Gauntlet

Email- tgirl159tgirl159@gmail.com 

 

GAUNTLET 

Summary:
As Xena and Gabrielle try to free a large group of slaves, they go undercover to take down the massive slaver operation from within. Gabrielle posses as a wealthy and powerful noble in the market for new slaves or "merchandise". And Xena goes undercover as a slave. Things seem to be going according to plan until Xena allows herself be put up for auction in an effort to weed out the person running the whole thing and Gabrielle is unexpectedly out bid. Xena is then forcibly taken and held as an actual slave by the person running everything. After a confrontation involving some of the guards, Xena's "owner" sees Xena's fighting skills and is impressed. He eventually decides to offer Xena a chance to win her freedom if she can complete a series of battles against his best fighters that help him find and capture his slaves. Soon Xena is an arena fighter by day as she and Gabrielle secretly work to tople the slave empire behind the scenes.

(WARNING: The following story contains strong language, graphic descriptions of violence, explicit sex, as well as dark subject matter and content. So that being said if you're fine with reading stuff that includes that sort of thing then enjoy. If not this story is probably not for you. And to those who do read on, enjoy 😁)

 

Wagon wheels rolled down a dirt road as it made it's way towards a large impound. The horse a head walked at a decent pace pulling the cart along as the driver glanced back at the cargo they had in the cart behind them. A small evil smile crossed his face as he saw the huddled group of people crammed in the back of his cart. He then turned his attention back ahead as they drew closer to the gate. The people the back being transported all wore shackles around their wrist, ankles and neck. Chains connected them to one another with the end security fastened the the front of the cart. Among the group were men, women and even children. All of them carrying looks of depression, fear and dread on their tired faces. All that is except one who sat stoicly with their head hung low as they covertly assessed their surroundings. The cart drew to a slow stop.as it reached the gate of the large compound. The driver sat and waited as a couple of guards walked to the back of the cart and looked at the people it carried. The guards nodded at each other and moved back to the large gate and pulled on a rope, ringing a bell. Moments later the large doors were slowly pushed open from the inside by a few more guards. The driver of the cart got his horse moving again and steered them all towards the designated area for drop off. Once stopped the driver got down and went to the back of the cart as a number of armed guards came over. He took out a key, tossed it to one of the guards and walked away. The guard got to the front of the cart and unlocked the chain that held the prisoners to the cart as another instructed the people in the cart to stand.

GUARD
Simple rules. Cause any kind of trouble, you get punished. Try to escape, get punished. Piss of the wrong person, well I'm sure you get the point. Now climb down single file and you will be lead to the bath house where you will be stripped, cleaned and inspected. Afterwards you'll be lead to the boarding area where you'll be served dinner. Then it's lights out until tomorrow. After that you're fates will be in the buyers hands.

A guard shoved the person in front of the chained group forward and the prisoners began walking. Inside the women's section of the bath house a low growl was heard as a bucket of cold water was dumped on a kneeling, naked Xena who was amung the captives. After rinsing the soap from her body, a long, simple burlap shirt was thrown at her to put on as she along with the rest of the women were told to stand. Once the group was dressed the women were brought to their boarding area. The food they were given could be described as subpar at best. Though it was technically edible so they ate. Then the candles in the room were put out and the door was shut and locked from the outside. A few armed guards stood outside keeping watch for any signs of trouble. The women found spots on the cold hard floor to try and sleep for the night. Meanwhile Xena sat with her back against a wall as her eyes looked around the dark room. The moonlight coming in from the barred window that sat high above provided her with enough light to see. As she sat in silence her mind drifted back to how she found herself in her current situation.

--- FLASH BACK---

XENA 
Come on Gabrielle your gonna have to try harder than that.

Xena smirked as she side stepped Gabrielle's incoming strike. Gabrielle looked at her out of the corner of her eye.

GABRIELLE 
Xena if you don't give that back right now I'm going to kill you.

XENA 
(Joking) I told you, you can have it back if you can get it.

Xena dangled a piece of cloth above her head in a playful, teasing manner. Gabrielle glared at her with a mix of irritation and amusement. She looked around for a moment then back at Xena who still had a sly smile on her face.

GABRIELLE 
Xena give me back my top now.

Xena looked at the red top that she held by one of its strings.

XENA 
(Joking) You know actually calling this a top is a bit of a stretch don't you think.

GABRIELLE 
You seem to like me wearing it.

XENA 
Never said I didn't. Allllthough I think I like you better without it.

Xena side stepped Gabrielle again as Gabrielle attempted to snatch her top from her hand. Xena chuckled as Gabrielle turned back towards her. It was a warm sunny day as the two had decided to take a little break from the road and cool off with a nice refreshing dip in a quiet little secluded lake they had found. After a nice swim Xena came out of the water first and got dressed. Gabrielle followed not long after and was all dressed except for her boots and top when she realized her shirt wasn't with the rest of her stuff. She soon realized that Xena had it and apparently didn't have any intention of giving it back any time soon. Which was what lead to this little game of keep away that in all honesty the two were both enjoying.

GABRIELLE 
That's it.

Gabrielle lunged at Xena who moved out of the way again. Gabrielle lost her balance and stumbled forward into a tree face first. She quickly sat down as she held her hands over her face.

GABRIELLE 
My nose!

Xena's expression turned from a smile to a look of concern as she went over and crouched down in front of Gabrielle.

XENA 
Are you okay?

Gabrielle kept her hand on her face.

GABRIELLE 
I think I broke my nose.

XENA 
Here let me see.

Xena gave Gabrielle her top back and gently pulled Gabrielle's hand away from her face revealing a big smile and nothing else. Xena smirked as she saw that Gabrielle was completely fine.

XENA 
(Joking) Cheater.

GABRIELLE 
Hey you're the one who taught me that part of a battle is knowing your opponent and finding their weakness.

XENA 
(Joking) And you think you found my weakness?

GABRIELLE 
Oh yeah.

