A Different Time, A Better Time

By: Adrienne

Disclaimer: Xena and all other characters from Xena: Warrior Princess are not mine, they don’t belong to me. They belong to USA Universal Studios and all those other great people. All of the rest of the characters in this story are mine. There are also a few songs in the story, don’t worry this isn’t a musical. There are just special times, like dancing, when a song is being played. So the songs aren’t mine either.

Sex Warning: Yes there is some sex between a male and female as well as implications towards sex in this story. It wouldn’t be a story with out a little lovemaking. <lol> If you’re not old enough to read it then don’t and if its too much for you, then my apologies, I have a very vivid imagination.

Subtext Warning: There’s a little cursing but nothing to run home and tell mother about. And there is also reference to two women being together. There is no more violence than your regular Xena episode.

Chapter Twelve: The Road Less Traveled

However, that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be traveled

Xena made it back to Marguerite and Clarisse who were on the patio off of the dinning hall, Xena sat down with them and as they talked she was silent as she had things on her mind. “Is something wrong Xena?” Marguerite asked and Xena looked at her and shook her head, “no, I just have some things on my mind,” Xena said and Marguerite nodded. “Would those things be Ulysses?” She asked and Xena let out a breath as she played with the food on her plate, “what do you do, when the one you love most in all the world is hiding a piece of himself from you?” Xena asked and they looked at her, “you try to figure out why he’s hiding it from you.”

Marguerite said and Xena looked at her, “look Xena, we all have a part of ourselves that we hide, mostly because we’re afraid that, that part of us won’t be accepted, that the one you love most in all the world won’t understand. That’s why human beings keep secrets and tell lies,” Clarisse said and Xena thought about that then felt a hand on her arm. “Instead of being upset with him, talk to Ulysses about it but also remember you can’t ask of him what you aren’t willing to give.” Marguerite said and Xena thought about that and they spent the rest of the day hanging out with the women they had hung out with earlier that morning but Xena was beginning to see how some of the women worked and as she listened to them she got in on some of their lives.

After Xena left the archives, Ulysses paced back and forth in the room before he left and headed to find his best friend. He found Virgil in a nearby hall talking to one of the servant girls, “Virgil I need to talk to you,” Ulysses said, “not now,” Virgil said as he smiled at the woman in front of him. Ulysses looked at him then used a word that he knew Virgil would understand, “sharing,” Ulysses said and Virgil stopped talking in mid-sentence and turned and looked at Ulysses who looked back and Virgil let out a breath as he turned and looked at the woman in front of him. “Can I come and find you later?” Virgil asked and she nodded, “I work in the kitchens today,” she said and Virgil nodded then walked over to Ulysses who followed Virgil down the hall and into a nearby closet. “What’s going on?” Virgil asked and Ulysses let out a breath, “I messed up…I messed up bad with Xena,” he said as he ran his fingers through his hair and Virgil let out a breath as he ran his fingers through his hair.

“She found me in the archives and before I knew it, she was kissing me passionately and then she was giving me head and…” Ulysses said then waved his hand in the air and Virgil looked at his friend. “I fail to see where the problem is,” he said and Ulysses looked at his friend, “I let that part of me out that I have been keeping locked up since I’ve met Xena and I swore to myself that I wouldn’t let her know that part until she was ready and believe me, she’s not ready,” Ulysses said. “How do you know that? How do you know she’s not ready and willing to know that part of you?” Virgil asked as he looked at Ulysses, “because she can’t handle it,” Ulysses shouted to his friend and Virgil looked down for a moment before he spoke. “She came to me earlier before she came to you, apparently she had heard some of your past conquests talking while she, my mother and your mother were at the market. They told her you and I use to share women and she asked me if it were true,” Virgil said and Ulysses looked at her.

“What did you tell her?” Ulysses asked, his heart racing as he waited for the answer. “I told her yes,” Virgil said and Ulysses let out a breath as he gripped his hair after running his fingers through it before he bent over as though he were in pain. “Why did you tell her yes?” Ulysses asked, “because it’s true and she has a right to know, Ulysses she believes she can handle this part of you but you have to be willing to give her the chance,” Virgil said and Ulysses shook his head. “She’s not ready,” Ulysses said, “you don’t know that,” Virgil said and Ulysses spun and looked at his friend, “and you do?” He asked and Virgil looked at him, “I tested her,” Virgil said and the next thing he knew he found himself being thrown hard against the wall, with raging eyes looking back at him. “YOU DID WHAT?” Ulysses shouted and Virgil looked into Ulysses’ eyes as he spoke the truth. “I pressed my body against hers and asked her if you came to her tonight saying you wanted me to join you guys, that you wanted me to taste her and take her, what would she say.

She looked into my eyes with such determination and said yes she would be able to handle it and then I leaned in and kissed her.” Virgil closed his eyes in pain as Ulysses slammed him hard against the wall again, “she was hesitant for a minute but she returned the kiss and when it ended I told her we would see,” Virgil said and Ulysses looked at his friend with anger in his eyes. “I can’t believe you did that,” he said, “Ulysses look, you needed to know and if you want to know for sure, you know what has to be done,” Virgil said and Ulysses looked into his eyes as he shook his head. “No, no way in Tartarus am I about to let you have sex with the woman I’m about to marry,” Ulysses said then walked away when Virgil grabbed the arm of his shirt pulling on Ulysses so that he was looking at him. “Ulysses this is a part of yourself, you can not hide from Xena. She is your soul mate and with a connection like that, you’re going to want to share all of yourself with her. Why do you think you lost control so easily today?” Virgil asked and Ulysses let out a breath as he kicked a box that was in front of him.

“I’ll tell you what your problem is, you’ve been hiding this for so long you’re afraid to let this part of yourself out. You’re afraid that she might accept you and that scares the Tartarus out of you because you haven’t had to totally share yourself with anyone like that besides me,” Virgil said and Ulysses looked down as he listened to his friend talk. “But you don’t need to be afraid with her Ulysses, she is a great woman and she loves you, she loves you completely. Trust her, trust her with all of you,” Virgil said and he looked at Ulysses for a moment more before he left the closet and Ulysses continued to stand there as he thought about what Virgil said, kicking the box in front of him again. He left the closet and strolled down the halls as he thought about what everyone, including himself, was saying about the situation.

He went to see someone about something then handled some things and before he knew it, it was time for dinner and he ate dinner with his father and Virgil, the women were no where to be found. They hung out for an hour or two and then Ulysses headed to his bedroom where he saw Xena was just walking into the room, “hey,” he said and Xena turned and grinned at him. “Hey,” she said and before she could get into the door he leaned in and kissed her softly, “what was that for?” Xena asked and Ulysses grinned at her, “I just missed you,” he said and Xena smiled at him as she walked into the room, greeted by Gemini. She headed to the bedroom and when she entered the room she stopped and looked at the bed then looked at Ulysses who was playing with Gemini. “You got a new bed?” Xena asked and Ulysses nodded, “yea,” he said and Xena grinned at him as he walked up to her and she met him half way. “Have I told you how much I love you?” Xena asked and Ulysses grinned at her, “you have,” he said and they leaned in for a soft, passionate kiss and when the kiss ended they looked into each other’s eyes as Xena caressed Ulysses’ cheek.

“I’m going to take a shower,” Xena said and Ulysses nodded and watched as she walked away and headed into the bath chamber. He let out a breath and went into the sitting room where he sat down and thought about the best way to talk to Xena about what happened earlier and what he was keeping from her. As he sat there and thought time passed Ulysses by and before he knew it, it was almost an hour later. He walked back into the bedroom and found Xena sitting on the floor in front of the fire place brushing her wet hair dry, as she looked into the fire. Ulysses changed into his pajama’s then walked over to Xena with a glass of wine, “here,” he said and she looked up at him and grinned as she took the glass from him. “Thanks,” she said and he nodded as he sat down behind Xena, placing his legs on either side of her as he scooted up behind her and Xena took a sip of the wine then sat the glass down.

Ulysses picked up the brush and began brushing Xena’s hair and she let him as she continued to look into the fire and they sat there for a while in silence until Ulysses broke it fifteen minutes later. “I think we should talk about what happened earlier,” Ulysses said softly as he continued to brush Xena’s hair while running his fingers through it. “I don’t think there’s really much to talk about, today I found out that you’re hiding a piece of yourself from me, an important piece I think,” Xena said and Ulysses let out a breath as he stopped brushing Xena’s hair, sat the brush down and wrapped his arm around her as he leaned into her and looked into the fire with her. “I’m sorry Xena, this part of myself, I’ve hidden for so long around certain people that its hard for me to just…let loose,” Ulysses said as he struggled to find the words on how to explain what he was feeling to Xena.

