Pt.12

Gabrielle stood across from Celine as she saw the vengeful amazon raise her fists ready to fight. As Gabrielle tried to do what she knew how to do best and attempted to talk her way out of the situation.

GABRIELLE 
Celine we don't have to do this. I get that you're upset about losing your mother, but there has to be another way to handle this.

CELINE 
I have nothing more to say to you Gabrielle. I’m finally going to make you pay for you and Xena killing my mother.

Celine slowly walked towards Gabrielle who backed away. Not having her staff was going to severely hinder her ability to defend herself. Plus dispite everything Gabrielle honestly felt bad for Celine. She had lost her mother and was lied to about what actually happened by someone claiming to be her friend. She still had hope that maybe there was still a chance that she could get through to Celine and make her see the truth.

GABRIELLE 
Please just listen to me Celine. Kai’s just using you to get revenge on me and Xena. Think about it in the time you've gotten to know us do we really seem like cold hearted murderers to you?

CELINE 
Oh please Gabrielle it isn't that hard to put on an act. I mean look how long I pretended that I didn't actually hate your guts.

XENA 
Apparently that’s another thing you have is common with your mother. On top of clearly being out of your damn mind.

KAI 
No one was talking to you.

Kai punched Xena in her stomach. Xena showed little reaction other then an angery stare, not wanting to give Kai the satisfaction.

CELINE 
Enough talk. I've been waiting a long time for this and I intend on savoring every moment.

GABRIELLE 
I'm not fighting you Celine. We don't have to do this.

CELINE 
If you don't wanna fight back that's just fine. It just makes this easier for me.

Celine ran up to Gabrielle and kicked her to the ground. Gabrielle looked at Celine as she began to get back up. 

KAI 
Ouch that looked like it hurt.

Instinctively wanting to come to Gabrielle's defense Xena pulled against the rope that kept her restrained with no result.

KAI 
Don't even think about trying anything Xena. Did you forget about your daughter?

Xena stopped struggling knowing for the time being that her hands were tied, in both the figurative and literal since if she didn't want anything to happen to Aurora.

CELINE 
Come on Gabrielle. You could at least try and put up a fight. Or is this what you did to my mother too. You played the defenseless girl and then struck when she never saw it coming.

Gabrielle groaned in pain as Celine punched her several times in the face chest and stomach before throwing one more hard shot across her jaw, knocking Gabrielle to the ground. Realizing that she wasn't going to be able to talk Celine out of her plan, Gabrielle wiped away the bit of blood that was coming from her lip and stood back up. She might not have wanted to but if it was to protect her child and Xena, Gabrielle was prepared to fight.

GABRIELLE 
This is your last chance Celine. Stop this now and i’m sure we can find a way to work things out.

CELINE 
That might work on other people but not me Gabrielle. I want you dead.

Celine rushed in and swung at Gabrielle who dodged and swept out her foot, tripping Celine. Celine fell back but grabbed Gabrielle's ankle and pulled her to the ground as well. Then Celine quickly got on top of Gabrielle pinning her to the ground and rained her fists down repeatedly into Gabrielle's face.

XENA 
Gabrielle!

Kai just smiled as she watched Xena's reaction to seeing Gabrielle being ruthlessly beaten as she returned her attention to the fight. Finally Gabrielle was able to get her arms free and brought them up to protect her face. Celine just scowled as she stood up and drove a hard kick into Gabrielle's side. Gabrielle yelled in pain as she rolled over gripping her ribs. As she tried to get up Celine grabbed a handful of Gabrielle's hair and forced her to her feet.

CELINE 
I can't believe someone like you was able to kill my mother. What did you do sneak up on her when she didn't exspect it? Or some other sneaky way of doing it? Or wait let me guess you had Xena do you dirty work for you. That would make the most sense because you clearly can't actually fight to literally save your own life. Or apparently your own daughter’s either.

In that moment Gabrielle felt like a switch was flipped inside her. She wasn't only fighting to defend herself, she was fighting for her, Xena, the child they had together. The same baby that Celine had kidnapped and threatened the life of. So why had she been trying to reason with her child's kidnappers? They were willing to go this far, so they clearly had no intention of changing their plans. Both Celine and Kai only wanted to hurt or kill both Gabrielle and Xena. And they were willing to stoop so low as to go after a child to do it. They couldn't be reasoned with and needed to be stopped. With Xena unable to do anything at the moment, Gabrielle knew it was up to her. 

GABRIELLE 
Enough!

Gabrielle swung at Celine and knocked her away.

GABRIELLE 
You can try and hurt me all you want but I won't let you, Kai or anyone else harm my daughter. And if I have to fight to protect her I will.

CELINE 
Big talk for someone who can't even actually fight.

GABRIELLE 
Watch me.

KAI 
Oh this I have to see.