Gabrielle smiled as she leaned in and kissed Xena passionately. After a couple moments the two separated. Xena smiled as she looked at Gabrielle.

XENA 
You're wrong you know by the way. 

GABRIELLE 
What do you mean?

XENA 
You're not my weakness Gabrielle, you're my strength. Never forget that.

Gabrielle suddenly found her top not so nesicery to put on at the moment. She reached over and put her hand on Xena's and looked into Xena's eyes. Xena knew the look Gabrielle gave her all too well. And moments later both of their clothes had been very quickly removed as Gabrielle moaned when Xena's tongue found its way to her center. Gabrielle dug her heel into the ground as she felt Xena exploring her from within. Although calling it exploring at this point would imply that Xena didn't know her way around, and that was very clearly not the case. Especially based off the sounds Gabrielle was making as her body involuntary twitched and jerked when Xena who layed on her stomach, continuously flicked her tongue against Gabrielle's sweet spot. Gabrielle moaned Xena's name when she felt Xena take her clit into her mouth and proceed to suck on it. Gabrielle threw her head back as she reached down and held Xena's hair just needing anything to hold on to. Xena listened to Gabrielle's cries of pleasure loving every second as she released her from her mouth and went back to pushing her tongue deep inside her opening. She alternated between the two actions causing Gabrielle to quiver in pure enjoyment under the repeated switch in activities. Not wanting to stop what she was doing but feeling like she couldn't wait any longer, Xena continued to keep her mouth on Gabrielle's feminine treasure as she took her hand and brought it down to her own. Gabrielle felt Xena moan into her when Xena pushed two fingers inside herself. She moved her hips, matching the rhythm and speed to what she was doing to Gabrielle. Seeing this only excited Gabrielle even more as she watched Xena pleasure herself while also keeping her focus on Gabrielle and what she needed. Xena placed her other hand on Gabrielle's stomach to keep her still as Gabrielle began to feel herself getting close to her relase. Xena stopped switching what she was doing as she decided to focus solely on Gabrielle's little bud. She continuously suckled it as she moved fast and hard into herself. Gabrielle gripped at the grass under her feeling her climax rapidly approach. Though moments later Xena was the first of the two to find her release. She moaned into Gabrielle as she felt herself come. This momentarily caused Xena to stop her suction, feeling her own nether region spasm around her fingers. Though it was just that, a moment. As she began to come down from her high Xena then returned her focus to getting Gabrielle to her finish. Which apparently was not far off. Because only a few moments after Xena went back to it, Gabrielle 
hit her apex and let out a cry out sheer bliss as she came. Xena took her mouth off Gabrielle as she took her hand that she had used on herself and rubbed a finger along Gabrielle's womanhood. Gabrielle shuddered as the aftershocks from Xena's touch went through her. Xena smiled as got up to her knees. Gabrielle leaned in, lovingly kissing Xena a couple times and Xena smirked at her.

XENA 
Okay maybe you're both my strength and weakness when it comes to certain things.

Gabrielle smiled and laughed a little. The two got dressed and headed back on the road. Even if it was a bit later than Xena had planned but she wasn't exactly going to complain about the reason for the hold up. Xena and Gabrielle rode for a while until they came to a village that layed in ruins. Xena halted Argo as they passed through what Xena and Gabrielle assumed used to be the village entrance.

GABRIELLE 
What happened here?

XENA 
Let's find out.

The two got down from Xena's horse and looked around at the destruction. The wounded that could move were trying to tend the those who couldn't. Xena and Gabrielle carefully stepped over dead bodies of the villagers that had clearly been killed by the village's attackers. Gabrielle crouched down in front of an injured and distraught man who clung tightly to a small body that he held in his arms.

GABRIELLE 
Are you injured?

The man just shook his head no as he cried. That was when Gabrielle noticed just what was in the man's arms. It appeared to be a little girl. Though she couldn't tell if she was alive or not. She looked back and saw Xena standing back up after inspecting someone else who was injured.

GABRIELLE 
Xena quick over here.

Xena came over and crouched down beside Gabrielle as she saw why Gabrielle called her. After asking the man's permission, Xena put her fingers against the girl's neck as she felt for a pulse. Then she slowly pulled her hand back.

XENA 
(Somber tone) She's gone, I'm sorry.

The man completely broke down sobbing as he held his child close. Knowing there wasn't anything they could do for him Xena and Gabrielle heavy heartedly let him be as they moved on to other villagers who needed help. Xena wrapped a cloth around an elderly woman's arm that had a good sized gash in it until it could be stitched. Xena could hear the emotional pain in the woman's voice.

ELDERLY WOMAN 
My daughter. They took my daughter and my two teenage granddaughters.

XENA 
Who took them? Can you tell me who's responsible for this?

ELDERLY WOMAN 
I don't know who they were. But they did take a number of people besides my daughter and granddaughters from our village with them when they left.  

The woman pointed with her uninjured arm in the direction that they had gone.

XENA 
How long ago.

The woman told her that it hadn't been long between when they left and Xena and Gabrielle showed up. Xena finished tending to her and made her way up a tall tree to scout for an signs of the attackers. Over a bunch of trees and down the hill Xena saw what looked like a small caravan. It appeared to be surrounded by armed guards. Xena figured that must've been them and came back down from the tree. Gabrielle was waiting below when Xena climbed down.

GABRIELLE 
Anything?

Xena told her what she saw. They finished doing what they could for the villagers and then set out after the caravan. As they got closer Xena recognized the color patterns on their armor and had them both hang back to not alert the group that they were being followed.

GABRIELLE 
Who are they?

XENA 
They're some of the most notorious slave traders in all of Greece. I had a brief run in with them a number of years ago before we met. And trust me when I tell you these guys mean business. Even back then they made my skin crawl.

GABRIELLE 
So what's the plan? How do we stop that caravan.

XENA 
We don't.

GABRIELLE 
What? Why not?

