Chapter 6

Bastion’s sharp, weasel eyes darted nervously about as Lord Avery approached, scanning the dense woodland around the clearing suspiciously. Dusk was falling, and the shadows were thick around them. The cutthroat wore his typical ragged garb: a loose-sleeved tunic covered by a patched and stained cloak, worn leather trousers, and high-cut boots. His grubby fingers were constantly moving—twitching, flexing, wriggling. In the shifting light they looked disconcertingly like the legs of a spider, dancing nervously around the weapons he no doubt carried concealed beneath his cloak. Avery had once again left his escort behind to meet with the cutthroat, but they were close enough that one shout would bring them running.

“Didn’t bring the boy with ye this time, huh?” Bast noted, shaking his head ruefully. “Shame…shame. So few young men these days care to take lessons from their elders, huh? Downright disrespectful it is if ye ask me—”

“My son is attending to other matters which are no concern of yours,” said Avery, cutting his words off, not caring to hear the opinions of gutter scum like the Cat. He’d received a message from the rogue two days ago, though it had been so cryptically vague it defied interpretation. All that was clear was that his assassination attempt had not been successful, nor had the Jaharri attacked Richard’s forces. As much as he would have preferred to avoid another face-to-face meeting like this, Avery reminded himself that the ultimate prize here was well worth the inconvenience.

“No offense intended, Lordship. I was only wonderin’.” Bast gave that mocking little bow of his, a servile pretense of respect not reflected by his knowing grin. “Might be I ‘eard a whisper on the wind how he was travelling with your men along the south-east road. Seemed a curious thing he’d not be with ye.”

“You would be better served applying your limited brain-power to the task assigned you, bilge-rat,” Avery snapped. “I gather your man failed in his attempt against the desert queen’s life?”

“Aye, Lord…but I warned ye how that might be the way it went. Me boy had a strong arm and could swing a good sword, but he can’t be faulted just cos the bitch can fight. Wore the armor ye gave, though, just like ye wanted.”

“Then why have I not heard news of the Jaharri attacking Everdeen in retaliation?” Avery took a step closer to the man, fixing him with a cold, irritated glare. “Why am I here in the forests of Everdeen, breathing in your stink, instead of sitting comfortably in my hall toasting the fall of my rival while my soldiers prepare to crush whatever remains of his forces?”

“Not fer me to say, Lordship,” Bast whined, shrinking back in the face of his anger, those long, nimble fingers never ceasing their nervous dance. “All’s I can tell ye is me boy got clipped, then them sand-rats took ‘im with them back to Everdeen. Couple days later, I see ‘is Lordship come walkin’ up to the camp, calm as can be, and he ain’t left since then.”

“Wait. Everdeen’s joined the Jaharri camp?”

“‘Joined’ ain’t the word I’d use, but he was still among ‘em, last I saw. Got his own tent, he has, and a couple sand-rat’s guardin’ him wherever he wanders.”

Avery turned away from the cutthroat, struggling to make sense of his report. The Jaharri were renowned for their hot-headedness and love of battle; he’d expected it would take little incentive for the Scion to be spurred to violence. Why the restraint? Was it possible she had seen through his deception? He just couldn’t comprehend why Everdeen would willingly submit himself to their custody. Unless…

“You say Everdeen is being guarded by the Jaharri? Could it be he’s their prisoner rather than their guest?”

Bastion’s gaunt, pock-marked face seemed to tighten as he considered the matter. “Ain’t bein’ treated like no prisoner I ever ‘eard of, Lordship. His men come an’ visit most days and no-one seems to mind him chattin’ with ‘em. Besides, he’s still got a sword at his hip! Now you tell me, that sound like a prisoner to you?”

“No…not a prisoner. But hardly a guest.”

Curious as Bast’s story was, perhaps these events presented another opportunity. If Richard was in the camp and not hidden away inside his estate, that meant he was exposed. Avery had marked the Scion for his last assassination attempt because she was the more accessible target, but now… “The Scion may have a tighter rein on her emotions than I anticipated…and maybe she’s canny enough not to provoke as easily as I’d hoped. But now Everdeen’s in her camp and, by your accounting, under her protection. I can’t help wondering how Richard’s men would react if their lord should suddenly turn up with a dagger in his back.”

Bastion’s eyes narrowed shrewdly, a twisted grin exposing his yellowed teeth. “Can’t imagine they’d be too happy ‘bout it.”