Celine rushed back in and caught Gabrielle in the cheek with her fist. Gabrielle staggered back but didn't go down. She looked at Celine with a stare that was made up of pure defiance and determination. Gabrielle swung back, landing a hit on Celine who backed off a bit. Both from pain and shock. After a moment Celine recovered.

CELINE 
Good I can start actually fighting for real now.

Celine reached behind her and drew a dagger. Gabrielle saw the weapon and glanced towards her staff that layed on the ground a little ways off. Celine noticed.

CELINE 
Sure go for it Gabrielle. If you can.

Celine lunged for Gabrielle with her blade. Gabrielle managed to move out of the way and ran for her staff. As she ran she heard Xena yell for her to duck. She didn't look to see why and dove to the ground only to see the dagger land in the dirt next to her staff. Gabrielle looked back realizing that if she hadn't gotten down when she did she’d have that dagger burried in her back. Unsurpassed by the extremely cheap move Gabrielle got up and knowing that just running right for her weapon wasn't going to work. She was going to have to wait for just the right opportunity to grab it. But just how long could Gabrielle actually last unarmed against a more skilled fighter?

 

Pt.13

There was a momentary standoff between Gabrielle and Celine. As Kai stood near the still restrained Xena looking on at the fight.

KAI
I wonder just how long Gabrielle can go. My guess would be not very. Especially against someone who isn't taking her lightly. What do you think Xena?

Xena didn't answer as she only glanced over at her with a very angry scowl for a moment before returning to watching Gabrielle.

KAI
Oh right Gabrielle's the more chatty one out of the two of you. Fine we can just watch the fight in silence then.

Gabrielle took a shot to the midsection and then another to her face as Celine resumed her assault. She returned with a hit of her own accross Celine's jaw. Celine was stunned for a moment giving Gabrielle an opening. She lunged at Celine. They both fell to the ground. But the more agile Celine used the momentum and her feet to roll and flip them both so she had Gabrielle on her back. Celine quickly stood and stomped her boot on Gabrielle's chest before she could get up. Gabrielle tried pushing the boot off her when Celine quickly raised it and brought her foot back down hard. Gabrielle yelled in pain as Celine repeated the action a couple more times before dropping to a knee that she placed in the same spot on in the center of Gabrielle's chest making sure that Gabrielle couldn't escape. Gabrielle's efforts to push Celine away failed as the vengeful amazon held Gabrielle's to the ground with one hand and balled the other into a fist as she began striking Gabrielle in the face repeatedly. Xena yelled as she fought to get free while Kai just laughed. After striking again Celine stopped as she looked down at her handiwork. Gabrielle's face was a beaten and bloodied mess. She had blood coming from her mouth and nose. As well as from a cut above her eye. There were multiple red marks that would soon become bruises from where Celine had struck. As Celine was distracted with admiring her work Gabrielle covertly grabbed a fist full of dirt and then threw it into Celine's face. The Amazon let out a painful yell as she got up rubbing her eyes as she tried to clear out the irritation. Though the move only served to anger Celine further as once her vision cleared she looked at Gabrielle who had rolled to her stomach and was trying to get up.

CELINE 
(Angry tone) You're gonna pay for that.

Celine stormed over, picked up Gabrielle's staff from where it had been lying and returned to where Gabrielle was still trying to stand. She grabbed Gabrielle by her hair and got her to her feet. Then she let go of her as she took a firm grip off Gabrielle's staff with both hands and swung it. Driving the side inside Gabrielle's midsection. Then as Gabrielle doubled over from the hit, Celine swung the weapon again. This time hitting Gabrielle across her back. The pain instinctively caused Gabrielle to arch back as she groaned from the hit. Celine then followed up by swinging the staff upwards. Driving the end up into Gabrielle's jaw. Blood sprayed from Gabrielle's mouth as she spun to the ground. Xena watched in horror as Gabrielle just layed there. She continued to fight to get free knowing that Gabrielle couldn't take too much more of this continuous onslaught.

XENA 
Gabrielle! 

Despite to save Gabrielle Xena quickly thought of the only thing that might get Celine to stop.

XENA
Celine stop please. It was me. I killed Valassca it wasn't Gabrielle. So if you wanna take your revenge on someone it should be me.

Celine looked at Xena.

CELINE 
Trust me Xena I'm fully aware of who technically ended my mother's life. But killing her will hurt you far more than if I just killed you. Plus while you may have killed her, Gabrielle is still also responsible for taking my mother from me even while she was still alive. If she had just given my mother her title when she first became queen like she should have none of us would be here right now.

XENA 
Valassca choose her own fate when she tried to assassinate Gabrielle.

CELINE 
And you and Gabrielle chose yours when you killed her.

