A Different Time, A Better Time

By: Adrienne

Disclaimer: Xena and all other characters from Xena: Warrior Princess are not mine, they don't belong to me. They belong to USA Universal Studios and all those other great people. All of the rest of the characters in this story are mine. There are also a few songs in the story, don't worry this isn't a musical. Just special times, like dancing, when a song is being played, so the songs aren't mine either.

Sex Warning: Yes there is some sex between a male and female as well as implications towards sex in this story. It wouldn't be a story with out a little lovemaking. If you're not old enough to read it then don't and if it's too much for you, then my apologies, I have a very vivid imagination. <lol>

Subtext Warning: There's a little cursing but nothing to run home and tell mother about. And there is also reference to two women being together. There is no more violence than your regular Xena episode.

 

Chapter Nine: Reunited

Xena had a week off before Athena approached her about another mission and before Xena or anyone else knew it, she was gone on yet another mission. This one however who less aggravating than the last but this one also called for a lot more fighting and outsmarting the enemy which she didn't mind at all, it just tested her skills and helped to sharpen her skills where she may be lacking. On this mission she was recovering a stolen artifact for Athena, which had been stolen by a warlord, who was trying to gain territory and respect among the other cut throats. It wasn't as simple as Xena thought it was going to be. In fact she had to go undercover and make her way up to the warlord which took two almost three weeks. When she finally had the artifact in her hands, she thought everything was done and over with but a battle broke out and all she could do was thank Athena that she had taught her what she did.

Athena also sent Xena some help in the form of her Elite Archers and Xena walked away from that battle with a small cut on her upper arm but nothing more. "Why don't you gods keep things like this up there on Olympus?" Xena asked Athena as she handed the goddess the chalice and Athena grinned at Xena. "We can't keep everything up there and the mortals that take care of our temples see it as a huge honor to be trusted with something so important. In other cases, some of the precious artifacts we leave in temples or more than just artifacts to some. Some are seen as a symbol, a sign of worship," Athena said and Xena nodded. "Yea I can see that but you guys need to tighten up security. Some of these things in the wrong hands can do a lot of damage," Xena said and Athena nodded. "I agree, which is why this one is going back to Olympus with me," Athena said, "what about the others?" Xena asked and Athena grinned at her, "that's what I have you for," she said and Xena grinned as she rolled her eyes.

"So if you drink from that cup then you're immortal huh?" Xena asked and Athena nodded, "yes and its not a cup it's a chalice, Zeus made it for Hera." Athena said and Xena nodded, "why do you ask? Would you like to be immortal?" Athena asked her chosen and Xena looked at her, "immortality does have its perks but knowing you can't die and that you're fated to watch all those that you love die is not something I want. So to answer your question, no," Xena said and Athena nodded as she looked at her. She looked at Xena's arm then reached out her hand to heal it when Xena stopped her, "leave it, it reminds me that I have to train harder," Xena said and Athena looked at her then slightly bowed her head in acknowledgement. "I'll be back in twenty minutes, be ready to go by then," Athena said and Xena nodded then watched the goddess disappear.

Xena headed back to her camp where she tended to the minor cut on her arm which didn't need stitches. She just cleaned it, placed a slave on it to help with the healing and infection then wrapped it in a bandage. When she was done she packed up her things placing her bags on Argo then decided to take her and Gemini for one last run which they all enjoyed. Athena brought Xena back to Amphipolis where she brought Argo to the stables, fed her, gave her water and a nice rub down. "See you later girl," Xena told the horse and Argo neighed at her. Xena grabbed her bags and left the stables with Gemini hot on her heels, "I see you're happy to be home," Xena said to the wolf who was running back and forth. When Xena walked into the kitchen her mother turned and looked at her with a grin and relief on her features, "Xena you're home," she said as she wiped her hands on her apron then walked over and hugged her daughter.

When the hug ended she pulled back and looked over Xena like she did all the time when she came home from a mission. "You're hurt," she said as she saw the bandage on Xena's arm and Xena shook her head. "It's just a scratch," Xena said, "well go and put your things away and get cleaned up, dinner should be done soon." Cyrene said and Xena nodded before she placed a kiss on her mother's cheek, then headed down to her room. Once she was in her room she sat her bags down on the floor next to her bed and began taking off her armor and putting on more relaxing clothes. Gemini laid down on the small rug in front of Xena's bed and Xena let out a breath as she laid down on the bed thinking about how good it was to be home. She had planned on just resting her eyes but the last couple of weeks had been stressful and tiring on her and before she knew it she was asleep and she slept straight through dinner time.

Cyrene had come down to tell her it was time for dinner but when she saw that Xena was asleep, she let her sleep and just placed some food on the side for her. Xena however didn't wake until morning, the smell of her mother's wonderful cooking waking her. "Well good morning sleepy head," Lyceus said to his sister as Xena sat down at the table. "Why didn't you wake me for dinner?" Xena asked and Cyrene looked at her daughter, "it was obvious that you were tired and you needed the rest, so I let you sleep." She said and Xena nodded, "so tell us about your last mission," Lyceus said and Xena smiled at her brother, he always wanted to know what kind of things she did on her missions and what things were like. So over breakfast Xena told them the story of what she had to go through to get the chalice back.

When breakfast was over, Xena helped with the morning rush and Lyceus and Toris tended to the fields which was mainly plowing and planting, since they were in the fall and getting ready for the winter. Meanwhile on a ship at sea, Ulysses couldn't wait until they reached Amphipolis, although it would take them a week with the wind they were getting. To help the time pass by quicker, he and Virgil helped out around the ship doing things and he was surprised when his father began to help as well. "What? You think I never get my hands dirty?" Julian asked his son and Ulysses grinned as he looked at his father. "So you're really excited about seeing this woman again," Julian stated and Ulysses grinned as he nodded. "Yea, I miss her so much," Ulysses said and Julian nodded.

"Well your mother and I are quite anxious to meet her ourselves," Julian said and Ulysses looked at him. "Why is that?" He asked and his father grinned at him, "to see how you are around her. If you're this happy when you're going to see her the gods only know how happy you'll be when you're actually around her." Julian said to his son and Ulysses grinned at his father. The days went by fast but not fast enough for Ulysses but when he learned that they were a day away he was counting the hours by until they would actually arrive. The days for Xena were passing by fast as well and she felt her attitude being light and happy as if something good were about to happen, she did notice at night when she went to sleep that she could feel Ulysses' presence in the stone on her necklace getting stronger and stronger.

In fact she had a lot more energy that when she was done helping her mother around the Inn, she often took Argo for a run and when she let Argo rest she did some sword drills, sometimes Athena would appear and practice with her. Days when Xena was training with Athena she told Athena to go all out or when she was training with the Elite Archers she went all out on them which pushed them harder especially with Athena yelling at them. At night she often took a shower then laid down on her bed thinking about Ulysses and the wonderful times they had together and when she would see him again, but little did she know she would be seeing him sooner than she thought. "My lord, we'll be in Amphipolis by mid day," the captain of Julian's ship said and Julian nodded his head then went below deck to the mess area where Marguerite, Ulysses and Virgil were eating.

"Dylan said we'll be there by mid day," Julian said as he sat down at the table and Ulysses nodded as he sat there and thought how it would feel to have Xena in his arms again or to smell her sweet scent. 'Gods I miss that woman' he thought to himself then looked at Virgil. "Let's spar a little bit," Ulysses said as he stood and Virgil nodded as he stood as well and they headed up deck. They moved off to the spot where there was a lot of room and began sparring, their sparring was between medium and heavy since Ulysses still had a few restrictions left from his wound. They practiced for a good while, long enough to break quite a sweat and when they were done they both headed below where they got cleaned up and since it was chilly because they were approaching winter, Ulysses put on his clothes that he would wear around the palace they just weren't as fancy.

Before they knew it mid day was upon them and they were sailing up to the docks. When they had a spot for their ship, Ulysses already had his bags in his hands and was ready to get off of the ship and head straight to the Inn. When the plank was let down so that they could walk off, Ulysses was the first down and Virgil grinned as he followed his friend, Marguerite and Julian followed behind them. 'I'm back' Ulysses thought to himself as he grinned from ear to ear. "Come on you guys, wait to you see the Inn, its one of the best I've ever seen," Ulysses said to his mother and father who grinned at their son. "We're coming Ulysses," his mother said and Ulysses nodded as he watched the guards come off of the ship. Ulysses led the way to the Inn and as they passed by shops and stands there were a few people who looked at them and there were others who smiled and welcomed Ulysses back.

"The people seem friendly here," Julian said and Virgil grinned as he turned and looked at his king, "they are," he said and Julian nodded. When they finally reached the Inn Ulysses let out a breath as he stood and looked at it then walked inside followed by the others. Ulysses looked around and didn't see Xena but he grinned when he saw Cyrene walk out of the kitchen, "hey there stranger," Ulysses said after he walked over to the bar. Cyrene turned and looked at the person who was speaking to her and she grinned when she saw it was Ulysses. "Ulysses," Cyrene said as she walked from behind the bar and he met her half way then hugged her. Ulysses parents stood off to the side and watched the interaction. "It's good to see you," Ulysses said when the hug ended and Cyrene grinned at him, "it's good to see you as well, we have missed you around here."

Cyrene said then turned and looked at Virgil who smiled at her, "I'm happy to see you Cyrene and so is my stomach," Virgil said and Cyrene chuckled as she hugged him. When the hug ended Cyrene looked behind Ulysses to see his parents, "I see you brought some people with you," Cyrene said and Ulysses nodded as he held his hand out to his mother. "Cyrene this is my mother, Marguerite, mother this is Cyrene, she's Xena's mother and a fantastic, generous, loving, wise woman and great cook," Ulysses said and Cyrene smiled at him as she shook Marguerite's hand. "Your son is exaggerating some," Cyrene said and Marguerite smiled. "Its nice to meet you," Marguerite said, "and this old man here is my father, Julian," Ulysses said as Julian walked up next to his son.

"You better watch it before I show you just how old I am," Julian said to his son with a grin on his face then grinned at Cyrene as he took her hand in his and kissed the back of it. "It's nice to meet you," Julian said and Cyrene grinned as she nodded. "And you, it is an honor to have the King and Queen of Ithaca in my Inn," Cyrene said, "and it's a very beautiful Inn. Just by looking around it's a lot better than most that we've been in," Marguerite said and Cyrene grinned. "Thank you, I pride myself in keeping my Inn up and in good condition, this place means a lot to me," Cyrene said and they nodded. "Cyrene where is she, where is Xena?" Ulysses asked unable to contain himself any longer and Cyrene grinned at him. "She's training but she should be back in a little bit, since its time for lunch," she said then looked back to his parents.

"Speaking of which, the lunch rush is about to start. So how about I get you guys a table and some rooms so you can put your things away before you eat?" Cyrene suggested and they grinned and nodded, "that would be great. How much would five rooms cost?" Julian asked and Cyrene shook her head, "don't worry about. After all, I think of Ulysses and Virgil as sons and therefore you are family," she said. "Ulysses is right, you are a nice and generous woman, but we insist. We wouldn't want to take away from your business," Marguerite said and Cyrene looked at her. "If you insist but only your rooms, your meals and everything else will be of no cost," Cyrene said and Marguerite grinned at her. "Very well, I see you're a negotiating woman," Marguerite said and Cyrene grinned, "as are you," she said and Marguerite grinned at her.

Cyrene went into the kitchen where she grabbed the keys to their rooms and Ulysses showed his parents up to their rooms. When they had placed their things down they went back downstairs where Cyrene showed them to a table in the back, off to the side for privacy and she also brought something out for them to drink. Ten minutes later Toris and Lyceus came in from the fields for lunch and they went down to their rooms where they got cleaned up then went into the dinning area, over to where they saw their mother sitting and talking with people they didn't recognize but they did recognize to other people at the table. "Ulysses, Virgil," Lyceus said and they both grinned as they stood and gave both Lyceus and Toris a hug. "When did you guys get back?" Toris asked, "about ten minutes ago," Ulysses said.

"Marguerite, Julian these are my sons, Toris and Lyceus," Cyrene introduced her sons to Julian and Marguerite, "Julian and Marguerite are Ulysses parents," Cyrene explained to her sons. "It's nice to meet you both," Lyceus said and the grinned at them, "so that means you're the King and Queen of Ithaca?" Toris asked and Julian grinned as he nodded, "yes we are," he said and Toris nodded. "Wow," he said and they all chuckled at him, they pulled up chairs to the table and sat down and talked with the others. After a couple of minutes Ulysses leaned over to Lyceus, "can I talk to you and Toris privately for a minute?" Ulysses whispered to Lyceus who grinned and nodded. Lyceus stood and nodded with his head to Toris to follow him into the kitchen. A minute after they left the table, Ulysses followed them and they went down stairs by the bedrooms to talk.

"So what did you want to talk to us about?" Lyceus asked and Ulysses looked at them both as he let out a breath. Meanwhile on Athena's training grounds, Xena was sparring with the archers when she felt something strong, very strong pull at her. "Stop," Xena said, "there's no stopping in a battle Xena," Athena said and that gave the archers permission to continue. 'I know that feeling, it's Ulysses, he's back,' Xena thought to herself then ducked as an archer swung at her head.

Xena had to get to Ulysses fast, so she fought them off hard and fast until they were all on the ground unconscious, moaning in pain or trying to pick themselves up. "I said enough," Xena said in a forceful tone as she looked at Athena who looked at her. "Leave us," Athena said to her archers who helped each other off of the ground and Xena grabbed her towel and wiped her face off then her sword before she sheathe it. "What has gotten in to you?" Athena asked her chosen and Xena looked at her, "I have to go," Xena said and Athena looked at her. "You have to finish training," Athena said and Xena grinned as she shook her head. "Ulysses is back," Xena said and Athena looked at her, "how do you know?" She asked and Xena grinned as she looked at her goddess, her friend, her mentor. "I can feel him," she said with a smile, "I can feel him. He's back," Xena said as she looked at Athena.

"Please Athena take me back, I have to see him. I have to hold him and have him hold me. I have to look into his eyes and see his love for me. I have to feel his lips upon mine and feel his love, desire and need for me. Please take me back," Xena said and Athena looked at her and grinned. "All you had to do was ask," the goddess said and Xena grinned as she took Athena's hand and in mere seconds she found herself outside of the back of her mother's Inn. Xena let out a breath as she walked into the kitchen where she threw her things to the floor not really caring. She went through the kitchen door into the dinning area looking around until she spotted him sitting at the table laughing. Time seemed to move slow as she began walking over to him. From the moment she appeared outside of the Inn Ulysses felt her presence but it got stronger and stronger with every step she took.

He looked up and over and his eyes met with hers and their connection was instant. Ulysses stood and everything was slow motion for him as well. He began walking over to Xena and she grinned as she looked at him and when they were a few feet away she jumped into his arms. Ulysses wrapped his arms tight around Xena as he held her in his arms, "oh by the gods I've missed you so much," he whispered and Xena smiled as she ran her fingers through his hair. "I've missed you too," Xena said. "That's Xena," Virgil said to Julian and Marguerite and Julian looked at him, "we sort of guessed that," he said to Virgil. They watched as the hug ended and they pulled back slightly, Xena looked into Ulysses' eyes with her hands on his face and he looked into her eyes with his hands on her waist. "I've prayed for this day since they day you left," Xena said and Ulysses looked into her eyes.