“No…more like outraged. Even the King would be furious at such a dishonorable slaying, especially after he held faith with the Peace by allowing the Jaharri to pass through his kingdom unchallenged. And I daresay a clever man would have an easier time sneaking into a busy, sprawling camp than infiltrating the halls of Everdeen’s estate.”

“I s’pose could do. Them Jaharri don’t seem too fond o’ the winter chill, so they’re wearing all manner of common garb. Could be a man with ‘is cloak turned up might slip into the camp easy enough. They got lookouts, but with so many coming and going freely, who’s gonna notice one more? Take me a few days to get it set up, Lordship…hire another fella and get him in position—”

“No. This time I want no mistakes.” Avery pointed to Bastion, his tone firm. “You’ll go yourself, rat…and you’ll see to it the job gets done.”

Bast recoiled instantly, shaking his head. “Nonono, always better to use a pawn, Lordship. I been done with lurkin’ in alleyways and slittin’ throats fer years! Just a middleman, I am…that’s why they call me the Cat, not the catspaw.”

“You’ll do as I command, unless you’d rather I bestow my patronage upon another of your fellows. Of course, that would mean…severing…our relationship.” Avery’s voice acquired a cold, lethal edge. “Permanently.”

Bast glared at him mutinously for several moments, and Avery let him weigh his options—limited as they were—in silence. “I’ll be wantin’ a pistol—”

“Ha! No chance.”

“Ye want this done and done, that’s the surest way to do it.”

“And what happens if you fail to escape? If they recover the gun? Every firearm in the Heartland is marked by the Royal Armorer to indicate the House of the Lord to whom it was distributed! That’s the kind of evidence that gets a man hung. And even if you get out clean, don’t you think his men might wonder how their Lord managed to get himself shot by a group of savages who don’t know one end of a pistol from the other?”

“Fine,” he said with petulant snarl, “but it’ll cost ye. I don’t put my blades to bloodshed as cheap as others.”

“Of course, my friend, I wouldn’t expect otherwise.” Avery adjusted his tone from threatening to mollifying. In his experience, low-born thugs tended to be more effective when they were motivated by greed rather than fear. “You’re a cautious man and I respect that. The courage of cautious men always comes at a steeper price. What sum did you have in mind?”

Bastion’s eyes narrowed to mercenary slits, considering, calculating. “Five hundred gold. And I’ll want half in advance if ye want it done right.”

Avery made sure to allow a fleeting expression of outrage to cross his face, then paused, pretending to collect himself. Stroking his thick mustache thoughtfully, he finally gave a single, reluctant nod. “Fine. Wait here and I’ll return with your coin.”

He had, of course, anticipated his lackey would demand payment up front. Leaving the clearing, Avery began making his way back to where his escort were waiting. The men guarded a strongbox which held far more than the sum Bast wanted.

Five hundred gold coins…a fine enough bounty for any assassin, but meager when weighed against the lands of Everdeen. Avery chuckled to himself, pleased with the outcome. If only all men could be bought so cheap.

*          *          *

It was a typically quiet evening in the reformatory; dinner had concluded a few hours ago, the fire was banked low, and the gentle pitter-patter of rain could be heard falling against the windows. Many had turned in early (including Kaylee, who was nursing a stubborn headache), but a few of the young women lingered in the dining hall, chatting quietly or playing games of chance with one another. Tricia was helping out in the kitchens preparing for tomorrow’s breakfast, and one of the girls was playing a soft, haunting melody on a reed flute she’d crafted.

Dae had dragged an old armchair over by the fireplace so she could read by the crimson light, killing time until she was able to sneak over to monastery and continue her surveillance of her father’s soldiers. A dozen or so pairs of shoes and boots were arranged in a row on the stone hearth to dry, a few of them draped with socks which made them look like they were wearing little hats. Dae had added her own footwear to line.

The reformatory relied on donations for most of its furnishings; the beds, the tables and chairs, even their cutlery and dishes, were all mismatched and worn. The armchair was no exception; the seat sagged in the middle, the material was faded and stained, and the old wooden frame creaked ominously with every movement. All the same, Dae had found it could be very comfortable if you sat in it just right. She had curled her legs up under her, hooking her bare feet just behind the left armrest so her weight rested on her right side. This allowed her to use her knees as a perch for the old, tattered book she was reading. The crackling fire was cozy, but the book was doing more to warm her blood than anything else this evening.