Celine returned her attention to Gabrielle who had been just laying on the ground as she grabbed her by her hair. Celine yanked Gabrielle to her knees. Gabrielle had a far away look in her eyes as Celine let her go and smacked the stuff she still held across Gabrielle's chest. The hit knocked Gabrielle back as Celine took the end of the staff and drove it into Gabrielle's stomach, grinding it down as Gabrielle yelled and tried to push it off. After a few moments Celine tossed the weapon aside and reached down, grabbing Gabrielle's shirt and forced Gabrielle to stand. Which she could barely do on her own at this point. Trying to get away, Gabrielle stumbled over to a cave wall. She learned against it as she winced from the pain that wraked her whole body. As Gabrielle stood there Celine walked over and picked up Xena's sword that she was forced to discard earlier. An evil smile crossed her face as she gave the blade a quick look over.

CELINE 
I gotta say Xena you certainly do have good taste in weapons. Too bad the same can't be said about your taste in romantic partners.

Xena frantically pulled against her restraints as Celine took Xena's sword and began walking back towards Gabrielle.

CELINE 
I think it's about time to finish this.

Gabrielle saw Celine coming towards her with Xena's sword in hand resting the flat side of the blade on her shoulder as she walked.

XENA 
Gabrielle run.

At that point if Gabrielle could run she would have. But she was so beaten up she was lucky she was even able stand. As Celine got closer Gabrielle attempted to move as fast as her battered body would let her along the cave wall. Celine stalked her menacingly as she moved towards her. Gabrielle tried to get away but Celine was too fast and ran at her swinging Xena's sword. The blade struck the rocky cave wall as Gabrielle just managed to dodge the attack. Gabrielle quickly made a move to grab her staff as Celine swung again. This time catching Gabrielle in the arm. Gabrielle cried out as she felt the blade slice open her skin. She fell as she clenched the wound. Celine stood over her and raised the sword to strike again. She began to swing it down towards Gabrielle who noticed her staff an arms reach away. Quickly with her uninjured arm she reached out, grabbed it and used it to block Celine's hit just in time. Celine continued to push the swordtowards Gabrielle as she attempted to overpower her. The sharp blade dug into the wood of the staff as Gabrielle began to lose the power struggle. She gripped the staff with her other hand and dispite her injured arm tried to push Celine away. Finally during the struggle Gabrielle tilted her staff just right causing the sword to slip, taking a chunk out of the wooden staff with it as Gabrielle managed to deflect Celine's strike. The sudden shift was enough to give Gabrielle an opening as she swung the end of her staff up into Celine's face. Celine backed off slightly rubbing her jaw where she had just been hit. She recovered quickly however as she wiped the bit of blood from her lip from the strike. She scowled as she saw Gabrielle using the staff to help her get up. As Gabrielle fully stood Celine snatched the staff from Gabrielle's grip and kicked her back against the wall. Gabrielle hit hard and slid down to the ground. Celine looked at her for a moment as Gabrielle began pushing herself to stand once again using the cave wall for support. Then she looked back at Gabrielle's weapon that she now held.

CELINE 
I guess since i’m going to kill you, you won't be needing this will you?

Gabrielle watched as Celine then took the damaged staff and broke it over her knee. Snapping Gabrielle's only weapon and method of defense in two. Celine looked at the two pieces in each hand then smiled at Gabrielle as she casually tossed them behind her. Xena began to silently panic as she saw that now Gabrielle was left completely defenseless and injured. Their child was still being held hostage and with no weapons and tied up there seemed to be nothing that Xena could do.

 

Pt.14

Gabrielle used the wall of the cave as support as she now found herself left with.nothing to defend herself against Celine after just having had her staff broken in half by the crazed amazon. Xena was still trying to get out of her restraints, becoming increasingly frustrated with herself for having not been able to already. Seeing the state Gabrielle was currently in Xena knew that she had to get free quickly before it was too late. She yelled at Celine who simply ignored Xena's demands and pleas for her to stop as she continued to stalk Gabrielle as if she were a wounded wild animal that was about to take down its prey. Gabrielle tried to get away as Celine grabbed her and shoved her back against the cave wall. Celine then let out an angery yell as she swung Xena's sword. Gabrielle moved just in time causing the steel to scrape against the rocks as Celine's attack missed. She attempted to put some distance between them when Celine quickly followed up with another attack. She swung the blade at Gabrielle again. This time catching Gabrielle in the arm. Gabrielle yelled as she felt her skin get sliced open. She stumbled away as she gripped her arm, feeling the blood beginning to flow down the limb. Celine was right behind as Gabrielle continued trying to escape her wrath.

CELINE 
Just accept your fate Gabrielle. Don't make me chase you.

Gabrielle moved along the wall as fast as she could while Celine stood watching her attempt to get away. She scowled as quickly caught up to her grabbing Gabrielle's hair from behind. Gabrielle yelled as she threw back her elbow into Celine's face causing her to let go. Celine sneered as she swung the sword. Gabrielle yelled as the blade cut her back and she fell. As she layed on the ground Gabrielle winced while she tried to crawl away. However her path of escape was blocked as Celine casually walked in front of her and aimed the point of the sword barely inches from Gabrielle's face.

CELINE 
Where do you think you're going?

