Disclaimers: See part 1

I'd like to thank Bookie and Mary for showing me the error of my grammatical ways. I humbly thank them. September 15, 2000



The Honeymoon

Part 3

By

Lena



After cleaning the breakfast dishes, Sandra helped Josie into the Jacuzzi and relaxed into the warm bubbles as she held the too warm body to her own. Soapy hands ran over soft skin, eliciting little moans of pleasure, while thoroughly bathing her weakened partner.

"Mmmm, I got an idea." Josie purred. "Let's spend the rest of the day in here. It'ssssss.....restful." She rubbed her soft lips up her lover's long neck.

"Uh...huh. So you think sliding our slippery wet bodies over each other would be conducive to rest? Sounds more like foreplay to me. And, you, my love, are in no shape to participate."

"Party pooper!" Josie sighed, as she let her head rest upon her lover's breasts.

"Besides, prunes have never been my favorite fruit." Sandra smirked as she held up her lover's wrinkled fingers.

Josie looked into smiling blue eyes in mock indignation. "Who are you calling a fruit!?!"

"If it wears army boots, a tool belt, and knows Gabrielle and Xena are soul-mates....."

"Hey! I don't wear a tool belt. I'm femme!" Josie exclaimed.

"I rest my case." Sandra snorted as she pushed her lover's wet head back down upon her chest and rubbed her back.

The lovers stayed like that, in companionable silence, until Sandra felt Josie's breathing even out in slumber. She watched her sleep, studying each plane and angle, each soft round curve of her womanhood, and was awed at her love and desire for this woman, who had changed her life so completely for the better. This woman who had taught her to let go of the past and live, treasuring each precious moment God gave her. And she intended to do just that, treasure each moment of their lives together. Sandra smiled and kissed Josie's hand, awakening her.

"I, uh, fell asleep." Josie said, groggily.

"I know."

"It wasn't the company. Honest."

"I know that too." Sandra kissed the small hand again. "I have an idea. Why don't I call the fly fishing instructor to see if he can give me some pointers today, while you take it easy."

Josie looked up. "But, I want to be with you." She whined.

"OK. How's about I pull those two Adirondack chairs off the front porch and down to the water? You can doze or read while I get my lesson. But, first, you take two Tylenol and your B12 shot. Deal?"

"Deal." Josie kissed the breast, whose support she'd been enjoying, then let her partner help her out of the tub.

Sandra went to make her call as Josie got dressed in jeans and a flannel shirt, which she left open to tease a certain Cajun. The randy little blonde posed seductively for her dark haired lover.

"No bra today?" Sandra asked.

"It's my honeymoon and I refuse to wear one of those instruments of torture. Let's ban the bra!" Josie held up her fist in a sign of protest. Then smiled impishly into twinkling blue eyes.

Sandra let out a deep sigh shaking her dark head. "Just don't flash the instructor. You could give the old geezer heart failure and I'll never get my technique down."

Josie sauntered up, batting long eyelashes and rubbing her bare breasts against Sandra's clothed chest. "Personally, I am verrrry satisfied with your technique, my love."

Sandra grinned, shyly. "Why, thank you ma'am. I aim to please."

"And please me you do." Josie wrapped her arms around Sandra's neck and pulled her down for a deep, passionate kiss.

Sandra groaned into her lover's warm, sweet mouth. Her ardor rising, she gently cupped Josie's breast, running her palm over a pliant nipple, sending shivers down both of their spines. The heat radiating off of her partner's skin brought her back to her senses. "We can't do this, boss. You need to rest. I need you to rest, so that we can do this when you're feeling better."

"I feel better." Josie stated as she brushed Sandra's alert nipples through her clothing with the backs of her slightly trembling fingers. "And you feel interested."

"God..... You know I'm interested." Sandra panted, as she removed her lover's questing hands from her breasts. "Please, Josie. Rest today, make love tomorrow. That's if your fever's gone. So behave." Sandra buttoned Josie's shirt, resting her forehead against her partner's.

A dark head jerked up at the sound of a vehicle outside. "That must be Mr. Ferguson. I'll go invite him in for some coffee and then we'll get started. Why don't you go put on a bra."

"Nope. I am not wearing a binder." Josie stated, then looked down at her flannel covered chest. "Besides, you can't see anything through this material."

Sandra just shook her head as she opened the cabin door to greet one of the handsomest men she'd ever had the pleasure of laying her two eyes upon. She stood, mouth agape, in amazement.

The gentlemen held out his hand in greeting. "Hi, I'm Charlie Ferguson. You must be Mrs. Broussard." The tall, ruggedly handsome, middle aged man said.

"Uh..... Yeah, yeah..... Call me Sandra and this is my partner, Josie."

He reached passed Sandra to shake Josie's hand. "Charlie Ferguson. Pleased to meet you."

Josie shook the large, callused hand. "Come in Charlie. Would you like a cup of coffee? There's a fresh pot on the stove." She offered.

"Yeah. That would be great. Thanks." He smiled brightly, showing a full set of perfect white teeth.

"Good." Josie watched as he slipped passed her to the dinette, and pulled a chair out for Sandra to sit in. His tanned, well-muscled, forearms stuck out from the rolled cuffs of his red-plaid flannel shirt. Though it was peppered heavily with silver, his hair was thick and neatly trimmed.

Josie observed the two of them through sidelong glances as she poured the coffee and set three cups full on the table.

Sandra spoke up. "So, Charlie, how does one get to be a fly fishing instructor at the most beautiful spot on the planet?"

"Thanks. It is beautiful, isn't it. My wife was from Manitou and introduced me to this area some twenty-five years ago. We spent every vacation here and finally decided to move up permanently when we got the opportunity to buy these cabins and the acreage along the stream bed. It took just about all of our retirement fund to do it, but it's been worth it. I have a small medical practice, mostly house calls on our retirees, and I give fly fishing lessons in the summers and ski lessons in the winters. It keeps me busy and pays for the maintenance on the cabins and my jaunts over to Denver to visit our boy."

"You mean, you own the lodge!?!" Sandra exclaimed, in wide-eyed wonder.

Charlie chuckled. "Yes. Guilty as charged. You were expecting some gruff, old mountain man type?"

Sandra flushed with embarrassment. "No, no, of course not..... Well, yeah, I guess I was expecting a much older man."

Josie's eyes narrowed at the obvious rapport between her wife and this interloper on her honeymoon. "So, Mr. Ferguson, what does your wife do while you're..... instructing?"

Sandra noticed the unfamiliar tone in Josie's voice and wondered where it came from.

"Please, call me Charlie." The older gentlemen tried his best to win over the snippy little woman.

"Alright...., Charlie." Josie gave him a fake smile.

"I lost my wife two years ago this past Friday. We would have been married thirty years." His eyes softened with the memories.

Josie felt like a heel. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know." She wrapped her small hand around Sandra's. "May I ask what happened?" The petite woman asked.

