional detachment involved with her job.  So much pain and suffering for what?  For war, for conquest; hanging her head as she realized that she too at one point caused this in her life.  But that was a closed chapter.  She was about to be joined to the love of her life and was spending a great deal of time with both of her parent’s because she saw the purest love between them  and wanted to learn for herself how to make her and Varia‘s marriage work. 
Gabrielle (walking over to her; her apron covered in blood; splashes of the substance on her forearms): What’re you thinking?  Did someone say something to you? 

Eve (shaking her head): Nothing important.  No, I’m all right.
Gabrielle (washing her hands in a basin of water): You look just like your mother when you’re thinking or in her case plotting (smirking wickedly.)
Eve (playfully swatting her shoulder): Gee thanks.  Hey, you mean to say I got all my endearing qualities from you then, right?
Gabrielle (affectionately rolling her eyes): You’re so bad.  Come on stud let’s go find our other halves.

Eve (throwing up her hands): But when I’m bad I’m good, (a hand clamped over her mouth.)
Gabrielle (laughing): Don’t say it.  Don’t even go there. 

Eve (walking with her mom to the portal they would use to get back to the underworld): Why not?  It’s not like you and mother should talk (winking.)
Gabrielle (shoving her playfully through the portal): Yeah but we’re older it’s our privilege (trying not to blush.)  Hey have you figured anything out about your abilities.

Eve (thinking): Well it seems my powers are only telepathic.  I can move objects or deflect them but I can’t destroy them or anything like that. 

Gabrielle (thankfully): It’s a good thing, I guess.  And you’re immortal now.  (Placing her hand on her daughter’s arm) how’s Varia about the whole thing.
Eve (understanding): She’s great about the whole thing.  We haven’t talked about it much but from we have talked about it doesn’t bother her at all. 

Gabrielle (brushing a lock of Eve’s hair back): We’ll figure out what happened.  And if you need to talk…
Eve (kissing her cheek): I know.  Let me go find her, speaking of which.  There’s no telling what those two have gotten into since we’ve been out.
Gabrielle (arching her eyebrow): They’re worse then kids sometimes.

Eve (laughing): You’re telling me.  I’ll see you for dinner.
Gabrielle (nodding and looking around; wondering where her partner was and hoping she wasn’t getting her self into too much trouble.)

Xena (yelling at her guard detail): I don’t care.  You’re going to do it until you get it right.  You’re dead for crying out loud and you can’t even get a simple training regiment right (her voice mockingly whiny) cause you’re afraid you’ll get hurt.  (Snarling) you won’t.  Now I want it done and I want it done right (throwing a stave at a tall dark haired female.) 
Gabrielle (walking through the foyer and to the fields just outside the castle walls; it had been Xena’s idea and it was perfect): My Lord (looking at her partner’s rigid body and tense muscles.)
Xena (turning around to face her): My Queen sorry give me a few minutes and I’ll be right in.

Gabrielle (nodding in understanding and wincing as Xena sent one of the new guards flying): We’ll have to work on relieving some of her stress.  (Walking back inside the castle she realized she had forgotten about dinner with Aphrodite.)  Shit (walking back outside (she ducked as a body flew over her head) Xena (yelling to get her lover’s attention) we have company coming.  You want to finish with them and soon.

Xena (laughing evilly): Sure no sweat (ducking a sword swing and throwing the attacker back with a punch.)
Gabrielle (shaking her head): She’s feeling frisky (shuddering at the delicious thoughts of her and her partner’s ways of dealing with it.)  You’re going to get it later, love.

Kelia (walking up to her): Dinner will be ready shortly.  Is she (gesturing to Xena who was yelling her battle cry) never mind I’ll draw a bath? 

Gabrielle (patting her arm): Thanks.  She’ll need it and so will I.  Have you seen Eve and Varia?
Kelia (walking with her): Yes.  They’re in the library. 
Gabrielle: Thanks.  And if you could get tall dark and gorgeous in here.

Kelia (muttering): Tall dark and oh dam.  I don’t want to know how she came up with that one (snickering) wonder what she calls the Queen. 

Eve (tangling her fingers in her lover’s dark locks): Yes just a little lower oh dam yes just like that (as her partner traced a fiery trail up and down her skin with her tongue.) 
Varia (moaning): So sweet (nipping the inside of Eve’s thigh) so hot (moving her tongue upward) all for me.

Eve (thrusting her hips into her lover’s mouth): Yes for you.

Varia (holding her hips in place): Just lay back and let me love you.  That’s my girl (bending down to claim the sweet feast laid out before her.)
Gabrielle (arching her eyebrow): You mean to tell me…

Patros (nodding; trying not to blush from the noise coming from within the room): Yes.  Your daughter is just like you and the Lord, it seems.

Gabrielle (wide eyed at the loud scream): You can say that again (hearing a loud crash) um never mind.  When they come out please tell them dinner will be ready shortly (hearing another thud followed by another scream) come to think of it, she’s more like Xena in that regard (snickering and walking down the hall.)
Patros (shaking her head and looking at Talia): I think in that regard Eve is like the Queen.

Xena (walking up to them): What’s going on?

Patros (trying not blush): You’re daughter and her intended are otherwise engaged.
Xena (smiling proudly): That’s my girl.  Well excuse me a minute I need them out here for dinner.
Talia (putting her hand up): My Lord they’re and you can’t besides…

Xena (smirking): I know and yes, I can.  Mother’s privilege (holding up a bucket of water) or something to that effect (yanking the door open.)  Playtime’s over (throwing the water over them and watching in amusement as they both scrambled trying to grab anything to cover them.  She turned and faced away from them snickering.) Get dressed or your mom will have my hide.

Eve (moaning): Mother…
Xena (shaking her head; smiling): Remember who is coming to dinner that she doesn’t know about.  Now get yourselves together. 

Varia (groaning as she sat up): Sorry…
Xena (understanding): Believe me I know (laughing at a loud thud) right foot first Varia.
Varia (groaning): Funny, Warrior Princess. 

Eve (patting her lover on the bum): Mother behave.  You said that you needed an excuse so you can do the separation thing (snickering) so it’s like your first time (trying to laugh) I just realized it’s almost like a forced (Varia’s hand clamped over her mouth.)

