Impulse: Book Two

IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING

 
"Impulse: A sudden inclination or urge"
The American Heritage dictionary

By Mezzo

"This is Book Two in my series called Impulse.

If you haven't read Book One: AFTER ALL IS SAID, you might want to start there."

DISCLAIMERS: (see INSTALLMENT ONE)

Copyright © 2002 by Mezzo All Rights Reserved

Visit and join http://groups.msn.com/MezzosMelodramas for installment previews.

Comments and feedback are welcome at mezzosmelodramas@msn.com.

*****************************************************************************************

 

INSTALLMENT TWELVE

INSTALLMENT THIRTEEN

After Brett led Tori to the buffet and piled enough food for Tori and herself, they made their way to Brett's grandmother. There seated in a large chair was Grandma Montgomery. Grammy M, as they called her, was in her mid-eighties and as feisty as she was witty. Both her and Brett's grandfather were both very healthy for their age and in their day made a very handsome couple.

"Well, Victoria. It is about time you brought yourself over here. I was beginning to think that your presence here was just a rumor." Grammy M ordered Tori over. She held her arms open and Tori gladly sank into them. She smelt of roses and baby powder. Tori had always found Grammy M to be such a welcoming soul.

"Well ... Well ... Well. Now stand up so I can get a good look at you."

Tori stood up to her full height and waited for the quip she was sure to get. "My, my, my...Look at you. You've grown up to be quite an eye full haven't you. You must keep the insurance companies quite busy?" Grammy M gave Tori a very appreciative look.

"I'm sorry Grammy I don't understand what you're getting at?" Tori knew this was going to be good. It always was.

"Well honey the reported cases. Isn't it obvious?" Grammy winked at Brett, who was leaning against the door jam that was next to where Grammy was seated.

"Um no... It isn't all that obvious to me." Tori looked to Brett for help.

"Don't look at me, heartbreaker, you're on your on." Brett flashed Tori a gorgeous smile and wink.

The exchange wasn't lost on Brett's grandmother. Hmm, Well I'll be. It's about time. Brett grandmother thought. She had always known that the two shared a special bond.

"Alright I guess I'm going to have to explain.... Tori..... the insurance claims that are filed when you walk by. All heads must turn so quickly that people's necks go out of whack." Grammy M started laughing so hard at the red blush that covered all of Tori's face.

"Grammy M, you're too much. No there aren't a whole lot of claims. But your granddaughter here...." She leaned over and pulled Brett over to where she was sitting on the arm of Grammy M's chair. Opening her legs so Brett could stand between them, she placed an arm around Brett's waist.

"Now she's the looker. She's got them falling all over themselves. Me included." Tori just beamed with love for Brett and Brett gave her an equally loving look in return.

"You know girls, I may be an old lady. But I can still spot steam rising 10 paces away. And you two are definitely steaming. So what gives?" She gave them both a very knowing look.

"Now I know where Uncle Gordon gets it. Nothing ever gets by him." Turning, Tori directed her gaze to Brett. "Well honey do you want to tell Grammy or do I?"

"I'd be glad to. Grammy...." Brett put her arm around Tori's. "It gives me great pleasure to announce that Tori and I are dating." Brett bent down and gave Tori a sweet peck on the top of her head. They both looked over to Grammy and waited for a response.

"You know girls... if the women I grew up with looked like you, I might have considered going the other way myself." Grandma had a very approving look on her face and winked as Tori's face turned beet red again. "Well don't just sit there, give me a hug?"

Tori laughed and let go of Brett so Brett could give her Grammy a hug.

Pointing a finger at her Grammy, Brett gave her the business. "You are so bad." She bent down and gave her a hug and kiss "...but I love dearly."

"I love you too pumpkin. It's about time you found someone worthy of you." Grammy M loved all her grandchildren but Brett always had a special place in her heart.

"Alright, alright. Let me at her..." Brett chuckled, then stepped aside. Tori bent down and gave Grammy a big hug as well. "I've missed you Grammy M."

Brett and Tori used to sit with Brett's grandmother for hours playing scrabble or listening to her stories. She was well loved by all. Mainly because she didn't care what anybody thought. When she liked you, she loved you. When she didn't, well let's just say she didn't suffer fools lightly. Brett definitely took after her side of the family. With her blonde hair and green eyes, Brett was the only one amongst her siblings that had this coloring. I guess this is why Tori took to her grandmother so well because she could see so much of her grandmother in Brett. The only difference was Brett loved everyone first and passed judgment later. Even then, she would still give you the benefit of the doubt. What endeared Brett to Tori the most was her loving heart.

"Well of course you did. I am a very lovable person. So, tell me what took you so long? I thought you shagged my granddaughter years ago? You two sure looked like you were headed that way a long time ago. What happened? You lost the directions?"

Tori was about to lose it. Brett's Grandma was a trip. Tori bent over and whispered something in Grandma M's ear sending the older women into a fit of laughter. "Oh my... that's good to know. Well Brett I think you're going to be very satisfied with this one. If she's too much for you, you can send her my way. As they say, ‘you're never too old to try something new'!"

It was now Brett's turn to turn beet red. "No Grandma. This one's all mine and she's definitely not too much for me. If anything, I can't get enough of her." Brett wrapped her arms around Tori possessively. "I don't blame you for wanting to try her out. She's absolutely irresistible." Brett tightened her hold around Tori and they exchanged another loving gaze. "Even if I was willing to share, I don't know if you could take her. She might be too much for you." Brett released Tori, bent down, and whispered something in her Grandma's ear. "You see she does this thing......"

"Really? Isn't that difficult?" Grandma M had an astonished look on her face.

"Very! And I want you around for a very long time. But you have to admit, it would be a great way to go." Brett waggled her eyes and made a lewd gesture.

"Oh yes. I think you are right." Grandma M gave Brett an equally crude gesture.

"Excuse me... I'm right here ladies." Tori was now very embarrassed at being the center of their discussion. She sat there sulking with a very dejected look on her face.

"Oh baby, don't be scared. I won't let Grandma hurt you." Brett whipped.

Tori threw her hands up in frustration.

"You're not sorry I told Grammy about us? Are you? Oh look at that pout?" Brett loved it when Tori got all vulnerable.

"No. I just don't like getting picked on." Tori put on an even bigger sulk and gave Brett her best puppy dog eyes.

"Oh baby I'm sorry. Did I hurt my baby's feelings?", Brett responded.

Tori shook her head up and down. Brett reached over, ran her hands through Tori's rich dark hair, and gave her pouting lips a very thorough kissing.

With a happy grin on her face, Tori turned to Grandma M and gave her a dazzling smile. "You see..... I know how to get what I want when I want too?"

Brett slapped Tori across her belly and replied. "Alright wisecracker, I'll get you for that one."

Grammy observed the closeness that seemed to pour out from the two women. The love between them was so evident. "Girls, I know I kid around a lot. But I want you to know that I've always thought you two had something very special. I have been blessed to be married to your Grampy for sixty-eight years. And I would not change a single day that we have shared. Take care of one another and don't ever take each other for granted. I see a lot of happiness in store for the both of you. What you two have is very rare. Enjoy it. .....Now get out of here. If you see that old guy I'm married to, send him over. All this talk of love and sex has got me all wound up!" She gave them both a hug and sent them on their way.

As Tori and Brett walked away, Tori turned back to Grammy M and mouth the words, "Thank you."

Grandma M in return answered with a very warm smile and blew her a kiss.

TO BE CONTINUED. Installment Fourteen

Return to Main Page

 

Impulse: Book Two

IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING

_________________________________________________________________________________________