Disclaimers: Soul Crossing is an uber story. The story depicts a same sex relationship between two women. As far as sexual content, it very rarely goes beyond PG13--although more is implied. Any similarities to XWP are not intended to be copyright infringement. For those who have missed any of the story so far, you can visit my web site: http://webbard.homestead.com/scrollssoulcrossing.html

 

Soul Crossing

By Web Bard (copyright 01/01)

Part 17

Beth curled her fingers around her soul mate’s as they walked up to the hotel. They docked the boat on the island of Lesvos earlier that morning. After seeing a doctor to make sure Reese had not suffered a concussion, the two women finally made their way to the hotel. Beth noticed that there were a lot of women sitting on the outside porch and at the tables at the seaside restaurant.

"Is there something you're not telling me about this hotel?" Beth looked at her partner as they approached the front desk.

"Why? Have you noticed anything unusual?" Reese gave her lover a sly grin. When it was returned with a frown, she gave in. "It's for women only. We ARE on the island of Lesvos. It's where Sappho lived, remember?"

"This could be interesting." Beth patted her partner’s rear end.

"We have a reservation for two under Keros," said the taller woman as she turned toward the desk. The attendant smiled at the women and handed them room keys.

"It's suite 202. First room on your left at the top of the stairs. It has an ocean view and a sun deck, just as you requested, Ms. Keros. Please enjoy your stay."

Beth reached down to grab her overnight bag and snagged her partner's before she could pick it up. "Oh no you don't. You're under doctor's orders to take it easy today. No lifting, no strenuous exercise. You got that?"

"Yes, mom. Can I at least open the door for you?"

"Of course. You can be in charge of opening doors all day, love." Beth grinned at her friend as she pushed open the door to their room. She placed their bags on the floor and walked over to the sliding glass doors. The young blonde opened the door and stepped out onto the deck overlooking the sea.

Reese quietly walked behind Beth and circled her arms around her companion's waist. "I ordered the view just for you."

Turning around, still within Reese's arms, the smaller woman reached up and caressed the side of her lover's face. "Thank you, honey. It's breathtaking. Just like you."

Reese tilted Beth's face up to hers and kissed her softly. "Thank you for taking such good care of me last night."

A flashback of seeing her lover fall into the dark sea ran through Beth's mind. A chill crept down her spine as she recalled the horrible nightmare. She buried her face in Reese's sweater and held her tighter. "I was so afraid that I lost you."

"Hey," whispered Reese as she lowered her lips to Beth's ear. "I'm right here. It's all over. Everybody's safe now, sweetheart."

Pulling back from her partner, green eyes met blue. "I want you to know that I'm not letting you out of my sight today. I'm holding you captive in this room until I know you're feeling better."

"Hmm...held captive in a seaside resort with my beautiful bride," Reese pulled her partner closer. "I could get used to that. I do have plans for us this afternoon and for this evening. Before you say anything, I promise not to exert myself. This afternoon should be very relaxing and tonight is going to be really fun."

"I’ll agree on one condition," said Beth, looking into her lover’s blue eyes.

"What’s that?"

"You must rest this morning."

"It’s a deal," said Reese. She traced her fingers down Beth’s spine. "But only if you join me."

Without speaking, the young blonde reached for her partner’s hand and slowly walked toward the bed. She pulled back the covers and patted the soft pillows. Beth playfully pushed her friend down on the bed and then slid in beside her. "I like these doctor’s orders."

"Me, too," said Reese. She closed her eyes and reflected on the events of the night before. The recollection of freezing water suddenly brought a chill to her body. She shivered and quickly opened her eyes.

Beth felt the shudder of her lover’s body lying so close to hers. "Sweetheart, are you cold?"

"I don’t know why, but I think I’m still cold from last night."

"Well, I guess I’m going to have to warm you up then." Beth rolled on top of her partner and rested her chin on the taller woman’s chest. "Am I hurting you anywhere?"