Xena looked out at the guards and people that they had taken to sell as if they were nothing more than property or livestock.

XENA 
Because I wanna give them one more person that they can take as a slave.

×××

Gabrielle looked at Xena having a pretty good idea of what she meant by giving the slavers one more slave.

GABRIELLE 
You can't be serious. You just said how bad they were and you wanna do that.

XENA 
I think it's the best chance to take them down.

GABRIELLE 
Then I hope you meant two and not one.

XENA 
No Gabrielle. They'll notice if too many more people are added to the group. 

Gabrielle sighed.

GABRIELLE 
I don't exactly like the idea of you going in there alone. What am I supposed to do?

Xena gave her a quick wink and a small, reassuring smile.

XENA 
Oh don't worry about that, we won't be separated for too long.

Gabrielle knew by the look Xena gave her, that she already had a plan in mind.

--- PRESENT---

A small smile came across Xena's face as she sat there on the cold floor. She layed down to get some sleep. After all tomorrow was going to be a fairly eventful day. Sunlight beamed through the window as morning came. Xena awoke, but decided to just lay there, observing her surroundings until the guards came. Not too long after Xena heard the door being unlocked. A number of armed guards entered and ordered everyone to their feet. They ruffly hurded the women out of the room with Xena amung them. The guards lead them outside. Xena saw the males being lead out of their boarding area to join them. Once everyone was together the guards ordered them to move. They were all lead to a big arena like area. As Xena walked in with everyone else she looked around. The arena was packed with people. All slavers and other low life scum waiting to bid on and purchase other human beings. The fact that people could treat others as if they were simply livestock never sat right with Xena. Even in her darkest days she could never do something that despicable. Though she felt a little better knowing that there was at least one person out in that crowd who shared her views on the subject.

MAN IN THE CROWD 
Now this is an auction eh?

He nudged the person sitting next to him not noticing the look of disgust giving to him before looking back to the people who were being lead into the arena.

MAN IN THE CROWD 
I've been coming here for years and this is one of the best turnouts I've seen in a while.

The person didn't say anything as they looked on. Not really wanting to engage but the man clearly couldn't read social cues very well and continued on.

MAN IN THE CROWD 
First time here?

The person sighed to themselves as they thought while the man kept talking.

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) God's this guy's even worse than I am when it comes to talking. I'm sure Xena would get a real kick out of this one.

MAN IN THE CROWD 
So looking for anything specific?

Finally Gabrielle decided to chime in thinking maybe a little talking might actually get him to shut up.

GABRIELLE 
Something like that.

Gabrielle continued to watch as people filed in until finally she spotted what she was looking for. She couldn't help but smile a little when she saw Xena come into view. The man next to her noticed the change in her expression when she saw Xena.

MAN IN THE CROWD 
I take it you found something you like.

GABRIELLE 
Oh yes.

--- FLASH BACK---

GABRIELLE 
You want me to buy you?!

XENA 
That's the idea yes.

Gabrielle shook her head disapprovingly as she walked back and forth.

GABRIELLE 
Absolutely not. Are you crazy? I'm not purchasing you like you're a new outfit or something.

Xena sighed as she looked at Gabrielle.

XENA 
You're making this a bigger deal than it needs to be.

Gabrielle stopped pacing and looked at Xena.

GABRIELLE 
How is this not a big deal? Xena you're asking me to buy someone. And not just any other person. You want me to buy you. Do you have any idea how screwed up this is?

Xena took Gabrielle's hand in hers and smiled.

XENA 
Actually when you think about it this isn't really all that bad.

Gabrielle stared at Xena with a blank expression.

GABRIELLE 
Yup you've definitely completely lost it. How is this "not that bad"?

XENA 
Simple, you can't really buy something you already own.

Xena put Gabrielle's hand on her chest over her heart. Gabrielle sighed and smiled a little as she felt Xena's heartbeat under her palm, understanding what she meant.

GABRIELLE 
And people think I'm the sentimental one.

--- PRESENT---

Gabrielle had been keeping close watch on Xena as other slaves were being auctioned off. Waiting for her to be brought up for bidding. She peeked inside the pouch she was holding that was full of money. 

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) Good thing we happened to have gotten this from that noble we helped not long ago. No way I'm not getting Xena with all this.

One by one people were brought up to a small stage in the middle of the area. The
auctioneer read off their approximate age, physical condition, where they were found and any other information that the potential buyers might find useful or interesting. Gabrielle cringed hearing people being talked about that way. But she knew that soon enough this whole operation would be brought down. Both she and Xena were there to make sure of it.

--- FLASH BACK---

Xena and Gabrielle stood on a hill overlooking the slaver complex. Xena wasn't in her usual armor and didn't have her weapons with her either. Instead she wore a simple long dress and shoes. Gabrielle looked at her for a moment and smirked.

XENA 
What?

GABRIELLE 
Nothing. Just thought that dress looks nice on you.

Xena rolled her eyes knowing that Gabrielle was making fun of her because she knew that Xena didn't find long dresses like the one she was wearing functional at all. And actually considered them more of a hindrance when it came to really doing anything. Which was the reason for her short battle skirt. But long dresses were all they could find on short notice for a disguise, so Xena just bought one and changed into it. Now the two looked at a horse drawn cart as it road away from the complex.

GABRIELLE 
So remind me again how exactly my buying you is going to help free these people.

XENA 
This place is also where a lot of slavers and other people like them come to stay and do all sorts of shady dealings. So the guy who runs the place has some housing around here that he rents out to the other scumbags while their here. So we'll have practically free run over the whole area to do what we gotta do to finally take these bastards down.

GABRIELLE 
(Sarcasm) Wow these people just keep getting better and better.

XENA 
Well come on we gotta get ahead of that cart so that I can find a good spot for them to pick me up.

