Disclaimers ~ This is an original work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, places or events is purely coincidental. These characters belong to me, if they have a passing resemblance to you or share your name, it's purely coincidental. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author.

Bad language ~ A fair bit.

Disclaimers ~ This is an original work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, places or events is purely coincidental. These characters belong to me, if they have a passing resemblance to you or share your name, it's purely coincidental. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author.

Bad language ~ A fair bit.

Love/sex ~ Romance between men and women and between women. Sex between consenting couples.

Sickness & death ~ There are some deaths in this story. If that's not for you, I hope you enjoy reading something else.

Author's note ~ Questions, comments & thoughts all welcome. Loves_to_write_fic@yahoo.co.uk

© June, 2006 Cam Taylor

 

Judge

" The time is coming for her to find out who I am," Judgement said, more to himself than to Franklin. "It's almost time for her to find out why she has been judged!"

Franklin licked his greasy fingers. "Are you going to tell me, Judge? Don't I deserve to know?"

Judgement ignored him and continued talking to himself. "She ruined my life! Took away the one person who cared about me!" He whirled around, suddenly in a rage. "Do you know what my life was like after that?"

Franklin dropped his chicken leg back into the bucket that sat on his lap. Not knowing what to say, he tried to change the subject. "You did well with that female investigator the other night, Judge," he smiled nervously.

Judge focused on Franklin, his eyebrows knitted together. "She's still alive! I should have waited until Angel's Leap."

Angel's Leap was such a tight bend that if someone missed the turn, they ended up taking a thirty-foot drop into the sea below, but not before your body was shattered on the jagged rocks below. It was a terrible name for the popular suicide spot.

"Everything is slowly going wrong," Judge muttered. "They've got paint scrapings from my car, Laurie survived, Chris just never fucking stops!" He started pacing the warehouse floor.

"Maybe I should take her out as my next hit?" Franklin put in quietly.

Judge started laughing, quietly at first, gradually growing to a booming laugh that echoed off the warehouse walls. "You had a high-powered rifle, three targets and a scope! How many did you hit, Franklin?"

Franklin sensed Judge's bad mood rolling in. He ducked his head down, looking down at his bucket of greasy chicken. He gingerly poked at the drumstick he had earlier dropped. "At least they have no clue about us," he said quietly.

"Yes, there is that. Checking up on nearly every man in town is time consuming, but..." Judge could feel the rage inside him building. "I want Chris Branagon dead! I'm so fucking tired of her!"

"So what are we going to do, Judge?"

Judgement suddenly smiled. "We're going after the doctor. We'll just bring our plans forward and catch them unaware."

"But, Judge..."

Judgement sneered at Franklin. "What?"

"I... I thought you... you wanted to do the take-down during the day?" the little man said cautiously.

"I've changed my mind. I'm entitled to do so. The great and wonderful Christine Branagon, who is oh, so brilliant in their eyes, is on the night shift. If the good doctor goes AWOL on her shift, it won't reflect well on our fair hero." Smiling darkly, Judgement began planning for the abduction of Doctor Levens.

 

Continued...

 

Return to the Academy

Author's Page