Disclaimers: See Part 1

Additional Note (Please Read): This story is tied in with the tale, The Conqueror & Ri: A Twist of Destiny. This is chapter 3, so if you haven't read chapters 1 and 2 of both stories, you should do so... Now. That way you won't be confused by the interlacing plot.

Feedback and comments can be sent to, Martinkendell19@yahoo.com

Xena and Gabrielle,

A Turn of Fate,

By, Ahkiken


Chapter 3: Perfect Future

Gabrielle stood in the shallow body of the stream. Its waters came just below her thighs, requiring her to only remove her boots. Washing the remaining blood from her sais and hands, she wondered would the day ever come when neither Xena and herself wouldn't have to fight, let alone kill any longer. The warrior-bard couldn't wait to get to Scione. She was hoping they could find a nice place to settle and work out a happy perfect future.

'Maybe we can hang our weapons up for good.' Gabrielle thought, watching Xena take off her boots, and Tanya repeatedly splashing her face with the cold water.

Completely cleaning everything off, Gabrielle started using her thumb to trace the circlet on her index finger, once again reminiscing about her night in Thebes with her soul mate.

"Mmm, Xena!"

 

That was all I could moan and scream loudly. A blast of stars filled the pitch blackness of my closed eyes. The liquid from my orgasm was being lavishly licked by Xena's tongue. It was my third climax of the night and I became highly sensitive. I needed her constantly moving tongue to stop.

 

"Please, Xena." I groan.

 

She must have mistook my word because she began sucking my clit in earnest.

 

"Ahh, Xena. Xena, please... Please, I need you to... Oh, god, I need you to stop." I cried out between rising pain and pleasure.

 

"What's wrong?" Xena asked, ceasing her ministrations. "Let me give you one more and I'll stop."

 

After she said that, two of her fingers slipped inside of me, making me cry anew. I grabbed her long moist hair, torn with decisions of wanting her to stop and allowing her to take my body again once her fingers stroked me a few times. When her baby blue eyes locked onto mines, I pleaded with them for her to relent.

 

Understanding my distress, Xena withdrew her digits from within me, causing me to yelp. Next, she brought the two fingers that were inside me up to my lips, slipping them into my mouth. Maintaining eye contact, I sucked my essence off of her sensuously. I use to find the taste of myself a bit awkward, but now I loved to savor the sweet tangy nectar that secreted out of me, almost as much as she did.

 

Still, I loved the taste of her even more and as I gaze into her irises, I presumed for a second she would ride my face like she sometimes do. Instead, Xena kissed her way up my body and plunged her tainted tongue onto mine, giving me another helping of tasting myself. A soulful moan escaped one of us, but I didn't care who it came from, for if we kept kissing deeply as we were, I would soon do whatever she wanted me to.

 

Pulling away to my growing disappointment, she whispered, "Happy birthday, Gabrielle. Was it enjoyable?"

 

I found myself panting and nodding in appreciation. "Yes, you were wonderful."

 

Xena smirked. "I'm not talking about the sex. I know that was gratifying."

 

"You can be very cocky sometimes. I wasn't speaking about the sex either."

 

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow, calling my small fib.

 

"Fine, our lovemaking blew my mind." Grasping both sides of her face, I say, "Not only that. I've enjoyed everything you done for me today. The poem you gave me simply made me happy."

 

Xena kissed me again, before laying back on the soft bed, rolling me halfway on top of her naked flesh. Snuggling into my favorite spot below her chin and neck, I decide to recite the poem.

 

"There's a moment I look at you. And no speech is left in me. My tongue breaks, then fire races under my skin. And I tremble and grow pale. For I am dying of such love."

 

My soul mate chuckles in advance of teasing me, "It takes a bard to recite another bard's work."

 

"Sappho's no mere bard, Xena." I felt her shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. "Did you mean it?"

 

"Hmm?" She use that sexy hum I love.

 

"The poem, silly. Did you mean it?" I repeat. "Are you dying of such love? Do those words signify what's in your heart?"

 

She takes a short time to answer, causing me to believe she would not.

 

"No. I use to feel that way, but not anymore. I have no need to envy such love." Xena finally asserts.