Tricia had been rummaging around in one of the back storage rooms when she chanced upon a hidden stash of what she called “illicit volumes,” which she promptly and gleefully shared among the others. The books were old and partly water-damaged, probably secreted away in there years ago by a former resident of the reformatory, but only a few were so far gone as to be unreadable. While many of the stories bordered on pornographic—apparently some Heartlanders’ minds were filthier than Dae ever could have imagined—others were far more sensual and erotic, and a few were even quite touching and emotional.

Having lived most of her life under the mistaken impression that no-one in the Heartland ever harbored thoughts of or indulged in same-sex desires, Dae was particularly intrigued to read the works of likeminded people who, like herself, had grown up under the puritanical influence of Tarsis. Sex was taught to be an issue of procreation, and anything which deviated from that intent of having children was regarded as unnatural and unnecessary. Passion and lust led to chaos and mindless hedonism…to Inshal. From her readings, however, Dae saw she wasn’t the only one who’d grown up with a sense that something was missing in her understanding of intimate relationships. She found it fascinating to read the tales of other’s who had awakened to an appreciation of forbidden desire and physical pleasure; their fears of what might happen should their secret interests come to light, the joy they’d found in expressing their passions.

She couldn’t help but wonder if she might have discovered her own inclinations much sooner had she had access to such literature in her younger years.

“Psst!”

The sound drew Dae’s focus away from her reading. Glancing up, she saw Cass strolling by her, a towel and a change of clothes bundled in her arms, heading in the direction of the bathroom. When she saw she had Dae’s attention, Cass gave her a wink and a devilish smile, holding up another object which she’d slipped into her pocket. Dae recognized it as the straight razor she’d pilfered weeks ago from one of her father’s soldiers; she’d been using it to maintain the grooming habits she’d picked up from the other pleasure-servants in Zafirah’s harem. Cass had begun copying Dae’s habit of sleeping topless a while ago, and it looked as though she felt ready to try something a little bolder. With a subtle head-nod toward the far door, Cass exited the dining hall.

Her invitation was abundantly clear. What had started as a pleasant tingle of arousal inspired by the dirty book she was reading flared suddenly into an aching throb between her thighs, and Dae felt her calm heartbeat accelerate. This late in the evening, the showers would likely be empty…

If Cass is going to try grooming herself like a Jaharri pleasure-servant, she could probably use some assistance, Dae reasoned.

Trying not to draw any attention to herself, Dae unfolded her legs and got to her feet, set the book down on the seat of the chair, and nonchalantly made her way back to her room to grab a towel and a change of clothes (though she didn’t really need one). Kaylee was already fast asleep, and Dae didn’t disturb her. Passing back through the dining hall, no one seemed to pay her any mind, everyone engaged in their dice games or quiet conversations. Dae quickened her pace.

Approaching the bathroom, she saw a soft, crimson glow emanating from within and heard the sound of running water. Padding barefoot over the cold tile floor, Dae stepped into the shower room. Cass had lit the two torches mounted in sconces by the entrance, and they filled the room with a pleasant, flickering light. Cass was already naked and lathering herself with soapy foam under the spray from one of the shower faucets. With her unevenly cropped hair wet and slicked back over her head, she looked even more like an overgrown sprite than usual. Though there were privacy screens which could be drawn to shield bathers from one another, Cass hadn’t bothered to make use of them. Seeing Dae enter, she flashed her a wolfish grin that showed off her prominent canines.

After placing her folded change of clothes onto one of the benches which lined the walls of the room, taking care that they were covered by her towel to protect them from the misty spray, Dae began to disrobe.

“Poor Kaylee looked like she was sleeping peacefully,” Cass observed in a casual tone, making no effort to conceal her wandering eyes as Dae pulled her blouse over her head and tossed it aside. The way Cass was looking at her only enhanced the warm rush of arousal settling between her thighs, and she wanted to be certain the other girl had a good long time to properly admire the view of her naked body as it was revealed. “I hope the rest does her some good; she’s been a bit grumpy the last few days.”

“She told me she gets like this fairly often when the weather turns stormy,” Dae replied, taking her time stripping out of her skirt and underwear. The crippling headaches had started a day or two ago, and none of the usual remedies Kaylee brewed seemed able to do much to alleviate her suffering. “She swears they never last too long…but I hate seeing her in pain like this.”

