With the investigation of the apartment finished Xena, Gabrielle and Ares left. Ares headed back to his office. While Xena and Gabrielle went to see what information they could find about the disappearances just to see if they could confirm Xena's suspensions of them being connected to the two murders. But little did they know that they were about to begin to uncover something that none of them were expecting.

×××

The sun was beginning to set as a sleek black car pulled up and parked in front of the police precinct. Xena stepped out of the driver's side door and Gabrielle the passenger's. The pair went in the building hoping to find some answers that could get Xena closer to solving this case. Once inside they headed to the missing persons department. Xena went to the sargent's office and knocked on the open door. The police sargent looked up from her work and saw Xena standing in the doorway.

SARGEANT 
Can I help you?

XENA 
Yeah. I'm investigating a case that I think might be connected to the series of disappearances that's been happening lately.

SARGENT 
Which ones? People go missing in this city every day and most are just some runaway kid, a spouse that left their partner, or just someone who simply left the city and doesn't want to be found.

XENA 
(Sarcasm) Gee with that attitude I'm surprised you ever find anyone that goes missing.

The Sargent was not amused by Xena's comment.

SARGENT 
Look I know who you are, Xena. You go around acting like you're the best thing to ever happen to the force. Well I've got news for you you're not. And now you come walking in to my precinct acting like you know everything and can just solve all this city's problems on your own.

XENA 
At least I'm actually trying.

SARGENT 
Screw you.

Gabrielle could hear the conversation going on in the sargent's office and went over to try and defuse the situation before things got out of hand.

GABRIELLE 
Hey let's all just try to relax. We all want the same thing here. And that's to ensure the safety of the people of this city.

The sargent looked at Gabrielle.

SARGENT 
Who the hell are you? Oh wait you're that reporter I sometimes see on the news when little miss know it all here gets coverage on a case.

Gabrielle politely held out her hand to introduce herself.

GABRIELLE 
Gabrielle. Nice to...

SARGENT 
Yeah don't care.

Xena scowled at the woman as Gabrielle lowered her hand.

XENA 
(Angry tone) Look lady I don't give a damn if you don't like me, but you will not disrespect my wife like that.

SARGENT 
(Sarcasm) Ooo I'm so scared of the big, bad Xena.

Xena was ready to reach over the desk and grab the woman when Gabrielle quickly grabbed Xena's arm.

GABRIELLE 
(Quietly) She's not worth it Xena.

Xena growled and relaxed a little.

SARGENT 
Now if we're done here you can leave.

XENA 
Oh I'm not going anywhere until I get what I came for.

SARGENT 
You want these cases so bad fine take 'em. Anything to get you out of my precinct. I'll have one of my people send over everything we have. Now get the hell out of my office.

XENA 
There that wasn't so hard now was it?

The woman pointed to the door.

SARGENT 
Out!

Xena and Gabrielle began to leave.

GABRIELLE 
Thanks for the help.

SARGENT 
(Muttering) Skank.

Xena heard the comment and before Gabrielle could stop her, Xena had stormed up to the sargent and swiftly slammed her face off her desk. Then without a word she turned around left. The two drove back to Xena's office. Once they were there Xena checked to make sure that she had everything. As she and Gabrielle begin to go over the reports, Ares called Xena into his office. He lounged in his chair as Xena came in and shut the door.

XENA 
Let me guess you just got a call from a certain Sargeant.

ARES 
Did you really slam her face into her desk?

XENA 
That woman has a serious attitude problem.

ARES 
Hmm sounds like someone else I know.

XENA 
Hey I tried to play nice. But she pushed me.

Ares knew that Xena could hold her temper pretty well, that is unless it came to Gabrielle. Then all bets were off. So he didn't need to ask why Xena did what she did.

ARES 
Look I know she's an ass, but you can't just go attacking people like that. You're in serious trouble for this one Xena.

Ares gave Xena a serious look. Though it only lasted a couple seconds before he started laughing.

ARES 
Ah I wish could've seen the look on her face when you did that.

XENA 
So what did she call for my badge or my head?

ARES 
From her tone both. You know according to the law I should suspend you.

XENA 
And?

ARES 
Nothing. Just throwing that out there. Maybe you'll remember that the next time you wanna call me every name in the book.

XENA 
Yeah I'm still gonna do that.

ARES 
Of course you will. Now don't you have a case to solve? Get lost and try not to cause any more trouble today.

XENA 
(Sarcasm) Fine I'll beat up the mayor tomorrow.

Ares rolled his eyes at Xena's bad joke as she left his office. She went over to her desk where Gabrielle was sitting going through some of the files they had gotten. Xena looked over her shoulder at the screen.

XENA 
Find anything useful?

