Pt.5

With an injured Clover seated in front of Xena and Aurora riding with Gabrielle, the four hastily moved toward the secret village. Fortunately, despite being gone for a bit, Xena and Gabrielle had been traveling at a fairly leisurely pace so they actually hadn't gotten all that far from the village. So if they kept up a good pace and didn't run into trouble along the way, Xena estimated that they would be able to make it back to the village in a little over a week. Though based on what Clover had told them, even going at the much faster speed, both Xena and Gabrielle just hoped that they wouldn't be too late.

AMARICE
Allllmost. Allllmost.

An annoyed sigh came from behind her and she lowered her bow as she looked over her shoulder.

AMARICE
You're not helping.

EPHINY
As interim queen, this is not my job Amarice.

AMARICE
Then why agree to help me in the first place?

EPHINY
I've been asking myself that same question for the past two hours.

AMARICE
Fine, I'll take this last shot and we'll be done.

EPHINY
Fine.

Amarice returned her attention forward and readied her bow as she pulled back on the string and took aim at the tree she'd been practicing on.

EPHINY
(Muttering to herself) Finally.

AMARICE
I heard that.

Just as Amarice finished speaking she released the bowstring and sent the arrow flying into the tree.

AMARICE
Yes! Right on target.

EPHINY
You know if you're trying to get better at hunting using a tree isn't exactly the best thing to practice on.

AMARICE
I told you before my hunting skills are fine. It's this new bow that's the problem. It's different from the kind I'm used to.

EPHINY
So go back to the other one.

AMARICE
This one's supposed to be better for taking down bigger game.

EPHINY
If you say so.

The two retrieved the scattered arrows and were walking towards where they had tied their horses. Though from a different tribe, Amarice had decided to stay with Ephiny's for a while instead of traveling all the way back to hers. Plus she figured that she could pick up some different skills and the like to bring back to her tribe when she did eventually return. Which had been why she was with Ephiny and Valassca originally when they had run into Xena and Gabrielle before going with them to the secret village. Once all set Amarice got on her horse and was ready to go when she saw Ephiny looking off into the distance.

AMARICE
What?

EPHINY
There's a couple horses coming this way. And they're coming fast.

AMARICE
You don't think they're coming for us?

EPHINY
I doubt it, but you know how people can be towards Amazons. I'd rather avoid any unnecessary hassle if we can. Come on let's get out of sight until they pass.

Ephiny turned her horse to ride off as Amarice focused on the oncoming figures to try and see what they might be dealing with. As they got closer and came into focus Amarice was surprised by what she saw.

EPHINY
Amarice come on. What are you doing?

AMARICE
Ephiny, look.

Ephiny returned her attention to the approaching horses to see what Amarice was trying to point out.

AMARICE
Is it just me or does that look like...

As they got closer Ephiny and Amarice recognized the two riders and were fairly surprised by what they saw.

EPHINY
Gabrielle, Xena. Wait... who's that with them?

AMARICE
I'm gonna take a guess and say you're not talking about Aurora.

EPHINY
No. Come on let's go see if they need help.

The two rode towards the oncoming Xena and Gabrielle who spotted them heading their way.

GABRIELLE
Xena look up ahead. Is that Ephiny?

XENA
Yeah. Looks like Amarice is with her. They must've been in the area and spotted us.

It wasn't long until the two groups met up and stopped for a moment.

AMARICE
Xena, Gabrielle, everything okay?

Finally getting a good look at the addition to Xena and Gabrielle's group, both Ephiny and Amarice were shocked by who they saw.

EPHINY
Wait a minute is that Clover? What's she doing here?

XENA
We don't fully know ourselves.

Xena quickly explained what Clover had told them and that they were now heading back to the secret village to see what they could do to help.

AMARICE
In that case, we should come too. If it's that serious we can't just walk away from this.

EPHINY
Good point. Xena?

XENA
Well based on what we saw when we found Clover, I think the village might be in serious danger. So given that we don't know what we're dealing with I'm sure we can use all the help we can get.

GABRIELLE
I agree.

EPHINY
Well, Gabrielle, it looks like you might be needing your title as queen back for a bit.

GABRIELLE
Looks that way. I just wish it didn't have to be for something like this.

With Ephiny and Amarice joining them the group resumed their journey back to the secret village. It was a day later when a couple of travelers headed along a row of trees.