Gabrielle sighed still not liking the plan but knowing this was the best way to stop a slave operation this massive, she went along with it. So that's how this started. Xena pretended to run into the slavers and didn't fight back when they grabbed her, put her in chains and threw her into the back of the cart with the rest of the people they had kidnapped. Gabrielle stealthily followed behind until they got to the compound and then went her own way to go undercover as a potential buyer. Luckily no one recognized her so she could just wear what she normally did. So the next day came and Gabrielle walked into the arena among all the other buyers and found a good seat so she could easily see the people below.

--- PRESENT---

Gabrielle patiently waited for Xena to come up for bid. It felt like forever but finally she saw Xena get pulled up to the center. The auctioneer read off Xena's information like he had done with all the others. And then he let the bidding begin. Gabrielle stood along with a good number of other people wanting to buy this stunningly beautiful woman before them. Gabrielle' glanced around.

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) You're all really wasting your time on this one.

As the price for Xena claimed, people began to sit back down as they decided that she had become too expensive for their tastes. Bit by bit the field of buyers shrunk until it finally came down to two people. Gabrielle and a man who stood a few rows away from her. The price climbed still and Gabrielle watched as the man simply stood with his arms folded across his chest as he eyed Xena. He was a fairly large, muscular man with a big beard and a look in his eyes that Gabrielle did not like at all. But Gabrielle just focused on getting Xena. 

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) You're not getting Xena so just sit back down already.

The price went higher and Gabrielle began to get nervous as she was getting close to running out of money. Xena who could see the last two people from where she was knew how much they had and when the auctioneer called out the next price that went past what Gabrielle had she knew that her plan had just gone completely off the road and to say that Gabrielle was not going to be happy would be the understatement of the century. Gabrielle looked at the man who out bid her and the look on her face told him that he had won. He smirked as she looked back at Xena. Xena gave Gabrielle a small smile as she made a subtle nod for her to sit down. Knowing that it would only cause trouble if Gabrielle was ruled the winner only for them to later find out that she didn't have the money to pay. Though Gabrielle really didn't want to she reluctantly sat and let the man who out bid her claim victory. And his prize was Xena.

×××

Gabrielle watched from the crowd as Xena was taking away. Once she was out of sight, Gabrielle stood back up and left to try and find Xena. As she walked through the building she found a small holding cell that contained some of the slaves that had been sold off. Xena who was inside walked over to the bars as she saw Gabrielle coming over.

GABRIELLE 
(Whisper) Xena we need to get you out of here.

XENA 
(Whisper) I don't think that's a good idea.

GABRIELLE 
(Whisper) I told you I didn't like this. And now someone actually bought you to do gods only know what to.

XENA 
(Whisper) Look I know this isn't what we planned but I still think this is our best shot at stopping these guys.

GABRIELLE 
(Whisper) You can't seriously still expect me to just stand by and let someone actually enslave you? Xena we'll find another way to help these people.

Xena was about to continue trying to convince Gabrielle that things weren't as bad as they seemed, when someone else entered the holding area. Gabrielle and Xena looked over and saw the man who had bought Xena heading their way. Gabrielle was about to walk up to him, but Xena covertly grabbed her wrist to stop her. Gabrielle already knew what Xena was going to say so she just stayed put. The man reached the cell as Xena let go of Gabrielle and stood looking at him with an intense look in her eyes. He briefly smirked at Xena as he looked at Gabrielle.

MAN
I can see you really wanted this one. Then again she did seem quite popular amung the crowd didn't she?

GABRIELLE 
Perhaps we can strike a deal of some kind for her.

MAN 
Sorry but I'm quite happy with what I've got. Now if you'll excuse me I have guest to entertain.

He looked Xena up and down and smiled.

MAN
I'll send someone to bring you to my quarters shortly.

He walked away leaving the area. Gabrielle looked back at Xena.

GABRIELLE 
I really don't like the look he was giving you.

XENA 
Don't worry about that I can handle myself.

GABRIELLE 
I know. But still this whole thing...

XENA 
Gabrielle let me ask you something.

Gabrielle waited for Xena to continue.

XENA 
Do you trust me?

GABRIELLE 
What kind of question is that? You know I trust you with my life.

XENA 
Then don't worry everything will work out just fine. Plus I'm fairly certain that he's the one in charge around here. So actually me getting close to him might actually work in our favor.

GABRIELLE 
Just make sure he doesn't get too close.

Xena smiled as she lightly squeezed Gabrielle's hand.

XENA 
Okay you should go. Try looking around and see what you can find.

GABRIELLE 
Okay. I'll find you later. Please just be careful Xena. I love you.

Gabrielle walked away, looking back at Xena just before she left. Some time later a couple guards came and got Xena. They brought her to the largest house in the area. They brought her to what was apparently the slave quarters, shoving her inside the large room as they shut and locked the door from behind them as they left. Xena looked around seeing a number of other people in the room with her. Clearly other slaves that this man owned. One of them was a timid looking woman who picked up some clothes from a bed as she walked up to Xena.

WOMAN 
You should put this on before the master returns.

Xena took the clothes and looked at them. Though to be honest there really wasn't much there in the way of actual fabric. She rolled her eyes as she saw that ridiculously revealing outfit.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself sarcastically) At this point why bother having me wear anything at all.

Xena walked behind a screen and changed her clothes. As she walked back out in her new revealing outfit the same woman who gave her the clothing handed her a robe to put on over it. After putting that on too Xena sat on one of the beds in the room.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) This guy really doesn't waste time dose he?

Not long after a couple guards arrived to fetch Xena. They escorted her to what was obviously the man's bedroom. Once inside they walked her to the middle of the room then went and stood by the door as one of them shut it. Xena stood silent as she heard the man who bought her coming in from a small room off the bedroom. He walked in and stood gawking at Xena's body.

?
Mmm such an exquisite woman.

He walked over to table and poured some wine into a cup and brought it over to Xena.

?
Here you are. This will help you relax a bit.

Xena took the cup looking at the liquid inside.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) Yeah I'm sure it'll do more than that.

