Chapter 8

It had been a long and interesting day for Dae, but when Zafirah asked if she was ready to turn in for the night, she felt a fresh surge of energy sweep away her fatigue. Most of the tribe had drifted away to find sleep, but a few remained by the fires while others took up sentry positions to guard the camp through the night. Following her wife back to their yurt, Dae was grateful that the darkness hid her excited grin.

“So,” said Zafirah as they entered, “did you enjoy your first taste of nomad life? I noticed you seemed quite taken with Kalid and his feathered friends.”

“I did, and I was,” Dae said, not surprised her attentive partner had spotted her interest in the falcons. She unlaced her boots and kicked them off, rubbing her tired feet. “I never imagined a bird of prey could be tamed like that. And the way he could control and guide it in flight…I’ve never seen anything like it. It was amazing!”

Zafirah went around the yurt and lit several of the scattered shamedan, their flames creating a warm light in the cool darkness. “I am pleased. You seem to have charmed the entire camp…and these are not people given to trusting outsiders. The children in particular seemed eager to keep you company.”

“They’re an energetic lot,” Dae laughed. “But it was fun. I think I have a better idea now of what you must have been like at that age. Your mother told me you were quite a handful.” Dae settled herself on the sleeping pallet with a sigh, watching Zafirah unwrap the headscarf from around her neck and toss it on a table. It seemed the Scion hadn’t noticed the reaction of the other women to her, and she was glad.

“Do not believe every tale she tells you,” Zafirah said. “By her accounting my antics brought the tribe to the brink of disaster every other week.”

“Oh, I think I know you well enough by now to distinguish fact from fiction,” Dae said, putting her hands behind her head and laying back comfortably. “And I think it’s nice, getting the chance to see you through different eyes.”

“Perhaps tomorrow we could ride out with the morning hunting party,” Zafirah suggested. “There are some especially splendid views over the southern plains not far from here.”

“That sounds like fun, but maybe wait a day or two; it was a long ride out here,” Dae said, her eyes narrowing as she watched her partner remove her boots. There had been no opportunities for them to be intimate on the trek out here; a good thing, perhaps, as it had given both of their new piercings some additional time to heal. She lowered her voice to something sultrier, more suggestive. “I like that we finally have a little privacy and a proper bed. Some time together…alone.”

Zafirah froze in the task of unlacing her trousers. When she looked up, her surprised expression confirmed she had deduced where Dae’s thoughts were running.

Dae sat up, fingers toying with the fringe of her top before slowly tracing the intricately woven leather strips that covered her breasts. “Your mother’s workmanship is remarkable,” she purred, breaking the intense eye-contact to consider her new wardrobe for a moment. “I’ve never owned anything quite like it before. Doesn’t it make me look every bit the desert princess?” Zafirah managed a weak nod, and Dae gave her a rapacious grin. “She warned me I should take care not to let you damage her gift in your haste to remove it.”

“I…I had thought you would be weary after such a busy day.”

“Oh, on the contrary. Perhaps it’s just the fresh air of the open desert, but I find myself feeling quite… invigorated.” Dae’s fingers released the clasp on her top and she shivered as the leather slipped from her shoulders. Her nipples pebbled in the cool air.

“Is that so?”

“Mmhmm.” She reached for the belt about her waist and unbuckled it slowly.

Zafirah’s eyes flashed to the yurt’s entrance and back to Dae. “Are you certain? The camp is a far cry from the privacy of our room in the palace.”

“Privacy?” Dae chuckled, amused by Zafirah’s uncharacteristic hesitance. “Inaya and the others are always teasing me about how loud I am…the palace guards, too. There’s not much point being embarrassed about it. Besides, we’ll be in the camp a week or more. I’ve no intention of waiting until we return to El’Kasari, so they might as well get used to it now.” Dae looked to where Zafirah’s fingers had paused in the act of removing her trousers, and she raised an eyebrow wickedly. “Continue…slowly.”

Zafirah hesitated for a moment, but when Dae began sliding her trousers over her hips and down her legs, it seemed to shake her back to her senses.

Dae licked her lips and settled back on the pile of cushions at the head of the pallet to enjoy the show. Watching Zafirah disrobe was like rediscovering her body every time, and it never failed to inspire her arousal. Although Dae had a secondary motive for initiating this encounter, there was no denying the sweet burn that settled low in her belly.

“Come,” she whispered as her partner shed the last of her clothes. “I have been without your touch too many nights.”

Their lips met in an ardent kiss as Zafirah lowered herself beside her, tongues dueling softly against each other. Dae shifted her upper torso around as she brought a hand up to explore Zafirah’s body, using the leverage her position afforded to take full control of the kiss. Zafirah surrendered readily, gasping when Dae’s mouth released her own to plant a wet line of kisses down her neck and over her chest. For long minutes they exchanged caresses, Dae’s lips following the path of her hands. Looking up at her lover through a curtain of pale hair, Dae let her lips roam close to the silver piercing at Zafirah’s left breast, studying her reaction. When her tongue flicked out and tasted metal, she heard a sharp gasp and paused in her play. “Sorry, did I hurt you?”

Zafirah, clearly preoccupied with the flood of desire washing over her, shook her head. “No…keep going.”

Dae grinned and took another experimental lick, curious at the response. Inaya had promised her the jewelry would bring great pleasure, and Zafirah’s reaction seemed to confirm this. So far, all Dae had felt was a dull ache, and she wondered how it would feel when her actions were reciprocated. She allowed her tongue to dance over and around the piercing for several delicious moments, setting Zafirah’s entire body writhing, before working her way down over rippling, bronzed muscles toward her goal. Looking up the expanse of Zafirah’s body she saw her mate watching her, eyes dark with desirous anticipation. Slipping lower she settled herself between long, spread thighs and claimed Zafirah’s center with a sucking kiss.