WILLOW
Are you sure about this Cora? I don't mean to question your ability but I just don't get why they would tell you to do this.

CORA
I don't understand why either. But what I do know is that they told me that I needed to get you and come out here.

WILLOW
And do what, just sit around and wait for who knows what to show up?

CORA
Essentially.

Willow sighed as she walked around the area as Cora sat cross-legged on the ground with her eyes closed waiting for a sign for what they should do next.

WILLOW
Are you sure you didn't I don't know, hear your spirits wrong or just have a weird dream or something.

CORA
(Slightly annoyed tone) First of all, they're not my spirits, you know I hate it when you say stuff like that. And no, I didn't just "hear them wrong".

Cora opened her eyes and looked up at Willow.

CORA
The spirit that came to me seemed very restless and frightened. Something's wrong Willow and I have a feeling that whatever it is going to get a lot worse.

WILLOW
And your spirit friends think we can do something about it?

Cora ignored Willow's wording involving her relationship with the spirits as she felt it was more important to move the conversation forward.

CORA
They're not sure. But the feeling they gave me made it seem like whatever it is will have an unbelievable impact on everything we know if we don't manage to stop what's happening.

WILLOW
The way you say it makes it sound like we have to stop the world from ending.

CORA
Because in a manner of speaking that might very well be the case.

The two rode for a bit longer before Cora stopped causing Willow to come to a halt as well.

CORA
They're coming.

WILLOW
What, who? Where?

CORA
Behind us.

Willow looked back at the empty road for a moment.

WILLOW
I don't see anything.

CORA
They'll be here in a moment.

Willow looked at Cora.

WILLOW
Let me guess you're spirits told you that too.

CORA
Yes actually.

Willow groaned in annoyance as Cora turned her horse around the meet the travelers face to face. With Willow following suit. After a moment Willow noticed Cora smile.

WILLOW
What?

CORA
I see now. Of course, that's what brought us here. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

WILLOW
What are you talking about now? What are you saying brought us here besides you and your ever-mysterious spirits?

Cora motioned ahead just as a small group came riding into view.

CORA
Them.

Willow looked and then sighed when she noticed just who it was that the group consisted of.

WILLOW
Damn if we're running into those two and the rest of 'em again that means you're probably right about there being some serious trouble coming.

CORA
Let's meet up with them. I'm sure they'll fill us in on whatever's happening.

So Cora and Willow rode up and met with the other travelers who stopped when they saw them approaching.

GABRIELLE
Willow, Cora what are you doing here?

Willow pointed to Cora.

WILLOW
Ask this one's spirits, they're the ones that sent us out here.

After giving Willow an annoyed look, Cora quickly explained what she had told Willow about the spirits warning.

XENA
The way you say it makes it sound like the whole world is about to end.

WILLOW
That's exactly what I said.

CORA
Hey, I'm just telling you what I felt from the spirits.

XENA
Well either way we have to get back to the village fast. And since you were apparently sent here by those spirits I'm gonna assume that you two are coming back with us.

WILLOW
It sure seems that way.

CORA
Hey is Clover gonna be okay?

The injured Clover smiled from her spot in front of Xena.

CLOVER
(Weak tone/ Joking) Oh yeah, this is... just a scratch. Honestly, I've never... felt better.

XENA
(Joking) Yeah as you can see she's holding up just fine.

Xena patted Clover's shoulder firmly as she spoke to her.

XENA
(Joking) And sure keep talking big smart ass and you can walk back to the village.

Xena looked at the now larger group as she moved Argo ahead of the others.

XENA
Well now that we have Cora and Willow, what do you say we get back and get the whole gang back together to defend that village?

GABRIELLE
Let's go.

So with with everyone who had left the village not long ago reunited, they along with the injured Clover moved onward towards the secret village. But as the group rode towards their destination, none of them, including Xena, Gabrielle, or even Cora herself knew the true magnitude of the warning she had received from the spirits. Because the events that would soon take place in the shortcoming days would drastically alter all of their lives and possibly the entire known world forever.

Pt.6

Dark clouds swept in across the sky like an omen as after another several days of traveling had passed Xena, Gabrielle, and the rest of their group finally reached an area overlooking the valley where the hidden entrance to the secret village layed. As they stopped their horses and looked out at the scenery the group witnessed a terrible sight.

GABRIELLE
God's this awful. This place looks like a battlefield.

