Eternal Bonds

Warning:

This is one of the hottest couples there ever was!!!

Besides their constant battle of minds and strength, there is also a lot of emotions and feelings, and lots and lots of “SMOKIN’ HOT POTATOES PASSION”!

Some of the words you find in here might be very graphic, so if you are under 18 years old, or this kind of story is forbidden where you live, please do not read it.

Or move… ;)

Please send Feedback to: d.c.parker@web.de

Xena’s POV.: Forced again to make a decision to keep herself and her child safe, this time the Warrior Princess can’t as easily escape the emotions that have been haunting her for a long time now.

***

Another damn storm…great. Really great, and just what I needed to make my already hard day rotten as Tartarus.

Ever since I left Gabrielle and Joxer in the last village to get him checked out again by a healer, just to be sure of course, things were kind of going downhill. We agreed to meet up in the forest not far from that city, because we all knew the Gods wouldn’t give up, were still hunting me and my child. And in a village like the one we passed, there were far more innocent victims at stake than in a deep, dark forest, where the chances at catching us were luckily held low as well.

Decision made, I set out to find a nice spot for camping, since I knew we all needed a little rest as long as those shiny bastards were trying to regroup and come up with a new plan to kill my baby. I turned a corner and ran into a band of thieves, of course, intend on collecting yet another ransom on my head surely set up by one of the priests of nearby temples. I am pretty used to fighting with Eve on my back by now, but its harder, more stressful, and having her there I am not as at ease with skilled moves as I used to be. I am always and constantly aware that a wrong move could hurt her, so I have to cut down to basic fighting to defend us, and that…can take forever with a band of 15 stinking scumbags.

That done, I could already smell rain in the air, and I tried to hurry into the safety of the forest, when at a shortcut I had made out to use a sudden lightning slashed into a big old oak tree next to the road, bringing it down on us, and hadn’t it been for my senses to alert me in time, it might as well have killed us. That way, it only scraped over the left side of my body as I was about to jump out of the way, but it slashed me open pretty good on my left leg, the bleeding still not really stopped, the dirt in the wound burning, adding to the aggravation I have been feeling for days now.

Days…weeks, to be more accurate. I can’t even remember when the last night was that I slept soundly, the constant danger and worry keeping me restless and moving, sitting by the fire throughout the whole night, rather giving Gabrielle the rest, and my eyes searching the darkness around us for any possible threat. It wasn’t as bad at the beginning, but the more that stupid prophecy got into the picture, the less I was able to let go, even if just for a few hours. So I stopped sleeping, stopped resting, even didn’t stop to eat at times, the only thought in my head keeping the ones I love most safe.

Our last clash with those crazy priest from Apollo, Artemis and Poseidon hasn’t helped the issue, the moments where Eve could have been seriously hurt more than I want to admit, it came close, really close, and I felt like the more I tried to prevent it, the closer they got. It rubbed my last nerves raw, I know that, because I started snapping, and being annoyed at the strangest moments, and for one tiny, short blink of an eye, I caught myself wishing that…

Thunder booms right above my head and brings me out of my musing, and I press my body more into the bark of the tree I am leaning against, trying desperately to find some shelter, at least for my daughter, from the freezing rain and hail that has been pelting us for over two candlemarks now. Eve is crying because she is scared, and I try to calm her, rocking her gently as much as the small space underneath the thick leaved branches allow me, but it’s just not helping, nothing is helping and I feel lost and alone and angry... so angry right now.

“Please Eve…just for a minute, be quiet, huh?” I plead her, I often do these days, but without much success. I know she is tired as well, even if she sleeps a lot more than I do, but she senses my restlessness, and it affects her of course. I grit my teeth as I look around, trying to make out a safer spot in the semi darkness of brooding storm and silently creeping in nightfall surrounding us.

“I will find a way…I promise baby, I will, ok? Just one more minute…”

My leg hurts, my head hurts, everything hurts right now, and I am angry, angry at Gabrielle for staying in that village with Joxer, even if it was my idea, angry at Eve for her wailing, even if it is because she feel my stress, angry at myself for being helpless right now.

And of course, now those pictures drop in again, those stupid, Tartarus be damned dreams Ares send, of him, and me, and us. Promising me to keep us safe, to be there for us, if only I give him his own child…pictures that just won’t stop haunting me, no matter how often I try to talk some sense into myself. I try to tell myself that he is just trying to manipulate me, I know that he is just trying to find a way to save himself from the dooming Twilight of the Olympians, every damn logic nerve left in my tired mind is yelling at me to stop even thinking his cursed name!