"As have I," he said and she grinned as she leaned in and kissed him softly but passionately. When the kissed ended they grinned at each other then kissed briefly once more. When the kiss ended Gemini came bounding out of the kitchen and over to Ulysses where she jumped up onto his legs, "hey Gemini, wow you've gotten big," he said to the wolf as he rubbed behind her ears and petted her some. After a minute he stood and looked at Xena as he took her hands in his and she smiled as he brought her hand up to his lips and placed a soft kiss on the back of it. "Come on, I want you to meet my parents," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she let Ulysses lead her over to the table, she was just so happy to see and be with him. When they got to the table they stood at the head of the table, "mom, dad this is Xena. The most wonderful, gorgeous, exciting woman who has stolen my heart that I've been telling you about," Ulysses said and Xena smiled at him.

"Xena this is my mother Marguerite and my father Julian," Ulysses introduced them and Xena grinned at them, "it's an honor to meet you both. I've heard nothing but great things about you both," Xena said and Marguerite grinned at her. "And we've heard nothing but great things about you," Marguerite said and Julian nodded as he looked at Xena. "Indeed, it is we who are honored to meet you," he said and she looked at him. "Why is that?" She asked, "we have never seen our son grin or smile so much as he does when he talks about you," Julian said causing Ulysses to blush a little as he looked down and his parents chuckled at him. "We had to meet the great woman who turns our son into mush when he talks about you, it's really extraordinary," Julian said and Xena grinned as she looked at Ulysses who looked at her.

"I'll bring the food out, that way we can all sit here eating a nice dinner, while we talk and get to know each other," Cyrene said as she stood and they nodded. "Sounds like a good idea," Marguerite said and Xena grinned, "I'll help you mother," Lyceus said as he stood and brought his chair over to Ulysses so that Xena could sit next to him. "Thanks," Xena told Lyceus and he grinned at her and nodded. Ulysses held Xena's chair for her as she sat down and then he sat down next to her. Xena turned and looked at Ulysses, looked into his eyes and couldn't help it as she reached her fingers out and caressed his cheek with the back of them. "I can't believe you're here," she said and he grinned at her, "believe it my love. I am as real as the air you're breathing," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she leaned in and kissed his softly. When the kiss ended they grinned at each other while Julian and Marguerite watched the whole interaction.

They gave Ulysses and Xena a couple of minutes to themselves while they waited for everything to be brought out. Eight minutes later when everyone had a plate in front of them along with something to drink they began to eat and talk. "So Xena tell me about yourself," Marguerite said and Xena looked at her. "Is there anything in particular you would like to know?" Xena asked and Marguerite shook her head, "just anything about yourself that comes to mind. I just want to get to know the woman who my son is infatuated with," she said and Xena nodded and began telling Marguerite and Julian about herself with everyone kicking in things about Xena every now and then. "So you know how to cook?" Marguerite asked and Xena nodded, "she can cook quite well," Ulysses put in and Xena grinned at him as she lightly squeezed his hand under the table.

"Indeed, I'm proud to say that she's taken after me in that department," Cyrene said and Xena grinned at her mother as she picked up her glass and took a small gulp. When they were finished dinner, they continued to sit there and talk and it just came naturally to Xena as she leaned against Ulysses' chest and he wrapped his arm around her running his fingers up and down her bare arm as he placed a kiss on her forehead while they both joined in on the conversation. Cyrene left the table many times to do things in the Inn but most of the time her waitresses were able to handle it. It had gotten late and most of the patrons in the Inn were gone but Xena, Ulysses and their families were still sitting at the table talking and laughing, getting to know each other and having a good time.

There were a few people left in the Inn but other than that it was empty. After a while Ulysses stood with his glass in his hand and began to speak, "I'd like to make a toast," he said and everyone went silent as they looked at him. "To old friends and family," Ulysses said as he looked at Cyrene, Toris, Lyceus and Xena. "And to the beginning of new and great things," he said with a grin then raised his glass as did the others. "Here, here," Toris said and Ulysses grinned as he sat his glass down on the table but continued to stand. "I also want to say that I'm happy to be here, for a while I was afraid I would never see this place again, or the woman I love," Ulysses said as he looked down at Xena and she grinned at him causing him to smile. "We recently had a short war on Ithaca and at the end I was hurt pretty badly," Ulysses said then went into his pocket and took out something but no one noticed because they were engrossed in his story.

"It was strange, I had been in many battles and wars and I had been afraid in all of them, it was what fueled me and helped me stay alive and fight for what I thought was right. This time, I was afraid but not for my life, my family or my kingdom, all of which means a lot to me." Ulysses said then turned his attention directly to Xena, and looked into her eyes as he spoke to her. "But what I was most afraid of, was that I would never see you again," Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes as he continued to speak to her. "Every time I fought, it was your face in my mind's eye that I saw, that made me fight as hard as I did. I wanted to be able to look into your eyes again and see the love you have for me. I wanted to feel your touch again, be able to hold you, here your laughter and see that beautiful smile." Ulysses said making Xena smile and he smiled back, "it was then that my heart really confirmed what I already knew, I can't and don't want to live without you."

He said and as he continued to look into her eyes he got down on one knee and unnoticeable by everyone else, Marguerite brought her hand up to her mouth to hold in a gasp and Julian was beginning to frown. "Xena I love you with all my heart and soul and I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with out you. You are the other half of my soul, you complete me," he said then brought his hand forward that held a small box and he opened. "Xena of Amphipolis will you marry me?" Ulysses asked and Xena looked at him her heart racing, "oh my gods," she said as she looked at Ulysses then at the three stone diamond ring on a gold band. Xena looked into Ulysses' eyes where she saw how much he loved her and she felt it through their connection. She also felt that this was meant to be, "yes," she said and Ulysses grinned.

"Yes I will marry you," she said again and Ulysses' face broke out into a huge smile as he removed the ring from the box and slid it onto her ring finger on her left hand. Xena took Ulysses' hand pulling him up as she stood up and they shared a passionate tasting of lips while her family clapped for them. When the kiss ended Xena couldn't stop smiling as she looked at Ulysses and he looked at her with a smile on his face. "I love you," Xena said, "and I love you," he said then leaned in and kissed her once more. When this kiss ended Cyrene was standing by Xena and she gave her daughter a hug, "oh I'm so happy for you," Cyrene said and Xena smiled. "Thanks mom," she said and Cyrene hugged Ulysses. "You know you could have asked for my blessing," she said and Ulysses grinned at her. "I wanted you to be just as surprised as Xena was, so I asked Toris and Lyceus for their blessing."

Ulysses said and Cyrene turned and looked at her son's who grinned at her as they hunched their shoulders before they clapped Ulysses on his back. Now that he had proposed to Xena that's all that was being talked about now but Julian and Marguerite did not join in on the conversation, they had other things on their minds. The few people that were in the Inn congratulated Xena then left so that Cyrene could close up. Xena helped clean up the Inn while Julian and Marguerite went up to their room and Ulysses was outside in the back talking with Virgil. "When did you have time to shop for a ring?" Virgil asked and Ulysses grinned, "I didn't shop for it, I had it made specifically for her," Ulysses said as he picked up a rock and threw it. "I knew you were going to propose to her but not so soon," Virgil said as he looked at his friend.

"I hadn't planned on doing it today, I actually wanted it to be special but just being with her today and seeing her, I couldn't wait any longer. I love her so much," Ulysses said then looked at Virgil. "You are okay with this aren't you?" Ulysses asked and Virgil looked at him, "of course I am. I'm happy for you," Virgil said and Ulysses grinned as he shook Virgil hand and then they leaned in for a hug. When the hug ended they talked a while longer and then Virgil went up to his room. Ulysses stayed out for a few more minutes to look up at the stars then turned his head when Xena cleared her throat. He grinned when he saw her leaning against the door frame and she did nothing but smile at him as she held her hand out to him. Ulysses walked over to her placing his hand in hers, following her as they walked into the kitchen.

"Goodnight you two," Cyrene said, "goodnight," they both replied as they headed down the stairs to Xena's room. Gemini jumped up on Ulysses once he was in the room and Xena grinned as she closed and locked the door behind her. Ulysses sat down in a chair and took of his boots, then began unbuttoning his shirt taking it off and placing it on the chair, then he continued to play with Gemini. While he did that Xena went around the room placing a few candles around, then lit them. When she was done, she walked over to Ulysses who was now by the bed and she stood in front of him and looked into his eyes. Ulysses looked into Xena's eyes then closed his eyes as she ran her hands over his chest and he let out a breath when she placed a kiss there. When she was done, he opened his eyes and looked into hers, "you really want me to be your wife?" Xena asked as she caressed his chest and he nodded, "I love you so much Xena and I really want you to be my wife for the rest of out lives."

He said and Xena grinned as she looked into his eyes, "do you want me to be your husband?" He asked and Xena grinned, "I do. I always thought I would never get married but when I look into your eyes, I know that we are meant to be," Xena said and Ulysses smiled. "That's all I needed to hear," he said then leaned in and kissed Xena softly but passionately. They stood there for a while kissing and as they kissed, Ulysses began to slowly peel Xena's clothes off of her with her help. When she was in nothing but her underwear, Ulysses scooped Xena up into his arms and she grinned as she wrapped her arm around his shoulder. "My hero," she whispered to him with a grin on her face and he grinned then moaned as she leaned in and kissed him softly. Ulysses turned and walked the few more feet over to the bed where he gently deposited Xena, then lay down half on her and half on the bed as they continued to kiss.

They lay there for the longest kissing and gently caressing each other, Xena even went as far as to pull Ulysses' belt out of his pants and threw it on the floor. As they continued to kiss they rolled around on the bed, sometimes smiling at each other while they said nothing and other times they said small loving things to each other. When Xena was on top she ended the kiss and sat up and looked down at Ulysses, looking into his eyes as she ran her hands over his chest. She brought her hand behind her back and undid the string keeping her bra on. Once it was undone, she pulled it off of her, throwing it to the floor and Ulysses ran his eyes over her beautiful body. Ulysses ran his hands over Xena's thighs as he looked at her, "baby you are so beautiful," he said and Xena grinned as she looked into his eyes.

She ran her hands over his chest as she slowly leaned down until her lips were almost touching his, "make love to me," she whispered to him and Ulysses moaned as he ran his fingers through her hair. "Anything you want," he whispered, then raised his head and kissed her deeply and passionately. "Mmmm," Xena moaned as she returned the kiss just as passionately. As they kissed, Ulysses ran his hands over Xena's back, butt, thighs and legs. After a while he rolled Xena onto her back and began to make slow, passionate, undying love to her. He kissed her body from head to toe, and he paid special attention to those spots that she reacted most to. He removed her underwear dropping them to the floor and Xena had her eyes closed and legs wide open as her back arched off of the bed in pleasure. Ulysses was between her legs tasting her great sweetness moaning as he did so.

His hands held her thighs open and he caressed them, while his mouth was busy. Xena's back arched off of the bed constantly as she moaned while her hands ran through Ulysses' hair sometimes gripping and pulling it. "Ummm…Ulysses," Xena moaned and Ulysses moaned as he softly ran his tongue over her labia. Ten minutes later Xena released and Ulysses kissed his way back up her body. When he got to her breasts he paid them special attention by sucking on her delicious nipples. From there he went to her neck then kissed her passionately and Xena moaned as she ran her fingers through Ulysses' hair. They kissed for a while and then Xena rolled Ulysses onto his back kissing him for a while longer, before she began kissing, sucking and nibbling his entire body.

Ulysses moaned as he looked down at Xena while running his fingers through her hair. Xena kissed all over his stomach and when she got to his pants, she undid them, then pulled them down his legs throwing them to the floor. Xena looked into Ulysses' eyes as she ran her hands over his thighs then leaned down and breathe on his very erect member before her tongue snaked out and licked the tip of it. She teased him for a while, before she actually fully took his member into her mouth and sucked him deep into her mouth. "Mmmm," Ulysses moaned as he looked down at Xena moving her hair to one side as he watched her. Ulysses' moans were like an aphrodisiac to Xena and she had to hear more of them, so she did any and everything that made him hiss, moan and cry out in pleasure.

Ulysses was breathing hard after about ten minutes of Xena's wonderful attention and even though what she was doing was feeling incredible, Ulysses didn't want to release like that. So he sat up some and pulled Xena to him, she looked at him seeing what he wanted so she began kissing her way back up until she was looking into his eyes. "I love you so much," he whispered to her as he looked into her eyes while placing her hair behind her ear. Xena grinned down at Ulysses as she leaned in and kissed him softly. They lay there and kissed for a while and Ulysses gently and slowly rolled Xena onto her back positioning himself between her legs. Ulysses deepened the kiss and Xena moaned as she ran her fingers through his hair and over his back. Ulysses posed himself at Xena's entrance and as they continued to kiss, he eased himself into her stretching her as he did so.

"Unnngh," Xena moaned as Ulysses pushed all the way in then pulled out. She ended the kiss and he looked at her, moaning himself at how tight, warm and wet she was. He initiated another deep, passionate kiss keeping pace with his thrusting. Soon the room was filled with heavy breathing and moaning, along with the rustling of sheets. They rolled around constantly on the bed and when Xena was on top she gave Ulysses the ride of his life. Her eyes were closed, head tilted back, her hand on the head board while the other caressed Ulysses' arm, since his hand was caressing her back, while he kissed on her chest and neck. Xena pressed her hips down hard and used her muscles to clench him deep within her while she rocked against him. "Ssss…Unnngh," Ulysses pulled back from sucking on Xena's nipple to moan.

After a while Ulysses gently picked Xena up laying her back onto her back as they continued to make passionate love to each other. An hour later Ulysses fell back on his back, his body glistening with sweat and his was breathing hard. Xena's body was glistening with sweat as well and she too was breathing hard as she moved into Ulysses' arms, laying her head on his shoulder while she ran her hand over his chest, her leg between his. "That was so amazing," Ulysses said after he caught his breath and Xena grinned, "mmmm…yes it was," she said then placed a kiss on Ulysses' shoulder. Ulysses raised Xena's chin and looked into her eyes, "you were absolutely amazing," he whispered to her and Xena grinned then moaned as Ulysses kissed her deeply.

Xena moaned as she took in air through her nose while running her fingers through his hair, when the kiss ended, Xena looked into Ulysses' eyes as she caressed his cheek. "You were amazing too. You have no idea how many times I wished and dreamed for you to be here and make passionate love to me." Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he looked into her eyes, "I think I do because I wished and dreamed the exact same thing," Ulysses said and Xena just looked at him before she leaned in and kissed him softly. When the kiss ended Xena laid her head back down on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm tight around her then placed a kiss on her forehead. They lay there in silence for a while, Xena running her hand over Ulysses' chest and he ran his fingers up and down her arm and sometimes her back.

Xena's mind was on the fact that Ulysses proposed to her and she said yes, it was strange to her that she heard no warnings or anything going off, telling her it was a bad idea. There were no voices putting doubt in her mind, there was only her love for Ulysses and how much he meant to her. She grinned to herself, then looked at the ring on her finger and it was beautiful. There were three diamond stones, which were square shaped and the one in the middle was bigger than the two on the side, it also held a hint of blue to it. It was definitely one of a kind and then Xena noticed that there were carving in the gold band and it was a beautiful design. "Do you like it?" Ulysses asked, startling Xena out of her thoughts, "I love it," she said, then raised up on her elbow, pulling the sheet closer around her chest as she looked down at Ulysses.