“I want to let you in Xena, I crave for you to know this part of me but I’m afraid…afraid that you won’t like what you see in me and I feel as if you’re not ready.” Ulysses said and Xena turned slightly and looked into his eyes, “you can’t make that decision for me,” Xena said as she looked at him and he looked at her. “And I love everything I see in you Ulysses, even some not so good qualities but loving you, loving all of you is what is meant when they say love a person for who they are, not who you want them to be.” Xena said then placed her hand against his cheek as she continued to speak to him, “I love you Ulysses for who you are, for all of who you are and I don’t want you to be anything that you already aren’t or that you don’t want to be.” Xena said and Ulysses looked away but Xena turned his face back, “there are a lot of things in this world that people want but do you know what I want?”

Xena asked, “what?” Ulysses asked as he looked into her blue depths, “I just want you Ulysses, I just want you, all of you, nothing more and nothing less,” Xena said as she caressed his cheek and as he looked into her eyes he could see that she meant what she was saying. “I just want you,” Xena whispered once more with passion and longing in her voice, as they leaned their foreheads against each other while looking into each other’s eyes. Ulysses closed his eyes as he pulled Xena closer to him while gently rubbing her arm, “open up to me,” Xena said, her words barely audible but Ulysses heard them as though she had shouted them from a mountain top. “It’s not what I can say but what I can do that will open up that part of me,” Ulysses said and Xena nodded. “But not tonight…tonight I just want to be with you,” Ulysses said as he caressed Xena’s cheek while looking into her eyes.

“I just want to hold you and talk to you,” Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes where she could see he needed that and she needed and wanted that as well, so she nodded and that’s what they did, for the rest of the night and into the early morning they stayed up talking about anything and everything. They laughed and clowned around, they held each other and spoke of their dreams and ambitions, it was one of the best nights either one of them had, for instead of making love, they chose to give each other intimacy, something that was most often times taken for granted in relationships because a relationship is nothing if you don’t get to know and continue to know the person you’re in the relationship with.

They had fallen asleep in front of the fire place, the fire and each other’s arms keeping the other warm through the night. When Xena woke, the sun was shining and she stretched some then looked up at Ulysses who was still asleep. She smiled to herself as she remembered last night and at that moment she was so happy and so comfortable, she just caressed Ulysses’ chest and fell back to sleep. When Xena did wake up, Ulysses was no where in sight but she did notice she had been moved to the bed. She laid in bed for a couple of minutes before Gemini jumped onto the bed and Xena played with her before she got up and went to the bath chamber to get herself cleaned up. As she stood in the mirror and looked at herself she looked at the room behind her and all that it held, “I could get use to this,” Xena said to herself then looked down at the ring on her finger.

‘You said you would marry him, so you’re going to have to get use to this,’ Xena thought to herself. “You know, standing there staring at yourself in the mirror isn’t going to make you less beautiful.” Ulysses said as he leaned against the door frame and Xena looked at him, “you’re gorgeous my love, you’re going have to deal with it,” he said with a smile and Xena just grinned as she walked over to him. “Where’s my kiss?” Xena asked as she placed her hands, “and demanding, how I love that,” Ulysses said as he met Xena for kiss, “mmmm,” Xena and Ulysses both moaned and when the kiss ended they grinned at each other. “Where have you been?” Xena asked as they walked back to the bedroom and she began to get dressed seeing as how it was late and she needed to get dressed and also because Ulysses was dressed.

“I went to see about some things,” he said, “I’d like to finish showing you around but first I want to take you somewhere I know you’ll like,” Ulysses said and Xena nodded as she put on a dress. “Okay,” she said and when she was completely dressed and ready to go they left, grabbing an apple to put something in their stomachs. “Ulysses, how big is this palace?” Xena asked and Ulysses grinned as he looked around, “to be honest, I really don’t know, I’m not even sure if I’ve been everywhere in this place; its so old, its been in my family since the beginning of Ithaca’s rule and I believe each generation adds on to the palace, until it has become this size.”

Ulysses said and Xena nodded as they continued walking, “where are we going?” She asked, “you’ll see,” he said. They finally stopped walking when they were on the main floor of the palace, all the way at the end of the east wing where they reached double doors. Ulysses opened the doors and Xena stood there as she looked at the sight before her, “this is the garden,” Ulysses said then took Xena’s hand and led her into the garden. “This is beautiful,” she said as she looked around at the green grass, strong, thick tress that stood tall and were so full of life. There were also a beautiful variety of flowers, streams, small and large ponds and as they walked it seemed as if the garden went on for ever and the birds singing, the wind blowing and the sun shining made the garden peaceful as well as its surroundings.

“I come here some times to think, I think many do,” he said as he and Xena held hands and strolled through the garden. “I can see why, I would come here to think, relax of just for the simple sake of being here and enjoying all that’s around me,” Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he looked at her then looked down. “What?” Xena asked as she looked at him then looked at Gemini who was bouncing around and sniffing everything, “you’re a complex woman,” Ulysses said. “Is that a good or a bad thing?” Xena asked and Ulysses smiled as he picked a yellow carnation and handed it to Xena who smiled as she took it then brought it up to her nose and inhaled its beautiful scent. “It’s a good thing, it’s definitely a good thing,” he said and Xena nodded.

“If it’s such a good thing then why did you mention it?” She asked and Ulysses hunched his shoulders, “I guess I just wanted to see if you knew how complex you were,” he said as he looked at her. “You’re so soft some times and then other times you’re hard,” he said and Xena listened to him as he described to her what he saw in her. “You’re innocent at times but never naïve, you’re intelligent, very intelligent though some times you hide it from people. You’re strong, you’re so strong and at times it’s a great comfort,” Ulysses said and Xena looked at him, “why is that?” She asked and he let out a breath and was silent as they continued to walk, “because at times it lets me know that I don’t have to be strong, that you’ll pick up in strength where I lack in weakness,” Ulysses said and Xena stopped and looked at him, she looked into his eyes as she walked up closer to him placing her hands on his chest.

“In my eyes you aren’t weak, you never have been and you never will be,” Xena said then grinned as she caressed his cheek. “Let me let you in on a little secret,” Xena said then grinned as she looked down for a moment as she thought about her next words. “You came to me at a time in my life when I had given up all hope of ever finding love. I was looking for something in life but I didn’t know what it was until you came into my life, you freed me Ulysses, you freed me in every way imaginable and you opened my eyes and showed me the world. You’re my hero,” she said and Ulysses looked into her eyes then looked down for a moment. “You know that’s strange because I think of you as my hero,” he said as he looked into her eyes and Xena smiled at him.

“That only means that we’re meant for each other because we were meant to save the other from a life of loneliness, heartache and pain,” Xena said and Ulysses smiled and brought her hand up to his lips and kissed the back of it before they continued walking through the garden. “Ulysses will you do something for me?” Xena asked after a while of walking through silence, each in their own thoughts. “Anything, you know that,” he said without hesitation and Xena nodded as they continued to walk. “What is it?” He asked as they came up to pond, “let’s have a seat,” Xena said and they sat by the water’s edge, next to each other, Xena leaning slightly against him and they both looked out at the water. “Describe that part of yourself for me, what it’s like, what you crave and what you do,” Xena said and Ulysses let out a breath. “I don’t know if its something I can put into words,” he said, “try, for me, please,” Xena asked and Ulysses let out another breath as he thought about how he could put it into words.

“You know what it’s like when you go on a ride on Argo. The feeling of passion, of the drive and the feeling of being free yet so high and full of life. Or when you’re training with Athena, you’re going up against a goddess, what do you feel?” Ulysses asked and Xena hunched her shoulders as she thought about it, “I don’t know, extreme fear and excitement, my blood is boiling and even though it’s hard I don’t want to stop because I know the results will lead to something great. Training with Athena, fighting with her just fells me with a fire and power that I didn’t even know could exist, which is strange considering she is more powerful that I could ever dream of, I’m sure she could snap my neck like a twig,” Xena said and Ulysses nodded.

“Well when this part of me takes hold, all of those feeling are in me and they are so…so strong that I sometimes fear it’ll take hold of me and I won’t be able to gain control,” Ulysses said then let out a breath. “Which is why sometimes I asked Virgil to join me,” Ulysses said and Xena looked at him and he looked at her, “I know you talked to him yesterday and…I also know he tested you,” Ulysses said then turned and looked back out at the water and Xena looked at him as if she were staring into his soul. “He’s the only one who really knows all of you,” she said and Ulysses didn’t deny that. “Virgil never judges me, probably because we’re a lot a like,” Ulysses said then tilted his head to the side as he thought about those times. “When I was younger, I was wild, we were wild and we went out like crazy. Every night, it was a different place and a different woman, sometimes more than one woman,” he said and Xena nodded as she listened to that.