Ever defyent in the face of her enemies, which Gabrielle was finding she had apparently accumulated far more than she could have ever anticipated, Gabrielle looked up at Celine with a scowl on her blood covered face.

GABRIELLE 
If you're gonna kill me just do it already. But it won't do anything to bring your mother back.

Celine looked down at her with a hateful expression on her face.

CELINE 
If you're exspecting mery from me you won't find any. I told you I want you and Xena to suffer.

Celine then pulled back and swiftly kicked Gabrielle in the face. Gabrielle grabbed at her face as Celine walked around her and drove her boot into Gabrielle's ribs. Gabrielle cried out as she rolled over and curled up holding her side. She then felt Celine's foot forcefully connect with her back. Gabrielle arched in pain as Celine brought her boot down on her opposite side from the ribs she had kicked just moments ago that were now exposed. Gabrielle's cries echoed throughout the cave as Celine repeatedly stomped and kicked various parts of her body. Her back, stomach, chest, arms, legs all felt the wrath of Celine's assault.

XENA 
Gabrielle! 

Xena continued her efforts to break free from the ties that held her captive, preventing her from coming to Gabrielle's defense. In her attempts, out of the corner of her eye Xena noticed a stone on the ground not to far from her. She glanced at Kai who was standing a few feet from her happily watching the brutal beating Gabrielle was enduring. Attempting to not draw attention to herself Xena carefully moved her foot towards the small stone to retrieve it. Though focusing on the task was proving difficult as Xena's attention was repeatedly drawn to Gabrielle as she heard her cries of agony. Making Xena more and more desperate to get to her. After continuing to ruthlessly beat Gabrielle for a bit longer, Celine stood over Gabrielle's broken and battered body.

CELINE 
You know I'm getting kinda bored here. Maybe I should just kill you and be done with it.

Gabrielle winced as Celine kicked her once more before standing there contemplating what she should do next. She looked at the sword in her hand as she considered just plunging it into Gabrielle's chest. Or possibly using it to slit her throat and simply watch as she chocked on her own blood while simultaneously bleeding out. A verity of sick and twisted methods of killing Gabrielle made their way through Celine's warped mind. Each one some how even more depraved than the last. All the while Gabrielle layed at her feet barely moving. The act of simply breathing had become labored and painful. She was also finding it extremely difficult to maintain consciousness. As a part of her wanted to do nothing more than close her eyes and slip into deaths painless embrace. Meanwhile Xena had managed to covertly reach the stone she had spotted and dragged it to her under her boot. She stood still with the stone hidden when Kai looked her way. Xena gave her fierce and hateful glare that got a smug smirk in return.

KAI
(Mocking tone) What's wrong Xena not enjoying the show?

Xena didn't say anything, though the look she gave Kai said more than enough. Kai chuckled to herself as she resumed watching. Gabrielle's struggle against Celine. Giving Xena the opportunity she needed to secretly maneuver the stone so she could get herself free. She stealthily slid her foot back and up the cave wall. Dragging the stone with it. Careful not to make too much noise or move too quickly. But still fast enough since she knew that she needed to hurry and get to Gabrielle. As she worked the stone up to where she could reach Xena heard Gabrielle cry out again. Xena instinctively looked towards Gabrielle who was on the ground. The distraction caused the stone to slip and fall back to the cave floor. Xena growled to herself as she looked at Kai to see if she noticed anything and was relieved that she apparently hadn't. Xena then looked back down at the stone as she thought of a better way to get a hold of it. She quickly examined her surroundings and did a few brief mental calculations before giving the stone a swift, hard kick. Sending it flying into a nearby rock where it ricocheted off and hit a stalagmite. From there it bounced upwards to a stalagtite that hung from the ceiling of the cave. It then flew, hit a wall and bounced off that too. It continued its flight through the air until it hit the palm of Xena's open, waiting hand. She quickly clasped her hand closed concealing the stone when Kai thought she saw something fly by her. Xena scowled at her before looking away. Kai’s attention was quickly drawn back to Gabrielle's cries that were becoming weaker as she faded in and out of consciousness.

KAI 
Too bad it doesn't seem like Gabrielle's gonna last much longer.

Xena knew that Kai was actually right about that and she needed to get to her fast. So with Kai distracted with watching the horrific scene, Xena hastily monuvered the relatively sharp stone in her hand and begin trying to quickly yet quietly cut through the rope. As Xena silently worked on freeing herself Celine was still getting far too much enjoyment out of contemplating how she wanted to kill Gabrielle as she continued to beat her. Gabrielle layed on the ground as Celine kicked her again. She barely even whimpered as she felt the darkness threatening to claim her consciousness. Celine finally settled on simply impaling Gabrielle on Xena's sword would be a suitable way of killing her. She took a firm hold of the blade and turned it so the point of the sword was facing down and raised it above her head with both hands.

CELINE 
Goodbye Gabrielle. I hope you rot in Tartarus forever for what you and Xena have done.