"It's very beautiful and unique," she said and Ulysses grinned as he ran his fingers over her arm. "I had it made especially for you. That diamond stone in the middle is one of a kind and when I saw it, it immediately reminded me of your eyes," he said and Xena grinned at him as she turned her head and kissed the palm of his hand. "It must have cost you a fortune," Xena said and Ulysses grinned at her, "nothing is too much for you Xena. I want to give you everything you need and anything you want," Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes as she caressed his cheek. "Really?" She asked and Ulysses nodded, "really. You mean the world to me Xena and I love you so much. You were all I could think of these months that we've been apart." Ulysses said and Xena nodded, "it was the same for me. There were so many times I wanted to hop on a ship and go to Ithaca, just so that I could see your face but I knew you needed to do what you were doing on your own."

Xena said, "but I was never really on my own. You were here," he said as he placed his hand over his heart, "you were always here. I felt you all the time and it was a real comfort when I was really missing you," Ulysses said as he looked into Xena's eyes. "I asked you to marry me Xena because I want us to spend the rest of our lives together, I asked you because I love you. There was no other reason than that," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she lowered her head for a minute. "I was really surprised," she said and Ulysses grinned. "Me too," he said then chuckled. "I had planned on asking you to marry me but not tonight. I wanted to make it special, I wanted it to be romantic, but just sitting there at the table, with you in my arms, talking and laughing, I couldn't wait. I wanted to ask you right then and there would you be mine for the rest of our lives."

Ulysses said and Xena grinned at him, "it was special to me. The way you proposed to me in front of my family and your parents. It was a very special moment and I will always remember it," Xena said, then leaned down and kissed Ulysses softly on the lips. They kissed softly for a couple of minutes, then Xena laid back down in Ulysses' arms and they talked for a while. "Your parents are nice," Xena said and Ulysses grinned, "yea," he said. "Do you think they like me?" Xena asked and Ulysses looked down at her, "of course they like you. How could they not?" Ulysses asked and Xena hunched her shoulders as she raised her head and rested her chin on Ulysses' chest. "In the beginning I thought they liked me, we were talking, laughing and getting along just fine but when you asked me to marry you, they didn't look so good. In fact they looked as if they didn't approve," Xena said and Ulysses looked at her.

"They were probably just really surprised. I mean I told them about you before we came, I told them how much I was in love with you and they didn't have a problem with it then, so why now?" Ulysses asked, "before you were just seeing a commoner, you weren't marrying one," Xena said as she sat up holding the sheet to her chest and Ulysses sat up as well. "If that is the case then I will talk to them, but I will marry you Xena, the fact that you're not royalty will not stop it," Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes. "I don't want to come between you and your family," Xena said and Ulysses grinned at her as he placed his hand on her cheek. "Sweetheart you won't, besides, you are my family now," Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes and grinned then leaned in and kissed him softly.

That kiss turned into a very deep and passionate kiss and Ulysses rolled Xena onto her back and before they knew it they were making love once more, that night they fell asleep in each other's arms. Ulysses woke the next morning with the sun beginning to shine into his face, Xena moaned a little as she ran her hand over Ulysses' chest and he grinned as Xena turned his face towards her and kissed him deeply and passionately. Ulysses moaned as he wrapped his arm tighter around Xena, easing her onto her back as they kissed and after a while, she rolled Ulysses back onto his back kissing him deeply enough that his head was pushed back into the pillow while he moaned and caressed Xena's back. They were getting into things when Gemini jumped up onto the bed nudging Ulysses' arm.

The kiss ended and Ulysses looked at Gemini, "she probably needs to go out. I'm usually up by now," Xena said and Ulysses nodded as he let out a breath. "I'll let her out," he said and Xena nodded as she rolled off of him and he sat up, then stood up walking a few feet a way to pick up his pants. Xena grinned as she looked at Ulysses' nice butt and back, "don't be long," Xena said feeling her passion for Ulysses rising and he grinned as he looked at her. "Trust me I won't be," he said then walked over to the door and opened it, Gemini ran out before him and he walked up the stairs and into the kitchen. "Good morning Cyrene," Ulysses said as he walked over to the door. "Good morning," she said, then watched as Ulysses opened the door letting Gemini out, closing it behind her.

"See ya later," Ulysses said as he headed back downstairs and Cyrene grinned and shook her head, then went back to preparing breakfast. Ulysses walked back into Xena's bedroom closing and locking the door behind him and he grinned as he saw Xena lying on the bed with her foot on the bed, the sheet barely covering her thigh. She grinned at Ulysses as she crooked her finger at him and he smiled as he took off his pants and got into the bed lying between her legs, while they shared a passionate kiss. An hour later, a sweaty Xena lay on top of an equally sweaty Ulysses, "wow," Xena said and Ulysses smiled as he placed a kiss on Xena's forehead. "That was definitely great," he said and Xena grinned as she raised her head a little then kissed Ulysses softly and he moaned as he used the back of his fingers to caress Xena's cheek.

When the kiss ended Xena laid her head back down, "you know we should be getting up," Ulysses said and Xena groaned as she pushed into him. "Yea, just give me a couple of minutes," she said and Ulysses grinned as he caressed Xena's back. "Hey," he called after a minute, "hmmm?" Xena answered and Ulysses smoothed her hair back as he kissed her forehead, "I love you," he said then smiled when he felt Xena smile against his chest. "I love you too," Xena said then raised her head and looked into Ulysses' eyes and he looked into hers. "You are so beautiful and I am so in love with you," Ulysses whispered and Xena grinned. "Umm…you're not so bad yourself and I'm deeply in love with you," Xena said causing Ulysses' to chuckle. They clowned around for a bit then relaxed for a while more before they got up, took a shower and got dressed.

"We were wondering if you guys were ever going to get up," Cyrene said as Xena and Ulysses walked into the kitchen. Ulysses placed a kiss on his mother's cheek, before he sat down at the table next to his father and Virgil sat next to Marguerite. "So I hear congratulations are in order," Corrinna said to Xena, as Xena walked over to the stove, where Corrinna stood next to Cyrene. Xena smiled and nodded, "yea," she said then held up her hand so that Corrinna could see the ring and Corrinna held Xena's hand in her own as she looked at the ring. "This is beautiful, Ulysses you did a great job," Corrinna said and he grinned at her. "Nothing's too much for the woman I love," he said and Xena grinned as she looked at Ulysses who winked at her causing her to smile. Marguerite and Julian watched the interaction and they had plans on talking to Ulysses later on about the decision he had made.

Until then, they kept their cool and kept up pretenses, talking to Cyrene and Corrinna while breakfast was being prepared. When breakfast was ready, they sat down and ate, Toris and Lyceus having had their breakfast earlier, were out in the fields. When they were finished breakfast, Xena and Cyrene began to clear off the table while Corrinna headed back to her house to get some of her work done. "Ulysses can you do me a favor?" Cyrene asked and Ulysses grinned at her as he stood, "say no more Cyrene, I know today is bread baking day," Ulysses said and she grinned at him. "Don't tire yourself out," Xena said to Ulysses who grinned at her, "trust me I won't," he said then leaned in and kissed her briefly and when the kiss ended he headed out the back door, followed by Virgil who headed to the fields to help Toris and Lyceus.

Ulysses began chopping up wood with Gemini keeping him company and when the sun began beaming down on him he took his shirt of so that it would stay clean as he began to sweat. Xena stood by the window with a bowl in her hand stirring its contents while she watched Ulysses. She watched his muscles flex every time he picked up the axe and slammed it back down; his sweaty body glistening in the sun and his nice butt. "Xena are you paying attention what you're fixing or what's outside the window?" Cyrene asked her daughter with a grin and Xena turned and looked at her mother, "huh?" She asked and Cyrene chuckled at her as did Marguerite. "You know he looks thirsty, I'm going to go and bring him some water," Xena said as she sat the bowl down on the table. "Oh I don't think so, let Marguerite bring him some water. We have a lot to get done before lunch and I know you and he will just disappear some where."

Cyrene told her daughter and Xena shook her head, "no we won't, I promise," Xena said as she poured Ulysses a glass of water. "I'll be right back," she said then walked out of the door before her mother could say anything else. "Hey, you look like you could use a drink," Xena said and Ulysses turned and looked at her. "I could, thanks," he said with a grin as he took the glass from Xena looking at her as he brought the cup up to his lips and began drinking the water. As he drinked he continued to look at Xena and noticed she was looking him over with hunger and desire in her eyes. "My mother's keeping you guys company?" Ulysses asked and Xena nodded as she looked into his eyes, "yea and she's helping us out a little bit. Her and my mother, seem to be getting along pretty well," Xena said and Ulysses nodded and drained his cup.

When he was done he handed the cup back to Xena and when he did that he wrapped his arm around Xena pulling her tight against him the leaned in and kissed her deeply and passionately. Xena moaned as she ran her hands up Ulysses' arms and pushed into him asking for more. It had been a couple of minutes so Cyrene looked out of the window and saw them and she shook her head. "I knew it," Cyrene said, "what? Are they gone?" Marguerite asked and Cyrene shook her head, "no, worse." She said and Marguerite stood and walked over to the window where she saw them kissing passionately and she couldn't help but grin. Xena kissed Ulysses a while longer before she pushed on his chest pushing him away as she stepped back some ending the kiss. "I told mom I would be right back," she said as she looked at Ulysses and he grinned at her.

"Then you shouldn't have been looking at me the way you were," he said as he grabbed Xena's hand playing with her fingers. "You know you want me to kiss you again," Ulysses said as he began to walk up to Xena and she grinned at him as she bit down on her lower lip trying to resist the sweet temptation. When Ulysses was so close Xena could inhale in scent she lost the battle and he saw that in her eyes then grinned as he leaned forward and began passionately tasting her lips. Xena moaned as she ran her fingers through Ulysses' hair grabbing it and pulling him closer as she began to devour his mouth. Ulysses moaned as the table was turned on him and it excited him to no end that Xena, this woman that he was deeply in love with, had turned the tables on him like no other woman ever had. "Ummmm," Ulysses moaned as he held her tighter to him.

"Xena," Cyrene called from the door and Xena ended the kiss much to Ulysses disappointment, "I'll be right there mom," Xena said then turned and looked at Ulysses grinning at his expression. "I'll see you at lunch," Xena said as she began to lean in for a kiss. "I'll have you for lunch," Ulysses murmured against Xena's lips and she grinned at him as she kissed him softly. When the kiss ended she kissed him once more sucking on his lips then grinned as he groaned his disappointment. "Later," Xena said as she lightly shook Ulysses' hand then turned and walked away turning to grin at Ulysses who didn't want to let go of her hand. When he finally did Xena walked back into the Inn and Ulysses turned his attention back to the log where he was chopping the wood. 'Gods I love that woman' Ulysses thought to himself as he picked up the axe and continued his chopping.

Meanwhile Xena continued to help her mother in the kitchen and Julian kept an eye on things in the Inn with the guards and he had things on his mind, like his son getting married. It wasn't that he didn't like Xena, she was a nice enough young woman, but he didn't know that much about her or her intentions towards his son. Besides that she was a commoner, a peasant and she could be trying to take his money. There were so many things going through Julian's mind but this one was the most important and he would talk to his son about it today. Lunch came by fast and Ulysses was just finishing up as Virgil, Lyceus and Toris walked up to the Inn. "I see mother had you back to your old job," Toris said and Ulysses grinned and nodded as he picked the logs up and stacked them up against the side of the Inn.

When he was finished he walked into the kitchen and headed downstairs to get cleaned up like the others had done. When he was finished he walked back up into the kitchen and saw everyone bustling around. Xena walked over to the door with a tray full of food in her hand, she pushed the door open with her back and walked into the dinning area over to the table whose order she had taken. "Ulysses take this over to our table will you," Cyrene said as she handed him a heavy tray. Ulysses left the kitchen and brought the tray over to the table sitting it down, "Ulysses I need to speak with you," Julian said and Ulysses looked at his father. "Okay," he said and Julian stood and walked over to the stairs with Ulysses following him.

"Congratulations on your engagement Xena," a woman said to Xena as she passed by and Xena grinned at her. "Thanks," she said then turned her attention to Ulysses who she saw walk over to the stairs with his father and she wondered what they were talking about. "Yes, congratulations," Maphias said and Xena let out a breath as she turned and looked at him. "Let me guess, you're surprised that he asked me to marry him?" Xena said and Maphias looked at her, "I am, I'm even surprised that he came back but that doesn't mean I'm not happy for you." He said and Xena looked at him, "really? Because all you could seem to do while Ulysses was gone was doubt that our relationship was going to last and what type of man he was." Xena said and Maphias nodded, "yes and I still feel the same way. Xena him proposing to you doesn't change anything, he is still a prince and you are still a peasant."

He said and Xena turned her head as if she weren't listening to him but she couldn't help but listen as he continued to speak, "you're still living in this fairy tail world where you think everything's going to be fine but its not. His parents aren't going to let you marry him, a peasant marrying their only son, the heir to their kingdom. Come on Xena I know you're smarter than that and you know better," he said and she looked at him. "We love each other and Ulysses has already said nothing and no one will stop us from getting married so you can stop your interfering and speculations I don't need or want them." She said and went to leave but Maphias grabbed her arm and she turned and looked at him then looked around before she walked up to him. "Take your hand off of me before I break it," she whispered to him in a cold voice and he looked into her eyes that had gone ice cold and removed his hand.

"Do you really want to do that?" Maphias asked, "do what?" Xena asked in an impatient voice, "come between him and his family. What he may be telling you is true but you don't want to do that. I know you're not the kind of person to alienate someone from their family, especially the man you claim to love." He said and Xena looked at him, "I do love him, that's why I agreed to marry him," Xena said and Maphias nodded. "But you have to ask yourself this. Will you and he getting married ruin his relationship with his family and will it put a strain on his relationship with you?" Maphias said, "just think about that," he said then walked away and Xena let out a breath as she looked over to where Ulysses and his father were talking. She eased her way over close to them where she could hear but wasn't close enough that they would suspect that she was eavesdropping.

When Ulysses and his father were over by the stairs, Ulysses looked at his father, "what's up?" Ulysses asked and Julian looked at his son. "I don't know how to say this so I'm going to come right out and say it, you can't marry her," Julian said and Ulysses looked at his father then grinned. "I'm sorry I thought you just told me I couldn't marry Xena," Ulysses said and Julian looked at his son. "You heard it because that's what I said," Julian said and Ulysses looked at his father. "I'm marrying Xena," Ulysses said. "No you're not," Julian said and Ulysses looked at his father. "You telling me I'm not is not going to stop me," Ulysses said and Julian let out a breath as he looked at his stubborn son. "Ulysses, Xena is a nice, young woman but she isn't right for you," Julian said. "How do you know if she's right for me or not? You've only known her for one day, whereas I've known her for months.