His deep blue eyes filled with pain and sorrow. "My wife had juvenile diabetes. She got an infection her body couldn't handle and she went into kidney failure. We tried dialysis and the whole nine yards..... It was rough..... I miss her terribly," the big man sighed, "but I still have my son and daughter-in-law. Hopefully, they'll get off their duffs and give me a grandchild to spoil soon." A toothy grin brightened his rugged features.

Sandra set her coffee cup down and excused herself as she retreated to the bathroom, not making eye contact with either of her companions.

"Is Sandra alright?" Charlie asked, with real concern.

"I'm afraid you hit a sensitive spot. You see, I'm diabetic too and have CFS. She worries about me. I recently did something kinda stupid and it upset her. If you'll excuse me, I'll go talk with her. Why don't you take a fresh cup and wait for us out by the water. We'll be there shortly." Josie entreated, apologetically.

"Sure, no problem. I'll be waiting." Charlie refreshed his coffee and headed out the door as Josie took a deep breath and went in search of her distraught lover.

***

"Hey, sweetheart." Josie opened the bathroom door to see Sandra throwing water on her face, then quickly covering her blood shot eyes with a fluffy towel. "You alright in here?"

"Sure." Sandra nodded and looked down at the sink as she refolded the towel, avoiding inquiring green eyes.

"Charlie's story got to you, didn't it?" Josie walked up to Sandra and placed her hand on her back.

"I'm sorry. That was rude of me to just leave like that. We shouldn't leave him all alone." Sandra looked up toward the bathroom door.

"It's OK. He's waiting down by the stream..... I told him about me. He understands your reaction. Sweetheart, why don't we beg off for today? We both could use some more sleep." Josie rubbed her partner's back in a comforting gesture as she tried to make eye contact.

"No. I'm much better now." Sandra smiled into the mirror as she gazed into her lover's eyes. "Let's not keep Mr. Ferguson waiting."

"Ok. If you're sure. I'll go get the laptop. There's a few stories I have on floppy I've been wanting to read." Josie said as she kissed her friend's hand and gave it an affectionate squeeze.

"Meet you outside then."



***



"Well, there you are. You ready to do some fishing?" Charlie asked, cheerfully, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yep."

"First, let's take a look at your tackle."

Sandra handed him her fly rod.

"Looks good. That's a nice fly you have on there. You make that yourself?"

Sandra blushed. "No. I bought that from an old fisherman down home. He makes these guys as a hobby."

"Well, he sure knows what he's doing. Fine craftsmanship. Now, let's take a look at your technique. Slip those hip boots on and we'll wade out a ways and see what ya got."

Sandra hurried into her rubber hip boots and followed her instructor into the frigid waters.

"Ok, let's see that technique. Let out your line and work that pretty little fly." Charlie observed as his pupil whipped the line over her head into a loop and cast it out over the water, allowing it to gently kiss the surface.

"You're putting too much shoulder into it. You'll wear yourself out that way; let your rod work for you. Feel the motion of your line through the rod. Let me show you." Charlie walked behind Sandra, covering her hand with his much larger one and proceeded to gently guide her fly gracefully though the air.

***

Josie sat on one Adirondack chair with her feet elevated upon the other, her laptop perched comfortably on her thighs, watching her lover and enjoying the clean, crisp air. She observed Charlie wrap himself around Sandra, guiding her rod, producing graceful, tight, casting loops overhead and at a 45 degree angle to the side, as she hung upon his every word.

"OK. Let me see you do it." Charlie instructed.

Sandra did as instructed and felt the line just as he said. She grinned from ear to ear as Charlie beamed with pride at her successful execution. "Excellent! Sheer poetry in motion. You're a natural." Charlie praised his pupil. "Now, let's reel her in. I want to teach you some knots for tying your leader and securing your fly. I want you to be able to do them in your sleep. There's nothing more embarrassing than losing a prize trout to a poorly made knot." Charlie took his pupil's elbow to assist her over the slippery rock bottom of the swiftly moving stream. "And I'm going to bring you my wife's chest high waders. You're gonna get soaked in those thigh highs. What size shoe do you wear?"

Sandra was embarrassed by his generosity and blushed furiously as she looked anywhere but at her instructor.

Charlie saw the deer in the headlights look on his pupil's beautiful face and assessed the problem. "It's alright; really, it is. She loved fly fishing and would want her equipment to do what it was meant for. Now, I'm afraid Marie had a big foot for a woman. She wore a 9 and a half wide shoe, so we may have to stuff the toes with socks for them to fit you..... Won't you let me loan you the wader's? I'd feel much better knowing you were warm and dry." Charlie gave her his personal rendition of a puppy dog look and the tall beauty gave in with glee.

"Thanks, Charlie. That is awfully kind of you....." Sandra looked down at her rubber booted legs. "I wear an 8 and a half narrow. But, I've got socks mamou." She beamed.

"What is a mamou?" Charlie chuckled at the funny sounding word.

Sandra blushed again. "Oh, it's just a term we use down home. It's means there's a lot of something, or more than needed. I've never really thought about it before. It's a colloquialism."

"Ah, I see. I'm going to have to get use to not only the cadence of your speech, but some new words too..... I can do that." He grinned and helped Sandra out of her bulky waders, then retrieved his tackle box and began demonstrating the proper technique of making loop knots.

Josie continued to watch their interaction from the sidelines, wincing at her own feelings of jealousy at Sandra's easy rapport with the handsome, robust widower. She collected her laptop and returned to the cabin.

***

Sandra bid her instructor a fond farewell, after making plans to meet the next day for another lesson before setting out on her own.

'Boy! Do I need a bath.' Sandra grimaced, as she peeled off her sweaty clothes and, quietly crept by the bed where her partner was sleeping, fitfully. 'I wonder what's got her so restless?' Concerned, she reached over to feel her lover's forehead, but found it to be cool and dry, to her great relief.

After a quick bath, Sandy crawled under the covers, spooning behind her lover, feeling her relax at her familiar touch. Breathing deeply of Josie's spicy, fresh scent, she let a feeling of well being fill her as she drifted off to sleep.

***

Sandra awoke to the tingling of her sex and a persistent warmth in her belly. She opened her eyes to see a curly blonde head hovering over her left breast as a warm tongue lathed her nipple and gently demanding fingers pinched the short shaft of her clitoris, gyrating it back and forth, sending waves of liquid fire through her sex. "Oh God....., Josie." She groaned as her senses fought to comprehend what they were reacting to.

Josie raised her head to look deep into dilated, blue eyes. "You're mine." She growled, continuing the maddening attention to her lover's clitoris. "Say it. Say you belong to me."

Sandra was so aroused, she'd have said anything the woman who was giving her so much pleasure demanded. "I..... Oh, God!..... I belong to you..... I'm... your's..... Please, don't stop!"

