Disclaimers ~ This is an original work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, places or events is purely coincidental. These characters belong to me, if they have a passing resemblance to you or share your name, it's purely coincidental. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author.

Bad language ~ A fair bit.

Disclaimers ~ This is an original work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, places or events is purely coincidental. These characters belong to me, if they have a passing resemblance to you or share your name, it's purely coincidental. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author.

Bad language ~ A fair bit.

Love/sex ~ Romance between men and women and between women. Sex between consenting couples.

Sickness & death ~ There are some deaths in this story. If that's not for you, I hope you enjoy reading something else.

Author's note ~ Sorry for a lack of updating, been caught up watching the World Cup. This series takes place in the fictional town of Honeyport in the South of England. Questions, comments & thoughts all welcome. Loves_to_write_fic@yahoo.co.uk

© June, 2006 Cam Taylor

 

Judge

 

" You idiot!"

"I'm sorry." Franklin J. Howard was curled into a foetal ball, protecting himself from the blows raining down on him.

"We nearly got caught because you couldn't go without seeing her!"

"I'm sorry!" Franklin whimpered.

"What if that man saw you? What if he remembers you? They'll be going through snapshots now to see if they can find you!"

Franklin risked sticking his head up, his eyes wide behind his thick lenses. "Who... who was that man, Judge? Kate... Kate doesn't have a... boyfriend... does she?"

Judge growled deep in his throat. "He was one of the investigators she has hired to protect her. They are there to catch us, to ruin all our plans. And you!" he kicked the curled up man. "You nearly succeeded in getting us both caught!" Judge kicked the man again, just because he could. "I shouldn't have bothered coming after you. I should have left you to get caught!"

"I'm sorry, Judge! I'm sorry."

Judge let out a deep breath, a sudden calmness washing through him. He stepped back from the curled up man. "Did you see her? After all that fucking trouble, did you even see her?" Judge took another deep breath, reining in his temper. I have to keep my head. If I hurt him.... "Get up, Franklin."

"I'm sorry, Judge. I didn't mean to put us in danger."

"I know. But you understand now why it's too dangerous for us to go to her house every night?"

Franklin nodded mournfully. Uncurling, he stood up and slowly walked over to the small fridge they'd had installed and took out a Mars bar. "Why do you call yourself "Judge"?"

"I've told you before, Franklin."

"I know, but I forgot."

"I am Judgement. The... doctor," the man snarled, "has been judged and must now be punished."

Franklin licked one of his chubby fingers, caramel sticking to it. "What did she do?"

"That is not for you to know." Judge scowled as he watched the rotund man in disgust. "You were careful when you sent your gift and the note, weren't you, Franklin?"

"Yes, Judge. I did what you told me to and wore those latex gloves."

"Good. We wouldn't want them finding a print, would we?"

Franklin shrugged. "I'm not in their system," the little man replied sulkily.

"Maybe not here, but you are elsewhere."

Finished with his Mars bar, Franklin looked over at Judge, beady little eyes wary. "Th-they can... do that?"

"Yes, so you must be careful. At all times."

The little man nodded. "I'll be careful, Judge. I promise."

 

Continued...

Return to the Academy

Author's Page