More Than There Are Stars

by loubug


Disclaimers: This is an uber story. The characters are mine even though they resemble two great gals we know and love . This story is about two women in love who express that love physically. If that is not your thing, you should read something else. I would love to know what you think about the story...I crave feedback. Thanks to Alina, sweetheart...darling ;-) (your encouragement persuaded me to post this) ... Enjoy...loubug@zoomnet.net


Part 4

Robin looked in the mirror, finally satisfied. She desperately wanted to impress Sarah, so she decided to wear her white commander's uniform. It showed off her muscular build and on the front, just above her left breast, surrounded by five stars, was a blue Phoenix. The emblem identified her as Commander of the ship and civilian of the fifth district. Robin also decided it was just enough to enhance the blue in her eyes. (Like they needed enhanced.) She let her hair fall loosely around her shoulders.

She checked her timepiece for the hundredth time. Fifteen minutes. She tried to think of something to keep her busy, but decided to leave a little early. "Just in case I run into someone" she said, as she brushed her fingertips through her bangs.

On the way out her door she spotted Monroe. He sized her up and down and thought it was so out of character for Robin to blush the way she did.

"You must be on your way to see Sarah."

"Actually, I'm going to accompany her and Angel to the rink tonight."

Monroe smiled at the nervous woman. "Ahhhhhh…I believe a dance has been scheduled for tonight."

Robin's heart rate tripled when she thought of holding Sarah in her arms. It had been so long since she had danced, she hoped she would remember how.

"Well, hopefully, if she will dance with me, I won't crush her toes." Robin smiled but the everlast could hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"You'll do fine. Besides, she would be crazy not to dance with you. You are positively handsome Commander Sword."

Robin smiled at the everlast. "Thank you Monroe…I needed that."

Monroe smiled back. "Anytime Robin…now go get your girls."

Robin squeezed Monroe's shoulder, then headed down the corridor. She felt a little taller than usual. Her steps were lighter and her heart pounded with excitement. Her girls were waiting for her.

**************************************

Delilah stepped inside Sarah's room with two gowns. Both were beautiful, but Sarah's eyes were fixed on the emerald green dress. It would match her eyes. The nurse smiled when Sarah reached for it. "Excellent choice my dear."

Sarah held the gown up to inspect it, and grinned her approval as she stepped into the washroom. She had already taken a quick bath and was anxious to put on her new clothes. She closed her eyes as the cool material glided down her body. She felt like a princess. She pulled her hair up with a green ribbon and left a few blonde strands to dangle around her face. She hoped Robin would like it.

She stepped out of the washroom and didn't have to wait for a reaction from Delilah. The nurse stared at the young woman. She was beautiful. "You know Sarah… hearts are gonna break all over this ship, when word gets out that you only have eyes for our commander."

"Thank you Delilah."

Sarah ran her hands down the front of her gown. The dress fit her perfectly. It fell just off her shoulders and hugged in all the right places. The material was cool and felt good against her skin. She couldn't help but twirl around in pure delight. Her heart raced out of control as her dress fanned out around her.

"Do you think she'll like it?"

"She'll think you're the most beautiful creature in the universe."

Delilah and Sarah turned to see who had snuck up on them. There in the doorway stood the commander. Sarah felt her knees tremble at the sight, even Delilah gasped at the sight. The commander was gorgeous.

"Really?" Sarah couldn't look away from the deep blue of Robin's eyes.

"Really." Robin replied as she stepped inside the room.

Delilah picked up the discarded gown and headed out to find Angel. She smiled as the room filled with the warm glow of love. For a split second that warm glow touched Delilah and gave her a glimpse into what the commander and Sarah shared. The nurse stepped outside the doorway and wiped a single tear from her eye. Love is a sweet and powerful thing.

Sarah smiled up into the commander's blue eyes. "You're….beautiful."

Robin reached out and took a strand of blonde hair between her fingers.

"You're…perfect."

She leaned forward and pressed her lips to Sarah's. The world slipped away from them. Robin had only hoped for a sweet, gentle kiss but once she felt those soft lips part beneath hers, she lost all control.