Her tastebuds swam in the familiar flavor of Zafirah’s essence, sparking a jolt of electricity through her nerve-endings. She spent a few moments twirling her tongue around the stiffened nub of Zafirah’s clitoris, letting the tension build, then very deliberately shifted her focus to her lover’s right hip and upper thigh. Zafirah mewed in protest and Dae chuckled, flashing the anxious woman a salacious grin. “Patience,” she said. “I want this to last a very long time.”

Zafirah glared down at her but made no move to guide her back to the center of her need. Dae maintained eye-contact as she kissed her way along the smooth expanse of Zafirah’s leg, licking the sensitive skin behind her knee and then down further, thoroughly enjoying the foreplay. She reached Zafirah’s ankle, teasing the tendons there before heading back up slowly. She paused to lavish fleeting attention on the supine woman’s glistening sex before giving her other leg the same treatment.

Zafirah was panting with need by the time she completed her journey, fingers clawing at the silk sheets in wanton anticipation. A loud moan escaped her when Dae’s mouth claimed her center again, the sound only spurring Dae on; she suckled hard at Zafirah’s clit before spearing her tongue into her dripping core. Zafirah encouraged the action with another hearty moan.

Dae was pleased with the response, but she wanted more…needed more. Taking firm hold of Zafirah’s upper thighs she pressed them back, spreading her open and securing access to her sex. Her tongue flashed over Zafirah’s labia in a devilish dance. Zafirah squirmed and shuddered, but Dae withdrew her mouth again and waited, watching. When Zafirah looked down at her pleadingly, Dae licked her lips in a wanton display, her eyes demanding.

“Are you holding back?” The question was met by a look of mild confusion, and Dae quickly clarified. “I can feel it in your muscles…I can hear it in your voice. You want this as much as I do, so show me. Tell me.”

“Please, Tahirah.”

Dae shook her head and said insistently, “Louder.”

“Gods, please, I need your tongue!”

“Better.” Dae set her mouth back to the task of pleasing her lover, her efforts now rewarded with cries and moans of increasing volume. But Dae had learned to read her lover’s body well since they became intimate, and she was able to fan the flames of Zafirah’s arousal without bringing her to swift release. When she slid a finger into the snug heat of Zafirah’s core, the taller woman’s body stiffened, back arched in desperate need. “Gods, yes! Please, Tahirah, let me come!”

Dae barely lifted her mouth from the slippery feast before her to say, “Not yet.”

She brought the Scion to the brink of climax half a dozen times, reveling in the increasingly desperate tone of her cries. The walls of the yurt were thick and provided superb insulation, doubtless as effective at muffling sound as heat, but Dae was soon confident Zafirah’s pleading sounds of ecstasy were loud enough to echo through the camp. Knowing she would only be able to deny her climax for so long—after all, it had been several days since they’d had an opportunity to indulge their passion—Dae finally pulled herself away from the feast of flesh before her and withdrew her finger.

Zafirah immediately sat up, breathless and whimpering. “No…please, just a little more!”

Dae offered her a look of mild apology, the expression somewhat negated when she slowly sucked the evidence of Zafirah’s arousal from her fingers. “As much as I’m enjoying the sounds of your pleasure, and as anxious as I am to hear more, I’m afraid if we continue like this we will disturb the sleep of the tribe.” Now Zafirah looked thoroughly bewildered, and Dae grinned playfully. “Fortunately, I have an idea how we might solve this problem. Wait here.”

Getting to her feet, Dae grabbed a silk robe from the small pile of clothes left for her by Rashida and slipped it on, tying the sash about her waist with a loose knot before heading to the sheepskin door. Pushing it open, she took a half step into the darkness outside and allowed her eyes a moment to adjust. Scanning the camp, it didn’t take her long to make out the few silhouettes of people still moving about in the night. As she had hoped, the sounds of Zafirah’s pleasure had attracted a number of curious—if discreet—onlookers. One lone figure, standing closer than the others, caught her eye…undoubtedly feminine in shape and standing against the darker form of the yurt some twenty paces away. The figure froze when Dae looked in her direction…perhaps startled at being caught spying. Before the watcher could retreat, Dae lifted the sheepskin door-flap to the side and allowed light from within the yurt to wash over her more fully. She crooked a finger at the voyeur, inviting her to approach. She visibly hesitated, then stepped closer.

Dae gave the girl a pleased smile when she drew near enough to make out her features; like most of the nomad women she was lean and pretty, with an olive-bronzed complexion and long black hair worn in a distinctive side-braid. In build and height she was similar to Dae herself, less curvaceous perhaps, but around the same age. Her large dark eyes met Dae’s steady gaze uncertainly, dropped furtively lower and then guiltily snapped back to her face. Dae’s smile widened; her robe was parted in a casually immodest way, and she knew the inner curve of her breasts and most of her skin was exposed all the way to the lowest reaches of her abdomen.

Dae let her own eyes wander over the nervous girl a long, lingering moment, letting her appreciation show in her expression. “What is your name?” she asked, looking the girl in the eye.

The girl faltered, then said very quietly, “Aaliyah.”

“Aaliyah…a beautiful name.” Dae languidly shifted her stance, allowing the robe to fall open a fraction wider; she was pleased to see the girl’s eyes drop back over the exposed skin. “I wonder if you might be willing to assist me with a problem, Aaliyah.”

“I-I would be honored, Consort.” Aaliyah's voice had a heavy accent, more pronounced than most of the girls in the harem; the Common tongue was clearly her second language.

“Excellent.” She felt bold and daring, her skin tingling with excitement at the thought of what she had planned. “I’m concerned the Scion’s cries of ecstasy are disturbing the sleep of your fellow tribesmen…and since I have no intention of ending our play any time soon, there is a service I would ask of you.”