But my heart…my soul…they are calling his soft, smooth voice back to the surface, the memory of what he said, how he sounded, anything but wicked. How his eyes bore into mine, for the very first time not filled with his usual arrogant gleam, but with tenderness, and need, and something I have never seen in them before…something I don’t even dare try to name right now.

I growl at myself, shaking my head repeatedly, trying to get myself out of that sudden haze I seem to fall into every time those dreams come back to haunt me, pulling my attention back to the problem at hand. I take a deep breath, reaching over my shoulder with one of my hands to make sure Eves is still covered with the little cape I made her, and then I leave my small save spot under the tree, hurrying through the thick underbrush, my eyes hunting for a cave, or a big enough column of trees, anything that might be able to keep us save and dry at least throughout the night.

My feet slip over wet stone, my leg hurts, and every step I take further tires me, and still, I am alert enough to allow my senses to pick up on something that hasn’t been there before. I stop, in the middle of a puddle of mud, my hand already reaching for my sword, my keen hearing shifting through our surroundings to catch any ever so small sound that might be out of place. But there is nothing, just a prickling feeling of familiarity I know well, mixed with the scent of old, wet wood, and moss, and the faintest hint of leather that instantly sends a shiver down my spine.

I turn around and almost collide with the small, wooden hut that has appeared neatly placed between two trees out of nowhere. It’s not big, it’s nothing much at all, but it looks solid, and surely is dry inside, and the tiredness inside me now clawing itself to the surface of my consciousness is just too much to bear for me to resist. I know its Ares again, the feeling of him nearby is almost overwhelming right now, and this probably will get me into more trouble than I might be able to handle with him and his little schemes, but I am just too far gone right now to care. A lightning slashing into another tree next to us is the last bit of motivation I need, and I rush up the two small stairs, open the door, and hurry inside.

The first thing I notice as the door slams shut behind me is the sudden silence. Gone is the sound of booming thunder, of hail, of lashing wind, there is nothing left except the sound of a gently crackling fire and Eves little hiccups she makes as her crying finally stops and she slowly calms down. The room is small, barely big enough to maybe fit three or four people, but it really is dry, and warm, and, that much I am sure of right now, it will keep us save for tonight. I move carefully forward, the wooden walls gently lit by the fire in the little stove opposite of the door, and a relieved sigh escapes my lips as I detect the small pot hanging over it, a tasty smelling soup already gently bubbling inside.

I loosen the clasp that holds Eves crate on my back and shift her around so she is sitting on my hip now, my arms cradling her, and I show her a smile, silently relieved that she obviously is as pleased with my choice of overnight hideout as I am.

“What do you say cutie, huh? You like it?”

She makes a little gargling noise, and gives a sweet little sigh, and I am short of a happy yell as her eyes are already on the way of closing themselves. I bite my lip, and then move towards the small door next to the fireplace that obviously leads to another room, not really surprised to find my leg wound gone as I move as well. I open the door, and am faced with a comfortable looking little bed, barely big enough to fit me, but it’s more than I got during the last month, so I am willingly to cope. I walk over to it, and put Eve down, taking my time with getting her out of her little travel sack, and get out the thick little blankets stored inside it. I sign to her as I feed her, rocking her gently, and all the while I am aware of his presence, not demanding or looming, it’s just there, quietly, patiently flowing around me. I am sure he will show himself eventually, but for now, he seems to be content with just watching, and I am content to let it be what it is.

Half a candle mark passes until I have finally put Eve to rest, all safely curled up in her blankets and the big one lying on the bed, and I give her one last kiss on her warm cheek as her eyes already are closed, and she is well on her way to sleep.

I straighten up, and suddenly the memory of my dream is almost intimidating as his presence materializes himself, and he is standing behind me again. But this time, I am too wary to react, so I don’t punch him like I did in that dreamscape, instead I sigh, watching Eve drift off.

“Yeees?” He husks a laugh against the back of my neck that sends gentle shivers down my spine.

“That’s way better than getting hit, let me tell you.” I shrug.

“You just got lucky I am too tired to care.”

It’s an honest admission I didn’t intend, and I am sure he is as surprised as I am.

“A little dangerous approach, don’t you think my dear?”

I don’t know an answer to that, so I don’t say anything, silently berating myself for allowing my mask to slip so easily in front of him. But that was always my problem, every time he came to me, I had to watch it, for no matter how dangerous he might be, he also was so hard to resist. And I know he knows that, too.