The kiss deepened and both women were lost in the moment. Sarah reluctantly pulled back to catch her breath. She placed her hand flat against the commander's chest.

"That was amazing." She looked up to see Robin smiling down at her and breathing deep.

"Yeah…it was."

Robin wrapped her arms around the small blonde and pulled her close against her. They fit together perfectly. The night hadn't even started and all ready things were beyond both women's expectations. Robin felt like she could dance all night, if that's what Sarah wanted.

Robin released her hold on the small blonde and smiled as Sarah laced their fingers together. Neither one wanted to be completely separated from the other.

"Mamma are you ready?"

Two heads turned to see an impatient little Angel standing in the doorway. Sarah nodded and the little girl leaped in delight. Robin and Sarah headed toward the elevator hand in hand, with Angel leading the way.

It didn't take long before the trio stepped off of the elevator and into the world of the rink. Music filled the air and dazzling displays of lights and unimaginable feats caught the eye of all three women.

Heads turned to see the commander and the beautiful young blonde walk in. Word of the commander's arrival traveled fast across the rink, and performers quickly decided to save their best act for her. Little did they know, the most amazing thing the Commander had ever seen was holding her hand and walking by her side.

The first stage they walked up to centered on two young men. One swallowed a sword while the other appeared to breathe fire. Sarah's eyes went wide with excitement, as the fire breather shot flames high into the ceiling.

Angel bounced around and began tugging on her mama's dress. "I can't see mama…I can't see."

Before Sarah could say anything, Robin reached down and plucked the little girl up in her arms. Angel smiled at the beautiful giant. Robin spun the little girl around until she sat on her shoulders with her legs dangling down in front of her. Angel squealed in delight. She had the best view of anyone else in the room.

Once Angel was situated Robin reached out for the small hand she had been holding since she and Sarah left the sick ward.

"So this is what falling in love is all about", she thought.

The three women stood and watched in fascination, as the two men continued their show. Applause from three stages down caught Angel's attention. Robin felt the little girl twisting to get a better view and took it as a sign to move on.

"Are you ready to see more?" Robin asked Sarah.

Sarah cocked her head to the side and grinned when she noticed Robin holding onto one of Angel's legs to help balance the bundle of energy. Robin thought it was so cute the way Sarah's nose crinkled up when she smiled. Sarah clasped her other hand over Robin's and nodded her head.

"I'm ready when you are."

Robin headed in the direction of the applause. Sarah held on tight to the commander's large hand. It was so soft and yet so strong. Long tapered fingers laced through Sarah's fingers and she smiled at the difference in their sizes. It was a perfect fit.

When they reached the stage, Robin positioned Sarah in front of her and placed her hand on the blonde's shoulder. The commander felt a warm flood of emotion settle over her, as a petite hand came up and rested on hers.

They stood and watched in wonder, as the magician performed unbelievable tricks. Robin heard Angel giggle as he pulled a large furry chaka out of his hat. The creature was cute as could be.

The chaka was white, with big blue eyes. It had long ears and long white fur, with streaks of gray in it. It sat on its hind legs like a rabbit, but its arms were long like a human's. It was just about the size of Angel.

Robin felt Sarah's small body lean back into hers. The tall woman could feel the warmth radiating out of the blonde's body. Every time Sarah would laugh Robin felt the little tremors that raced through the small frame pressed into her. The sweet sound of Sarah's giggles warmed the commander's heart.

They were content to stand and watch the magician for a while longer before moving on. The rink was like nothing Sarah had ever seen before. She felt like a child, until she looked up into the commander's blue eyes, then she felt very much like a woman. A woman with wants and needs and desires.

They walked on around the rink, until they came to the food court.

"Mamma are we going to eat?"

Sarah smiled up at her daughter, who was still privileged to ride on the commander's shoulders.

"Why don't you come down from there, then we'll get something to eat."

Angel had grown used to her view and was reluctant to come down until she saw her mother giving her 'that' look. Robin reached up and helped the girl down then looked to Sarah.

"What would you like to eat?" Robin asked.

Sarah was very hungry, and the choices available to them were limitless.