Aaliyah gave her a puzzled look. “Wh-what type of service?”

“I had hoped that with your help…we might offer the Scion a more productive use for her mouth besides screaming.”

The look of astonishment on Aaliyah’s face was exactly what Dae had been hoping for, and confirmed her intention had been understood. She lifted the door flap further open, felt cool air against the piercing at her left breast and knew that Aaliyah’s view had just become even more interesting. She offered an inviting smile. “Would you like to join us…or shall I ask one of your friends?”

Aaliyah stood frozen, transfixed by the vision of Dae’s exposed body. Only when Dae cleared her throat quietly did she wrest her eyes back up and give a tentative nod. Dae held out her hand and Aaliyah hesitated only briefly before accepting it. Turning back to the light, Dae led their way inside.

Zafirah, lying naked and completely exposed upon the sleeping pallet, tensed when she saw their unexpected guest…but only momentarily. She wasn’t the type to embarrass easily, and though this was certainly a surprising development, she didn’t appear to find it in any way unwelcome. Dae gently pushed their guest forward, watching her partner’s reaction closely. Zafirah made no move to cover herself, offering a roguish smile to Aaliyah when she saw her. Her hooded gaze spoke of lustful admiration…but Dae guessed Zafirah had never bedded Aaliyah on any of her visits to the tribe. No…her look was one of eager anticipation and discovery, not what Dae would have expected to see if the two were more intimately acquainted.

Dae stepped behind Aaliyah, pressing herself against her back. The young woman hitched in a sharp intake of breath when Dae began to slowly remove her clothing.

“I assume the two of you know one another,” Dae whispered.

Zafirah sat up slightly, resting her weight on her elbows, her sapphire eyes almost purple in the light of the shamedan. “Indeed,” she nodded. “Good evening, Aaliyah.”

“M-my Scion.” Aaliyah’s voice trembled slightly; she looked as though she was walking through a dream.

Dae grinned, tugging the cloth of Aaliyah’s caftan up her torso. “And I assume you won’t object to getting to know her more…intimately?”

“Oh, certainly not.”

“Excellent.” Pulling Aaliyah’s shirt over her head, exposing her upper body to the light, Dae couldn’t help but pause a long moment to fully appreciate the sight. Smooth, powerful muscles rippled across her back, particularly evident in her shoulders and biceps; Dae judged it likely the girl must be a warrior. She ran her hands over the olive skin, testing her responses and delighting in the firmness of her body. Caressing with light fingers, watching the muscles shift under her touch, she explored Aaliyah’s unfamiliar body a few moments before reaching around her waist to begin unbuckling the belt that cinched her trousers.

“Aaliyah has kindly agreed to provide you with a distraction from my efforts,” Dae explained, slipping her fingers into the waistband of Aaliyah’s trousers and skimming them down her legs; she wore no underwear beneath. The view of her from behind was quite spectacular, her thighs and buttocks equally as firm as the rest of her body. There didn’t seem to be an ounce of fat on her entire body; she was lean and wiry, powerful in a way Dae had never experienced before. “I doubt your cries of pleasure will be nearly so loud when they are muffled by her most intimate flesh.”

“How very considerate of you,” Zafirah purred; though she still seemed a little confused to be entertaining another lover, it was obvious that Aaliyah’s presence had only increased her excitement.

Dae ran her hands around Aaliyah’s body and cupped her small breasts, nuzzling her neck and pulling their bodies together. It was fun, she considered, exploring someone new. Dae had grown familiar with Zafirah’s body these last few months, and although she had mostly invited Aaliyah to join them to prove a point, she was thoroughly enjoying this opportunity to test her developing skills on someone besides her wife. Her fingers teased the points of her nipples and brought them to sharp attention. Breathing deep, Dae’s senses filled with the scent of arousal flowing from every pore of Aaliyah’s skin; she must have been listening to Zafirah’s impassioned cries for quite some time.

“Your body is incredible,” she whispered into Aaliyah’s ear, relishing the little shiver her comment elicited. “I’ve never seen such musculature on a woman before.”

“Th-thank you, Consort.”

Dae grinned wickedly; although Aaliyah was obviously in a state of tremendous excitement, her arousal seemed to be warring with her confusion. Dae thought it was rather adorable, and she licked a drop of sweat from her neck before whispering, “Come…I can’t wait to watch you climax in Zafirah’s mouth.”

Wordlessly, Aaliyah allowed Dae to lead her over to Zafirah’s reclining form. When Dae set her hands on her shoulders and gently but firmly pressed her down, she sank compliantly to her knees, the mound of her sex hovering less than an inch above the Scion’s waiting mouth.

“Perfect,” Dae said, lightly kissing the stunned young woman on the lips before moving back to the foot of the pallet. “Now just relax…and enjoy.” Settling back between Zafirah’s spread thighs, Dae looked up and admired the sight of Aaliyah’s position. She patted Zafirah’s leg and stated firmly, “You will have release only after you have brought Aaliyah to climax.”

The parameters of her pleasure so dictated, Zafirah wasted no time in cleaving the lips of Aaliyah’s sex with her tongue, lapping at her arousal-slicked flesh with fixed devotion. Aaliyah stiffened at the sudden and fervent attention, and Dae shot her a wicked smile.

She had long wondered how it would feel to watch her beloved with another woman; would the sight spark some latent jealous streak hidden deep within her, or perhaps a sense of possessive anger? She was relieved to find the sight was simply…immensely stimulating. Aaliyah was an extremely attractive young woman; she had high, sharply defined cheekbones, full pouting lips and large, luminous eyes framed by long, thick lashes. Watching her hips rock slowly in a helpless rhythm, grinding her center against Zafirah’s mouth, Dae’s excitement only rose. Lowering her mouth back to Zafirah’s swollen sex, Dae could feel Aaliyah’s dark eyes consuming her…wandering over her body, still clad in the silken robe, with undeniable interest.