Varia (shaking her head and trying to clear the water out of her eyes; she had gotten most of the water thrown over her) don’t say it.  Because you and I are going through the same thing.

Gabrielle settled back in the bath waiting patiently for her soul mate to get her bum in here and grinning as the door opened and in stepped six feet of gorgeous woman.  Her partner; her lover and oh dam.  She knew that look and that look meant she was about to be thoroughly ravaged by her lover.  But not now, later, seeing the hungry lustful look in her partner’s eyes and knew that she wasn‘t about to wait…

Xena (licking her lips at the gorgeous sight in front of her): You are beautiful (leaning down for a kiss) heart (taking Gabrielle’s earlobe in her teeth) body (licking a path up her lover’s neck) and soul.
Gabrielle (shuddering from the delicious assault): And so are you (moaning as strong fingers traced her skin) love dinner, remember (tapping the back of her head lightly.)

Xena (sighing): I know, I know but I want (moaning as teeth and lips latched onto her nipple.)  Don’t do that Brie unless you want to be late.

Gabrielle (thinking): Give me five no make that ten minutes (pouncing on her lover with lavicsious intent.)
Xena thinking that they should be getting ready and not doing oh the Tartarus with dinner it could wait.

Aphrodite (popping in with Lila in tow): Well good afternoon.

Eve (smiling and putting down the scroll she had been reading): Hi.  It’s nice that you brought Lila here for dinner and to see mom.

Lila (looking around the ornate dining room): Yeah but where is here?
Varia (walking in; her leathers and armors were gleaming; her hair was tied back; winking at Eve): You’re in the Underworld. 
Eve (trying not to lick her lips at the sight of her partner): Are you all right?
Lila (nodding): Yes but I never expected this.  I always pictured it as cold and gloomy but it’s…
Aphrodite (glancing around): Well that is your sister’s ideas.  She didn’t want it to look like gloom and doom either.  Um where are Xena and Gabrielle, speaking of which?
Gabrielle (walking in; their was a glow about her; from recent activities): Right here.  Well Xena will be here in a moment (the words died on her lips as she saw the woman she considered her sister and tensed.) Lila…
Eve (standing and wrapping her arm around her mom’s shoulders): It’s a surprise and not what you think. 

Gabrielle (hugging her tightly, she had decided not to tell Lila the truth instead letting them continue as they were): You look great.  Have you been getting my messages? 
Lila (nodding): I just can’t believe what I’ve been told by Eve and Varia.  You’re a Goddess now isn’t that kind of awkward considering Eve’s position.
Gabrielle (shaking her head and guiding her sister to a chair); No, not really.  We respect each other’s positions and opinions.  So how are things?  Anything new and exciting.  How’s Sara doing?
Lila (taking the offered goblet of wine from a servant): Thank you.  Things are good.  Actually prosperous.  Sara’s doing great.  She’s got a love interest (tensing.)  But it’s her life and I want her happy.

Gabrielle (looking up and silently saying thank you to Eve and Varia as they gave them some privacy): Why?  What is it?
Lila (sighing): Well Sara and this woman named Naomi well they’ve been seeing each other about three months now and I don’t know.  It’s just that…
Gabrielle (cocking her head): You do know Xena and I are together, don’t you.  So what difference does it make who she loves?  As long as she’s happy and she’s not hurting her.  That’s what’s important.  Not anything else. 
Lila (nodding): I know but it’s just I remember Dad and his comments about you and Xena and well I just don’t want to go through that.

Gabrielle (taking her arm): Let’s go for a walk.  Dinner will wait a few moments.

Varia (holding her partner with one arm and pointing to a bunch of rocks near a wall with crystals within them): When your mother showed me these the first time, it took my breath away but not like when I look at you. 

Aphrodite (walking up behind them): That’s one thing I’ll say about down here.  It has a lot of hidden treasures and stuff.
Eve (taking her outstretched hand): How are you doing? 

Aphrodite (smiling): Great.  Hades has settled in with Apollo over at his pad and Hectate’s keeping an eye on things and well things so far are quiet. 
Varia (leaning against the wall): We meant you Dite.

Aphrodite (playfully swatting her arm): I know.  And I’m doing good.  Olympus is kind of quiet but it’s ok.

Eve (pulling Aphrodite along with her): Well we could solve that for a little bit.  At least until after the ceremony.

Varia (smiling): Which by the way thank you so much for wanting to help.  I couldn’t think of anyone else that I would want to officiate over our ceremony and I know once Gabrielle finds out she’ll be ecstatic.

Aphrodite (smiling): Well it is a special day both of my favorite couples are getting joined. 

Eve (smirking): Yep and you have to see mother trying to keep this from Gabrielle.

Aphrodite (nodding): Yep won’t the little one be surprised.  Hey did she get the rings.
Varia (trying to hide the fact that she had Xena get their rings also): Yeah and they’re gorgeous.  Something fit for a Queen (winking at Aphrodite.)
Aphrodite (understanding): Well Gabrielle is a Queen in her own rite several times over.  I can’t wait.

Eve (kissing Varia on the cheek): I can’t either. 

Lila (softly): Doesn’t it bother you about being down here. I mean well…

Gabrielle (gently): We have a cabin near the Strymon Pass.  But that’s not where we want to be now.  Our home is down here but I’ll follow Xena to the ends of the earth.  She’s my home. 
Lila (squeezing Gabrielle’s hand): I know that.  Does she…
Gabrielle (nodding; her face lighting up): Lila we’ve been through some stuff over the years but it’s nothing compared to the joy and love I feel with her.  There’s nothing I wouldn’t do; nowhere I wouldn’t go just to be with her.  She’s my life and I won’t change that and I won’t allow anyone else to either.