Josie raised herself upon her right elbow and grasped her partner's breast in her hand, lifting it to her waiting lips, never taking her eyes off of Sandra's face, which was delirious with pleasure. She took the taut nipple into her hot mouth, suckling deeply. Josie knew her lover was nearing her release. She quickly slid down between splayed legs. Petting Sandra's mons possessively, she purred "Mine" before separating the slick folds and plunging three fingers into her throbbing sex as her other hand resumed its ministrations upon her clitoral shaft. Sandra's hips bucked to meet each thrust. Her normally tender lover used her shoulder to pound deep into her lover's body as her fingers painfully pinched her engorged clitoris. "You're mine!" Josie demanded as Sandra screamed out her orgasm; the strength of her contractions forced Josie's fingers out of her vagina.

Josie observed her partner as she trembled with the aftershocks of her orgasm, her left arm covering her eyes as tears slowly escaped. Seeing her sweet lover's tears, all of Josie's arousal left her and she realized what she had done. "Sandy, sweetheart, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to get so rough with you. Are you alright? Did I hurt you?" Josie pet her lover's belly in a comforting motion, but Sandra just rolled over into a fetal position, unable to look at the woman who'd shown a side to her personality that frightened and confused her. "How do you feel? Can I get you anything, an ice pack might make it feel better." Josie entreated.

"How do I feel?" Sandra retorted, still facing away from her partner. "I feel like I'm your bitch and you just marked your territory. I'm your's? You own me? What's that all about, Josie?" Sandra couldn't contain the tears of anger and hurt that cascaded down her beautiful face.

"I'm sorry..... I don't know what came over me." Josie placed her hand upon Sandra's hip. "I love you, Sandy. You're my life. You're my reason for being, baby..... When I saw you having so much fun with Charlie Ferguson I felt..... jealous. I don't know that I've ever felt jealousy before, at least not like that. Then, I saw him put his arms around you and you moved so gracefully together, like you were meant to be..... I wanted to tear his heart out! God, Sandy, I had to come inside or I was going to do something to embarrass all of us - like sock him in the eye." Josie's tears were rolling down her cheeks as she sat on the side of the bed, facing away from her partner. The little blonde wrapped her arms around her own waist and rocked back and forth, seeking comfort. "The awful part is I couldn't blame you for choosing him. He's good looking, successful, healthy and available. What's not to like!?! He's even a socially acceptable male. He can give you all the things I can't, like .....children." Josie sobbed through the lump in her throat. Long arms wrap around her waist as long legs encircled her hips.

"I would never have taken you for a fool, my love, but that you are. You are a fool to think anyone could take me away from you. You are a fool for not trusting me and my love for you." Sandra kissed her wife's curly head. "I take my marriage vows very seriously. You're a fool if you think I won't hold you to them. I'm going to call Charlie and cancel my lesson for tomorrow." Sandra sucked air into her lungs through gritted teeth as sliding from the bed brought the soreness of her southerly region to her attention.

Josie took her elbow and helped her to sit back down upon the soft bed. "Oh, Sandy, I'm so sorry. I hurt you. Please, don't cancel your lesson. This is my problem and I'll deal with it. I think Charlie is a very nice man...., really." Josie kissed her wife's forehead. "You lay back and I'll go make up an ice pack for you."

"But what about dinner? You have to eat." Sandra's stomach growled. "Make that WE have to eat." She chuckled.

"No problem." Josie yelled from the kitchen. "There was a gourmet pizza place in Manitou. I'll just order us a pizza and go pick it up."

Josie handed the ice pack to her wife as she helped her get situated. "Are you sure you can drive, boss?"

"Yep. I feel much better and it's only twenty minutes away. I'll call information and get the number, then I'm off." Josie leaned forward and gave Sandra a chaste kiss. "I love you, Sandy."

"I know. I love you too. Be careful and take the cell phone with you."

"I promise. I'll be back in less than an hour."

***

The newlyweds sat facing each other in front of a roaring fire, enjoying mint/chocolate fudge ice cream that Josie had bought at the ice cream parlor in town. "The pizza was OK, but next time I think I'll go straight for the dessert," Sandra grinned as she licked the last remnants from her spoon.

"Glad you enjoyed it," Josie said, as she gathered their plates and headed to the kitchen.

Sandra leaned against the wall as she watched her wife wash their dishes. She grabbed a towel to dry and put them away. "I'll put the coffee on," Sandra offered. "Would you like to take a little stroll in the moonlight?"

Josie quietly nodded. "I'd like that very much. I'll get our sweaters."

***

The newlyweds walked side by side in silence, one's heart filled with guilt and the other filled with concern for her suffering mate. "Penny for your thoughts," Sandra proffered.

"Believe me. They're not worth a penny," Josie sighed, her head hanging in despair.

"I think we need to talk about it, boss. I hate to see you punishing yourself like this." Sandra reached out her hand and gently grasped the smaller woman's shoulder.

Josie looked up at her partner, her face scrunched up as she burst into tears, and long arms embraced her. "I've never behaved like that before, not in my entire life..... I was so rough.....and I hurt you. What you said....., you were right. I was marking my territory. I'm so ashamed, Sandy. All that I want is to love you and make you happy..... I never want to hurt you."

Sandra ran her long fingers through Josie's hair. "Sh.....sh....., I know. I've been feeling a little guilty myself."

Josie looked up into sad blue eyes. "You? About what?"

"About you and Kathy, the ragin' Cajun." Sandra smirked.

"Ouch! You really resent her, don't you?" Josie stated as she wiped her tears away with her sleeve.

"Yes, I do. But I shouldn't. I know you love me and I trust you..... Because of my jealousy, you didn't ask her to the wedding. I think I know what that cost you; I had no right to ask that. You and she have been friends for many years and you love her....."

"Not like I love you." Josie quickly interjected.

"God! I hope not," Sandra chuckled. "Still, friendship is a very precious thing. I apologize for my behavior and I want you to call Kathy when we get home and make amends with her...... However, if she comes on to you, tell her I might be skinny, but I can still kick her red headed butt."

Josie smiled up at her partner, her chest filled with love and pride. She reached up and took Sandy's face in her small hands. "You, my love, are a very special woman. I'm so proud that you've chosen me to love and share your life with." She pulled Sandra into a gentle, loving kiss.

"And I promise to never let jealousy get me in its grip again. I do trust you, Sandy. It's just that sometimes I feel so inadequate, like there's nothing I have to offer you. You have to take care of me all the time. I can't give you children or the promise of the future. All I can give you is my love, respect and companionship."

"That's all I ask of you, Josie. I didn't walk into this marriage blind, deaf and stupid, you know. I had both eyes open and my heart filled with love. You are extraordinary, boss. You just don't know it. But, I intend to spend the rest of our lives together showing you how special you are."

Josie hugged Sandra tightly, her voice muffled by the taller woman's sweater. "I love you, Sandra Broussard, forever and always."

Sandra squeezed Josie back. "I have an idea. Why don't you take that fly fishing lesson with me tomorrow, if you're feeling up to it?"

"I'm feeling better. I would love to take you up on that if Charlie doesn't mind taking us both on."