Dragging her tongue leisurely over Zafirah’s sex, Dae was careful to keep from pushing her too close to the edge. She paused frequently to look up at Aaliyah; the girl was still staring at her, her expression equal parts pleasure and something like dazed wonder…as though she was struggling to come to terms with her present situation while being subjected to the focused torment of Zafirah’s tongue.

With her own pleasure dependent upon Aaliyah’s, Zafirah didn’t appear interested in wasting time teasing the girl. Dae watched as she applied her expertise wholeheartedly to the task of bringing Aaliyah to a swift climax, tongue working in merciless circles around her clit, seeking every sensitive nerve-ending she could find and setting them all ablaze. Zafirah wrapped her arms around Aaliyah’s waist, hands cupping her small breasts, encouraging and guiding her movements. It wasn’t long before Aaliyah’s body became a quivering mass of sexual tension, and although only a few quiet whimpers escaped past her clenched teeth, it was obvious she was struggling to keep her composure against the erotic assault.

Watching the display of taut skin over corded muscles, Dae forced down the rising tide of her own excitement and tried to concentrate on driving Zafirah to distraction. Parting the satiny lips before her with her fingers, she began to lave her lover’s swollen clit, first with long, broad strokes of her tongue, then with feather-soft caresses. She varied tempo and pressure to keep her partner from anticipating her next move…but this wasn’t the first time Zafirah had played such a game. Despite Dae’s best efforts, she maintained her focus with a remarkable display of discipline. Watching Aaliyah’s hips gyrate and squirm against the Scion’s mouth, Dae could tell she wouldn’t last much longer.

When Aaliyah’s whimpers turned to throaty cries of passion, Dae paused in her own devotions to watch her climax ascend. Since her first introduction to the world of sexual pleasure, Dae had considered the spectacle of a woman at the height of climax to be one of the most beautiful things in the world. From her personal experiences—limited though they might be—she understood that every woman was different, as was every experience. Aaliyah was more stoic than anyone Dae had ever witnessed in such condition; her jaw was clenched tight, her muscles strained, and the sounds of pleasure she made were low-pitched and primal. When she came, however, she did so with breathtaking intensity; her shoulders and back hunched forward, long hair falling over her flushed face as her hips and thighs ground her center forcefully against Zafirah’s relentless mouth. Dae watched the spasms of ultimate pleasure cascade over her lithe, powerful body in waves, eventually subsiding to leave her gasping for air. Aaliyah collapsed weakly onto her side, pulling her sensitized sex away from Zafirah’s mouth. She shook her hair back from her face and looked at Dae, panting and dazed. Dae flashed her a hungry grin before dropping her mouth back to Zafirah’s weeping sex.

Caged by the smooth embrace of Zafirah’s thighs, Dae allowed her tongue to glide between the swollen, slick lips, dipping briefly into the hot sweetness within. When Zafirah gave a breathless moan, Dae replaced her tongue with a finger, thrusting with slow, shallow strokes while fluttering her tongue against her clit like the wings of a dragonfly. A second finger joined the first, and it only took a few seconds more to bring her lover over the edge.

Zafirah screamed in ecstasy, thighs locking together as her hands gripped the back of Dae’s head, pushing, thrusting, straining, as waves of explosive passion consumed her. Only after her climax had run its course did she push Dae away from her twitching sex, drawing deep gulps of air and squirming in rapturous satiation.

Dae licked the sweet nectar of her lover’s release from her lips; Aaliyah was staring at her with trancelike wonder, and she offered her a smile. “Thank you, Aaliyah. That was perfection.”

The girl still looked stunned, but she managed a nod and a slight, hesitant smile. “You are welcome, Consort.”

Dae grinned playfully. “There’s no need to be so formal, sweetness,” she said, amused by the use of her title at such a time. “You may call me Dae.”

“Thank you…Dae.”

Zafirah was sitting up now, looking from Dae to their new playmate with sultry anticipation. “Perhaps you would care to show Dae just how much you appreciate her inviting you to join our pleasure.”

A ravening fire burst to life in Dae’s belly, and she gave Aaliyah an approving look. “I would like that,” she said huskily, “very much.”

Aaliyah’s wide eyes stared at Dae uncertainly—they were dilated with arousal, but there was something else there, too. It was strange, but Dae could have sworn she read fear in the girl’s expression and wondered at the cause. Surely Aaliyah wasn’t afraid of her…was she? She held out her hand. “Come closer, sweetness. I won’t bite.”

Hesitantly, still looking very uncertain, Aaliyah crawled over to Dae and took her hand. Dae smiled reassuringly and brought Aaliyah’s hand to her lips, figuring she would start slowly. She gently kissed along the girl’s palm and then sucked a finger into her mouth, rolling her tongue in wet, lazy circles over the calluses at the tip. A shiver passed through Aaliyah’s body as Dae let the finger slip from between her lips, giving the digit a final playful nip. Her wide eyes were flicking down to furtively study the exposed skin of Dae’s upper body and cleavage. Dae twinned their fingers together, letting her own gaze wander in shameless appreciation.

She hadn’t expected such apprehension from Aaliyah; according to tales she’d heard from both Zafirah and the others in the harem, women of the nomadic tribes were typically fiery and passionate lovers. Slowly, still sensing her insecurity, Dae brought their bodies closer together, giving Aaliyah time to get her bearings. Guiding Aaliyah’s hand over her body, Dae led their fingers down the inner edge of the robe she wore, parting it fully and exposing her breasts. Aaliyah’s gaze dropped, her breath catching loudly in her throat, and when her eyes returned to her face, Dae gave her a look of encouragement. “It’s okay,” she whispered, planting Aaliyah’s hand on her breast and releasing it. “Touch me. I promise I won’t break.”