You're judging her when you don't even know her," he said and Julian looked at his son. "I know enough. I know you are a handsome, intelligent very wealthy man and any woman especially a woman like Xena would be lucky to have you." Julian said, "what do you mean a woman like Xena? You mean because she isn't royalty?" Ulysses asked and Julian looked into his son's eyes. "Yes that's part of what I mean, she's a peasant Ulysses and she's probably after your money and position." Julian said and Ulysses shook his head at his father, "you are so wrong. She is not like that. She is an intelligent, honest, honorable woman who loves me for the person I am not who I am. You would see that if you gave her a chance instead of judging her. She had no idea who I was until the day Gregory came here, so what you're saying isn't true."

Ulysses said and Julian let out a breath, "Ulysses you need to open your eyes and see what your mother and I see," Julian said, "mother agrees with you?" Ulysses asked and Julian looked into his son's eyes, "yes, she's just as concerned about you marrying this woman as I am. These people are nice enough I'll give them that but they would be fools not to jump at the chance of a better life, a chance you are giving them by asking her to marry you. Not to mention, yes she isn't royalty, she isn't even close…" Julian said but didn't finish because Ulysses stopped him. "First of all her name is Xena, use it. Secondly I don't give a damn if she isn't royalty, I love her and she loves me and that's all that matters. Thirdly I don't care what you and mother think or say, I am marrying her, end of discussion."

Ulysses said and went to walk away when his father grabbed his arm and he turned and looked his father dead in the eye, "don't make me do something that I don't want. You can't marry her, you have to see that, if not, then I'll have to make you see it." Julian said and Ulysses looked at his father, "I can marry her and I will. You do what you have to do and I'll do the same, but if I have to choose between Xena and you and mother, I will chose Xena." Ulysses said then pulled his arm free and walked away heading back over to the table and Julian let out a breath as he looked at his son. Xena heard the conversation from the middle to the end and it hurt that his parents thought about her that way and it also concerned her that what Maphias was saying was beginning to come true, she was getting between Ulysses and his family and that was the last thing she wanted to do.

When everyone finally sat down for dinner Xena and Ulysses were both quiet, both having their own things on their mind. Ulysses did notice that Xena was quieter than normal, "you alright?" He whispered in her ear and she turned and looked into his eyes and nodded, "yea I'm fine." She said as she continued to look into Ulysses' eyes then leaned in and kissed him softly and when the kiss ended she looked at him. "I love you very much, you know that don't you?" Xena asked and Ulysses grinned at her, "of course I know it, that's about the only thing I do know these days. I love you too," Ulysses said as he picked up Xena's hand and kissed the back of it getting a small grin from her and they continued to hold hands as they finished their dinner. When everyone was finished and the Inn wasn't getting any less crowded, Cyrene headed back to the kitchen and Xena stood at the table picking up the dishes.

"Sweetheart can you take these into the kitchen for me?" Xena asked Ulysses as she ran her hands over his neck and Ulysses grinned and nodded as he stood and picked up a pile of dishes and headed into the kitchen. Xena picked up the last pile and headed into the kitchen with them as well. "Did you talk to him?" Marguerite whispered to Julian who looked at his wife, "couldn't you tell by how silent and distant he was?" Julian asked then let out a breath, "so what did he say?" She asked, "bottom line, no matter what we say he's going to marry her." Julian said, "well Julian we have to talk to him," she said then went quiet as Ulysses walked back over to the table. "Let me make this clear, do not interfere with my relationship with Xena. This is different than what happened with Victoria, I will not accept or tolerate interference."

Ulysses said, "Ulysses we're not trying…" Marguerite started but Ulysses stopped her, "yes you are. Why can't you see that I love her with all my heart and she loves me? Is it because you don't want to see? You would rather you pick who I should marry. Well I'm telling you now that's not going to happen. I love Xena and I would like for you guys to get to know her more before you judge her after knowing her for a day." Ulysses talked to his parents in a low voice and they looked at him, "Ulysses she's a nice woman," Marguerite said, "well good, get to know her, for me," Ulysses said and they looked at her. "Its not that we don't want to get to know her, it's just that doing so will change nothing. You still can't marry her," Julian said and Ulysses let out a breath. "Tell me why, give me a good solid reason why I can't marry the woman I love," Ulysses said and Julian looked at his son.

"She's not of noble or royal blood Ulysses," Marguerite started and Ulysses shook his head, "that's not a good enough reason." He said, "and if that's the only reason you can think of, then there is no reason for me not to marry Xena." Ulysses said then stood and headed into the kitchen and he walked out of the back door. Ulysses was walking away from the Inn when he heard Virgil calling him, "hey Ulysses wait up," Virgil said as he jogged to catch up to his friend. Ulysses stopped and looked at Virgil when he caught up they began walking. "What's going on between you and your parents?" Virgil asked and Ulysses let out a breath, "they don't want me to marry Xena," Ulysses said and Virgil looked at him with surprise. "Really? They seemed to be really interested in meeting her," He said and Ulysses nodded. "I know, that's why I don't understand where all of this is coming from.

The best reason they could give me for not marrying Xena was that she was not of noble or royal blood," Ulysses said and Virgil nodded. "Well you knew it would be a problem," Virgil said, "but I didn't expect it to be this much of a problem. I didn't expect to have to choose between my family and the woman I love," Ulysses said and Virgil was silent for a minute. "You chose Xena," Virgil said and Ulysses nodded then looked at his best friend. "I love her, she is my earth, my Queen," Ulysses said and Virgil nodded. "Then you made the right decision but will you be able to live with it?" Virgil asked and Ulysses stopped and looked at his friend, "are you saying I should have chosen my family over Xena?" Ulysses asked and Virgil shook his head, "no I'm not saying that. Ulysses you made a decision based on what you felt was right, what was in your heart, I can't argue with that. But do you really want to spend the rest of your life without talking to your parents?

They are apart of your life as much as Xena is. Talk to them and try to get them to understand and maybe you guys can work it out," Virgil said and Ulysses let out a breath as he looked up at the sky as if he were looking for some guidance. "I'll see you in the morning," Virgil said to Ulysses as he clapped him on his shoulder and Ulysses nodded then let out a breath and continued walking. He walked for a while as he thought about what Virgil said and everything else but one thing was clear to him, he loved Xena with all his being and he would marry her. Back at the Inn Xena was very quiet as she continued to serve the patrons and help her mother in the kitchen. She was quiet because like Ulysses she had things on her mind, mostly the conversation she overheard between Ulysses and his father, what Maphias said to her and what she should do about everything.

By the time they were closed for the night Xena cleaned up the Inn then went to see about Argo, making sure the mare had food and clean water. She grabbed the brush and brushed her down as she talked to her, "I don't know what to do girl, I'm so confused." Xena said then leaned into Argo's neck letting out a breath then she patted the mare and told her good night before she left the stables. She headed back to the Inn and went down to her bedroom where she got ready for bed and wondered where Ulysses was. She let out a breath as she stoked the fire in her room since it was a little chilly and other than the fire place there was no other light in the room. Gemini lay on the rug by the bed and Xena got into bed pulling the sheet up over her body and she just lay there thinking. Twenty minutes later she heard Ulysses quietly open the door and she pretended to be asleep. He quietly went about the room getting ready for bed, putting nothing on but his pajama pants.

He then got in to the bed from the foot and laid behind Xena which was his regular spot. He lay on his back for a while just thinking before he looked over at Xena. He turned on his side, scooted up behind her and wrapped his arm around her as he inhaled her scent. He held her tightly and Xena moaned as she ran her hand over his arm and hand. Ulysses placed a few kisses on Xena's neck then laid his head down on the pillow and drifted off to sleep. Xena was still awake but with Ulysses holding her it wasn't long before she fell asleep. Two hours after midnight she woke up and just laid there thinking about the situation with Ulysses and his family. She looked down at the ring on her finger then at Ulysses' hand 'is your happiness worth hurting the man you love?' Xena questioned herself. Xena lay there for ten minutes since she couldn't get to sleep. After that she eased herself out of the bed without waking Ulysses then walked over to the door gently opening it and she held out her hand to Gemini telling the wolf to stay.

She quietly closed the door back then headed up stairs to the kitchen where she saw her mother sitting there with Corrinna. "What are you guys doing up?" Xena asked, "we're getting old, old people rarely sleep," Cyrene said and Corrinna grinned as she sipped on some tea. "What are you doing up?" Corrinna asked and Xena let out a breath as she sat down at the table, "I have too much on my mind," Xena said as Cyrene stood up to fix her daughter a cup of tea. "You're thinking about preparing for your wedding?" Corrinna asked and Xena let out a breath, "I wish I were. I don't even know if there is going to be a wedding," Xena said as she toyed with the ring on her finger. Cyrene walked back over to the table sitting the cup down in front of Xena, "why would you say that?" Cyrene asked her daughter and Xena looked at her mother, "Ulysses' parents don't want him to marry me," Xena said.

"Did they say that?" Cyrene asked, "not to me but to Ulysses. I overheard Julian telling Ulysses that he didn't want him to marry me." Xena said, "well did he say why?" Corrinna asked and Xena let out a breath, "apparently the main reason is because I'm not of royal blood and then the other is apparently I'm after his money." Xena said, "well that's just unbelievable. You're not after his money and it shouldn't matter if you're of royal blood or not, what matters is you and Ulysses are in love with each other." Cyrene said, "maybe that's not enough," Xena whispered after she took a small sip of the tea. "What did Ulysses say?" Corrinna asked and Xena let out a breath, "I haven't talked to him about it, he doesn't know that I overheard their conversation. He did defend me though and said he would marry me no matter what," Xena said and they looked at her. "Well there you have it you guys are still getting married," Corrinna said and Xena let out a breath as she stood.

"How can I marry him when his parents clearly don't approve? I mean I don't want to come between Ulysses and his parents. I don't want them to be cut out of his life and what happens if that does happen. What will it do to our relationship?" Xena asked, "Xena you really should talk to Ulysses," Cyrene told her daughter and Xena leaned against the counter as she folded her arms. "I'm afraid," Xena said and Cyrene stood and walked over to her daughter. "Of what dear?" She asked and Xena looked into her mother's eyes, "that he'll listen to them and our relationship will be over or that he doesn't listen to them and his relationship with them will be over and it'll put a strain on our relationship until it will be over." Xena said and Cyrene looked at her daughter as she caressed her arm, "tell me what to do momma," Xena said and Cyrene grinned a little. "Oh Xena I can't tell you what to do, what decision to make. The only thing I can tell you is to follow your heart," Cyrene said. "But my heart and mind are saying two different things," Xena said.

"Then you have to make the decision that's best for you," Corrinna said. Meanwhile back in Xena's room Ulysses woke up five minutes after Xena was gone. He sat up and looked around the room but when he didn't see her he got out of the bed and walked over to the door walking out of it with Gemini following him. Ulysses was going to check the chamber but he heard voices coming from the kitchen so that's where he headed. When he walked into the kitchen he saw Xena standing by the counter and Cyrene comforting her. "Is everything alright?" Ulysses asked as he walked into the kitchen and Xena looked at him, "yea everything's fine," Xena said then cleared her throat and turned. "We should be getting back to bed," Corrinna said as she stood and Cyrene touched Xena on her arm before she turned and headed back downstairs to her room with Corrinna.

When they were gone Ulysses walked over to Xena standing behind her and placing his hands on her arms, "what's wrong?" He asked her and Xena let out a breath as she turned and looked at Ulysses, "I overheard you and your father talking tonight," Xena said and Ulysses let out a breath as he looked down for a moment. "I'm sorry you had to hear that," Ulysses said and Xena looked at him. "Ulysses I love you so much and nothing would make me happier than becoming your wife but I don't want to cause problems between you and your family." Xena said and Ulysses looked at her, "Xena my problems with my parents haven't started because I want to marry you. They've always been there because they want to control my life. If you heard the conversation with my father then you know that I told him that no matter what I was going to marry you because I love you,"

Ulysses said then placed his hand on Xena's cheek as he looked into her eyes, "I love you Xena, you are my earth, my Queen and nothing, no one, will stop me from making you my wife." Ulysses said and Xena looked at him, "you chose me over your family. It will put a strain on our relationship," Xena said and Ulysses shook his head. "No it won't. Xena you are my life and I didn't have to think twice about the decision I have made. Now I'm going to try and get my parents to see what I see when I look at you but if they don't accept that we are getting married and welcome you into our family then that's their decision, it's their loss. And my decision will be to marry and build our own family, here in Amphipolis," Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes then let out a breath. "I'm so scared Ulysses," Xena said and he looked into her eyes, "of what?" He asked and Xena swallowed hard as she told Ulysses her fears.

"That you'll listen to your parents and what we have, the love we've found will be no more. And then I'm afraid that you'll regret the decision you've made to chose me over them and everything will still be over." Xena said then looked down for a moment, "I love you so much," she said as she held Ulysses' hands while looking into his eyes. "And I can't bear living life without you but as much as marrying you would make me the happiest woman alive your happiness means more to me than my own. So if I have to give you up to save your relationship with your parents then I will," Xena said with tears in her eyes and Ulysses shook his head as he held Xena's face in his hands while looking into her eyes. "No, because then we would both be miserable and my relationship with my parents would un-doubtly be ruined because I would blame them for losing you." Ulysses said then stepped closer to Xena, "I know things look bad now but trust me when I say it'll get better.

Everything will be fine, I need you to believe that, believe me and in me and our love." Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes, "I do," she said as a lone tear rolled down her face and Ulysses wiped it away with his thumb as he looked into her eyes. "Will you, Xena of Amphipolis, marry me?" Ulysses asked again and Xena looked into his eyes as she answered him, "yes," she said and Ulysses grinned as he leaned in and kissed Xena softly and then they hugged. "Yes, a million times yes," Xena whispered to Ulysses and he grinned as he placed a kiss on her neck. When the hug ended he caressed her cheek as he looked at her, "come on lets go back to bed," Ulysses said and they walked back down stairs hand in hand to Xena's bedroom. Once there they got back into bed holding each other the way they were before and that's they way they fell asleep and Xena's mind was lighter but her concerns weren't completely gone.

When morning came Xena and Ulysses were both up early and they went for a run along with Gemini. They actually had fun on their run as they clowned around and then they did some friendly sparring while they were out. Back at the Inn Marguerite came down to the kitchen where Cyrene was of course already up fixing breakfast. "Good morning," Marguerite said and Cyrene looked at her, "is it?" Cyrene asked and Marguerite looked at her and watched as Cyrene walked over and sat down at the table looking at Marguerite. "What is it that you and your husband have against my daughter marrying your son?" Cyrene asked and Marguerite let out a breath, "we have nothing against her," she said. "Sure you do? You think she isn't good enough because she's isn't royalty but let me tell you something, there are more things that are important than the blood that runs through a person's veins.

That blood gives a person nothing but the right to a position but it doesn't make the person. Xena is as smart, cunning and honorable as the next noble or king, maybe even more so. So you shouldn't judge her without getting to know her. She has been judged enough in her life just because she chose to be different than everyone else. She doesn't need to or deserves to be judge by you and your husband because of what she isn't." Cyrene said as she looked Marguerite dead into her eyes, "you know I'm beginning to see why Ulysses left. You're trying to control his life instead of letting him live it the way he wants to. Ulysses is a great man and he is lucky to have a woman like Xena. It would be sad if his own parents missed his wedding because of something a person is not. Don't push yourselves out of your son's life, you'll only end up regretting it," Cyrene finished then stood and went back over to the stove.