 

My heart rate picks up, beating in haste, and I let the tears spill from my irises. "Why? Because you've found it, or you gave up on love?"

 

"I have found it. In you, Gabrielle."

 

"You are in love with me. You've always loved me, but why?" I lift myself off her to see her whole face directly. "Why'd you put us through so much for so many years? You made me feel like I was only good enough for just your bedroll and not your heart."

 

The tears continued to fall while I went on my tangent. "You had hurt me so terribly when we went to Egypt. Telling me you no longer wanted me sexually, you only needed me as a friend. The whole affair with Marc Antony; it appeared like you didn't care if I was there or not. And after our slumber, you blatantly told me I could sleep with Vir-"

 

In a flash, Xena tossed me over onto my back, our positions now reversed.

 

"I know I have made horrible mistakes when it involves us. I also know it was stupid of me to take you as a lover and not have a monogamous relationship with you." She paused, wiping the wetness from my cheeks. "I almost lost you many of times, but I realized Virgil was the last I would ever chance in losing you."

 

Virgil.

 

I have to tell her the truth about me and him.

 

"Xena, me and Virgil... We-"

 

"I don't want to know." Xena interjected. "I never want to know. You are a benignant woman, Gabrielle. It doesn't take people long to see. You're lovely, intelligent... I could go on and on."

 

I cheered up and didn't want to ruin the afterglow. "You forgot worldly, cute, talented."

 

"And full of herself." Xena jived.

 

She played with the golden strands that was close to my ear. "Looks like I should've paid better detail in cleaning your ears."

 

"What are you talking about, Xena?" Prepared to protest, I gasp, raising slightly when I see a silver ring grace my sight. "What is-"

 

"Can you be quiet please. This is hard enough already."

 

I lay back on the pillow, trying my best not to get overly excited. It's just a ring. It could mean anything. Friendship ring. Lover ring. Bonding ring.

 

Calm down.

 

Taking my left hand in hers, she aver, "Let me tell you a story of a warrior. A tale about me. A cowardly warlord named Cortese chose to raid a small village called Amphipolis. I decided to rouse the villagers to fight back, but by winning, many people lost family, friends, and I lost my brother, Lyceus. In turn, I lost the villagers respect, my mother's love, along with my home. For a very long time afterwards, I only wanted to help my village by raiding other villages close to Amphipolis, becoming a pirate. I'd met and fell in love with Caesar, thinking we would rule the world together. However, he spurn me. Taking my love and repaying me with betrayal, rage, death. I swore I would never give my heart to another living person again.

 

I took my frustrations and anger out on every living thing on this earth. I believed I'd never accept love again, until Hercules changed all of that. He unchained my heart, and I started to love him for it."

 

Don't get jealous. Don't get jealous.

 

"I had separated from the son of Zeus to find my own way. Then, when I lost Marcus, I felt he was my mortal beloved. But I was wrong about all of them. Petracles, Hercules, Marcus, Borias. I loved them, but in different ways and for different reasons. Just like I loved M'Lila and Lao 'Ma in different ways. They all had helped me one way or another, selflessly. My heart was still shelled, till you."

 

It took all my control to hold my emotions in check.

 

"When I found myself on the outskirts of Potidaea, I was ready to end my life. The sins of the past were eating me alive, but when I seen these villagers being routed by slavers, and this long strawberry blonde-haired girl, whom was ready to take the abuse of slavery to save the others, I felt something force me into action. As I'd stumbled into your aqua eyes, it left me defenseless. That's why I denied you from following me. You stalked me anyway and broke down the shell around my heart."

 

A small laugh escaped me.

 

"I'm not a stalker." I pretended to pout.

 

"If you say so." She grinned, before getting serious again. "We have been through a lot together. Some events I don't care to remember, but throughout all of it, I cherish every moment with you and I need you to know."

 

Suddenly, she stopped speaking and breathed in intensely. Come on, I am ardent to hear what she has to say.

 

"I am in love with you. I have been for so long that I can't pinpoint exactly when, nonetheless, it scared me. Maybe it begun the first night we had sex, and I was afraid to get hurt, or hurting you in return. That is why I put restrictions on us, and it's why I turned to Ulysses the following morning."