“So you had two women?” She asked, “sometimes two, sometimes three, it depended on what mood I was in but it never went pass three,” he said. “You talk about power,” he said as he looked at Xena and she looked back at him, “the power that came from that was amazing. It was as if I could read their minds and I knew everything that they wanted and I exploited that until I had what I wanted and when they begged me for more, when they couldn’t get enough…” Ulysses said then shook his head then tilted his head back and smiled as he remembered that feeling and Xena watched him and she wasn’t appalled by what she saw, in fact she was fascinated by what she was seeing in him, what she could feel through their connection. Ulysses could feel Xena staring at him and he looked at her, afraid that he would see repulsion in her eyes but all he saw was extreme amounts of love, acceptance and understanding.

He grinned as he looked at her, “you’re not repulsed by this, by me, by this part of me and what I like and how I feel,” he stated as a matter of fact and Xena grinned at him. “No I’m not, I told you I wanted to know all of you and this part of you is interesting and exciting,” she said and Ulysses smiled at her. “Tell me more,” she said and Ulysses nodded, “well, I didn’t sleep with any kind of woman. Depending on the mood I was in, that’s the kind of woman I looked for but most of the time I looked for women who had a passion for life in them, especially the ones who thought they couldn’t be controlled by that passion,” he said, “and you showed them that they could indeed be controlled by it, that you would control it,” Xena said and Ulysses nodded.

“Some were good, some were okay and some were fantastic, those who were fantastic I saw more than once and asked Virgil to join me until I eventually tired of them and found someone new.” He said and Xena nodded, “then I looked for the innocents who thought they were bad or thought they could be bad so I gave them that choice.” He said, “sometimes you found that in whores?” Xena asked and Ulysses shook his head and looked at her, “whores, never whores. You’ll learn that here there’s a classification for everything. Whores are for the peasants or the occasional man or woman who gets rich and has money to throw around. There are working girls for the middle class, escorts for the upper class, those who are a little under being a nobleman. Then there are courtesans, for the highest nobility and my father does have a harem but it’s not for his use but rather for the use of those who don’t want to pay for the sake of company and the kings who come to visit and get lonely.”

Ulysses said and Xena nodded, “they may be classified with different names but they’re all the same,” Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he raised an eyebrow at that. “Some would tell you that’s not true, each one holds themselves differently and the cost for their company goes up, extremely,” Ulysses said and Xena chuckled at that. “So, what is Angel?” Xena asked and Ulysses looked at her, “I haven’t heard that name in a while,” he said, “I met her yesterday in the market, she clued me in on the fact that you were hiding a piece of yourself from me,” she said and Ulysses nodded. “Angel,” he said then grinned and chuckled to himself a little bit as he thought about her, “Angel is a courtesan of the highest standard yet she’s not, shall we say, blind to the fact that she is what she is…a whore,” Ulysses said and Xena nodded.

“But she is a great and beautiful woman and extremely great at what she does,” he said, “tell me about her, about you and her,” Xena said and Ulysses looked at her then let out a breath. “I had heard that Angel was the best but she was hard to get to but when I’m determined I find a way. I had seen Angel around and the thing that drew me to her the most was that she was a real woman in every sense of the word. Fiery, feisty, intelligent, bold and beautiful as well as very talented. She had that passion I had seen in most women but hers was ten fold and I was determined to capture that passion,” he said as he held out his hand, “in the palm of my hand, molding it into what I wanted it to become,” he said then closed his eyes and smiled as he remembered his first time with Angel.

“I was young but far from being inexperienced and Angel might have seen a lot, might have done a lot but I knew she wasn’t prepared for that night with me. She prided herself on being the one who was always in control, no matter what it was or who it was, she was going to be in control. I touched, kissed and caressed her body that night like no man ever had and by the time I was done I had that passion in my hand and she was begging me not to stop, she wanted more and I happily gave it to her. I will admit that it wasn’t easy, she was a real challenge but I enjoyed every moment of it and I knew she enjoyed it as well,” Ulysses said then opened his eyes and looked at Xena who looked back at him as she ran her fingers through his hair.

“Did you ask Virgil to join you?” Xena asked and Ulysses nodded, “I did and it was great,” he said, “she also brought one of her friends with her and that was enjoyable too.” Ulysses said and Xena nodded and they were silent for a couple of minutes as they both thought to themselves. “Will you ask these things of me? Will you one day want Virgil to join us?” Xena asked and Ulysses looked at her, “no,” he said flat out, “why not?” Xena asked as she looked at him and he looked away, “tell me why? Why won’t you let me in to this part of yourself?” Xena asked and Ulysses looked at her, his eyes so serious, “I’ll let you in to every other part of this part of myself, the sex, the games, the foreplay, the positions but this is a part you will not know…you won’t.” He said with conviction in voice then stood and Xena stood right after him, “why not?”

She asked as she grabbed his arm and he spun around and looked at her, “because I am a possessive man and I love you, I love you with all my heart, body and soul, with every fiber of my being, I love you like I have never loved another and never will love another and for that reason, I am very possessive when it comes to you.” Ulysses said as he looked at Xena and she saw the passion in his eyes at behind what he was saying and what he meant. “Answer me this Xena, are you mine?” He asked her and she looked into his eyes, “yes, I’m yours, utterly and completely,” she said and Ulysses nodded. “And I am yours completely and just as you wouldn’t want me to be with another woman, I don’t want you to be with another woman or man.” Ulysses said, “let’s just leave it at that,” he said and Xena looked at him and nodded.

“Fine, I just wanted to know and now I do,” she said and Ulysses looked at her, “and…” he said then cleared his throat. “And none of this bothers you?” He asked and Xena shook her head, “nope,” she said then walked up to him, “let me be honest with you,” she said. “Please,” he said as he leaned against a tree and Xena continued to walk up to him. “What happened yesterday in the archives, shocked me at first but then I…” she said as she placed her hands on his chest and looked into his eyes. “Yes?” He asked, “I enjoyed it,” she said and Ulysses chuckled as he leaned into her, “well if you enjoyed that, you’ll definitely enjoy what’s to come,” he said and Xena smiled then moaned as Ulysses kissed her softly but passionately. “Have I told you lately how much I love you?” Ulysses whispered to Xena who grinned as she caressed his cheek, “yea but I still like to hear it,” she said then leaned in and kissed him.

“I love you,” he said when the kiss ended and Xena smiled, “let’s keep walking,” Xena said and Ulysses smiled as they continued walking through the garden and when it came time for lunch they stayed there and had a picnic. When they were finished, Xena leaned against the tree and Ulysses was laying down with his head in Xena’s lap as she ran her fingers through his hair. “So do you like it here so far?” Ulysses asked as he looked up at her and Xena grinned down at him, “yea, it’s really beautiful here and the people that I’ve met haven’t been too bad,” Xena said. “But the women that I met yesterday want to think of me as a clueless village girl, when I get the opportunity, I’ll show them differently,” Xena said with a grin and a twinkle of mischief in her eyes and Ulysses chuckled at her before he turned on his side and cuddled to her.

“They asked me how you were in bed,” Xena said as she caressed his cheek and Ulysses looked up at her, “that’s because they don’t know,” he said and Xena nodded. “I figured that and I rubbed it in their faces,” she said with a smile and Ulysses smiled back. “What did you tell them?” He asked as he caressed her stomach, “what do you think? I told them you were great which you are,” she said and Ulysses just grinned. “Why haven’t you slept with them?” Xena asked and Ulysses just cuddled closer, “too much drama, those women live, breathe and eat on their gossip and anyone else’s. If I would have slept with one of them my business would have been all over the palace the next day,” he said and Xena smiled as she leaned down and placed a kiss on his cheek.

“It doesn’t really get cold out here for the winter, does it?” Xena asked as she looked around, “it can, sometimes we get snow but since we live around water it’s the cold wind that we get the most.” He said and Xena nodded, “do you know in three months we’re going to be married?” Xena asked with a grin and Ulysses smiled up at her, “yea and I can’t wait,” he said and Xena’s grin turned into a smile. “Neither can I,” she said then leaned down and kissed him softly and when the kiss ended they just laid there and talked for a while longer before they both got comfortable and dosed off.

They woke up an hour later and Ulysses sat up and ran his hands over his face then stood and stretched. “That was a great nap,” he said as he reached his hand down to help Xena up and she took it and smiled at him as she stood. “Yes it was,” she said as she stepped into his arms then ran her hands over his chest before she leaned in and kissed him softly. “But you know what would have made it better?” Xena asked after the kiss ended, “what?” Ulysses asked as she ran his fingers through her hair while looking into her eyes, “if we had made love under this tree,” Xena said with a smile and Ulysses smiled back as he looked into her eyes. “Are you ready for that, can you surrender to me, to your passion and your lust in that way?” Ulysses asked and Xena looked into his eyes as she fiddled with his shirt.