“Mmm…especially since she’s been noticeably much more…relaxed…of late. More confident. Especially when she’s bathing.”

“Uh huh.”

“Although she’s also developed the most peculiar rash. All these purplish marks that appear over her chest…around her throat.” Cass raised a querulous eyebrow at her, grinning. “But I don’t suppose you’d know anything about that, huh?”

Dae shrugged. “An allergic reaction, maybe.”

“Riiight. Well, whatever it is, it might be contagious. I’ve noticed the condition seems to be spreading to the other girls. Curious, wouldn’t you say?”

“Most curious. I hope the headaches aren’t related.”

Cass gave an amused snort. “I can’t imagine you sucking on her neck would bring on a headache, Dae.”

Dae glanced at the naked imp, returning her knowing grin. Cass was far bolder than most of the other women, and more experienced at this game. Dae was enjoying the flirtation.

Once naked, Dae was tempted to join her friend immediately, but that felt like it might be a bit presumptuous. Instead she selected another of the shower faucets not far from where Cass stood and turned the water on. The water wasn’t hot, but it was warmer than body temperature, and Dae enjoyed the wash of the spray against her suddenly tingly skin. She couldn’t keep her eyes from slipping back to sneak glances at her friend’s naked body, but Cass appeared quite unconcerned with her covert appreciation.

After she’d finished washing herself, Cass sat on the edge of the wooden bench behind her, spread her skinny legs wide, and began lathering her pubic region with soap suds. Her fingers moved in tight circles over her pubic hair, and Dae saw her movements grew more masturbatory whenever she dipped down to caress the lips of her sex. Once satisfied with the foam of white bubbles, Cass picked up the folding razor, snapped it open with a flick of her wrist, and began trying awkwardly to shave herself.

“You know that’ll itch like crazy if you don’t keep doing it, right?” Dae noted.

“I know, but I thought I’d give it a try.” Cass’s dark brown eyes drifted down to Dae’s bare center. “It looks damn sexy on you, and I don’t have a lot of hair down there anyway, so I figured why not see if I like how it feels.”

“Hmm. If you want some advice, after you’re done, you should ask Kaylee if you can have some of that ointment concoction she cooked up for rashes. It’s not as good as what they use in the harem, but it’ll keep your skin from getting razor burn.”

Taking a bar of lavender-scented soap from one of the soap-dishes, Dae began running it over her upper torso while continuing to observe Cass’s efforts at self-grooming. The petite young woman seemed to be having trouble holding the razor at an angle that would allow her to smoothly draw it over her sudsy skin…but perhaps she was just distracted. Every few moments she would glance up at Dae, her ministrations pausing as her gaze lingered over her breasts. Dae obligingly cupped her hands over her chest, fingers teasing her nipples, tweaking the marital ring that pierced her left nipple. A tension was building between them, but Dae was content to let her friend make the first move.

Finally, Cass issued a growl of frustration and Dae took pity on her.

“Need some help with that?” she queried lightly.

“Uh huh. I can’t really see what I’m doing. How can you possibly manage this by yourself?”

“It takes a bit of practice…plus it helps if you have a mirror, too.”

“Well, I’m afraid I’m gonna slip and cut something sensitive, so—”

Dae grinned at that. “How about I help you, then you can help me?

Cass immediately abandoned her efforts and held the razor out to her. “Deal.”

Shutting off the flow of water from the shower, Dae joined her friend and knelt between her thighs. Taking the razor from her with her right hand, handling it with familiar ease, she placed her left hand high on Cass’s inner thigh and pressed her leg back further. Gripping the razor as she would a paintbrush or pencil, she rested the edge of her palm against Cass’s skin and used the thumb of her free hand to gently pull her skin taut. With a single slow, practiced stroke, she drew the edge of the blade over Cass’s pubic mound, leaving her pale skin exposed and gleaming. A slight adjustment, another smooth sweeping motion of her wrist, and more of her center was laid bare. Dae inched her face closer still, blowing a long, slow breath of warm air over Cass’s sex, causing her to inhale sharply.