Lila (patting her hand): When is she going to put a ring on your finger and make you an honest woman?
Xena (walking in): She is already and honest woman.  We don’t need a ceremony to prove our love for each other.  But if the day ever comes when she wants that then I’ll move heaven and earth and the underworld to make it happen. 
Gabrielle (taking her partner’s hand in her own): And it’s not something either of us really want right now.  Not with so much going on. 
Lila (trying not stare at Xena’s figure, which was covered in black and silver armor; her hair slicked back; and those eyes they held a silvery tint to them that made her shudder): I didn’t mean anything by it.  I just worry about you.  You’re all I have besides Sara. 
Xena (taking Lila’s hand in her own): And you have my word you’re sister is my world.  There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for her (remembering what Gabrielle had said to her about keeping things as they were and not revealing the fact that Lila wasn’t really her sister.) 

Gabrielle (patting her stomach as it made its presence known): I don’t know about you two but I’m hungry let’s go and sit down and eat.

Lila (laughing): Some things never change.
Aphrodite (laughing): She got you good then didn’t she?

Eve (shaking her head): Aphrodite they’re worst then kids at times.
Varia (seductively): But you never complain when I (whispering something in Eve’s ear.)
Aphrodite (giggling): I bet she doesn’t (laughing at Eve’s blush.)  Honey no need for that.  Please love and lovemaking are my thing and let me tell you, you have one hot chichy here and (fanning her self.)
Varia (kissing the back of Eve’s hand): And I know it.  Beautiful isn’t she.

Eve (playfully shoving her partner): You’re such a heathen hey (wrapping her arms around Varia’s neck as she was picked up and cradled.)
Aphrodite (holding up her hand): Now that’s romance.  Sweep a girl off her feet and dam (smiling at the affectionate couple.)  Definitely Xena’s and Gabrielle’s daughter.  I hate to break this up but your parent’s are expecting us for dinner (the amorous couple showed no signs of stopping.) 

Xena (materializing in front of them and arching an eyebrow at Aphrodite): That’s my girl. 

Aphrodite (trying not to look): No I think that’s Gabrielle’s little maneuver (covering her mouth as Eve groaned.)  Yep I heard you making the same sounds when the little one rubs the back of your neck.

Varia (breaking the kiss): Dinner then we’ll finish this later.
Eve (blinking trying to get her head together): Paybacks.

Xena (playfully shoving them): Come on you two (using her powers to transport them to the dining hall.)
Dinner was filled with catching up; playful banter and laughter.  It felt good just to be with the ones that cared about you most and enjoy their company.
Gabrielle (kissing Xena softly): You wouldn’t mind if I took, my sister up on that path would you.  I just want her to see well you know.

Xena (smiling and sipping the wine): What’s in it for me?
Gabrielle (leaning closer and nipping the bottom of Xena’s ear): I promise you with what I have in mind it’ll be worth it.

Xena (feeling rather warm all of a sudden): Any hints?
Gabrielle (teasing): You, me, our bedroom, a couple of toys and a long night.

Xena (gulping; feeling really warm): Anything else?

Gabrielle (nipping her ear): A little surprise that will have to wait (backing up to look at her partner whose face was flushed and her breathing heavy.)  Thank you love (walking over to her sister) come on I’ve got something to show you.

Lila (noticing the look on Xena’s face): Is she all right?
Gabrielle (trying not laugh): She’s fine.  Just a little warm.

Eve (watching her mom then looking at her mother): Do you need some water?
Aphrodite (sipping her wine): Probably to sit in.

Varia (standing): Come on Goddess you and me have to check on those troops.  Can’t sit here all evening doing nothing.

Xena (growling playfully): Keep it up featherhead.

Eve (laughing): Here they go again.  Aphrodite what do you say you and I go look at some gowns and stuff.  Maybe something else for these two to wear for the ceremony.  And we have other plans to discuss as well.

Aphrodite (excitedly): Great idea.  (Leaning over Xena’s chair) she’s going to rock your world but good Warrior Babe.

Xena (wickedly grinning): Don’t I know it.  Come on Varia.

Gabrielle (pointing to some trees): Over there is the gate to the land of the Amazon dead.  Xena’s responsibility is mainly here (gesturing to the Elysian Fields.)

Lila (softly; leaning on the railing): Have you seen mother and dad?
Gabrielle (taking a deep breath): We both check in on our families but don’t interfere too much.  Even here, information can be used against you.  But mother and dad are here and so is Lennat.  And other people we care about as well.

Lila (questioning): What if you wanted to I mean…

Gabrielle (softly): I could but I’m careful (not wanting to go into all the details.)  They don’t even see Xena when she comes through here.  For them we’re shades just like they are to us if they get out of the fields somehow. 

Lila (nodding): I understand (trying to fight a yawn.)
Gabrielle (seeing this): Come on let me take you home so you can get some sleep.
Lila (hesitantly): You can do that?
Gabrielle (smiling): Yep.  Although Xena and I don’t use our powers very much unless it’s something very important we know how to use them.
Lila (thinking): That’s different from the other Gods then. 
Gabrielle (wrapping her hand around her arm): Very different.  They used them all the time for everything.  We prefer to keep things as natural as possible.  As mundane as possible (closing her eyes in concentration to take her sister home.)
Varia (watching the training group): They’re better.  But they still have a ways to go.

Xena (nodding and reading a scroll): Yes they do but it’s improvement.
Ephiny (walking up to them): Hi.
Xena (playfully): Eph you know you’re supposed to stay in your cage.

Ephiny (forcing herself to become solid): I can’t.  I needed to come and thank you both for your help with the Amazons.
Varia (bowing her head): It was my duty to protect them although I didn’t do so hot with some of them.
Ephiny (reaching out and caressing her face): You did what you could.  There were many who didn’t want to go.  But those who went will prosper.  I hear there’s a ceremony in the near future.  Am I invited?

Xena (playfully rolling her eyes): Sure, what’s one more to witness my ultimate surrender (smirking?)
Ephiny (winking at Varia): You surrender that’s putting it a little mildly considering how many times your on your knees for her, which I’m glad to see it that way.
Xena (leaning forward): You into voyeur Eph (teasing?)
Varia (biting her lip): You know that does bring up something I’ve been wanting to ask you?
Ephiny (patting Xena playfully on the chest): No.  But maybe you should watch you might learn something.

Xena (proudly): I have many skills.

Varia (rolling her eyes): You had to say it didn’t you?