Xena brought the cup to her lips just enough to taste it and then covertly spit it back.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) Just as I thought he definitely put something in this.

Xena pretended to drink until the man turned his back to do something. Then Xena quickly dumped the wine into the plant next to her before he turned back. Then she acted as if she had just finished drinking. Then man smiled as he took the cup and put it on a table. He took her hand and lead her over to his bed.

?
Now you just sit here for a little bit.

He pushed Xena's shoulders down forcing her to sit at the edge of the bed. He then stepped back a bit and looked at her.

?
So how bout telling me your name.

Xena told him some name she pulled out of thin air. Obviously not wanting to reveal her actual name in case he had heard of her.

XENA 
Gabriella

She decided not to go with the literal first name she thought of which was actually Gabrielle for unsurprising reasons. So she opted changed it a bit instead of wasting too much time on something that would've seemed odd to not answer right away. The man smiled at her.

?
What a fittingly beautiful name for an even more beautiful woman.

Xena had to fight to not roll her eyes. The man took her hand and kissed it gently.

?
You may call me Master Tobias. 

XENA 
Yes Master.

Tobias swiftly grabbed a tight hand full of Xena's hair as raised her head to look at him. He spoke in a far more firm voice than he had been as he looked at Xena.

TOBIAS 
I believe I said for you to call me Master Tobias. Or was I mistaken.

Xena pushed down her pride. Knowing that she was going to have to play along if she and Gabrielle wanted to take down this monsters empire.

XENA 
No Master Tobias. Forgive me it won't happen again.

Tobias smirked as he roughly released her.

TOBIAS 
Good be sure it doesn't.

Tobias reached for his belt as he began to undo his pants.

TOBIAS 
Now why don't you lay down like a good girl and we can get started.

Just as he was about to reveal himself there was a knock at the door. He made an annoyed growl as he rebuttoned his pants and answered the door.

TOBIAS 
What?! I'm busy.

GUARD 
Apologies sir but there are some matters from today's auction that need your attention.

Tobias sighed as he began to walk out. Then he turned to the guard.

TOBIAS 
Stay here and keep an eye on her until I get back.

The guard saluted showing that he would his obey orders and Tobias walked away. The guard idlely walked around the room a bit. Every so often glancing at Xena as she still sat silently on the bed. Xena saw a sinister smile come across his face as he walked over to the door and peaked out then shut it as he turned his attention back to Xena. She could tell from the look he was giving her that he clearly had the same intentions for her as Tobias.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) Okay I'm not even playing along with this one.

A loud ruckus could be heard from down the hall. A number of guards a long with Tobias burst into his room. And what they saw took them all by surprise. Tobias smirked as he saw one of his guards on the ground with his face a bloody mess and Xena's foot on his throat as she stood over him.

TOBIAS 
I knew that there was something special about you.

He motioned for Xena to back off which she did as he walked over to the guard.

TOBIAS 
Stand.

The guard quickly got to his feet.

TOBIAS 
Now what made you think it was okay to try and take something that belongs to me.

The guard stuttard not knowing what to say as he watched his boss walk over and pick up a dagger. Xena watched as the guard began to plead for his life. But it was clearly in veign with Tobias ruthlessly grabbed the man's hair and in one quick motion sliced his throat. Crimson flowed from the cut and his mouth as he gagged and chocked on his own blood. His eyes were wide with fear as his last moments were spent looking into the cold gaze of his employer. Tobias let go and the guard dropped to his knees and then fell face down on the floor as he died with blood beginning to pool under him. Tobias looked at the other guards.

TOBIAS 
Remove this trash from my room and have someone come clean up the mess he made on my floor.

The guards did as he said as Tobias looked at Xena.

TOBIAS 
Perhaps a change in plans is in order here. It would appear that there's more to you my Gabriella than meets the eye.

Xena could see the man was now thinking about something other than his original plan for her.

TOBIAS 
Yes I'll leave you be tonight. I want you fresh for tomorrow. I believe I may have found another more lucrative use for you. But I'll have to see exactly what you can do.

Tobias called a guard to escort Xena to her own private room for the night and warned that If anyone tried anything he would personally see to their punishment. And with that Xena was brought to a fairly nice room and locked in for the rest of the night. Xena layed on the bed as she breathe a sigh of exhaustion. But unable to sleep she got up and went to the window. She looked out at the compound as she thought about how much these people needed to be gotten rid of. As she looked out she saw someone walk into view. She let out a quick whistle to get their attention. Xena smiled as she saw Gabrielle look up and smile back at her. Xena motioned for her to stay there for a moment as she quickly grabbed a piece of paper and wrote her a little note. Just letting Gabrielle know that she was okay. She decided not to tell her about what Tobias and that guard tried. Figuring she was completely fine and that nothing actually happened, Xena didn't want to worry Gabrielle more than she already was. Xena finished and dropped the note out the window to her. Gabrielle read the note and smiled up at Xena as she shook her head in mock disapproval when she saw the fake name Xena had chosen to go by knowing exactly why she would pick that name. Knowing she couldn't stay, Gabrielle waved a little so no one would see and walk away. Xena stayed by the window watching Gabrielle until she left her sight. Then feeling a lot more at ease after seeing Gabrielle, Xena went to bed. Meanwhile Gabrielle walked back to her temporary house that she was staying in while she was there.

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) Gabriella. Good one Xena. Good one.

Morning came and Xena was brought to a room that was where the slavers kept their weapons. Tobias was waiting for her with a sword on his waist. He smirked as Xena was brought in with a couple of guards.

TOBIAS 
Good morning Gabriella. I'm sure you're wondering what we're doing here today.

XENA 
Yes Master Tobias I am.

TOBIAS 
Well based off what I saw from you last night, I believe I may have found a more fitting use for you here.

Tobias drew his sword and flipped in in his hand so he carefully held the bladed side. He held the sword out for Xena to take.

TOBIAS 
Don't go trying anything foolish now. My guards will kill you before you even know what happened.

