Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Christmas 2011"

Sketch

by

Bard

Editor

Bleu Gato

 

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is copyright 20th Century Fox Film Corporation . All original content of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is copyrighted by the author and is not to be used or modified without permission. All rights reserved.

Contact: bard@xena2.com

Blog: www.xena2.com/blog


FADE IN:

INT. SUNNYDALE – ANGEL'S APARTMENT - NIGHT

The door opens. Buffy, holding one hand over Angel's eyes, guides him inside his living space. It looks the same as always, except for one thing – a homemade Christmas tree.

A four foot tall stake, wide at base and tapering to sharpness at the top, forms the trunk. Single others, in order from largest to smallest, are the branches. The tree is heavy with decoration and includes a set of colorful lights. There is tinsel, garlands, and ornaments. The wood is painted forest green and completes the effect. It is a thing of beauty and deadliness. It looks ready to skewer anyone who so much as thinks to look in its general direction, spiky and ferocious under the holiday spirit wrapping.

Buffy, admonishing gently

BUFFY

Keep them closed. I know you; no peeking.

Buffy leaves Angel, closing the door. She goes to the fridge and gets out a Tupperware container and two clear plastic cups. She opens the lid and pours a generous portion of eggnog in each. Angel waits patiently, eyes closed tight.

Buffy comes over and puts a cup in his hand.

Buffy, expansively

BUFFY

Open and feast on the goodness that is arts and crafts.

Angel opens his eyes and they are all for Buffy.

Buffy, toasting

BUFFY

Cheers!

They drink and then Angel turns to admire the latest addition to his apartment.

Angel, noticing the critical flaw right away, skeptically

ANGEL

It's a tree made of stakes.

Buffy, proudly

BUFFY

Xander made it in wood shop; I painted and decorated. You like?

ANGEL

Buffy, it's a tree made of wooden stakes.

BUFFY

You are a vampire and I'm a Slayer. It's perfect!

Angel, pointing at the tree, exasperated

ANGEL

It's a tree made of pointy wooden stakes!

Buffy is not seeing the problem with her project.

Buffy, scratching her head, helpfully

BUFFY

Easy on the spiked eggnog?

Angel smiles indulgently and side hugs her.

Buffy and Angel, looking at the camera, happy

BUFFY & ANGEL

Merry Christmas, everyone!

FADE OUT:

THE END

 

 

Return to the Academy

Return to the Author's Page