CLOVER
Shit,.. they made it here before I... could get back.

Though the situation looked grim, Xena was quick to point out a silver lining amidst all of the carnage.

XENA
Well given that there are women from the village just walking around out here, we can take it as a sign that at least the village as a whole is likely still standing. So at least that's something.

She then took a moment to scan the area and examine their surroundings to see if she could sense any incoming danger.

XENA
There doesn't appear to be any enemies around right now. Come on we should head in while there seems to be a break in the fighting. Hopefully, once we're inside we can get a better sense of what's been going on here and see what we can do to help.

With that Xena and the others rode down towards the village entrance. They made sure to keep a steady, non-threatening pace as they appeared so they wouldn't cause a commotion with the villagers who were likely on edge and ready to take down anything that came near their home. As they rode across the field the group maneuvered their mounts around the littering of corpses that layed spread out on the ground. Some unknowns with the same strange paleness from the enemies where they had found Clover. While others were Amazons from the village. As the whole group moved closer to the village in silence they all felt a sense of heartbreak for the loss of so many of their friends, commands, and fellow Amazon sisters. Xena, who was leading the group, fell back a bit to ride beside Gabrielle. She could see a deeply distraught look in Gabrielle's eyes as she held Aurora close and facing her, doing her best to shield the little girl from the carnage surrounding them. Knowing nothing she could say would make her feel better, Xena simply reached over and placed a comforting hand on her arm. Seemingly pulled from a trance, Gabrielle slowly looked over at Xena with tears in her eyes.

GABRIELLE
(Sad tone) So many of the people we knew here are just gone. Killed. And by who? For what? We've only been gone for a short time and all of this happened. Why?

Xena remained silent, knowing that was a rhetorical question. The two rode quietly for a few moments before Gabrielle spoke again as she tightened her grip on Arrian's reigns and kept her attention forward and her grief turned to anger which Xena could notice in her body language even though her voice sounded neutral.

GABRIELLE
We have to stop whoever's behind this. We can't let this village and its people be destroyed. Xena...

XENA
We won't let that happen. Whatever's going on here we'll put a stop to it and save this place. I promise you that we will do EVERYTHING we can to protect these people. Okay?

Gabrielle looked forward again as she nodded slightly and Xena gave Gabrielle's arm a light squeeze before letting go and returning her gaze ahead. During this time the injured Clover who was still riding with Xena had remained quiet as she felt an overwhelming rage and grief stirring within as she saw so many of her fellow tribe and the women that she had known her whole life laying slaughtered just outside of their home. A small part of her wished that she had just been killed with the others who had gone out to cut off the enemy. At least then she wouldn't have had to see the distraction that had made its way to the only home she'd ever known. The group continued forward for a short time until Ephiny spoke up.

EPHINY
Look up there.

The rest of the group took notice of what Ephiny was pointing out as they saw a number of villagers walking around up ahead.

XENA
Well, there's some good news that there are survivors at least.

As they drew closer the group noticed the villagers doing something that seemed very odd.

AMARICE
What are they doing? It looks like they're stabbing at the dead enemies.

WILLOW
I guess they're really pissed off at these guys for attacking them.

XENA
I doubt it. Clover?

CLOVER
(Weak tone) I don't know. Me and the others have... been gone for... a bit. So I'm not sure... what's been happening here. Though it's... much worse than I had feared it would be.
(Weak/ angry tone) Damn it!

XENA
Easy, you get too worked up and you'll exacerbate your injuries. I only did what I could at the moment. You're still in pretty bad shape.

CLOVER
(Weak/ angry tone) Xena these are my people and my home, how do you expect me to stay calm right now?

XENA
I know that Clover. Just try, we're almost inside.

EPHINY
Looks like they spotted us.

Xena and the others continued slowly as the villagers finally took notice of them and a few ran back towards the village entrance as others came towards them one of them being Skyla who picked up the pace once she recognized who they were and even more so when she saw Clover was with them. The group stopped as Skyla reached them and moved to the side of Argo to see Clover.

SKYLA
Clover no... What happened? Where's everyone else?

CLOVER
(Weak/ sad tone) Gone, all of them. I would've been too if.... Xena and Gabrielle hadn't found me.... when they did. I'm sorry we couldn't stop them.... from getting here.

Skyla fought back her tears as she reached up and held Clover's hand.

SKYLA
Don't be. I know you did everything you could. I'm just happy that you made it back.