Celine was just about to sink the blade deep into Gabrielle's flesh when she paused, hearing something that caught her attention. She looked over towards the sound that was baby Aurora crying. She looked at the child in the distance for a moment before a purely evil thought entered her mind. She lowered the sword as she looked down at Gabrielle.

CELINE 
Actually I just got a better idea. Before I finish you. I’m gonna give both you and Xena a taste of what it's like to have someone you love be killed. 

Celine turned away and began walking towards Aurora.

GABRIELLE 
(Weakly) No.

Gabrielle desperately reached out and grabbed at Celine's ankle to stop her. Celine looked down and effortlessly pulled out of Gabrielle's grasp. As she continued towards the crying baby. Xena sped up her attempt to cut through the rope as she saw Celine moving towards her and Gabrielle's child. Kai just watched as Celine made her way towards her new target. Though barely conscious Gabrielle's material instincts seemed to force her body to move as she tried to get up and stop Kai before she could harm her child. But with Kai ahead of her, Gabrielle barely able to move, and Xena still trying to escape her bindings, there was barely any hope that either of them would make it in time to prevent Celine from killing their child.

 

Pt.15

The sound of a baby's cry echoed through the cave as Xena desperately tried to cut herself free from the rope restraing her with the sharpened stone that she had managed to get a hold of. Though getting through the rope was taking longer than Xena liked. And with Gabrielle barely able to even move and Celine making her way towards Aurora, Xena was running out of time. She pulled against the rope but it was still too strong and wouldn't give.

XENA 
(Angry tone) Celine you stay away from her! You hear me! If you lay a finger on my child the past crimes I've committed will pale in comparison to what I'll do to you and Kai!

Celine looked over at Xena for a moment as she smirked.

CELINE 
You don't scare me Xena. Even if you do kill me, with Gabrielle and the baby gone you'll be left with nothing. I will have succeeded in my goal. So I can die happy knowing that you'll be completely miserable and broken for the rest of your life.

KAI
That works for me.

 Xena yelled angerly pulling against the rope as.Celine continued walking. Though her advance towards the crying baby was stopped when she felt something on her leg. Celine looked down seeing that Gabrielle had managed to crawl to her while she was distracted by Xena and had latched onto her with both hands.

GABRIELLE 
I won't let you touch Aurora.

Gabrielle was breathing heavy as everything in her body screamed in pain. She was barely able to move or maintain consciousness as she bleed from multiple places but she refused to give anything less than everything she had. Driven by nothing more than the sheer desire and desperation to protect her daughter.

CELINE 
(Angry tone) You just don't know when to quit do you?

Celine angerly used her free foot to stomp on Gabrielle. Gabrielle yelled but didn't let go. Celine drove her boot down again. Gabrielle still refused to release her. Celine stomped on her again and again as Gabrielle cried out. Xena's escape efforts continued as she finally felt her making headway. But she was still becoming more than impatient with how long it was taking to cut herself lose.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) Come on damn it. Why’s this taking so long? What in Tartarus is this rope made of?

Fnally after everything Gabrielle had endured she simply didn't have the strength left to retain her hold on Celine as the Amazon yanked her leg free from Gabrielle's grip. In desperation Gabrielle tried to reach out and regain her hold but Celine stepped out of reach.

GABRIELLE 
No, no please don't.

Total fear took over as Gabrielle watched Celine make her way to Aurora. Picking up Xena's sword as she walked. Celine looked down into the basket where the baby layed.

CELINE 
Oh look at you.

She unfolded the blanket that was covering the baby as all Xena and Gabrielle could feel was pure dread and fear as they saw Celine with their child.

CELINE 
Let's get you out of this basket so your mother's can get a good view.

Celine placed the blade aside as she picked up Aurora and held her as she threw the basket aside. She then moved so that both Gabrielle and Xena had a clear view of their child as she layed her down on the rock where the basket had sat. Celine stood there for a moment looking down at the baby with her face completely devoid of any emotion.

CELINE 
It's truly unfortunate that you happened to have been born to two people who don't deserve to have anything good in their lives. But don't worry I'll be sure to make it fast. I want them to suffer not you.

Celine stood over Aurora as she picked up the sword again. She looked at the weapon for a moment as she made certain it was good and sharp. She then looked back down at the baby as she raised the blade above her head and gripped the handle with both hands as she aimed the point of the sword down towards Aurora. Both Xena and Gabrielle's eyes widened in absolute fear as they saw Celine about to kill their child.

XENA 
Aurora!!

GABRIELLE 
No!! 

With nothing more than the pure desire to protect her child driving her, Gabrielle's tortured body seemed to move on it's own. As she didn't think about how she.was able to stand, let alone move as fast as she did. Everything felt like a blur as sheer adrenaline and instint took over. It all happened so fast that Xena couldn't believe what she was seeing. Neither could kai. As they witnessed Gabrielle some how finding herself running towards Celine. All that was going through her head was protecting Aurora. Celine's attention was drawn to Gabrielle who yelled. She looked on in utter shock that Gabrielle was moving the way she was. Before Gabrielle knew it she had thrown herself over Aurora shielding her from Celine as she stared defyently at the other Amazon.