"Hmmmm…..something…fruity."

Robin arched an eyebrow at the little blonde. "Fruity?" she repeated.

Sarah nodded her head and Robin bent down on one knee to look Angel in the eye.

"And just what would you like little one?"

"fizzer…I want a fizzer."

Robin looked up questionably to Sarah. She didn't have a clue what a fizzer was, but before the commander could ask, Sarah responded.

"You can have one after you eat something more substantial."

The little girl looked up at her mom.

"What does subs..tan..chall..mean Mamma?"

Robin stood up and chuckled as she ruffled the little girl's hair.

"Something that's going to stick to your ribs, kiddo."

Angel grinned at the commander. She liked this giant.

Robin looked to Sarah.

"Go ahead and grab a table, I'll go get us something to eat." She leaned down and placed a quick kiss on unsuspecting lips. "I'll be right back."

Sarah felt her lips tingle, as she watched the commander walk away. She could get used to this. She looked down to her daughter and held her hand out.

"Well…sweetheart...let's go find a table."

Mother and daughter walked further onto the court and found a table sitting close to a large water fountain. Underneath the water were different colored lights that fooled the eye into believing the water was tinted.

As Sarah waited patiently for the commander to return, another set of lights caught her eye. Across the food court, on the other side of the rink, she watched multi-colored lights flash across the room. Before she could figure out what was going on, a clear voice echoed across a loud speaker.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight we celebrate."

Loud music filled the rink as people started clapping and shouting excitedly. Sarah watched in fascination, as people started moving toward the loud music and began dancing.

"We celebrate…the quest for peace…the journey we make….and the love we find along the way."

Sarah was so caught up in the lights she never noticed when Robin stepped up behind her. Robin held her finger over her lips, motioning for Angel to be quiet. Slowly the commander leaned down to whisper in Sarah's ear. She almost forgot what she was doing as the faint scent of jasmine filled her senses. 'She smells so good" Robin thought.

"We can dance later if you want."

Sarah jumped at the warm voice in her ear. Robin smiled then apologized for startling the young woman. She sat their dinner down on the table, then took a seat close to Sarah.

Angel wasted no time digging into her food. They talked and laughed while they ate. Music filled the rink and Sarah desperately wanted to dance with the commander.

As they finished eating, Sarah watched her daughter's eyes land on something and light up. It didn't take long to figure what had grabbed the little girl's attention. Angel stood up in her chair and started waving her arms.

"Jojo…..Jojo….over here."

Sarah felt her cheeks go red from embarrassment of her daughter's behavior.

"Angel…sit down, right now."

Robin tried to hide the smile crawling across her face. She didn't want to get Angel in trouble by encouraging her any further, but Sarah looked so cute when she blushed.

Jojo ran over to the table, and began talking so fast Robin couldn't keep up.

"Is it okay if Angel comes and plays with us..we'll be in the swamp and my mom will be there, she's gonna watch us…please…please…."

Angel looked pleadingly to her mom.

Sarah looked over to Robin.

"What… is the swamp?" she asked, almost afraid of the answer she would get.

Robin smiled reassuringly.

"The swamp is a large play arena for the kids. They check in, then get their hand stamped. It is full of mazes and tunnels." Robin could see the hesitation on Sarah's face, so she continued. "There are adults inside to make sure no one gets carried away or hurt."

Jojo looked up to the blonde.

"Please…can she come and play…please."

Sarah looked back to Robin. "Would you mind if we walked her over ourselves."

Robin reached under the table and grabbed the small hand that belonged to Sarah.

"I wouldn't mind at all."

Somewhere deep inside, Sarah heard a nagging little voice telling her if things seemed too good to be true, they usually were. As Robin smiled that incredibly sexy, lopsided grin at her, Sarah stomped out that little voice. She was ready to take her chances.

After they walked to the swamp, and Angel went inside, the two women stood outside the gate and watched as the little girl disappeared into the incredible labyrinth of lights and sounds. It was a kid's wildest dream come true.

"She'll be okay."

Sarah smiled at the commander's attempt to ease her nervousness.