Marguerite sat there and thought about what Cyrene said until Xena and Ulysses walked in through the back door grinning at each other. They both stopped cold when they noticed Marguerite sitting at the table, "good morning," Xena said in a polite tone. "Good morning Xena," Marguerite said then watched as Xena turned to Ulysses, "I'm going get cleaned up," she said and he nodded and watched her go downstairs. Ulysses looked at his mother for a moment before he too headed downstairs and Marguerite let out a breath as she saw that Cyrene was right. Was something as simple as Xena not being of noble or royal blood worth losing her son over? Marguerite stood and walked over to Cyrene, "can you use some help?" She asked and Cyrene looked at her and nodded, "yea you can crack those eggs in that bowl and whip them up for me," Cyrene said and that's what Marguerite did.

Xena and Ulysses both took showers in separate stalls then went back to the room and got dressed. Since it was chilly, Xena wore her black leather pants and a shirt and Ulysses wore his brown leather pants and off white shirt. They both had at least two daggers on them mainly in their boots. When they were dressed they went back up to the kitchen, Ulysses went to the dinning area where he sat at the table and talked with Virgil, Toris and Lyceus totally ignoring his father. Back in the kitchen Xena helped her mother prepare breakfast and she was silent as she did so. Marguerite looked at Xena and Ulysses' words came back to her. 'If you would just get to know her and not judge her' she heard in her mind and thought her son was right and she thought she shouldn't be so quick to judge people.

"Xena," Marguerite called and Xena looked at her, "I should say that Julian and I don't want you to marry Ulysses." She said, "I know that," Xena said as she looked at Marguerite. "Well what you don't know is that I feel that we have unjustly judged you, we don't even know you and I am surprised at myself. I'm usually not so quick to judge people, I guess my maternal instincts to protect Ulysses kicked in," Marguerite said and Xena looked at her. "Its okay, I guess I can understand that," Xena said and Marguerite. "Then I hope you will forgive me and allow me to make it up to you by taking the time and getting to know you. Perhaps when there is time we can go for a walk and get to know each other better," Marguerite suggested and Xena nodded as her eyes brightened a little. "I would like that," she said with a small grin and Marguerite grinned as well then went back to what she was doing as did Xena.

When breakfast was ready Xena began bringing things out and she looked at Ulysses who was sitting at the bar. She walked up to him wrapping her arm around his shoulder as she placed a kiss on his cheek. "Guess what?" Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he looked at her, "what?" He asked, "your mother apologized to me for judging me without getting to know me. She says she wants to get to know me and wants me to get to know her, so when we have time today we're going to go for a walk." Xena said and Ulysses smiled, "that's great and I know you'll charm her," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she looked into his eyes. "You were right everything is going to be okay," Xena said and Ulysses grinned then closed his eyes as Xena leaned in and kissed him. When the kiss ended Xena was grinning from ear to ear as she leaned her forehead against Ulysses' who smiled as he toyed with her fingers. "I love seeing you this happy," he said and Xena continued to smile as she pulled Ulysses up from the stool then kissed him once more.

"I love being this happy," she said and Ulysses leaned in and kissed her once more before she let him lead her over to the table where he sat down and she sat down next to her. Cyrene and Marguerite brought out the last of the food and everyone began to eat and talk amongst themselves. "Oh Ulysses when you're finished could you fix a couple of things for me?" Cyrene asked and he grinned at her, "sure," he said. "My son fixing things, now this I have to see," Julian said and Ulysses just ignored him. When breakfast was done everyone went their separate ways, Julian followed Ulysses outside in the back where Ulysses began to fix a table. "Where did you learn that?" Julian asked but Ulysses acted as if he didn't hear him, "you know you can't go the whole time without talking to me," Julian said to his son. "Watch me," Ulysses said as he stooped down and began sanding a piece of the table down.

"Ulysses I understand you're angry with me," Julian said and Ulysses looked at his father. "I'm not angry with you," Ulysses said and Julian looked at him. "You're not angry," Julian said and Ulysses shook his head then looked into his father's eyes. "No I'm not angry with you dad, I'm disappointed in you," Ulysses said then stood and approached his father. "You always taught me not to judge people before getting to know them, to think for myself and stand up for my beliefs. Yet here you are judging Xena for what she is or rather what she isn't, instead of who she is. I'm standing up for the belief that she is a wonderful, intelligent, loving woman who means the world to me but you don't see that. You never have seen what's important to me and what matters to me the most. I've always done what you've wanted, I've always been at your side doing what you asked of me without question. Now all I want from you is to accept the woman that I love for the great person she is and congratulate me on getting married."

Ulysses said as he looked into his father's eyes, "but you won't do that for me will you father? You won't be happy for me. All you will continue to do is criticize the woman I love and the relationship we have. I mean what happened to you dad?" Ulysses asked as he walked over to his father a little bit, "what happened to that great man who use to take his time and made it a priority to get to know people?" Ulysses asked and Julian let out a breath as he looked at his son, "I'm still that same man Ulysses it's just that you're my son," Julian said. "I understand that and I understand that you are concerned for me but if anything you ought to be showing Xena the great man that I've talked about instead of a pompous King." Ulysses said and Julian raised his eyes in surprise at that, "and another thing, how could you think she was just after my money? It's not like her family is poor. They're doing better than most, Tartarus I had a hard time getting her to take the money I left here for her.

You and mother just jumped to conclusions because Xena is a commoner," Ulysses said then shook his head at his father. "You ought to be ashamed of yourself, I'm very disappointed in you dad and any way Xena already knows anything she wants I'll give her." Ulysses said then stood there with his arms crossed, "are you finished now?" Julian asked and Ulysses nodded, "all of a sudden I feel like the child and you the parent. The sad thing is that you're right," Julian said and Ulysses looked at his father. "I didn't really get to know Xena, the fact is that your mother and I both thought that this was just one of your relationships and that it wasn't going to last long. That's why it didn't matter to us who she was but when you asked her to marry you…Ulysses you have to understand you are a prince and the person you marry is important. It's crucial to the kingdom and its welfare."

Julian said to his son, "don't you think I know that? Do you think the only quality I look for in a woman is how she looks and if she's great in bed? If you think that obviously you listen to Camilla too much," Ulysses said then let out a breath as he spoke to his father. "Do you know what attracted me to Xena the most? The fact that she is different than your average woman, she is strong in body and in mind. The first time I saw her I was actually afraid to speak to her. Dad she challenges me in ways no other woman ever has, I can be myself around her, she'll tell me off, give me advice and criticize me without fear. I can have an intelligent conversation with her, sometimes she makes me feel dumb. She can fight as well as I can maybe even better but her demeanor is still as soft as a woman's. She's a great friend, fantastic lover and will be an amazing wife.

If you give her the chance," Ulysses said to his father and Julian looked into his son's eyes, "you really love her. I can't believe this, my son has finally fallen in love and here I thought I would never see the day," Julian said and Ulysses grinned as he looked down for a moment. "You wanted to know how I changed, Xena is that reason. She made me want to change, to be a better man for myself and for her." Ulysses said and Julian nodded, "I see that, I also see a side of you I have never seen before. A softer and loving side and I'm proud to say it fits you well," Julian said and Ulysses nodded. "So does that mean you've changed your mind?" Ulysses asked, "I'm not saying yes and I'm not saying no." Julian said, "well what are you saying?" Ulysses asked, "I'm saying let me get a chance to really know her. We'll spend a week and a half here but we can't spend more because of…" Julian said and Ulysses nodded.

"I know but dad please understand this, I love Xena with all my heart and whatever your decision I will marry her. I don't want to have to choose between Xena and my family but as I told you yesterday, I will choose and I will choose Xena," Ulysses said and Julian looked at his son. "I understand, you're standing up for what you believe in and think is right. I couldn't be prouder," Julian said then slapped Ulysses on his arm before he turned and headed into the Inn. When he was in the kitchen he talked quietly to Marguerite, "I've decided to talk to Xena and get to know her better," Julian said and Marguerite nodded. "So have I," Marguerite said, "did Ulysses talk to you too?" Julian asked and Marguerite shook her head, "no Cyrene did, apparently Xena knows we don't want her to marry Ulysses. We're going for a walk later on, you're welcome to join us," Marguerite said and Julian nodded.

"I think that's a great idea," he said then placed a kiss on Marguerite's cheek then headed into the dinning area. The rest of the day passed and before they knew it lunch was on them and the Inn was crowded which didn't leave much time for Xena to eat since she was running around the Inn. Ulysses didn't really have much time to eat either since he was keeping the trouble down in the Inn, the people seemed to be getting a little grouchy or perhaps more stressed out with winter approaching. Ulysses had a little to eat and Xena grabbed herself an apple but she soon went back to work around the Inn. It was three hours after lunch and things had finally slowed down until there were but a few patrons in the Inn eating. "Why don't you and Marguerite take this time and go for a walk," Cyrene suggested to Xena who nodded then walked over to Marguerite who was sitting at the table peeling potatoes. "Since its so slow now, we can go for that walk," Xena said to Marguerite who grinned and nodded.

"Just let me go and get Julian he said he wanted to come along as well," Marguerite said as she stood and wiped her hands on the apron that she had been borrowing and she took it off sitting it in the chair she just left. "That is okay with you isn't it?" Marguerite asked Xena who grinned and nodded, "sure it's no problem," she said and when Marguerite was out the door Xena let out a breath. "They're gonna kill me," she said and Cyrene grinned at her daughter. "I swear you can be just as dramatic as Toris," she said to her daughter. "They just probably want to talk to you together, I'm sure it'll be fine." Cyrene said and Xena looked at her mother, "come with me," she said and Cyrene patted Xena's arm. "You need to talk to them alone, without me and without Ulysses," Cyrene said then walked away before Xena could say anything else. Marguerite walked into the kitchen with Julian behind her and Xena let out a breath, "so are we ready to go?" Xena asked and they nodded, "yea we're ready," Julian said and Xena nodded then headed out the back door holding the door open for Marguerite until Julian did so.

Xena began walking towards one of her favorite spots since it was a beautiful place and she wanted to make the best impression on Ulysses' parents as possible. "How far is this place?" Marguerite asked and Xena looked at her, "not far, we'll be there in a couple of minutes," Xena said and then she looked down at Gemini who had taken it upon herself to tag along with her mistress and Xena was grateful to have at least one friend that she knew of there with her. The walk to where Xena was taking them was quiet, five minutes later they arrived at an open field but they were on a small hill where when you looked down you could see the sun shinning down on the small stream and the miles of green grass. Xena took them over to a shaded tree, "hang on for a minute," she said and they looked at Xena as she began to climb the tree with ease until she reached what she was looking for. When she had it she jumped down and looked at their surprised faces, "I come out here often," Xena said as she held up a covered blanket in her hands. She took the cover off of it then spread it out on the ground mainly for Marguerite. "Thank you," Marguerite told Xena who nodded as she sat down on the ground and Julian sat down next to Marguerite.

There was silence once more and they looked at Xena as she petted Gemini who laid her head in Xena's lap. "So Xena, it's just you and your mother and brothers?" Marguerite asked and Xena looked at her, "yes, my father left a long time ago," she said and Marguerite nodded. "Do you mind if we ask why?" Julian asked and Xena looked at him then let out a breath as she continued petting Gemini, "my father, whose name is Atrius, was a soldier so he wasn't around much but when he was home, he made it a habit to spend up all the money mother had made and getting drunk. And when he got drunk or when he wasn't for that matter he like to hit on my mother and when he was at his worse he hit on me. One day he almost beat me to death and that was the last day any of us saw him," Xena said and they looked at her. "I'm sorry you and your family had to go through that," Julian said and Xena hunched her shoulders. "We've come out stronger for it," Xena said as she looked at them. "Do you mind if I ask you guys a question?" Xena asked and they shook their heads, "no, go ahead," Marguerite said and Xena looked down for a minute then back at them.

"What is it about me that you don't like?" She asked, "oh Xena its nothing personal about you that we don't like," Marguerite said. "As far as we're concerned you seem to be a lovely young lady," she said and Xena nodded. "Then why is it that you think…" Xena said as she looked at Julian, "that I just want to marry Ulysses for his money and the position that he holds?" She asked and Julian looked down for a minute, "Ulysses told you about that," he said and she shook her head, "I overheard you talking to him." Xena said and Julian nodded as he looked into Xena's eyes. "I'm sorry for saying that, I had no right, especially since I didn't know you well enough to judge you. But you have to see what we see and understand where we're coming from. Ulysses is our only son and granted he is not the only heir to my throne he is the best choice simply because he is a man. I have no doubt that our daughter Camilla could rule and quite well but problems would occur inside the kingdom and outside as well.

So it is important to us and crucial to our kingdom that Ulysses remain the main heir to the throne and also that he finds a suitable wife and what we mean by suitable is someone of noble or royal blood. When Ulysses told us about you, well we had no problem with the fact that you were a commoner because we thought this was another one of his relationships, albeit he's never said he was in love with anyone. But when it comes to Ulysses and women," Julian started and Xena nodded. "I know all about Ulysses' relationships with the many women he's been with," Xena said and Julian nodded. "Then you can understand our thinking," he said and she nodded. "Any way, we knew you and he were involved but we didn't know how much and we didn't ask. It was a real surprise to us when Ulysses asked you to marry him. Never has my line married a commoner ever and then you're not even of our kingdom, you don't know how things work there, what laws we have and the way things are, the way they work. So you can begin to see some of our concerns," Julian said and Xena nodded.

"I can but none of those concerns present reason enough for Ulysses and I not to be married. You say I'm not of royal and noble blood, that is true but how many women can say that they are the chosen of a God. I am Athena's chosen and in many people's eyes that holds me in a position higher than any nobleman, prince, princess, Queen, or King. I am a god's right hand, the goddess and I share a special bond. And if you're worried about your kingdom being protected through a marriage then if Ulysses marries me you will definitely be protected by Athena herself." Xena said and they listened to what she was saying as she made some good points. "And if you're worried about me fitting in then I should tell you now I rarely fit in anywhere because I have my own mind and I'm not afraid to speak it. However, that does not mean that I would not respect your laws, traditions and ways of living." Xena said and they looked at her, "I think I'm beginning to see some of what Ulysses sees in you," Julian said and Xena gave him a grin. "We still don't know you that well and we still have quite a few concerns," Marguerite said and Xena nodded.

"I understand and I propose everyday around this time we come here and talk so that we can get to know each other better and as for the other concerns you have tell them to me and I'll do my best to reassure you." Xena said and so that's what they spent over an hour doing before they headed back to the Inn. "Ulysses will you calm down," Cyrene told him as he paced back and forth. "How can you tell me to calm down? I can't calm down, my mother and father went on a walk with my girlfriend and the gods only know what they've filled her head with." He said and Corrinna sat there peeling a peach as she watched Ulysses in amusement, "they've been gone way too long," Ulysses said and Cyrene shook her head at him. "They've just been gone a little over an hour. Ulysses, Xena and your parents need this time alone to work out their differences and to get to know each other," Cyrene said and Ulysses let out a breath as he stopped and ran his fingers through his hair. "I know but I just wish I could have gone with her, my mother I would trust with Xena but my father…" Ulysses said then shook his head. "He'll fill her head about what's best for Ithaca and its people and me and her and on and on and on he'll go until Xena has it in her mind that's he's right and we shouldn't get married, we shouldn't even be together."