“I don’t know about surrendering to my passion and my lust but I could surrender to you in that way, I could surrender to our love,” she told him and he looked into her eyes and smiled as he leaned his forehead against hers. “Moments such as these let me know that I made the right choice when I asked you to marry me,” Ulysses said and Xena grinned then leaned in and kissed him softly but passionately. When the kiss ended they continued to look into each other’s eyes, “we’ll do it when the moment hits us,” Ulysses said and Xena nodded, “and when that day comes, we’re going to make passionate love under this tree then carve our names into the tree and from that moment on, it’ll be our spot,” Xena said with a grin and Ulysses just looked at her as she smiled.

“It’ll be our spot,” he said as he looked at Xena and he just stared at her for a couple of moments while she looked out at the beautiful scenery. “What?” Xena asked when she felt Ulysses staring at her, “you’re just so beautiful and not just on the outside but on the inside as well,” he said and Xena blushed a little as she looked down. “I look at you and I can see inside of you, I see a wonderful, loving woman, who loves me with all her heart, unconditionally, you want nothing from me but my love and that amazes me so much,” Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes as she caressed his cheek and he leaned into her caress. “Why does that amaze you? That’s what loving someone unconditionally means,” Xena said, “that’s what makes our love so strong,” Xena said then smiled at Ulysses as she looked into in his eyes and he looked into hers.

And at that moment he felt so much love for her, so much that it overwhelmed him a bit as he cleared his throat and looked down but Xena raised his head and continued to look into his eyes. “Just let it embrace you,” she told him and he looked at her and took her advice then leaned in and kissed her passionately, he kissed her so passionately that she inhaled through her nose to get some air in. “Mmmm,” Xena moaned as she wrapped her arm around Ulysses’ shoulder while she ran her fingers through his hair and when the kiss ended they leaned their foreheads against each other. “I love you so much,” Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she continued to caress his cheek, “and I love you, I don’t think you’ll ever truly know how much, just know that you are my world,” Xena said then leaned in and kissed him softly.

“Where to now?” Xena asked and Ulysses let out a breath and looked at her, “anywhere you want to go,” he said and she smiled at him. “Well, this may be a little unusual for a future princess but…” Xena started saying and Ulysses grinned at her because he knew her like he knew the back of his hand. “You want to go to the training grounds and do some sparring,” he said and Xena grinned and nodded. “No problem, let’s go,” he said and from there they left and headed to the training grounds. Once they were there they walked off to the side so that they weren’t in the way and Xena watched the men as they trained, she watched their techniques and their moves. “My lord, is there something I can do for you?”

Gregory asked as he approached Ulysses who grinned at him then shook his hand, “no Gregory, I’m just showing Xena around,” he said and Gregory looked at him a little strangely. “But the training grounds my lord?” He asked and Ulysses grinned at him while Xena rolled her eyes, “the training grounds Gregory, all women aren’t helpless you know,” Ulysses said and Gregory nodded. “Forget it Ulysses, he’s never going to believe you, why don’t we just show him,” Xena asked with a twinkle in her eyes and Ulysses grinned. “I’m up for it if you are,” he said and Xena smiled at him, “choose your poison,” she said and Ulysses’ eyes lit up as well. “A sword is as good as any,” he said and Xena nodded her head.

“Clear the field Gregory,” Ulysses said, “but my lord…” Gregory began and Ulysses looked at him. “That wasn’t a suggestion,” he said to the older man, whom he had known since he was a child. “Trust me,” Ulysses said as he looked into his eyes and Gregory looked back and nodded then yelled for the grounds to be cleared. Xena stepped off to the side out of sight, “Athena I need some relaxing clothes,” Xena said and without a response Athena dressed Xena in a pair of leather shorts, that came mid thigh and a blue sleeveless shirt that fell just to the top of the shorts and there was a cut over her chest. When she was ready she stepped onto the training grounds and Gregory handed her a sword and she thanked him for it.

The men that had been training before, were now off to the side and Ulysses stood in the middle warming up and Xena approached him. “You ready?” He asked her with a grin and Xena grinned back as she flipped the sword in her hand, “are you?” She asked with a fire in her eyes that Ulysses had come to love and from that point on there were no more words spoken. Xena attacked first and so they began sparring, then men on the side couldn’t believe what they were seeing. This woman, their soon to be princess was fighting their prince and she was a good fighter, perhaps better than most of them. They couldn’t believe her moves and how fast she could move as well as how complex some of her moves were.

They had been going at it for forty five minutes and everyone, even Gregory was engrossed in their sparring. Up on the hill that looked down at the training area, Camilla and Victoria had been out for a ride when they heard the commotion and decided to see what was up. When they got there they couldn’t believe their eyes, “she can fight,” Victoria said as they watched. They watched as Xena moved so fast she disarmed Ulysses and now had two swords and without further hesitation she swung at him and he jumped back. “Quite well it seems,” Camilla said as she watched the move Xena just did. “My lord,” a soldier cried as he threw him a sword and Ulysses caught it just in time to block one of Xena’s attacks, “I think you were holding back the last time we sparred,” Ulysses said with a grin and Xena smiled back as she raised an eyebrow at him.

“Perhaps,” she said and Ulysses laughed as they continued to spar. “Come on my love, keep up,” Xena taunted Ulysses and he came at her hard and fast and Xena grinned as she returned the favor until twenty minutes later, Ulysses found himself on his back looking up at the sky. Xena walked over to him and looked down at him, “are you okay?” She asked and Ulysses nodded as he continued to lay there, “yea…yea I’m just looking at the sky,” he said and Xena grinned as she stooped down next to him. “Come on, I didn’t kick you that hard,” she said and Ulysses smiled at her then took her hand and pulled her down on top of him and she laughed at him. “You sneak,” she said and Ulysses smiled then leaned up and kissed her softly.

“Well I figured if my wife to be was going to beat the pulp out of me, I might as well get something good out of it,” Ulysses said and Xena smiled down at him then stood and helped him up as well. “See Gregory, what did I tell you…” Ulysses said as he stretched then winced as he popped something back into place. “Nothing to worry about, Xena can take care of herself,” Ulysses said and Xena smiled at him. “My lady, where did you learn how to fight like that?” Gregory asked and all the men were interested as well, “I use to clown around with my brothers, here and there I suppose,” Xena said as she hunched her shoulders. “She’s being modest,” Ulysses said and Xena looked at him, “tell them, you’re not in Amphipolis, trust me,” Ulysses said and Xena looked at him then back at Gregory.

“I suppose it also helps that I’m Athena’s chosen,” Xena said and Gregory’s eyes widened in surprise. “Really?” Gregory asked as he looked at Ulysses then back to Xena, “truly my lady, are you really chosen by the goddess?” The guard named Milo Xena had previously met, asked and she grinned and nodded, “then it is truly an honor,” he said as he bowed his head in respect then took Xena’s hand and kissed the back of it. And Xena looked at him then at the other men who had their heads bowed in respect and then she looked at Ulysses for an explanation, “Athena is the main goddess we worship here on Ithaca,” he said and Xena grinned at him. “We would be honored if you showed us a couple of things,” Gregory said and Xena looked at him then at Ulysses. “Its up to you,” he said and Xena looked back at the men, “I would love that,” she said and they all smiled and grinned.

“How about tomorrow?” Milo asked and Xena smiled at him, “as long as I don’t have anything else to do, that’s fine,” she said and with that, she and Ulysses left the training grounds and Xena was happy that she had finally found a place that accepted her for her, well sort of anyway, when it came to the soldiers, they were grateful and excited that she was Athena’s Chosen now what would they others think. As far as she was concerned, that was a problem for another day, as far as she was concerned this was a happy day and much had been accomplished. Once they left the training grounds, Xena changed back into her former clothes and Ulysses continued to show her around, the last place he took her before they would have to get cleaned up for dinner was down to the treasure room.

The treasure room was located in the basement if you will and it was heavily guarded. “This vault in the middle is the main vault, used mainly for dealings with Ithaca,” Ulysses said and Xena nodded as she got a look at the thick, solid, heavy door and the locks on the door and she would come to see that it was the same for all the doors to the vaults, the only difference was two guards stood guard at the main vault while one guard stood guard at the others; this particular level was dedicated to the vaults and whatever treasures that inhabited the palace. “There are three people and only tree people with a key to the main vault, my father, the treasurer, whose name is Denmark and Lucius since he’s head advisor. There are no extra keys and no molds to make extra keys,” Ulysses said then explained how opening the vault worked. “As you can see there are three locks on the door, one on each side and one in the middle. These guards,” Ulysses said as he nodded to the guards, “hold a key to the side they’re assigned to and say my father came down here to get some money.