Tentatively, Aaliyah began exploring Dae’s body, lightly caressing her breasts and running her fingertips into her cleavage. Dae sighed in pleasure and flexed her shoulders, allowing the silk robe to slip away and expose her nakedness. Aaliyah gasped, wide eyes drinking in the vision of pale, alabaster skin. She glanced at Zafirah as though seeking her approval, and the Scion gave her a small nod. Her explorations, still timid, drifted lower. In a low voice Aaliyah whispered words in her native tongue…words Dae didn’t understand, but which made Zafirah chuckle and reply in kind. She gave her lover a curious look.

“What did she say?”

Zafirah smiled. “Aaliyah has never seen an outlander woman before, and certainly not in so intimate a setting. She asks if you are Sacred—a mortal descendent or favored chosen of the ancient pantheon of Gods— to be blessed with such radiance of face and form.”

Dae looked back at Aaliyah and noticed for the first time that she was blushing fiercely; her complexion was dark enough that it had hid the color in her cheeks. It suddenly dawned on her that what she‘d interpreted as fear in the girl’s touch was in fact reverence and awe. “You think I’m born of divinity?” When Aaliyah lowered her head, embarrassed, Dae gently cupped her chin and brought her eyes back up. Dae ran her thumb over the line of her jaw, fingers threading though the mass of dark hair just above her neck, drawing her face close. “I assure you, I’m as much flesh and blood as any other woman you have lain with,” she whispered, pressing a light kiss against her lips and feeling her sigh in response. “And after watching you come so magnificently, my need is great.”

Claiming her mouth a second time, she let her tongue teasingly moisten Aaliyah’s lower lip. The girl whimpered, eyes closing as her lips parted, and Dae pressed her advantage. Her tongue darted into Aaliyah’s mouth quickly, playfully, then again, and eventually she felt her reciprocate. Dae backed away and was thrilled when Aaliyah pursued—fast and hot, but only briefly. This was more like what she’d been expecting; Dae could sense something wild and animal in Aaliyah’s responses, a coiled passion she seemed reluctant to unleash. But Dae was persistent, letting their kiss deepen momentarily before withdrawing, daring her playmate to come after her.

Just as she hoped, this time Aaliyah followed more aggressively. Her hands now sought Dae’s breasts with fierce need, brushing against the still-tender piercing. Pleasure surged through Dae and she moaned into Aaliyah’s mouth, clutching at the back of her head with one hand while the other wrapped around her slender waist and pulled their bodies tight against each other. Aaliyah’s growing boldness only fueled Dae’s lust; this was the fire she’d hoped for…the conflagration she longed to feel searing her flesh to ashes.

When they finally broke their passionate kiss, both women were breathing heavily. Dae eagerly shifted her position so she could rub her dripping sex against the rippling muscles of Aaliyah’s thigh, the solid contact so delicious her head lolled backwards deliriously, back arched as her hips rocked urgently. Gripping Aaliyah tightly and grinding against her, Dae was again amazed at just how incredibly firm her body was; she might have been carved from rosewood were her skin not burning hot with passion. A moment later she gave a pleased squeak when Aaliyah’s lips found her right breast, suckling and gently biting at her turgid nipple.

“Oh, Gods yes!” she moaned, plunging her hands into Aaliyah’s thick mane and pulling her head hard against her. “Harder!”

Aaliyah’s teeth tugged at her aching nipple and she felt the sensation shoot straight to her core. When she shifted her attention to the other breast, flicking at the sapphire-studded ring with her tongue, Dae’s eyes squeezed shut in agonized delight. Just as Inaya had promised her, the piercing made her nipple unbelievably sensitive! Indeed, the mild pain that mixed with the pleasure was so intense Dae found herself unexpectedly close to climax. Aaliyah’s explorations were too slow, too gentle, for the immediacy of her need. She grabbed for the girl’s hand and brought it urgently to the wetness between her thighs.

“More!” she demanded, voice cracking with need. Aaliyah hesitated, taken aback, and Dae growled low in her throat. “Nek ni! Gods, girl, don’t make me wait!”

Aaliyah responded to the stark desperation in her tone by slipping first one finger, then two, between the smooth, delicate petals of Dae’s sex, taking only a moment to slick them in her abundant juices before thrusting firmly into her. Dae’s hips surged and bucked, and she clutched at Aaliyah for support. Those calloused fingers were long and powerful, filling her with strong, certain movements while her thumb rolled confidently against the slippery bud at the top of her crease. When she felt the rumbling vibrations of an animalistic growl tickle her pierced nipple, Dae’s whole body trembled weakly.

With an effort she managed to open her eyes and glance over at Zafirah, hoping her mate wasn’t feeling left out. The sight only pushed her arousal higher still; the Scion was watching their fervent coupling hungrily, one hand roughly massaging her right breast, the other moving in rapid circles over her sex. It was just too much; Dae’s body stiffened as a spasm wracked her core. Aaliyah twisted her hand slightly and curled her fingers against the upper walls of her inner flesh, thrusting hard. That was all it took.

Dae sobbed with release as wave after wave of orgasm tore through her. She trembled and shook, surrendering her body completely to Aaliyah’s attentions with utter joy. When the ripples of ecstasy became overwhelming, Dae grabbed for Aaliyah’s arm and slowed her movements, marveling at the whipcord muscles flexing beneath the skin of her forearm. It took her a long while to catch her breath, but when she did, Dae found Aaliyah looking up at her, lips still parted from suckling her breast. The expression on her face was one of stunned awe. Dae managed a shaky laugh as her fingers slipped from her dripping center.