GABRIELLE 
Not yet.

Xena moved her finger on the hologram as she quickly scrolled through the report.

XENA 
How many others are there?

GABRIELLE 
Not counting this one, about 26.

XENA 
(Sighs) We'll be here all night going through everything. Hold on. 

Xena went back to Ares office for a minute and came back.

XENA 
Come on let's get out here. If I'm gonna be stuck going through reports all night, I can at least relax while doing it.

Xena and Gabrielle took everything they had on the cases and went home for a long night of trying to piece together the mess of cases that had landed in Xena's lap.

XENA 
Damn this is ridiculous.

Xena stretched her neck as she and Gabrielle sat on the floor in their living room going through the various files from the missing persons cases.

XENA 
What time is it?

Gabrielle checked her phone.

GABRIELLE 
A little after 3.

XENA 
(Sighs) We're only a little more than half way through everything.

Xena put down the file she was looking at as she layed on the floor.

XENA 
What did I get myself into?

Gabrielle put down what she was looking at and crawled over and sat next to Xena. She looked down at Xena as brushed her bangs out of her face.

GABRIELLE 
You care about people Xena. That's why you do this.

XENA 
I just want to catch who's behind this mess. This city might be trash but there's good people out there who don't deserve to live in fear that they or the people they love are just gonna up and vanish. Or be found brutally murdered by some maniac killing people for who knows why.

GABRIELLE 
I know. We'll catch whoever's doing this. I can't think of anyone better equipped to take this on the Xena, warrior princess, turned extraordinary detective.

XENA 
(Joking) I think you skipped over a lot of other stuff.

GABRIELLE 
(Joking) Yeah but that would be way to long of a title.

Gabrielle smiled as she leaned down and gently kissed Xena. Xena returned the kiss with a passionate one of her own.

GABRIELLE 
Hmm you keep that up and we definitely won't be getting any more work done.

XENA 
Maybe a little break is just what I need.

Xena kissed Gabrielle's neck. 

GABRIELLE 
Well whatever you think will help.

Xena chuckled as she sat up and continued kissing down towards Gabrielle's chest. Unbuttoning her shirt as she we went lower. Xena's lips brushed against Gabrielle's skin making her softly moan. Once her top was undone, Gabrielle took it off and tossed it aside as she took Xena's face in her hands and brought it back up into another smoldering kiss. While locked in the kiss, Xena reached down, unbuttoning Gabrielle's pants and slipped her hand inside. Gabrielle could feel Xena rubbing her fingers along her entrance. She pulled out of the kiss and moaned as she felt Xena push inside. As Xena began to move Gabrielle reached down and undid Xena's pants as her hand went in, rubbing agienst Xena's womanhood. After a few moments Xena took her hand away, with Gabrielle doing the same. The both of them now in a fever pitch quickly stripped and tossed their clothing aside. Then they sat facing each other, pushing their centers up against one another as they began moving their hips. Xena held Gabrielle's waist as they thrust against each other. Gabrielle leaned back slightly, putting her hands on the floor behind her giving her more leverage to push harder against Xena. The two moved as they felt the sensation in both their cores getting stronger. Xena moved faster and harder against Gabrielle as she felt herself on the verge of release. Then she quickly got to her knees as Gabrielle layed down. Keeping herself pushed up against Gabrielle, Xena put Gabrielle's leg on her shoulder as she held on and put her other hand on the floor as she moved fast and hard against the woman beneath her. Xena's breathing became more rapid as she got closer to her climax. She put her other arm around Gabrielle's leg as she sped up as if to hold on for dear life. Xena let out a blissful moan as she felt her orgasism overtake her. She pushed her neither region tightly against Gabrielle's as came hard. Xena's hips jerked with each wave that hit. Once it began to subside Xena let go as Gabrielle's leg slid off her shoulder and leaned forward, kissing Gabrielle passionately.

XENA 
Come here.

Xena sat up and pulled Gabrielle up with her. She sat on the floor leaning against the couch as Gabrielle sat between her legs with her back pressed up against Xena. Xena kissed Gabrielle as she slid her hand down Gabrielle's chest and stomach. Until finally reaching Gabrielle's womanhood. She pushed her fingers inside and began moving them in and out. The resumed sensation in Gabrielle's center caused her moan. She began thrusting her hips to meet Xena's fingers as they pushed into her. Xena continued to move inside Gabrielle as she took her other hand, reached down and began rubbing Gabrielle's clit. Gabrielle groaned Xena's name as her orgasism quickly approached. Xena moved faster knowing that Gabrielle was close. Gabrielle grabbed Xena's arm as she felt herself being sent over the edge. She yelled Xena's name as she came. Throwing her head back as her hips moved on their own with each surge of her orgasism that ripped through her. Xena felt Gabrielle pulsating around her fingers. She smiled, continuing to rub Gabrielle's clit as she pulled her fingers out of her and wrapped her arm around Gabrielle's waist. Holding her as Gabrielle moaned and jerked while Xena prolonged her orgasism. When Gabrielle began to calm down and Xena slowly stopped rubbing and just held her. Gabrielle layed her head back on Xena's shoulder as Xena kissed her and smiled.