“See? Every nerve ending comes alive to the slightest caress…doesn’t it?” Glancing up, she found Cass avidly watching her every movement, lips parted, spray from the shower beading over her delicate features like sweat. “This was a lot easier when I was in the harem. There was always a willing set of hands to assist with any grooming difficulties…but of course, that had a tendency to lead to other activities, and at the time I was trying to avoid temptation until Zafirah returned from battling renegade tribes, so I eventually learned how to do it myself.

Cocking her head to the side, Cass laid a wet fingertip upon Dae’s shoulder and slowly traced a line down her arm. “What sort of ‘other activities’ might this lead to?”

Hearing the raspy tone in her friend’s voice, Dae paused in her work and smiled softly, letting her thumb slip lower until it was rolling circles around the firm, pulsing nub of Cass’s clit. “That depends. Are you asking?”

Cass hitched in a sharp breath and let it out with a whimper. “Oh, I’m definitely asking.”

“Let me finish, and then I’ll be delighted to show you.”

Once she’d attended to the soft curls of Cass’s public mound, Dae shifted her focus to the fiddlier area around her sex. For such a petite woman, Cass had an enticingly full, plump vulva; her labial lips were thick and long, and her prominent clitoris jutted boldly from its protective hood. Dae had to take particular care as she moved lower with the razor, and with every stroke of the blade she allowed her thumb to caress over the girl’s meaty labia. Soon enough Cass was squirming on the bench.

“Hold still. I’m almost done. Let me just make sure I didn’t miss anything.” With the tips of her pointer and middle fingers, Dae explored around Cass’s sex, checking for any hairs that had evaded the edge of the razor.

Cass was breathing heavier now, gripping the edge of the bench tightly as Dae caressed her. “You know, my friend used to tell me that a person’s mouth if far more sensitive than their fingertips.”

“Is that so?”

“Mmhmm. Apparently, your lips and tongue in particular can feel things that—Oh, FUCK! Sweet mercy, yes! Just like that!”

Cass let go of the bench with her right hand and grabbed Dae by the back of her head, pulling her face tighter against her. Dae opened her mouth wide, rolling her tongue in lazy sweeps all over and around Cass’s vulva, dipping into her core to taste her cream. She sucked on her lush labia, pulling at the sumptuous lips and stroking them with her tongue. Cass voiced her enthusiastic approval, getting louder by the minute. When Dae’s nibble tongue detected a few stray hairs she withdrew her mouth, but Cass tried desperately to pull her back.

“No, please! Don’t stop!”

“Patience,” Dae cooed, very carefully applying the razor to remove the lingering hairs. A follow-up stroke of her tongue confirmed Cass was glossy-smooth. Satisfied, she returned her tongue to exploring her friend, making certain not to leave a single millimeter of her folds unattended.

Cass was panting as her thighs began to tremble with mounting ecstasy, urging Dae on with some particularly colorful language. The hand gripping the back of Dae’s head pulled her eagerly into her core, smothering her in deliciously warm, wet flesh which she suckled and tongued with a matching fervor. The scent and flavor of her arousal flooded Dae’s senses. As her friend grew more impassioned, Dae slowly teased a finger into the tightness of her core.

Climax seemed to strike Cass like a thunderbolt, bringing her hips up off the bench as she thrust herself vigorously against Dae’s face and finger. A sharp, high-pitched squeal of rapture echoed off the tiled walls of the room. Using short, quick thrusts, Dae held her quivering at the peak of ecstasy for a long moment before her orgasm finally abated. Spent, Cass collapsed back onto the bench, legs splayed wantonly, finally releasing her death-grip on Dae’s head and allowing her to catch a gulp of air.

As the tremors subsided, Dae circled her tongue slowly and teasingly a few times around her friend’s clit before dipping down to lap up the trickle of milky cream dripping from her core. Cass’s thighs continued to twitch with every movement of her tongue against her sensitized flesh, but her cries had quieted to an occasional little whimper. When she finally withdrew her mouth, Dae licked her lips and patted her friend on the leg.

“Okay, I think you’re all done. Stand up and I’ll help you rinse off.”

Cass laughed at her nonchalant tone and smacked her lightly on the shoulder. “Fuck you, wench! At least give me a chance to catch my breath!”

Her legs were still a little shaky when Cass finally recovered enough to get to her feet, and Dae offered a supportive hand as she stepped under the spray from the shower. The water sheeted down her skinny frame, washing away the last remaining patches of lathered soap. The flickering crimson light from the torches sparkled in every drop of water beading Cass’s skin, making it seems as though her body was dusted with thousands of tiny, glittering rubies.