“Well…” she said, her voice husky, “that was fun.” Gripping her arm more gently now that the urgency had passed, Dae lifted Aaliyah’s hand and brought her glistening fingers to her lips. Very deliberately, aware of the twin sets of eyes watching her, she lapped and sucked the clear honey of her release from those slender digits that had brought her such satisfaction. “Mmm…thank you, Aaliyah. That was utterly exquisite.”

Aaliyah’s lips parted a fraction wider, her dark eyes glassy, and she gave a whimpering little sigh. “My…my pleasure, Consort…um… Dae,” she whispered dreamily.

Dae chuckled, thinking Aaliyah’s shift back to her previous timidity was very cute. “No need to be shy, sweetness,” she said, dipping her head down and laying a light but lingering kiss on Aaliyah’s lips. “I doubt your nature is normally so timorous; I can sense the fire within you.”

Aaliyah seemed to grow more relaxed. Looking over at where Zafirah lay, still stroking herself languidly and watching them with great interest, she again spoke a few words in the Jaharri language.

Zafirah gave a lazy smile and shook her head. “If that is your desire, you should ask her yourself,” she said in reply. “Dae is right, there is no reason to be coy, Aaliyah. I doubt my Consort will deny such a request.”

Dae raised an eyebrow at Aaliyah when she looked back at her, shy, but hopeful. “Is there something I can do for you?”

Aaliyah swallowed hard and nodded. “I…I had hoped you might permit me to…taste you,” she said and Dae saw her gaze move longingly down to her shaved and glistening slit.

“Taste me?” Dae felt her body instantly voice its approval of this idea. She parted her thighs and caressed two fingers teasingly over the wet heat of her sex; Aaliyah’s eyes were transfixed by the sight, her breathing ragged. “Hmm…interesting. I had been thinking you might allow me the same favor, but I suppose I can be patient.” Crawling back over to Zafirah, Dae reclined between her wide-spread thighs, using her body as a cushion and pulling her strong arms around her waist. She stroked herself lazily, eyelids hooded, and gave Aaliyah a look of wanton invitation. “Come then,” she whispered. “Show me how well you can use that pretty tongue.”

Aaliyah moved quickly to accept the summons, slipping between Dae’s spread thighs and pausing to consider her feminine folds, smooth-shaven and gleaming in the scattered lamplight. She spent a long time just looking, exploring every inch of Dae’s sex with her eyes. Dae was certainly no stranger to being admired—every day since she’d been brought into Zafirah’s harem, the eyes of the other pleasure-servants had always been upon her—but she had never seen anyone regard her with such unrestrained and carnal fascination. Aaliyah seemed hypnotized, and it took at least another minute before her fingers gained the courage to gently part the petals of Dae’s labia. Under her breath she was whispering words in the Jaharri tongue, what sounded to Dae like a prayer or supplication. The intimate inspection only made her grow wetter.

Zafirah’s hands were not idle, exploring her upper body. She nuzzled Dae’s neck and whispered in her ear. “The Herak do not keep body-slaves, and such intimate grooming as you practice is not commonplace among the tribes of the southern desert. Aaliyah has never experienced a body like yours, aziza.”

“Please…” Dae begged softly, and her plea seemed to shake Aaliyah from her trance. She looked up, eyes no longer timid but ablaze with furious passion. Dae wriggled her hips in delicious anticipation. “Do it, sweetness. Lick me.”

Aaliyah’s mouth descended but her eyes remained locked with Dae’s. She took a single, sweeping lick along slick, satiny lips; Dae inhaled sharply at the sensation. Aaliyah swallowed and smacked her lips, humming in approval at the taste of her arousal. She dropped her face back down and continued trailing her tongue slowly over the length of Dae’s slit, back and forth in lazy strokes. It was an unhurried and thorough exploration which culminated in Aaliyah closing her mouth over Dae’s core and spearing the tip of her tongue in search of new, more intimate areas to enjoy.

Dae parted her thighs wider still, hooking her forearms behind her knees and splaying herself fully for Aaliyah’s questing tongue to thrust deeper. Zafirah’s hands cupped and fondled her breasts, fingers seeking her nipples and pinching them lightly. Dae’s back arched, pushing her breasts forward in response. Zafirah’s touch became firmer, rougher, urging her to new heights of passion. Dae was growing dizzy with desire now, panting and flexing, utterly consumed by her lust.

Zafirah sucked her earlobe and whispered, “She pleases you?”

Dae nodded. “Oh, yesss! Very much so!”

Aaliyah grinned at the praise. Her hands slid under Dae’s buttocks and gripped her hard, pulling her closer, plunging that nimble tongue relentlessly deeper and deeper. Dae tangled her fingers in the girl’s sweat-dampened hair, knuckles whitening as her fingers curled into fists, hips bucking with increasing urgency. How Aaliyah could breathe she did not know, but lack of oxygen didn’t seem to be slowing her down. Aaliyah responded to Dae’s aggression in kind, seemed to feed off it, sucking and licking with fervent devotion. Zafirah was tugging at her nipples harder, her hot breath tickling against her neck. Dae was almost out of her mind, drunk with passion. Her eyes raked over Aaliyah’s nakedness, devouring the sight of sun-bronzed skin moving over corded muscles in the flickering light…and her need to consume—and to be consumed by—her new lover became more than she could stand.

Pulling hard at Aaliyah’s damp tresses, Dae dragged her face away from her sex. Gasping, lips and chin shiny with Dae’s arousal, Aaliyah didn’t have time to voice her surprise or disappointment before Dae sat up, wrapped her arms around her neck and drove her tongue into her mouth. It wasn’t a gentle kiss, it was fierce and bruising, and when they finally parted they were both gasping.

Dae nipped at Aaliyah’s lower lip. “I’ve changed my mind,” she panted, gazing deeply into her eyes and running her left hand feverishly down over the rippling muscles of her upper torso to her abdomen. “I can’t wait any longer. I want my tongue in you…here.” Aaliyah tensed as Dae’s hand cupped her mound. “Now!”