The two managed a smile at one another as after a moment Skyla let Clover go and looked at Xena and the others.

SKYLA
Thank you all for saving Clover and bringing her home.

XENA
I'm just sorry we didn't find the others in time to save anyone else.

SKYLA
I know you would have if you could.

Skyla looked at Gabrielle as she gave her queen and good friend a sad smile.

SKYLA
But now that you guys are here maybe we can turn this mess around and stop these things from killing any more of us. Because if there's anyone who can step in and save the day it's you two.

GABRIELLE
You make it sound like we're a couple of super-powered demigoddesses or something. But I swear Xena, myself and everyone else here are gonna do everything we can to save your home Skyla.

Gabrielle looked at Xena who reiterated her promise before changing the subject.

XENA
We should get Clover inside and to the healers. Who I'm sure unfortunately have their hands full enough already. Once we're inside I'll see what I can do to help.

SKYLA
I know even though your taking charge in there annoyed them at times, I'm sure that they'll be happy to have you back in the infirmary right now.

Skyla turned around to lead the group inside as she looked over her shoulder at Gabrielle and managed a smile that was similar to the normal cheerful expression that she typically wore.

SKYLA
I know it hasn't been that long but it's good to see you again. I've missed you guys. Welcome back, Your Highness.

She then turned forward as her smile faded and she led Gabrielle and everyone else in the group into the village along with a number of others who had been out there with her. Once within the village, Xena passed Clover off to some of the villagers inside and she was brought to the healers as Xena Gabrielle and everyone else in their group dismounted their horses and let them be taken to the field with the other horses that belonged to the women of the village. After telling Sky)a, Gabrielle, and the others to spread word for everyone available to gather in the village hall, Xena hurried off to the infirmary to see if there was anything that required her immediate attention. After the surviving and able-bodied women who weren't either the healers, the few others who had chosen to stay with their injured loved ones or guards were gathered, Xena headed to the village hall. She sighed to herself as she had done what she could for a few emergency cases with the healers and got cleaned up before heading over to meet with everyone else who were anxiously waiting to see what would happen to their village and their people next. Everyone who was talking quieted down as they heard the door open and turned to see Xena walk inside. Xena moved up the center of the large room and the eyes of the crowd returned their attention forward as she made it to the front of the room and stood next to where Gabrielle sat in her thone-like chair with Ephiny standing on the other side of her as had been done multiple times before when Gabrielle needed to act as queen into an official compacity. Aurora was sitting in Amarice's lap as she sat in the crowd with the others which aside from the other familiar faces from the village included Iris, Fauna, Willow, Cora, and even Skyla who had wanted to stay with Clover in the infermery, but after Clover had insisted that she would be okay and that Skyla should attend the meeting with the others, reluctantly Skyla did just that although she wasn't at all happy about it, even with Xena easing her concerns and told her that Clover should be okay now that she had gotten proper medical treatment. So with everyone who was able to be there in attendance, Gabrielle looked out at the much smaller crowd than in past instances of holding meetings and felt the gravity of the situation bearing down on her as she gripped the arms of her seat as she tried to calm herself from becoming emotional, knowing that then was not the time or the place for that. The people there needed a strong queen to lead them. Especially now. Though for an exact reason that escaped her, Gabrielle was finding it much more difficult to go to that place she went to enter her "queen mode" than normal. She closed her eyes as she tried to go to that place and got nothing. After a moment she opened her eyes when she felt something come to rest on her shoulder. She looked over knowing what it was and saw Xena right beside her. Feeling better with the reassurance that Xena was right there with her to face whatever it was that everyone there was up against, Gabrielle took a deep breath as she calmed her nerves, closed her eyes, and let herself slip into that place that she knew she needed to go for this. After a moment Gabrielle opened her eyes once more now fully emerced in her "queen mode" as she looked out at the crowd looking back at her and waiting for her to lead them through the turmoil that they all now found themselves embroiled in. Which was exactly what Gabrielle intended to do as she began to speak and got the meeting underway. But unfortunately even with everything else that she had endured and came through victorious in the end, what layed ahead for her, Xena, and everyone within that village would quickly prove to become not only one of the toughest tests to her ability and resolve that Gabrielle would have ever faced this far in her role as the Amazon queen, but in her entire life.

TO BE CONTINUED...   