 

Damn it, don't ruin the mood by bringing up his name. After we slept together, the next day she was in his arms, caressing his lips with hers. Proclaiming I taught her how to love, so she could love him.

 

Xena must have noticed my expression for what it was, because she gently touched the side of my face with her right hand.

 

"Honestly Gabrielle, none of them matter. Not Ulysses, Rafe; gods I don't know what the hell I was thinking with him. Nor Marc Antony. Well, he reminded me of power and conquest. I didn't love any of them at all." She said, profoundly.

 

"Ares?" I question, knowing full well he could always pose a threat to our relationship.

 

"Ares entice my dark side. I am his chosen. There's nothing I can do to change that. All I can profess is he will never ever coerce me from you."

 

"No one will ever break us apart?" I had to query.

 

"Nobody, Little One. I've kept my word to you thus far haven't I? At least since we came back to Potidaea."

 

True, she has. Not without admonition, she was willing to allow me to avenge my family by killing Gurkhan myself.

 

"Yes." I agree.

 

"Do you trust I will always love you, take care of you and your needs?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Do you want to be with me forever in this world and beyond?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Then bond with me. I will honor you. I will worship you, body and soul. I'll be damned if I left this life without you as my wife." Xena kissed me softly. "Say yes, Gabrielle."

 

Even after all the lies, pain, bliss, death, and tears our journey had cast on us, my brain raced with only one word.

 

"Yes!"

 

Xena's eyes glisten while she kissed and sucked my left index finger into her mouth, before placing the silver ring on it. I took in the details of my new band. A jade stone is embedded in the middle and it has indentations surrounding it, too.

 

I read the four words aloud, "My Heart, My Love. Xena, it's... I do not know what to say."

 

I was at a lost for words to explain the events that had transpired. This couldn't be happening. It had to be a trick or some horrible dream. Okay, not horrible. A suitable nightmare, but I surely don't want to wake from this, especially with Xena claiming my mouth thoroughly with hers. My hands graze her dark nipples on her chest, and entangles in her raven hair. I'm aroused once more; all I wanted to do was taste her.

 

Xena released a moan, halting our dancing tongues.

 

"You made me the happiest ex-warlord ever!" She exclaimed with a huge smile, making her azure orbs glow.

 

It only made me want her greatly.

 

I licked her neck, up to her ear. "Allow me the pleasure of pleasing you more, my future wife."

 

Xena got the hint and avidly climbed my small frame, setting her wet pussy over my watering mouth. I listened graciously to the sounds she made as I voluptuously sucked her to an orgasm.

 

Strong arms enclosed around Gabrielle's bare waist.

"What 'cha thinking?" Xena inquired.

Gabrielle leaned into the embrace. "I'm beginning to grow weary of the Greater Good."

Xena absorbed her lover's words. "We'll talk, Gabrielle. I'm going to check on Tanya. See if she's alright."

The blonde bard gave a nod of acceptance.

Tanya ran her dampen hands through her reddish brown hair, replaying Jargas' death over in her head. Xena trailed the stream to stand in front of the troubled woman.

"Tanya, how are you holding up?"

Light brown eyes tilted upwards. "I... I've never seen a person die. I have never seen a dead body in my life."

"I know how you feel. It's not easy seeing death, whether it's by illness or a blade. This is what your father, Marmax, was trying to warn and protect you from." Xena explained.

"Some people say you are a goddess of death. Not even Celesta could touch your skills in taking lives. They claim your presence can wear off on others, influencing them to be effective killers as well." Tanya proclaimed.

Xena's expression became disgruntled. "Do you believe I cause death and destruction?"

Tanya's head bent down again. Xena captured the younger woman's shaken hands tenderly within her own.

Xena reflected on the wise teachings of the Hindu god, Krishna. "Life can be difficult at times, no matter if you try to live it out peacefully, or as a warrior. Sooner or later this would have happened. Those guys you decided to lie to and join with, set you on a path that would have ultimately led you to killing, if not being killed once they'd discovered your deception. Your decision to manipulate, forced my friend and partner to take a life. Drawing blood isn't easy for everyone. Some find it hard to deal with, becoming traumatized by it. Others like Gabrielle, abhors killing, but learns to cope with it. Very few thinks nothing of it at all. Kill or be killed, that is the Way of the Warrior."

