Beyond the Farthest Planet

by Psyche-b

Chapter 4C

Go to Part 1


Disclaimers: As always the characters belong to my warped little mind. Unfortunately not the people they are patterned after. If this sort of this offends you please hit the delete button now. If you are under 18 please come back when you are older.

"What did you want to talk to me about, Kacey?"

Kacey put her cup down on the table and played with the napkin. "Guess with every one here, I will only have to say this once." She took a sip of coffee. "The reason Natalia is resting is that this morning, we, ummm, we went to the hospital deck and with Dr. Amstall's help, ummm, we started the process to start our family."

Patricia was speechless for several heart beats. "Kacey, that is wonderful."

"Congratulations Kacey." Anya said.

"Aye lass, congratulations." Liam stated.

"Were you as nervous at Kate was each time?"

"That was probably the scariest thing I have ever done. I hope it takes as I am not sure I could do that again."

"That is not the Marine gung ho spirit." Kate teased.

"This morning I was not a Marine, I was Natalia's wife and it was very scary."

"Dr. Amstall is very good. She is the doctor who helped us and delivered the twins." Anya stated

"We both like her." Kacey finished her coffee, stood and picked up the food containers before she left.

"I will bring dinner by later." Patricia stated.

"Thanks mom, that sound great."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After lunch, Kacey talked Natalia into taking a nap. She slept on the couch while Kacey sat on the loveseat with her feet on the coffee table. A pad of music sheets balanced on her knees. She worked on a new piece of music. She wrote the notes on the paper, picturing how the notes would sound on the violin. She knew she could play them on the keyboard, but did not want to disturb Natalia.

Kacey had given the keyboard to the twins, although it remained at Kacey's because she had more room. The girls came over every night after dinner to practice for an hour. Kacey could correct any wrong hand movements immediately instead of having to correct them during their weekly lessons. In the last few months the girls had progressed quickly and played simple songs."

"What are you working on?"

"Hi, did you have a good nap?"

"I did. So what are you working on?"

"A very special piece of music."

"I can see it is music, silly. What sort of music?"

"I was sitting here watching you sleep and I started thinking. What if we got lucky on the first try and the insemination took and then I thought about our children. As I thought about them, the notes started flowing in my head. So I began putting them down on paper before I forgot them."

"A song for our children?" Kacey nodded. "That is one of the most beautiful things I have every heard. But should we get our hopes up? The Doctor said it does not often work on the first try."

"I know, but I could not help it. The notes just came to me."

"Will you play it for me?"

"It is no where near finished."

"Just what you have so far? Please?"

"Kacey put the music sheet on the coffee table. She went to Natalia and kissed her. "For you beautiful, of course I will." Kacey picked up her violin. She softly pulled the bow across the strings as she played the notes she had written. Natalia listened to the clean pure notes, played by a master hand. She could not keep the smile from her face.

"That is beautiful, Kacey." She said when Kacey finished playing.

"Like I said, it is not finished."

"Play it again?" Natalia asked.

Kacey kissed the top of Natalia's head and began playing. The door chimed as she finish playing the second time. She looked at the monitor. "It's mom." She said. "Come in" Kacey called out.

The door opened. Patricia pushed a meal cart in front of her as she came in.

"I have your dinners and a snack for Natalia if she feels hungry now."

"Hey, what about my snack?" Kacey complained.

"You, young lady can walk to the Mess Hall." Patricia chided Kacey. "Don't worry dear, I will not pull you away from Natalia. There is a snack for you also."

Patricia patted her cheek as she walked by. She placed their dinners in the heating unit. The snacks she placed on the counter.

"Can you visit for awhile?" Natalia asked.

"I always have time to visit. Is there anything you need, Natalia?"

"I would love a cup of tea, but Kacey can get it for me."

"Just don't stand there Kirsten, Natalia would like a cup of tea." She ordered, giving Natalia a wink.

"Yes ma'am." Kacey jumped to obey her mother's commands. "Would you like one mom?"

"I would love one dear." Patricia responded.

Kacey started the water heating and pulled three cups from the cabinet. She placed a tea bag in two cups and poured coffee into the third. When the water was hot, she poured it over the bags. She finished fixing their tea and brought it to the living room. Kacey placed their cups on the table and went back for her coffee. Patricia sat in the chair next to the couch where Natalia rested. while Kacey returned to the love seat.

To be continued...

 

Return to the Academy

Author's Page