Ephiny (playfully shoving her): Be respectful of your elders pup.  Seriously, I need to ask you both to do something for me.  The Amazons are doing fine in their new home.  But there is just so much that needs to be done and well I was wondering if you two could.  It would solve the separation question and give you two some time to work off all that pent up frustration.

Varia (agreeing): I’ll be more than glad too.
Xena (taking a deep breath): Ephiny you know I’m not a welcome guest among their community and neither is Eve.  I don’t want to stir up no trouble especially with everything that needs to be done.  And besides you know Brie she’ll have a thousand questions.
Ephiny (winking): I can take care of that for you.  Both problems.  The Amazons need to swallow some of our pride and accept help from a friend (at Xena’s shock look) Xena I know your past and I know of Eve’s.  Neither of the two of you are the same woman that went in and destroyed our villages.  You’ve been forgiven, both of you many times over.  Forgive yourselves.  You and Eve have both earned a place among us when the time comes if you so choose it.  And Varia you will always be an Amazon.  Just because your title was taken away when you asked…
Xena (angrily): What?  What are you talking about?
Varia (gulping): Thank you my Queen.
Ephiny (pulling Xena aside): Varia give us a moment.  (Looking up to dark blue eyes) calm down.  Varia relinquished her title when she announced her ceremonial request to join with Eve.  Varia gave it up willingly.  She loves your daughter Xena.

Xena (folding her arms across her chest): And now you want me (pointing to herself) to go in there and help rebuild a village that disowned their Queen who happens to be someone I consider family.  Ephiny…
Ephiny (placing her hands on Xena’s arms): Xena I would never be one to taunt you but please.  They need help and you made a promise to me.  I’ll take care of Brie and of some of the attitudes but please Xena.

Xena (considering): I could never say no to you except (gentle fingers silenced her.)
Ephiny (softly; caressing Xena’s face): Thank you (leaning up and placing a gentle kiss on Xena’s lips; which were very soft and very warm; don’t go there she admonished herself.)  I’ll be there for you both.  Give me a couple of days.

Xena (watching as Ephiny walked over to Varia and kissed her gently; telling her something): I guess we got part of the problem solved. 
Ephiny (nodding): I’ll go talk to her.  You two stay out of trouble (a mischievous look in her eyes and she vanished.)
Gabrielle sat near the fire in the library reading an old scroll of some epic battle.  The fire dimmed then heated up.
Ephiny (materializing solidly in front of her): How are you?
Gabrielle (startled): Ephiny?  What’s wrong?  Is Xenon….
Ephiny (taking her hands in her own): Nothing‘s wrong. And Xenon is fine and so is his wife and the baby.  I came to tell you I sent for Xena and Varia to help with the rebuilding of the new village on the island.  It’s going to be a lot of hard work and plenty of attitude. 

Gabrielle (softly): But my place is beside Xena no matter what.
Ephiny (understanding and caressing her face): I know but you have Eve who needs to get ready for her ceremony and that sort of thing.  Besides, I’ll be keeping an eye on them both as will several of our other friends.

Gabrielle (realizing she was right): Make sure you keep them both out of trouble.
Ephiny (promising): You have my word.  So tell me what have you been up to.  I never thought in a thousand years you would be a Goddess although…
Gabrielle (trying not blush): Stop (laughing) it’s not something I imagined either.  But I like what I’m doing and Xena’s happy and so is Eve and Varia.
Ephiny (nodding): She’s a beautiful young woman.  Takes after the both of you  in a lot of ways.  And Varia is a wonderful mate for her.  They make quite the pair.
Gabrielle (proudly): Tell me about it.  Eve’s my daughter not of the flesh but of my heart.  I just wish people weren’t so dammed judgmental.  I can’t believe what some of the Amazons put Xena and Eve through.  Sorry…

Ephiny (squeezing her hand): It’s all right.  But not everyone feels that way.  You should hear some of us talk (at Gabrielle’s look of astonishment) yes a lot of us keep an eye on you, both of you.  And like I told Xena, you all have a place with us if you want or need when the time comes.

Gabrielle (smiling): Thank you.  Can you tell me about Lyssa? 
Ephiny (nodding): I’d be honored too.  She’s a tough hard ass Warrior, even in the afterlife.  For those of us she trusted, she spoke of you often and in your hardest times she would cry out for you.  Wishing she could be there.  Many a times some of us would just sit and be there for her.  But you know Warrior’s (laughing.)  Anyway…

Xena (softly): Why didn’t you tell me about the problems you had with your ceremony?
Varia (angrily): Because it’s my problem Xena.  I walked away because I didn’t want the headaches and the pain and suffering especially not for Eve…
Xena (stepping closer): Varia…
Varia (holding up her hand): Xena what could you have done?  What could Brie have done?  Nothing.  They made their minds up about me a long time ago.  This was just the last straw.  Yes, I gave up my title and position but I did it out of love.  My love for your daughter and I have no regrets.  None.

Xena (softly): I know (seeing Varia fighting tears) hey come here (Varia pushed her away) oh no, you don’t.  (Pulling her into a tight hug)  if you want the ceremony with the Amazons then we’ll do something.  It’ll be ok (rubbing her back.) 

Varia (crying softly on Xena’s shoulder): No.  I don’t want that and neither does Eve.  We want people that care about us not ones who would spoil our day.  That’s what I want and Eve wants (looking up into soft blue eyes.)
Xena (wiping Varia’s tears with her thumb): I know I don’t say it often, hell, I don’t say it much to Brie or Eve but I want you to know the past is in the past.  Done over and finished.  You’re part of my family now.  You never have to face anything alone.  No matter if it has to do with my daughter; the Amazons; whatever.  You can always come to me if you need help.  (Smirking wickedly) although if you ever tell anyone I said that I’ll beat your bum, got me.
Varia (sincerely): Thanks, mom.  And you have my word.  And if you tell anyone (getting trapped in a headlock) hey watch it.

Xena (smiling): You watch it feather head

Varia (standing and patting Xena on the shoulder; only to be pulled in for another hug): Thank you.

Xena (gently kissing the top of her head): Come on.  I want to spend the next few days getting ready and making sure things will run smoothly while I’m gone.
Varia (helping her up): Kelia will be left in charge, right (Xena nodded?)  And no one is to know you’re a Goddess right (another nod?) 