GABRIELLE 
Are you feeling better now?

XENA 
Much.

Gabrielle smiled as she lightly ran her fingertips on Xena's thigh.

GABRIELLE 
Always happy to help.

Xena chuckled. Then she sighed when she looked at the problem that unfortunately hadn't fixed itself while she was engaging in her favorite form of stress relief. She lowered her head and rested her chin lightly on Gabrielle's head.

XENA 
There's still so much to go through.

GABRIELLE 
I know but it'll be worth it if it helps us catch who's been doing all this horrible stuff. 

She patted Xena's leg as she got up and began getting dressed.

GABRIELLE 
Now how bout I get dressed, get us something to eat and we can buckle down and figure this out.

XENA 
(Joking) I mean we technically don't have to be dressed to go over files.

Gabrielle shook her head a laughed a little.

GABRIELLE 
Nice try Xena. But we both know full well if we sat around naked we REALLY wouldn't get anywhere on this. Now get your clothes on.

XENA 
(Joking) You're no fun.

GABRIELLE 
(Sarcasm) Riiight. Because you definitely didn't seem to be enjoying yourself a few minutes ago.

Gabrielle finished getting dressed and went to the kitchen.

XENA 
Yeah, yeah.

Xena looked at her work. She picked up a file she hadn't gone through yet and put it on the couch. Reading through it as she got dressed.

XENA 
Huh.

Thinking she found something Xena picked up the file and sat on the couch as she pulled on her sock, finishing putting her stuff back on. Gabrielle poked her head out of the kitchen.

GABRIELLE 
Hey did you want...

XENA 
Never mind that come here for a second.

Gabrielle walked over and sat next to Xena on the couch. She looked at the screen Xena was holding.

GABRIELLE 
What's this?

XENA 
I think I might've found something that can actually help us. It's the last known where abouts of one of the missing persons.

GABRIELLE 
Yeah? Every missing persons and murder victim file has a description of where they were last seen alive.

XENA 
Exactly.

Gabrielle watched as Xena pulled up a number of random reports from the ones that they've gone through. Along with her murder victims files.

XENA 
Look every single person whose gone missing or turned up dead were either last seen or their bodies were found within a 20 block radius.

 

GABRIELLE 
That's still alot of area in the city. But you'd think someone would've caught that by now.

XENA 
True. But t think I know why.

Xena grabbed her phone and pulled up a hologram map of the city. She put the phone on the floor as she stood up and walked around the image. Gabrielle watched as Xena moved her finger over certain areas on the map, making that parts she touched turn from it's normal color to red for the murders and blue for the missing persons. After a couple moments she finished. Gabrielle looked at the image and stood up to get a better look.

XENA 
What do you see?

GABRIELLE 
In the notes it seems random but if you look at things differently you can see that there s clearly a pattern between all the locations.

Gabrielle continued to study the map.

GABRIELLE 
Hold on what's this spot.

Gabrielle pointed to a normal colored area that sat in the middle of all the locations.

XENA 
It's the factory district.

Xena swipped the image and enlarged the area in question.

GABRIELLE 
Is everything there still operational?

XENA 
Pretty sure. So it's probably not our killer's base of operations. But I'm willing to bet that it's somewhere in that general vicinity.

GABRIELLE 
I'm assuming it's safe to say that this confirms our killer is also the one responsible for the disappearances.

XENA 
It seems to odd to be merely coincidence.

GABRIELLE 
So what...

Xena's phone beeped. Xena took down the map and answered.

ARES 
Bad news there's been another person reported missing.

XENA 
Was there blood found at the scene?

ARES 
Yeah how'd you know?

XENA 
Just a hunch. Do you know where they were last seen?

ARES 
Yeah.

Ares gave Xena the location.

XENA 
Okay I'll check it out. Send me any info you have.

ARES
Xe...

Before Ares could finish Xena ended the call. She pulled the map back up and added the new disappearance area to the rest.

XENA 
Yup it fits the pattern.

Gabrielle stared at the hologram intensly.

GABRIELLE 
What is going on in that factory district?

XENA 
What ever it is I intend to find out.

×××

Continued in Part 4

Email- tgirl159tgirl159@gmail.com 

Back to the Academy