“I don’t think so, in here at least. You surely took care of that when you did hocus pocus up that little hideout for me, right?” He snorts, both at the use of terms and at the statement I am sure.

“You think so? I am the bastard that only wants your body for a child and murdering the rest of the world in my benefit, remember?” I turn around then, meeting his sensual, deep brown gaze with a seductive smile.

“You are. But getting blown into little pieces by your family because you are helping me here wouldn’t get you anywhere with that, now would it?”

His turn to fall silent for a moment, for I caught him good, and I am relieved I obviously am right. So we are safe here, and Eve now fast asleep, I can do something I haven’t been able to do for a long time. I might try to find some rest.

“My thoughts exactly, oh warrior of mine.” he starts speaking again, a suddenly serious undertone in his otherwise challenging voice.

“I do have to say you look a little…” A pause, and I raise an expressive eyebrow, daring him to say something that might get him a punch in the face still.

“Tired?” he suggests, and winks at me with a smug grin.

I shake my head slowly, then pass by him, walking back into the front room and closing the door behind me. I know he will follow me, and I don’t have to wait long, for a blue flash of light brings him onto a chair that stands there now, next to a big, sturdy wooden table that hasn’t been there before as well, all filled up with the most delicious things to eat.

“Hungry?” he asks, and I can only nod, leaning against the table with my hip, back turned to the fireplace, feeling even more tired now than I have before.

We both fall silent while I eat a little of the roasted venison from a platter, and some fresh fruit, the whole time aware of his eyes on me. I remember how much it used to excite me, once, to have him watch me do things, knowing I had his undivided attention, and reveling in it. Even after I left his army and his fold behind, it stayed like that, that knowledge that he was still there, watching, waiting…

Again the pictures of my dreams flood my senses, and I close my eyes for a second, not prepared for the wave of sudden emotions they bring with them. His tender caress, mixed with barely held back passion, his kisses, soft like velvet, yet burning with the passion he holds for me and only for me. It left me breathless in my dream, and it does now, for somewhere inside me I can’t help but believe that, no matter his basic intentions, he might actually mean what he said.

“I do.”

The sensual growling of his voice fills my senses, an onslaught of feelings I have no way of defending myself against in the state I am in right now. The only thing I have strength left for to do is bite my lip, and give a shaking sob, and then raise my hands in front of my face so my worst enemy, my mentor, the God of War won’t see his once invincible Chosen cry.

It’s too much. All of a sudden it is too much, and the weight on my shoulders is too much to bear as my legs begin to shake, afraid they might stop supporting me at any moment. I feel myself swaying and reach out instinctively for something to hold onto, surprised as it is his solid presence I find, right there next to me, his arms coming around my hips, catching my fall, in every sense of the word. I don’t even dare look up at his face, so I just hide my own against his shoulder, for one, precious moment, allowing the world around me to fade out.

Some time passes until I can catch my breath again. Until I finally find the strength to stop shaking, and stand up straight, and raise my head to meet his gaze. I expect a lot of things now, him laughing, mocking me, challenging me for being so weak, but none of that happens. Instead he raises one of his hands, putting it on my cheek, and gently, ever so gently, his thumb brushes away one last, single tear.

It shocks me to the core, and brings to life a need for him and his touch I haven’t felt in years. With a strangled cry I reach for him, my hands winding themselves around his neck, pulling him to me and into a kiss that leaves us both panting heavily as we part again. He stares at me, mouth open, and I only allow him a surprised moan before I pull him down towards my hungry mouth again, my tongue demanding entrance, sucking and teasing and claiming what I have longed for longer than I want to think about.

Ares overcomes his initial surprise quickly and now matches my pace, lifting me up and turning us, so he can sit me down on the table he must have already cleaned with a mere thought of his. His movements are close to frantic as he fumbles with the clasps that hold my cloak close, and I husk a laugh against his lips, my hands coming to lay on his, slowing him down.

His eyes are daring as I push him away just slightly, then erupt into flames of desire as I slowly undress myself, baring my chest for him. I enjoy the restless movement of facial muscles as he watches me raise my hands to open the clasp in my hair, a second later slightly shaking my head to allow it to fall freely down my shoulders, and I know the flickering firelight is only adding to the sensual affect it has on him. Then I put the hairclip aside, and lean slightly back, supporting myself on my hands as I continue to hold his gaze, my own turning inviting, seducing, calling up a need that surely matches the one I have for him right now.