Reese drank in the closeness of the woman she loved. "No, you’re doing just fine. Beth, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, honey. What is it?"

"I’m only going to ask this once and I promise not to bring it up again," said Reese in a serious tone of voice. "I need to know what kind of plans you want, in case, well…um…one of us dies."

"Oh, God, Reese," said Beth as her eyes lowered. "I don’t even want to think about it."

"I don’t either, love, but after such a close call last night, I think we really need to talk about it. We’re married now. Maybe not in the eyes of the law, but we are committed partners who are sharing a home and a life together. Reality sucks, but we need to take care of this. If something happens, I don’t want families intervening in our lives. I want you on every legal document I have. I’m going to give you power of attorney, make you the heir to everything I own and make sure all of my insurance policies list you as my beneficiary. Do you understand how important this is now?"

"Okay," said Beth softly. "I only know one thing. I want to lie with you and your family. My path is with you wherever you are. I don’t want to be buried with my family. They severed their ties with me years ago. You are the only family I have now."

Reese looked into the green eyes that started to fill with tears. "I’m sorry, love. I didn’t mean to upset you. I just wanted to know how you felt. We’ll meet with a lawyer when we go home, okay? Then, everything will be legal and documented. We don’t have to talk about it anymore. Besides, I think I need some more therapy from my own personal body warmer."

Beth wiped the tears from her eyes on the taller woman’s shirt. She moved up slightly and kissed her bride. "I love you. I love you in this life and I’ll love you in the next life and I probably loved you in a past life."

Remembering the strange vision of the two women in flowing robes after they had said their vows, Reese wrapped her arms tighter around her partner. "Past life, huh? I think that’s entirely possible. Love is eternal, right?"

"In our case it is."

Beth moved slightly and placed her head on her favorite place on her lover’s shoulder. She moved most of her body weight off Reese and then wrapped her arm around her partner’s waist. "Let’s rest for a while, okay? I’m still worried about that bump on your head."

"Okay, sweetie." The taller woman yawned and rested her cheek against Beth’s soft blonde hair. Within minutes, their breathing became synchronized and they fell fast asleep.

 

"So, my love," asked Beth as they walked toward a large stone building. "Where are you taking me this afternoon?"

"Skala Thermi."

"Skala what?"

"Skala Thermi." Reese chuckled at draped her arm over her partner’s shoulder. "It’s a spa. More specifically, it’s a Greek bath house."

"Oh, really?"

"I couldn’t think of a better way to relax than this," said Reese as a very large grin spread across her face.

"Have you ever been to one of these before?"

"Nope."

"I guess we’ll find out together won’t we?" Beth pushed her friend toward the registration desk.

"We’d like to use one of the baths," said the taller woman to the young girl behind the desk. "Do you have, um, private ones?"

Beth covered her mouth and started to snicker. She looks so cute when she’s flustered. Reese cut her eyes and gave Beth a dirty look.

"Yes, we do," said the attendant. "If you follow me, I’ll show you your private room."

Beth and Reese followed the woman down the narrow stone hallway. Reese playfully kicked her partner on the rear end as they walked. Without stopping a beat, Beth returned the kick. The taller woman grabbed the young blonde and pulled her into a hug. "This is going to be great. You’ll see."

The attendant handed the women towels and gave them instructions about the thermal spa. "Ladies, in case you didn’t know, these baths have been here since the ancient times. This very spa was once the divine spring of the goddess Artemis. Our hope is that the spa will help you relax and will bring you the magical medicinal healing powers the springs are famous for. You are welcome to lock the door after I leave. Since this is a private bath, clothing is optional."

"Hmmm. Thank you for everything," said Reese as she followed the woman and locked the huge wooden door behind the attendant after she left. She turned around to see Beth removing her clothes.

"Not wasting any time are you?"

"No." Beth grinned. "C’mere you."