Xena could've taken him out right there but with so many innocent people being held there she knew that staring trouble this soon would only result in more casualties than she wanted. Which if she could help it would be none except for the slavers themselves. So she simply took the sword and waited to see where this was going.

TOBIAS 
Now you are going to have a little fight against a few of my guards. One at a time of course. And based off your preference I will determine if I want to put you in my battle arena. You see a woman fighter such as yourself is sure to draw quite a bit of attention. And for me more attention means more profit. So how bout we make a deal. Should you impress me today. I will give you the opportunity to fight for me in my arena. And let's just say that if you manage to do well enough and survive your time as one of my fighters, you will receive a prize that certainly any slave would covet.

XENA 
And what may I ask would that be Master Tobias?

TOBIAS 
Simple my dear Gabriella. Your freedom.

×××

Xena was a little surprised by Tobias's offer. But figured a man like him would never actually follow through on a promise of freedom to one of his slaves. But she didn't really have any real reason to refuse the offer. Infact it would've seemed very suspicious if she had. So Xena decided to see where Tobias was going with this. Tobias motioned for one of the guards to come over.

TOBIAS 
Now I'm certain you're wondering if my offer for your freedom is genuine. Well let me reassure you that it most certainly is. And while I did just spend a good amount on you, I believe that you as an arena fighter will repay my investment many times over. Not that I need to explain myself to you. But I just figured I'd avoid any obvious annoying questions that someone in your possession must have. So let's see what you've got.

Tobias began to walk away.

TOBIAS 
Oh and I'd be careful not to go easy. Because this, much like the arena fights should you impress me here, will be a battle to the death.

Tobias sat down in a large chair to watch and evaluate Xena's performance. The guard stood before Xena ready for his leader to give the signal to begin. He was clearly not intimidated be Xena in the least. Confident that he would make short work of this slave woman in front of him. After all if she was such a great fighter then there's no way she'd be taking as a slave. So he wasn't the least bit concerned with fighting this woman that Tobias called Gabriella. He figured the fight would be over before it really started. And he wasn't wrong. Because the moment Tobias said to start, the guard charged Xena. Xena simply deflected the strike and in one quick motion drove her blade deep into his chest. He gasped as Xena pushed him off her sword and he looked into her cold eyes as he dropped to the floor and died.

TOBIAS 
I honestly thought that was going to be more of a fight. But I guess he wasn't taking you seriously.

He smiled as he stroked his beard in thought.

TOBIAS 
Yes I can definitely use that to my advantage. Most people wouldn't expect a woman to have the fighting capabilites that you do. Though I haven't seen everything I'm certain that there's far more to you than meets the eye.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) You have no idea.

TOBIAS 
My minds made up. You Gabriella will begin fighting in my area beginning tomorrow. Guards take her to her room.

Tobias watched as Xena was lead out of the weapons room and smiled to himself.

TOBIAS 
You my dear are going to make me an even wealthier man. 

It was late at night when Gabrielle came to Xena's window. Xena told her that Tobias was now going to have her fight in his arena for some sick blood sport.

GABRIELLE 
What are you gonna do?

XENA 
What else can I do? I'm gonna fight. 

GABRIELLE 
Xena this is wrong. He's putting you in there to just kill people for profit and amusement.

XENA 
Don't worry I over heard them talking and I'm just facing a couple guards. So it's not like anyone innocent is getting hurt here. Plus if this is how I take down his people that works for me.

GABRIELLE 
Are you sure about this Xena? What if he puts you against people who are being forced to fight? You can't just kill them.

XENA 
Obviously I know that Gabrielle.

Xena sighed.

XENA 
I don't know. I'll figure something out.

GABRIELLE 
You know this whole situation just seems to keep going from bad to worse.

Xena smirked.

XENA 
Relax. So I have to beat up some thugs in an arena to take down a slave empire. I think that's a pretty small price to pay.

GABRIELLE 
Just be careful Xena.

XENA 
Aren't I always?

GABRIELLE 
Is that a rhetorical question?

Xena smiled at Gabrielle from the window.

GABRIELLE 
I guess I'll see you later. I'll be sure to find a good seat for the fight.

XENA 
You don't have to come. You can go do some investigating around the compound.

Gabrielle smiled as she winked at Xena and began walking away.

GABRIELLE 
Who says I can't do both? I'll see you out there "Gabriella".

Xena shook her head as she watched Gabrielle leave. She decided to make it an early night, figuring she didn't know what exactly she'd be up against the next day. The sun was high in the noon sky as Xena was lead to a holding room inside the area. There was a set of armor hanging up for her to put on. It was silver metal up top with gold trim and a bit of light blue fabric that hung off one shoulder. With boots and arm guards to match. And a brown battle skirt, to round out the ensemble, not to different from the usual one she usually wore. If Xena was being honest it was actually a very impressive set of armor. 

XENA 
(Thinking to herself Jokingly) Well I'll give it to them for having good taste in equipment at least.

Xena got undressed and put on the new armor that had been layed out for her. Then she waited. From where she was, Xena could hear the crowd in the area outside. It sounded like it was packed with people waiting to watch people kill each other just for the fun of it.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) I guess I should give them a show.

A couple moments later there was a knock on the door and then it opened. Two guards stood in the doorway looking at Xena. One looked at Xena and shook his head in disbelief that they were putting a woman in the arena. But he didn't really care either way so he motioned for Xena to come with them. She did as they lead her down a hallway to a pair of large doors. The guards opened them and motioned for Xena to walk through. Keeping her eyes forward Xena stepped through and began walking towards the light at the end of the hall as the doors were shut and locked behind her. Xena could hear the roar of the crowd as she walked towards the light. Finally she reached the actual arena and stood just outside the hallway looking out at the massive crowd that surrounded her on all sides. She couldn't see her, but Xena knew that Gabrielle was somewhere among the sea of people watching closely. And she was right. Gabrielle watched as the announcer introduced the latest gladiator to the arena known as Gabriella. Gabrielle looked at Xena as she walked to the middle of the field in her new armor and couldn't help but smile as she saw Xena's silver armor shimmer in in the sunlight as a gentle breeze caused the blue fabric along with Xena's hair to flutter slightly. Causing Gabrielle to momentarily forget about just what it was they were doing.