Retrieving the soap from where she’d left it on the bench, Dae stepped up behind her friend and wrapped an arm around her slender waist. With the slippery block of soap clasped in her palm, Dae snaked her hand down to Cass’s denuded sex and began rubbing it against her. Cass closed her eyes and moaned, leaning back against her. When Dae didn’t immediately bring her other hand into play, Cass reached back, took hold of her wrist, and placed it quite insistently over her left breast.

“More.”

“Caught your breath, have you?”

Cass growled and clutched their fingers more firmly over her chest.

Chuckling at her wordless insistence, Dae compliantly began fondling Cass’s small, pert breasts. With the tips of her fingers she teased first one nipple, then the other, feeling them pebble and grow hard under the spray of water. Cass released her grip and reached behind her, clearly eager to do some exploring of her own.

Dae had never been intimate with a woman shorter in stature than herself, and she found she quite enjoyed the advantages it afforded her. Their bodies fit nicely together in the embrace. With her right hand, Dae continued gently but firmly rubbing her palm between the smooth lips of Cass’s sex, lathering her from front to back with the soap, pausing occasionally to explore with her fingers for any remaining stubble. The combined lubrication of the soap, water, and Cass’s natural fluids made for a wonderfully slippery sensation against her exploring fingers. When Cass’s head lolled to the side, exposing the full length of her shapely neck, Dae kissed a path from her shoulder up to her jawline, where she paused to trace the delicate rim of her ear with the tip of her tongue.

“Feels nice, doesn’t it?” she asked in a soft whisper. “Everything all smooth and silky…” Cass was rocking her hips once more, trying to press herself against the soap and Dae’s palm. Dae nipped at her earlobe. “Skin just glides against skin…getting more and more slippery.”

“A little harder. Just a little—Gods, yes! Right there! Fuck me just like that!”

Twisting slightly in her arms, Cass turned her face and reached for Dae’s head, pulling her into a kiss which started in feverish passion but gradually slowed into something more languid. Spray from the shower cascaded down their faces as their tongues dueled back and forth, occasionally nipping at one another’s lips. Dae reveled in every squeak, every gasp, every breathless whimper that escaped her latest lover’s throat. For a few minutes more Dae continued to match the rhythm of Cass’s thrusting pelvis, the water washing away the lather as quickly as it formed. But before she could bring her friend back to edge of climax again, Cass broke free of her embrace and turned, pushing her back.

“Not yet,” she panted, dark eyes now ablaze with fiery hunger. “I’ve been dying to get my hands on you since that first night I saw you all naked. I’m not waiting any longer.”

“You’ll recall I offered an open invitation at the time.”

“I recall you teasing everybody with treats you knew we couldn’t accept!” Cass countered.

Dae loved the way Cass’s eyes drifted down her wet body with such intense focus, devouring every inch of dripping skin. She presented the bar of soap to her and said, “There’s no law that says you can’t help a friend bathe…is there?”

Cass didn’t hesitate; she lathered her hands in soapy bubbles and boldly set them over Dae’s full breasts. Dae allowed the sexy imp to caress her, those mischievous eyes locked onto her face, reading her enjoyment. When her fingers began to tweak and fondle the sapphire studded ring that pierced her left nipple, Dae’s legs almost buckled as a surging wave of pleasure shot through her. With one hand Cass continued exploring her chest, while the other descended down her abdomen, the tips of her fingers tickling over the rise of her pubic mound for just a second before veering to the side. Around the flare of her right hip she went, giving her butt a quick squeeze and a little pat before retracing their path; Dae’s eyelids fluttered as her fingers finally slipped between her legs.

“Y-you’re very thorough.”

“So I’ve been told,” Cass said coyly, her delicate fingers stroking lightly against Dae’s sex, teasing her. “Funny…you feel pretty smooth down here already. Doesn’t seem like there’s much for me to do.”

“Mmm…well I might have already taken care of that yesterday. Guess you’ll have to think of another way to ‘help’ me…won’t you?”

“I’m sure I’ll come up with something.”

Dae’s breath was coming faster, more ragged, as Cass’s mouth moved over her cleavage and breasts, sucking and licking and exploring. Finally she sealed her lips over her left nipple and began teasing Dae’s marital ring with her flickering tongue.