Reese pulled off her sweater and placed it on the bench. She removed her jeans and folded them. Reaching for her lover’s hand, they walked together down the steps into the sunken stone bath.

"Ohhhhhh, this is bliss," said Beth as she lowered her bare body into the steaming water.

"It’s so warm," said the taller woman as she moved closer to her partner. "After that freezing water last night, this feels like heaven."

"Speaking of heaven…I think I need a kiss."

"As my official nurse," said Reese. "Is that an order?"

Beth wasted little time as she placed her hands behind her partner’s head and pulled her into a passionate kiss. "I love you, Reese Keros."

"And I love you, my darlin’." Reese kissed her bride and held her close. Between their combined body heat and the thermal springs, the taller woman was finally getting warm. "There are some sponges in a bowl over there. Would you like me to wash your back for you?"

"Oh, yes." Grabbing a couple of sponges, she handed one to Reese.

Long, slender fingers began massaging the muscles on the younger woman’s back. Beth leaned her head back as the tension began to roll away with each skillful touch. Fingers were soon replaced with a soft sea sponge. Reese washed her lover’s back and then dipped the sponge in the water and ran it over her blonde hair, stopping briefly to clean behind Beth’s ears.

"I think we need one of these thermal spa things installed in the cabin, don’t you?" Beth turned around and kissed her friend on the nose. She glanced up at the ugly bruise on her partner’s head and then gently ran the sponge over the raised bump.

"How’s your head, honey?" Beth lowered the sponge to the taller woman’s shoulder.

"Not too bad, really." Reese felt Beth move around to reach her back. The young blonde rubbed the muscles on her lover’s neck and then began to caress the long black hair with the wet sponge. She massaged tense back muscles with one hand and followed each touch with the soft sponge. Beth moved closer and kissed the back of Reese’s neck.

"Mmmm. You taste good."

Reese turned around and placed her hands on her partner’s shoulders. She gently pushed the smaller woman into a corner of the stone bath. She placed her hands on either side of the spa, effectively trapping Beth into the corner with no escape. "No fair. I want a taste, too."

Beth leaned her head back as Reese began a trail of kisses down her neck down to her shoulder. The smaller woman slid her arms around her lover’s waist and then wrapped her legs around the taller ones pressed up against her own.

"You taste delicious," said Reese as she nibbled on Beth’s earlobe. At the same time, her hands began a sensual exploration of the wet curves on her young lover’s body.

As her heart began to beat faster, Beth pulled herself into Reese’s arms and surrendered to the now rapidly moving fingers setting her nerve endings on fire. Small waves began to form as the two women moved in tandem with each other. Reese’s touch was relentless, alternating kisses and fingers over every inch of her partner’s intoxicating body. Beth cried out, arched her back and then shuddered as she felt a final surge of passion race through her soul. Out of breath, the young blonde slid down in the water into waiting arms.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Reese rocked her lover gently in the warm water.

"I feel wonderful." Beth reached up and caressed the tall beauty’s face. "Do you feel up to this, honey? I desperately want to make love to you, but I don’t want you to risk your health just because I can’t keep my hands off of you. God, the last thing I want to do is hurt you."

Reese craved her partner’s touch, but knew that they still had a busy night planned. The last thing she wanted to do was to flake out on her honeymoon. "Can we wait until tonight? I think I need to pace myself the rest of the day."

"Of course we can wait, love."

Reese kissed the top of her partner’s head. "I don’t know about you, but I think I’m prunin’ in here."

"Prunin’ huh?" Beth playfully pushed a handful of water at her new bride.

Reese answered her friend with two handfuls of water aimed directly in her face.

"I’m going to get you for that," threatened smaller the woman who then launched a full water attack at her target.

"I’m counting on it," answered Reese. "Now c’mere."

Wrapping her arms around her lover, she gave Beth a long, lingering kiss. Yes, my sweet, I’m counting on it.


to be continued...

Return to Main Page