Appearing to had retreated into her own world, Tanya viewed the scenery they were in. The stream seem to run out into an unknown river and was deeper than normal streamlets. The trees' branches in the area were half bare, but some showed renewed leaves that was strengthened by the season of rebirth.

"This clearing is splendid." Tanya affirmed.

Xena got annoyed, thinking the auburn-haired woman was ignoring her. "Do you understand what I've averred to you?"

"Yes." Tanya replied, bringing her eyes to Xena's. "But you misunderstood me."

Xena became bemused. "What?"

Gabrielle walked over to the pair, standing beside her lover in the stream.

"What have you meant then, Tanya?" Xena was askance.

"You taught her, right?" Tanya pointed to Gabrielle.

"Yes. Gabrielle had other teachers also." Xena answered.

"Still, you would be creditable for most of her skills." Tanya countered.

"What is this all about?" The Amazon butted in.

"The great Warrior Princess trained you, and I was hoping..."

"Hoping?" Xena encouraged.

"Please." Tanya threw herself into the water on her knees before the tall woman. "You have to take me with you. Teach me everything you know. I can cook. I've learned to navigate by using the stars. I can be invaluable to you. Please, take me with you. You can't leave me here."

The two soul mates glanced at each other, both aware that some of those exact words came from a young girl from Potidaea many years ago.

Xena lifted Tanya onto her feet. "I already have a partner, I'm not looking for a replacement."

Tanya got desperate. "I could travel with both of you. I have my own horse."

"No." Xena stated.

"At least take in consideration I am a warrior, not a bard. After I learn from you, I can become better than her. I know it. You just have to give me a chance." Tanya responded, rashly.

"You need to calm down, Tanya. You're being disrespectful." Gabrielle declared in growing anger.

Xena shoved Tanya down. Her body landing halfway on the grass and the stream.

"Already you have proven that my love is a far better companion than you. You haven't thanked Gabrielle for saving your life, but instead, try to insult her. You belied your true identity, pining for mines as Destroyer of Nations, inveigling a band of bandits to do ill actions to others. You have to own up to the responsibilities of your decisions." Xena growled.

Tanya sat up on her elbows, while Xena moved to stand over top of her.

Xena's contralto voice snarled, "I won't teach you anything, Tanya. We will not be taking you with us either. Your choices are to return home or begin your trek in this world, seeking out your own destiny because it's not with me nor Gabrielle."

Xena crossed over Tanya to go back to her Palomino.

Tanya watched Xena walk away, thinking, 'She said my love. My love? What did she mean by that?'

She looked at the small woman in question, who held her hand out to offer assistance.

Gabrielle helped Tanya to stand. "Your father use to be a warmonger before Xena changed his views about life and war. He would be very disappointed in you."

"I don't need your ridicule." Tanya was discontented.

The petite Amazon placed her left hand on the younger woman's arm. "I'm not trying to antagonize you. Your actions would be below your father's expectations right now, but you have an opportunity to turn that around, becoming something of yourself, making your father proud."

Tanya head fell down in shame for what felt like the umpteenth time.

'If you only knew.' She mused, morosely.

When Gabrielle withdrew her hand, Tanya spied the silver ring on her finger.

Gabrielle headed towards Xena, hearing Tanya call out, "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Not only for saving my life, but for the chat too."

The bard stopped her footfalls. "I know. You're welcome."

"Forgive me for my words directed at you. You both are my heroes, however, Xena's my idol."

Gabrielle had to relate. "She's mines as well."

Next, Gabrielle was about to resume her footing.

"Are you married, Gabrielle?" Tanya questioned.

The short-haired woman thought of Perdicus for a split second. Then her ratiocination shifted to Xena.

She turned briefly, smiling jovially. "Not yet."

After that, Gabrielle made her way to her fiancee.

Alone, Tanya uttered to herself, "More than just Xena's bard."

 

To Be Continued...

 

Return to the Academy

Author's Page