"I know. I'm just not used to letting her out of my sight. When we were on the slave ship…" she left the words unspoken.

Robin wrapped her arms around the small woman and whispered in her ear. "I will have them bring her out right now…if that's what you want Sarah."

Robin felt the body in her arms take a deep breath and let it out.

"No. I know she'll be okay." Sarah turned in the strong arms that were wrapped around her. She felt determined to leave behind all the pain and suffering she had been through, and drowning in pools of deep blue, was certain to be a step in the right direction.

"I seem to recall you mentioned something about dancing earlier."

Robin felt her heart skip a beat. Sarah was absolutely beautiful.

"Was that me?" Robin asked innocently.

"Yes."

"Well then…shall we?"

Robin turned and offered her arm to the beautiful blonde in the emerald dress. Sarah instantly took the offered appendage and they began walking to the dance arena. Robin felt her chest swell. She knew all eyes were on them as they walked onto the dance floor. She twirled Sarah once, then wrapped her arms around her and dipped her towards the floor.

Sarah gasped at the unexpected move. "Wow."

Robin pulled her close and whispered in her ear. "Are you ready."

Sarah swallowed hard at the sultry tone of the commander's voice. She could only nod her head. It was all the answer Robin needed.

The music played on and the two women danced as if they were born in each other's arms. Blue eyes locked onto green and both women were swept away in the moment. The slow, sensual sounds wrapped around them and their bodies melted together. They moved in perfect time, never missing a step. They never realized when the floor cleared, and dancers became spectators, watching the dance of souls reuniting.

Robin felt herself surrender to the small woman in her arms. Her life had changed drastically, in such a short amount of time. She believed all things happened for a reason, and that the reason she had become commander was none other, than to be standing here tonight, with Sarah in her arms. She believed that without a doubt.

Sarah felt her heart pound wildly in her chest. The lights swirled around her, but her attention was focused solely on the woman in front of her. She felt as if her feet had left the floor. Surely she was dreaming.

Robin once again saw the warm glow surround Sarah, this time however, what she felt left no room for doubt. Sarah was her soulmate. The blonde felt it too. Slowly, Robin leaned down and captured Sarah's soft lips in a tender kiss. Large, callused hands cupped a soft, round face. Both wanted more.

The dance they shared slowed, as Robin's tongue glided across Sarah's bottom lip, gently asking for permission to explore beyond the boundaries of two soft lips. Without delay Sarah welcomed the warm tongue in her mouth, greeting it with her own. Both women were unprepared for the rush of emotion that swept through them. Lips claiming lips, tongues caressing tongues. Then it happened; both women felt it, as each one breathed into the other, a little piece of their soul became a part of the other. It only lasted a second, but it felt like forever.

When they pulled apart, a single tear escaped both women. The awe stricken crowd watched as Robin and Sarah wiped the tears away. The moment was unforgettable. Robin smiled down at her soulmate and kissed her forehead. Sarah closed her eyes, and wrapped her arms around Robin. Slowly they started to sway in time with the music. They were never aware of being center of attention. They only saw each other.

Slowly the mesmerized dancer's made their way back on the dance floor, surrounding the two women who were lost in each other. It would be a story told for generations to come. The night a simple slave girl rescued the heart of a lonely commander.

The night went by far to quickly for Robin. She couldn't get enough of the small woman who turned down every possible suitor, during the course of the evening, to remain in the commander's arms. As far as Sarah was concerned she had found her dance partner, hopefully for life. Finally, the music ended and the lights seem to fade. It was time to get Angel and say goodnight to the rink.

Robin and Sarah walked hand in hand toward the swamp. No doubt Angel would be tired, if not already asleep. Both women were silent as they headed toward the large playground. The night had been more than either had hoped for and the warm feelings that were flowing through the commander and Sarah would transport them to an even greater level later; they just didn't know that yet.

Soon the swamp came into view. Soft light from the overhead security lamps now replaced the flashing lights that had given life to the maze earlier. Robin walked to the check-in booth and presented the ID card to pick up Angel. The young man opened the gate and ushered the commander in, before Robin entered she turned toward Sarah and held out her hand; Sarah accepted the invitation without a moments hesitation. They quietly walked through the door, and soon found Angel lying contentedly asleep.