Pt.7

Within the village main hall, Gabrielle sat before the villagers able to be in attendance. Xena stood on one side of where she sat, while Ephiny stood on the other. All three were anxious to try and figure out just what had happened during their relatively short absence. After taking a moment to gather her thoughts and fully immersed in her "queen mode", Gabrielle raised her hand to quiet the crowd, to which they all responded accordingly. After lowering her hand back to the armrest of her chair, Gabrielle took a breath and looked out at the women in the room for a moment before she began to speak.

GABRIELLE
Okay, I've already seen the destruction outside and just how many of the women here have lost their lives to the enemy. I can see that it's not looking good for everyone here, but now that myself, Xena, and the others are here we'll help you protect this place and everyone here. But given that we've been gone for a bit, other than Clover telling us that you spotted a suspicious army coming here so a group was sent to investigate and then all killed except for Clover, we're walking into this situation blind. So before we do anything I need someone to fill us in on any information you have.

Fauna stood from her seat and explained what they knew about the situation.

FAUNA
After Clover and her group left, we waited for them to send word about what we might be dealing with, but when it never came and then saw the enemy nearing the village we knew that they weren't a friendly force. So we gathered our defenses and have been trying to hold them back since. Unfortunately due to our focus being on defense, couldn't send out a search party for Clover and her group.
(Sad tone) However, after what we witnessed during the fighting, we assumed that they were all killed. And I suppose except for Clover who was fortunate enough for you and Xena to find her, we were right.

Gabrielle sighed sadly as she recalled the disturbing carnage she and Xena had seen when they found Clover and then again just outside of the village. Who would do this and why? Not to mention how? Did word somehow get out about the village? Gabrielle was confident that none of the non-native residents who had stayed there including herself and Xena would have told anyone about this place. So how did such a massive force find them? And what were they after? Hopefully, the villagers in the room would at least have some answers to the plethora of questions that Gabrielle had swirling around in her head as she tried to piece together the scenario that she, Xena, and the rest of the people there had now found themselves in.

GABRIELLE
Do you know who you're up against?

FAUNA
No. We've seen no signs of a banner or leader. In fact, the enemy doesn't even seem to wear any kind of matching armor or clothing.

GABRIELLE
What about demands? Do we know what they want?

FAUNA
Unfortunately, we don't. We've tried to get in contact with whomever their leader is but all efforts of communication have been unsuccessful. None of them will even listen to us at all.

GABRIELLE
Could it be a language issue that's stopping communication?

FAUNA
No, it doesn't seem that way. While we haven't exactly sat down and spoken with the enemy, during the fighting we can clearly understand one another perfectly.

GABRIELLE
Just how big is this army? We saw a lot of them dead. Their numbers must be dropping.

FAUNA
We thought so too after the first couple of days. But each time they come back their numbers don't seem to be affected. It's almost like there's no end to them.

Gabrielle thought for a moment as she tried to think about who the enemy could be but nothing came to mind.

GABRIELLE
So what I'm hearing is that we're dealing with a seemingly unending force that we basically know nothing about.

No one responded as Gabrielle sighed and tried to think of anything else that might help give them more information about what exactly they were up against.

XENA
There's something that I've been wondering about when we were just riding in.

FAUNA
What's that?

XENA
The bodies, why were your people attacking the enemy corpses?

GABRIELLE
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It did seem strange. Why were you guys doing that Fauna?

FAUNA
We were making sure they were dead.

XENA
I saw those bodies out there and they already looked pretty dead to me.

FAUNA
You would think so but who or whatever were up against seems to be much more durable than the average people.

XENA
Meaning?

FAUNA
Meaning a hit or injury that would kill or incapacitate anyone else, well except maybe you Xena, doesn't take them down permanently. They'll go down for a little bit but then they just keep getting back up unless we cause severe damage to them. That's why we we checking those bodies outside.

Gabrielle looked at Xena as she noticed her becoming thoughtful.

GABRIELLE
What?

XENA
I knew something about some of those bodies from where we found Clover seemed odd. The ones outside look the same way.

GABRIELLE
But what does it mean?

XENA
I don't know. None of this seems to make sense. I'm not sure what it is, but everything about this feels like there's something more going on here. Who or whatever is behind this is serious. Whatever they want with this village, they're obviously determined to get it.

GABRIELLE
But based on what we just heard how do we stop them?

XENA
I don't know. I'm gonna have to see what exactly we're dealing with first before anything.