In her peripheral vision Dae saw Zafirah shift and rise to her knees. The Scion moved behind Aaliyah and pressed against her, sandwiching her between their bodies and rubbing against her. Dae leaned over Aaliyah’s shoulder and accepted a kiss from her mate, both women exploring the body between them with ardent hands. But Dae was impatient, lost in the carnal thrill of the moment, and it wasn’t long before she playfully but firmly wrestled Aaliyah down and threw a leg over her head, positioning her knees just above her shoulders. Aaliyah, equally impassioned, immediately grabbed Dae’s hips and pulled her throbbing center back to her mouth.

Over the rising tide of her excitement Dae took a moment to again appreciate Aaliyah’s body, particularly the soft tangle of dark curls which crowned her center. Leaning forward, supporting her weight on her hands, she breathed in the intoxicating scent of her arousal. Most of Dae’s experiences with other women besides Zafirah had been either instructive or playful encounters; this felt very different, more carnal and thrilling. Although she’d only ever before engaged in oral pleasure with her trusted lover, Dae was so inflamed with lust that the matter of her inexperience had become meaningless.

Dae traced her tongue over the sharply defined contours of Aaliyah’s abdomen before questing lower, licking along the tops of her thighs and finally the silken hair between them. Heat seemed to roll off her sex as if it was a furnace, but Dae resisted the urge to bury her face in it, instead grazing it lightly with tongue and lips, reveling in the shudders of anticipatory pleasure which shook Aaliyah’s body. Only when she could stand to wait no longer did Dae let her tongue seek out the wet fire between the girl’s thighs.

Aaliyah’s taste was wild and spicy; it filled her mouth and sent her tastebuds reeling. A hungry moan escaped her throat as she began licking frantically, seeking more. Dae hardly cared if her efforts were pleasing Aaliyah—though from the tremors that wracked her body it seemed they were—she simply had to have more of that intoxicating flavor, and with every flick of her tongue she felt the flood of moisture increase.

Locked in their intimate embrace, they drove each other on in a cycle of increasing zeal. When soft hands grasped her buttocks, distracting her from her feast, Dae glanced back over her shoulder and saw Zafirah behind her, those dazzling eyes intent upon the union of her sex and Aaliyah’s sucking mouth. She moaned when a finger brushed teasingly over her entrance.

“Inside,” she said breathlessly, and in her lust the word sounded less a request than a command. Zafirah flashed her a wicked grin and obeyed.

It was getting hotter in the yurt as the temperature rose with the heat of their passions. Dae’s skin glistened under a sheen of sweat as her two lovers drove her on. No longer content with just teasing, Aaliyah flattened her tongue and worked it hard against Dae’s clit, lapping like a cat while Zafirah continued working her finger into her tightness. Dae arched her back, thrusting herself into the girl’s face, grinding her sensitive clitoris into the tongue and lips fastened ravenously to her burning core. Over the thundering pulse of her heartbeat, she heard Zafirah speaking in low tones.

“Come for us, my Tahirah. Let Aaliyah taste the full measure of your sweetness.”

The words were enough to send the first pre-orgasmic rushes coursing through her. Dae lifted her face from Aaliyah’s center and cried out, wishing she could beg for more but completely incoherent with the anticipation of release. The world beyond her body’s need had faded to a distant, inconsequential thing; nothing mattered now but that finger thrusting into her and that wicked, wicked tongue! She felt the tension build, expand within her belly, then finally burst, an explosion of fiery ecstasy that sundered her mind and flooded Aaliyah’s sucking mouth with the honey of her release.

The pleasure seemed to go on and on. There was little she could do to escape the delicious torture, but eventually Zafirah withdrew from her dripping, twitching core and her climax ebbed. She was breathless, dizzy, scarcely aware of where she was…but Dae’s hunger was a thing of instinct that required little conscious guidance. Fixing her mouth to Aaliyah’s cleft she began sucking and licking relentlessly. She was vaguely aware of Zafirah moving around to observe her actions, and it took her only a few minutes to repay her new lover in kind for the pleasure she had bestowed.

Aaliyah was silent in her orgasm, but from the way she contorted and writhed beneath her, Dae knew the moment she achieved her objective. Indeed, she had to press her full weight against the girl to maintain their position. As the spasms faded and Aaliyah went limp, she slowed her ministrations to an occasional flick of her tongue over her slippery lips.

When she finally lifted her face, Dae found Zafirah gazing down at her. She immediately reached out and pulled her wife to her, kissing her and sharing the taste of Aaliyah climax. She only broke the exchange to move off Aaliyah, who appeared to be having trouble catching her breath. Dae could certainly empathize; she gave a little laugh and held out her hand, helping her to sit up. Dae stroked Aaliyah’s pretty face tenderly and was pleased when she gave a shaky smile.

“Forgive me, sweetness,” she apologized, “I don’t usually get quite so carried away. Did I hurt you?”

Aaliyah fanned her face a few times, but she was now grinning brilliantly. “Not at all, Consort. That was…well, it was unexpected, to be honest…but only in the best, most wonderful way!”

Zafirah wrapped Dae in a loving hug. “My Tahirah is a woman of great passion. I think the excitement of her first trek into the open desert has thoroughly energized her.”

“Oh, I can see that, Scion.”

Dae laughed. “You look exhausted,” she said, but her tone was playful and, in truth, Aaliyah looked to be recovering her wits quickly. “I hope you have strength to continue our play. There is more I would ask of you.”

Aaliyah seemed much more at ease in the wake of their mutual ravishing, and she regarded Dae with a look of impressed—and excited—respect. “I am at your service, Consort. What would you have of me?”