GABRIELLE 
I told you I won't let you hurt her.

CELINE 
Unfortunately you won't be able to stop me. Especially if you're laying on the ground bleeding out.

Gabrielle's mouth hung open as she suddenly felt a sharp pain when Celine plunged the daggers blade into her chest. Xena felt as though her heart had stopped as she saw Gabrielle slowly slump over Celine's shoulder. She watched as Celine pushed Gabrielle off her blade and she dropped to the ground in a crumpled heap as her eyes closed. Xena stared for what felt like an eternity but was only a few seconds as Gabrielle layed there completely still. The cave then echoed with a loud yell as Xena pulled at the weakened rope with all her strength causing it to finally give way. Xena's sudden furious yell caught both Celine and Kai’s attention. Though unfortunately for Kai, she was already within Xena's reach. And before she knew it Xena had grabbed her and smashed her head into the rocky cave wall. Kai’s vision blured for a moment as Xena drove her into the rocks a second time. She dropped to the ground as Xena let her go.

XENA 
(Cold tone) I'll finish dealing with you later. Then I'll show you the side of me that you claim to have learned so much about.

Xena gaze then turned to Celine who was still holding the blood coated dagger with the motionless Gabrielle at her feet.

XENA 
(Cold tone) But you Celine, are going to die first

 

Pt.16

Fueled by rage and the desire to save Gabrielle and Aurora, Xena moved fast as she lept at Celine. The Amazon quickly moved out of the way as Xena raced to Gabrielle's side.

XENA 
Gabrielle?

Xena gently and hesitantly touched Gabrielle's blood smeered face, but got no reaction as Gabrielle layed there unmoving. Xena quickly felt for a pulse and felt a bit of relief that Gabrielle was somehow still alive. At least for the time being. Her pulse was weak and blood was beginning to pool under her from where Celine had stabbed her. Not to mention all the other injuries she clearly had. All of which ment that unless she got serious help fast, it was practically guaranteed that Gabrielle would not survive to see another day. Xena quickly stood up as she looked for anything that could slow down the bleeding. She looked at Aurora who layed there looking up at her. Then Xena saw the blanket under her. She gently picked up the baby and grabbed the blanket before laying her back down.

XENA 
Sorry little one but your mommy needs this. You just sit tight while I help her. And we'll be out of here soon.

Xena quickly returned her focus on Gabrielle as she knelt next to her as she riped a piece of the blanket and folded it a couple times before pressing it against Gabrielle's wound to try and slow the bleeding. Xena then took the rest of the blanket and tied it securely around Gabrielle to hold the piece over the wound in place. As she worked Xena spoke to the unconscious Gabrielle.

XENA 
How many times am I going to be here, just hoping that I don't lose you? I need you to just hold on for me and for Aurora. You did it Gabrielle, you saved her. And once this is done she's gonna need both of her mothers to raise her. So you have to keep fighting. You hear me? I'll get us out of here soon I promise. 

Gabrielle just layed there as Xena finished doing what she could in the moment.

CELINE 
I don't know why you're bothering Xena. She's as good as dead already. You're just wasting your time.

Celine smiled as Xena glared up at her.

CELINE 
But this is what you get for you and Gabrielle taking my mother.

Xena stood up.

XENA 
(Cold tone) I’ll be fixing that and you'll be reunited with her very soon Celine.

KAI
There's the dark side that I knew was still there.

Xena looked to see Kai had gotten up from having her head smacked into the rocks. The Amazon held her head for a moment before looking at her hand and seeing a bit of blood from the small cut that Xena's attack when she first escaped. She scowled at Xena as she moved in closer. Xena didn't say anything. She was done talking. She needed to deal with Celine and Kai. And she needed to do it fast. Gabrielle's life depended on it.

KAI 
I guess Xena's done talking.

CELINE 
Fine with me. I have no desire to listen to her anyway. All that yelling and begging me to stop. This is far from the so called legendary Xena that I've heard people about. Between her and Gabrielle's pathetic attempts at fighting me off, It makes me seriously wonder how they managed to kill a great Amazonian fighter like my mother.

XENA 
I’ll show you.

Xena rushed in and punched Celine in the face. She then quickly followed up with several quick blows to Celine's midsection and finished the flurry with a hard uppercut to the Amazon's jaw. Celine was knocked back and hit the ground. Though she didn't stay down for long as she used the momentum and rolled back and landed crouched on one knee. She stared angerly at Xena as she rubbed the spot where Xena's fist had connected with her face. Xena stood ready for Celine to come back at her. She moved to the side when instead of Celine, Kai came at her with a sword that she had with her. Kai swung the blade again, Xena caught her wrist with one hand and drove her other elbow into the side of Kai’s head. Hearing Celine yelling from behind her as she swung her own sword at her, Xena drove her boot back and into Celine's stomach. She then pushed Kai away and turned towards Celine with a high spinning kick. It knocked the blade from Celine's grasp, sending it sliding a little across the cave floor out of all three’s immediate reach. There was momentary standstill as Kai slowly moved closer to Celine all the while not talking her eyes off Xena.