Ulysses said, "sounds like you doubt your love for each other," Corrinna said and Ulysses looked at her. "I don't doubt our love I'm just remembering how upset Xena was last night over what she heard my father tell me. She was so close to calling off the wedding, I could see it in her eyes and now she's alone with my father," he said then let out a breath and when he did that it was as if all of his energy left him and he sat down heavily in a chair. Just as he sat down his mother and father walked into the Inn followed by Xena and he hopped right back and up and rushed over to her. "Are you alright? What did they do? Did they say anything mean to you or to hurt your feelings?" Ulysses asked and it seemed all in one breath, "sweetheart calm down, I'm fine and your mother and father were great to me. In fact we had a great time talking to each other and got a lot of things out in the air," Xena said and Ulysses nodded. "Oh that's good, things like what?" He asked and Xena grinned at him as she caressed his cheek, "what's wrong Ulysses you don't trust your own parents?" Marguerite asked and he turned and looked at his mother, "not when you guys are together," he said and they grinned as they shook their heads.

"I assure you we did nothing but talk and get to know each other, that's all. We asked Xena some questions and she asked us some questions. There was no yelling, no hurtful words, nothing but an intelligent conversation between adults." Julian told his son and Ulysses looked at him for a minute then back at Xena but he kept his father in his peripheral vision. "Is that true?" He asked and Xena grinned and nodded as she looked into Ulysses' eyes, "it is, it was a little scary and awkward at first but we talked and everything worked out just fine." She said and Ulysses let out a breath as he nodded, "I'm glad," he said. "I look forward to our talk tomorrow Xena," Marguerite said then headed out of the kitchen with Julian. "What? What is she talking about?" Ulysses asked and Xena looked at him, "I'll tell you about it later, right now I need to help mother finish preparing dinner." Xena said and Ulysses was about to say something when Xena raised her eyebrow and he let out a breath, "alright but we will talk about this later." He said and Xena grinned at him as she leaned forward and kissed him softly and when the kiss ended Ulysses grinned at Xena as he shook his head then walked out of the Inn headed to the fields.

The day passed by fairly quickly and when it was time for dinner they all sat down and ate and the atmosphere was noticeably a lot less tense. There was talking and a lot of laughter going on and everyone was just enjoying themselves. As the evening progressed on, the dinner rush came in and they had their hands full for a while but after that was done they were able to relax a while longer. When it got late and the Inn closed everyone headed to bed except for Ulysses who helped Xena clean up the dinning area and while they did that they clowned around and had fun. When they were done, they bid Cyrene a good night who also headed to her room. "Today has definitely been a busy yet interesting day," Xena said as she walked into her room kicking off her shoes and beginning to get undressed. "I'll say," Ulysses said as he leaned against the door looking at Xena.

"You've got more talent than I knew if you can win my parents over in a couple of hours. Tartarus I can't even do that," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she turned around and looked at him. "I guess that means you'll just have to keep me around," Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he walked up to her then wrapped her in his arms. "I guess so," he said and Xena grinned as she looked into his eyes while running her hands up and down his arms in and slow motion. "Mmm," Xena moaned just before Ulysses leaned in and kissed her softly and as time passed the kiss became a passionate tasting of lips. "You've really got to tell me how you did that," Ulysses said when the kiss ended and he moaned as Xena leaned in and began kissing and sucking on his neck as she undid his shirt with one hand, her other hand was busy caressing the side of Ulysses' face. "Do you want to know right now?" Xena asked then sucked on Ulysses' earlobe and his mouth opened slightly in pleasure.

"Nnn…no," he stuttered and Xena grinned as she began placing kisses on his cheek, "I didn't think so," she said then kissed him passionately and they both moaned. Soon they stripped their clothes off of each other throwing them all over the room and once they were in the bed they began making passionate love. Half an hour later they were sharing a very deep passionate kiss as Ulysses thrust at a medium pace. One of Xena's hands caressed Ulysses' back and the other gripped the sheet, Ulysses was holding himself up on his forearms and he ran his hand down Xena's arm to her hand that was clenching the sheets and intertwined his fingers with hers. Xena moaned as she ran her other hand up Ulysses' shoulder until she was running her fingers through his hair. A few minutes later she rolled Ulysses onto his back and took control for a moment which he loved, out of all the women he had been with none had really taken control without him prompting them to.

Forty-five minutes later Ulysses lay on his back and Xena lay in his arms and they were silent as they caressed each other basking in the after glow of their lovemaking. "You know I love the way you make love to me," Xena said as she placed a kiss on Ulysses' chest and he grinned as he ran his fingers up and down her back. "Ummm…well I know I love the way you make love to me. No other woman has made me feel the way you make me feel. I love the way you touch me, kiss me, hold me and I definitely love the way you take control of me," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she raised her head and looked into his eyes. "Really?" She asked with a sparkle in her eyes and Ulysses smiled as he caressed her hair, "really," he said then smiled and chuckled as Xena rose up and kissed him softly but passionately.

When the kiss was over she placed a kiss on his chest, "I love you so much," Xena whispered as she looked up at Ulysses while running her finger over his cheek. "I love you too," Ulysses said then rose up a little to kiss Xena and when the kiss ended Ulysses picked up Xena's hand and kissed the back of it twice as she lay her head back down on his chest. A couple of minutes later Gemini jumped onto the bed, "Gemini," Xena said with laughter in her voice. "I think she's jealous," Ulysses said as he stroked the wolf as did Xena. "Nah, tell your daddy you're not jealous, you just want some attention too," Xena said and Gemini proved her right as she lay her head down on Ulysses' other side while he and Xena continued to pet her. "You've spoiled her," Ulysses said and Xena chuckled, "oh yea this is my fault." Xena said in an unbelieving voice and Ulysses grinned at her as he pulled her closer.

"My family," he whispered as he placed a kiss on Xena's forehead and she grinned at that. "So what happened between you and my parents?" Ulysses asked and Xena grinned as she pulled the sheet closer to her chest, "I was wondering when you were going to ask me that," Xena said and Ulysses looked at her. "Well as you recall I tried to ask you earlier but um…we became somewhat distracted," Ulysses said with a grin and Xena smiled as she laid on her side her elbow on the pillow as she used her hand to hold up her head.

"I do recall and if you want, we can be distracted again," Xena said as she ran her hand over Ulysses' chest and he smiled at her. "Oh you're a wicked woman," he said and Xena chuckled at him. "Nothing really happened, I just took them to the spot by the stream," Xena said and Ulysses nodded. "Now that's a spot that has memories," Ulysses said and Xena grinned at him. "Now who's being wicked?" She said and he grinned at her, "anyway, the first couple of minutes were awkward because it was so silent, I was thankful that Gemini had followed me." Xena said as he petted the wolf, "they asked me about my father and I told them a little about him, just the basics, then I asked them why they didn't want me to marry you and they told me. I could really understand some of their concerns but being the smart woman that I am, I pointed out a solution to them all," Xena said and Ulysses nodded.

"Let me see, they were worried about you not being of noble and royal blood, probably fitting in at Ithaca, what kind of woman you were," Ulysses said and Xena nodded. "To name a few," she said and Ulysses shook his head, "I'm sorry, I should have warned you, my parents can be a bit overbearing at times." Ulysses said, "don't apologize, we really needed this time together to get to know each other. Which is why every day around that time until we leave, we'll go for walks and talk to get to know each other more and more, bit by bit everyday," Xena said and Ulysses nodded. "Well I guess it's alright, but they can be a bit much to handle when they're together," Ulysses said and Xena grinned at him. "I can handle it Ulysses, I've handled a lot worse," she said and he nodded.

"Besides if I can make it through this with just your parents, then I ought to be good when we get to Ithaca," Xena said and Ulysses looked at her. "I've been meaning to talk to you about that," Ulysses said and Xena looked at him. "Oh Ulysses don't tell me I have to wait more months until you come back again," Xena said as she sat up some and he sat up also, "no, no its nothing like that," he said and she looked at him as she held the sheet to her chest. "Then what is it?" She asked, "well we have to leave in a week because of what happened with the war and everything. My father doesn't want to leave the kingdom unattended for too long," Ulysses said and Xena nodded. "Okay," she said and he looked at her as he toyed with her fingers, "you're okay with leaving your family that soon?" Ulysses asked and Xena grinned at him, "it's not like I'll be leaving them forever," Xena said then thought about that for a minute.

"I won't be, will I?" She asked and Ulysses grinned as he shook his head, "no, you'll be able to come and visit them as much as you want and they can do the same." He said and Xena grinned and nodded, "besides I'll be seeing them I'm assuming in a couple of months when we start getting ready for the wedding," Xena said and Ulysses nodded. "I'm a guy, I know nothing about weddings so it's all up to you when you want to have it?" Ulysses said as he laid back down and Xena looked at him, "I'm not going to make all the decisions myself concerning OUR wedding," Xena said to Ulysses, stressing our when she said it. He looked at her then grinned as he rolled her onto her back lying between her legs and Xena laughed at Ulysses, "all I'm saying is I think it'll be better if you choose when you want to have it and everything else we'll do together," Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes as she ran her fingers through his hair.

"You promise?" Xena asked and he grinned at her, "I promise," he said and she smiled as she bit down on her lower lip as she rose up and kissed him some. "Can I bring Gemini and Argo?" Xena asked after the kiss ended and Ulysses nodded then initiated the next kiss. As they kissed Xena wrapped her arms around Ulysses intent on deepening the kiss which is what happened. Ulysses moaned as Xena rolled him onto his back pushing his head down into the pillow as she pushed her tongue into his mouth. "Mmmm," Ulysses moaned as he ran his fingers through Xena's hair while his other hand pulled on the sheet which was the barrier between his body and hers. "Ummm," Xena moaned as Ulysses succeeded in pulling the sheet free and now his hands were running all over her body as he rose up some trying to keep the kiss as deep as it was. A few minutes later Xena finally broke the kiss for air and she was breathing hard as she tilted her head back and moaned as Ulysses began kissing, sucking and nipping on her neck.

Ulysses found a particular sensitive spot on Xena's neck and he sucked on it then nibbled on it pulling at it with his teeth causing Xena to gasp in pleasure. After that Xena grabbed Ulysses' hair pulling him from her neck and up to her lips where they began to kiss deeply and passionately once more. Gemini jumped down off the bed since they were about to roll onto her and Ulysses and Xena began laughing. "Sorry Gemini," Ulysses told the wolf then looked at what she was doing which was fixing herself a place to lie on his clothes. "Why does she always make a bed out of my clothes?" Ulysses asked then Xena turned his head back towards her looking into his eyes as she caressed his cheek. "Is that really what's on your mind right now?" She asked in a sultry tone and he looked into her eyes as he shook his head, "no, you're the only thing on my mind right now," he said.

"You talk the talk but can you walk the walk?" Xena asked with a grin and Ulysses grinned at her then showed her what he could indeed do. An hour into it Xena was on top riding Ulysses and the pleasure was extreme for them both, so much so that Xena began to bang her hand on the wall. Toris tossed and turned in his bed until he got out of bed and banged on the wall, "hey will you guys chill out in there," Toris yelled through the wall. Ulysses rolled Xena onto her back and took things from there and it wasn't long before he was hitting the wall. Toris continued to toss and turn in his bed while holding the pillow to his ears trying to block out the noise which was impossible. He soon got out of bed and left his room and went to Xena's where he knocked on the door. "Hey Xena, can you and Ulysses take it down a notch?"

Toris yelled and then Lyceus came out of his room, "what's wrong?" He asked and Toris looked at his brother then pointed to the door, "that's what's wrong," he said and Lyceus looked at him then put his head to the door and after a minute he pulled it away and grinned at Toris. "They're making too much noise for you huh?" Lyceus asked and Toris looked at him, "this isn't funny. I can't get any sleep," Toris said and Lyceus looked at him. "Well I'd like to help you but seeing as it's not my problem," Lyceus said then grinned as he slapped his brother on his shoulder. "Have a good night," he said then turned and headed back into his room and Toris let out a breath and went back into his room. He laid down and tried to get some sleep but it was just no use, he could still here them so he got out of bed grabbed his pillow and blanket then left his room.

He knocked on Lyceus' door and Lyceus opened the door, "wh…" Lyceus was about to ask when Toris pushed his way into the room. "I'm sleeping with you," Toris said and Lyceus looked at his brother, "um…I don't think it's normal for brothers to have sex together," Lyceus said and Toris looked at his brother. "Not that way you idiot, I'd just figured I'd get some sleep in here," he said and Lyceus let out a breath as he closed the door then went to get back into his bed which he would now be sharing with Toris. "Hey scoot over," Toris told Lyceus who let out a breath as he scooted over until he was almost on the edge of the bed. "You can't scoot any more?" Toris asked who was also on the end of the bed, "no Toris, look this is my bed and my room why don't you sleep on the floor," Lyceus said.

"I don't think so, not after all those times I let you sleep with me when you were scared," Toris said and Lyceus let out a breath. "Toris I was six," he said, "but it wasn't my problem was it? Yet I let you sleep with me out of the goodness of my heart," Toris said and Lyceus let out a breath as he pulled his cover up on him and let out another breath. "Fine but you're not going to make a habit of this," Lyceus said and they both settled down to go to sleep. Back in Xena's room fifteen minutes after Toris went to Lyceus' room they were finally finished. "You were absolutely amazing," Xena said to Ulysses as she raised her head and placed a kiss on his sweaty neck. "Thanks, you were amazing too. Gods that thing you did with your hips," Ulysses said then let out a breath as he shook his head and laughed.

Xena was lying on top of Ulysses and she chuckled at him as she placed a kiss on his cheek, "only for you," she said and he grinned at her. "I love you," he said as he wrapped his arms tighter around her and Xena grinned as she lay with her face basically in his neck, "I love you too," she said and they laid there for a while then fell asleep in their current positions. When morning came they slept well pass an hour after sunrise only waking up once to let Gemini out of the room knowing Cyrene was up and would let the wolf out. In fact they didn't wake up again until there was a knock at the door. Xena moaned as she pushed into Ulysses, "we should probably answer that," Ulysses said with his eyes still closed as he ran his fingers up and down Xena's back. "Yea," she said but didn't move until there was another knock, Xena let out a breath as she got off of Ulysses then got out of the bed picking up Ulysses' shirt putting it on and buttoning it up, it fell to the tops of her thighs.

She opened the door to see Lyceus standing there, "did I interrupt anything?" He asked with a grin and Xena grinned as she pushed him, "only our sleep," she said and Lyceus nodded. "Well mom told me to come and wake you guys for breakfast, after all you need to keep up your strength," Lyceus said with a huge smile and Xena grinned at him as she started trying to hit him but he used his hands and dodged her hits. Ulysses by then had gotten up and put on his pants then walked over to the door wrapping his arms around Xena's waist then proceeded to pick her up and moved her away from Lyceus. "Hey it's no fun now that you have a man to save you," Lyceus said and Xena grinned at him as she wrapped her arms around Ulysses' waist holding on to him and Ulysses grinned as he ran his hand over her hand and arm. "Well you ought to find you a woman who can do the same," Xena said and Lyceus put his hand on chest, "oh that hurt," he said with a grin.