Dae gave Zafirah an affectionate squeeze and gently pushed her forward. “I think I’d like a moment to catch my breath,” she said, sitting back on her heels. “But while I’m resting, perhaps the two of you could…entertain me.”

Aaliyah and Zafirah looked from Dae to each other and back, then, with a lusty bit of giggling, fell quickly together. Dae lay back on the sleeping pallet and let her hands begin exploring her own sweat-slicked body, watching them with a smile. She felt decadently satisfied; it was fun to be adding to her own sexual exploits, and after this she deemed it unlikely there would be any further mockery among the young women of the tribe regarding her ability to satisfy the Scion’s legendary appetite. Still, she thought as she watched Zafirah and Aaliyah melt together in passion…there was no harm in making doubly certain.

It looked like it was going to be another long night.

*   *          *

It was at least an hour after midnight by the time Aaliyah left their yurt, and from the weariness of her footsteps it was clear their exertions had left her quite thoroughly spent. Dae could relate; reclining on the sleeping pallet in the weak light of a single remaining shamedan, wrapped in the naked embrace of her partner, she felt blissfully, wondrously sated. Blinking sleepily, enjoying the tranquility of the moment, she snuggled against Zafirah and listened to the sound of her breathing grow deep and even.

“I think we three will be late in rising this morn,” she heard Zafirah whisper. “A fortunate thing, perhaps. It should give the tale of Aaliyah’s ravishing time to circulate among the other women in the camp.”

Dae chuckled and looked up into her partner’s bemused eyes. “Ah, so you figured out my little game?”

“Indeed. And I think you made your point quite spectacularly,” Zafirah complimented. “Not only did you demonstrate your acceptance of an open Jaharri union, you ensured that Aaliyah’s friends will be eager to sample our combined passions for themselves.” Zafirah nuzzled Dae’s neck and laid a soft kiss on her shoulder, whispering, “They will wish to experience for themselves the goddess from the watered lands.”

“You don’t think it was too forward of me? I could have asked you before I invited her to join us.”

“I am hardly in a position to deny you the chance to expand your sexual horizons, aziza,” Zafirah laughed, “especially when I reap the benefits in such a delightful way. Watching you and Aaliyah together, sharing our love and our passion with her…I give thanks yet again that the fates saw fit to entwine our lives.”

Remembering the last hours of ardent lovemaking, reflecting on the entire experience, Dae was glad that the dim light hid her blush. “I did get a little carried away with her though.”

“Aaliyah seemed quite in awe of your beauty. You followed your instincts well, drew her passions to the surface and answered them with your own. It was impressive to witness. Perhaps now you see just how far you have come—and how much you have learned—since you came to me.”

“I do…but still, it’s a bit strange for me. I meet a girl one moment, and the next I’m tearing off her clothes and…well…”

“Fucking her?”

Dae felt her blush deepen. “Crudely put, but undeniably accurate. It did get intense.”

“You did not seem to mind in the heat of the moment. In fact, you seemed to revel in it. It is not something you should be ashamed of. Attraction and desire are like lightning strikes in a storm—an unpredictable but natural result of elemental energies coming together. You will meet many women during your life, aziza…beautiful women, powerful women. It is inevitable that some, like Aaliyah, will strike a spark. Allowing physical desire to bring us together in ecstasy is a beautiful thing; my former lovers remain my comrades, my friends, my fondest memories. As you experience more, understand more, your comfort with such levels of passion and intimacy will increase. Give yourself time to adjust.”

“Mm…I know.”

“Truthfully, your invitation to Aaliyah did come as a surprise. After you denied Sakinah her chance, I had thought Inaya would be the first to earn that particular honor.”

Dae nodded drowsily against Zafirah’s breast. “So did I. In fact, she and I had discussed the subject—albeit briefly—before our joining ceremony. I was thinking I’d ask her when we return to the city…but I certainly don’t regret anything. It might have been unplanned, but Aaliyah was…exciting.” She paused, and added, “More carnal.”

“Aggressive?”

“Once she relaxed, let herself go…yes.”

“And you seemed to like it.”

“I did. It was different, but fun.”

Zafirah hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead; Dae felt the smile in her lips. “Then I think Aaliyah was a splendid choice for this occasion,” she said. “And I also think that, when the time comes, Inaya might surprise you.”

“What do you mean? I know what Inaya is like; she and I have already been together.”

“You have played some, true…and Inaya’s tastes encompass quite a broad range. But do not be fooled by her gentle nature. When her arousal is inflamed and the right mood is upon her…Inaya’s passion would make Aaliyah’s seem like a star outshone by the sun.”

“Really?” This wasn’t the first time Dae had heard someone make such a comment about her friend; in fact, hadn’t Inaya herself mentioned something rather intriguing during their previous encounter? Something about enjoying the darker elements of passion? “She did seem to get really excited when we were together,” Dae mused aloud, “especially when I was…you know? Exploring her jewelry.”

“When we return to the palace, perhaps we could invite her to demonstrate her preferences of passion.” Zafirah suggested. “Of course, it will have to be after you have undergone the ritual of Hafl al’iilkhlas multahab.”

Dae poked her in the ribs at the teasing reminder of the ritual. She’d almost forgotten about it in all the excitement of their trip into the desert.

Zafirah just hugged her tighter and chuckled. “For now, put such thoughts from your mind and close your eyes. We had best be getting at least a few hours of sleep before the dawn breaks.”

“Mm…you’re right.” Just the mention of sleep made Dae yawn. It had been a very long and full day, and she couldn’t remember the last time she’d felt this tired…both physically and mentally. “But I still…don’t like…surprises…”

Her eyelids slid shut and she snuggled against Zafirah’s warmth, letting darkness and dreams carry her away.

Continued

 Bard's Page

Back to the Academy