GABRIELLE
So we just have to sit around and wait for the next time they decide to attack? Xena, there has to be a better option. We don't even know if or when they'll be back.

XENA
Based on what we know, I'm certain that they'll be back. We don't know what it is but they obviously have some reason for attacking the village. And given that they hadn't actually taken anything other than the lives of some of the women here and keep coming back, they're after something other than just blood.
Which is why until they come back we need to bolster the village defenses and prepare every able-bodied fighter for when they strike next.
(Angry tone) We might be blind going in, but when whoever these bastards are come back, I Will get to the bottom of what they're after and make sure that when we're done with them, whatever's left of their forces live to regret ever coming after this village or its people.

Gabrielle saw the intense look in Xena's eyes and knew that even though she wasn't an Amazon or lived here anymore, this village and its people were just as important to her as they were to Gabrielle and everyone else there. This village had been their home for a long time, and because of everything that had happened and the friends they had made there, it meant a lot to both Xena and Gabrielle. This was why it angered Xena so much that they were all in danger from an unknown enemy that obviously had no issue with slaughtering nearly half of the village who had come out to stop them. Xena felt a light touch on her arm that brought her attention away from her rage as she looked down at Gabrielle who wore an understanding expression. As she too felt the same anger and sadness for what was happening to the people that they had become so close to.

XENA
We'll stop whoever's behind this. I swear it.

GABRIELLE
So what do you wanna do? Start setting up the village defenses?

XENA
Yeah. I think that'll be our best move. It'll be smarter to do that now before they come back. This way when they do we'll be...

Xena was suddenly cut off mid-sentence as the doors to the village hall were flung open as a slightly out of breath guard rushed inside and the whole room turned around when they heard the commotion of her hurried entrance.

VILLAGE GUARD
Just over the hill, the enemy, they're coming back.

The crowd immediately became restless as they talked amongst themselves and stood up as they turned to Gabrielle and Xena for their leadership on what they should do. Even though Xena wasn't technically one of them, they all trusted her and knew that if anyone could stop the seemingly never-ending army they had been fighting for weeks it would be her. Along with Gabrielle who as their queen was skilled in her own right. The situation had seemed hopeless for the women of the village up until then. But now with Gabrielle, Xena, and the others back, the residents of the village had a renewed sense of optimism that they could stop and hopefully drive off the enemy that had been plaguing them for good.

EPHINY
Gabrielle, you're our queen, and Xena you're, well...you. What do we do?

Gabrielle looked at Xena as she stood up.

GABRIELLE
This is more your area of expertise than mine. I'll let you take the lead on this. What do you wanna do?

Xena put her hand on Gabrielle's shoulder and smiled slightly.

XENA
No Gabrielle you're their queen, so the only way this will work is if you're leading these people.

Gabrielle put her hand over Xena's.

GABRIELLE
Okay, then we'll do this together like we always do.

XENA
I wouldn't want it any other way.

GABRIELLE
Good, it's settled. So then Xena what do "we" wanna do?

XENA
I'll tell you what we're gonna do.

Xena gave Gabrielle's shoulder a gentle squeeze as she looked out at the crowd before letting go and stepping forward to rally the room for battle.

XENA
We're gonna get out there and we're gonna fight. We're not gonna let those bastards take anything more than what they already have. We're gonna avenge your fallen sisters when destroy these animals and drive whatever's left of them when we're done them right back into whatever hole they crawled out of. We're gonna show them what happens when you screw with the women of this village and make them regret ever even thinking of coming after this place.

The crowd roared in their readiness to fight and defend their home. Seeing that her short rally speech worked to fire everyone up, Xena raised her fist in the air as she gave Gabrielle a look for her to finish up. Which Gabrielle did.

GABRIELLE
Now let's go and protect this place. For the village!

CROWD
For the village!!!

With a rallied spirit the villagers quickly filled out of the village hall as many of them hurried to prepare for battle. Including Xena, Gabrielle, and the others. But even with little time to get ready and facing an unknown enemy, Xena and Gabrielle were determined to protect the village. But they and the others would find doing so far more difficult than they could have ever thought. As many of the strange unknowns of the situation would soon come to light which would be ironic as the upcoming battle would also lead to a series of dark and tragic events. Of which none of them could have ever foreseen.

TO BE CONTINUED...

 

Bard's Page

Back to the Academy