As much as she was enjoying Cass’s ministrations, Dae knew her previous efforts had already driven her friend close to the edge and she wanted them to reach the peak together. She wrapped her arms around the smaller girl’s shoulders and moved to pin her against the cold tiled wall behind them, slipping one thigh between Cass’s legs and pressing it against the slick heat of her sex. Still suckling her pierced nipple, Cass seemed to recognize what she had in mind and braced herself against the wall. This helped her maintain her balance as she began working her hips in tight circles, grinding against Dae’s body while ensuring that the curve of her hip bone pressed between Dae’s legs also.

Lost in an increasingly feverish exploration of one another’s bodies, the two were moving quickly to completion when the sound of new footsteps interrupted their pleasure. They paused, each of them flushed with arousal, before breaking their intimate embrace just enough to turn around. Frozen in the entryway, staring at them with wide eyes, stood Emily and Jocelyn. Dae felt Cass tense slightly in her arms, but she offered the newcomers a slightly breathless, unconcerned smile. The two women glanced at each other, grinned, and started giggling into their hands. Dae watched them shyly set their towels aside and begin disrobing, their eyes firmly fixed on her and Cass.

“Guess we’re not the only ones to have this idea.”

“Maybe we should continue this back in our room?” Cass suggested in a faintly awkward tone. But Dae flashed her a grin and a daringly raised eyebrow.

“Why? I know you’re not exactly shy…” She pressed her knee slightly against the mound of Cass’s sex and saw her eyelids flicker. “…and I don’t mind an audience. Let them watch; they might learn something interesting.”

Cass stared up at her, faint color rising in her cheeks, but then she glanced back at the other couple. They were still observing them with nervous but excited interest, darting each other reassuring looks and giggling…but they were clearly far from offended by the sight of their intimate position. In fact, they both seemed intensely curious.

Running her hands down the contours of Cass’s spine to her ass, Dae gripped her buttocks and pulled her firmly against her, encouraging her to continue her movements. Leaning down she dragged her tongue up along Cass's neck, whispering in her ear. “Tricia will probably have retired for the night by now and Kaylee’s in no mood for play, so unless you’d rather I ravish you in the hallway…”

That seemed to settle the issue for Cass; she relaxed in Dae’s arms and let her hips resume their gentle and mutually pleasurable grind. Dae brought her hand from the curve of Cass’s ass back to her freshly shaved sex and began to massage her lips and clit with her fingers. She gave an approving moan when Cass did the same, enjoying how she alternated her attentions between rapid, firm circles which pushed her senses quickly to the edge, and slow, leisurely caresses that brought her back. With the water still cascading over them, the friction between their bodies felt utterly delicious, but the greatest rush of ecstasy for Dae came every time she glanced over at the two spectators to their pleasure.

Emily and Joss had moved over to share the same shower head, and they looked shyly flattered by Dae’s continued and thorough perusal of their naked bodies. Moving against Cass’s slippery body, feeling the passion rising in her blood, Dae reveled in the way those two sets of eyes watched their coupling with timid but avid attention.

That streak of exhibitionism she’d recently discovered in herself seemed to be growing stronger, and Dae felt no shame or desire to rein it in. Especially not when she saw how the two girls had begun shyly running their hands over each other, clearly inspired by the spectacle of their pleasure. She offered the pair an encouraging smile; they blushed, giggled…but continued exploring one another under the guise of bathing.

It wasn’t long before Dae and Cass had worked each other into a fever of escalating passion; Dae’s cries grew less restrained as her climax approached, blending with Cass’s higher-pitched squeals and sounding particularly loud as the music of their lust echoed off the tiled walls. Dae had just enough presence of mind left to worry that one of Father Douglas’ underlings might happen by and hear the cacophony, so in an effort to muffle the sound she brought her lips to Cass’s. The two kissed deeply as the first twitches of orgasm shivered through Dae’s center and weakened her legs. Cass helped support her with the arm she’d wrapped around her waist, fingers moving in a blur between her legs as she thrust her hips urgently. Determined to bring her newest lover with her over the edge, Dae redoubled her own efforts; a second later she felt Cass’s muscles tighten and spasm, and her legs trembled weakly. She wasn’t sure whether she was holding Cass up or Cass was holding her, but somehow they managed to stay upright through the blinding waves of ecstasy.