“You are breathtaking.” he groans, and then is on me, slower now, his touch steady, and I know that my little show has assured him I actually want this to happen between us, just like I thought it would.

His lips are on mine again, then move over my face, down my throat, then he comes up again, lust replaced by that serious look again.

“Xena, about what I said…I…” I quickly put a finger on his lips, silencing him.

“Not tonight Ares, please…let it just be what it is…please.” I hear the desperation in my own voice, and am relieved as he nods once, curtly.

“Don’t worry, my love. You are safe here…”

The sentiment brings up another unexpected flood of emotions, but this time, I am not allowed to dwell on them, for he sheds his vest, and I gasp at how seducing the firelight plays over his bronzed, muscled upper body. It has been such a long time for me to see him like this, I almost forgot how gorgeous he is, how much of a man, how handsome and strong and oh so alluring. It comes back to me now with a vengeance, and I lean forward, reaching for him, not even caring that he obviously wished away the rest of my clothing this very second and I am completely naked. I pull him against me, moaning his name as our skin melts, and kiss him as if my life depends on it.

Maybe it does. Maybe everything happening has him as its source. But right now, I couldn’t care less. I want him, need him, desperately, to hold me, touch me, and make me forget all the danger and pain that lies behind the closed door of this hut. And he does, his hands are relentless, one caressing my breasts while his teeth sink into my throat again, the other stroking lower and between my legs, waking a flood of desire I only ever have held for him, and I shiver as I can feel it coat the inside of my thighs. He moans as his fingers run through it, and even though I am in his hands now, I can taste the victory on my tongue for now, again, he is mine and mine alone to do with as I please.

“Ares…I need…ungh…please…”

I have never been ashamed of that kind of begging, knowing it only heightens his pleasure and desire for me, and I throw my head back, gasping for air as his cock suddenly fills me, deep and sure. Ares’ hands come around to grasp my hips and lower back, pulling me against his need, and I can’t stop moaning as I feel him pulsating inside me, and his lips on my body, his tongue ever so often flicking over a nipple, the running up and over my throat again.

It feels like he is lavishing up the sweetest ambrosia from my skin, and I hold on to his shoulders for support now as he pushes even deeper, leaving no doubt that in this moment, this one, timeless moment, I am his and his alone just as well.

“Xena…Xena…” He moans my name over and over again, and it only heightens my pleasure, for I never, not even in the worst of times, grow tired of hearing it from him. His hands clench on my skin, pull me harder against him still, and I have to bite back a scream as I feel myself falling over the edge, coming in waves after waves of burning desire, bucking against him, giving him all I have to give.

“Ares…oh gods…oh fuck me!” I gasp, and he is only too happy to comply, picking up movement, making me close my eyes and throw my head back again as a second wave hits me, even stronger than the last one. My fingers claw at his skin as if in fever, and I know I am scratching him, marking him, as well as I know that this is just what he wants, for he groans my name, pulling me roughly against him completely now, and with one final trust follows me in release…

A tiny hiccup calls me out of a deep sleep, and I groggily open my eyes, surprised to find bright sunlight pouring inside the small window of the bedroom. I shake my head to clear it of the fog of sleep. The last thing I clearly remember after a night full of passion is being lifted into strong arms, and cradled gently, and then only moments later the soft feel of the mattress underneath my naked body. A voice sounded from far away, and I still feel the tingling of a kiss left on my lips, and then I obviously must have slept for several hours. I bite back a yawn, then raise myself, pulling the soft white sheet I am covered with up around my naked body, and look to the left. My baby is there, laying in a small cradle that he surely made up for her after carrying me to bed last night, clutching a stuffed little doll that surprisingly looks like a close resemblance of the War God himself, drooling all over it as she tries to put it into her mouth.

“Hey Eve…you sleep ok?” I ask, smiling down at her, and she makes a little sound again, then busies herself with her new toy, satisfied with that for now. I watch her, my mind bringing back last night, and even though I try not to think about it too much, I can’t help but notice how much lighter, how much more vital I feel today. I reach into my dark locks to bring some order into them, and by that movement chance a look at the foot of the bed.

A single red rose is laying there, its petals twinkling with droplets of dew in the morning sun. It’s meaning echoing loud in my heart. For a second, I allow myself to think of the one thing he said, that I never dared letting close to me. The one thing that would change everything between us.

I think about it now, and about what it makes me feel.

I look at his gift.

And I can’t help but wonder…

Bard's Page

Back to the Academy