"Hurry up and get dressed, breakfast is almost done," Lyceus said then closed the door for them. Ulysses turned around and looked at Xena, "good morning," he said and she grinned. "Yes it is," she said then closed her eyes as they kissed softly. When the kiss ended Ulysses grinned at Xena, "you look so sexy in my shirt," he said and she smiled at him. "And you look so sexy without it," she said as she ran her hands over his chest. "Gods I love you," Ulysses whispered against Xena's lips and she grinned, "oh yeah?" She said after the kiss then let out a squeal as Ulysses grabbed her thighs and picked her up, her legs automatically wrapping around him. "I can't believe you just did that," she said as she hit his shoulder and he smiled at her. "But you liked it," he said seeing the pleasure and surprise from his actions in her eyes and she grinned at him as she ran her fingers through his hair then leaned down and kissed him softly.

Ulysses stood there moaning as Xena tasted his lips and he tasted hers, when the kiss ended Xena looked down at Ulysses as he continued to hold her. "Lyceus is right about one thing," she said and he looked at her. "And that is?" He asked, "we should eat if only to keep up our strength," Xena said with a smile that got larger as Ulysses laughed at her. "Too true, especially if we have another night like last night," he said and Xena grinned. "Yea, last night was pretty amazing, you showed me that there is definitely more to you than meets the eye." Xena said and Ulysses grinned at her, "that makes both of us. Are you sure you were a virgin?" He asked and she chuckled at him as she placed her hands on his shoulders and hopped down. "You tell me, I know you felt it before you broke through it," Xena said and Ulysses nodded as he wrapped his arms around Xena pulling her to him.

"That was the most special and beautiful night I have ever had," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she nodded. "I completely gave you my heart that night," she said as Ulysses leaned in. "And I thank you and the gods for that everyday. The first day I saw you I gave you my heart, the first time we kissed I gave you my soul and on that night I gave myself to you in a way that I had never given it to anyone before. I surrendered myself completely and utterly to you and I have not regretted it, in fact that is the best decision I will have ever made in my life." Ulysses said and Xena just looked into his eyes as she caressed his face, "I don't know why the gods decided to bless us with the love that we have but I'm glad that they did," Xena said and Ulysses grinned.

"The love that we have, that we share is greater than the gods, this goes beyond them, it's all about us, we complete each other." Ulysses said as he ran his fingers over the half circle on Xena's necklace before he leaned in and kissed her softly but passionately. "We need to get dressed," Xena said against Ulysses' lips and he nodded but kissed her again. They stood there for a while kissing and then they finally decided to get cleaned up and dressed then headed up stairs. "So you guys decided to get up," Cyrene said and Xena grinned at her mother, "well you did tell Lyceus to come and get us didn't you?" Xena asked grinning as Ulysses wrapped his arms around her placing a kiss on her cheek and Marguerite watched her son seeing how happy he was. "Yea, but that didn't mean you were going to come though," Cyrene said.

"True, your daughter is a sweet but delicious temptation," Ulysses said and Xena opened her mouth in surprise as she grinned then elbowed Ulysses while everyone else in the kitchen chuckled. "I can't believe you just said that," Xena said as she turned around and hit Ulysses on his arm and she did it again but on the third time he started blocking her hits. "Hey I was only speaking the truth," Ulysses said with laughter in his voice which made Xena smile and try harder. Ulysses caught Xena's hands then pulled her to him smiling in triumph and she smiled at him because she let him win and leaned in as he leaned down slightly so that they were sharing a soft kiss. Xena's mother and Ulysses' mother both smiled at their children as they stood there kissing. Toris walked into the kitchen followed by Julian and Lyceus, "oh for the love of the gods didn't you guys do enough last night," Toris said which made them end the kiss.

"You're just upset because you aren't getting any," Xena said to her brother while her arms were still wrapped around Ulysses and his arms were wrapped around Xena. Lyceus snickered at Xena's remark while Toris walked up to his sister, "you know you're right, I am upset because I'm not getting any…" he said then took a step forward. "SLEEP," Toris yelled at them. "I didn't hear anything last night," Cyrene said and Toris let out a breath as he looked at his mother. "You never hear anything mom, you never hear when Lyceus has a girl in his room," Toris said. "Hey," Lyceus said since his brother was basically telling on him. "Tartarus you don't even hear when I have a girl in my room," Toris said. "Well that would be because you never have one in your room," Lyceus said and Toris smacked his brother on the back of his head. "Hey," Lyceus said as he swung at his brother, "enough you two," Cyrene told her sons.

"All I'm saying is can you guys keep it down, maybe get it all out of your system while we're all awake," Toris said and by then Ulysses had sat down and Xena was sitting on his lap with Ulysses' arms wrapped around her. "Sure thing Toris you just help mother cook, see that everyone in the Inn has what they need," Xena said. "Chop wood, fix things around the Inn," Ulysses continued and then Xena began again. "Serve food, have men pinching your ass, make beds," Xena said and Ulysses chuckled in Xena's shoulder about the part with men pinching her ass. "Alright," Toris said then let out a breath, "I'll just continue to sleep with Lyceus," he said. "I don't think so, I can not take another night of your snoring," Lyceus said and Toris just ignored him. They all sat down at the table, a few minutes later Virgil joined them and the guards ate in the dinning area so that they could keep an eye on things.

As they sat down and ate breakfast it came natural to Xena and Ulysses the things they did. Marguerite and Julian watched as they ate their own breakfast how Xena put butter and jam on Ulysses' toast and he poured her some juice and he added a little salt to her potatoes while she cut his toast in half. Ulysses picked up a potato with his fork and fed it to Xena who smiled and nodded that he put the right amount of everything that she wanted on them. Xena picked up a piece of toast and fed it to Ulysses who nodded as well and then they began eating, "it's amazing, it's as if they've known each other for years," Marguerite said and Julian nodded. "It took us a while before we did that," he said and Marguerite nodded, they continued to eat but watched Xena and Ulysses out of the corner of their eyes.

When they were done they all sat there for about fifteen minutes letting their food digest and then Lyceus, Toris and Virgil stood getting ready to go to the fields. "I'll see you later," Ulysses told Xena as he got ready to head to the field with the others then leaned in and kissed her softly. "I think I'm going to go with you guys today," Julian said and Ulysses looked at his father. "Sure if you think you can handle the work," Ulysses said with a grin and Julian grinned at his son as he folded his arms. "Are you trying to calling me old?" Julian asked, "I'm not trying," Ulysses said and Julian pushed his son and Ulysses chuckled at his father. "Nah I'm kidding, we could use your help," Ulysses said and Julian nodded, "that's what I thought," he said then leaned down and gave Marguerite a brief kiss before he followed the others out of the door and Ulysses looked at Xena and winked at her before he left, causing her to smile.

So the day was spent pretty much as it was usually spent. The guys came in for lunch all sweaty and dirty and when lunch was over they headed back to the fields and as planned Xena went for her walk with Marguerite but it was just she and Marguerite since Julian was in the fields. "So Xena woman to woman," Marguerite said as they walked to the stream, "is my son a good lover?" She asked and Xena grinned at Marguerite, "you know you remind me quite a bit of my mother," Xena said and Marguerite smiled. "Yea, I like your mother she's a good woman and we get a long so well, it's almost as if we're sisters." Marguerite said and Xena nodded and when they reached the spot Xena pulled out the blanket and they sat down under the tree. "You haven't answered my question?" Marguerite said and Xena looked at her, "what was it again?"

She asked and Marguerite looked at her giving Xena one of those motherly looks making her smile. "To answer your question your son is a fantastic lover. Its no wonder women throw themselves at him, he screams confidence in knowing how to please a woman. But that's not what makes him a good lover for me," Xena said then looked at Marguerite. "I'm not sure if I should be talking to you about this though," Xena said and Marguerite nodded. "I understand but you know a part of Ulysses that few if any know. I want to see what you see in him, what makes you love him," Marguerite said and Xena looked into her eyes where she saw no hint of deceit so she nodded. "There is no doubt that Ulysses knows how to please a woman, he's got the equipment and knows how to use it.

But its not what he does that makes him a good lover, its how he does it and how it makes me feel. There are times when he kisses me so softly and loving I can feel his love through that kiss through that simple act. The way when a kiss ends he looks into my eyes while he caresses my cheek with his fingers ever so slightly. Then there are times when we share deep, passionate kisses and it's like our love for each other, our passion and need just bubbles to the top. And it's…" Xena said then shook her head, "I don't know how to quite explain it but it's like we're craving for each other there's this desperate need but we're taking our time. It's almost like our souls are feeding off of each other and we're falling deeper in love, at times like those we can go for hours." Xena said and Marguerite sat there and listened to every word and she could see that Xena was deeply in love with her son.

An hour later they were still sitting there talking, "is he romantic?" Marguerite asked really interested and intrigued to know about this part of her son, the part of himself that he kept secret. "Yes he is," Xena said with a smile on her face, "its nothing fancy but it's the little things that he does. There was this one time where the Inn was packed and I was on my feet non stop all day until we closed. My feet were killing me and I was dead tired, Ulysses came to my room and rubbed my feet while he sung to me." Xena said and Marguerite's eyes opened wide in surprise, "he can sing?" She asked and Xena grinned as she nodded, "quite well actually. Anyway after that he was about to leave but I asked him to stay because in a way I needed him and that night he held me in his arms and we've never slept apart ever since. There was also another time when it was a raining day and we slept in, in fact this was the day right after.

He brought me breakfast in bed, fed some of it to me by hand and I did the same. After that we lounged around and talked, he read me a story," Xena said and Marguerite looked at the smile on Xena's face and her eyes which were filled with love for her son. "He is very romantic and loving and I just love him," Xena said and Marguerite smiled as she nodded, "so I see," she said and Xena grinned as she blushed a little. "I think its time that we headed back," Xena said as she looked up at the sky and Marguerite nodded and grinned at Xena who helped her up. "I had a great time," Marguerite said and Xena grinned at her. "So did I," Xena said and after she put the blanket up they headed back to the Inn. "So did Julian do some of those things when you guys first got together?"

Xena asked and Marguerite grinned, "yes, Julian was and still is very romantic and loving. He would bring me flowers everyday and we would sit and talk for hours on end. When we made love we would hold each other afterwards sharing soft kisses and caresses," Marguerite said and Xena nodded. "Sounds to me that Ulysses is a lot like his father," Xena said and Marguerite grinned and nodded, "they are so much a like which is why they're always getting into it, they're both so stubborn and strong willed." Marguerite said and Xena nodded, "so does it mean a lot to you that Ulysses has money?" Marguerite asked and Xena shook her head, "no, my family and I have a good life here and whatever else I need Athena provides me with." Xena said and Marguerite looked at her, "what is it like, being the chosen of a god?" She asked and Xena let out a breath as she looked up at the sky, "it's incredibly hard yet amazingly fulfilling."

Xena said and Marguerite nodded, "Ulysses tells me you can fight quite well, almost better than him." Marguerite said and Xena grinned at the last part of the comment, "so does that mean Athena has given you special abilities?" Marguerite asked and Xena shook her head, "Athena doesn't give anything, you have to earn it. I knew how to fight before I met her she just helped me to hone my skills so that I could learn how to use them on a more experienced level. The training hasn't been easy, on the contrary it's been hard and difficult but she has patience and she has helped me work through everything even matters that don't concern my training, she is a great friend, woman and mentor." Xena said and Marguerite nodded, "so all you do is train?" Marguerite asked and Xena shook her head, "not any more. I go on missions which usually takes two days maybe more, depending on what I have to do," Xena said.

"And you would continue to do this after you were married to Ulysses?" Marguerite asked and Xena looked at her, "yes, it's my job, my responsibility and part of who I am." Xena said and Marguerite nodded, "I understand that but once you're married you're going to have a new job, new responsibilities, becoming a princess then one day Queen will also be apart of who you are." Marguerite said and Xena nodded, "yes I know and understand that but you also have to know and understand that just because I'm marrying Ulysses doesn't mean I'm going to give up what I do or who I am." Xena said, "and I'm not asking you to do that, I just want to make sure you understand what's going to happen." Marguerite said and by then they could see the Inn, "have you talked to Ulysses about it?" Marguerite asked and Xena shook her head, "he knows where I stand on that subject," Xena said.

"None the less you should talk to him and make sure he knows and understand and see how he feels about it, the key to making a relationship, a marriage work and last is communication." Marguerite said and Xena nodded. When they walked into the kitchen they immediately went right to work with helping Cyrene continue preparing dinner. Night was beginning to fall and the guys finally came in for the night once again covered in dirt and sweat. "You guys have a good time?" Xena asked as they all flopped down in chairs at the table, "damn dirt doesn't want to be dug," Lyceus said while Ulysses leaned his head forward and moaned as Xena massaged his shoulders. "Go get cleaned up so you can eat," Xena whispered in Ulysses' ear then placed a kiss on his cheek. "I'm not hungry and even if I was, I'm too tired to eat," Ulysses said as he leaned his head back and looked up at Xena who looked down at him.

"Still, you need to eat, so go get cleaned up," Xena said then leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead and Ulysses closed his eyes at her healing and loving touch. "Come on," Xena said as she took Ulysses' hand and pulled him out of his chair and he let out an exhausted breath as he stood. "Xena's right sweetheart," Marguerite told Julian as she stood behind him caressing the sides of his neck and he let out a breath as well as he stood. "That goes for the rest of you also," Cyrene told Lyceus, Toris and Virgil. "Ah come on mom," Toris whined and she looked at him as she placed her hand on her waist, "what did I just say Toris? You know better than to sit down at my table dirty any way," she fussed at her sons considering Virgil to be like a son to her so they let out breaths as they stood and went their own ways to get cleaned up.

When they were all cleaned up they came back to the kitchen and sat right back down at the table where Xena, Marguerite and Cyrene then proceeded to bring the food over and sit down themselves to eat, Corrinna joining them as usual, Marguerite and Julian had no idea of Cyrene and Corrinna's relationship, they just assumed she was a close friend. "I'm going to bed," Ulysses said fifteen minutes after he had finished eating and Xena looked at him, "no dessert?" She asked and he shook his head, "save some for me," he said then leaned over and kissed Xena softly before he stood and headed downstairs to Xena's room where he put on his pajama pants then crawled into the bed on his side and as soon as his head hit the pillow he was gone to sleep. The others followed suite as well and the women were the only one's who were up besides the guards who kept an eye on things until the Inn closed and even then at least half of the guards stood watch outside at night.

When night fell and it came time to close the Inn and clean up, Marguerite who was usually in bed at this time, helped Xena, Cyrene and Corrinna clean up which helped things go by a lot faster. When they were done and the Inn was locked up they all headed to bed. When Xena got to her room Ulysses was knocked out. So she quietly got dressed for bed and Gemini settled herself on the rug by the bed. Xena got into bed and let out a breath as she turned on her side facing away from Ulysses and as she lay there she thought about the last thing she and Marguerite talked about. 'He does know that I don't plan on giving up being Athena's chosen just because I'm marrying him?' Xena asked herself and as she lay there and thought about that she eventually dosed off to sleep.