GABRIELLE 
(Talking to herself) Woah.

Meanwhile Xena looked to see if she could spot Gabrielle as she waited for her opponent. She smiled a bit when she found her in the crowd and noticed the way Gabrielle was looking at her. 

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) Maybe I will keep this armor when this is all done.

She winked quick as she kept looking at the crowd and arena to assess her surroundings as she typically did before a battle. The announcer went on and called out Xena's opponent. Xena looked at the opposite entrance as a very large man came walking into the arena. To the crowd he looked terrifying. But to Xena she just snickered to herself. Knowing that she could beat guy's like him up with one arm tied behind her back. But then she saw about five more guys about the same size and build walk out behind him. Xena smirked.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) I guess I must've impressed Tobias more than I thought. Alright I can play along.

Xena saw that all of them had weapons. Where as she did not. Not that it mattered to her. But she was curious as to why that was. Though Xena didn't need to wonder for long when she heard Tobias's voice quiet down the crowd as he spoke.

TOBIAS 
Ladies and gentlemen today our main event is sure to be an exciting one. As I'm sure you've noticed the unique pairing we have here. But let me assure you that this woman is quite capable. But if you don't believe me well, I guess you'll have to see for yourselves.

Both Xena and Gabrielle smirked at Tobias not realizing just how right he was.

TOBIAS 
So without further adew. I say let the battle begin!

The crowd roared with chears and applause. Tobias sat in his seat and watched to see how things would play out.

TOBIAS 
(Talking to himself) Now Gabriella let's see if you're going to disappoint me.

Xena smirked at her opponents.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) I should probably try not to beat these guys too fast. After all I'm sure the boss man cares more about giving people a good show than how fast I can win a fight.

Xena glanced up at Tobias then back at her opponents. She smirked at the group of men who began to stalk their way towards her.

XENA 
Okay boys let's play.

×××

Xena stood across from six opponents in the arena. Though she was unarmed she wasn't too concerned as the men began to circle her.

XENA 
I don't have all day. So do one of you wanna make the first move or should I get this show started?

Two of the men looked at each other for a moment then charged at Xena. She easily dodged both of them. Xena grabbed both by the wrist and twisted their arms. One dropped his sword as the other used his free hand to swing at Xena. She ducked out of the way and drove her fist into his ribs. He staggered back a bit as he held his side. Another of her opponents came up behind Xena swinging. She moved just in time. The blade barely missing her. Xena quickly retaliated with a spinning kick right to his jaw. He staggered back holding his mouth for a moment. Then he took his hand away and saw blood as he spit out a tooth. With all her opponents backed off for the moment Xena glanced down seeing the sword that one of them dropped. She used her foot to kick it up into the air and caught it.

XENA 
You don't mind if I borrow this do ya?

The crowd cheered at the impressive display. The men facing Xena however were not so happy with her little display. The man whose sword Xena picked up yelled as he ran at her. Xena sighed at the dumb move as she side stepped him turned and thrust her blade into his back. He groaned as dropped to his knees. Xena put her foot on his back and pulled the sword out as the man fell forward. His blood dripped off Xena's blade as she turned towards her remaining opponents.

MAN 
Get her!

The remaining five of Xena's opponents all changed her at once. Xena turned around and ran towards the wall with her opponents following. The crowd began to boo thinking that Xena had turned to try and run. Gabrielle smirked as she watched from her seat, having a pretty good idea of what Xena was doing. She looked up at the designated area where Tobias sat to see his reaction. He was watching the fight closely, but Gabrielle couldn't tell what he was thinking. So she returned to watching Xena's fught. Xena reached the wall and ran right up it about halfway. She then pushed off and flipped backwards in midair. She landed on her feet behind the group and not wasting a second cut down another one of her opponents. The crowd cheered once more for Xena's incredible fighting skill. Gabrielle glanced at Tobias and saw a smile.

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) It looks like your plans working. Go get 'em Xena.

Xena now had taken down two of her six opponents with very little effort. But now the remaining four were being more cautious and began working together better. Xena saw them whispering among themselves but couldn't hear what they were saying. They finished speaking and broke off from each other as they again tried to surround her. Xena stayed ready as they spread out and walked closer to her. One behind her yelled as he ran at her. Xena turned to face him but he suddenly stopped as another of the men came up behind her swinging. Xena blocked the attack as a third came jumping from seemingly out of nowhere. He swung his blade. Xena was forced to move. But he still managed to cut her arm. She backed off as she looked at her arm. She scowled at them as a trail of blood began running down her arm. The one who cut Xena laughed as the fourth ran in. Xena didn't move as he ran for her. He swung his weapon down towards her. Xena yelled as she stepped in close dodging his strike as she plunged her blade deep into his stomach. The tip of her sword coming out the other side as Xena felt his weight begin to fall against her. She pushed him back and let him fall off her blade. Then there were three. They looked at each other. One Whispered something Xena couldn't hear to the other two. They nodded at whatever he said and they all moved towards Xena as they surrounded her. Then without warning one swung at her. Xena blocked. Another swung, she used her other hand to catch his arm. The third came up behind her and grabbed her. He wrapped his arms tightly around Xena pinning her arms to her sides. He laughed as he mocked her. He began to squeeze tightly as the other two casually walked up to Xena. One smirked as he looked at Xena. 

MAN
Too bad I gotta mees up such a pretty face.

He then punched Xena right in the face. The other grabbed her hair and looked into her eyes. He just laughed as he saw Xena's ice cold stare. Then he slapped her. The two took turns striking Xena as the third held her. The crowd began to boo as the trio continued to beat Xena. Gabrielle saw everything from the stands.