All three of them would have to put the keys in and they would have to turn them all at the same time, if you don’t the door doesn’t open,” Ulysses said and Xena nodded. “That’s very ingenious,” she said and Ulysses nodded, “it took some coming up with, Ithaca is known by word of mouth to be a wealthy island, so you can imagine all of the pirates and bad elements we’ve had trying to break in here and steal what they can, that’s why the security is so tight down here. Also at the main door before you come down the stairs, as you may have noticed, there are two guards standing guard and there is also a parchment where you sign in and the guards monitor how long someone stays in here.” Ulysses said and Xena nodded, “what happens if all three keys are lost?”

Xena asked, “the locks on the door have to be removed, because they were specially made. New, specialized locks will be made as well as new keys,” he said and Xena nodded and they walked down a little bit when they reached the next vault, “this vault belongs to my father and mother. Opening it, works basically the same way, except there’s just one guard, you don’t really need all the extra security, my father and mother are the only one’s with keys and the same thing that applies to the main vault applies to all the others,” Ulysses said and Xena nodded and they walked to the next vault. “This is my vault,” Ulysses said then pulled out his key and nodded to the guard who pulled out his key and put it in the lock and Ulysses put his in the other lock. They looked at each other and simultaneously turned the key until the vault unlocked.

They both pulled their keys free and the guard pulled the door open and Ulysses took Xena’s hand and led her into his vault. She looked around at the coins, jewels and such. She walked over to a jade stone, marveling at its beauty and Ulysses walked up to her and she looked at him. “This is beautiful,” she said as she looked back down at it and he grinned at her, “it’s yours,” he said and Xena smiled at him. “That’s nice Ulysses but what would I do with it,” she said as she sat it back down on a shelf that held many jewels. “This is yours,” Ulysses said as he handed Xena the key and she looked at it then at him, “I can’t,” she said and he grinned as he placed his hand on her cheek. “You can,” he said then placed the key in her hand.

“We are each given two keys to our own vaults, in case we loose one key or if we see fit to bestow the other on someone whom we trust,” Ulysses said. “And I trust no one more than I trust you, so who better to give my other key to than the woman I love, the woman I’m about to marry,” Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she looked at him. “My money, is your money now,” he said then leaned in and kissed her softly and when the kiss ended, Ulysses lead Xena over to a series of trunks. “Use the key to open the trunk,” Ulysses said and Xena did as he said and unlocked the trunk and he opened it to revel, coins, more than the eyes could count. “All of these trunks around this room are filled with money, few with jewels,” Ulysses said.

“You can use this money, your money for whatever Xena, you don’t need to ask me for permission, all I ask is that you keep a record of what you take out, and how much you spend, just so we can keep track,” Ulysses said and Xena nodded then looked at him. “So what you’re saying is that this is my money too and I can spend it on whatever I want?” Xena asked and Ulysses nodded then laughed as Xena hugged him and knocked him over so that he was laying on the fur covered floor. “Thank you,” she said as she leaned down and kissed him and Ulysses moaned as he ran his fingers through her hair. “But I don’t need all of this money, nor do I want it, I just need and want you, just you,” Xena said and Ulysses smiled as he rolled Xena over onto her back and she laughed before they were involved in a passionate kiss.

“Hey Jason,” Ulysses called to the guard outside of the door, “my lord?” He answered as he poked his head into the room, “close the door and ignore the cries you’re going to hear,” Ulysses said with a grin and Jason grinned as he bowed his head. “Yes my lord,” he said then closed the door, leaving them in total darkness. “I can’t see anything,” Xena said, “give me a minute,” Ulysses said as he crawled off of her and went and lit two torches. With the torches lit the room sparkled with the reflections of the jewels that were all around and it was an absolutely amazing sight. “Wow, its like star gazing without the stars,” Xena said as she looked up at the ceiling and around the room, while Ulysses was busy rummaging through a box.

When he was done he made his way back over to Xena and lay down on his side next to her and without any words he leaned in and kissed her passionately. They laid there for a half an hour, passionately kissing and caressing each other, slowly ridding themselves of their clothes which was nothing more than a hindrance to them. When Xena lay beneath Ulysses naked, he ended a very passionate kiss and they looked into each other’s eyes as Xena caressed his cheek. “I have something for you,” he said then picked up a necklace with a pink, tear drop diamond on the end. He held it up for her to see and she watched as it sparkled, “its beautiful,” Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he placed it over her head then leaned in and passionately tasted her lips.

As they continued to kiss Xena rolled Ulysses onto his back and after a couple of minutes she ended the kiss then reached over into the open chest and pulled out a hand full of coins and she looked into Ulysses’ eyes as she dropped them onto his chest and he smiled at her and looked at the diamond nestled comfortable between her breast. She rubbed the coins all over and they smiled at each other before she leaned down and resumed their kissing. Soon Ulysses rolled Xena onto her back and began kissing his way down her body, paying special attention to her breasts, “I love your breast,” he said as he caressed the globe then leaned down and sucked on the nipple. “Ummm,” Xena moaned as her body arched into him and she ran her fingers through his hair.

He spent ten minutes on Xena’s breasts then continued on his journey down and once he was between her legs, he went all out. “Unnngh,” Xena moaned as her body arched and when she opened her eyes she just looked at the walls with the beautiful colors of the jewels reflecting on them. “Mmmm,” Ulysses moaned as he tasted what she had to offer, “Unnnngh…Ahhhh,” she cried out as he sucked on a particular sensitive spot. “Ooohh…something new,” Ulysses said with a grin and Xena smiled back then cried out as he went back to that spot and tested it for all it was worth. “Unnnghh…don’t stop,” Xena moaned as she bit down on her bottom lip while trying to pull Ulysses closer. He took her hands from his hair and pinned them to the ground as he pushed into her and went all out; Xena was crying out and her body was constantly arching off the ground as she tried her best to grind herself into Ulysses’ mouth.

He eventually let her hands go and held her hips still, determined that he was going to be the one in control. When he sucked on her clit she just looked up at the ceiling with her mouth wide open and her legs began to quiver and soon whimpers were leaving her mouth. When he had finally had his fill he kissed his way back up, spending another ten minutes on her breasts before he was looking into her eyes and they shared a passionate tasting of lips. As they kissed Ulysses posed himself at her entrance and pushed in, “Unnngh,” they both moaned when the kiss ended and they looked into each other’s eyes before they started the kiss up again. They began to make love, rolling around the room, smiling at each other as they shared passionate kisses and caresses, one never wanting to let the other go.

When Xena was on top she rode Ulysses, with adding her own twist to it. Her hands were on his chest and her head was tilted back as she rode him hard and deep and Ulysses was the one who was moaning non stop now. “Unnnn…Unnnn,” he moaned as he caressed her thighs and hips. After a while, he ended back on top as usual and he thrust smooth and gentle yet deep into Xena as they kissed. Forty-five minutes to an hour later, they released and now they lay on the floor, naked in each other’s arm. “Did you bring me here for this?” Xena asked as she looked up at Ulysses and he grinned down at her, “no,” he said with laughter in her voice. “But if I had it was a damn good idea,” he said and Xena smiled as she leaned in and kissed her and when the kiss ended she let out a breath and laid her head down on his shoulder while she caressed his chest.

They laid there for about twenty minutes then they got up and dressed. “Here,” Xena said as she prepared to take the necklace off, “nope,” he said as he took her hands away from it. “It was a gift from me to you,” he said then pulled her to him, “besides it looks absolutely gorgeous on you, especially when we made love,” Ulysses said and Xena smiled as she leaned in and kissed him. “Don’t we have to get cleaned up for dinner?” She asked and Ulysses nodded and from that point on they left the vault, Ulysses winked at Jason who winked back at him. “What was that about?” Xena asked as they walked up the stairs, “what was what about?” He asked innocently as he signed his name to the parchment, “that wink you and Jason shared,” Xena said as they went up more stairs then headed to their chambers.

“Oh that,” he said, “yes that,” Xena said as she held onto his arm and Ulysses grinned as he looked at her. “It was just a guy thing,” he said and Xena nodded. “Nothing for you to worry about,” he said as he spun her around and Xena smiled at him, “I’m sure,” she said and they continued to the room and once they were there, Ulysses pulled out key. “This is your key,” he said and Xena grinned as she looked at him, “well aren’t I a lucky girl, I’m just getting keys left and right to things,” Xena said as she opened the door and Ulysses chuckled as he walked into the room. They both got cleaned up, they put on some fresh clothes and by the time they were done they headed to the dinning hall, where mostly everyone was already there.