An hour after she was asleep Ulysses scooted up behind her wrapping his arm around her and pulling her close to him. Xena moaned as she ran her hand over his arm and they both stayed asleep. When morning came Ulysses was still deeply asleep so Xena carefully eased herself out of his arms then quietly put on her shorts and sleeveless short shirt, what she wore when she exercised. "Come on Gemini," Xena said softly to the wolf who looked at her mistress then stood and walked over to the door. Xena opened the door and Gemini went out first and then Xena who closed the door behind her. When Xena walked into the kitchen she bid her mother and good morning then walked outside where she stretched while Gemini took care of her business. When she had stretched enough she began running and Gemini was at her side.

She ran three miles then stopped to do some exercises before she headed back to the Inn doing a total of six miles; and Gemini kept up with her the whole time, jumping over any and everything Xena jumped over. When she got back to the Inn so was covered in sweat. She walked into the kitchen where her mother, Corrinna and Marguerite sat at the table talking while they sipped on their tea. "Morning," Xena said as she walked over to the counter, "have a nice run dear?" Cyrene asked and Xena nodded as she drained a cup of cool water, "yea, it was refreshing," she said. "I'm going take a shower," Xena said as she sat the cup down on the counter then headed back downstairs where like she said she went to go take a shower. Xena was just getting out of the shower when Ulysses woke up.

He rose his head and looked around the room for Xena and when he didn't see her he assumed she was in the kitchen helping Cyrene. He let out a breath as he rolled onto his back and looked up at the ceiling before he decided to get up. He was sitting on the side of the bed rubbing his face with his hands when Xena walked into the room with a towel wrapped around her body and hair. "I see you're up," Xena said as she passed by Ulysses and he nodded as he stood and stretched popping things into place. "Yea, thanks for letting me sleep in late," Ulysses said as he walked over to the wash basin pouring some water into it and soaking a cloth so that he could wipe down his face, chest and underarms. When he was done he rinsed out his mouth then used a tool to clean his teeth. "It was no problem," Xena said as she put on her underwear then sat down on the bed taking the towel off of her head and with it she dried her hair a little bit more before she used a comb and started combing the tangles out.

"I know you guys worked real hard yesterday," Xena said and Ulysses nodded as he sat down next to Xena on the bed then laid back. "That dirt absolutely did not want to come up and then it seemed like all the tools we used were dull even after I sharpened them all." Ulysses said and Xena nodded as she added oil to her hair and began brushing it, "yea, this season can be the hardest to plant and to harvest," Xena said and Ulysses nodded as he ran his hands over his face. "Ulysses," Xena called after a few minutes of silence, "hmm?" Ulysses answered, "you know that once we're married I'm still going to be Athena's chosen, I'm still going to train and go on missions?" Xena asked and Ulysses lowered his hands as he looked at her or her back anyway. "Yea I know that," he said and Xena nodded as she continued brushing her hair, "and how do you feel about it?"

Xena asked and Ulysses took that moment to sit up and place a kiss on Xena's shoulder, "I'm fine with it, why?" Ulysses asked and Xena turned her body some and looked into Ulysses' eyes. "So you don't expect me to do all those things wives do? I mean I'm going to be doing those things and more, but you do understand that some of my missions last as long as two weeks and some can last longer?" Xena said and Ulysses nodded, "yea I understand. All I ask is that you don't put your work before us, I don't want it to come between us," Ulysses said and Xena nodded. "I understand that because I would ask the same from you. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that things wouldn't change as far as me being Athena's chosen goes when we get married."

Xena said and Ulysses looked into her eyes and grinned as he grabbed the front of the towel pulling Xena towards him. "I understand Xena. I don't want you to change to fit my expectations or anyone else's, I love the way you are. Stubborn, disobedient, sexy when you're angry," Ulysses said with a grin and Xena grinned at him as she leaned in and tasted his lips. As they kissed Ulysses ran his hand over Xena's thigh and she grinned as she pushed him away, "what?" He asked, "can't right now. I've got to get dressed and go help mom," Xena said then stood and Ulysses stood behind her. She walked over to the table where she sat her brush down but didn't move as Ulysses stood behind her and wrapped his arms tightly around her. He leaned down and began kissing and sucking on her neck and Xena closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side silently giving him the invitation to continue.

After a couple of minutes Ulysses turned Xena around and kissed her passionately and as they kissed Ulysses pushed Xena back against the table pushing the towel up so that he could caress her thighs. "I really have to go," Xena said when the kiss ended and she moaned as Ulysses kissed on her neck. "Trust me, I won't be long," Ulysses said as he placed kisses all around Xena's ear. "Or should I say you won't be long," he whispered seductively in her ear before he sucked her earlobe into his mouth feeling the shiver go through Xena's body. He began to kiss his way down Xena's body pulling the towel loose as he did so. Ten minutes later Xena's hands were clenching the table, her eyes were closed, head tilted back as she constantly moaned. Ulysses meanwhile had his head buried between Xena's thighs enjoying himself as he tasted her sweet, addictive nectar.

"Ummm…Unnnngh," Xena moaned ten minutes later as she bit down on her lip to keep herself from crying out which was hard considering the extreme pleasure she was feeling from Ulysses' attention. "Unnngh…ha…ha," Xena moaned then let out breathy moans as she felt Ulysses push his tongue into her entrance. Her hand shot from the table to his head that was still buried deep between her thighs and he moaned at her taste and as she pulled him closer. Twenty minutes later Xena came up the stairs and into the kitchen, "are you sure you're clean Xena? I don't think you spent enough time in the shower," Corrinna said with sarcasm and a smile on her face. "I got a little distracted," Xena said and right after she said that Ulysses came up the stairs and she looked at him then smiled when he winked at her.

"A lot distracted," Xena said as she grabbed Ulysses' belt pulling him towards her and he smiled as he leaned in meeting her half way for a very deep passionate kiss. They all grinned as they shook their heads at them, "so I see you're not tired any more Ulysses," his mother said when the kiss ended and Ulysses grinned as he continued to look into Xena's eyes while caressing her cheek. "I don't stay tired for long. Do I?" Ulysses said directing the question part of his statement to Xena who smiled as she bit down on her lower lip, "no, my baby has the stamina of a bull and more," Xena said with a grin as she pulled Ulysses' closer to her. "All right," Corrinna said with a smile at what Xena said. Cyrene and Marguerite couldn't help but grin at what Xena said and when they kissed once more.

They were still kissing at Lyceus and Toris came up the stairs into the kitchen, "oh for the love of the gods," Toris said when he saw his sister and Ulysses. He shook his head as he sat down at the table, "I don't know why they even bother with getting out of bed," he said. Xena ended the kiss and placed soft kisses on Ulysses' lips, "alright parents in the room," Cyrene said and Xena grinned at her mother then took Ulysses' hand and led him over to the table where he sat down and she kissed him once last time before she went to help her mother. "Where's dad?" Ulysses asked, "right here," Julian said as he walked through the kitchen door making his way over to the table and sitting down. "I have to give it to you boys, the work you do is hard and exhausting," Julian said and Ulysses grinned.

"Does that mean you won't be joining us today?" He asked and Julian looked at his son, "no I'm still helping you guys. It's been a while since I've literally gotten my hands dirty with actual dirt and in its own way it's soothing and relaxing." Julian said, "you know Virgil said the same things. What's so relaxing about it?" Lyceus asked and Ulysses looked at him, "when you do nothing but deal with other people all day, every day and their problems, working in quiet fields with nothing but nature around you can be quite soothing." Ulysses said and Julian nodded, "its hard work but you're doing something really important." Julian said, "we never looked at it that way," Toris said and they all talked for a while with Virgil joining them and even after breakfast was finished and they began eating they still talked and laughed.

They next couple of days passed by and things were going pretty good with Xena and Ulysses' parents, they could clearly see that Ulysses and Xena were deeply in love with each other. So they finally gave Xena and Ulysses their blessing to get married but they also warned them that there would be people in Ithaca who wouldn't take the news well and would try to oppose their marriage. On that day Xena let her family know that in a couple of days she would be leaving with Ulysses to go to Ithaca but that they would see her when the winter was over since she had decided that she wanted the wedding to be in the beginning of spring and Ulysses agreed with her thinking that was a good time for them to get married and a perfect time for them to have a honeymoon.

There were three days before they would be leaving, it was late at night, and Xena and Ulysses lay in bed. Ulysses was asleep after he and Xena had a round of lovemaking but Xena lay in bed awake since she had something on her mind. Xena eased herself out of Ulysses' arms and moved to her side of the bed where she lay on her back staring up at the ceiling as she thought about her family and how they would fare out when she wasn't there. Xena pulled the sheet close to her chest as she continued to stare up at the ceiling. She had been laying there for a while just thinking about that and how things would be once she got to Ithaca. She never really cared about people accepting her but these were Ulysses' people, some were probably his friends and she wanted them to like her and she wanted to make a good impression but she wouldn't change who she was to do that, so it left her with a dilemma.

An hour passed by as Xena continued to lay there and think. Ulysses moaned as he moved in the bed a little his hand reaching out to touch Xena but when he didn't feel her he opened his eyes and saw Xena who still lay on her back as she thought. Ulysses took in a deep breath and let it out as he turned on his side scooting up next to Xena. He placed a kiss on her shoulder as he cuddled up to her and she grinned as she ran her hand over his cheek, "why aren't you asleep?" Ulysses asked and Xena let out a breath, "had a lot on my mind," she said and Ulysses was quiet for a moment. "What are you worried about my love?" Ulysses asked and Xena turned on her side so that she was face to face with Ulysses looking into his eyes, "how do you know I'm worried about something?" She asked and Ulysses grinned as he ran his fingers from her shoulder down her arm, "I know you."

He said, "when you're worried about something you don't sleep," Ulysses said and Xena looked into his eyes as she caressed his cheek. "Tell me," Ulysses whispered as he looked into her eyes while he picked up her left hand and placed a kiss on her hand right by the ring. "I'm worried about my family, what's going to happen to them when we leave. We're leaving at sort of a bad time. Do you know how hard it is to take care of the fields during the winter? Having three extra hands were great but we're leaving and I usually help them but I'm leaving so that just leaves them to do it by themselves. When I'm not helping them I'm helping my mother. I do the extra cooking, I do most of the clean up and when guest need things I get it for them." Xena said and Ulysses nodded, "you are the extra hands," Ulysses said.

"Yes," Xena said as she rose up on her elbow and looked down at Ulysses. "And I don't feel comfortable with leaving them, especially when I know things are going to get so hard for them." Xena said and Ulysses nodded, "so you would feel better if they had help?" Ulysses asked and Xena nodded, "yea, I would feel much better but let's face it, we don't have money to pay for extra hands in the fields as well as in the Inn." Xena said and Ulysses nodded, "you do now," he said and Xena looked at him. "What are you talking about?" She asked, "I am a prince you know," Ulysses said as he sat up pulling the sheet back so that his butt wasn't out. "Ulysses I can't take your money," Xena said and he looked at her. "Why not? I have enough to help you," Ulysses said.

"For one it's going to make it seem like what your parents were thinking is true, I'm after your money when I'm clearly not. And…" Xena was about to say when Ulysses leaned in and kissed her softly and when the kiss ended he looked into her eyes. "I know you're not after my money. This is a chance to help your family who will soon become my family. I don't nor will I ever see giving them money to help them as a burden. Besides, we're about to be married and my money is your money," Ulysses said and Xena looked at him. "Are you sure?" She asked and he nodded as he caressed her cheek, "I'm sure," he said and she looked at him and nodded. "I'll talk to mother about it in the morning," she said and Ulysses nodded, "good, now what else is bothering you?"

He asked and Xena looked at him, "How…" she started to ask and Ulysses looked at her with a grin and Xena grinned back. "Well if you must know I'm worried about what its going to be like when we get to Ithaca." Xena said and Ulysses looked at her, "you're worried about what the people will think of you," Ulysses said and Xena nodded. He let out a breath as he looked at her, "truthfully, there will be some who will like you and come to accept you for you and the majority of the others won't like you. They'll pretend to and talk about you behind your back and then there are those who won't like or approve of you and will make it known. It's a real cut throat, dog eat dog kind of world but I have no doubt you can handle it." Ulysses said and Xena looked down for a moment as she toyed with his fingers then looked up at him. "Thanks for the confidence," she said and he grinned at her, "you're welcome."

He said then watched as Xena picked up Ulysses' hand some and leaned down the rest of the way as she placed a kiss on the back of his hand then leaned her face against it. "Come here," he said as he laid down and Xena laid down in his arms placing a kiss on his chest then laid her head back down. Ulysses placed a kiss on Xena's forehead as he ran his fingers up and down her back until she dosed off, her concerns having been dealt with. Ulysses looked down at Xena and he grinned then leaned in and placed another kiss on her forehead, "I love you," he whispered with his lips still against her forehead and then he gave her another kiss before he too fell back to sleep.

When morning came and Xena had the time she talked to her mother about what she and Ulysses had talked about last night. "I don't know Xena, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking money from them," Cyrene said as she sat at the table cutting up carrots to put in a stew since it was chilly outside. "Mom I know how you feel, the truth is I feel the same way," Xena said and Cyrene looked at her daughter. "Then why do you want me to take it?" She asked and Xena let out a breath as she leaned back in her chair, "because it would ease my mind. Mom I'm not going to be here to lend extra hands where it is needed, I don't want you guys to struggle more than we already are. The money that Ulysses will give us will allow you to hire extra hands for the fields so Lyceus and Toris don't work themselves to death and extra help in the kitchen and around the Inn so you don't work yourself to death."

Xena said and Cyrene let out a breath as she looked down while continuing to chop carrots. Xena looked at her mother then reached her hand out across the table and placed it on her mother's hand. Cyrene raised her head and looked into her daughter's eyes where she saw love and concern, "and should this winter be harsh and you fall on hard times you'll have money to fall back on." Xena said and Cyrene let out a breath as she stood, "Xena," she said as she walked over to the stove to stir a pot and Xena stood as well. "If you won't do it for you then do it for your sons. Lyceus and Toris should have more of a life than spending all day in the fields working themselves to death. Think of then Inn, you built this place with your blood and your sweat and I know you don't want to see it go down." Xena said and Cyrene leaned against the counter as she listened to her daughter.

"Do it for me so I don't have to spend countless hours worrying about my family and if you guys are doing okay," Xena said and Cyrene looked at her daughter. "I don't know how Ulysses refuses you anything," she said with a grin. "I don't," Ulysses said as he walked into the kitchen and over to Xena. "I give her whatever she wants," he said as he stood next to her and Xena grinned at him. "So what do you say Cyrene, will you let me help you?" Ulysses asked and Cyrene looked at the man that would one day soon marry her daughter and she let out a breath and nodded. "Alright, but the moment you're not able to help you let me know, I don't want to be a burden on you or your family." Cyrene said and Ulysses looked at her as he walked up to her, "as I told Xena, you, Toris and Lyceus could never be a burden. I don't consider my family a burden," he said then leaned forward and placed a kiss on Cyrene's forehead and she grinned at him.

"I see what made you fall in love with him," Cyrene said to Xena who walked up next to Ulysses who wrapped his arm around Xena and she leaned into him. "That's a dangerous smile you have," Cyrene told Ulysses who grinned then placed a kiss on Xena's forehead and as Cyrene looked at how happy her daughter was and how in love Ulysses seemed to be with her she knew Xena would be okay.

Continued in
Chapter Ten: New Surroundings

Positive and Negative feedback is welcomed
And will be much appreciated. So please let me
Know how I am doing. < g >
asimpson86@yahoo.com

Return to the Academy