They walked along the corridor talking and telling ribald jokes. 

Eve (walking into the library; carrying a couple of scrolls): Hey.  Have you seen our two troublemakers?
Gabrielle (sipping her tea): No.  But I saw Ephiny and she assures me that they’re fine.  (Thinking) for the moment (they both laughed.)  What do you have here (motioning to the stack of parchments.)

Eve (shifting through them): Just a story I found that’s yours that you never finished.

Gabrielle (puzzled): Let me see (holding up the parchment and smiling.)  Yep this one isn’t finished (at Eve’s raised eyebrow) you look so much like your mother, Eve. 
Eve (pointing to the parchment): Why isn’t it finished?
Gabrielle (thoughtfully): Do you know the poem that I keep in a frame (Eve nodded) that’s the beginning of the story as it points out here.  It was my birthday and Xena and I teased each other relentlessly. But it was a happy time for both of us.  We wished you had been there though.  Anyway, that night after we rescued the virgin priestess and got the Helmet of Hermes back and we were alone, well it was one of the best birthdays I had.  Your mother can be quite the romantic when she wants (smirking and trying not to blush.)  Anyway, it was shortly after that, that we were sent for from Jappa and you know the rest.  (Taking a deep breath) we had such a good time those couple of days.  No adventures; warlords; God’s and Goddesses then well…
Eve (moving and wrapping her arm around her shoulders): I know.  Dam, when Aphrodite came for me I knew.  I felt something wasn’t right for a while but when she showed up, everything just came crashing in.   She held me, here after everything, the Goddess of Love held me in her arms and let me cry and I know that she cried too.

Gabrielle (hugging Eve): I know.  She told me, that first night you and I shared a room at the inn.  You had gone to bed earlier and I was up.  I couldn’t sleep, I just sat outside on the balcony holding your mother’s urn and (shaking her head.)
Eve (understanding): You two are so much a part of each other. 

Gabrielle (without hesitation): You and Varia share the same bond.
Eve (incredulously): Not like you and mother…
Gabrielle (brushing back a lock of Eve’s hair): Yes, like your mother and I.  Trust me on this.  Anyway no more depressing thoughts.  We have your ceremony to discuss and what you want to do.  Then…
Xena (laughing): So how did you get out of it?
Varia (smirking): Told her I wasn’t interested.  This was shortly before you three came into the village.  She was a pain in the bum let me tell you.

Gabrielle (smiling): I kissed her.  You’re mother can be pretty stubborn and at that time she went through her “I’m no good for Gabrielle phase,” at least once a day.  So I kissed her and told her when she was ready.

Eve (softly): But it was a while after that?  (Gabrielle nodded) and you went through all that shit and still got together.
Gabrielle (nodding; proudly): We survived so much pain and hurt there was nowhere else I think, no I know either of us wanted to be.  She’s an amazing woman.
Xena (walking in): Yes you are (seeing Gabrielle blush) talking about me again I see.  (Moving to stand behind her partner’s chair.)  Did Ephiny tell you what’s going on?
Eve (standing so Varia could sit then she could cuddle in her lap): Yes.  (Winking at her mom) but you two off alone getting into who knows what.  That thought alone is frightening (shivering as sharp teeth nipped her ear.)
Gabrielle (chuckling at the two younger women; who were both so obviously head over heels in love): You know that thought has been plaguing my mind for a while.  Here two of the toughest warriors in Greece out there on a deserted island (leaning back and looking at her partner) scantily clad women; muscular butch women and you two…
Xena (trying to act innocent but failing miserably; glaring at Eve who was holding her sides from laughing and Varia who was trying not laugh): Now how much trouble can we possibly get into.

Hectate (materializing): I don’t think we need to go into that now do we.  (Hearing a low growl coming from Xena) save it Goddess.  Actually, I came to tell you that I’ll be keeping an eye on the both of them as a favor to my niece.  Seems as some Amazons still hold a little resentment at the moving thing.  (Seeing Eve and Gabrielle’s concerned look) rest assured no one will bother these two and they will behave themselves.  That means…
Varia (rolling her eyes playfully): No punching; dismemberment; stabbing; shooting stray arrows and kicking.  Did I forget anything?  Ouch hey (rubbing her shoulder as Eve smacked her.)
Eve (teasing): You better not even think about it.  You and I have a ceremony in six days.  I want you back here in one piece with no bruises; scratches or anything else that doesn’t belong on you.  Got me (caressing her face.)
Xena (seeing green eyes pinning her): All right.  We’ll be good.  Speaking of good, I’m going to check on a few things and get an idea of what’s going on.  Varia tomorrow bright and early (Varia nodded) see everyone in the morning. (Leaning closer to Gabrielle’s ear) I’ll be waiting for you (kissing the top of her head then leaving.)
Hectate (needing to talk to Xena): I have a few things to look into as well.  So suspicions aren’t aroused I’ll take Xena and Varia to the island the morning after tomorrow or the day after depending on when they want to leave.

Varia (nodding): Thank you.  We’ll let you know.
Hectate smiled and left.
Gabrielle (grabbing her tea mug): Unless you two need anything, I’ll see you in the morning. 

Eve (leaning up to kiss her mom on the cheek): Good night. 
Gabrielle (patting Varia’s shoulder): Good night.

Varia (running her hands up and down Eve’s arms): I’m going to be gone from you for six days so…
Eve (teasing): Is there something you want (entwining her fingers with her partner’s?)
Varia (tensing her muscles): Well there is a few things I want (cradling her partner in her arms and walking towards their chambers.)
Eve (tracing her partner’s ear with the tips of her fingers): And they would be?
Varia (licking her lips): They involve you; a bed; a nice fire and you, naked, preferably.

Eve (laughing as she was tossed on the bed): Mmm I like your line of thinking soldier.  (Licking her lips as her partner removed her armor and clothing.)  Come here (pleading.)
Varia (crawling on the bed until she was on all fours above her partner): I love you (leaning down for a soft kiss, which turned intense and passionate quickly.)
Eve (moaning as Varia tugged on her clothing; gasping as her top was ripped open): Impatient darling?
Varia (tugging on the belt to the leather skirt): Very, off love.
Eve (tugging open the skirt and smiling as Varia growled and lay her weight on her body; their skin touching; arousing each further): Feel so good (arching her back as Varia licked and nipped her skin at random.)
Varia (teasing Eve’s nipple): You have no idea.