"I don't think he'd mind. Anyway, this is our honeymoon and I want to spend it with you, not Charlie Ferguson." Sandra grinned into her lover's hair.

***

The newlyweds awoke early the next morning to the sound of rain and the smell of pine. The room was chilly, so Sandra quickly hopped out of bed, threw on her robe, fed some logs to the fireplace, and then throwing off her robe, dove back under the covers with her groggy partner.

"Is that rain?" Josie asked, as she pulled her lover's warm body to her and lay her head upon her soft breast.

"Yep. I hope it stops in time for our fly fishing lesson."

"We've hours yet. Go back to sleep." Josie grumbled. "God, it's cold in here."

"Here, let me warm you up." Sandra rubbed Josie's lower back with her right hand and her upper back with her left. "Better?"

"Mmhmm. Lower," Josie requested, mischievously.

Sandra grinned, fulfilling her lover's request and massaged her plump round buttocks, eliciting a moan.

"Like that?"

"Mmhmm." A small, pink tongue gently bathed Sandra's nipple, sending shivers down her spine, a breath catching in her throat.

"Why do you taste so good?" Josie asked.

"Cajun seasoning?" Sandy chuckled.

"Oh, wait a minute. I just remembered....." Josie exclaimed as she jumped out of bed and ran to retrieve a gift-wrapped package from her suitcase. "Beth told me not to open this until we were alone and ready for some hot monkey sex." The excited little blonde jumped up on the bed and sat facing her aroused lover. "You want to open it?" She proffered.

Sandra sat up too, and took the package from Josie's hands. "Sure. I wonder what it is. Beth didn't really say that, did she?"

"I swear, those were her exact words." Josie laughed, holding up her right hand in pledge.

Sandra ripped off the paper and threw it aside as she pried open the box. "Oh, mon Dieu!" Sandra exclaimed, breathlessly.

"What? What is it, sweetheart?" Josie grew concerned by the look of astonishment on her lover's beautiful face. "Let me see." Josie reached for the box and broke into roars of laughter at the site of a pink phallus and its leather harness. "Oh, my stars!!! She's flipped her gourd!!!!" Josie rolled back and forth holding her belly as tears of laughter streamed down her reddened face.



Sandra sat staring at her hands, which were resting in her lap, her face flushed with embarrassment.

Finally noticing that her lover was conspicuously quiet in the face of her abject glee, Josie composed herself. "Hey, Sandy?" Josie reached out to take her hand. "What's the matter, sweetheart? It was just a joke..... Beth wouldn't want to embarrass you."

Sandra looked warily at her wife. "I've never seen one of those before. It kinda threw me, that's all.....uh..... Have you ever used one of those?" Sandra asked, sheepishly, nodding her head toward the discarded box.

"Yes, actually, I have. It's fun, Sandy."

"With Kathy?" Sandra grumbled.

"Yes."

"How come I've never seen one of those in the house?"

"Because, I don't own one. Kathy brought her own" Josie stopped to take a deep breath. "Sweetheart, we don't have to use the toy if it frightens you. It's not important. Beth was just trying to be funny. She knew I'd get a kick out of it."

"You never mentioned your wanting to use a "toy" before. Why didn't you mention it?"

"It never occurred to me. Our sex life has always been wonderful. We have no need for toys. They are just for fun..... Look at me, Sandra. When we make love, we make love. It's not just sex, it's so much more....., a joining of our souls." Josie reached over and picked up the box and placed it in front of her lover. "These are play toys. They have nothing to do with how much I enjoy making love to you. We don't need toys. Believe me, I won't miss them."

Sandra's face broke into a shy grin. "It's really fun?"

"Yeah, It's really fun." Josie smiled, widely. "You want to try it?"



"I guess so. How do you use it and who uses it on whom?"

"Well, it fits....." Josie slipped off of the bed and got into the leather halter strapping the phallus in place. "like this."

Sandra stared at the long pink phallus sticking out from her lover's mons. "I.....uh.....haven't had a.....uh.....man in many years, Josie. I don't know....."

"It's alright, sweetheart. I won't enter you until you want me to. I won't hurt you...... Come here." Josie beckoned for Sandra to arise from their bed and she backed the taller woman against the wall. "Spread your legs for me." Sandra did as she was asked. Josie looked at her lover's sleek curves and inviting breasts and her heart began to beat faster in her chest. She cupped them, enjoying the feel of their weight in her hands. "You are so very beautiful. I never tire of looking at you, of touching you." Josie ran her hands over the skin below them with a touch as delicate as the wings of a butterfly. She enjoyed watching her lover's skin respond to her ministrations. The dark nipples became erect as the areolae wrinkled and tightened. She smiled as she leaned into the flesh, licking and tasting every inch of her lover's tempting breasts.

Sandra ran her long fingers through Josie hair, massaging her scalp, encouraging her to take more of the succulent flesh into her warm mouth. It was all the encouragement Josie needed. She suckled and gently chewed upon her lover's nipple. "Oh, God..... Josie.....yeah." Sandra purred into her ear as she reached her long arms down to cup her partners firm, round buttocks, pulling her into her groin. "Uh.....Oh, Lord!" Sandra exclaimed as she felt the phallus rub against her vulva.

Josie smiled at her lover's reaction and ran her tongue up her neck to claim her mouth in a deep, passionate kiss, tongues dueling for dominance in Sandra's warmth. Josie let her hands run down her lover's sides to her the swell of her buttocks, pulling in as she gently pumped the phallus against her sex.

Sandra pulled away from their kiss, starved for air and brain foggy with desire. "I need you..... now, Josie, but I gotta lay down."

Josie turned Sandra towards their bed. She sat her down then tipped her back, lifting her long legs, positioning one over each shoulder. Gazing into her eyes, she then carefully rubbed the phallus in her nectar until satisfied with its lubrication. Spreading her labia, Josie placed the tip just inside the mouth of Sandra's vagina and began to pump into her just a little and very gently. She used her thumb to manipulate her partner's clitoris, all of which elicited a deep, throaty groan.

"More.....please," Sandra panted. Josie was happy to oblige. She pushed the phallus in slowly to its hilt, watching her lover's face for any signs of pain or fear. When she was certain of her comfort, she began to pump again, savoring the feel of the leather rubbing against her sex and the look of unleashed desire upon Sandra's beautiful features.

They held each other's gaze, pupils dilated with their arousal. Sandra's attention was stolen away by the swaying of Josie's breasts, their dark pink nipples painfully tight. "You are beautiful, boss," Sandra moaned. "I need you..... harder..... God, that feels so good." Long elegant hands grasped the linens below them as her hips began to pump, meeting her partner's thrusts.

Josie felt her sex begin to throb as the warmth of her pending orgasm filled her belly. She covered her index and middle finger with her own spittle then rubbed them vigorously over Sandra's clitoris, determined to witness her lover's climax before she enjoyed her own. "Ah....., FUCK, JOSIE.....AH.....AH.....AH!!!" Sandra's hips buck as she ripped the linens from the bed on either side of her thrashing body, chest heaving in orgasmic bliss.