“So what did you guys do today?” Marguerite asked her son, “I continued to show Xena around,” Ulysses said, “was that before or after you and Xena had a go or whatever on the training field?” Camilla asked and Ulysses looked at his sister, “you just love our daily disagreements, is that it?” Ulysses asked and before anyone knew it they were going back and forth, talking at the same time, the whole kit and caboodle. “Hey, Hey,” Xena said as she looked at Ulysses then at Camilla, Marguerite just shook her head and Julian sat there trying to figure out who was saying what. “What is it with you guys?” Xena asked, “She started it,” “He started it,” they both said at the same time and everyone found that hard not to smile and chuckle at.

“I did not,” they said together again, “stop that,” and it was becoming so funny that Xena was finding it hard not to laugh and they started bickering again. “Alright enough,” Xena said and they both looked at her, “you guys remind me of me and my brothers,” Xena said with a grin and she recalled all the arguments they used to get in. “Camilla if you disagree with my fighting just say so, don’t beat around the bush, I don’t have the patience for that kind of thing,” Xena said to her and Camilla looked at her. “Fine I don’t like you fighting…its wrong,” she said, “why is it…” Ulysses started to ask but Xena held up her hand silencing him and Marguerite and Julian grinned at that. “It’s only wrong because you think its not lady like, trust me, whatever your about to tell me I’ve heard it all before, and frankly I don’t care anymore, this is who I am, deal with it,” Xena told Camilla who looked at her.

“If you’re jealous and you want Xena to teach you Camilla all you had to do was ask,” Ulysses said with a grin and Xena hit him on his arm. “What?” He asked and she looked at him with stern eyes, “stop teasing your sister, we women have enough to go through without men constantly throwing things back in our faces,” Xena said and Ulysses opened his mouth to say something then closed it when he thought better of it. “But,” he said after a minute and Xena looked at him and he let out a breath, “fine,” he said in a pouting voice and Xena grinned as she leaned in and kissed his pouting lips. “Man you’re whipped,” Virgil said with a smug grin on his face and Ulysses kicked him under the table, “you should be so lucky,” Ulysses said then grinned as Xena poured him a glass of wine then placed her arm around his shoulder before she leaned in and placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Virgil could you pour me some wine?” Camilla asked and he grinned as he looked at her, “sure,” he said then picked up the bottle and filled her glass half way. “Thanks,” she said and he grinned and nodded at her, “you’re welcome,” he said and Ulysses looked at them. “Hey,” he called and Virgil looked at him, “don’t go making any of your moves on my sister,” he said and Virgil shook his head, “I…I wasn’t doing that,” he stammered, “honestly Ulysses, what a guy can’t be a gentleman without making a move on me?” Camilla asked and Ulysses looked at his sister, “you’re trying to bait me but I’m not going to let you,” Ulysses said and Xena chuckled at them. “Besides even if Virgil were making his moves on me, for one they wouldn’t work because I know how he is and for another I’m currently seeing someone,” Camilla said and everyone looked at her.

“Oh, who is he and when are we going to meet him?” Julian asked his daughter, “his name is Bernard,” Camilla said. “Kristy and Manuel’s son?” Marguerite asked and Camilla nodded, “I don’t think so,” Ulysses said and Camilla rolled her eyes at her brother. “Whatever Ulysses,” she said, “no not whatever, Camilla, Bernard has a habit a very bad habit of putting his hands on women,” Ulysses said and Camilla looked at him. “Then it seems you and he share the same problem,” she smartly replied, “not in that way Camilla and you know that’s not what I meant,” he said and Camilla let out a breath. “I know what you meant and I’m not stupid, I’ve checked him out for myself and I’ve found him to be a decent man,” she said and Ulysses was about to say something when Xena placed her hand on his arm and he looked at her.

“It’s her life, let her live it as she sees fit,” Xena said, “thank you Xena,” Camilla said and Xena nodded. “But be careful, people aren’t always what they seem,” Xena said and Camilla nodded. Ulysses didn’t like that and when dinner was over and they were on their way back to their room, he expressed it as so. “How can you tell me to leave it alone, it’s her life and I should let her live it how she sees fit?” Ulysses asked, “because Ulysses just think about it, in some ways Camilla is like you. When someone tells you not to do something that’s like them challenging you to do it anyway. So you were going to forbid her from seeing this guy but she was going to do it anyway.”

Xena said and Ulysses let out a breath, “but Xena he’s no good for her,” he said and Xena stopped him and looked into his eyes. “She’s your sister, what man is going to ever be good for her for you?” Xena asked and Ulysses looked at her and let out a breath, “I just want her to be safe, I just want to protect her,” Ulysses said as they continued walking and Xena nodded as she took his hand. “I know, its your instinct as her older brother to want to protect her but she’s a grown woman Ulysses and you have to let her live her life, the way she sees fit and be confident in the fact that if she’s in trouble, if she needs your help then she’ll come to you for it but until that happens you can’t continue to try and control her, you’re not her father and even if Julian tried…” Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he finished the rest, “it still wouldn’t work,” he said and Xena grinned.

“Exactly,” she said, “you’re an intelligent man Ulysses and I’m sure you can keep and eye on this Bernard person, without him or her knowing,” Xena said and Ulysses grinned at Xena. “What would I do without you?” He asked and Xena smiled, “you’d be lost,” she said and Ulysses laughed at that, “no doubt my love, no doubt,” he said. When they made it to their room, they took a nice hot relaxing bath together, then got in bed and cuddled while they talked about any and everything, sharing a few kisses and caresses in between before they fell asleep. The rest of the week passed and Ulysses continued to show Xena around and unfortunately after that week was over, his father was harassing him about work that needed to be done and Marguerite was beginning to harass Xena about wedding preparations, mostly sending the invitations out and things like that; so things really began for them both but they still found time for each other, they always would.

Two months passed and they were now in full blown winter mode now and while Ulysses went to work with his father, Xena mostly hung around with Marguerite and Clarisse to get the hang of things. She also had some things she had to read, it was mostly Ithacan law, traditions and such, this was one of her requirements before she and Ulysses got married. When she wasn’t spending time with them or with Ulysses, she spent time training with Athena, most of the palace by now, having known that she had fighting skills, great fighting skills, that she was Athena’s chosen. As Ulysses has spoke of, there was intense wind but as of lately they had been getting some snow and with weather conditions not really all that good, that meant Ulysses was working late and they didn’t really spend that much time together, although he made the effort to spend every spare minute he had with her.

So when the evening was over, Ulysses always came back to the room, to a warm and loving environment, a warm bed and waiting and loving arms, along with hot food to go along with all of that. “How was your day?” Xena asked Ulysses as he walked into the bedroom and he let out a breath as he threw documents down on the desk then sat down in the chair. “You know, my father just works on my everlasting nerves sometimes,” Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she sat down next to him. “I’m telling him one thing, he’s telling me another because he doesn’t want to hear what it is I have to say, so I just let him have his way,” Ulysses said then leaned his head back and rubbed his forehead with his temples.

“Running a kingdom isn’t easy,” Xena said as she ran her fingers through his hair and Ulysses grunted at that, “especially when the King and Prince are so much alike,” Ulysses said and Xena grinned at him. “At least you see that,” Xena said and Ulysses let out a breath and looked at Xena who had her robe on and her hair down and freshly brushed since she had just finished a bath not too long ago. “Come here,” he said as he took her hand and she grinned as she straddled his lap and Ulysses wrapped his arms around her as he looked into her eyes. “I missed you today,” he said and Xena smiled as she ran her fingers through his hair, “I missed you too,” she said and Ulysses let out a breath as he pulled Xena closer to him and he leaned into her and inhaled her scent. “Mmmm…you smell good,” he said and Xena grinned as she placed a kiss on the side of Ulysses’ face.

“What did you do all day?” Ulysses asked and Xena looked at him, “wedding stuff,” she said then reached over to the small table and grabbed two pieces of cloth, both different colors. “Which one do you like?” She asked and he looked at them, “for what?” He asked, “apparently, according to your mother, I need a color for the table cloths,” Xena said and Ulysses rolled his eyes and looked at the sky blue material then the wine red one. “I like this one,” he said as he caressed the red one and Xena grinned, “that’s one I picked too,” she said then let out a breath. “Those two colors are the colors for our wedding, especially the cake,” Xena said as she looked at them, “I think,” she said and Ulysses grinned at her then took the fabrics and sat them back down on the table.