GABRIELLE 
(Thinking to herself) Come on Xena what are you doing? These guys are jokes compared to you. Why are you letting them beat you like this?

With each strike the crowd began to fall silent. Gabrielle looked at Tobias and even didn't appear to be pleased with what was taking place. Xena took blow after blow. She could hear the crowd as they booed.

XENA 
(Thinking to herself) Okay I think I've built up enough suspense. Time to get serious.

Xena let out her battle cry as she kicked both the men in front of her. She then threw her head back and busted the man's behind her nose. He immediately let her go.

XENA 
Sorry but play times over.

Xena spun around swinging her sword and sliced the chest of the man who was behind her. He stumbled back as he looked at the mark on his armor from the strike. Xena smirked as one of the men she kicked ran up behind her. Xena quickly flipped her sword and drove her blade behind her and implied him.

XENA 
That's four.

Xena pulled the sword out as he dropped to the ground dead. She looked at her last two opponents left standing. The crowd was in a frenzy as they watched this lone woman take down multiple foes and continued to fight. Tobias leaned back in his seat and smiled. Feeling very happy with his purchase at the moment.

TOBIAS 
(Thinking to himself) My, my Gabriella you're quite the impressive fighter? You certainly know how to put on a show don't you?

Steel clashed as Xena blocked an incoming strike. She shoved her attacker back and kicked the other one away as well. She rotated her sword in a small circle in a little move to show off for the crowd. Knowing that the more the crowd got into it the more Tobias would like it. Which was exactly what Xena wanted. Earning Tobias's trust was key to her plan for toppling his empire. So for the time being Xena would have to make sure that she kept her "master" happy. And money seemed to be his highest priority. So putting on a good show in the arena would bring more customers back for more. So for Xena doing all the little things she was doing to boost the crowds investment in her match would help her and Gabrielle's goal in the end. Because when the time came to finally take on this monster. Xena wanted to make sure that Tobias would never see her coming. The crowd erupted as Xena dropped one of her last two opponents. Leaving it a one on one fight. Xena pulled her sword out of the fallen body at her feet. She looked at her final opponent. He growled as he stood a few feet away from her. Xena raised her sword and pointed it at him and the crowd exploded in chears. The man across from Xena however was growing tired of her showboating. He walked up her holding his blade ready. Xena stood ready for whatever he was going to try. She watched as he suddenly took off running to the side, trying to flank her. Xena stood and watched him as he then quickly changed direction. He jumped into the air and came down swinging. Xena jumped back as she avoided the hit. He then kicked her in the stomach and elbowed her in the back when she doubled over from the kick. Xena dropped the ground. Her opponent stood over her and raised his blade to drive it down to finish Xena as she layed face down in the dirt. She looked back and kicked his knee. He hobbled back as Xena got back up. He sneered as he swung at Xena who blocked. He tried to sweep her feet out from under her. But Xena jumped and kicked him right in his jaw and he fell. Xena went to finish him when he suddenly threw a fistful of dirt in Xena's face. The cheap tactic distracted Xena momentarily as she backed off to try and wipe the dust from her eyes. He laughed as he lunged at Xena and tackled her to the ground. Then he pinned her down and began to punch her again and again. Xena's face soon became a bloody mess. It took everything Gabrielle had to not jump over the barrier and stop the assault. She clenched her fist as she watched from the crowd just waiting for Xena to do something, anything. But she didn't seem to do anything. The crowd began to get quite again as they watched the uncomfortable scene. The man laughed as he raised his fist to strike again. He drove in down just as Xena moved her head so he missed and hit the hard ground. Xena used that opportunity to shove him off of her. She grabbed her sword as she stood back up. Her opponent got up as well and took his sword and swung it. Xena blocked but he continued to push. Out of the two he had the pure strength advantage. Xena was forced to step back as they stayed locked. He smirked.

MAN 
You can't over power me. 

He continued to push. Xena dropped to one knee as she fought to hold him back. The crowd remained quiet as they watched the battle unfold before them.

XENA 
Your right. So it's a good thing I don't have to.

Xena quickly moved forward, letting his blade slide right off hers and before he could do anything Xena swung her sword upwards and sliced him open. He dropped his weapon as he clenched the wound across his throat. He backed away as Xena sat up and watched her opponent gasp for air as blood seeped between his fingers. He dropped to his knees as he made a sickening gargle from him choking on his own blood. He stayed kneeling for a moment before finally collapsing as he fell to the side gasping slightly as the rest of his life drained from his body. The crowd exploded with chears as Xena stood victorious in her first area battle. She huffed as she stood among the dead bodies covered in dirt and blood. Both hers and her opponents. The announcer declared "Gabriella" the winner. Xena looked up at the crowd. First to Tobias who seemed quite satisfied with the battles outcome. Then she found Gabrielle in the crowd again who looked releaved to see that Xena was relatively okay after a difficult fight. Xena played her part and raised her sword in victory as the crowd cheered. She then made her way back out of the arena. A little later Xena was back in ordinary clothes as she sat on the bed in her room. Tobias walked in and smiled at her.

TOBIAS 
You did very well today. I'm not a man whose easily impressed, but today I was. You put on quite the performance out there.

XENA 
Thank you Master Tobias.

He smiled.

TOBIAS 
It would seem that even though you've only had one fight, you already have a good number of fans. Very impressive. One of which insisted on meeting you. I believe she was one of the people I out bid to get you. I suppose she must've taking a liking to you. So come on I'm hosting a dinner and your presence is now required. I'll have someone bring you something proper to wear and then escort you to dinner. You will only speak when I tell you and any funny business will be severely punished. Understood?

XENA 
Yes Master Tobias.

TOBIAS 
Good girl. I'll see you shortly.

Tobias left and Xena sneered.

XENA 
Great now I have to kiss up to some other slaver asshole. Maybe I did too well today.

Continued in part 2

Email- tgirl159tgirl159@gmail.com 

Back to the Academy