KAI 
As much as I hate to admit it, we'll never beat her like this. We're both gonna have to go in. We can't give her room to breathe.

CELINE 
Whatever we have to do is fine with me.

Hearing the exchange Xena readied herself. Raising her hands to her typical unarmed fighting stance. Celine and Kai spread out as they each moved around Xena in an effort to split her attention. Then Kai attacked swinging her weapon. As did Celine. Xena repeatedly dodged and blocked their strikes. Throwing in her own offense every opportunity she got. But fighting two skilled fighters simultaneously with no weapons was going to take too much time. As skilled of a fighter Xena was, time was one thing that she couldn't fight. And that was something she knew that Gabrielle was very rapidly running out of. Xena knew that she had to get her hands on a weapon if she had any hope of saving Gabrielle, if it wasn't too late already. She blocked another shot from Kai. Then shoved her back as Celine landed a glancing hit. Her blade cut Xena's arm. The pain only served to enrage Xena further as she let out an angery yell and landed a hard punch right in the middle of Celine's face. Celine yelped in pain as she backed off holding her face. She glared at Xena as she felt the blood running from her nose that was definitely broken. Kai threw herself at Xena from behind. Latching onto her back as she raised her dagger to stab Xena. Xena reached up and caught Kai’s arm, but received a hard punch to the face and a kick to the ribs from Celine. As she instinctively doubled over from the shot to her side, Xena used it as leverage to flip Kai off her back and on to Celine. Both Amazon's went down. While Celine and Kai were getting back up Xena took the opening she had just created and made a mad dash for her weapons. As Xena went for her sword Celine had gotten back to her feet and was racing after her swinging. As Xena got close to where her sword layed, she slid in. Taking a knee as she snatched up her swords handle and turned swinging the blade, blocking Celine's attack. With their blades locked Xena then used her superior strength to push her way back up to a standing position. The steel scraped together as the Xena and Celine fought for dominance. The struggle was broken up by Kai who landed a cheep shot to Xena's back. Celine used the distraction to her advantage and shoved Xena back as she followed up with a swing of her blade that caught the off balanced Xena in her side. Xena backed away a bit further as she held her side. The wound hurt but Xena didn't think it was anything too serious. She could still fight just fine. Though she was reminded of her need to hurry when her eyes were drawn to Gabrielle who was still lying in the same place she fell.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) A few more minutes Gabrielle. That's all I need to finish this. Then I'll get you and Aurora out of here and get you help. Please just make it a little longer.

 

Pt.17

Now armed with her sword Xena continued her fight against Celine and Kai. The urgency to end the confrontation quickly weighed heavily on Xena's mind as Gabrielle still remained on the ground unresponsive. Xena wished more than anything that she could just simply take Gabrielle and Aurora and run. Not because she didn't think that she could win the fight. But because Xena knew that this battle was eating away at any opportunity that she might have to save Gabrielle. Though she had done what she could to slow the bleeding, Xena knew it wasn't going to be enough. And if she didn't get Gabrielle actual medical attention fast she'd lose her forever. But Xena was also fully aware that just taking Gabrielle and Aurora and running simply wasn't an option. Neither Kai or Celine were going to allow that. And fighting her way out while protecting both Gabrielle and Aurora was something that would put the two in too much danger. Not to mention how Xena would even have the opportunity to get them both and carry them out. So with running out of the question Xena was left with no choice but to fight. Not that she didn't want to make the two pay for everything they've done anyway. She just did not like the time fairly short time limit that she was on. But she couldn't dwell on that, instead Xena put as much of her focus as she could on ending the fight with her Celine and Kai as quickly as possible. Xena knocked Kai down as Celine swung at her. She blocked the strike with her sword and shoved the Amazon back before driving her boot into her midsection. She then swung her sword in an upwards arch at Celine. Her attack was blocked by Kai who suddenly brought her weapon down before she could connect. This gave Celine an opening as she drove her blade right for Xena's chest. Quickly Xena forced both her and Kai’s blades up, causing all three weapons to clash. As the metal scraped together Kai and Celine worked together to overpower Xena. Both pushing down on her as Xena worked to hold them back. The vindictive Amazon's continued to press their weapons towards Xena. Slowly the force drove Xena to one knee as Celine and Kai kept up the pressure.

KAI 
I don't get why you're still fighting so hard Xena. Gabrielle's dead by now. And you're not getting out of here alive with that kid of yours either. So just give in and accept the fate you deserve.