Hectate (standing beside Xena in the throne room): Have you told them about any of the ceremony.

Xena (looking over a few stacks of parchment): Either way it’s their decision. 
Hectate (taking Xena’s right hand in her own and glancing at the pale scar made so many years ago): That’s only half of your story Xena.  The other half still waits.
Xena (pulling her hand back): No, it’s not.  Brie and I bonded spiritually that day. She risked her life for the soul of an unborn baby and me.  Our bond is strong; unbreakable.

Hectate (shaking her head): Did anyone ever tell you, you’re a stubborn pain in the ass (smirking?)
Xena (nodding): Yes, in several languages in fact.  What’s your point?
Hectate (producing a scroll out of thin air): I know what your planning and I think it’s romantic.  When you get a moment read that.  Then give it to Varia.  It might answer some questions.

Xena (taking a deep breath): I’ll talk to Varia in the morning on what day we want to leave.  Personally the sooner the better.

Hectate smiled and vanished.

Gabrielle lit several candles then grabbed a vial of oil and put on her silk robe and waited for her soul mate to come in.

Xena walked into their chambers; shut the door and was slammed into the wall by five and half feet of ferocious blonde.  Teeth and lips teased whatever skin they could reach and she felt her armor being pulled off and tossed across the room. 

Gabrielle (growling in her partner’s ear): If you know what’s good for you, you’ll do exactly as I say when I say it (ripping open  her shirt.)
Xena (moaning under the sensual onslaught): Whatever you want (yelping as Gabrielle bit her neck, hard.)
Gabrielle (backing up and taking Xena’s hand in hers): Come on Warrior.  We have a long night ahead of us.
Xena (her libido doing back flips): What ever you want?

Gabrielle (smirking wickedly and pulling back the sheet): What ever I want?  That has a lot of possibilities (picking up a flogger) lots of possibilities.

Xena (gulping; trusting in her partner): Have at me then my love (as Gabrielle’s mouth seized hers; conveying her intentions and her appetite.)

The library was lit by warm firelight and several candles.  A tall figure leaned back in a plush chair sipping something from a goblet.  Upon a closer look, we noticed the figure looks disheveled with several marks adoring her neck and upper chest where her robe is open slightly.

Varia (walking in stiffly with a smile on her face): Care to share…
Xena (gesturing to the teakettle): Sure.  I thought you fed her dinner. (snickering.)
Varia (wincing as she bent down): I did.  And didn’t you bother feeding Gabrielle.

Xena (smirking): Yep.

Varia (sipping her tea and sitting down gingerly): And I thought Goddess’ didn’t bear marks (trying to stifle her laughter as Xena’s blush.)
Xena (taunting): Not unless we want them to show.  I think it’s best if we leave first thing tomorrow.  That gives us four maybe five days to help them get on their feet.

Varia (thinking): Works for me. 

Xena (looking at her with concern): What’s going on?  (Seeing Varia shrug) come on don’t pull that tough act with me.  What’s going through that mind of yours?
Varia (softly): Nothing, honestly.  Just a case of nerves. 

Xena (shifting forward and nearly biting her lip off not to groan): Varia things will work out.  Have faith in your love and Eve.  Trust me on this.

Varia (shaking her head): Don’t worry she’s safely tucked in my heart Xena.  That’s where she’ll always be (winking at Xena’s grin.)  Eve has some teeth on her, does Gabrielle (ducking at the playful swat.)
Eve (walking out of her and Varia’s room and looking for her partner): Now where would she have gone?
Gabrielle (walking up to her; noticing the slight tension in her daughter’s body and realizing she had some nice marks): Everything ok.
Eve (nodding): Yeah once, I figure out where she went.
Gabrielle (gesturing to the library): I’ll bet they’re in there.  I think it’s kind of cute that where one is the other one isn’t too far behind.  (Leaning against the doorframe as she listened to Varia’s and Xena’s conversation.)

Xena (softly): And speaking of the two troublemakers…
Varia (playfully cowering): Hide me (yelping as she was slapped in an already sore shoulder.)
Eve (kissing her lips softly): Behave.

Varia (leaning back so Eve could get comfortable): Have a seat (nearly coming off the chair as Eve’s warmth and weight settled on tender areas of anatomy.)
Gabrielle (cuddling up to her partner): You all right?
Varia (trying not to squeak): Yeah sure you (noticing Xena’s rigid body) better yet what did you do to her.
Gabrielle (brushing back a strand of dark locks): Nothing she didn‘t enjoy (licking her lips.)

Xena (groaning as Gabrielle wiggled in her lap): Brie…
Gabrielle (innocently): Yes love (winking at Eve who covered her mouth at her mother’s discomfort and trying not laugh at Varia’s obvious discomfort.)  You know you two have to be up in a while.  Why couldn’t you sleep (wiggling around some more.)
Xena (grunting): Brie, so help me.

Eve (teasing her partner): Yeah why can’t you sleep.  I thought I wore you out.
Varia (trying not blush): Eve…
Gabrielle (having mercy on her partner): Please.  It’s nothing we haven’t heard or tried I assure you (leaning back against her partner to find herself sitting on the table and Xena hobbling out of the room as fast as she could go.)  Wonder what that was all about?
Eve (chuckling): I think I have an idea (tormenting her partner to find herself picked up and hoisted over strong shoulders.)  Hey (smacking Varia on the bum) what…
Varia (tightening her hold): We’ll see you both for breakfast.
Gabrielle busted up laughing at hearing Eve scream and Varia laughing.  Then got up and went to find her partner.
Xena sank back into the warm water wincing and cursing.  She loved when Brie got assertive with her but the next few days after she didn’t ride and she could barely walk and wouldn’t change it for anything.

Gabrielle (pushing the door open): I thought I’d find you here (smirking as Xena sank under the water) Xena (reaching in and tugging playfully on her partner’s hair.) 
Xena (coming up for air): Yes (purring seductively; paybacks.) 