Robin carried the sleeping little girl back to the sick ward, all the while, never letting go of Sarah's hand. She walked as slowly as she could, without giving herself away. She didn't want the night to end. Much to the commanders dismay, the tiny room where Sarah and her daughter were staying, came into view.

Sarah watched as the 6'1 commander, gently lowered her daughter into bed. It was a scene she hoped to never forget. Robin pulled the covers up and tucked them around the little girl.

"Thank you."

Blue eyes looked up to green.

"It was my pleasure…I've had a wonderful time."

Robin stood straight and cursed her hands for trembling. She wasn't sure if it was from fear or desire. She settled to believe it was a little of both.

"We'll be landing in Thrace tomorrow." Robin hoped she could convince the young woman to stay on board the phoenix when it was time to leave.

"I know." Sarah began inspecting her fingers, as she wondered how to let Robin know she wanted to leave with the Phoenix. "I'm gonna try to get some shopping in while we're there."

The two women smiled at each other. It was clear that they both wanted to spend time together, so Robin decided to go out on a limb.

"Sarah…I'll be staying at the commander's estate while we're on Thrace…would you…that is if you don't have any other plans…like to stay with me." Robin swallowed hard. "You'll have your own room of course." She finished in a rush, not wanting to frighten the young woman.

"I don't know Robin…I don't want to be a burden to you…" she never finished the sentence.

"You will never be a burden to me…neither will Angel."

Sarah took a breath, and looked deep into Robin's eyes. "All right then…I will stay."

If Sarah thought for one second, the commander didn't mean what she said, the smile that broke across Robin's face easily confirmed her sincerity.

Robin let out the air that was beginning to burn her lungs. "I will send someone for you tomorrow, after we land." Robin took two, small, trembling, hands into her own. "We will step of this ship together."

Sarah could only nod as Robin bent down to capture her lips. It didn't take long for the kiss to take hold and spread like a wild fire out of control. Robin stepped into the kiss, forcing Sarah to take a step back, instantly placing the blonde between the wall and one great kissing commander. Sarah did the only she could. Surrender.

Robin felt Sarah yield to her kiss immediately. The commander's lips worked their way to a small, flushed ear. "You look so beautiful tonight Sarah." Lips descended to an inviting neck. When Sarah gasped, the commander lost all control. The knowledge that she produced that beautiful sound from Sarah sent shivers over Robin's body.

"Robin…" Sarah tried to get the tall woman's attention but hearing her name roll of Sarah's tongue only inflamed the commander more. She sucked on the pulse point of the blonde's neck, causing Sarah to moan deeply.

"Robin…we can't…" her words were cut off by the commander's lips. Robin knew she had to get control of herself. She thought Sarah wanted this to, but she wasn't going to ruin things by rushing.

When the commander reluctantly pulled back, her breath caught in her throat at the look of desire that burned in Sarah's green eyes.

"It's not that I don't want…" Robin placed two fingers over the swollen lips of the woman who held her heart.

"I know…this isn't the time or place." Sarah smiled as Robin reached out and brushed away a falling tear. "You're just so….intoxicating…I can hardly stop myself."

"I feel the same way about you Robin." Sarah smiled shyly. "We'll have time in Thrace for…you know…"

Robin grinned as a new blush swept over Sarah's face. "We have all the time in the world…I know it might sound crazy…but you are everything I want and everything I need…Sarah, and I will wait until you are ready to move on…"

Sarah felt more than ready to move on, but Angel was sleeping in the same room and Sarah knew it wouldn't be right. The two women shared a tender kiss goodnight, before Robin headed back to her cabin. Sarah's world had just fell together, and Robin felt as if she could conquer anything in her path. Thrace was only a day away, and Sarah would be staying with her at the estate. Her thoughts replayed the evening over and over. It was perfect. Just like Sarah.

Two hearts beat in perfect time, as sleep stole the day. The night started with dreams of wander and love. Neither woman aware that the night had just begun, for soulmates can play, even in dreams…

Tbc…


Back To Main Page