Her breath was still coming in shallow, desperate pants as she released her hold on Cass and let her collapse onto the bench beside them, where she lay sprawled on her back, eyes closed and struggling to recover as mad little giggles bubbled up from her throat. Curious to see if their audience had found further inspiration from the spectacle of their orgasmic trysting, Dae turned her attention to the two women watching. Jocelyn, blushing furiously, was whispering something to her lover. Whatever she said inspired a rather wicked-looking grin to spread across Emily’s face and sent her eyes latching straight onto Dae. Emily crooked her finger in their direction.

Sparing Cass a quick glance, Dae left her on the bench and sauntered over to the pair. “Is there something I can help you with?”

Emily nodded and, leaning closer, whispered into Dae’s ear. “She’s too shy to ask…but Joss has a little fantasy she was hoping you might entertain. She wants to feel all three of us…you know…on her.”

“Is that so?”

Emily gave her neck a playful lick and purred, “She keeps it to herself, but Joss has a bit of a wild streak. You interested?”

Dae glanced back over her shoulder to Cass, raising an eyebrow. “What do you think, Cass? Ready for another round?”

Cass appeared to have recovered her senses somewhat, but she still sported that wolfish, toothy grin and her eyes, though dazed, practically glowed with passion’s light. “How can I refuse my lady’s generous invitation.”

“It’s ‘Consort’…not lady.”

Cass rolled her eyes and got her shaky legs under her. “Whatever.”

The three of them slowly encircled Jocelyn, pressing their bodies lightly against her from all sides. Emily cupped Jocelyn’s face with both hands as the two kissed wetly, their tongues coiling like serpents around each other while Dae and Cass began trailing their fingers over her skin, exploring her from behind. When Emily abandoned the kiss and began moving down her neck to her partner’s chest, licking and nibbling, Jocelyn closed her eyes and tilted her head back, mouth agape. Though her face was flushed a dusky shade of rose, she wasn’t letting her embarrassment deter her from enjoying the experience; the most delightful little whimpers and moans escaped her as the three of them lavished attention on her naked body with their hands and mouths. When Dae ran her hand from Jocelyn’s shoulder to the nape of her neck, letting her fingers get tangled in her wet, dirty blonde hair, it seemed to trigger a particularly excited response—her breathing stopped and her eyes popped open.

“Please…”

Dae leaned closer to her, gazing deeply into her wide, pleading eyes. “Please, what?”

Whatever it was, Jocelyn seemed paralyzed beyond the ability to articulate her desire, but Emily answered for her. “She likes it when you pull her hair.”

Interesting. Dae gathered up a nice handful of her long hair and twisted it around her hand, giving it a gentle tug. “Like this?”

Jocelyn’s mouth dropped open; she was still struggling to keep air in in her lungs, her breaths coming in short, sharp pants, but managed a tremulous nod. “Aahh…y-you can do it harder. Just a little.”

Dae pulled a fraction harder and sharper, and Jocelyn’s head snapped back, her body arched, and a manic gleam shone in her eyes. “This okay?” she queried.

“Uh-huh! Perfect.”

Dae brushed her lips against the girl’s shoulder, a little amused by the typically oh-so-shy and reserved young woman’s eager response. When Emily caught her eye and gave her a “told you so” grin, she chuckled. “It’s always the quiet ones you have to watch out for.”

The three of them continued lavishing attention on Jocelyn’s naked, dripping body, their hands and mouths exploring her—and occasionally each other—with meticulous devotion. The scene might well have been conjured from Dae’s own fantasies; she recalled Inaya’s teasing allusions to the ceremony awaiting her when she returned to El’Kasari and her friends in the harem…her promise that they would have their time together soon. She imagined relating her experiences here to the other pleasure-servants, knowing how much the women all enjoyed tales of lust and debauchery.

Dae let the fingers of her free hand drift down to caress Jocelyn’s backside, slipping them between her thighs when she shifted her feet to offer better access to her most sensitive flesh.

She tried to commit every element of this moment to memory—the heat of their bodies contrasting with the cool of the water from the showers, the sound of Jocelyn’s moans growing ever more breathless and strained as Dae caressed her dripping sex, and the simmering, lustful energy flowing between the four of them. When she returned to the harem, the tale of this encounter would doubtless be a highlight; she wanted the details clear and crisp so she might accurately share it properly with her friends.

Continued

 Bard's Page

Back to the Academy