Gabrielle (shivering from the low throaty growl): Um uh (strong hands untied the ties to her robe) I already took a bath earlier (playfully struggling against her partner’s grip around her waist.)
Xena (licking her lips at the gorgeous sight of her partner’s naked body; Gabrielle could be covered in a burlap sack and mud and she’d still be the most gorgeous creature on earth): So did I but (pulling her on her lap) it doesn’t matter (brushing her lips against Gabrielle’s softly; teasing.)
Gabrielle (responding to the tender touches and caresses): No, as long as I have you (feeling Xena pushing her hips upward slowly) thought you were sore (tasting Xena’s lips.)
Xena (moaning as her bottom lip was nipped and sucked): Paybacks (caressing her partner’s torso.) 
Gabrielle (moaning): Love you.

Xena (turning with Gabrielle on her lap and pushing her against the tub wall): Forever.
Gabrielle tilted her head back and pushed her body into her partner’s touch, feeling as though it would never be enough.

Aphrodite listened wondering when both her brother and her uncle would get a clue.

Hades (pacing): I don’t understand it.  She’s my daughter and I have a right to walk her in.

Aphrodite (holding up her hand before another tirade happened; this was giving her a headache): Like hello.  You two need to realize they accept that you’re fathers but don’t want interference.  That’s why.

Apollo (defensively): They accept you….

Hades (nodding): He has a point.
Aphrodite (rolling her eye): We’ve had our differences but they’re friends of mine and even though they may not say it, I’m part of their family.  I’ve been there for both of them as they have been for me.  That’s why I helped the little one bring Xena back and brought them here.  And then brought their daughter here as well.  Ok so if you want to be at their ceremony then fine but you two aren’t going to be in it.  And not a word to the little one.

Hades (taking a deep breath): Fine.

Xena walked down the corridor gingerly making mental notes about everything she needed to get done before her and Varia left.  Speaking of which she pushed open the door to their chambers clearing her throat.
Varia (blinking her eyes): Hey (putting a finger to her lips) be out in a bit (softly.)
Xena nodded and left their chambers and went searching for her second in command.

Varia (kissing Eve lightly on the head so as not to wake her): Your mother and I have a lot to do.  I’ll see you later.
Eve (mumbling and squeezing tighter): Love you.

Varia (kissing her lips): Bach atcha, love.  (Getting up proved to be a little difficult; her body ached and she smirked thinking of all the reasons why.  She was so dam lucky to have Eve in her life.  Going into the bathing chamber walking albeit gingerly she drew a hot bath and got ready for the day.)
Xena (writing notes on a piece of parchment): And if the Romans raises another battle, here are two contingency plans for the dead sons and daughters of Greece.  Gabrielle also knows my instructions.

Kelia (nodding): I’ll see to it personally.  And what of your safety my Lord.

Xena (arching her eyebrow): I’ll be fine.  Gabrielle and Eve are to have at least four guards with them at all times.  Unless Aphrodite or Hectate are with them, then (smirking wickedly) double it.  I’ll be back in five maybe six days. 
Patros (reading over the parchment): Then you’re here for a couple of days then off for your honeymoon, right?
Xena (rolling her eyes playfully): You just can’t wait to get rid of me can you.

Lucia (folding his arms across his chest): No.  You’re just in need of some rest (ducking a playful punch.)  Hades (hearing a low keening growl that meant someone was in trouble) well yes but he was never as devoted or hard working as you.  No offense but its different.  Forgive my indiscretions my lord.

Xena (shaking her head): Yeah and I know, I don’t use my powers as much, I hang around the battlefield to much, I do this that and the other too much.  Get used to it things are a lot different around here and that’s the way they will stay.  This place was too lax.  That’s why none of you had any discipline until I showed up.  Now if you’ll excuse me.
Patros (placing a hand tentatively on Xena’s arm): My Lord, it’s not that were complaining it’s just that we’re concerned that’s all. 
Xena (nodding): Noted.  Now you have a lot to do and get ready for. Make sure entrances and exits are guarded or sealed until my return.  That’s all dismissed.

Varia (walking in gingerly): Morning  Lord Xena (trying not to smirk; it was kind of funny if you thought about it but) hey (ducking as a dagger nearly missed her ear.)  Sorry, you’re touchy and I thought our Queen could have (yelping as Xena tackled her and pinned her to the floor before she could move.) 
Xena (playing): Keep it up featherhead and you’ll be sorry.

Varia (laughing and standing): So what’s up for today.

Xena (handing her a stack of parchments): You go see about the training; check those areas out and I need to check on a few detachments.  So we’ll meet back here for lunch and see what else needs to be done.  I want to try and finish up by mid afternoon so we can pack and tend to any other matters that need it (winking.)

Varia (understanding the position and responsibility that Xena was placing on her): As you, wish (mock bowing.)
Xena (growling): Keep it up Varia just keep it up.  Remember you won’t have Eve to protect you.

Gabrielle grumbled searching the bed for her partner; knowing she wouldn’t be there.  But right now after last night, she just wanted to hold her in her arms and never let her go.  These next few days would be hard without her partner and she pulled Xena’s pillow tighter to her chest and went back to sleep.

Varia walked through the large cavern checking off the list in her hands mentally and thinking of her partner.  She would miss her deeply but knew this was important to both of them and she could never abandon the Amazons, especially the ones that cared for her. 

Eve (smiling at the sight of her mother teaching a younger group of guards with patience and understanding): Morning.
Xena (smiling): Afternoon almost.  (Turning her attention back to the group) work on those moves and then your dismissed.)  Varia’s out doing some things for me.  Did you eat?
Eve (shaking her head): Not yet.  Um I wanted to ask you about the ceremony.  The blood bonding part.  What effect will it have on Varia and I.

Xena (thinking): I’m not sure, actually.  When your mom and I did it when I was pregnant for you, it allowed both of us to remain connected when she was in the spirit world fighting Alti.  For you with your Demi God status it could give some powers to Varia or not. 
Eve (wrapping her hand around her mother’s arm): Are you going to do it?  I know you two can feel each other’s emotions; when one is hurting that sort of thing…
Xena (smiling): I am only because I want to do everything to make your mom happy.  I’ll talk to Hectate some more and see what will happen, if anything for you two.  Come on let’s go get some lunch and find your mom.
Gabrielle (walking down the hall and nodding at the guards that greeted her; looking up at one of the newer recruits and trying to remember her name): Danielle, hi, have you seen Xena or Eve or Varia.
Danielle (shaking her head): No my Queen.  But here comes the Lord now.