Josie's chest filled with pride at the pleasure she was giving her beloved. The moment was short lived as her own climax over took her and her hips lunged forward one last time as her muscles grew taut with wave after wave of ecstacy shooting through her loins and out to the rest of her being. She fell limp upon Sanda's sweat slicked body, sucking in great gulps of air, her vision gone dim, all senses centered upon the tingling in every fiber of her body.

Sandra wrapped her long arms, protectively, around her sated lover and kissed her sweat soaked head. "I love you, Josie, forever and always. I promise."

"Me too." Josie managed to respond, trying to catch her breath. She kissed the plump breast her head lay upon. "Love you."

The lovers stayed like that, curled in each other's arms for a long moment before Josie spoke again. "I need a bath. Care to join me?"

"Mmmmm. Sounds good to me." Sandra purred as she took her lover's head in her hands, leaned down and kissed her deeply. "I'm so incredibly happy, Josie. Thank you."

"The pleasure was all mine, sweetheart. Now as much as I hate to do it, I'm going to have to pull out of you. You ready?" Josie looked into the loving eyes of her partner and her heart sank as her wife grimaced. Sandra hated the empty feeling of her lover's withdrawal. "You OK?" Josie searched gentle blue eyes that had become moist with unshed tears.

"Yeah. I just didn't expect to feel this way. I'm Ok. Really. Let's get that harness off of you and get wet." Sandra grinned.

Sandra ran their bath as Josie washed their toy and put it back in it's box, "no pun intended". Long, well-muscled legs slipped into the water as Josie looked on, her lust making itself known again. Her lascivious grin vanished when she heard Sandra hiss and wince as her raw sex hit the warm, bubbling water. Josie came to kneel at the side of the tub. "You alright, sweetheart? Did I hurt you?"

"No, Josie, I'm alright, just still a little sore from yesterday. I think my southerly regions need a bit of a respite from all this attention." Sandra smiled into Josie's worried green eyes.

"I'm sorry. I...."

"Stop right there. I enjoyed our love making very much. I'm not complaining. I just need to give my sex a rest for a few hours...... Please don't be upset, boss. That was amazing." Sandra wrapped her hand behind Josie's neck and pulled her into a passionate kiss. "I'd love to do it again, say, tomorrow morning?"

"It would be my great pleasure, madam." Josie slipped into the tub and the lovers took turns bathing each other and washing each other's hair, their gentle ministrations causing their ardor to rise again.

"God, Josie, I want you so badly. Come here." Sandra turned Josie away from her and pulled her smaller lover between widespread legs, which she had bent at the knees. "I'm going to ravish you, my love, right here, right now." Sandra purred into a delicate ear before sucking the lobe into her warm mouth. Her left hand circled around to heft a soap slicked breast, while her right hand slid down through golden curls into Josie's sex, bringing forth a moan of arousal from both women. "You feel so good to me, boss. I never tire of touching you, feeling you, wanting you." Sandra's words and the sound of her deep, velvety voice were driving Josie's desire into overdrive as she slipped her arms back around Sandra's thighs, anchoring herself as she began to pump her pelvis. "Show me how to do what you were doing when you woke me up yesterday. That felt incredible." Josie quickly took Sandra's hand and instructed her to place a finger on either side of the shaft of her clitoris and squeeze it while pumping it back and forth and from side to side, being sure to stimulate the head from time to time. "Oh, Sandy! You're a quick study. That's.....oh, yeah.....FUCK ....." Josie's words turned into moans as her hips pumped of their own accord. Sandra squeezed her nipple as she whispered in her ear. "Come for me baby. That's it. Yeah. Let go for me, my love." Josie felt a fire burning in her belly as her orgasm shot through her loins and down her legs. Sandra fought mightily to keep a finger upon her lover's clit, prolonging her orgasm. Josie arched her back, frozen in time as the last of her orgasm passed through her, then she collapsed into Sandra's waiting arms. The dark haired beauty whispered words of love and endless devotion as she comforted her.

"Let's go back to bed and catch a little more sleep. OK?" Sandra suggested, aware of her wife's limited stores of energy.

Josie was nearly asleep already and let Sandra help her out of the tub and dry her off. The lovers slipped back under the covers and into each other's arms, sleeping peacefully until they heard a persistent knocking upon the cabin door.

"Shit! Josie, wake up! Mr. Ferguson's here. We overslept." Sandra slid out from under her lover and into her bath robe, while running to answer the door.

"Woops!" Josie exclaimed, quickly pulling on her clothes and heading to keep their instructor company so her wife could get dressed too.

***

Charlie helped Sandy into his wife's waders as Josie slipped into Sandra's, way-too-large, hip boots. "Do I look as ridiculous as I feel in these things?" Josie stood up to model her apparel. Both her companions burst into laughter. "Well that's nice."

"I'm sorry, boss. But you gotta admit, you do look pretty silly..... Look, tomorrow we'll drive into town and buy both of us some chest high waders. We've got a bunch of money left from your mom's wedding gift. We can afford to splurge a little bit."

Charlie's head jerked at the revelation that these women, whom he assumed were very close friends and business partners, were actually newlyweds. 'The world is changing, Charlie, and you better change along with it. After all, love is love. And it's obvious these two love each other very much.' "So, you two are honeymooners, are you?"

Josie's back bristled as she prepared herself for an unpleasant confrontation and just when she was warming up to the guy. "Yes, we are. Is that a problem?"

"Now, don't get your Irish up, little one. I could tell you two have a special bond. I believe that love is God's greatest gift to us. It makes this life worth living. I'm the last person who would deny you the right to love each other."

Josie and Sandy both breathed a sigh of relief and smiled at their new friend. "Thanks, Charlie, not everyone is as accepting as you are. We need to be together. Neither of us could imagine life without the other." Sandra said, wrapping her long arm around her wife's shoulders.

"Believe me, I understand how you feel, Sandra. That's how my Marie and I felt about each other. Seeing you two so happy together brings back beautiful memories for me. I wish you every blessing in your marriage."

"Thank you, Charlie. Sorry I got defensive," Josie apologized.

"Not a problem. Let's go fish, ladies." Charlie instructed Josie on proper casting technique as Sandra waded out into the deeper water looking for a school of trout to entice onto her line.

"You're quite good at this. All you need is a little practice," Charlie praised.

"I watched your lesson with Sandy quite closely. I guess I picked up on some of your pointers."

"You practice your casting, while I go work with your partner over there." Charlie gave Josie a warm smile then waded off to his other pupil.

"How ya doin? Get any strikes?" Charlie inquired.

"Not a one. How do you know where the fish are? Do they not eat when it rains?"

Charlie chuckled. "Yeah, they eat even when it rains but they can't see your fly as easily with all the rain drops on the surface. Now it's just misty. So, you shouldn't have a problem." Charlie looked all around him and stopped when he spotted them. "Come stand over here. Look there." He pointed. "Do you see that shimmering under the water? That's a school of fish."



