Pt.18

With a crowd of villagers on her heels, Xena raced through the village toward where she had heard Gabrielle yell from. She saw some women coming at her from up ahead and charged forward. The Aamazons held their weapons ready as they saw Xena heading their way. 

WILLOW
Don't let her escape. 

AMARICE
You're not getting out of this Xena. 

Xena's only response was a focused look as she ran straight at them. The other women stood firm in their resolve to stop Xena. With neither side showing no intention of backing down the two quickly collided as Xena proceeded to fight her way through this group of villagers. 

WILLOW
You don't get to get out of paying for what you've done Xena. 

Xena ducked out of the way of Willow's swinging staff. She then threw a punch into her side followed by a kick. Xena then grabbed hold of the staff and pulled. She dragged Willow down as the Amazon held on to her weapon and Xena dropped to her back, planted her boots in Willow's stomach, and flipped her up over her head. Willow flew in an arch before landing flat on her back above Xena who continued her momentum as she rolled backwards and landed on top of her. Wasting no time Xena gave Willow a hard punch to the side of the head. The blow caused her vision to blur before she was hit again and fell unconscious. More Amazons came her way as Xena dove from on top of Willow and dodged an incoming strike. As she moved Xena snatched up Willow's dropped staff and rolled before getting to her feet and facing more oncoming villagers. Now armed with something that she didn't have to worry too much about being lethal, Xena gave the staff in her hands a flashy spin as she prepared to force her way through the village to get to Gabrielle, Aurora, and Alti. The next to come at Xena directly was Amarice. She swung her sword and Xena dodged. As Xena moved another couple of women came at her, Xena held the staff up in a defensive position and blocked before shoving them back. Sensing someone behind her, Xena spun and stepped out of the way as Amarice missed her attack from behind and felt the sting of the staff Xena had cracked against her back. The shot dropped Amarice to a knee and Xena dodged another incoming attack from another villager as she pivoted in the opposite direction of her previous spin and swung an end of the staff in an upward arch sending it into Amarice's jaw. The hit sent Amarice to her back where she stayed gripping her chin and was certain that she wouldn't be eating any solid foods for a good while after that hit. Xena continued her fight as she took down several more Amazons that came her way. 

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) I don't have time for this. I have to get to Gabrielle and Aurora before Alti gets them. 

The Amazons attacked from all sides as Xena blocked and dodged most of the hits. However, being vastly outnumbered and fighting with nonlethal force was beginning to become more and more of a problem for Xena as she didn't have the time to incapacitate the women she had already fought off. This led to those villagers repeatedly getting back up despite being hurt and coming after Xena again and again. But still, she fought and pushed her way bit by bit towards where she heard Gabrielle yell from. Xena shoved a couple of women off of her and made a painful yell as another Amazon managed to land a glancing strike of her spear on Xena's side. Xena scowled as she grabbed hold of the pole of the weapon with one hand and yanked it along with its wielder towards her as she raised her other arm and smashed her elbow into the Amazon's face. The woman fell back to the ground with her face in her hands as she held her bleeding, shattered nose. 

XENA
(angry tone) Thats it. I've had enough of this. 

With a powerful, broad swing of the staff she still held, Xena knocked down the several women directly in front of her. She then unleashed her battle cry as she took a leap forward and drove one end of the staff into the ground. The momentum launched Xena into the air as let go of the weapon, tucked and flipped in midair as she went over the group before landing on the other side where she now had a clear path of escape. The mob turned towards her as Xena grabbed the closest one to her and landed punch to her face as she took the woman's blade and shoved her back into the crowd. 

XENA
Don't mind me I just need to borrow this. 

Gripping the sword she knew she would need to face off against Alti, Xena took off running as she she rushed to get to Gabrielle and Aurora. Xena raced towards where she hoped Gabrielle still was when she had heard her yell not long ago. While running Xena suddenly felt herself get thrown through the air. She hit the side of a building and crashed right through the wall and into the small house. Xena groaned in pain as she slowly sat up from the pile of debris. Still without her armor, Xena's body took the full force of the impact as was made apparent by the pained expression on her face. Feeling a sharp pain in her upper arm, Xena looked and saw a good-sized sliver of broken wood embedded in her bicep. With a painful grimace, Xena gripped the piece of wood and pulled it out of her flesh before tossing it aside as a small stream of blood began to run down her arm. With only a few other minor slivers and scrapes that could be ignored for the time being and not feeling and internal injuries, Xena looked and quickly spotted the sword she had as she reached over and picked it up before slowly getting back to a vertical base with a pained groan. 

ALTI
Going somewhere, Xena? 

Hearing Alti's voice right behind her Xena turned as she swung her sword. Alti caught the blade in her hand and was unaffected by its sharp edge as she gave an evil smile. Xena scowled. 

XENA
What's wrong Alti, I thought you were going after Gabrielle and our daughter. 

ALTI
I decided that you require my attention far more. Since no one else here can seem to handle you, I'll just have to deal with you myself. 

Before Xena knew what was happening, Alti used her power to throw her back through the now gaping hole in the building and onto the ground just outside. Xena rolled over and got to her hands and knees as she watched Alti walk towards her. 

ALTI
(sinister tone) But don't worry I've made sure to send someone else in my place to get rid of them for me. 

Without another word, Alti swept her hand and used her power to toss Xena to the side. Xena hit the ground hard and she fought to get back up as she tried to think of how she was going to stop Alti, and save the village and her family. 

EPHINY
Behind you Gabrielle. 

Gabrielle ducked at Ephiny's warning as she avoided an incoming arrow. 
All while Xena was fighting her way to freedom, Gabrielle and Ephiny we're facing their own battle as they drew closer to where Xena was in the distance and saw her get thrown out of a busted-up building. 

GABRIELLE
Xena! 

Closing in Gabrielle got down from her horse as she ran towards Xena with her sais drawn as she left Aurora with Ephiny. A swing of a blade suddenly came at her out of nowhere and she leaned back as she raised her weapons and deflected the attack before driving the bottom of one of her sais into the Amazon's face and grabbed her wrist as she twisted the woman's arm and flipped her to the ground. She continued running for a bit longer and pushing towards Xena but was forced to stop when she saw Clover who had regained consciousness after being knocked out by Xena standing in front of her. She had an extremely angry look on her face as she tightly gripped her battle axe with both hands. 

CLOVER
(Angry tone) Okay, now I'm really pissed. 

Gabrielle looked around as a large number of the villagers began to close in from behind. Surrounding her, Ephiny and Aurora. Knowing there was no way for them to escape, Gabrielle stood certain that this was about to be the end of all of them as Clover stalked closer to Gabrielle. 

XENA
No Gabrielle run! 

Xena struggled to get up but couldn't as Alti tossed her again and sent her collapsing with a nearby tree. Xena crash into it and slumped down against it. 

ALTI
just give up Xena. It's over for you, Gabrielle and this village. 

Xena attempted to push herself up but was stopped when Alti used her power to throw several large jagged pieces of the broken wall of the building she sent Xena through before at Xena. Too injured to move fast enough Xena was impaled by the jagged projectiles and sunk back down to the ground were she remained unmoving as Gabrielle saw what happened and yelled in horror. 

GABRIELLE
Xena!! 

TO BE CONTINUED...

 

Bard's Page

Back to the Academy