“You want to do me a favor?” Ulysses asked, “anything,” Xena replied without hesitation. “Caress my chest for me, it relaxes me and right now I need to be relaxed,” he said and Xena grinned, “not a problem,” she said then unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it out of his pants. She opened it until his chest was bare and then she softly ran her hands over his chest, caressing it like he had asked her to. “Ummm,” Ulysses moaned and he leaned his head back and relaxed and Xena continued to caress his chest, massaging him in places that she thought he needed and by his moans he did, since he was so tense. After about ten minutes she leaned forward as she continued to caress his chest and began kissing and then sucking on his neck.

“Mmmm…what are you doing?” Ulysses asked with a grin as he tilted his head back more, allowing Xena more access and she grinned at him. “I’m relaxing you like you asked,” she said and he chuckled and just sat back and let her continue to relax him. Eventually, her kissing and sucking moved down to his chest and Ulysses was getting worked up, far from being relaxed but he didn’t mind being worked up this way. “How are you feeling?” Xena asked, “great,” he said and Xena placed another kiss on his stomach before she stood with Ulysses hands in her own. “Then allow me to make you feel even greater,” Xena said as she pulled him up and Ulysses grinned as he stood and let Xena lead him to the bed. He stood there and looked at Xena as she undid her robe and let it fall to the floor to reveal a sexy piece of lingerie.

“Wow,” Ulysses said and Xena grinned, “you like?” She asked and he smiled at her as he walked up to her and pulled her into his arms, “I love,” he said and she smiled then moaned as they shared a passionate kiss. They stood there for a while, softly kissing each other, their kisses sometimes turning into passionate tasting of lips which they wholeheartedly enjoyed. They were involved in one of those such kisses and Xena chose that moment to rid Ulysses of his belt, which she threw across the room, “I hope I’ll be able to find that in the morning,” he said between the kiss and Xena smiled at him. “I’ll help you,” she said as she began to undo his pants and he chuckled, “with finding my belt or with your current task?” He asked and Xena leaned in and kissed him passionately, “I need no help with my current task,” she said and before he could say anything else she pushed him down on the bed and he grinned up at her.

Xena smiled as she pulled off his boots then grabbed his pants and pulled them off as well. “If you wanted me naked all you had to do was say so,” he said with a grin as Xena crawled into the bed and she smiled at him. “I didn’t just want you naked, I wanted to be the one who made you naked,” she said and Ulysses chuckled before he was involved in a kiss so passionate his head was pushed back into the pillow. “Mmmmm,” he moaned as he ran his hands over Xena’s body pulling her down tighter against him, “I’ve got you,” he told her between a kiss, because he wanted to feel all of her weight on him and so she laid entirely on him and he inhaled sharply and he held her tight. When the kiss ended they looked into each other’s eyes as Xena caressed Ulysses’ cheek and he looked into her eyes as he began to pull down the straps to her top.

“Can I have you?” Xena asked as she brushed her lips against his and he grinned at her, “always,” he said then moaned as they shared another passionate kiss and during this kiss he rolled Xena onto her back and so began the great feat, they called making love. Ulysses made sure that he paid attention to every part, every inch of Xena’s body and he took his time and worshipped her like he would never get another chance. His caresses were gentle yet some how they were firm enough to cause Xena to arch into his touch. “Mmmm…Ulysses,” Xena moaned as he placed a kiss on her stomach and he moaned as he caressed her soft skin and continued on his way down, all the way down to her feet then slowly kissed his way back up.

He spent fifteen minutes between her thighs, tasting the greatest treat ever created and again his kisses, caresses and sucking was gentle yet firm to the point Xena was crying out in great pleasure. When he was finished he kissed his way back up, until he was looking into her eyes and Xena pulled him down for a passionate kiss. They laid there and kissed for a while not really in any hurry, time passed and Xena rolled Ulysses onto his back and paid his body the same attention he had paid hers. Ulysses had his eyes closed and his head tilted back as he licked his lips and moaned as Xena licked his nipple then pulled on it with her teeth. “Unnnn,” he moaned as he caressed her arms and back and Xena moaned as she moved over to the other and did the same thing before she kissed her way down. “Unnnngh,” Ulysses moaned rather loudly as Xena sucked on him and she moaned as she engulfed him entirely and sucked him deep but gentle as she used her tongue to stroke him.

“Mmmm…gods,” he moaned as he moved her hair out of the way and looked down at her as she pleasured him in a way that only she had been able to do. She sucked him for a while then moved down to his balls where she sucked them into her mouth and rolled them around with her tongue, “shit…unnnnngh,” Ulysses moaned as his fingers dug into Xena’s shoulders and she moaned as she continued to suck on them one at a time while she stroked him member with her hand. “Xena,” Ulysses moaned as he brought his arms up and his hands grabbed the pillow he was laying on. She took her time in pleasuring him, her goal not being to release him but to simply bring him pleasure and ten minutes later when she was finished, she kissed her way back up to him until they were involved in a very passionate tasting of lips.

“Mmmm,” they both moaned and Ulysses rose up some as he ran his fingers through Xena’s hair and when the kiss ended they looked into each other’s eyes. “I love it when you say my name,” Xena whispered to him and Ulysses grinned as he leaned in and kissed her softly, “Xena,” he moaned out and he smiled when he felt the shivers run through her body. “The most beautiful woman in the world,” he whispered then kissed her passionately and Xena moaned as he rolled her onto her back and settled himself between her legs. As they continued to kiss, the kiss seemed to get deeper and as it did Ulysses gently pushed his huge, erect member into Xena. “Unnnngh,” Xena moaned, breaking the kiss momentarily but that was all. Ulysses developed a rhythm and from that point on he thrust into her while they continued to kiss passionately and caress each other.

“Ha…ha,” Xena let out a breathy moan as she looked into Ulysses’ eyes before she rose up for a kiss and he moaned as he caressed her thigh and placed it over his leg and thrust deeper into her. “Unnnn,” Xena whimpered, and Ulysses began kissing and sucking on her neck, even biting her neck every once in a while. “Unnnn…Unnnngh,” Ulysses moaned as he leaned his head against Xena’s chest before she pulled him up for a passionate tasting of lips. They rolled around on the bed, no one really trying to be in charge or on top, they were just trying to enjoy each other in the best way and every way possible. Twenty minutes later when sweat began to cover their bodies, Ulysses ended the kiss and began kiss and sucking right along the area of Xena’s collar bone.

“Unnngh,” Xena moaned as arched into him while she grasped at his back and Ulysses moaned as he sped up his thrust a little bit. They weren’t rushing their lovemaking, they were just letting it all flow naturally, that was the best way to go. Twenty minutes later Ulysses rose up and he was completely covered in sweat as his hand flew to the nightstand for something to hold onto as he continued to thrust into Xena and she met him thrust for thrust. “Unnn…Unnngh,” Ulysses moaned as he tilted his head back and he moaned loudly as Xena pulled him back down on her equally sweaty body and kissed him passionately. “Unnngh…gods…you feel so…soo good,” Ulysses moaned as he looked into Xena’s eyes and Xena moaned as she ran her hands over his chest then rose up and kissed, sucked and bit down on Ulysses’ chest causing him to jerk as a spasm of pleasure went through him.

Before he knew it Xena had rolled him onto his back and she took it from there for about ten minutes before he rolled her back onto her back and the room was filled with moans and cries. Ten minutes later those moans and cries that came from Xena were now nothing more than whimpers of pleasure as it seemed to her, Ulysses was hitting this pleasure spot in her, he was rubbing it exactly the right way and it was driving her to total insanity. She continued to whimper as they shared a tasting of lips and when the kiss ended Ulysses went back to kissing and sucking on Xena’s neck while he ran his fingers through her hair and his other hand held on tightly to the sheets as some kind of anchor. Xena caressed Ulysses’ back and she wrapped her arms around him and rubbed her legs up and down his as she met him thrust for thrust, “Aaahhhh,” she cried out as her body arched into his and Ulysses moaned as he pushed into her causing her more and more pleasure.

Soon Xena’s release had snuck up on her without her even knowing it, “I’m…I’m close,” Xena cried to Ulysses as she held on tightly to him. “Unnngh…unnnn…I’m…I’m…” she moaned then her moans went to whimpers and when her release took her it was powerful and her nails dug into Ulysses’ shoulder and as her release shook her body she dragged her nails along his arms as she whimpered and Ulysses moaned as he felt her tighten around him. “ooohhh…Oohhhh….unnnn,” he moaned as he thrust faster into her and Xena continued to whimper. “Ulysses,” she whimpered and he looked at the wall as he thrust faster into her then closed his and moaned and hissed at the same time when Xena scratched his back, the pain melting into pleasure. When he felt her release had stopped, he kissed her softly then began kissing his way down until his head was nestled between her thighs and he was tasting her release.