Sandra looked in the direction but couldn't see any difference in the water. "I don't see it. It all looks the same to me." Sandra complained.

"Well, you're not as tall as I am. Perhaps it's the angle you're looking from. Here, stand up on this rock and see if you can spot them." Charlie helped his pupil to stand up a little above his head as he held her legs steady upon the slippery surface. "Do you see them?"

"I see something. There is something glimmering in the water."

"That's your dinner." Charlie smiled. "Now go get'em, while I teach your partner a few helpful knots."

Sandra slid down from her perch and gleefully approached her prey.

***

Charlie and Josie sat on shore companionably drinking coffee, while Josie learned the art of knotting the lead wire firmly to her line. She found herself relaxing and thoroughly enjoying the instructor's warm and witty banter. "So, how did you and Sandy meet? If you don't mind me prying," he grinned.

"She answered an ad I placed at her school," Josie stated, innocently. She couldn't hold it in any longer and snorted, in a very unladylike manner, at the look of shock on her instructor's handsome face. "I'm just kidding-well sorta. I placed an ad for an apartment for rent on the second floor of my home and she answered it. We both felt the connection between us right away. If there is such a thing as love at first sight, then I think that's what happened to us. She's been my greatest blessing, Charlie. It's been a hell of an adjustment for both of us for reasons that I won't go into, but it has been worth it all." Josie looked up to see her lover perched upon a boulder, jutting several feet above the water's surface, her line whipping gracefully over her head and landing upon the shimmering water. The mist was dispersing and the sun had made a rainbow above the horizon. The view was stunning.

"Hey, Charlie!" Sandra yelled. "There is an huge school of fish just beyond these rocks. If you want to eat lunch with us, I suggest you come catch a couple."

"Yes, please, stay for lunch, Charlie. Sandra has been champing at the bit to try out some new recipes on me. I can stir fry some veggies and we have a gallon of absolutely decadent ice cream for dessert," Sandra implored.

"Well, if you'll do the cookin', I'll do the catchin'," Charlie chuckled as he collected his fly rod and headed for Sandra.

"They're over there, see, just beyond those rocks. I can reach them from up here." Sandra pointed at their target.

"I see them. Let me wade up beyond those rocks so our lines don't get crossed." Charlie continued passed Sandra and the small rocky jetty.

"Woohoo! I got one!" Sandra whooped as she fought her opponent, her rod bending sharply with the strain. "He's huge!"

Josie could hear her partner's excited giggles from shore as she watched the battle rage. "You go girl!" She yelled encouragement.

"Let him have more line, but keep it taut." Charlie instructed from where he stood reeling in his line so he could help his pupil net her prize.

Sandra fought valiantly, her partner cheering her on. "Here fishy, fishy. Come to momma." Sandra played her opponent, feeling the adrenaline pumping through her veins. "You're a monster, aren't ya." Off to the side she heard her teacher's instructions and began to let out some line with her left hand as she held on firmly to the rod with her right. She was careful not to give the fish too much slack, for he would certainly jump and spit out the fly. "That a boy. Keep going. One of us is going to wear out first and it won't be me. Ahhh-eeeee!" Sandra let loose her best Cajun yell. Suddenly, she felt rubber soles lose their grip on the wet surface below, the force of her battle against her prize throwing her backward as her feet slipped out from under her. "Son of a..... Arrrgh!" She heard the loud thud as her head hit the unyielding hardness, excruciating pain radiating through her skull and into her eyes. She tried to breathe through it, but a white hot fire in her right shoulder stopped her cold. Off in the distance she thought she heard Josie scream and wanted nothing more than to comfort her, to reassure her that she was OK. Sandra rolled up on to her knees in an effort to signal her lover, when she was bombarded with wave after wave of nausea and her world started spinning, violently. She grabbed her head in agony as darkness claimed her and she toppled into the icy waters below.

***

"SANDY!" Josie screamed as she watched in horror. "Charlie, help her!" She yelled, yanking the rubber hip boots off and running through the fast moving water toward her soul mate.

"She's in the water, heading your way!" Charlie yelled back, moving as fast as he could, trying to reach his new friend before she could drown.

Josie's eyes searched the water in the direction she'd last seen Sandra. "There! I see her!" Heading downstream was the still, partially submerged body, the sun reflecting off of shiny green waders. Josie knew the water was now too deep for her to move fast enough to reach her lover in time, so she dived head first and swam as hard as she could to catch her before her body passed beyond her reach. With her last powerful stroke her hand rubbed against something, and she grabbed it. Holding on with all her might, she found her footing and pulled her lover's limp body into her arms. "I've got her!" She yelled as she held Sandra's head above water and hurriedly struggled to drag her to shore.

Charlie caught up to Josie. "Let me have her. I can move faster through the water than you can." The exhausted woman allowed her wife to be taken into the big man's arms and quickly carried on to land. Charlie immediately checked for a heart beat and respirations. Sandra was no longer breathing. Charlie forced air into waterlogged lungs and deftly turned his patient into the rescue position as she coughed violently over and over, purging her lungs of the freezing water. Josie made it to her side and held the dark head as coughing turned into retching. "God, Charlie, look at her head." Josie gasped as blood covered her hands from the gaping wound. "We need to get this bleeding stopped and get her to the ER."

"I have my bag and cell phone in the truck. I'll be right back." Charlie yelled over his shoulder. "And, get those wet clothes off of her." As if on cue, Sandra began to shiver violently.

Josie got busy removing Sandra's clothing, prepared to flip her on her stomach at the first sign of retching. "Come on baby, I have to get you out of these wet things." Sandra only groaned, eyelashes fluttering briefly. Josie ripped the buttons off her flannel top and struggled to pull the sleeves off her long flaccid arms. She then unzipped the waders and was relieved to see Charlie kneel down to help her pull them off, then hand Josie a blanket. "Take the wet under things off of her too and wrap her in this blanket while I tend to her head. I called the hospital. They will be ready for us when we arrive." Charlie gently lifted Sandra's head and applied a pressure bandage to the bleeding wound, averting his eyes from her nakedness.

"You run inside and get out of those wet clothes and bring a blanket and towels with you. I'll load her into the back of the truck," Charlie instructed briskly.

Josie ran inside and changed quicker than she'd ever changed in her life. She met Charlie at the truck and threw the extra blanket over Sandra's shivering body and hopped in. "Let's go!" She demanded, her panic rising. The truck took off with breakneck speed, Josie holding her lover to her, rubbing a towel through her wet hair to remove as much of the moisture and blood as she could, cooing words of love and encouragement in her ear. As she grabbed another towel to dry her own hair, Josie rubbed Sandra's arms and legs under the blanket in an effort to warm her and stop her incessant shivering.