Gabrielle (turning around): Hey.  I was just looking for you.
Xena (smirking; playfully): You found me, now what?
Gabrielle (laughing; noticing Eve walking up to them): Eve good morning.

Eve (shoving her mother): Morning.  We’re going to get some lunch.  You coming.
Xena (mumbling): She’s always hungry (doubling over in mock pain as Gabrielle smacked her in the stomach.)  What?
Gabrielle (arching her eyebrow): Behave, Goddess.
Xena (licking her lips): You should talk Goddess.
Eve (backing up, knowing that although her parents were playing around she wasn’t to get in between lest she be given a bath or worse): Um I’ll see you (getting yanked back.)
Xena (whispering something in her ear; seeing Eve blush): Down the long corridor near the rock formation. 

Gabrielle (watching Eve walk off; wondering): What did you do?
Xena (wrapping her arm around her shoulder): Nothing.  Just told her where Varia was.
Gabrielle (leaning against her partner’s): And why?  I mean…
Xena (placing two fingers to her lips): Because I have a surprise for you.
Gabrielle (leaning up for a kiss): What type of surprise?
Xena (biting her lip): Well (picking her partner up in her arms) close your eyes.  (When Gabrielle did, she thought of the spot she had picked out and transported them there.)  Ok open them.

Gabrielle (still held in her partner’s arm; smiling at the gorgeous view of a lake and waterfall; trees and many other wonderful sights): Xena when did you…
Xena (carrying over to a large oak tree): I thought we might enjoy a picnic together.  No guards; no distractions.  Just you and I.
Gabrielle (leaning back as she was gently deposited on the blanket): Thank you.  This is wonderful (taking the proffered glass of wine.)  Now how did you arrange all this (licking her lips as her partner removed her sword and weapons?)
Xena (stretching out on the blanket; pulling the large basket of food from behind the tree): I have many skills my love.
Gabrielle (leaning over for a kiss): That you do.  (Kissing her again; feeling the strong hands pull her closer; tenderly caressing her.)
Xena (teasing her lips with a strawberry): Uh huh.  Get something to eat first.  Then we can play.

Gabrielle (pushing her partner’s hand away and pouncing on her): Forget the food.  I’ve got everything I need right here (undoing the ties to Xena’s shirt.)  In fact…
Xena (laughing as she felt small but strong hands tickle her ribs): Yes love (Thinking Brie was going to kill her but what a way to go.)

Gabrielle (panting at the gorgeous sight of her lover; her shirt open; lying there all for her): I think this is one dish I can indulge in over (a sharp nip to Xena’s neck moving lower) and over (kissing her upper chest) and I still can’t get enough (squeezing her lover’s breasts.)
Xena (moaning): Can’t get enough of you either (and lost herself to her partner’s knowing touch.)
Varia (scratching her head): Picnic lunch.  What does she mean by that?  And where am I supposed to get a (tensing briefly before she recognized the touch  and feel of her lover’s hand on her arm.)  Well you’re up.
Eve (arching her eyebrow): I’m up.
Varia (teasingly implying): Um…
Eve (taking her hand): Come with me.  I think I can help answer your question.
Varia (squeezing Eve’s hand in her own; then placing gentle kisses along the back of it): You can, can you.
Eve (gesturing to the spot they were in): Yes.  Look isn’t this beautiful.
Varia (ignoring everything around her): Yes you are.
Eve (laughing): Not me.  Look (the area they were in was similar to what Xena had picked out for her and Gabrielle but they were completely alone.)
Varia (caressing Eve’s face): Not as beautiful as you.

Eve (pulling her over to a large rock formation): Here.  There’s some lunch for us and we have the rest of the afternoon and tonight.  Just us alone.
Varia (kneeling down on the blanket): Aren’t you a little…
Eve (smiling wickedly): I heal quick (leaning forward and stealing a kiss) but don’t’ worry I won’t hurt you much (teasing; implying a long night of pleasure and love.)
Varia (swallowing hard): I love you (pulling Eve into her arms (to hell with it; if she was going to suffer she couldn‘t think of a more pleasurable torment.)

Hectate glancing at two weary; disheveled looking women.

Xena (growling): Not a word Hectate (her throat felt raw and scratchy; she hadn’t slept more than an hour and she had bruises bite marks and scratches on top of the previous ones.)
Varia (stifling a yawn): We going.
Hectate (teasingly): You can heal yourself you know and Varia as well. 
Varia (pinching the bridge of her nose): I swear these next few days are going to be a nightmare.

Xena (pointing her finger at Hectate): I could but I won’t.  So be quiet and get us out of here before they wake up.

Hectate (teasing and raising her hand): And make you both breakfast again.  Tell me Xena how does it feel to be wrapped around a certain blondes little finger (laughing) or Varia one of the toughest warriors I know and Eve has you on your knees (ducking as a fireball nearly missed her head.)
Xena (waving her hand): Keep it up.

Varia (pushing Xena playfully): That’s Gabrielle’s job (doubling over to a sharp elbow to her ribs.)  Hey, watch it. 

Xena (grabbing Varia by her collar): Come on stud.  Hectate when you’re done with your jealous tirade can we get on with it.

Hectate (taking Xena’s arm): I’m not jealous.  Just stating the obvious and you (hearing Xena growl.)  Ok we’re going.  My aren’t we in a mood this morning.

Varia (teasing): She’s always in a mood (struggling as Xena’s tightened her grip on her neck) ok shutting up. 

Hectate used her powers and brought them to the island the Amazons had moved too.  It would be known as the area we know as South America in later years.  For now, it was perfect to rebuild their lives and start over.  Looking around Xena and Varia noticed that the basics were in the process of being set up and they had a routine going.  But there was so much to do.  These next few days were going to long on patience and short on tempers.

To Be Continued
Xena’s Girl

Return to the Academy