Xena moaned as his tongue caressed her so softly but it was feeding the fire that had not yet died down or out. “Unnn…Ulysses…baby,” she moaned as she ran her fingers through his hair and Ulysses moaned as he parted her lips and sucked on each of them before he ran his tongue in the inside. Xena opened her legs wider and held onto her pillow as her body arched in pleasure and when Ulysses was done he kissed his way back up and pushed back into Xena and she looked into his eyes and he looked into hers as he thrust into her. “Ooh baby,” she moaned as she caressed his chest and Ulysses closed his eyes at her touch, “gods your touch is electrifying,” he moaned out then leaned down and kissed Xena passionately and they continued to make love.

Moans, cries and whimpers had filled the room again and now Ulysses felt himself getting close to the edge but he wouldn’t fall off unless Xena was with him so he held on for her. “Unnnngh…Ooohhhhh,” Ulysses moaned as he thrust into her and Xena moaned as she kissed him passionately. “You’re waiting for me,” she whispered to him when the kiss ended and she caressed his cheek while he looked into her eyes. “Yes, always,” he moaned and Xena moaned as she pulled him down for another passionate kiss, one he didn’t have time to get air for so he had to take it in through his nose. “Mmmm,” he moaned as he caressed Xena’s body and ten minutes later Ulysses came hard, he came so hard that he wasn’t sure he would ever stop and Xena fell behind him.

“Oooohhhh…Oohhh,” he moaned then winced as his release surged through him, his seed leaving him and going into Xena. When the last of the tremors had gone through Xena, she pulled Ulysses up for a kiss then wrapped her arms around him. He laid his head on her shoulder as strong tremors continued to ripple through him, “Ooohhh…unnngh,” he moaned in Xena’s ear. After a minute he rose up on his hands and looked down at Xena as he thrust into her feeling that his release needed some help. “Oooohhh,” he moaned with his mouth opened wide as he tilted his head back in pleasure. After a couple of thrust he pulled out and began to stroke himself since he was already at the edge, he looked at Xena who removed his hands and she stroked him, closing her hand around him tight as she stroked him. “Yes…gods yes Xena,” Ulysses moaned as he caressed her thigh and then his body began to tremble as his release began to take him.

“Unnnn…oooohhhhh….ooohhhhhh,” he cried out loudly as his seed squirted onto Xena’s stomach and she continued to stroke him until he collapsed on top of her and she just wrapped her arms around him and caressed his sweaty body. “Hold me tighter,” she heard his muffled voice say and that’s what she did, she tightened her arms around him as well as wrapped her legs around him, caressing his back as she felt a few shivers go through his body. They continued to stay like that even after Ulysses had calmed down, “am I hurting you?” He asked her as he rose his head and looked at her and Xena shook her head as she caressed his cheek, “no, you’re alright,” she said then kissed him and when the kiss was over he laid his head back down on her shoulder. They fell asleep that way and a few hours later when Ulysses woke, he eased himself off of Xena and laid don the bed, making sure to cover her with the sheet.

He looked at her as she moaned and turned on her side facing him, he watched her sleep for a couple of minutes then eased out of bed, slipped on his pajama pants that Xena had laid out for him then went over to the table where they was some food and sat down and at while he read over some stuff he had brought back to the room. He looked over at the bed as Gemini jumped onto it and settled at the foot, careful not to wake her mother and Ulysses grinned as he went back to what he was doing. Two hours later, Xena reached out for Ulysses but he wasn’t there so she woke up and looked around the room and saw him sitting at the desk writing something. She sat up in the bed, holding the sheet to her naked body as she ran her fingers through her hair and looked at Ulysses. “Ulysses what are you doing?” Xena asked and he let out a breath as he ran his fingers through his hair, “trying to get some of this stuff out of the way,” he said and Xena looked at him then got out of bed and wrapped the sheet around her body as she walked over to Ulysses.

She stood behind him and ran her hand over his chest as she leaned down and placed a kiss on the side of his forehead, “come to bed,” she told him as she leaned into him and Ulysses nodded as he finished his last sentence. He blew the parchment to make sure the ink was dry before he rolled it up and sat it to the side in a pile where he had things finished. He let out a breath first, to blow out the candle he was using then in a sign of exhaustion as he stood and walked back with Xena to the bed. They got into the bed and into their favorite position, “you work too hard sometimes,” Xena said to Ulysses as she caressed his chest while snuggling closer to him. “Yea but this is just to prepare me for what it to come when I become King,” Ulysses said and Xena thought about that as she closed her eyes then caressed Ulysses’ cheek and he looked down at her.

“You’re not alone, I can help if you let me,” Xena said as she looked into his eyes and he looked back at her. “I know, I just have to get use to it I guess, I’ve been alone for so long,” Ulysses whispered and Xena nodded. “I know but you’re not any more,” she said as she brought his hand up to her lips and kissed the back of it and that’s the way they fell asleep. As the days passed by, the busier everyone became, Xena felt that she had about as much work to do as Ulysses did, with getting fitted for clothes and worrying about this and that for the wedding. It was a particular day, one not so special, she was in the room with Marguerite, Camille and the seamstress working on one of the many dresses that they thought she obviously needed.

“I think this will be a nice dinner gown,” Marguerite said as she looked at Xena who was standing patiently on a stool while the seamstress made the adjustments. “What do you think Xena?” Camille asked and Xena just hunched her shoulders, “its okay I guess, I mean I’ve never been one to fancy dresses that much,” Xena said and Marguerite nodded. “So I’ve noticed,” she said and Xena raised any eyebrow at that. She was about to say something when the door opened and Ulysses walked in with one hand over his eye and Virgil behind him constantly apologizing. “Virgil,” Ulysses said as he spun and looked at his friend, “will you stop apologizing already,” Ulysses said then sat down on the sofa. “I just didn’t see you and I thought you would have saw it,” Virgil said, “what happened?” Xena asked and Ulysses looked at her, “I got hit in the eye by Virgil’s staff,” Ulysses said and Xena got down off of the stool and walked over to Ulysses.

“Let me see,” she said as she removed his hand and she tilted his head back so that she could see the extent of the damage that was caused. “Does this hurt?” Xena asked as she pressed down below his eye, right by his cheek bone, “shit,” Ulysses said as he pulled his face away. “Bring me a cold cloth,” Xena told Virgil who ran off to go and get it, “how did this happen?” She asked as she pushed on a couple more spots but he only winced at those, “I wasn’t paying attention and just walked right into it,” Ulysses said and Xena nodded. “Marguerite can you grab that jar with the green stuff in it for me please? It’s over on the dresser.” Xena said and Marguerite retrieved the jar and brought it over to Xena who took the top of and dipped her fingers into the potent cream.

“Uggh…what is that?” Ulysses asked as pulled his face away but Xena grabbed him, “it’ll help the blood circulate better so you heal faster,” Xena said as she rubbed it into the area that would soon be a black eye. “It stinks,” Ulysses complained and Xena shook her head at him, “all men are the same when it comes to pain, you’re just babies,” Xena said. “Hey, I resent that,” he said and Xena grinned at him. “By the way I like your dress,” he said with a smile as he looked at Xena’s dress and she smiled back at him, “really? It doesn’t feel like me,” she said and he nodded. “It fits you well, like you were poured into it and you look gorgeous in it as I’m sure you’ll look gorgeous out of it,” he said with a grin and Xena smiled as she slapped him on his arm. “Ulysses I’m really sorry,” Virgil said as he handed Xena the cloth, “Virgil I’m going to kill you if you don’t stop apologizing, it was an accident, a stupid one on my part because I wasn’t watching what I was doing,” he said then winced as Xena pressed the cold cloth to his eyes.

“Hold it down firmly, I want to reduce any swelling there may be,” Xena said then stood and wiped her hands and went back onto the stool so that they could finish with her dress. “Are you a healer?” Camille asked and Xena grinned at her, “when the occasion calls for it, I was taught by our healer in Amphipolis, she’s a great healer whose been every where and she’s taught me everything she knows,” Xena said and Camille nodded. “Must certainly come in handy,” she said and Xena nodded, “at times it does,” she said as she winked at Ulysses who smiled at her. “That dress looks like it was made for royalty so it looks good on you,” Ulysses said and Xena smiled at him. “You think?” She asked, “I know,” he said back and Xena smiled and let the seamstress continue her work.

Continued In

Chapter Thirteen: Wedding Preparations

Let me know what you think.

Negative and positive feedback is welcomed, it is encouraged.

asimpson86@yahoo.com

Back to the Academy