Sandra was thrown again into a coughing fit, so Josie placed her in the recovery position once more. She felt for a pulse and found it slow but steady. Seeing the huge developing bruise from her right shoulder to mid T-spine, her heart filled with empathy for her fallen love. Josie gently rubbed her lover's back offering warmth and comfort. 'Please, God, please help her. She's so good. I love her so much. Please, don't make her suffer like this.' Josie stretched out her body against Sandra's back, covering them both completely in the blanket, hoping their hot breath would warm her.

After what seemed like an eternity, but was actually only 14 minutes, Charlie drove up to ER receiving. A stretcher waited on their approach. "We have a near drowning with head trauma. I want blood potassium level, stat! Is CAT scan ready for her?" Charlie spouted to the ER charge nurse as he maneuvered the stretcher holding their precious cargo into exam room 3.

"Yes sir. Lab is here and Radiology has been notified." The trauma team fell into place like a well oiled machine. O2 at 2 liters per nasal cannula and two 18 gauge IV access lines were started, EKG done, and blood work drawn before X-ray rolled in to do their part.

"I want cervical, then chest, but don't lift her head more than absolutely necessary. Nurse, get me a suture tray and prepare a Kayexalate enema. I want stat blood gases and a pulse ox put on her. Hook her up to telemetry." As soon as X-ray was done, Charlie carefully shaved the area around the gaping wound in Sandra's head, scrubbed it gently with betadine, then sutured it closed. "Everyone done? Let's get that CT scan." Charlie helped organize her transfer.

"Sandra, can you hear me?" Charlie squeezed her hand, but all she could do was moan out in misery.

***

Josie watched the familiar hustle and bustle of activity. She stayed out of the way as she mentally assessed the results of each action and the reason behind each test. She kept a clinical posture as she tried to follow them, but the ER ward clerk stopped her. "I'm sorry ma'am, but you can't go in there. You'll just be in the way. The doctor will come speak to you as soon as he knows anything. Why don't you go have a seat. There's a coffee pot in the waiting room."



Josie's first reaction was to take the woman's head off, but she thought better of it. "You're right, I can't do anything while she's in that machine. You'll come get me when she's returned, won't you?"

"Of course, I will. Now, you go put your feet up. Those things take a little while." The blue haired nurse gave Josie a motherly smile and went back to her charts.

***

Charlie Ferguson stood beside the on call Neurologist observing the CT films as the story of Sandra's injuries unfolded. "She has a very hard head. I don't see signs of subdural hematoma but with the size of that knot on her head, I'm going to expect intra-cranial swelling soon. Is she responsive?"

"Just barely. She responds to painful stimuli but, as of yet, not much else." Charlie sighed.

"She's a near drowning. How long was she oxygen deprived." The neurologist asked, gravely.

"Three or four minutes. But she was in water temperature of maybe 50 degrees. I hope that slowed her metabolism down enough to decrease the oxygen demands of her brain and vital organs."

"Let's get an EEG. Just to be certain and see if we can wake her up."

"I suggest we enlist the help of her partner, if we're going to get any response from her."

"Whatever works. Just hurry it up. I've got rounds to finish."

***

'What's taking so damned long?' Josie paced up and down in the waiting room, drinking god-awful coffee and analyzing in her head all the possible scenarios of a near drowning with head trauma. She walked back out to the receiving desk for the third time when Charlie walked through the double doors.

"How is she?" Josie asked

"Not quite sure yet. I need you to come with me." Charlie took her elbow and led her toward her lover. "So far, the CT scan looks good. But, she is not responding significantly to stimuli. The Neurologist, Dr. Raynard, wants to do an EEG, but first he wants her aroused. I told him if anyone can arouse Sandra, it would be you." The very handsome doctor gave Josie a wink and wiggled his eyebrows. The frightened little woman couldn't help but grin at his antics and appreciate his effort to lighten the mood.

Josie pulled a chair beside the stretcher Sandra had been transferred to for the EEG. Holding her wife's limp hand, she beckoned to her. "Sandy, sweetheart, it's Josie. I know you're in a load of pain when you're awake, but I need you to open your eyes for me. Just for a few minutes so they can take an EEG, OK? Come on, Sandy, show off those baby blues. Prove to them you're still in there." Josie kissed her hand as she searched the beautiful face, willing her to awaken. "Sandy, Please...." Josie stifled a sob "I need you, baby." The dark head turned slightly toward the sound of the sweet voice calling to her. The movement caused a wave of dizziness and she squeezed her eyes closed tightly and moaned in agony. "That's it, baby. Take it slow. Just look at me. You can do it. Look at me, Sandy." Sandra's eyelids fluttered, blue eyes flickering beneath them. This time her moan was accompanied by a grimace as her left hand raised to shade her eyes from the harsh light. "Charlie, can we turn the over-head off? It's hurting her eyes." Josie asked.

"Of course."

The lights were turned off and Sandra breathed a sigh of relief.

"Look at me Sandy." Sandra opened her eyes., but they were unfocused, her eyelids seeming to blink rhythmically, in slow motion, as she gazed towards Josie. "Baby, do you know where you are?" Josie asked, but her wife made no effort to respond to her. "Sandy do you hear me?" Sandy's eyes fluttered closed. "Shit, Charlie. What's happening?" Josie blurted in frustration.

"That's what we are trying to find out. It's probably from intra-cranial swelling. Give her 10 mg of dexamethasone IV. That should help. What do you think, Dr. Maynard?"

"I think that's the best course of treatment for the time being. The EEG shows some mild depression in activity, but nothing that I'm going to get too worried about yet. I want the EEG repeated in the morning and inform me if there is no change or a worsening of her neurological status. A pleasure to see you, Dr. Ferguson."

"Same here. Thanks for coming down." Charlie turned to the ER nurse who'd accompanied them. "David, right?"

"Yes, sir."

"Let's get her back to ER, I want to see those X-rays."

David proceeded to remove the electrodes from Sandra's head and wiped the conduction gel away.

"She's all set."

***

Back in the ER exam room, Charlie looked at the X-rays and lab results, an unhappy scowl on his face. "What is it? Is something wrong?" Josie asked, sitting next to her lover, rubbing her cheek against a limp hand.

She's got a fracture of the fifth intercostal, but there's nothing much we can do about that. It's her potassium that concerns me, it's a bit elevated. This is typical in near drownings in fresh water. It can cause....."

"Dr. Ferguson, she's throwing some PVC's."

"Let's get that Kayexalate enema going , we need to get her potassium down now." Charlie ordered. Josie again stood outside looking in as there was a flurry of activity around her soul mate's body. Charlie came to stand next to her and took her hand. "Josie is there anyone you want me to contact for her, any family?"

Josie looked up into her friend's compassionate eyes and sighed in resignation. "She's not coming home any time soon, is she?"

"No. I don't believe she is. But that's not to say that she won't make a complete recovery. Once we get her stabilized, I intend to transfer her to ICU for at least 48 hour observation. We'll have to closely monitor her serum potassium and neuro signs."