CELINE 
(Sinister tone) And don't worry about your baby girl. Instead of killing her maybe I'll find somewhere I can send her. I hear that some people are willing to pay good money for children. And especially if their girls. I wonder how much I can get if I add that she's from an Amazon too.

The horror of what Celine was implying she would expose Aurora to was something that no parent ever wanted to imagine their child going through. The very thought made Xena sick as she knew that some Fates like that were infact worse than death. Whether Celine was telling the truth about her plans for Aurora or if she simply wanted to torment Xena further by planting such sick and disturbing images of her child in her mind. it didn't make any real difference. Either way Xena was never going to allow either Celine or Kai to ever lay a hand on Aurora, Gabrielle or anyone else she loved ever again. And there wasn't an army in the world that was big enough to stop her. Fueled even further by Celine's comments about Aurora, Xena dug deep inside herself and brought forth everything she had. With a furious yell Xena pushed hard as she rose quickly and shoved both Kai and Celine back. Wasting no time Xena let out her battle cry as she rushed for Celine. The Amazon barely had time to block Xena's attack. Xena immediately shoved her back and was about to run her sword through her when she heard Kai behind her. Quickly Xena ducked out of the way of her swing and kicked her foot back into Kai’s knee, causing her leg to go out from under her. As Kai dropped Xena lept up, flipping backwards and landing on her feet behind her. Kai quickly turned around to face Xena as she stood and was met with a sharp pain as Xena thrust her sword into Kai’s flesh. The Amazon let out an agonizing gasp feeling Xena wrench the blade inside her as she saw a look of burning rage and hated in Xena's eyes. Slowly Kai’s knees buckled and she sunk down. As she did Xena angled her weapon, allowing the woman to slide off her blade leaving a coating of her blood on it behind as she hit the ground. Celine stood there stunned as she watched Kai fall and just lay on the cave floor as her consciousness rapidly began to fade into nothing. Until a few minutes later Kai would take one final breath as death claimed her. Though nether Celine or Xena witnessed those final few minutes as Xena had quickly placed her focus on her remaining enemy and went right back on the offensive. But now with no back up to throw Xena off, Celine was suddenly finding it far more difficult to hold her own against the highly skilled and experienced warrior that Xena was. With Xena no longer needing to worry about the possibility of being to preoccupied by one opponent that the other would have the opportunity to go for Aurora or even Gabrielle to ensure that she was dead. She could put all of her efforts into putting an end to this nightmare as fast as she could. Now Xena only had Celine to contend with, the Amazon quickly learned just how out classed she was compared to Xena. Celine's attempts at offense were practically hopeless as Xena blocked, dodged or deflected every one of her attacks. Landing multiple hits on the Amazon as Celine did whatever she could to defend against Xena's onslaught. After several hard hits Celine was driven to the ground. Xena turned her blade down as she stood over her and drove the sword drown towards Celine. At the last moment Celine rolled out of the way as Xena's weapon dug into the earth where she had just been, narrowly missing Celine. The Amazon hastily grabbed a handful of dirt and threw it in Xena's face as she scrambled to get up and away from her. As Xena was distracted with trying to rub her eyes clear Celine moved fast as she went for the only thing that she thought would save her. After a moment Xena's vision cleared and she quickly looked for where Celine had gone. Though her search only took a few seconds when she spotted Celine standing beside Gabrielle's body as she held Aurora in her arms as she clenched her dagger in her hand. Celine let out a releaved laugh as she saw Xena turn towards her.

CELINE 
Now what Xena? I have the only thing in this world that you could possibly care about even more than Gabrielle. And with her gone if I take this one, you'll have nothing. So if I were you I'd drop your weapon right now. I won’t say it again.

Xena stood there with no emotion showing as her face or any in her voice. She didn't want to give Celine any more thanwhat she already had to work with when it came to using her concern forher child's safety against her.

XENA 
If I drop my weapon, what's to stop you from still killing her or doing the other things you said?

CELINE 
Because right now she's my ticket out of here and away from you. Plus if you don't I’ll just kill her right here and now. Then at least my last moments will be filled with the knowledge that you will have had everything you cared about taken from you. So it's your choice Xena. Watch your child die right in front of you or let both me and her leave here alive. And who knows once i’m gone maybe I'll even consider giving her to an actual decent home. 

Xena didn't say anything as she tried to find a way out of her situation. 

CELINE 
So what's it gonna be?

Xena knew that Celine was completely serious about killing Aurora and knew that she was left with no choice but to give in to her demands. So with a scowl Xena threw her sword down.

CELINE 
Good now kick it away. Don't need you getting any ideas when i get closer to you.

Again Xena did as instructed and slid her sword out of reach. Then with Aurora in her arms, Celine began walking towards the corridor of the cave which lead to exit with Xena never taking her eyes off of her.

CELINE 
Very good. Now I suggest you take one more good look at your daughter Xena because this is the last time you will ever see her.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Bard's Page

Back to the Academy