Josie nodded. "Her mother should know. She's in New Orleans." Charlie pulled a pen and prescription pad out of his lab coat pocket. What's her name and number?

After giving Andre' Broussard's number to Charlie, she asked to use his cell phone that was still in the truck. "I'll pay you back."

"Don't worry about that. I'll put a call in to Mrs. Broussard."

"Thanks" Josie squeezed the big man's hand.

***

"Beth, it's Josie." Hearing her best friend's voice tore away the last vestiges of self control from the frightened, exhausted woman.

"Hey, Josie. You calling to check on the pups?"

"Beth,....."

"Jo? What's wrong? You two have a fight?"

"No!" Josie sobbed into the phone.

"Jesus, Jo, you're scaring the hell out of me. What's wrong, baby?"

"We're at the ER in Colorado Springs....."

"The Emergency Rom!?! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, It's Sandy. Oh God, Beth....."

Beth sat at her kitchen table, her hand covering her eyes, dreading what Josie had to say. "Take a deep breath, baby , and slowly tell me what's happened to Sandy."

Josie told Beth the whole story, not even trying to control her tears. "Beth I need you to do something for me."

"Sure, anything."

"Would you call Andy? She's all alone and she's getting the news from Charlie. I just couldn't handle it right now. I'm worried about her."

"Sure, I will. Don't you worry any. Call me back as soon as you know something. And get some rest. She doesn't need you getting sick, too."

"Ok."

"I love you, Jo."

"Love you, too, Beth. Bye."

***

Josie sat next to Sandra, holding her hand, remembering every lovely moment since the met and became an integral part of each other's lives. She relived every tear, every smile, every touch. "God, you know I'm not as good a person as my wife is and I don't have much practice at praying, but..... Sandra is a good Catholic. She is devoted to you. She deserves your intervention even if I don't. So, please, help her. Help her to get well and bring her back to me. You see, I don't think I could live without her. I don't think I'd want to try. So, you see if you help Sandra, you'll actually be saving two of us. You can't beat that, two for the price of one." Josie prayed, then put her head down on the stretcher and fell into a light sleep.

Over an hour later, Josie was awakened by the activity around her as nurses hung more Kayexalate and more blood was drawn.

"Excuse me, ma'am, we need to insert a catheter on this patient. Would you excuse us for a minute?" The nurse asked.

Josie, reluctantly, left the nurses to their duties and went to the waiting area for another cup of coffee. "God, this is awful," Josie squinched up her face in disgust.

"I sure isn't as good as yours," Charlie said as he walked up behind her, test results in his hand.

"Her potassium is still too high, but not as high as it was. I ordered some more Kayexalate. That should take care of it."

"Yes, I saw." Josie sighed as she sat down and put her feet up on a chair.

"When the nurses are finished cleaning her up, I want you to try waking her again. Let's see if that dex did the trick." Charlie smiled warmly.

"Sure, let's give it another try." Josie put her coffee cup in the trash can and followed the doctor back to Sandra's side. Josie turned off the over-head then took her place next to her soul mate. "Hey Sandy, have you been giving the nurses a hard time while I was away?"

Josie leaned over and kissed her wife's forehead, then her cheek and whispered in her ear. "I love you, sweetheart. Time to wake up, now." Josie sat down and held Sandra's hand to her breast. "You feel that? That's my heart beating. You own that. I've entrusted you with it since the day I gave you that ring on your finger. You own my heart, Sandy. Please don't break it." Josie broke into tears. "Please, wake up. I need you, Sandy. Wake up, dammit!" Josie yelled, burying her face in her lover's belly.

"Hurts....."

"What?" Josie picked her head up and pointed blood shot eyes at her lover. "What did you say, Sandy?"

"Head.....hurts." Sandra croaked as she opened her bleary eyes, trying to focus on the curly blonde before her.

"Sweetheart, do you know where you are?"

Somewhat dilated blue eyes tried to scan the room, then slammed shut as pain swelled behind them. "ER?"

"That's right. You're doing beautifully. Do you know who I am?" Josie asked tentatively.

Sandra opened her eyes once more and focused on the face she loved. "My Josie, all three of you."

Josie burst into tears of joy and pet her wife's cheek tenderly. "God, I love you, woman. Don't ever scare me like that again?"

"OK..... What'd I do?" Sandra looked puzzled.

"What's the last thing you remember?"

Sandra gave a weak, lascivious grin. "Hot monkey sex."

Josie laughed loudly at that, causing her lover to cringe in pain.

Charlie walked around to his patient's field of vision. "Glad to have you back, my friend. Do you know who I am?"

Sandra tried hard to focus, then it came to her. "You're Charlie Ferguson, fly fisherman."

"Very good. I think it's safe to send you to ICU now. I'll write the orders while you two visit."

"Thanks so much, Charlie."

"It was my pleasure."

"Boss, what happened? Why do I feel like I went three rounds with Mohammad Ali and lost?"

"You were fly fishing, standing on a boulder, slipped and hit your head, broke your rib, bruised the hell out of your shoulder, and nearly drowned."

"That must be why my chest hurts."

"Yep, that would be it." Josie responded, rubbing her wife's hand, lovingly.

"What were you doing while I was having so much fun?"

"She pulled you out of the stream. Saved your life. Got to you before I could. That's quite a gal you've got there." Charlie interjected.

"I've never been so scared in my life." Josie tried to smile.

"I'm sorry I missed it." Sandra retorted.

"Hate to break this up, but you, Mrs Broussard, are going to ICU. I want you to rest, even though they'll be waking you up every two hours to check your neuro signs. And you, my fine hero, are going to let me take you back to the cabin to get some rest."

"Not a snowball's chance in hell I'm leaving my wife. End of story." Josie stated adamantly.

"Josie, you won't be able to see her til 0900. There is nothing you can do for her now. She's going to be discharged in two or three days, then you'll have to care for her at home for a few more days til she's self sufficient again. You will be no good to her if you're sick yourself." Charlie argued.

"Please....., hush....." Sandra whispered over the throbbing in her head. "Josie....., go home. Don't make me crazy."

Josie looked from her lover to her friend and gave in, not wanting to upset Sandra. "OK. But I'll be back here as soon as visiting hours begin. You behave and don't give the nurses a hard time." The exhausted little blonde stood up and kissed her soul mate's soft lips. "I love you, wife. Get some rest."

"Love you, too."

***

Josie fell asleep in the truck on the way back to the cabin and Charlie helped her inside and started a warm fire in the hearth. "Why don't you fix me a nice breakfast in the morning and then we can both go check up on Sandra," Charlie offered, figuring his friend wouldn't take the time to eat otherwise.

"How will I get back here, though?"

"I'll give you a ride. It's only twenty minutes away. Just call me on the cell when you're ready."

"Charlie, I don't know what I would do without you right now. Thank you."

"My pleasure. I'll be back in the morning. Sleep well."

"You, too."



To be continued in Part 4 of The Honeymoon

What did you think?

P1377@webtv.net


Return to Main Page